I mean whats wrong with winning $200-400 a day thats $100,000 a year and still protecting your bankroll.. betting $1000 a game is ridiculous with his bankroll
Do you have any idea what percentage he'd have to hit on $200-400 bets to reach $100,000? Cmon.
Quote Originally Posted by corey407woc:
I mean whats wrong with winning $200-400 a day thats $100,000 a year and still protecting your bankroll.. betting $1000 a game is ridiculous with his bankroll
Do you have any idea what percentage he'd have to hit on $200-400 bets to reach $100,000? Cmon.
Serious question in what will probably be a slight $hit storm: I noticed you have pretty much only made plays in power conferences in CBB. You seem to spend a lot of time capping....I haven't seen you make one play from a conference like the A-10, Conference USA, Horizon, etc., etc. Do you spend much time on those teams or do you just like to keep your focus in the power conferences?
I'm not trying to be a D when I say this but I really think he plays the power conferences because the games are almost always televised.
While other conferences are too, they are exponentially more broadcasted from the power conferences.
He may not even know it (I think he does though) but he's betting games that are pretty much guaranteed to be on TV so he can watch it at home.
It's a matter of convenience.
Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:
CG-
Serious question in what will probably be a slight $hit storm: I noticed you have pretty much only made plays in power conferences in CBB. You seem to spend a lot of time capping....I haven't seen you make one play from a conference like the A-10, Conference USA, Horizon, etc., etc. Do you spend much time on those teams or do you just like to keep your focus in the power conferences?
I'm not trying to be a D when I say this but I really think he plays the power conferences because the games are almost always televised.
While other conferences are too, they are exponentially more broadcasted from the power conferences.
He may not even know it (I think he does though) but he's betting games that are pretty much guaranteed to be on TV so he can watch it at home.
And CG, I couldn't care less about your bet size or your capping strategy....but you told yourself you were likely to be less successful (you obviously thought about this a lot before your company even arrived....you said, "I knew this was going to be a problem") and you plowed ahead anyway.
I would call this pretty much the equivalent of suicide long term (probably short term, too). It just shouldn't be in your vocabulary EVER.
I don't know if you're keeping a journal, but I'd strongly consider it if you are not. You might be surprised at what you learn about yourself and how much it might help.
Keep the chin up.
And CG, I couldn't care less about your bet size or your capping strategy....but you told yourself you were likely to be less successful (you obviously thought about this a lot before your company even arrived....you said, "I knew this was going to be a problem") and you plowed ahead anyway.
I would call this pretty much the equivalent of suicide long term (probably short term, too). It just shouldn't be in your vocabulary EVER.
I don't know if you're keeping a journal, but I'd strongly consider it if you are not. You might be surprised at what you learn about yourself and how much it might help.
Putting your math aside, the strategy of having to find 3 games per day to play, to reach 1100 plays for the year is absurd on every level. Every level.
Quote Originally Posted by corey407woc:
$330 a game, 3 games a day
Putting your math aside, the strategy of having to find 3 games per day to play, to reach 1100 plays for the year is absurd on every level. Every level.
Putting your math aside, the strategy of having to find 3 games per day to play, to reach 1100 plays for the year is absurd on every level. Every level.
why not choose 1 game then? its hypothetical
Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:
Putting your math aside, the strategy of having to find 3 games per day to play, to reach 1100 plays for the year is absurd on every level. Every level.
Putting your math aside, the strategy of having to find 3 games per day to play, to reach 1100 plays for the year is absurd on every level. Every level.
This goes back to the discussion about parameters of what makes a play a play. It's just not something most here can even talk about....it's just not something the average covers poster (I include myself in this) spends time thinking about.
Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:
Putting your math aside, the strategy of having to find 3 games per day to play, to reach 1100 plays for the year is absurd on every level. Every level.
This goes back to the discussion about parameters of what makes a play a play. It's just not something most here can even talk about....it's just not something the average covers poster (I include myself in this) spends time thinking about.
I was at a show with family. In this 0-5 run with them here sadly I watched only 10 minutes of a bet. The last 10 min of Florida game today. I guess I won't win a bet with them here.
I was at a show with family. In this 0-5 run with them here sadly I watched only 10 minutes of a bet. The last 10 min of Florida game today. I guess I won't win a bet with them here.