A new pact with Denmark grants the US complete and permanent security control in Greenland and blocks rivals from Arctic investments..
Secretary of State Marco Rubio told Fox News Digital that the agreement "permanently guarantees U.S. security interests in the Arctic at zero cost to the U.S. taxpayer."
The United States already operates Pituffik Space Base in northwest Greenland under a defense agreement with Denmark dating to 1951.
"We will immediately begin the process of developing a large Military presence in the appropriate part of Greenland," Trump wrote on Truth Social..
That's the way you do it...I knew Denmark would come around...
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
A new pact with Denmark grants the US complete and permanent security control in Greenland and blocks rivals from Arctic investments..
Secretary of State Marco Rubio told Fox News Digital that the agreement "permanently guarantees U.S. security interests in the Arctic at zero cost to the U.S. taxpayer."
The United States already operates Pituffik Space Base in northwest Greenland under a defense agreement with Denmark dating to 1951.
"We will immediately begin the process of developing a large Military presence in the appropriate part of Greenland," Trump wrote on Truth Social..
That's the way you do it...I knew Denmark would come around...
Wasn’t there a story lately that some billionaire close to Trump had started bribing Greenland officials ? I could see something like that affect their decision to give you what you have always had - maybe it is due to the midterm elections - who knows
Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
Wasn’t there a story lately that some billionaire close to Trump had started bribing Greenland officials ? I could see something like that affect their decision to give you what you have always had - maybe it is due to the midterm elections - who knows
No text of the agreement has been released. Trump said the deal came with "no cost to the United States" and would grant the US the ability "to do what is necessary" to "secure and defend the security of Greenland"
He said it included a rule that no US adversary could maintain a military presence in Greenland or "make sensitive investments in Greenland, without our express written approval".
This is a big deal = Among the agreed provisions is one stating the deal would not expire even if Greenland became an independent country in the future.
No text of the agreement has been released. Trump said the deal came with "no cost to the United States" and would grant the US the ability "to do what is necessary" to "secure and defend the security of Greenland"
He said it included a rule that no US adversary could maintain a military presence in Greenland or "make sensitive investments in Greenland, without our express written approval".
This is a big deal = Among the agreed provisions is one stating the deal would not expire even if Greenland became an independent country in the future.
So the same deal we have had for 80 years ? Btw Denmark doesn’t decide - Greenlanders do
Without the official text being released, it is unclear how exactly the deal differs from a 1951 agreement with Denmark, under which the US can send as many troops as it wants to Greenland
Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:
So the same deal we have had for 80 years ? Btw Denmark doesn’t decide - Greenlanders do
Without the official text being released, it is unclear how exactly the deal differs from a 1951 agreement with Denmark, under which the US can send as many troops as it wants to Greenland
Greenlandic people’ have a right to self-determination..........as long as The US approves of it .. Greenland sure needed Denmark there at the negating table to do so well......................
We are allies your tard ! You basically just promised you would pay to invest in our ressources and defend it on our behalf ! And Denmark is there because it is officially part of our country doesn’t mean we own them or decide on their behalf - it is the same with the Faroe Islands etc. - it is more than 30 years ago we sat them “free” so don’t have much to do with Trump really
Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:
Greenlandic people’ have a right to self-determination..........as long as The US approves of it .. Greenland sure needed Denmark there at the negating table to do so well......................
We are allies your tard ! You basically just promised you would pay to invest in our ressources and defend it on our behalf ! And Denmark is there because it is officially part of our country doesn’t mean we own them or decide on their behalf - it is the same with the Faroe Islands etc. - it is more than 30 years ago we sat them “free” so don’t have much to do with Trump really
..................... We are allies your tard ! You basically just promised you would pay to invest in our ressources and defend it on our behalf ! And Denmark is there because it is officially part of our country doesn’t mean we own them or decide on their behalf - it is the same with the Faroe Islands etc. - it is more than 30 years ago we sat them “free” so don’t have much to do with Trump really
It would help the flow of our conversation ...if there were less tards floating around ...agree
Greenland's premier opposes sovereignty transfers, but Greenland's government does not control the defense pact. Denmark does. And Denmark, whatever its public posture, is sitting at the table.
Among the agreed provisions is one
Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:
..................... We are allies your tard ! You basically just promised you would pay to invest in our ressources and defend it on our behalf ! And Denmark is there because it is officially part of our country doesn’t mean we own them or decide on their behalf - it is the same with the Faroe Islands etc. - it is more than 30 years ago we sat them “free” so don’t have much to do with Trump really
It would help the flow of our conversation ...if there were less tards floating around ...agree
Greenland's premier opposes sovereignty transfers, but Greenland's government does not control the defense pact. Denmark does. And Denmark, whatever its public posture, is sitting at the table.
If you say retarded stuff - I will call you a retard ! Trump is so stupid he can barely tie his shoes - Mette Frederiksen is one of the most influential persons in Europe and basically in the world - she will play Trump like a fucking violin - try look into her history
Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
If you say retarded stuff - I will call you a retard ! Trump is so stupid he can barely tie his shoes - Mette Frederiksen is one of the most influential persons in Europe and basically in the world - she will play Trump like a fucking violin - try look into her history
So as soon as it was decided it is a subject taking diplomatically it was basically just a question how much you should pay us for our troubles of teaching you a lesson
Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
So as soon as it was decided it is a subject taking diplomatically it was basically just a question how much you should pay us for our troubles of teaching you a lesson
I expect you to basically get the same rights you had before - maybe being a little bit more part of the decision making on who invest in Greenland - but that has basically never been a problem - you have already once said a Chinese company couldn’t - which we accepted and declined the offer ! So I have a hard time seeing what benefit you have now that you wouldn’t have had for the past 80 years ! At least not one you couldn’t have had if you just had talked with us ! Now we set some terms that we probably wouldn’t have otherwise
Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
I expect you to basically get the same rights you had before - maybe being a little bit more part of the decision making on who invest in Greenland - but that has basically never been a problem - you have already once said a Chinese company couldn’t - which we accepted and declined the offer ! So I have a hard time seeing what benefit you have now that you wouldn’t have had for the past 80 years ! At least not one you couldn’t have had if you just had talked with us ! Now we set some terms that we probably wouldn’t have otherwise
If you say retarded stuff - I will call you a retard ! Trump is so stupid he can barely tie his shoes - Mette Frederiksen is one of the most influential persons in Europe and basically in the world - she will play Trump like a fucking violin - try look into her history
Calde13,if you can't refrain or think of another synonym for the r-word,,,,in your wide array of knowledge....I'll have to challenge to a duel...............
@Calde13
Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:
If you say retarded stuff - I will call you a retard ! Trump is so stupid he can barely tie his shoes - Mette Frederiksen is one of the most influential persons in Europe and basically in the world - she will play Trump like a fucking violin - try look into her history
Calde13,if you can't refrain or think of another synonym for the r-word,,,,in your wide array of knowledge....I'll have to challenge to a duel...............
@Calde13 Quote Originally Posted by Calde13: If you say retarded stuff - I will call you a retard ! Trump is so stupid he can barely tie his shoes - Mette Frederiksen is one of the most influential persons in Europe and basically in the world - she will play Trump like a fucking violin - try look into her history Calde13,if you can't refrain or think of another synonym for the r-word,,,,in your wide array of knowledge....I'll have to challenge to a duel...............
Are you allowed to spend the 5000 dollars you will get after midterms in Greenland?
We should stop eating bananas.
Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:
@Calde13 Quote Originally Posted by Calde13: If you say retarded stuff - I will call you a retard ! Trump is so stupid he can barely tie his shoes - Mette Frederiksen is one of the most influential persons in Europe and basically in the world - she will play Trump like a fucking violin - try look into her history Calde13,if you can't refrain or think of another synonym for the r-word,,,,in your wide array of knowledge....I'll have to challenge to a duel...............
Are you allowed to spend the 5000 dollars you will get after midterms in Greenland?
`What I see as a benefit ,that was not in the 1951 agreement ....and something that is very important to the USA..... Any new projects, like a protective dome, would require further negotiations with Denmark. This then formally seals the deal and allows a go ahead.
And we would say “no” based on what ? Do you even know how many military personal etc you had there during the Cold War ? If anything we consider Russia more a threat now than back then ! Why should I find another word than retard - retard is a fine word to describe what I mean I do promise to stop saying retard if you stop acting retarded - how does that sound?
Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:
`What I see as a benefit ,that was not in the 1951 agreement ....and something that is very important to the USA..... Any new projects, like a protective dome, would require further negotiations with Denmark. This then formally seals the deal and allows a go ahead.
And we would say “no” based on what ? Do you even know how many military personal etc you had there during the Cold War ? If anything we consider Russia more a threat now than back then ! Why should I find another word than retard - retard is a fine word to describe what I mean I do promise to stop saying retard if you stop acting retarded - how does that sound?
Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim: `What I see as a benefit ,that was not in the 1951 agreement ....and something that is very important to the USA..... Any new projects, like a protective dome, would require further negotiations with Denmark. This then formally seals the deal and allows a go ahead. And we would say “no” based on what ? Do you even know how many military personal etc you had there during the Cold War ? If anything we consider Russia more a threat now than back then ! Why should I find another word than retard - retard is a fine word to describe what I mean I do promise to stop saying retard if you stop acting retarded - how does that sound?
You are very hurtful to people who have friends ,family members or love ones with intellectual disabilities,that they love..
@Calde13
Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:
Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim: `What I see as a benefit ,that was not in the 1951 agreement ....and something that is very important to the USA..... Any new projects, like a protective dome, would require further negotiations with Denmark. This then formally seals the deal and allows a go ahead. And we would say “no” based on what ? Do you even know how many military personal etc you had there during the Cold War ? If anything we consider Russia more a threat now than back then ! Why should I find another word than retard - retard is a fine word to describe what I mean I do promise to stop saying retard if you stop acting retarded - how does that sound?
You are very hurtful to people who have friends ,family members or love ones with intellectual disabilities,that they love..
Why ? For me retard is basically just slang for “idiot” (I don’t even for a second think about people with disabilities when I say “retard”)- people with disabilities - do you know how I talk to them and about them - No different than I would any “normal” person ! It is people like you that are the reason it is wrong to call black people “black” - it is only “wrong” because people like you see down on them - for me it doesn’t fucking matter if you are black, if you have whatever fucking disability or who you choose to fuck - as long as you behave nicely I will treat you nicely
Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
Why ? For me retard is basically just slang for “idiot” (I don’t even for a second think about people with disabilities when I say “retard”)- people with disabilities - do you know how I talk to them and about them - No different than I would any “normal” person ! It is people like you that are the reason it is wrong to call black people “black” - it is only “wrong” because people like you see down on them - for me it doesn’t fucking matter if you are black, if you have whatever fucking disability or who you choose to fuck - as long as you behave nicely I will treat you nicely
If any of you out there have loved ones with disabilities - I am sorry you live in a country where the population think it is necessary to screen you for that r-word — that will solve the problem am I right guys ? Rather than just treating them like everyone else - and they wouldn’t fucking care what you called them (if you even had that weird urge of calling them anything specific as a group of people) — and with that apology out of the way I can again call you retard all I want when you act retarded?
Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
If any of you out there have loved ones with disabilities - I am sorry you live in a country where the population think it is necessary to screen you for that r-word — that will solve the problem am I right guys ? Rather than just treating them like everyone else - and they wouldn’t fucking care what you called them (if you even had that weird urge of calling them anything specific as a group of people) — and with that apology out of the way I can again call you retard all I want when you act retarded?