• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 200201202 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    Bluefin
    scalabrine
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    Bradyisgreat
    L-Jay
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 200201202 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:34 PM ET #4976

    [Quote: Originally Posted by scalabrine]Remember,
    CG is out having dinner with his cousin and his GF right now.
    What a delight it must be to dine with him at the moment!
    CG, only a few days ago you could have picked up the bill for Steve Wynn at a nice place.
     
    After taking the Kings? The very team I told you was complete idiocy to back?
     
    You'd be lucky to afford the lemon wedge on the lip of your diet coke.[/Quote

    Scal I seem to remember a few big titled write ups of yours that went the other way. It seriously sick how pleased you get at the misfortune of others.
    And for someone that's been as boastful as yourself seems kind of ironic you calling CG out.
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by scalabrine]Remember,
    CG is out having dinner with his cousin and his GF right now.
    What a delight it must be to dine with him at the moment!
    CG, only a few days ago you could have picked up the bill for Steve Wynn at a nice place.
     
    After taking the Kings? The very team I told you was complete idiocy to back?
     
    You'd be lucky to afford the lemon wedge on the lip of your diet coke.[/Quote

    Scal I seem to remember a few big titled write ups of yours that went the other way. It seriously sick how pleased you get at the misfortune of others.
    And for someone that's been as boastful as yourself seems kind of ironic you calling CG out.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:35 PM ET #4977

    Quote Originally Posted by Laroja:

    CG you should seriously listen to Goose, Vansack and rangerz2478. They've been giving solid advice. 

     

    Yeah, advice on how to do this effectively.

    I've been wasting my time warning him about the games he's taking. I'm the ONLY guy analyzing his capping in 200 pages. The only one. It all started with the Clippers bench.

    Did he listen? NO. Why? He won the game. Well he won the game IN SPITE of his analysis.

    And what does he do after the? The TOTAL opposite of anything and everything I tell him is wrong with his cap.

    The Hawks are DUE to regress.

    WHAT??????

    Ok, that's fine.

    But when that buzzer sounds?

     

    I'm gonna be here with a bullhorn right in your ears papa!

    I'm gonna come through LOUD and CLEAR.

    LOUD

    and

    CLEAR

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Laroja:

    CG you should seriously listen to Goose, Vansack and rangerz2478. They've been giving solid advice. 

     

    Yeah, advice on how to do this effectively.

    I've been wasting my time warning him about the games he's taking. I'm the ONLY guy analyzing his capping in 200 pages. The only one. It all started with the Clippers bench.

    Did he listen? NO. Why? He won the game. Well he won the game IN SPITE of his analysis.

    And what does he do after the? The TOTAL opposite of anything and everything I tell him is wrong with his cap.

    The Hawks are DUE to regress.

    WHAT??????

    Ok, that's fine.

    But when that buzzer sounds?

     

    I'm gonna be here with a bullhorn right in your ears papa!

    I'm gonna come through LOUD and CLEAR.

    LOUD

    and

    CLEAR

     

     
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1286
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:36 PM ET #4978

    is it over yet...
    Reply
    is it over yet...
     
    Bradyisgreat
    Bradyisgreat
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 947
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:38 PM ET #4979

    the ones bagging on CG after a huge loss are just jerks. Please leave the kid alone. trust me he feels bad enough without you all killing him. We dont want him to snap because he is a good guy that made a bad decision. we have all made stupid moves. 

    Hang in there CG. you can bring it back if you get back to grinding and being humble. When you are focused, selective and deliberate, you are tough to beat. Hang in there buddy. I got your back and going to help you get your money back. 
    Reply
    the ones bagging on CG after a huge loss are just jerks. Please leave the kid alone. trust me he feels bad enough without you all killing him. We dont want him to snap because he is a good guy that made a bad decision. we have all made stupid moves. 

    Hang in there CG. you can bring it back if you get back to grinding and being humble. When you are focused, selective and deliberate, you are tough to beat. Hang in there buddy. I got your back and going to help you get your money back. 
     
    L-Jay
    L-Jay
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 8005
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:38 PM ET #4980

    Just imagine what this Scal dude must look like in person lmfao!
    Reply
    Just imagine what this Scal dude must look like in person lmfao!
     
    Bradyisgreat
    Bradyisgreat
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 947
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:39 PM ET #4981

    Scal, leave the kid alone man. I know you have been trying to help but right now is not the time for it.
    Reply
    Scal, leave the kid alone man. I know you have been trying to help but right now is not the time for it.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:39 PM ET #4982

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin:

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Remember,
    CG is out having dinner with his cousin and his GF right now.
    What a delight it must be to dine with him at the moment!
    CG, only a few days ago you could have picked up the bill for Steve Wynn at a nice place.
     
    After taking the Kings? The very team I told you was complete idiocy to back?
     
    You'd be lucky to afford the lemon wedge on the lip of your diet coke.[/Quote

    Scal I seem to remember a few big titled write ups of yours that went the other way. It seriously sick how pleased you get at the misfortune of others.
    And for someone that's been as boastful as yourself seems kind of ironic you calling CG out.

    Who cares? The BEST capper with will 6 and LOSE 4.

    That's right, 4 of ten write-ups no matter how big or small or elaborate will LOSE for anyone and everyone here. And that's the BEST here.

    I tried to help the guy.

    Wrote up EXACTLY why he shouldn't take the Kings.

    Wrote up EXACTLY why he shouldn't take the Nets.

    Wrote up several other games.

    ALL of it ignored.

    Well I'll be damned if I don't remind him about it.

    That is not pleasure in misfortune.

    That is taking your lumps for complete and utter idiocy.

    Maybe he'll learn something from this berating. Probably not.

    But you can bet your bippy he'll hear about it.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin:

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Remember,
    CG is out having dinner with his cousin and his GF right now.
    What a delight it must be to dine with him at the moment!
    CG, only a few days ago you could have picked up the bill for Steve Wynn at a nice place.
     
    After taking the Kings? The very team I told you was complete idiocy to back?
     
    You'd be lucky to afford the lemon wedge on the lip of your diet coke.[/Quote

    Scal I seem to remember a few big titled write ups of yours that went the other way. It seriously sick how pleased you get at the misfortune of others.
    And for someone that's been as boastful as yourself seems kind of ironic you calling CG out.

    Who cares? The BEST capper with will 6 and LOSE 4.

    That's right, 4 of ten write-ups no matter how big or small or elaborate will LOSE for anyone and everyone here. And that's the BEST here.

    I tried to help the guy.

    Wrote up EXACTLY why he shouldn't take the Kings.

    Wrote up EXACTLY why he shouldn't take the Nets.

    Wrote up several other games.

    ALL of it ignored.

    Well I'll be damned if I don't remind him about it.

    That is not pleasure in misfortune.

    That is taking your lumps for complete and utter idiocy.

    Maybe he'll learn something from this berating. Probably not.

    But you can bet your bippy he'll hear about it.

     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:40 PM ET #4983

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenleafSports:

    hey euro why dont you have red stars light up above your name ? because u are a square ! i will laugh all the way to the bank no fear in my capping game sucka

    u bet totals? youre the biggest sucker there is in betting. youre such a genius bro. nba unders are hitting at 55+% this year... bravo bravo loser 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenleafSports:

    hey euro why dont you have red stars light up above your name ? because u are a square ! i will laugh all the way to the bank no fear in my capping game sucka

    u bet totals? youre the biggest sucker there is in betting. youre such a genius bro. nba unders are hitting at 55+% this year... bravo bravo loser 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:42 PM ET #4984

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradyisgreat:

    Scal, leave the kid alone man. I know you have been trying to help but right now is not the time for it.

     

    Right now is the PERFECT time for it.

    You think he'll care if I kill him on one $500 bet when he has 4 going that day?

    Saw this dumpster fire coming from 100 miles away.

    What does he do?

    Drives to the bank.

    Withdraws 5K.

    Lays the bet down on the Kings.

    He had his fun.

    Now it's my turn.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradyisgreat:

    Scal, leave the kid alone man. I know you have been trying to help but right now is not the time for it.

     

    Right now is the PERFECT time for it.

    You think he'll care if I kill him on one $500 bet when he has 4 going that day?

    Saw this dumpster fire coming from 100 miles away.

    What does he do?

    Drives to the bank.

    Withdraws 5K.

    Lays the bet down on the Kings.

    He had his fun.

    Now it's my turn.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:43 PM ET #4985

    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:



    yeah how to get his old job back and still have 20k in the bank

     

    How are you gonna work for $500 or $1000 a week, 40 hours a week when you just lost 5K????

     

    Come on! Get serious.

    He's going ALL THE WAY and we all know it.

    Hopefully he goes back to college because his NBA capping right now is among the worst on covers.

    There isn't a single guy on here who lost 5K on the Kings tonight. NOTTA ONE!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:



    yeah how to get his old job back and still have 20k in the bank

     

    How are you gonna work for $500 or $1000 a week, 40 hours a week when you just lost 5K????

     

    Come on! Get serious.

    He's going ALL THE WAY and we all know it.

    Hopefully he goes back to college because his NBA capping right now is among the worst on covers.

    There isn't a single guy on here who lost 5K on the Kings tonight. NOTTA ONE!

     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:48 PM ET #4986

    scal i think you have written a novel in this thread.. too much time on your hands.. let me guess u had knicks tonight? 
    Reply
    scal i think you have written a novel in this thread.. too much time on your hands.. let me guess u had knicks tonight? 
     
    Wander Bread
    Wander Bread
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 446
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:48 PM ET #4987

    Scal = HARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Reply
    Scal = HARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:49 PM ET #4988

    Posted this at 10:49 West Coast Time

     

    Here I am again with something to say about the play.


    It's almost like you purposely seek out disturbing plays and lines to whip the board into a frenzy.

    Why would you want to fade the team tied for the most wins in the NBA off their most disturbing loss of the year against the Sixers???

    I'm all for taking terrible teams .... In the right spot.

    If you feel this is such a great spot...elaborate!!!


    You haven't answered anyone about their thoughts with regard to this game!

    So what if they are getting 11. Florida was getting 16.5 and blew it.

    The Kings are one of those teams where NO SPREAD given a loss is safe...NO SPREAD.
     
    After his 'write-up' I then let him know he should be prepared for a dumpster fire.
     
    Result:

    A dumpster fire...a 5K dumpster fire.
     
     
    If CG bets $550 bets for the next 5 days I honest to god think the world will come to end. It's impossible.

    There is no way in the world it can or will happen.
     
    Yes, let's LOSE 5K in one night and then we'll recommit ourselves to $550 bets? PLEASE!!!
    Reply

    Posted this at 10:49 West Coast Time

     

    Here I am again with something to say about the play.


    It's almost like you purposely seek out disturbing plays and lines to whip the board into a frenzy.

    Why would you want to fade the team tied for the most wins in the NBA off their most disturbing loss of the year against the Sixers???

    I'm all for taking terrible teams .... In the right spot.

    If you feel this is such a great spot...elaborate!!!


    You haven't answered anyone about their thoughts with regard to this game!

    So what if they are getting 11. Florida was getting 16.5 and blew it.

    The Kings are one of those teams where NO SPREAD given a loss is safe...NO SPREAD.
     
    After his 'write-up' I then let him know he should be prepared for a dumpster fire.
     
    Result:

    A dumpster fire...a 5K dumpster fire.
     
     
    If CG bets $550 bets for the next 5 days I honest to god think the world will come to end. It's impossible.

    There is no way in the world it can or will happen.
     
    Yes, let's LOSE 5K in one night and then we'll recommit ourselves to $550 bets? PLEASE!!!
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:50 PM ET #4989

    Time to start the parlays.
    Reply
    Time to start the parlays.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:50 PM ET #4990

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroPro:

    scal i think you have written a novel in this thread.. too much time on your hands.. let me guess u had knicks tonight? 

    Haven't bet the Knicks in MONTHS.

    Why? I learned my lesson... unlike the OP.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroPro:

    scal i think you have written a novel in this thread.. too much time on your hands.. let me guess u had knicks tonight? 

    Haven't bet the Knicks in MONTHS.

    Why? I learned my lesson... unlike the OP.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:51 PM ET #4991

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Time to start the parlays.
    Perfect
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Time to start the parlays.
    Perfect
     
    Wander Bread
    Wander Bread
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 446
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:53 PM ET #4992

    Scal please put a pic of yourself as your avatar. I gotta see this.
    Reply
    Scal please put a pic of yourself as your avatar. I gotta see this.
     
    Newtons Law
    Newtons Law
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 2008
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:54 PM ET #4993

    One of the most ignored components in analyzing a game especially in the NBA and held true for the Hawks tonight.

    The BOUNCE factor.
    Reply
    One of the most ignored components in analyzing a game especially in the NBA and held true for the Hawks tonight.

    The BOUNCE factor.
     
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1286
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 10:54 PM ET #4994

    running total??? 
    Reply
    running total??? 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 11:04 PM ET #4995

    Quote Originally Posted by Wander Bread:

    Scal please put a pic of yourself as your avatar. I gotta see this.

     

    No thanks man.

    I don't swing that way.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Wander Bread:

    Scal please put a pic of yourself as your avatar. I gotta see this.

     

    No thanks man.

    I don't swing that way.

     
    Kaufee
    Kaufee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5013
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 11:05 PM ET #4996

    CG, A 5K wager is a lot of money, but it's not the end of the world. In fact, over the course of your life, it will have little to no impact. The sting you feel today will soon fade. Just learn from it and don't do it again.
    Reply
    CG, A 5K wager is a lot of money, but it's not the end of the world. In fact, over the course of your life, it will have little to no impact. The sting you feel today will soon fade. Just learn from it and don't do it again.
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 11:06 PM ET #4997

    I know no1 believes me when I say this but... If the queens do get there a$$ kicked tonight I have already said to myself "I took my shot, I had to with a large play because 5 of my 6 losses in my mind were due to my family distracting me". And I just operate with my 22K new bankroll at my $500 a game. This is a SHOT I had to take tonight not bc I went 0-6 but because of how my routine was thrown off and my process I used to dominate out here first 3.5 weeks with my family now here for 5 of my 6 losses in my epic 0-6 disaster
    _________________________________

    You also told yourself that you were going to be disciplined and that you were focused.  Forgive everyone if they don't believe you when it comes to this.

    Your posts sound like an addict.  You love the anticipation.  You relish the count down to game time.  You organize your place and your plan well in advance and watch the game alone.  Sounds like you got high on just the thought of this huge bet and just ran the string out enjoying it all the way....until the game went off.  

    I wish you luck, but I just don't see how that is ever even close to impossible with your mindset.  And if you think you're going to just turn that mindset around in a week....or a month....or maybe even six months, I think you're mistaken.

    I hope I'm wrong, but I know a bit about what I speak here.  

    GL sir.
    Reply
    I know no1 believes me when I say this but... If the queens do get there a$$ kicked tonight I have already said to myself "I took my shot, I had to with a large play because 5 of my 6 losses in my mind were due to my family distracting me". And I just operate with my 22K new bankroll at my $500 a game. This is a SHOT I had to take tonight not bc I went 0-6 but because of how my routine was thrown off and my process I used to dominate out here first 3.5 weeks with my family now here for 5 of my 6 losses in my epic 0-6 disaster
    _________________________________

    You also told yourself that you were going to be disciplined and that you were focused.  Forgive everyone if they don't believe you when it comes to this.

    Your posts sound like an addict.  You love the anticipation.  You relish the count down to game time.  You organize your place and your plan well in advance and watch the game alone.  Sounds like you got high on just the thought of this huge bet and just ran the string out enjoying it all the way....until the game went off.  

    I wish you luck, but I just don't see how that is ever even close to impossible with your mindset.  And if you think you're going to just turn that mindset around in a week....or a month....or maybe even six months, I think you're mistaken.

    I hope I'm wrong, but I know a bit about what I speak here.  

    GL sir.
     
    L-Jay
    L-Jay
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 8005
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 11:11 PM ET #4998

    Quote Originally Posted by Wander Bread:

    Scal please put a pic of yourself as your avatar. I gotta see this.

    No way this clown ever does that. It would completely render his "tough guy" persona useless. He's put way too much time and effort into that, considering he sits on Covers all hours of the day, every day.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander Bread:

    Scal please put a pic of yourself as your avatar. I gotta see this.

    No way this clown ever does that. It would completely render his "tough guy" persona useless. He's put way too much time and effort into that, considering he sits on Covers all hours of the day, every day.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 11:11 PM ET #4999

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    CG, A 5K wager is a lot of money, but it's not the end of the world. In fact, over the course of your life, it will have little to no impact. The sting you feel today will soon fade. Just learn from it and don't do it again.

    I think the hard part is....  Where do you go from here?

    I agree with you.  But as Scal says above - how do you get a job knowing that the next 2 months you are working to repay one wager?  And how do you go down to 500 bucks, knowing that if you go 4-0 on your next 4 games you still lost 5500 a few days earlier?

    There is this saying about real problem gamblers that they cant see the past, and they only see one version of the future.  They are not like normal people.  Normal people say "if this happens, I will do this - and if that happens, I will do that."  Gamblers don't consider what happens when you lose.

    Im not going to give CG advice because he doesn't want it, and I am not going to pile on when he is down.  As an outsider, I just don't know what he can do other than to dry out.  He has to take a week and recalibrate.  Maybe a month.  But that is a longer shot than the Kings beating the Hawks outright.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    CG, A 5K wager is a lot of money, but it's not the end of the world. In fact, over the course of your life, it will have little to no impact. The sting you feel today will soon fade. Just learn from it and don't do it again.

    I think the hard part is....  Where do you go from here?

    I agree with you.  But as Scal says above - how do you get a job knowing that the next 2 months you are working to repay one wager?  And how do you go down to 500 bucks, knowing that if you go 4-0 on your next 4 games you still lost 5500 a few days earlier?

    There is this saying about real problem gamblers that they cant see the past, and they only see one version of the future.  They are not like normal people.  Normal people say "if this happens, I will do this - and if that happens, I will do that."  Gamblers don't consider what happens when you lose.

    Im not going to give CG advice because he doesn't want it, and I am not going to pile on when he is down.  As an outsider, I just don't know what he can do other than to dry out.  He has to take a week and recalibrate.  Maybe a month.  But that is a longer shot than the Kings beating the Hawks outright.

     
     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 11:21 PM ET #5000

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Hang in there CG.
    Always time to start a new plan.

    Of course. But do you think theres a chance hed ever develop a plan that works and stick with it? Hell, he blames his family for his demise. Whats next?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Hang in there CG.
    Always time to start a new plan.

    Of course. But do you think theres a chance hed ever develop a plan that works and stick with it? Hell, he blames his family for his demise. Whats next?
    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 200201202 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,408
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 688
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,343
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,595
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,823
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,499
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,257
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,874
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,849
    • Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,884

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.