Pittsburgh at Arizona (02/01/2009)
does anybody see this game as being similiar to the Raiders Buccs Superbowl....
Raiders had a young fresh qb.... Rich Gannon (notice the sarcasm) who had an mvp season.... they had the best wideout of all time (Jerry Rice even though he was passed his prime)... they had another good wideout to compliment him, (Porter)... and a decent running back (forgot his name).... but a HIGH powered offense that put up numbers the whole season....
against a team that didn't really have a great offense.... but relied on their defense to create turnovers and force Gannon side-arm into mistakes..... and just played controled football and beat up on the Raiders lol... actually that superbowl loss was the downfall of that team.... they still havn't recovered from it....
I see a similiar type game....
Steelers have gameplaned against Peyton Manning throughout the years, and have come thru against them in the post-season.... I dont' see much of a difference here.....
wasn't it cool watching that trick play with Fitz against the Eagles.... did anyone have a flashback to when Big Ben did that against Seattle in the Superbowl....
that's all Wisenhunt.... even though I think having a former coach going against his former team is a big edge, Warner will fuck it up lol....
Steelers Roll
GL TO ALL
Good Call. I think this Superbowl looks a lot like that one. That running back for the Raiders was Charlie Garner.
Another thing that everyone has failed to talk about is the fan turnout. Pittsburgh travels better than any team in the NFL. Even when they're on the road most times the crowd is split 60-40 or even 50-50. The last time I heard the Steelers turnout was at about a 3-1 advantage. By kickoff they expect that to be a 4-1 or 5-1 advantage in favor of the Steelers. This could easily look like a home game for the Steelers much like the last Superbowl in Detroit was for them.
does anybody see this game as being similiar to the Raiders Buccs Superbowl....
Raiders had a young fresh qb.... Rich Gannon (notice the sarcasm) who had an mvp season.... they had the best wideout of all time (Jerry Rice even though he was passed his prime)... they had another good wideout to compliment him, (Porter)... and a decent running back (forgot his name).... but a HIGH powered offense that put up numbers the whole season....
against a team that didn't really have a great offense.... but relied on their defense to create turnovers and force Gannon side-arm into mistakes..... and just played controled football and beat up on the Raiders lol... actually that superbowl loss was the downfall of that team.... they still havn't recovered from it....
I see a similiar type game....
Steelers have gameplaned against Peyton Manning throughout the years, and have come thru against them in the post-season.... I dont' see much of a difference here.....
wasn't it cool watching that trick play with Fitz against the Eagles.... did anyone have a flashback to when Big Ben did that against Seattle in the Superbowl....
that's all Wisenhunt.... even though I think having a former coach going against his former team is a big edge, Warner will fuck it up lol....
Steelers Roll
GL TO ALL
Good Call. I think this Superbowl looks a lot like that one. That running back for the Raiders was Charlie Garner.
Another thing that everyone has failed to talk about is the fan turnout. Pittsburgh travels better than any team in the NFL. Even when they're on the road most times the crowd is split 60-40 or even 50-50. The last time I heard the Steelers turnout was at about a 3-1 advantage. By kickoff they expect that to be a 4-1 or 5-1 advantage in favor of the Steelers. This could easily look like a home game for the Steelers much like the last Superbowl in Detroit was for them.
I currently switched from Sportsbook to the Greek.
The greek had suggested that I use a bank credit card, it’s a pay as you go credit card, Which I though was pretty good. Until recently I tried to make a deposit into my bank card and the money was not credited to my account. bank had said that I had a negative balance and they took it out of the money I had just deposited. bank was blaming the Greek for making a force transaction and not collecting on a transaction from the previous week. The Greek said they would not make a transaction without the customer’s request.
After about 2 hours of going back and forth calling each company. I was finally told by the Greek that they can do nothing about it. Each one was blaming the other. The Greek finally called it a Glich! bank says that it will take 7 days and the Greek say it can take up to 30 days for bank to credit my card. They wasted a lot of my time and they could not help me.
Right now I have to wait for bank to release my funds so I cannot wager on the superbowl. The Greek is the most uncaring company that I have ever done business with they could care less about any of their customers. They don’t care about the bad press. I’m telling my friend not to use them and to cancel their accounts.
Figure I would share my unpleasant experiences at the Greek. A+ my ass!!!
DO NOT USE THE GREEK or bank!!!!
I currently switched from Sportsbook to the Greek.
The greek had suggested that I use a bank credit card, it’s a pay as you go credit card, Which I though was pretty good. Until recently I tried to make a deposit into my bank card and the money was not credited to my account. bank had said that I had a negative balance and they took it out of the money I had just deposited. bank was blaming the Greek for making a force transaction and not collecting on a transaction from the previous week. The Greek said they would not make a transaction without the customer’s request.
After about 2 hours of going back and forth calling each company. I was finally told by the Greek that they can do nothing about it. Each one was blaming the other. The Greek finally called it a Glich! bank says that it will take 7 days and the Greek say it can take up to 30 days for bank to credit my card. They wasted a lot of my time and they could not help me.
Right now I have to wait for bank to release my funds so I cannot wager on the superbowl. The Greek is the most uncaring company that I have ever done business with they could care less about any of their customers. They don’t care about the bad press. I’m telling my friend not to use them and to cancel their accounts.
Figure I would share my unpleasant experiences at the Greek. A+ my ass!!!
DO NOT USE THE GREEK or bank!!!!
Love it. I took under 47 right when it came out also because I think AZ is playing some solid D right now, Hines is banged up, Pitt gives up sacks, Pitt's D is remarkable and I think a 21-17 score sounds about right for this one.
GL
Love it. I took under 47 right when it came out also because I think AZ is playing some solid D right now, Hines is banged up, Pitt gives up sacks, Pitt's D is remarkable and I think a 21-17 score sounds about right for this one.
GL
If you think Edgerin James and Hightower are going to run on the Steelers you are crazy! AZ couldn't score 42 in two games against Pittsburgh!
If you think Edgerin James and Hightower are going to run on the Steelers you are crazy! AZ couldn't score 42 in two games against Pittsburgh!
Final score
31-28,.-24 PItt wins.....AZ will atleast score 21...C'mon SD chargers scored 24 on them. Balt scored 14 against pitts D and their offense isn't as good as AZ. AZ has better offense then SD and BALt and better defense then san diego....NO WAY AZ will only score just 14. So if you give az 21 that is alot of pts PITT has to put up in order to cover
AZ -7 OVER 37
Final score
31-28,.-24 PItt wins.....AZ will atleast score 21...C'mon SD chargers scored 24 on them. Balt scored 14 against pitts D and their offense isn't as good as AZ. AZ has better offense then SD and BALt and better defense then san diego....NO WAY AZ will only score just 14. So if you give az 21 that is alot of pts PITT has to put up in order to cover
AZ -7 OVER 37
does anybody see this game as being similiar to the Raiders Buccs Superbowl....
Raiders had a young fresh qb.... Rich Gannon (notice the sarcasm) who had an mvp season.... they had the best wideout of all time (Jerry Rice even though he was passed his prime)... they had another good wideout to compliment him, (Porter)... and a decent running back (forgot his name).... but a HIGH powered offense that put up numbers the whole season....
against a team that didn't really have a great offense.... but relied on their defense to create turnovers and force Gannon side-arm into mistakes..... and just played controled football and beat up on the Raiders lol... actually that superbowl loss was the downfall of that team.... they still havn't recovered from it....
I see a similiar type game....
Steelers have gameplaned against Peyton Manning throughout the years, and have come thru against them in the post-season.... I dont' see much of a difference here.....
wasn't it cool watching that trick play with Fitz against the Eagles.... did anyone have a flashback to when Big Ben did that against Seattle in the Superbowl....
that's all Wisenhunt.... even though I think having a former coach going against his former team is a big edge, Warner will fuck it up lol....
does anybody see this game as being similiar to the Raiders Buccs Superbowl....
Raiders had a young fresh qb.... Rich Gannon (notice the sarcasm) who had an mvp season.... they had the best wideout of all time (Jerry Rice even though he was passed his prime)... they had another good wideout to compliment him, (Porter)... and a decent running back (forgot his name).... but a HIGH powered offense that put up numbers the whole season....
against a team that didn't really have a great offense.... but relied on their defense to create turnovers and force Gannon side-arm into mistakes..... and just played controled football and beat up on the Raiders lol... actually that superbowl loss was the downfall of that team.... they still havn't recovered from it....
I see a similiar type game....
Steelers have gameplaned against Peyton Manning throughout the years, and have come thru against them in the post-season.... I dont' see much of a difference here.....
wasn't it cool watching that trick play with Fitz against the Eagles.... did anyone have a flashback to when Big Ben did that against Seattle in the Superbowl....
that's all Wisenhunt.... even though I think having a former coach going against his former team is a big edge, Warner will fuck it up lol....
Steelers Roll
GL TO ALL
Excellent point....as always. There is just one lil element missing or to add to this logic. Tampa V Raiders in Jan 2003 was more than great D v Great Offense. I don't know if you remember, but the day after the SB win for Tampa it was revealed that Jon Gruden played the role of Gannon during Tampa's practices. Also, Oakland's coach at the time (Bill Callahan, may you rot in coaching hell you bastard for fucking up Nebraska, and I'm an OU fan and I'm still pissed at that) didn't take the time to change the signals....probably because he didn't think he would be facing Jon Gruden in the SB just 1 season removed from Gruden leaving Oakland. Basically not only did Tampa have a dominant D, but they had the added bonus of knowing alot about Oakland's qb count. the Tampa Dline basically knew when the snap was going to occur.
There is an errie similarity with Grimes and Whisenhunt both cumming from Pitt. maybe AZ has the advantage with not one, but 2 former assistants (and who is to say Ken Whisenhunt isn't going to proven to be a better coach than Mike Tomlin? I would take him over Tomlin myself) going against their old team in the SB just what 2 years after they left. I have a feeling this game is going to make Pitt backers very very nervous. Personally, I think this is one of the hardest SBs to handicap in a long time. I thought all of the New England SBs were pretty easy to handicap. I knew New England could cover +17 (I still can't believe they were big time dogs in that game) against St. Louis in Jan 2002. also, I knew there was know way the Giants were getting blown out +14. Slap yourself for the dumbass you are/WERE if you bet NE -14 against NY last SB.
Basically, don't be shocked if Arizona just straight up wins. again, too many people both credible and otherwise are picking AZ.
does anybody see this game as being similiar to the Raiders Buccs Superbowl....
Raiders had a young fresh qb.... Rich Gannon (notice the sarcasm) who had an mvp season.... they had the best wideout of all time (Jerry Rice even though he was passed his prime)... they had another good wideout to compliment him, (Porter)... and a decent running back (forgot his name).... but a HIGH powered offense that put up numbers the whole season....
against a team that didn't really have a great offense.... but relied on their defense to create turnovers and force Gannon side-arm into mistakes..... and just played controled football and beat up on the Raiders lol... actually that superbowl loss was the downfall of that team.... they still havn't recovered from it....
I see a similiar type game....
Steelers have gameplaned against Peyton Manning throughout the years, and have come thru against them in the post-season.... I dont' see much of a difference here.....
wasn't it cool watching that trick play with Fitz against the Eagles.... did anyone have a flashback to when Big Ben did that against Seattle in the Superbowl....
that's all Wisenhunt.... even though I think having a former coach going against his former team is a big edge, Warner will fuck it up lol....
does anybody see this game as being similiar to the Raiders Buccs Superbowl....
Raiders had a young fresh qb.... Rich Gannon (notice the sarcasm) who had an mvp season.... they had the best wideout of all time (Jerry Rice even though he was passed his prime)... they had another good wideout to compliment him, (Porter)... and a decent running back (forgot his name).... but a HIGH powered offense that put up numbers the whole season....
against a team that didn't really have a great offense.... but relied on their defense to create turnovers and force Gannon side-arm into mistakes..... and just played controled football and beat up on the Raiders lol... actually that superbowl loss was the downfall of that team.... they still havn't recovered from it....
I see a similiar type game....
Steelers have gameplaned against Peyton Manning throughout the years, and have come thru against them in the post-season.... I dont' see much of a difference here.....
wasn't it cool watching that trick play with Fitz against the Eagles.... did anyone have a flashback to when Big Ben did that against Seattle in the Superbowl....
that's all Wisenhunt.... even though I think having a former coach going against his former team is a big edge, Warner will fuck it up lol....
Steelers Roll
GL TO ALL
Excellent point....as always. There is just one lil element missing or to add to this logic. Tampa V Raiders in Jan 2003 was more than great D v Great Offense. I don't know if you remember, but the day after the SB win for Tampa it was revealed that Jon Gruden played the role of Gannon during Tampa's practices. Also, Oakland's coach at the time (Bill Callahan, may you rot in coaching hell you bastard for fucking up Nebraska, and I'm an OU fan and I'm still pissed at that) didn't take the time to change the signals....probably because he didn't think he would be facing Jon Gruden in the SB just 1 season removed from Gruden leaving Oakland. Basically not only did Tampa have a dominant D, but they had the added bonus of knowing alot about Oakland's qb count. the Tampa Dline basically knew when the snap was going to occur.
There is an errie similarity with Grimes and Whisenhunt both cumming from Pitt. maybe AZ has the advantage with not one, but 2 former assistants (and who is to say Ken Whisenhunt isn't going to proven to be a better coach than Mike Tomlin? I would take him over Tomlin myself) going against their old team in the SB just what 2 years after they left. I have a feeling this game is going to make Pitt backers very very nervous. Personally, I think this is one of the hardest SBs to handicap in a long time. I thought all of the New England SBs were pretty easy to handicap. I knew New England could cover +17 (I still can't believe they were big time dogs in that game) against St. Louis in Jan 2002. also, I knew there was know way the Giants were getting blown out +14. Slap yourself for the dumbass you are/WERE if you bet NE -14 against NY last SB.
Basically, don't be shocked if Arizona just straight up wins. again, too many people both credible and otherwise are picking AZ.
SD chargers scored 24 against pitt during the playoffs i am sure AZ can score that much or even more...regular season AZ ranked fourth in offense SD was 11th. AZ ranked 18th during regular season on defense but their defense seems to be getting somewhat stronger.
Final score
31-28,.-24 PItt wins.....AZ will atleast score 21...C'mon SD chargers scored 24 on them. Balt scored 14 against pitts D and their offense isn't as good as AZ. AZ has better offense then SD and BALt and better defense then san diego....NO WAY AZ will only score just 14. So if you give az 21 that is alot of pts PITT has to put up in order to cover
AZ -7 OVER 37
If your logic for betting this game is that San Diego put up 24 on Pittsburgh so Arizona should put up more I'll counter that by saying Pittsburgh put up 23 on the Ravens. Baltimore had the #2 defense and Arizona has 18th. If Pittsburgh can put up 23 on Baltimore just think what they can do to Arizona. Pittsburgh also left 10 pts on the board when they blew a chance at a field goal before the half and when Limas Sweed dropped a perfectly thrown td pass from Roethlisberger. Or I'll say New England beat Arizona 47-7 and Pittsburgh beat New England 33-10 so they should be able to beat Arizona by at least 30. Dumbest explanation for why you like Arizona ever. Pittsburgh has already faced 2 of the top 5 offenses in the league this year (Houston #3 and New England #5). Do you know how many points they let up in those games? 17 to Houston and 10 to New England. That's an average of 13.5 points a game. They've also faced 2 of the top 5 scoring offenses (San Diego #2 twice and NY Giants tied for #3 with Arizona). Do you know how many points they let up in those games. 10 and 24 to San Diego and 21 to the Giants. That's an average of 18.3 points per game.
dddevin69 the assistant coaches name is Grimm not Grimes. And Pittsburgh has changed the playbook since Whisenhunt and Grimm left. Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and Ben changed the playbook last season. Arians said that the playbook hadn't been changed since Cowher was first hired and Chan Gailey was offensive coordinator. They just kept adding to it every year. So he and Ben went back through it and took out what they didn't like and added more stuff to it. If you notice the last two seasons the Steelers have gotten away from the run and have started to throw the ball much more than when Whisenhunt was there.
chuher Chicago was not the best defense that year. In fact they were #5. The top four were Baltimore, Jacksonville, Oakland and Miami. And Pittsburgh's #1 defense this year is much better than Baltimore's #1 defense was that year. Kind of like Indy's offense was better that year than Arizona's is this year. And Indy was favored in that Superbowl, not Chicago. Plus Pittsburgh won't have Rex Grossman out there at QB and Kurt Warner is no Peyton Manning. So that's really just a bad comparison.
SD chargers scored 24 against pitt during the playoffs i am sure AZ can score that much or even more...regular season AZ ranked fourth in offense SD was 11th. AZ ranked 18th during regular season on defense but their defense seems to be getting somewhat stronger.
Final score
31-28,.-24 PItt wins.....AZ will atleast score 21...C'mon SD chargers scored 24 on them. Balt scored 14 against pitts D and their offense isn't as good as AZ. AZ has better offense then SD and BALt and better defense then san diego....NO WAY AZ will only score just 14. So if you give az 21 that is alot of pts PITT has to put up in order to cover
AZ -7 OVER 37
If your logic for betting this game is that San Diego put up 24 on Pittsburgh so Arizona should put up more I'll counter that by saying Pittsburgh put up 23 on the Ravens. Baltimore had the #2 defense and Arizona has 18th. If Pittsburgh can put up 23 on Baltimore just think what they can do to Arizona. Pittsburgh also left 10 pts on the board when they blew a chance at a field goal before the half and when Limas Sweed dropped a perfectly thrown td pass from Roethlisberger. Or I'll say New England beat Arizona 47-7 and Pittsburgh beat New England 33-10 so they should be able to beat Arizona by at least 30. Dumbest explanation for why you like Arizona ever. Pittsburgh has already faced 2 of the top 5 offenses in the league this year (Houston #3 and New England #5). Do you know how many points they let up in those games? 17 to Houston and 10 to New England. That's an average of 13.5 points a game. They've also faced 2 of the top 5 scoring offenses (San Diego #2 twice and NY Giants tied for #3 with Arizona). Do you know how many points they let up in those games. 10 and 24 to San Diego and 21 to the Giants. That's an average of 18.3 points per game.
dddevin69 the assistant coaches name is Grimm not Grimes. And Pittsburgh has changed the playbook since Whisenhunt and Grimm left. Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and Ben changed the playbook last season. Arians said that the playbook hadn't been changed since Cowher was first hired and Chan Gailey was offensive coordinator. They just kept adding to it every year. So he and Ben went back through it and took out what they didn't like and added more stuff to it. If you notice the last two seasons the Steelers have gotten away from the run and have started to throw the ball much more than when Whisenhunt was there.
chuher Chicago was not the best defense that year. In fact they were #5. The top four were Baltimore, Jacksonville, Oakland and Miami. And Pittsburgh's #1 defense this year is much better than Baltimore's #1 defense was that year. Kind of like Indy's offense was better that year than Arizona's is this year. And Indy was favored in that Superbowl, not Chicago. Plus Pittsburgh won't have Rex Grossman out there at QB and Kurt Warner is no Peyton Manning. So that's really just a bad comparison.
Hot Forum Topics
- Claiming Prizes 57,608
- Sunday 09/27/2026 498
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,088
- Sunday 3,112
- NFL LOCKED IN! 101,895
- NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,507
- ***Macwesties * Thur. * Sun. Sept. 24, 27, 2026 * Week #3 * NFL Football Plays* 8,727
- NFL Sunday 7,039
- Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,104
- King of Covers Winner List 12,240
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
