• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 114115116 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    cd329
    BWS77
    TheGoldenGoose
    collegegambler
    tdog25
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 114115116 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    cd329
    cd329
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 23763
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 7:55 PM ET #2826

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:


    cd, just like the stock market, past performance.......etc.

    NEVER said a person can cap 150 in 2 hours. And I don't think he stayed "up" all night. I'm sure he got tired eventually. But, I think he sticks to the Major conferences, does he not? Someone asked about MAC/CUSA or something, and he said as much. 

    After he found one game in the morning, had several more hours to come up with two games that tipoff @6:00 PST. Fewer games and more hours is what I'm seeing.............you mileage may vary.

    GLTA


    Hawk, truth is i would have made the same comments about banging the milf all night, even if he won his xavier bet.  True pros at their jobs focus on their job.  Also true pros dont cap for 2 hours and call it a day, they stay connected to watching numbers all day, looking for value to pop up.  The kid is a hot head and its becoming more clear as the days go.  He certainly doesnt have a ninja turtle shell thats for sure.

    I hope he makes a million dollars, i dont see it happening.  Vegas is going to swallow him up.  Its a party town
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:


    cd, just like the stock market, past performance.......etc.

    NEVER said a person can cap 150 in 2 hours. And I don't think he stayed "up" all night. I'm sure he got tired eventually. But, I think he sticks to the Major conferences, does he not? Someone asked about MAC/CUSA or something, and he said as much. 

    After he found one game in the morning, had several more hours to come up with two games that tipoff @6:00 PST. Fewer games and more hours is what I'm seeing.............you mileage may vary.

    GLTA


    Hawk, truth is i would have made the same comments about banging the milf all night, even if he won his xavier bet.  True pros at their jobs focus on their job.  Also true pros dont cap for 2 hours and call it a day, they stay connected to watching numbers all day, looking for value to pop up.  The kid is a hot head and its becoming more clear as the days go.  He certainly doesnt have a ninja turtle shell thats for sure.

    I hope he makes a million dollars, i dont see it happening.  Vegas is going to swallow him up.  Its a party town
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:02 PM ET #2827

    CG...  love the video,  fukk the guys who are bashing you, they are most likely jealous that you are able to do something they can only dream to do.    


    Reply
    CG...  love the video,  fukk the guys who are bashing you, they are most likely jealous that you are able to do something they can only dream to do.    


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:02 PM ET #2828

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    And Idk why they are jealous. I have been mostly humble and grounded, demonstrated a conservative, sound bankroll management system and am just doing what I love. Obviously today I am no longer humble or gracious but I have cracked and rightfully so with all the trolls. Goose u like I went $660/$600 on these two late plays?



    I do like it.

    You can still go 2-1 on the day and make money.

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    And Idk why they are jealous. I have been mostly humble and grounded, demonstrated a conservative, sound bankroll management system and am just doing what I love. Obviously today I am no longer humble or gracious but I have cracked and rightfully so with all the trolls. Goose u like I went $660/$600 on these two late plays?



    I do like it.

    You can still go 2-1 on the day and make money.

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:04 PM ET #2829

    That's why I played both at $660 my brother the GOOSE!
    Reply
    That's why I played both at $660 my brother the GOOSE!
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:07 PM ET #2830

    Bermax- love the spreadsheet can u please keep updating it. Will be fascinating for all to look back at it when I'm still here during football season and "the PRO" vanzack is out 5K with his buddy on his wager that I won't make it to football season. I respect Vanzack 100% I do. And like I mentioned plenty of times he's 100% entitled to his opinion he's gonna lose that bet tho just glad it's not $5500 as he was lucky and didn't lay the (-110) oh I'm sorry I forgot guys I'm an idiot for moving to the sports betting Mecca of the United States I should be living in some fuckked up country where I can get (-105) my bad....
    Reply
    Bermax- love the spreadsheet can u please keep updating it. Will be fascinating for all to look back at it when I'm still here during football season and "the PRO" vanzack is out 5K with his buddy on his wager that I won't make it to football season. I respect Vanzack 100% I do. And like I mentioned plenty of times he's 100% entitled to his opinion he's gonna lose that bet tho just glad it's not $5500 as he was lucky and didn't lay the (-110) oh I'm sorry I forgot guys I'm an idiot for moving to the sports betting Mecca of the United States I should be living in some fuckked up country where I can get (-105) my bad....
     
    tdog25
    tdog25
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 421
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:10 PM ET #2831

    I have disowned this mother fuker....He went off the deep end..>I think he's snorting.
    Reply
    I have disowned this mother fuker....He went off the deep end..>I think he's snorting.
     
    MikeMed
    MikeMed
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 4793
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:12 PM ET #2832

    Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:

    CG, you know I'm pulling for you but this is not a good sign, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the play you lost today. 

    You are WAYYY too emotional right now. If this is you after a couple weeks, I fear you may be in over your head here. Again, I hope I'm wrong but this is not a good sign. 

    Emotional how? As long as he does not change strategically in regards to capping he is not putting himself in greater risk financially.

    If dude wants to challenge other cappers that have been challenging him and calling HIM out every time THEY lose money that should be fine............One thing has nothing to do with the other.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:

    CG, you know I'm pulling for you but this is not a good sign, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the play you lost today. 

    You are WAYYY too emotional right now. If this is you after a couple weeks, I fear you may be in over your head here. Again, I hope I'm wrong but this is not a good sign. 

    Emotional how? As long as he does not change strategically in regards to capping he is not putting himself in greater risk financially.

    If dude wants to challenge other cappers that have been challenging him and calling HIM out every time THEY lose money that should be fine............One thing has nothing to do with the other.
     
    obamaloveshoops
    obamaloveshoops
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:13 PM ET #2833

    All Spurs are ready for a College sweep tonight
    Reply
    All Spurs are ready for a College sweep tonight
     
    Bermax
    Bermax
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 239
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:13 PM ET #2834

    Note about sample sizes, since that pops up in the comments frequently.

    To know with 95% certainty that someone hitting at 60% is actually a winning bettor (>52% long term) and that the record isn't due just to pure luck, you need a sample size of around 170 bets. If you can accept a 90% certainty 120 bets is adequate.

    CG's 95% confidence intervall is included in the sheet I've posted earlier (https://goo.gl/lfl5IT). It's currently at 47%-74%, meaning that his true long term hitting %age is somewhere in that domain with a certainty of 95%
    Reply
    Note about sample sizes, since that pops up in the comments frequently.

    To know with 95% certainty that someone hitting at 60% is actually a winning bettor (>52% long term) and that the record isn't due just to pure luck, you need a sample size of around 170 bets. If you can accept a 90% certainty 120 bets is adequate.

    CG's 95% confidence intervall is included in the sheet I've posted earlier (https://goo.gl/lfl5IT). It's currently at 47%-74%, meaning that his true long term hitting %age is somewhere in that domain with a certainty of 95%
     
    tdog25
    tdog25
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 421
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:13 PM ET #2835

    THIS IS AN EMOTIONAL MELT DOWN....IT ALL STARTED WITH THAT ASSHOLLEE SCAL WHO PUT THIS KID ON A BAD MOOD.HE'S SO JEALOUS THAT CG GETS PUSSSY
    Reply
    THIS IS AN EMOTIONAL MELT DOWN....IT ALL STARTED WITH THAT ASSHOLLEE SCAL WHO PUT THIS KID ON A BAD MOOD.HE'S SO JEALOUS THAT CG GETS PUSSSY
     
    MikeMed
    MikeMed
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 4793
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:14 PM ET #2836

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Some guys are so jealous of CG.

    It's ridiculous.

    What do you want from CG?

    He's hitting at 60%

    He never bets any more than 2% of his Bankroll.

    How is that a recipe for disaster???

    The K-U-N-T-S in this forum just like to push your buttons Nick.

    Reminds me of my ex-wife.

    Always trying to get under my skin.

    Ignore theses haters Nick.

    Well said GG
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Some guys are so jealous of CG.

    It's ridiculous.

    What do you want from CG?

    He's hitting at 60%

    He never bets any more than 2% of his Bankroll.

    How is that a recipe for disaster???

    The K-U-N-T-S in this forum just like to push your buttons Nick.

    Reminds me of my ex-wife.

    Always trying to get under my skin.

    Ignore theses haters Nick.

    Well said GG
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:15 PM ET #2837


    vanzack is one of the most intelligent posters on Covers.

    Much respect for vanzack.

    I miss Pinnacle and the -105 juice.  Miss TheGreek too.

    Lucky to be Grandfathered by Heritage where I can still get -108 juice.

    As long as you keep hitting the high 50's %, you won't have to worry about it CG.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    vanzack is one of the most intelligent posters on Covers.

    Much respect for vanzack.

    I miss Pinnacle and the -105 juice.  Miss TheGreek too.

    Lucky to be Grandfathered by Heritage where I can still get -108 juice.

    As long as you keep hitting the high 50's %, you won't have to worry about it CG.


     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:17 PM ET #2838

    43 minutes till GAMETIME.

    lets fuckking GOO

    Reply

    43 minutes till GAMETIME.

    lets fuckking GOO

     
    KennyWoo
    KennyWoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:18 PM ET #2839

    Quote Originally Posted by Bermax:

    Note about sample sizes, since that pops up in the comments frequently.

    To know with 95% certainty that someone hitting at 60% is actually a winning bettor (>52% long term) and that the record isn't due just to pure luck, you need a sample size of around 170 bets. If you can accept a 90% certainty 120 bets is adequate.

    CG's 95% confidence intervall is included in the sheet I've posted earlier (https://goo.gl/lfl5IT). It's currently at 47%-74%, meaning that his true long term hitting %age is somewhere in that domain with a certainty of 95%

    A truly helpful contribution to a thread devoid of them on most pages.

    Or, as a law professor of mine used to say, "finally, someone who knows something."

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermax:

    Note about sample sizes, since that pops up in the comments frequently.

    To know with 95% certainty that someone hitting at 60% is actually a winning bettor (>52% long term) and that the record isn't due just to pure luck, you need a sample size of around 170 bets. If you can accept a 90% certainty 120 bets is adequate.

    CG's 95% confidence intervall is included in the sheet I've posted earlier (https://goo.gl/lfl5IT). It's currently at 47%-74%, meaning that his true long term hitting %age is somewhere in that domain with a certainty of 95%

    A truly helpful contribution to a thread devoid of them on most pages.

    Or, as a law professor of mine used to say, "finally, someone who knows something."

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:18 PM ET #2840

    SPURS ON NBA TV

    UTAH UTES ON ESPN

     

    Reply

    SPURS ON NBA TV

    UTAH UTES ON ESPN

     

     
    KennyWoo
    KennyWoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:19 PM ET #2841

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    vanzack is one of the most intelligent posters on Covers.

    Much respect for vanzack.

    I miss Pinnacle and the -105 juice.  Miss TheGreek too.

    Lucky to be Grandfathered by Heritage where I can still get -108 juice.

    As long as you keep hitting the high 50's %, you won't have to worry about it CG.



    Matchbook was the greatest for my money.

    In fact, I haven't bet online since they closed.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    vanzack is one of the most intelligent posters on Covers.

    Much respect for vanzack.

    I miss Pinnacle and the -105 juice.  Miss TheGreek too.

    Lucky to be Grandfathered by Heritage where I can still get -108 juice.

    As long as you keep hitting the high 50's %, you won't have to worry about it CG.



    Matchbook was the greatest for my money.

    In fact, I haven't bet online since they closed.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:22 PM ET #2842

    Quote Originally Posted by Bermax:

    Note about sample sizes, since that pops up in the comments frequently.

    To know with 95% certainty that someone hitting at 60% is actually a winning bettor (>52% long term) and that the record isn't due just to pure luck, you need a sample size of around 170 bets. If you can accept a 90% certainty 120 bets is adequate.

    CG's 95% confidence interval is included in the sheet I've posted earlier (https://goo.gl/lfl5IT). It's currently at 47%-74%, meaning that his true long term hitting %age is somewhere in that domain

    with a certainty of 95%



    That's why CG is going to be in that 5% who can truly say they make a living at Sports Betting.  Love the sheets Bermax, nice contribution to the Thread.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermax:

    Note about sample sizes, since that pops up in the comments frequently.

    To know with 95% certainty that someone hitting at 60% is actually a winning bettor (>52% long term) and that the record isn't due just to pure luck, you need a sample size of around 170 bets. If you can accept a 90% certainty 120 bets is adequate.

    CG's 95% confidence interval is included in the sheet I've posted earlier (https://goo.gl/lfl5IT). It's currently at 47%-74%, meaning that his true long term hitting %age is somewhere in that domain

    with a certainty of 95%



    That's why CG is going to be in that 5% who can truly say they make a living at Sports Betting.  Love the sheets Bermax, nice contribution to the Thread.


     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:22 PM ET #2843

    Quote Originally Posted by Bermax:

    Note about sample sizes, since that pops up in the comments frequently.

    To know with 95% certainty that someone hitting at 60% is actually a winning bettor (>52% long term) and that the record isn't due just to pure luck, you need a sample size of around 170 bets. If you can accept a 90% certainty 120 bets is adequate.

    CG's 95% confidence intervall is included in the sheet I've posted earlier (https://goo.gl/lfl5IT). It's currently at 47%-74%, meaning that his true long term hitting %age is somewhere in that domain with a certainty of 95%

    ur a great contributor and thank u again for u spreadsheet sir

    140 college foot bets, 120 nfl bets, and 46 pro bets on hoops which isn't even my strongest sport

    over 300 bets and right at 60%

    but no sample size right scal?

    obviously I have to prove it out here too but 46 bets in I have and just wait till football season

    baseball will be interesting I will admit.... my GREAT discipline now tho and if I don't have horrid luck like last year (not sure it could be worse than last year)

    I was losing games where I had the home team and bases loaded in the bottom of ninth, tie GAME and NO OUTS and I would still lose.

    Toronto at the Rays late in the year sticks out to me still

    0-0 bottom nine I have the rays bases loaded no outs and I don't score and then the pathetic .220 hitting, .270 on base COLBY RASMUS hits a solo job to lead to the 1-0 BLOWJAYS win

    I had about 30 -40 of those games last baseball season and still picked 20 games over .500

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermax:

    Note about sample sizes, since that pops up in the comments frequently.

    To know with 95% certainty that someone hitting at 60% is actually a winning bettor (>52% long term) and that the record isn't due just to pure luck, you need a sample size of around 170 bets. If you can accept a 90% certainty 120 bets is adequate.

    CG's 95% confidence intervall is included in the sheet I've posted earlier (https://goo.gl/lfl5IT). It's currently at 47%-74%, meaning that his true long term hitting %age is somewhere in that domain with a certainty of 95%

    ur a great contributor and thank u again for u spreadsheet sir

    140 college foot bets, 120 nfl bets, and 46 pro bets on hoops which isn't even my strongest sport

    over 300 bets and right at 60%

    but no sample size right scal?

    obviously I have to prove it out here too but 46 bets in I have and just wait till football season

    baseball will be interesting I will admit.... my GREAT discipline now tho and if I don't have horrid luck like last year (not sure it could be worse than last year)

    I was losing games where I had the home team and bases loaded in the bottom of ninth, tie GAME and NO OUTS and I would still lose.

    Toronto at the Rays late in the year sticks out to me still

    0-0 bottom nine I have the rays bases loaded no outs and I don't score and then the pathetic .220 hitting, .270 on base COLBY RASMUS hits a solo job to lead to the 1-0 BLOWJAYS win

    I had about 30 -40 of those games last baseball season and still picked 20 games over .500

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:24 PM ET #2844

    CG..I'm one of the guys on your side man..

    Just sayin,tonight blow off the titty bar and blowing a few hundred..Get that Uber to the RR and watch the games at the sportsbook or whatever book you put the bets in.Did you get any drink tix for these bets you've been making?? And even use them once? Comped garbage lowers that vig a degree..

    I'd just hang there and I got a feeling being around some people rooting for the same side as you would be cool..instead of getting pissed off home alone at the asswipes taking shots at your new job..

    darn,I'd be talking to every bartender I could for local info as you are still green out there..Learn some basic Video Poker skills..a few $20's ain't gonna kill ya..Make some contacts,friends..

    Best wishes

    Reply

    CG..I'm one of the guys on your side man..

    Just sayin,tonight blow off the titty bar and blowing a few hundred..Get that Uber to the RR and watch the games at the sportsbook or whatever book you put the bets in.Did you get any drink tix for these bets you've been making?? And even use them once? Comped garbage lowers that vig a degree..

    I'd just hang there and I got a feeling being around some people rooting for the same side as you would be cool..instead of getting pissed off home alone at the asswipes taking shots at your new job..

    darn,I'd be talking to every bartender I could for local info as you are still green out there..Learn some basic Video Poker skills..a few $20's ain't gonna kill ya..Make some contacts,friends..

    Best wishes

     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3021
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:25 PM ET #2845

    Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:

    CG, you know I'm pulling for you but this is not a good sign, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the play you lost today. 

    You are WAYYY too emotional right now. If this is you after a couple weeks, I fear you may be in over your head here. Again, I hope I'm wrong but this is not a good sign. 

    +1 to this.

    Being on covers may not be the best idea either. When things are going great, all is great in this thread, but as things progress, the trolls will continue to come out of the woodwork.

    You got a lot of great advice already from people who can help you make this thing work, so covers is not very necessary at this point.

    Scal may be prodding you, but he has quite a few good points.

     Good luck though either way, you've got some serious stones for even trying this.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:

    CG, you know I'm pulling for you but this is not a good sign, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the play you lost today. 

    You are WAYYY too emotional right now. If this is you after a couple weeks, I fear you may be in over your head here. Again, I hope I'm wrong but this is not a good sign. 

    +1 to this.

    Being on covers may not be the best idea either. When things are going great, all is great in this thread, but as things progress, the trolls will continue to come out of the woodwork.

    You got a lot of great advice already from people who can help you make this thing work, so covers is not very necessary at this point.

    Scal may be prodding you, but he has quite a few good points.

     Good luck though either way, you've got some serious stones for even trying this.

     

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:25 PM ET #2846

    with that all said I always talk in facts and I am SLUMPING some in college basketball but on FIRE in NBA 8-2 in pro career

    and by slumping in college hoops im still 3 games over .500 at 19-6

    but considering I started 4-0 I am SLUMPING since then

    once again FACTS

    I mean I lose a K play on iowa state and immediately make a video saying "first K play LOSER"

    how can ppl not appreciate me showing up win or lose or my 100% honesty is what I really don't understand....

    Reply

    with that all said I always talk in facts and I am SLUMPING some in college basketball but on FIRE in NBA 8-2 in pro career

    and by slumping in college hoops im still 3 games over .500 at 19-6

    but considering I started 4-0 I am SLUMPING since then

    once again FACTS

    I mean I lose a K play on iowa state and immediately make a video saying "first K play LOSER"

    how can ppl not appreciate me showing up win or lose or my 100% honesty is what I really don't understand....

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:26 PM ET #2847

    Quote Originally Posted by tdog25:

    I have disowned this mother fuker....He went off the deep end..>I think he's snorting.

    I get the feeling Tb*tch doesn't love you anymore......sad
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tdog25:

    I have disowned this mother fuker....He went off the deep end..>I think he's snorting.

    I get the feeling Tb*tch doesn't love you anymore......sad
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:28 PM ET #2848

    I love covers tho I truly do... 

    I love sharing my journey with all of u bc I know so many ppl wonder or in there mind "know how this will end"

    I am confident in myself and simply want my plays to prove so many of u wrong

    u cant be great without believing in yourself.  when someone tells me I cant do something then I use all my power to prove them wrong, and the fact that I absolutely love this industry just thrives me more

    Reply

    I love covers tho I truly do... 

    I love sharing my journey with all of u bc I know so many ppl wonder or in there mind "know how this will end"

    I am confident in myself and simply want my plays to prove so many of u wrong

    u cant be great without believing in yourself.  when someone tells me I cant do something then I use all my power to prove them wrong, and the fact that I absolutely love this industry just thrives me more

     
    mjalam81
    mjalam81
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:28 PM ET #2849

    CG, it's a public forum let them talk, it's been happening since before you moved out there.  From what I've seen, you know what you're doing, so keep it up!  I'll be watching the late games and pulling for you.

    Best of luck!
    Reply
    CG, it's a public forum let them talk, it's been happening since before you moved out there.  From what I've seen, you know what you're doing, so keep it up!  I'll be watching the late games and pulling for you.

    Best of luck!
     
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 8:29 PM ET #2850

    haha HAWK I think ill survive

    3,6,13 theory fellas!! just go pro and follow jerkofff tdogs pathetic theory

    Reply

    haha HAWK I think ill survive

    3,6,13 theory fellas!! just go pro and follow jerkofff tdogs pathetic theory

    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 114115116 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,678
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,374
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 683
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,054
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,301
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,236
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,802
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,467
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,138
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 12,867

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.