• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Pro Football

    Baltimore at Philadelphia (09/16/2012)

    12 Next Last»
    Covers
    dibcompany
    BIGDADDYT
    city
    ecupirate4314
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7803
    Posts: 48
    12 Next Last»
     
    Covers
    Covers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2002
    Posts: 61
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 8:22 AM ET #1

    Away:  Baltimore [1-0 ATS]
    Home:  Philadelphia [0-1 ATS]

    Game Time: 1:00 PM
    Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field

    Recent Meetings:
    N/A

    Team Leaders:

    Baltimore:
    Passing: Joe Flacco (299)
    Rushing: Ray Rice (68)
    Receiving: Dennis Pitta (73)

    Philadelphia:
    Passing: Michael Vick (317)
    Rushing: LeSean McCoy (110)
    Receiving: Jeremy Maclin (96)

    More:
    Live Odds
    In-Depth Matchup Information
    Consensus Betting Information

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Away:  Baltimore [1-0 ATS]
    Home:  Philadelphia [0-1 ATS]

    Game Time: 1:00 PM
    Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field

    Recent Meetings:
    N/A

    Team Leaders:

    Baltimore:
    Passing: Joe Flacco (299)
    Rushing: Ray Rice (68)
    Receiving: Dennis Pitta (73)

    Philadelphia:
    Passing: Michael Vick (317)
    Rushing: LeSean McCoy (110)
    Receiving: Jeremy Maclin (96)

    More:
    Live Odds
    In-Depth Matchup Information
    Consensus Betting Information

     
    dibcompany
    dibcompany
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2113
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2012 - 10:56 PM ET #2

    looking at philly 
    Reply
    looking at philly 
     
    BIGDADDYT
    BIGDADDYT
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 45
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2012 - 8:15 AM ET #3

    RAVENS WILL COME AFTER VICK BROWNS, PICK 4 TIMES BETTER D.RAVEN UNDER IS MAYBE
    Reply
    RAVENS WILL COME AFTER VICK BROWNS, PICK 4 TIMES BETTER D.RAVEN UNDER IS MAYBE
     
    city
    city
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 120
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2012 - 9:23 AM ET #4

    anybody who takes phil and vick dumb ass is crazy.. phil
    Reply
    anybody who takes phil and vick dumb ass is crazy.. phil
     
    ecupirate4314
    ecupirate4314
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 109
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2012 - 3:22 PM ET #5

    tough to win in philly for any team, vick won't throw 4 picks this game

    leaning philly to bounce-back with just as much or even more talent on BOTH sides of the ball

    will wait a couple more days to see where this line goes
    Reply
    tough to win in philly for any team, vick won't throw 4 picks this game

    leaning philly to bounce-back with just as much or even more talent on BOTH sides of the ball

    will wait a couple more days to see where this line goes
     
    Runnie72
    Runnie72
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2012 - 5:48 PM ET #6

    Philly may play better and its tough to win there but the Ravens are playing with purpose, like Balt LB better than philly and front 4 about even, would give lean to Balt if Suggs there, rb are even Philly has better wr but Vick is def a liability, if he runs he better have that jacket on, Start warming up Mr Foles

    Ravens +2.5
    Reply
    Philly may play better and its tough to win there but the Ravens are playing with purpose, like Balt LB better than philly and front 4 about even, would give lean to Balt if Suggs there, rb are even Philly has better wr but Vick is def a liability, if he runs he better have that jacket on, Start warming up Mr Foles

    Ravens +2.5
     
    cyrusdarius
    cyrusdarius
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 61
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2012 - 8:34 PM ET #7

    I want some Philly backer to give me a substantive analysis about why Philly is at -1. 

    The PHI DEF is untested. Sorry Weeden, Richardson, and Little? No way. Any DEF could solve that riddle. 

    The PHI OFF looked dismal against an average unit. Vick isn't just rusty. He hasn't been the same since that first amazing season back. Over his last 14 games, spanning the 2011 and current season, he's got 20tds v 18ints. And only 1 rushing TD. F*ck that crap, HE AIN'T RUSTY!...dude's struggling.

    Meanwhile, BAL completely destroyed a good CIN team in every way. Flacco looks better than ever in that fast break offense. 

    Lastly, BAL almost made the SB last year. PHI imploded last year.

    I'm throwin hard on this unless someone can show me otherwise. Please do. If it's good, I'll take what you got and lay off.
    Reply
    I want some Philly backer to give me a substantive analysis about why Philly is at -1. 

    The PHI DEF is untested. Sorry Weeden, Richardson, and Little? No way. Any DEF could solve that riddle. 

    The PHI OFF looked dismal against an average unit. Vick isn't just rusty. He hasn't been the same since that first amazing season back. Over his last 14 games, spanning the 2011 and current season, he's got 20tds v 18ints. And only 1 rushing TD. F*ck that crap, HE AIN'T RUSTY!...dude's struggling.

    Meanwhile, BAL completely destroyed a good CIN team in every way. Flacco looks better than ever in that fast break offense. 

    Lastly, BAL almost made the SB last year. PHI imploded last year.

    I'm throwin hard on this unless someone can show me otherwise. Please do. If it's good, I'll take what you got and lay off.
     
    now_then
    now_then
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 60
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 1:05 AM ET #8

    $$$Philly$$$
    Reply
    $$$Philly$$$
     
    NoBetNoWin
    NoBetNoWin
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 569
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 10:54 AM ET #9

    This is one of those games that seem too easy to be true.  after last week who wouldnt take Bal.  But this is the NFL and teams turn it around in a hurry.  I look for Philly to look alot stronger than their poor performance in Cle.  (although they did still win).

    Give me PHI -1.  fading the public.

    Reply

    This is one of those games that seem too easy to be true.  after last week who wouldnt take Bal.  But this is the NFL and teams turn it around in a hurry.  I look for Philly to look alot stronger than their poor performance in Cle.  (although they did still win).

    Give me PHI -1.  fading the public.

     
    vue21849
    vue21849
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 5051
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 11:53 AM ET #10

    BALTIMORE  + 1

    Reply

    BALTIMORE  + 1

     
    Checkmate886
    Checkmate886
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 76
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 5:28 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusdarius:

    I want some Philly backer to give me a substantive analysis about why Philly is at -1. 

    The PHI DEF is untested. Sorry Weeden, Richardson, and Little? No way. Any DEF could solve that riddle. 

    The PHI OFF looked dismal against an average unit. Vick isn't just rusty. He hasn't been the same since that first amazing season back. Over his last 14 games, spanning the 2011 and current season, he's got 20tds v 18ints. And only 1 rushing TD. F*ck that crap, HE AIN'T RUSTY!...dude's struggling.

    Meanwhile, BAL completely destroyed a good CIN team in every way. Flacco looks better than ever in that fast break offense. 

    Lastly, BAL almost made the SB last year. PHI imploded last year.

    I'm throwin hard on this unless someone can show me otherwise. Please do. If it's good, I'll take what you got and lay off.

    im not a philly backer (although im an eagles fan) but there's a few things im looking at. firstly you can take one game and think thats how things are going to always be. you shouldnt expect the eagles offense to play as bad as they did, and you shouldnt expect the ravens offense to play as well as they did

    secondly, the ravens are almost unbeatable at home, but they are very pedestrian on the road. if im not mistaken they are 8-8 in their last 16 on the road (someone correct me if im wrong), this is the same ravens team that lost to the seahawks, chargers, and jags the road last year

    thirdly, the game got out of hand on for the bengals but they ran the ball well against them. shady should do well against them too. and also you dont know how healthy ed reed is, and with these quick wideouts the eagles have, he needs to be ready

    fourthly, this is almost the same situation the ravens were in last year. they played a division foe in pitt, blew them out and came out VERY FLAT the next week against the titans and loss.

    lastly, vegas is telling you to take the eagles. with SO MANY people putting SO MUCH money on the ravens and most lines barely moving. vegas isnt in the business of losing money, they think the eagles are going to win this game

    i hope i helped a little bit, i think imma lay something on the eagles. ive been burnt too many times with those "too good to be true" lines
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusdarius:

    I want some Philly backer to give me a substantive analysis about why Philly is at -1. 

    The PHI DEF is untested. Sorry Weeden, Richardson, and Little? No way. Any DEF could solve that riddle. 

    The PHI OFF looked dismal against an average unit. Vick isn't just rusty. He hasn't been the same since that first amazing season back. Over his last 14 games, spanning the 2011 and current season, he's got 20tds v 18ints. And only 1 rushing TD. F*ck that crap, HE AIN'T RUSTY!...dude's struggling.

    Meanwhile, BAL completely destroyed a good CIN team in every way. Flacco looks better than ever in that fast break offense. 

    Lastly, BAL almost made the SB last year. PHI imploded last year.

    I'm throwin hard on this unless someone can show me otherwise. Please do. If it's good, I'll take what you got and lay off.

    im not a philly backer (although im an eagles fan) but there's a few things im looking at. firstly you can take one game and think thats how things are going to always be. you shouldnt expect the eagles offense to play as bad as they did, and you shouldnt expect the ravens offense to play as well as they did

    secondly, the ravens are almost unbeatable at home, but they are very pedestrian on the road. if im not mistaken they are 8-8 in their last 16 on the road (someone correct me if im wrong), this is the same ravens team that lost to the seahawks, chargers, and jags the road last year

    thirdly, the game got out of hand on for the bengals but they ran the ball well against them. shady should do well against them too. and also you dont know how healthy ed reed is, and with these quick wideouts the eagles have, he needs to be ready

    fourthly, this is almost the same situation the ravens were in last year. they played a division foe in pitt, blew them out and came out VERY FLAT the next week against the titans and loss.

    lastly, vegas is telling you to take the eagles. with SO MANY people putting SO MUCH money on the ravens and most lines barely moving. vegas isnt in the business of losing money, they think the eagles are going to win this game

    i hope i helped a little bit, i think imma lay something on the eagles. ive been burnt too many times with those "too good to be true" lines
     
    TheQuadYeah
    TheQuadYeah
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1827
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 6:38 PM ET #12

    That rookie on the Browns should have picked Vick in the end zone last week and the Eaglets are 0-1, and this line is Ravens -3.5 or something like that. I guess there's a lot of Philly Phuckheads creating this "line" - remember, Browns still covered, though.

    Philly is scaring nobody, Vick is scaring nobody. If Flacco and the Ravens "D" play half as good as they did against the Bungles, this is a blowout by halftime.

    Ravens +1 all day every day

    Reply

    That rookie on the Browns should have picked Vick in the end zone last week and the Eaglets are 0-1, and this line is Ravens -3.5 or something like that. I guess there's a lot of Philly Phuckheads creating this "line" - remember, Browns still covered, though.

    Philly is scaring nobody, Vick is scaring nobody. If Flacco and the Ravens "D" play half as good as they did against the Bungles, this is a blowout by halftime.

    Ravens +1 all day every day

     
    Kandidat
    Kandidat
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 100
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 7:30 PM ET #13

    Eagles
    Reply
    Eagles
     
    Checkmate886
    Checkmate886
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 76
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 8:58 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuadYeah:

    That rookie on the Browns should have picked Vick in the end zone last week and the Eaglets are 0-1, and this line is Ravens -3.5 or something like that. I guess there's a lot of Philly Phuckheads creating this "line" - remember, Browns still covered, though.

    Philly is scaring nobody, Vick is scaring nobody. If Flacco and the Ravens "D" play half as good as they did against the Bungles, this is a blowout by halftime.

    Ravens +1 all day every day


    record doesnt matter, so them losing to the browns wouldnt have changed this. the eagles played like shit and the line still opened at -8. vegas clearly thinks the eagles are going to win the game...simple as that
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuadYeah:

    That rookie on the Browns should have picked Vick in the end zone last week and the Eaglets are 0-1, and this line is Ravens -3.5 or something like that. I guess there's a lot of Philly Phuckheads creating this "line" - remember, Browns still covered, though.

    Philly is scaring nobody, Vick is scaring nobody. If Flacco and the Ravens "D" play half as good as they did against the Bungles, this is a blowout by halftime.

    Ravens +1 all day every day


    record doesnt matter, so them losing to the browns wouldnt have changed this. the eagles played like shit and the line still opened at -8. vegas clearly thinks the eagles are going to win the game...simple as that
     
    cyrusdarius
    cyrusdarius
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 61
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 10:37 PM ET #15

    Thanks Checkmate! That was exactly the kind of thoughtful analysis I was hoping for. I'm still going with BAL, but with a bit less enthusiasm. It's now at +2.5 at most online books, so it makes it hard not to.

    Here's my take/reply, as I think you have captured why I think the line is what it is.

    1) You can't make the 'it's only one game' argument. These are veteran squads, and PHI didn't have a big personnel turnover to justify the crapfest in CLE. 

    2) I agree about the Ravens and home field and I too have been burned by BAL on the road (Seattle last year?). I'm not a Joe Flacco guy at all. I don't like his attitude. But, that offense is waaaay more aggressive and potent than last year and I don't think you can chalk that up to home field. BAL has a new approach to offense this season.

    3) BAL gave up 129 to CIN, so there is something to Shady going off. And we still don't know about Reed. But, Maclin and Jackson are both injured and their status is also uncertain. If this is left to Vick and Shady without healthy WRs, fuggit about it. BAL will score on PHI and force several turnovers along the way. 

    4) Your Vegas argument is the most persuasive. There really is something so bloody effing obvious about it that it keeps moving AGAINST BAL, that is, the public sees the line as an obvious ruse and is going PHI. That makes me worry, having been stung like this before.

    At the end of the day, I am convinced that the public is massively overrating Vick and that BAL is the second best team in the AFC. Look at Vick's mediocrity over the last year and then compare how Flacco gets better and better during the same period. These are trajectories headed in opposite directions and these squads aren't that much different than last year. I don't care where they play, BAL is gonna win. 
    Reply
    Thanks Checkmate! That was exactly the kind of thoughtful analysis I was hoping for. I'm still going with BAL, but with a bit less enthusiasm. It's now at +2.5 at most online books, so it makes it hard not to.

    Here's my take/reply, as I think you have captured why I think the line is what it is.

    1) You can't make the 'it's only one game' argument. These are veteran squads, and PHI didn't have a big personnel turnover to justify the crapfest in CLE. 

    2) I agree about the Ravens and home field and I too have been burned by BAL on the road (Seattle last year?). I'm not a Joe Flacco guy at all. I don't like his attitude. But, that offense is waaaay more aggressive and potent than last year and I don't think you can chalk that up to home field. BAL has a new approach to offense this season.

    3) BAL gave up 129 to CIN, so there is something to Shady going off. And we still don't know about Reed. But, Maclin and Jackson are both injured and their status is also uncertain. If this is left to Vick and Shady without healthy WRs, fuggit about it. BAL will score on PHI and force several turnovers along the way. 

    4) Your Vegas argument is the most persuasive. There really is something so bloody effing obvious about it that it keeps moving AGAINST BAL, that is, the public sees the line as an obvious ruse and is going PHI. That makes me worry, having been stung like this before.

    At the end of the day, I am convinced that the public is massively overrating Vick and that BAL is the second best team in the AFC. Look at Vick's mediocrity over the last year and then compare how Flacco gets better and better during the same period. These are trajectories headed in opposite directions and these squads aren't that much different than last year. I don't care where they play, BAL is gonna win. 
     
    HelpingUpoorFok
    HelpingUpoorFok
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2012 - 11:50 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusdarius:

    Thanks Checkmate! That was exactly the kind of thoughtful analysis I was hoping for. I'm still going with BAL, but with a bit less enthusiasm. It's now at +2.5 at most online books, so it makes it hard not to.

    Here's my take/reply, as I think you have captured why I think the line is what it is.

    1) You can't make the 'it's only one game' argument. These are veteran squads, and PHI didn't have a big personnel turnover to justify the crapfest in CLE. 

    2) I agree about the Ravens and home field and I too have been burned by BAL on the road (Seattle last year?). I'm not a Joe Flacco guy at all. I don't like his attitude. But, that offense is waaaay more aggressive and potent than last year and I don't think you can chalk that up to home field. BAL has a new approach to offense this season.

    3) BAL gave up 129 to CIN, so there is something to Shady going off. And we still don't know about Reed. But, Maclin and Jackson are both injured and their status is also uncertain. If this is left to Vick and Shady without healthy WRs, fuggit about it. BAL will score on PHI and force several turnovers along the way. 

    4) Your Vegas argument is the most persuasive. There really is something so bloody effing obvious about it that it keeps moving AGAINST BAL, that is, the public sees the line as an obvious ruse and is going PHI. That makes me worry, having been stung like this before.

    At the end of the day, I am convinced that the public is massively overrating Vick and that BAL is the second best team in the AFC. Look at Vick's mediocrity over the last year and then compare how Flacco gets better and better during the same period. These are trajectories headed in opposite directions and these squads aren't that much different than last year. I don't care where they play, BAL is gonna win. 


    Also to the EAGLES point, people are acting like the Browns are a division two college team. They aren't great but I believe will upset some teams this year. 

    And I'm not sure if this is TRUE but I heard The Brown coaching staff all came from Andy Rieds Eagles at one point. So everything the Eagles did the Brown had planed for. If true that def makes sense. The Browns did not play amazing but were well coached. 

    Last note, last time I check the Eagles did come down and score the game winning drive despite how bad they played. and in the NFL winning on the road is never easy......I dont care who your playing
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusdarius:

    Thanks Checkmate! That was exactly the kind of thoughtful analysis I was hoping for. I'm still going with BAL, but with a bit less enthusiasm. It's now at +2.5 at most online books, so it makes it hard not to.

    Here's my take/reply, as I think you have captured why I think the line is what it is.

    1) You can't make the 'it's only one game' argument. These are veteran squads, and PHI didn't have a big personnel turnover to justify the crapfest in CLE. 

    2) I agree about the Ravens and home field and I too have been burned by BAL on the road (Seattle last year?). I'm not a Joe Flacco guy at all. I don't like his attitude. But, that offense is waaaay more aggressive and potent than last year and I don't think you can chalk that up to home field. BAL has a new approach to offense this season.

    3) BAL gave up 129 to CIN, so there is something to Shady going off. And we still don't know about Reed. But, Maclin and Jackson are both injured and their status is also uncertain. If this is left to Vick and Shady without healthy WRs, fuggit about it. BAL will score on PHI and force several turnovers along the way. 

    4) Your Vegas argument is the most persuasive. There really is something so bloody effing obvious about it that it keeps moving AGAINST BAL, that is, the public sees the line as an obvious ruse and is going PHI. That makes me worry, having been stung like this before.

    At the end of the day, I am convinced that the public is massively overrating Vick and that BAL is the second best team in the AFC. Look at Vick's mediocrity over the last year and then compare how Flacco gets better and better during the same period. These are trajectories headed in opposite directions and these squads aren't that much different than last year. I don't care where they play, BAL is gonna win. 


    Also to the EAGLES point, people are acting like the Browns are a division two college team. They aren't great but I believe will upset some teams this year. 

    And I'm not sure if this is TRUE but I heard The Brown coaching staff all came from Andy Rieds Eagles at one point. So everything the Eagles did the Brown had planed for. If true that def makes sense. The Browns did not play amazing but were well coached. 

    Last note, last time I check the Eagles did come down and score the game winning drive despite how bad they played. and in the NFL winning on the road is never easy......I dont care who your playing
     
    dibcompany
    dibcompany
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2113
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2012 - 12:59 AM ET #17

    Eagles at home!!! -2 book it!!! 
    Reply
    Eagles at home!!! -2 book it!!! 
     
    MrWonderful
    MrWonderful
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2012 - 4:12 AM ET #18

    I watched the entire game when Michael Vick was scrambling and whiffing balls left and right. I just didn't see any hope for Vick to do better in that game because he has zero pocket presence. The o-line can't handle the browns, what makes you think that this balitmore defense is going to let up against Vick? Vick looked very bad for 4 quarters, not just a couple. I'm personally going to put a large portion of my bankroll on Ravens to control both sides of the ball. This game is won 8/10 times by ravens. Give me the better odds for this one at plus money. Good luck to whoever bets this game. This one will be won by the Ravens 27-17 
    Reply
    I watched the entire game when Michael Vick was scrambling and whiffing balls left and right. I just didn't see any hope for Vick to do better in that game because he has zero pocket presence. The o-line can't handle the browns, what makes you think that this balitmore defense is going to let up against Vick? Vick looked very bad for 4 quarters, not just a couple. I'm personally going to put a large portion of my bankroll on Ravens to control both sides of the ball. This game is won 8/10 times by ravens. Give me the better odds for this one at plus money. Good luck to whoever bets this game. This one will be won by the Ravens 27-17 
     
    dddevin69
    dddevin69
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1011
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2012 - 5:33 AM ET #19

    Philly =  INCOMPETENT ORGANIZATION.      Dallas fan looking down on da Eagles with disdain and contempt.

    It's a JOKE that baltimore isn't favored by at least......3 points or more.

    Reply
    Philly =  INCOMPETENT ORGANIZATION.      Dallas fan looking down on da Eagles with disdain and contempt.

    It's a JOKE that baltimore isn't favored by at least......3 points or more.

     
    Jlavin
    Jlavin
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 219
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2012 - 4:27 PM ET #20

    Ok,  first, Ravens not NEARLY as good in away games or non-divisional games; Second, first week means little in the long run; Third, Philly is a week up, week down team, and so is Baltimore.   Philly -3 is teh play.
    Reply
    Ok,  first, Ravens not NEARLY as good in away games or non-divisional games; Second, first week means little in the long run; Third, Philly is a week up, week down team, and so is Baltimore.   Philly -3 is teh play.
     
    mellowman7883
    mellowman7883
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 746
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2012 - 11:13 PM ET #21

    Exactly Lavin,  I remember last year when they screwed me on the road in Seattle or was it Jacksonville? Anyways, I am going to wait until I see how they handle a road game.  They play 30 less  good on the road. Even though the Eagles look like shit so far I am refraining from betting until I see some improvement on the road by Baltimore.
    Reply
    Exactly Lavin,  I remember last year when they screwed me on the road in Seattle or was it Jacksonville? Anyways, I am going to wait until I see how they handle a road game.  They play 30 less  good on the road. Even though the Eagles look like shit so far I am refraining from betting until I see some improvement on the road by Baltimore.
     
    mellowman7883
    mellowman7883
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 746
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2012 - 11:20 PM ET #22

    Although I really like Baltimore here the unknown of how they are going to play on the road is keeping  out of this one. I love the hurry up offense. Cyrus is probably right and makes lots of good points.  After missing out on that NE game because of the ''too easy'' lines, I have decided on sticking with stats and other indicators and not worrying about what the fuck vegas is thinking. Only laying off because of past letdowns by Baltimore on the road. 
    Reply
    Although I really like Baltimore here the unknown of how they are going to play on the road is keeping  out of this one. I love the hurry up offense. Cyrus is probably right and makes lots of good points.  After missing out on that NE game because of the ''too easy'' lines, I have decided on sticking with stats and other indicators and not worrying about what the fuck vegas is thinking. Only laying off because of past letdowns by Baltimore on the road. 
     
    mellowman7883
    mellowman7883
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 746
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2012 - 11:25 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnie72:

    Philly may play better and its tough to win there but the Ravens are playing with purpose, like Balt LB better than philly and front 4 about even, would give lean to Balt if Suggs there, rb are even Philly has better wr but Vick is def a liability, if he runs he better have that jacket on, Start warming up Mr Foles

    Ravens +2.5

    I think Foles would be a serious improvement to Vick.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnie72:

    Philly may play better and its tough to win there but the Ravens are playing with purpose, like Balt LB better than philly and front 4 about even, would give lean to Balt if Suggs there, rb are even Philly has better wr but Vick is def a liability, if he runs he better have that jacket on, Start warming up Mr Foles

    Ravens +2.5

    I think Foles would be a serious improvement to Vick.
     
    bigrazz
    bigrazz
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2012 - 4:31 AM ET #24

    I'm from baltimore n a big raven fan. "checkmate" made some great points. The line is fishy with the$$ on Baltimore and Philly is still-2. I really think Philly n Vick go with lots of 3step dropback quick short passes to take away the passrush n that helps the run. Flacco is for real. I had a front row seat watching him get better n better. The staff are finally letting him lose. With the no huddle,calling audible's,throwing over the middle,taken deep shots. Trust me I never seen him call an audible untill late last year. I'll have the ravens on a 3team 10point teaser with the pats n steelers.                                                                                                                                                           @jlavin the ravens went 12n4 last year. That's not a up n down team.                                                                                                                       Anyways I can see either team winning and kinda leaning for Philly to win but a very slight lean... Good luck everybody
    Reply
    I'm from baltimore n a big raven fan. "checkmate" made some great points. The line is fishy with the$$ on Baltimore and Philly is still-2. I really think Philly n Vick go with lots of 3step dropback quick short passes to take away the passrush n that helps the run. Flacco is for real. I had a front row seat watching him get better n better. The staff are finally letting him lose. With the no huddle,calling audible's,throwing over the middle,taken deep shots. Trust me I never seen him call an audible untill late last year. I'll have the ravens on a 3team 10point teaser with the pats n steelers.                                                                                                                                                           @jlavin the ravens went 12n4 last year. That's not a up n down team.                                                                                                                       Anyways I can see either team winning and kinda leaning for Philly to win but a very slight lean... Good luck everybody
     
     
    bkg1010
    bkg1010
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 5818
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2012 - 11:22 AM ET #25

    Ravens +2.5 seems like a gift !  
    Reply
    Ravens +2.5 seems like a gift !  
    All Forums | Pro Football
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,710
    • Monday 09/28/2026 812
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,194
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,827
    • PART DEUX 271
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,284
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,004
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,458
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,674
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,424

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.