• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Pro Football

    Dallas at Arizona (10/12/2008)

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    hoopsprof
    kireiricky
    adsitar
    Henry-Lilly
    blstuart
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4885
    Posts: 137
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    hoopsprof
    hoopsprof
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 887
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 5:02 PM ET #26

    I am a cards fan (yes it has been a tough life).  Everyone knows about Dallas, but lets look into the cards with a bit more depth...
     
    Cards were 8-8 last year losing many close winnable games.  If they would have just taken care of business against SF last year, they make the playoffs and win their division.
     
    The cards O-line is the best they have had in many years there.  Pass protection has been very good for the most part.  Although you cannot tell by the numbers, the run game is much improved.  Edge and co. used to get hit behind the line of scrimmage before they had a chance to make a cut.  This year the rb's are getting to the 2nd level with much more consistancy.  Edge and hightower do not have breakaway speed which is why the ypc is a bit down.  However they did grind it out at SF in game one. 
     
    The cards have one of the best passing offenses in the league and did last year as well.  Warner gets in trouble for two reasons: either he is pressured, or he has too much time to pass.  After 5-6 seconds warner tries to thread the needle too much and needs to throw it away.  Warner can be 60 in a wheelchair and still throw the ball 50 yards on point.  Dallas' defense has been shaky the past couple of weeks.  They have have hardly blitzed and are not changing up their defense, mostly just playing man and trying to keep everything in front of them.  If this continues, warner will carve em up. 
     
    The cards have beaten themselves this year.  Penalties continue to be a problem just like last year, but they play much better at home.  They could very easily be undefeated too.
     
    Against the skins, they were up by 3 in the fourth quarter, and warner had a ball bounce of the defenders helmet and turned into an interception.  If breaston catches that ball, that possession could have ended in a td and a cards W.
     
    Against the Jets, the cards should have had 10-14 points off their first 2 possessions.  A bad fumble and sac by warner, followed by a boldin catch and fumble took points off the board.  The next series rackers misses the fg.  Warner is going to have a couple bad games during the season fumbling the ball.  It is the good and bad with him.  If warner didnt keep turning the ball over and giving the Jets great field position, they might not have lost.  Jets could NOT stop AZ in the 2nd half.  If the cards get the 2nd onside kick, they would have only been down 1 score and the entire game changes at that point.  The cards D was pretty bad that game, but short field position will do that to you.  They were also not on the same page. 
     
    Someone mentioned that this will be practically a home game for Dallas.  The cards did not see any single game tix to this game.  You had to buy an additional home game in order to buy the Dallas game to help offset the usually large Dallas crowd there. 
     
    Romo who usually kills in the beginning of the season has been a little shaky and does not always play good in big games (see playoffs).  This will have a playoff feel to it Sunday.  You never know which TO is going to show up.  Jerry Jones is on the field and nobody has confidence in Wade (soon to be fired after the season) Phillips.  Dallas' offensive playcalling has been inconsistant lately as well.  This is the biggest rivalry for AZ, but not for Dallas.
     
    All in all the game could go either way, but I do not think Dallas will cover in AZ.  Plus you know the public will be pounding Dallas as most people do not know that AZ is not the same team as years past.  I will wait for it to get up to 7 and then pound the side and ML.. BOL to all
    Reply
    I am a cards fan (yes it has been a tough life).  Everyone knows about Dallas, but lets look into the cards with a bit more depth...
     
    Cards were 8-8 last year losing many close winnable games.  If they would have just taken care of business against SF last year, they make the playoffs and win their division.
     
    The cards O-line is the best they have had in many years there.  Pass protection has been very good for the most part.  Although you cannot tell by the numbers, the run game is much improved.  Edge and co. used to get hit behind the line of scrimmage before they had a chance to make a cut.  This year the rb's are getting to the 2nd level with much more consistancy.  Edge and hightower do not have breakaway speed which is why the ypc is a bit down.  However they did grind it out at SF in game one. 
     
    The cards have one of the best passing offenses in the league and did last year as well.  Warner gets in trouble for two reasons: either he is pressured, or he has too much time to pass.  After 5-6 seconds warner tries to thread the needle too much and needs to throw it away.  Warner can be 60 in a wheelchair and still throw the ball 50 yards on point.  Dallas' defense has been shaky the past couple of weeks.  They have have hardly blitzed and are not changing up their defense, mostly just playing man and trying to keep everything in front of them.  If this continues, warner will carve em up. 
     
    The cards have beaten themselves this year.  Penalties continue to be a problem just like last year, but they play much better at home.  They could very easily be undefeated too.
     
    Against the skins, they were up by 3 in the fourth quarter, and warner had a ball bounce of the defenders helmet and turned into an interception.  If breaston catches that ball, that possession could have ended in a td and a cards W.
     
    Against the Jets, the cards should have had 10-14 points off their first 2 possessions.  A bad fumble and sac by warner, followed by a boldin catch and fumble took points off the board.  The next series rackers misses the fg.  Warner is going to have a couple bad games during the season fumbling the ball.  It is the good and bad with him.  If warner didnt keep turning the ball over and giving the Jets great field position, they might not have lost.  Jets could NOT stop AZ in the 2nd half.  If the cards get the 2nd onside kick, they would have only been down 1 score and the entire game changes at that point.  The cards D was pretty bad that game, but short field position will do that to you.  They were also not on the same page. 
     
    Someone mentioned that this will be practically a home game for Dallas.  The cards did not see any single game tix to this game.  You had to buy an additional home game in order to buy the Dallas game to help offset the usually large Dallas crowd there. 
     
    Romo who usually kills in the beginning of the season has been a little shaky and does not always play good in big games (see playoffs).  This will have a playoff feel to it Sunday.  You never know which TO is going to show up.  Jerry Jones is on the field and nobody has confidence in Wade (soon to be fired after the season) Phillips.  Dallas' offensive playcalling has been inconsistant lately as well.  This is the biggest rivalry for AZ, but not for Dallas.
     
    All in all the game could go either way, but I do not think Dallas will cover in AZ.  Plus you know the public will be pounding Dallas as most people do not know that AZ is not the same team as years past.  I will wait for it to get up to 7 and then pound the side and ML.. BOL to all
     
    kireiricky
    kireiricky
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 6:12 PM ET #27

    dallas def. is horrible! i live in dallas and there is not one game that i watch where i don't go crazy over their communication. Newman is not going to be playing which actually might help them out. The corners and safetys are just flat out old, but are veterans.

    Whats really been saving them is the def line and zack "the tank" thomas. he is incredible.

    but all in all this is pretty much an evenly matched game which i expect to be really close.

    OVER is the safest bet with warner and romo airing out the ball all day long
    Reply
    dallas def. is horrible! i live in dallas and there is not one game that i watch where i don't go crazy over their communication. Newman is not going to be playing which actually might help them out. The corners and safetys are just flat out old, but are veterans.

    Whats really been saving them is the def line and zack "the tank" thomas. he is incredible.

    but all in all this is pretty much an evenly matched game which i expect to be really close.

    OVER is the safest bet with warner and romo airing out the ball all day long
     
    adsitar
    adsitar
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 6:42 PM ET #28

    This is Zona's superbowl folks.  Dallas has a good O-line only allowing 4 sacks this year but Dallas has a turnover ratio of -4 compared to Zona's +1 (Yes, this IS an important #).  T.O. is pissed off at Romo so either 1 of 2 things will happen:  (A) Romo feels obligated to get the ball to his "Star" receiver and throws a couple of picks no matter the coverage or (B) Romo spreads the ball out and T.O gets even more pissed causing some chemistry on the field.  Neither one is good for Dallas.  I know that emotion from one player doesn't affect a game, but it IS T.O.  I was the only person last year to say that a hot Pitt. team would go into Zona and lose SU and look what happened.  I'm not bragging, but if it looks too easy it probably is, like the cliche goes.  Why do u think Vegas made the line below a TD?  To get all the public money on the "this line is a gift" Dallas backers.  This is the NFL.  Zona can put up some points.  I don't care who you play, if you can put up 30+ in the 2nd half of a game like no ones biz and then put up 44 the next week you can hang with a Dallas team that has been exposed.  Zona would LOVE to go into the bye week with a win against Dallas.
     
    Dallas-31
    Zona-37
     
     
    Reply
    This is Zona's superbowl folks.  Dallas has a good O-line only allowing 4 sacks this year but Dallas has a turnover ratio of -4 compared to Zona's +1 (Yes, this IS an important #).  T.O. is pissed off at Romo so either 1 of 2 things will happen:  (A) Romo feels obligated to get the ball to his "Star" receiver and throws a couple of picks no matter the coverage or (B) Romo spreads the ball out and T.O gets even more pissed causing some chemistry on the field.  Neither one is good for Dallas.  I know that emotion from one player doesn't affect a game, but it IS T.O.  I was the only person last year to say that a hot Pitt. team would go into Zona and lose SU and look what happened.  I'm not bragging, but if it looks too easy it probably is, like the cliche goes.  Why do u think Vegas made the line below a TD?  To get all the public money on the "this line is a gift" Dallas backers.  This is the NFL.  Zona can put up some points.  I don't care who you play, if you can put up 30+ in the 2nd half of a game like no ones biz and then put up 44 the next week you can hang with a Dallas team that has been exposed.  Zona would LOVE to go into the bye week with a win against Dallas.
     
    Dallas-31
    Zona-37
     
     
     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 6:43 PM ET #29

    The reason Dallas will cover is the running game.  The defenses are pretty even and both teams can move the ball passing.... BUT Arizona is 24th in rushing while Dallas is 7th.  That means Dallas sustains longer drives with a balanced attack and keeps Warner and company off the field.  Once Arizona gets behind because of this, Warner will be pressed into his usual mistakes under pressure.  I'm taking the COWBOYS and the OVER.  
    Reply
    The reason Dallas will cover is the running game.  The defenses are pretty even and both teams can move the ball passing.... BUT Arizona is 24th in rushing while Dallas is 7th.  That means Dallas sustains longer drives with a balanced attack and keeps Warner and company off the field.  Once Arizona gets behind because of this, Warner will be pressed into his usual mistakes under pressure.  I'm taking the COWBOYS and the OVER.  
     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 6:49 PM ET #30

    Adistar-

      "T.O. is pissed at Romo?"  Since when?  Why?  Who is your source?  Did you read that in the National Enquirer?  

    Romo and T.O. are like brothers.  T.O. had a death in the family last week and was emotional at the game.  He was on ESPN yesterday and talked at length about it.    
    Reply
    Adistar-

      "T.O. is pissed at Romo?"  Since when?  Why?  Who is your source?  Did you read that in the National Enquirer?  

    Romo and T.O. are like brothers.  T.O. had a death in the family last week and was emotional at the game.  He was on ESPN yesterday and talked at length about it.    
     
    hoopsprof
    hoopsprof
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 887
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 7:25 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:

    The reason Dallas will cover is the running game.  The defenses are pretty even and both teams can move the ball passing.... BUT Arizona is 24th in rushing while Dallas is 7th.  That means Dallas sustains longer drives with a balanced attack and keeps Warner and company off the field.  Once Arizona gets behind because of this, Warner will be pressed into his usual mistakes under pressure.  I'm taking the COWBOYS and the OVER.  

     

    there is a reason dallas has more running plays and yards, they are more balanced.....az's short passing game is their running game....az has won the time of possession battle 4 out of 5 games

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:

    The reason Dallas will cover is the running game.  The defenses are pretty even and both teams can move the ball passing.... BUT Arizona is 24th in rushing while Dallas is 7th.  That means Dallas sustains longer drives with a balanced attack and keeps Warner and company off the field.  Once Arizona gets behind because of this, Warner will be pressed into his usual mistakes under pressure.  I'm taking the COWBOYS and the OVER.  

     

    there is a reason dallas has more running plays and yards, they are more balanced.....az's short passing game is their running game....az has won the time of possession battle 4 out of 5 games

     
    blstuart
    blstuart
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 4236
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 7:30 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:


    Horrible?  They have the 14th ranked defense in the league with a couple of Pro Bowl starters sidelined with injuries (Newman and R. Williams).  That is not horrible my friend.  Having said that, this is the 3rd ranked offense (Dallas) going against the 5th ranked offense... I do like the OVER here.
     

    It's probably a better thing for Dallas that Williams is out. He's certainly not a pro bowler because of his coverage ability.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:


    Horrible?  They have the 14th ranked defense in the league with a couple of Pro Bowl starters sidelined with injuries (Newman and R. Williams).  That is not horrible my friend.  Having said that, this is the 3rd ranked offense (Dallas) going against the 5th ranked offense... I do like the OVER here.
     

    It's probably a better thing for Dallas that Williams is out. He's certainly not a pro bowler because of his coverage ability.

     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 7:34 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsprof:

     

    there is a reason dallas has more running plays and yards, they are more balanced.....az's short passing game is their running game....az has won the time of possession battle 4 out of 5 games


    It's a fact that Dallas is ranked higher than Arizona in both time of possession and 3rd down conversions.  AZ likely will not be on the field enough to beat Dallas
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsprof:

     

    there is a reason dallas has more running plays and yards, they are more balanced.....az's short passing game is their running game....az has won the time of possession battle 4 out of 5 games


    It's a fact that Dallas is ranked higher than Arizona in both time of possession and 3rd down conversions.  AZ likely will not be on the field enough to beat Dallas
     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 7:37 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by blstuart:

    It's probably a better thing for Dallas that Williams is out. He's certainly not a pro bowler because of his coverage ability.


    True that he is a liability in deep coverage, but he can blow a running back up, and cause fumbles and scare the shit out of anyone going over the middle.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by blstuart:

    It's probably a better thing for Dallas that Williams is out. He's certainly not a pro bowler because of his coverage ability.


    True that he is a liability in deep coverage, but he can blow a running back up, and cause fumbles and scare the shit out of anyone going over the middle.
     
    bowlinguy12
    bowlinguy12
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 68
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 8:46 PM ET #35

    this is basically a home game for dallas anyways plus the bills played awful last week and made Arizona look alot better than they are. im loving dallas this week to get it together and win by more than 10.


    Reply
    this is basically a home game for dallas anyways plus the bills played awful last week and made Arizona look alot better than they are. im loving dallas this week to get it together and win by more than 10.


     
    bowlinguy12
    bowlinguy12
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 68
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 8:46 PM ET #36

    the over sounds good as well, both teams love to throw
    Reply
    the over sounds good as well, both teams love to throw
     
    adsitar
    adsitar
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 9:21 PM ET #37

    Henry-Lilly you sound pretty defensive.  Let me guess, your a Cowboys fan.  I wouldn't quite say Romo and T.O are like brothers, I believe T.O was on the sideline with a towel on his head not speaking to Romo last game (like a 5 year old whose mom won't buy him a GI Joe at the store) when they almost lost to Cincy when they got caught sleepwalking.  True, Dallas has a killer running game, I just think its neck-and-neck 'til the clock says 2:00 and Zona wins unlike Cincy that vomited on themselves.  And because T.O talked about it on ESPN it is true?  Just like when his publicist said he wasn't depressed and tried to commit suicide or Rosenhaus said that T.O was being treated unfairly by Philly.  Let me guess, you think OJ is innocent too.    I'm just havin a little fun and I like the Cowboys, I just think they will lose this one and I REALLY believe that their are some problems amongst the team.  GL
    Reply
    Henry-Lilly you sound pretty defensive.  Let me guess, your a Cowboys fan.  I wouldn't quite say Romo and T.O are like brothers, I believe T.O was on the sideline with a towel on his head not speaking to Romo last game (like a 5 year old whose mom won't buy him a GI Joe at the store) when they almost lost to Cincy when they got caught sleepwalking.  True, Dallas has a killer running game, I just think its neck-and-neck 'til the clock says 2:00 and Zona wins unlike Cincy that vomited on themselves.  And because T.O talked about it on ESPN it is true?  Just like when his publicist said he wasn't depressed and tried to commit suicide or Rosenhaus said that T.O was being treated unfairly by Philly.  Let me guess, you think OJ is innocent too.    I'm just havin a little fun and I like the Cowboys, I just think they will lose this one and I REALLY believe that their are some problems amongst the team.  GL
     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2008 - 9:58 PM ET #38

    First of all, OJ is a murdering bastard.  Secondly, yes I am a Cowboy fan and of course I'll defend my team.  I live here in Dallas and get plenty of the local news about the Cowboys that doesn't always hit the national news.  Thirdly, even if T.O. was mad at Romo... who cares?  Does that mean he not going to catch anything Romo throws his way?  Does it mean he will suit up for the Cardinals on Sunday?  No, it doesn't matter if he is mad or not.  It is a football game, not a soap opera or a reality show.  If T.O. were to pull some shit on this team Jerry Jones would ship his ass to Detroit for Roy Williams faster than you can say, "burnt popcorn." 
    Lastly, T.O. is a fucking suicidal nut case, no doubt about that.  But, he'll kick some arse on Sunday and there will be new ridiculous rumors when he pats Romo on the butt too many times.
    Reply
    First of all, OJ is a murdering bastard.  Secondly, yes I am a Cowboy fan and of course I'll defend my team.  I live here in Dallas and get plenty of the local news about the Cowboys that doesn't always hit the national news.  Thirdly, even if T.O. was mad at Romo... who cares?  Does that mean he not going to catch anything Romo throws his way?  Does it mean he will suit up for the Cardinals on Sunday?  No, it doesn't matter if he is mad or not.  It is a football game, not a soap opera or a reality show.  If T.O. were to pull some shit on this team Jerry Jones would ship his ass to Detroit for Roy Williams faster than you can say, "burnt popcorn." 
    Lastly, T.O. is a fucking suicidal nut case, no doubt about that.  But, he'll kick some arse on Sunday and there will be new ridiculous rumors when he pats Romo on the butt too many times.
     
    colin_nguyen
    colin_nguyen
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 1:13 AM ET #39

    arizona to cover and win, arizona is playing good football right now and the home crowd will even make them play better, while the cowboys cant stop being mad at each other, plus offensive coordinator todd haley for the cadinals helped coach the cowboys in 05 and 06, so he knows romo flaws in the game.
    Reply
    arizona to cover and win, arizona is playing good football right now and the home crowd will even make them play better, while the cowboys cant stop being mad at each other, plus offensive coordinator todd haley for the cadinals helped coach the cowboys in 05 and 06, so he knows romo flaws in the game.
     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 9:35 AM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by adsitar:

    Henry-Lilly you sound pretty defensive.  Let me guess, your a Cowboys fan.  I wouldn't quite say Romo and T.O are like brothers, I believe T.O was on the sideline with a towel on his head not speaking to Romo last game (like a 5 year old whose mom won't buy him a GI Joe at the store) when they almost lost to Cincy when they got caught sleepwalking.  True, Dallas has a killer running game, I just think its neck-and-neck 'til the clock says 2:00 and Zona wins unlike Cincy that vomited on themselves.  And because T.O talked about it on ESPN it is true?  Just like when his publicist said he wasn't depressed and tried to commit suicide or Rosenhaus said that T.O was being treated unfairly by Philly.  Let me guess, you think OJ is innocent too.    I'm just havin a little fun and I like the Cowboys, I just think they will lose this one and I REALLY believe that their are some problems amongst the team.  GL

    HILARIOUS LOL....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by adsitar:

    Henry-Lilly you sound pretty defensive.  Let me guess, your a Cowboys fan.  I wouldn't quite say Romo and T.O are like brothers, I believe T.O was on the sideline with a towel on his head not speaking to Romo last game (like a 5 year old whose mom won't buy him a GI Joe at the store) when they almost lost to Cincy when they got caught sleepwalking.  True, Dallas has a killer running game, I just think its neck-and-neck 'til the clock says 2:00 and Zona wins unlike Cincy that vomited on themselves.  And because T.O talked about it on ESPN it is true?  Just like when his publicist said he wasn't depressed and tried to commit suicide or Rosenhaus said that T.O was being treated unfairly by Philly.  Let me guess, you think OJ is innocent too.    I'm just havin a little fun and I like the Cowboys, I just think they will lose this one and I REALLY believe that their are some problems amongst the team.  GL

    HILARIOUS LOL....

     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 9:39 AM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by dddevin69:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by atlantasports:

    Dallas defense is horrible. Might stay away but if i take someone its AR


    Horrible?  They have the 14th ranked defense in the league with a couple of Pro Bowl starters sidelined with injuries (Newman and R. Williams).  That is not horrible my friend.  Having said that, this is the 3rd ranked offense (Dallas) going against the 5th ranked offense... I do like the OVER here.
     
     
     
    I agree.  For some reason it's become fashionable to bash Dallas's D.  Mind you Dalla's D has been in the top 10 for most of this season so far, and just now slipped to # 14  gasp.     If Dallas's D is horrible....heaven help teams like Denver and New Orleans.  THey might as well just cancel the season.  LMAO

    Denver's D will turn around...

    NO just stopped Adrian Peterson

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dddevin69:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by atlantasports:

    Dallas defense is horrible. Might stay away but if i take someone its AR


    Horrible?  They have the 14th ranked defense in the league with a couple of Pro Bowl starters sidelined with injuries (Newman and R. Williams).  That is not horrible my friend.  Having said that, this is the 3rd ranked offense (Dallas) going against the 5th ranked offense... I do like the OVER here.
     
     
     
    I agree.  For some reason it's become fashionable to bash Dallas's D.  Mind you Dalla's D has been in the top 10 for most of this season so far, and just now slipped to # 14  gasp.     If Dallas's D is horrible....heaven help teams like Denver and New Orleans.  THey might as well just cancel the season.  LMAO

    Denver's D will turn around...

    NO just stopped Adrian Peterson

     
    luckyly
    luckyly
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 3214
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 10:24 AM ET #42

    dallas is the play here..zona score over 90 pts the last 3 games,and thats a no no for next game..the  boys...
    Reply
    dallas is the play here..zona score over 90 pts the last 3 games,and thats a no no for next game..the  boys...
     
    gococks17
    gococks17
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 10:49 AM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by atlantasports:

    Dallas defense is horrible. Might stay away but if i take someone its AR

     

    i wish i was your bookie... but even horrible cappers win sometimes...

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantasports:

    Dallas defense is horrible. Might stay away but if i take someone its AR

     

    i wish i was your bookie... but even horrible cappers win sometimes...

     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 11:25 AM ET #44

    Breakabookie-

              You have no credibility.  YOU come here and question other people's credibility with your know-it-all attitude and yet you picked Seattle to beat the Giants last week!  Unless you have something good to say, just shut your piehole.
    Reply
    Breakabookie-

              You have no credibility.  YOU come here and question other people's credibility with your know-it-all attitude and yet you picked Seattle to beat the Giants last week!  Unless you have something good to say, just shut your piehole.
     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 12:36 PM ET #45

    Ya.... that seattle bet hurt me last week..... that was a stupid bet.... I havn't had many like that........it's bets like those that make me question myself....
     
    but I have been doing pretty well this season so far.....
     
    with that being said, my credibility is noted by many in this forum, as is yours and I have been reading your posts also.....
     
    AND.... I wasn't agreeing with ADSITAR.... I just thought it was hilarious how he worded it..... I'm still laughing at it....
     
    Seattle was really my only pick  this season that has been WAY off..... I lost the Saints ML, which was close, but I banked on the over..... and if you ask any Giants fan, I live in NY so I have them all around me, you will know that they play terrible off the bye week.... so that is the reasoning for my Seattle pick.... but I let that 1 trend alone pick my bet which is a rookie mistake.... but you win some, you lose some....
     
    if you check "my space".... I'm still ahead of the game....
     
    I also picked the colts last week, I picked carolina, I picked Cincy, and I picked the cincy over, and I lost the Eagles laying the points....
     
    so last week was my worst week so far this season, and I still came out just a few bucks over breaking even.....
     
    This week I pick ARIZONA ML.....
     
    obviously taking the 5 is a safer pick, but the payout is nice IF zona can pull a home upset against a team that is having defensive issues....
     
     
     
    Reply
    Ya.... that seattle bet hurt me last week..... that was a stupid bet.... I havn't had many like that........it's bets like those that make me question myself....
     
    but I have been doing pretty well this season so far.....
     
    with that being said, my credibility is noted by many in this forum, as is yours and I have been reading your posts also.....
     
    AND.... I wasn't agreeing with ADSITAR.... I just thought it was hilarious how he worded it..... I'm still laughing at it....
     
    Seattle was really my only pick  this season that has been WAY off..... I lost the Saints ML, which was close, but I banked on the over..... and if you ask any Giants fan, I live in NY so I have them all around me, you will know that they play terrible off the bye week.... so that is the reasoning for my Seattle pick.... but I let that 1 trend alone pick my bet which is a rookie mistake.... but you win some, you lose some....
     
    if you check "my space".... I'm still ahead of the game....
     
    I also picked the colts last week, I picked carolina, I picked Cincy, and I picked the cincy over, and I lost the Eagles laying the points....
     
    so last week was my worst week so far this season, and I still came out just a few bucks over breaking even.....
     
    This week I pick ARIZONA ML.....
     
    obviously taking the 5 is a safer pick, but the payout is nice IF zona can pull a home upset against a team that is having defensive issues....
     
     
     
     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 12:53 PM ET #46

    This line could move a little bit before Sunday.  The local papers here in Dallas are calling for Jerry Jones to cut Pacman Jones after he an "altercation" with one of the bodyguards that Jerry hired to keep Pacman out of trouble.  The fear is that the Comish is going to kick him out of the league anyway so Jerry should show some balls first.  The problem is that Terrance Newman has now been diagnosed with a sports hernia and will be out for six weeks.  If Dallas cuts Pacman, the secondary will be in shambles against one of the better passing teams in the league.  I still say take the OVER, but I would wait on wagering the side until this thing plays out.  

    Breakabookie- Alles klar.  I'm assuming this newest Cowboy distraction reinforces your Arizona moneyline?    


    Reply
    This line could move a little bit before Sunday.  The local papers here in Dallas are calling for Jerry Jones to cut Pacman Jones after he an "altercation" with one of the bodyguards that Jerry hired to keep Pacman out of trouble.  The fear is that the Comish is going to kick him out of the league anyway so Jerry should show some balls first.  The problem is that Terrance Newman has now been diagnosed with a sports hernia and will be out for six weeks.  If Dallas cuts Pacman, the secondary will be in shambles against one of the better passing teams in the league.  I still say take the OVER, but I would wait on wagering the side until this thing plays out.  

    Breakabookie- Alles klar.  I'm assuming this newest Cowboy distraction reinforces your Arizona moneyline?    


     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 1:07 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    Ya.... that seattle bet hurt me last week..... that was a stupid bet.... I havn't had many like that........it's bets like those that make me question myself....
     
    but I have been doing pretty well this season so far.....
     
    with that being said, my credibility is noted by many in this forum, as is yours and I have been reading your posts also.....
     
    AND.... I wasn't agreeing with ADSITAR.... I just thought it was hilarious how he worded it..... I'm still laughing at it....
     
    Seattle was really my only pick  this season that has been WAY off..... I lost the Saints ML, which was close, but I banked on the over..... and if you ask any Giants fan, I live in NY so I have them all around me, you will know that they play terrible off the bye week.... so that is the reasoning for my Seattle pick.... but I let that 1 trend alone pick my bet which is a rookie mistake.... but you win some, you lose some....
     
    if you check "my space".... I'm still ahead of the game....
     
    I also picked the colts last week, I picked carolina, I picked Cincy, and I picked the cincy over, and I lost the Eagles laying the points....
     
    so last week was my worst week so far this season, and I still came out just a few bucks over breaking even.....
     
    This week I pick ARIZONA ML.....
     
    obviously taking the 5 is a safer pick, but the payout is nice IF zona can pull a home upset against a team that is having defensive issues....
     
     
     

    I was referring to how you were busting DDevin69's balls pretty hard last week when he was just giving his opinion. Let's play nice.   
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    Ya.... that seattle bet hurt me last week..... that was a stupid bet.... I havn't had many like that........it's bets like those that make me question myself....
     
    but I have been doing pretty well this season so far.....
     
    with that being said, my credibility is noted by many in this forum, as is yours and I have been reading your posts also.....
     
    AND.... I wasn't agreeing with ADSITAR.... I just thought it was hilarious how he worded it..... I'm still laughing at it....
     
    Seattle was really my only pick  this season that has been WAY off..... I lost the Saints ML, which was close, but I banked on the over..... and if you ask any Giants fan, I live in NY so I have them all around me, you will know that they play terrible off the bye week.... so that is the reasoning for my Seattle pick.... but I let that 1 trend alone pick my bet which is a rookie mistake.... but you win some, you lose some....
     
    if you check "my space".... I'm still ahead of the game....
     
    I also picked the colts last week, I picked carolina, I picked Cincy, and I picked the cincy over, and I lost the Eagles laying the points....
     
    so last week was my worst week so far this season, and I still came out just a few bucks over breaking even.....
     
    This week I pick ARIZONA ML.....
     
    obviously taking the 5 is a safer pick, but the payout is nice IF zona can pull a home upset against a team that is having defensive issues....
     
     
     

    I was referring to how you were busting DDevin69's balls pretty hard last week when he was just giving his opinion. Let's play nice.   
     
    colin_nguyen
    colin_nguyen
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 1:28 PM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by dddevin69:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by atlantasports:

    Dallas defense is horrible. Might stay away but if i take someone its AR


    Horrible?  They have the 14th ranked defense in the league with a couple of Pro Bowl starters sidelined with injuries (Newman and R. Williams).  That is not horrible my friend.  Having said that, this is the 3rd ranked offense (Dallas) going against the 5th ranked offense... I do like the OVER here.
     
     

     

    it does matter that Newman is out, he was out there last game aganist the bengals, and they bengals caught up with them, arizona is a way better team than the bengals, think about that...

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dddevin69:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by atlantasports:

    Dallas defense is horrible. Might stay away but if i take someone its AR


    Horrible?  They have the 14th ranked defense in the league with a couple of Pro Bowl starters sidelined with injuries (Newman and R. Williams).  That is not horrible my friend.  Having said that, this is the 3rd ranked offense (Dallas) going against the 5th ranked offense... I do like the OVER here.
     
     

     

    it does matter that Newman is out, he was out there last game aganist the bengals, and they bengals caught up with them, arizona is a way better team than the bengals, think about that...

     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 1:49 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:

    This line could move a little bit before Sunday.  The local papers here in Dallas are calling for Jerry Jones to cut Pacman Jones after he an "altercation" with one of the bodyguards that Jerry hired to keep Pacman out of trouble.  The fear is that the Comish is going to kick him out of the league anyway so Jerry should show some balls first.  The problem is that Terrance Newman has now been diagnosed with a sports hernia and will be out for six weeks.  If Dallas cuts Pacman, the secondary will be in shambles against one of the better passing teams in the league.  I still say take the OVER, but I would wait on wagering the side until this thing plays out.  

    Breakabookie- Alles klar.  I'm assuming this newest Cowboy distraction reinforces your Arizona moneyline?    


    I think it's not a huge difference whether pacman plays or not.... I still say Arizona can pull out a win at home.....

    and maybe I was a little harsh on DDevin.... it's just you Dallas fans are so in love with your team that you think they'll cover everyweek.... so I apologize DDevin

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:

    This line could move a little bit before Sunday.  The local papers here in Dallas are calling for Jerry Jones to cut Pacman Jones after he an "altercation" with one of the bodyguards that Jerry hired to keep Pacman out of trouble.  The fear is that the Comish is going to kick him out of the league anyway so Jerry should show some balls first.  The problem is that Terrance Newman has now been diagnosed with a sports hernia and will be out for six weeks.  If Dallas cuts Pacman, the secondary will be in shambles against one of the better passing teams in the league.  I still say take the OVER, but I would wait on wagering the side until this thing plays out.  

    Breakabookie- Alles klar.  I'm assuming this newest Cowboy distraction reinforces your Arizona moneyline?    


    I think it's not a huge difference whether pacman plays or not.... I still say Arizona can pull out a win at home.....

    and maybe I was a little harsh on DDevin.... it's just you Dallas fans are so in love with your team that you think they'll cover everyweek.... so I apologize DDevin

     
     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2008 - 1:51 PM ET #50

    and what is ALLES KLAR?
    Reply
    and what is ALLES KLAR?
    All Forums | Pro Football
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,264
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,438
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,613
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 113
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,112
    • Trump lies so much. 22,895

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.