I follow the greats on here and don’t normally post my plays but I like this one
My opinion, the line is very attractive here.
Rybakina has the weight lifted after winning the last match to become the world number one. That’s done.
She beat a red-hot Zheng who people seem to forget was a gold medal winner and clearly getting back to form. Before that it was a red-hot Osaka, another Grand Slam champion.
Coco beat Andreeva, who she owns. I’ll take more than a chance here putting five units on Rybakina.
Not to mention Coco’s lack of serve in the last match is concerning.
obviously follow at your own risk but I really like Rybakina’s chances.
BOL
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I follow the greats on here and don’t normally post my plays but I like this one
My opinion, the line is very attractive here.
Rybakina has the weight lifted after winning the last match to become the world number one. That’s done.
She beat a red-hot Zheng who people seem to forget was a gold medal winner and clearly getting back to form. Before that it was a red-hot Osaka, another Grand Slam champion.
Coco beat Andreeva, who she owns. I’ll take more than a chance here putting five units on Rybakina.
Not to mention Coco’s lack of serve in the last match is concerning.
obviously follow at your own risk but I really like Rybakina’s chances.
completely agree, but I guess my concern is how she served the last match. Does that carryover against an elite opponent. I guess only time will tell! thanks for the input
completely agree, but I guess my concern is how she served the last match. Does that carryover against an elite opponent. I guess only time will tell! thanks for the input
I'd be more concerned about the serving if it hadn't been consistently improving the last 6 months, I don't think 1 match or 1 bad day is going to make her regress back to the pre-Gavin days.
The pressure is off of Rybakina becoming #1 does that make her relax and swing more freely or does it make not have that little extra grit to win? We'll see tonight! No matter who wins I think this match is gonna be a win for the people watching.
I'd be more concerned about the serving if it hadn't been consistently improving the last 6 months, I don't think 1 match or 1 bad day is going to make her regress back to the pre-Gavin days.
The pressure is off of Rybakina becoming #1 does that make her relax and swing more freely or does it make not have that little extra grit to win? We'll see tonight! No matter who wins I think this match is gonna be a win for the people watching.
Agreed Ryb takes this. Great writeup I think you nailed it all the way around. I agree her coming back to beat Zheng was way more impressive then anything coco has done all tournament.
Andreeva missed some easy easy points to let coco off the hook. That was her match and she blew it more then Coco won it. I mean kudos to goff for fighting and not giving up but still.
I also think that alot of the Pegula bets will be chasing on Goff thinking at least one American reaches the final. Not so fast, I think the Finals storyline will be the new no 1 vs the old no 1 that just switched. Whose the true no 1?
Agreed Ryb takes this. Great writeup I think you nailed it all the way around. I agree her coming back to beat Zheng was way more impressive then anything coco has done all tournament.
Andreeva missed some easy easy points to let coco off the hook. That was her match and she blew it more then Coco won it. I mean kudos to goff for fighting and not giving up but still.
I also think that alot of the Pegula bets will be chasing on Goff thinking at least one American reaches the final. Not so fast, I think the Finals storyline will be the new no 1 vs the old no 1 that just switched. Whose the true no 1?
I like Elena as well tomorrow. I don’t think she played that well last night and still beat Coco. She had almost 40 unforced errors and the crowd completely against her. Would love to see her get her first at the Open!
@FanAmp
I like Elena as well tomorrow. I don’t think she played that well last night and still beat Coco. She had almost 40 unforced errors and the crowd completely against her. Would love to see her get her first at the Open!