Lets presume I'm a book if I have two guys and the bet opposite sides The perspective vig is 10%. One guy loses he give me 110. He did not give me a dime to start. The other guy wins I give him 100 he also did not give me a dime. My 10% comes from the guy who lost the wager.
Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper
Lets presume I'm a book if I have two guys and the bet opposite sides The perspective vig is 10%. One guy loses he give me 110. He did not give me a dime to start. The other guy wins I give him 100 he also did not give me a dime. My 10% comes from the guy who lost the wager.
Lets presume I'm a book if I have two guys and the bet opposite sides The perspective vig is 10%. One guy loses he give me 110. He did not give me a dime to start. The other guy wins I give him 100 he also did not give me a dime. My 10% comes from the guy who lost the wager.
I think the widespread problems understanding the concept of who pays the vig is inherit in the US odds system, where you are expressing the amount you have to stake in order to win a set amount, 100 units. It's not transparent and it's not very easy to keep your head straight when you're primarily always adjusting the stake in your mind. -110 = 1.91 in decimal odds and -105 = 1.95 (rounded some). I then immediately see that if I place a wager of 1 unit where the juice is lower and win, my net profit is 0.95 units. At the higher juice my net profit is only 0.91 units. When the bet loses the juice is (as thoroughly exhausted in the thread by now) irrelevant, 1 unit was the bet and that's of course the loss regardless of juice. Very easy to see using decimal, you should try it. It's also spreadsheet friendly since that's the normal way of doing math and expressing numbers. In school you learned that 6/4 = 1.25, not -400, right?
Haha 5/4 that is, typo
I think the widespread problems understanding the concept of who pays the vig is inherit in the US odds system, where you are expressing the amount you have to stake in order to win a set amount, 100 units. It's not transparent and it's not very easy to keep your head straight when you're primarily always adjusting the stake in your mind. -110 = 1.91 in decimal odds and -105 = 1.95 (rounded some). I then immediately see that if I place a wager of 1 unit where the juice is lower and win, my net profit is 0.95 units. At the higher juice my net profit is only 0.91 units. When the bet loses the juice is (as thoroughly exhausted in the thread by now) irrelevant, 1 unit was the bet and that's of course the loss regardless of juice. Very easy to see using decimal, you should try it. It's also spreadsheet friendly since that's the normal way of doing math and expressing numbers. In school you learned that 6/4 = 1.25, not -400, right?
Haha 5/4 that is, typo
Lets presume I'm a book if I have two guys and the bet opposite sides The perspective vig is 10%. One guy loses he give me 110. He did not give me a dime to start. The other guy wins I give him 100 he also did not give me a dime. My 10% comes from the guy who lost the wager.
Lets presume I'm a book if I have two guys and the bet opposite sides The perspective vig is 10%. One guy loses he give me 110. He did not give me a dime to start. The other guy wins I give him 100 he also did not give me a dime. My 10% comes from the guy who lost the wager.
Scal tell everyone your on computer 24/7 Because your profilaxi says you dont work. On Disabilty,( yeah its your Brain) You know so thing about Clippers . Month ago Cg like t'hem sT home as dog.They do have Good bench. Instead s'avingui Good Pick.You Ramble your crap Month later. How about last night best OKC on road, 7 point Dog. No Griffin or Crawford . I had them didn't need 7. They do have good bench Chris Paul, been on fire. Know shut up about.Concentrate on Today.God we been listing your B.S for weeks .I live in OCC , follow Clippers & Lakers . Have great day. Now go get your Welfare or Disabilty check .I hear your mail man out there. Get JOB
Scal tell everyone your on computer 24/7 Because your profilaxi says you dont work. On Disabilty,( yeah its your Brain) You know so thing about Clippers . Month ago Cg like t'hem sT home as dog.They do have Good bench. Instead s'avingui Good Pick.You Ramble your crap Month later. How about last night best OKC on road, 7 point Dog. No Griffin or Crawford . I had them didn't need 7. They do have good bench Chris Paul, been on fire. Know shut up about.Concentrate on Today.God we been listing your B.S for weeks .I live in OCC , follow Clippers & Lakers . Have great day. Now go get your Welfare or Disabilty check .I hear your mail man out there. Get JOB
6/4 = 1.25? i went to the wrong school.
You sure did cause you are a lazy reader. I corrected that typo right after making the post.
6/4 = 1.25? i went to the wrong school.
You sure did cause you are a lazy reader. I corrected that typo right after making the post.
But there is no US law against being a sports bettor.
But there is no US law against being a sports bettor.
It is going to be great if Louisville wins.
The ups and downs in this thread and how everyone reacts to them are great. 7 game losing streaks followed by 7 game win streaks will provide fantastic drama.
Can you tell how boring Feb to Aug is for me? ![]()
It is going to be great if Louisville wins.
The ups and downs in this thread and how everyone reacts to them are great. 7 game losing streaks followed by 7 game win streaks will provide fantastic drama.
Can you tell how boring Feb to Aug is for me? ![]()
I was thinking that earlier today with all of the good debate around vig and who pays it - all stuff you rarely see on covers but great discussions. Usually it is all "pick" centered here.
But I was also thinking that CG isn't involved at all - that this thread has become the bar where everyone is hanging out - and CG is sometimes here and sometimes not - but the bar keeps on going either way....
![]()
I was thinking that earlier today with all of the good debate around vig and who pays it - all stuff you rarely see on covers but great discussions. Usually it is all "pick" centered here.
But I was also thinking that CG isn't involved at all - that this thread has become the bar where everyone is hanging out - and CG is sometimes here and sometimes not - but the bar keeps on going either way....
![]()
Here is an interesting CG prop:
The base unit in the betting empire has clearly moved to 1k.
Which will we see first? The base unit back at 500, or the base unit to 1,500?
I would say 1,500 is a -150 favorite.
Here is an interesting CG prop:
The base unit in the betting empire has clearly moved to 1k.
Which will we see first? The base unit back at 500, or the base unit to 1,500?
I would say 1,500 is a -150 favorite.
Here is an interesting CG prop:
The base unit in the betting empire has clearly moved to 1k.
Which will we see first? The base unit back at 500, or the base unit to 1,500?
I would say 1,500 is a -150 favorite.
Here is an interesting CG prop:
The base unit in the betting empire has clearly moved to 1k.
Which will we see first? The base unit back at 500, or the base unit to 1,500?
I would say 1,500 is a -150 favorite.
Here is an interesting CG prop:
The base unit in the betting empire has clearly moved to 1k.
Which will we see first? The base unit back at 500, or the base unit to 1,500?
I would say 1,500 is a -150 favorite.
Here is an interesting CG prop:
The base unit in the betting empire has clearly moved to 1k.
Which will we see first? The base unit back at 500, or the base unit to 1,500?
I would say 1,500 is a -150 favorite.
Here is an interesting CG prop:
The base unit in the betting empire has clearly moved to 1k.
Which will we see first? The base unit back at 500, or the base unit to 1,500?
I would say 1,500 is a -150 favorite.
Here is an interesting CG prop:
The base unit in the betting empire has clearly moved to 1k.
Which will we see first? The base unit back at 500, or the base unit to 1,500?
I would say 1,500 is a -150 favorite.
You sure did cause you are a lazy reader. I corrected that typo right after making the post.
You sure did cause you are a lazy reader. I corrected that typo right after making the post.
I would say there is a point where he will get scared - the thought of having to move back to Joisy would be too strong - and he would reduce. Maybe if his bankroll got to 15k.
But that is just one scenario - and maybe at that point he would double up too.
Based on feedback, I am moving the line on air!!! New line:
1,500 -200
500 +160
(Im going to take Vegas vig on this one, if you could find it offshore you would find it at -200, +185 but FU to all of you offshore bettors)
I would say there is a point where he will get scared - the thought of having to move back to Joisy would be too strong - and he would reduce. Maybe if his bankroll got to 15k.
But that is just one scenario - and maybe at that point he would double up too.
Based on feedback, I am moving the line on air!!! New line:
1,500 -200
500 +160
(Im going to take Vegas vig on this one, if you could find it offshore you would find it at -200, +185 but FU to all of you offshore bettors)
I would say there is a point where he will get scared - the thought of having to move back to Joisy would be too strong - and he would reduce. Maybe if his bankroll got to 15k.
But that is just one scenario - and maybe at that point he would double up too.
Based on feedback, I am moving the line on air!!! New line:
1,500 -200
500 +160
(Im going to take Vegas vig on this one, if you could find it offshore you would find it at -200, +185 but FU to all of you offshore bettors)
I would say there is a point where he will get scared - the thought of having to move back to Joisy would be too strong - and he would reduce. Maybe if his bankroll got to 15k.
But that is just one scenario - and maybe at that point he would double up too.
Based on feedback, I am moving the line on air!!! New line:
1,500 -200
500 +160
(Im going to take Vegas vig on this one, if you could find it offshore you would find it at -200, +185 but FU to all of you offshore bettors)
Wow. Major steam on the over.
I might be in big trouble on this one.
New line:
1,500 - 250
500 +200
![]()
Wow. Major steam on the over.
I might be in big trouble on this one.
New line:
1,500 - 250
500 +200
![]()
The Wire Act Of 1961 And It's Effect On Legal Sports Betting In The U.S.A.
The Wire Act of 1961 was meant to prohibit certain methods of placing sports bets. Mainly the use of telephones since at the time Las Vegas was the only legal place to wager on sports. The law was meant to outlaw bookies who operated outside Las Vegas. While the official wording of the document states, and I quote;
"The term "wire communication facility" means any and all instrumentalities, personnel, and services (among other things, the receipt, forwarding, or delivery of communications) used or useful in the transmission of writings, signs, pictures, and sounds of all kinds by aid of wire, cable, or other like connection between the points of origin and reception of such transmission."
It is clearly difficult to understand what constitutes the use of a wire placed wager. Back in 1961 there was no internet so it obviously was not meant to ban this specific method. Since it is unclear on whether or not this act applies to betting sports online in the U.S., it has never been used to go after sports bettors. It is argued in circles that this is only used to prosecute owners and operators of sites. Recently the Department of Justice released a statement saying that the Wire Act of 1961 does not apply to online poker rooms. This is good news for poker players and can be considered good for sports bettors as well.
The Wire Act Of 1961 And It's Effect On Legal Sports Betting In The U.S.A.
The Wire Act of 1961 was meant to prohibit certain methods of placing sports bets. Mainly the use of telephones since at the time Las Vegas was the only legal place to wager on sports. The law was meant to outlaw bookies who operated outside Las Vegas. While the official wording of the document states, and I quote;
"The term "wire communication facility" means any and all instrumentalities, personnel, and services (among other things, the receipt, forwarding, or delivery of communications) used or useful in the transmission of writings, signs, pictures, and sounds of all kinds by aid of wire, cable, or other like connection between the points of origin and reception of such transmission."
It is clearly difficult to understand what constitutes the use of a wire placed wager. Back in 1961 there was no internet so it obviously was not meant to ban this specific method. Since it is unclear on whether or not this act applies to betting sports online in the U.S., it has never been used to go after sports bettors. It is argued in circles that this is only used to prosecute owners and operators of sites. Recently the Department of Justice released a statement saying that the Wire Act of 1961 does not apply to online poker rooms. This is good news for poker players and can be considered good for sports bettors as well.
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,556
- Monday 10/05/2026 683
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,273
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,714
- NFL LOCKED IN! 104,621
- ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,574
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,567
- Breathtaking ....truly 36,323
- NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,322
- MNF - saints is dead 2,859
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
