• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Penalty Box

    2011 SUPER BOWL WRITE - UP

    12345 Next Last»
    URISS2302
    gers
    Iw1nBets
    leeboy
    Getty3
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2285
    Posts: 121
    12345 Next Last»
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 7:05 AM ET #1

       Hey Guys, for those of you who don not like me please don't bash this thread, bump another thread of mine if you must and bash there... Thanks...ALOT of time and effort I'm putting into this...


    2 Weeks Ago I made 2 Plays on Green Bay and the Over... This morning I bought off both plays after 2 weeks of debating back and froth and going through the numbers and what my eyes have seen... My heart wants GB to win which is where I initially put my money but I'm smarter than that... I'm making a play on Pittsburgh LARGE @ +3 1/2 (hook) and here is why.... This is a 10 Unit play for me

    I believe we have the 2 best Teams represented in the Super Bowl this year... As far as Overall Team Efficiency Pittsburgh ranks Number 2 in total DVOA at 37.3% and Green Bay Ranks Number 3 in Total DVOA at 27.3%... (New England was number 1 at 44.7%)...

    As far as defensive efficiency these 2 teams rank Pitt #1 and GB #2... Pittsburgh's total Defensive DVOA is -18.5% which is significantly better than GB's who is at -10.8%... Thats a bif difference as far as %'s go and the reason is because of rush defense... Green Bay Ranks at 16th at -1.8% where as Pittsburgh ranks an astonishing -27.7% which is good for Number ONE in the League...Just o give you an idea of how good that is the NYJ rank 2nd at -19.5%...  Now... This is the Super bowl and what I have learned in years past is that this particular efficiency chart is very important... Green Bay will Not be able to run today.  Not only do they lack the talent at RB, but Pittsburgh is just way to good... Now, I am sure Green Bay is WELL AWARE of this.  So what will they do to try and counter this... Well there are only a few things they can do... Number One is Bubble Screens... Number Two is short screens to RB and pass' to the flats.  Will this be successful?  I believe NO and here is why.... When it comes to covering the flats and short screens and bubble screens you need to have a very good OPEN FIELD defense... Pittsburgh RANKS NUMBER 1 in Open Field defense at 0.17 Yards and they are Number 2 defensively in second level yards at 0.85...  Pittsburgh's Defensive line also ranks #1 in the NFL (Green Bay ranks 20th)  Now Both Pittsburgh and Green Bay have good defenses BUT Pittsburgh's defense is SIGNIFICANTLY better... Pittsburgh also leads the NFL with 48 sacks and an adjusted sack rate of 8.3%... Will Rodgers be able to counter act Pittsburgh's success against the rush? the screen? and pass rush?  I believe the answer is no... Its just too many intangibles that favor Pittsburgh substantially.. PLUS Green Bay's offensive line ranks 23rd in the NFL and 23 in sacks given up... This is a HUGE problem going up against Pittsburgh... ESPECIALLY since the weakness of GB is the Strength of Pittsburgh.

    What I believe will take place... Pittsburgh is going to run early and often and take advantage of the weakness of Green Bay which is stopping the run... Green Bay is pretty darn good against the pass so Pittsburgh needs to run the ball ALOT and force GB to drop that extra man... If Pittsburgh can do this, Green Bay is in trouble... I believe they will...  If this game some how turns into a shoot out, Green Bay has the edge...  I don't think Pittsburgh will alow this to happen... I can only hope and pray That Pittsburgh pounds pounds and pounds... This will open up the field significantly and create a huge problem for Green bay...

    As far as Team offensive efficiency most would think that Green Bay is better... They are not... Pittsburgh ranks Number 5 and Green Bay #7... Not a big discrepancy, so at best they are even... i don't see anywhere on the field where Green bay is better than Pittsburgh... Even Special Teams ... Pittsburgh 16th and Green Bay is 27th...

    Like I said I want green Bay to win which is why I made an average play on GB and the over... I bought off both plays, as they were both made prematurely and with out even looking at the game... So, I am going LARGE on the Steelers... And I'm going to make some real fucking money tonight... The better team is clearly getting points guys... there is no debate here... take the fucking points,  A LOT will have to go wrong for Green Bay to win in my opinion... Its way more probable based on numbers and match-ups that Pittsburgh win SU... Now ask yourself, why are they getting pionts????


    Pittsburgh Steelers + 3 1/2 (hook) **********10 Units


    BOL Guys  I wish you all GL

     
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
       Hey Guys, for those of you who don not like me please don't bash this thread, bump another thread of mine if you must and bash there... Thanks...ALOT of time and effort I'm putting into this...


    2 Weeks Ago I made 2 Plays on Green Bay and the Over... This morning I bought off both plays after 2 weeks of debating back and froth and going through the numbers and what my eyes have seen... My heart wants GB to win which is where I initially put my money but I'm smarter than that... I'm making a play on Pittsburgh LARGE @ +3 1/2 (hook) and here is why.... This is a 10 Unit play for me

    I believe we have the 2 best Teams represented in the Super Bowl this year... As far as Overall Team Efficiency Pittsburgh ranks Number 2 in total DVOA at 37.3% and Green Bay Ranks Number 3 in Total DVOA at 27.3%... (New England was number 1 at 44.7%)...

    As far as defensive efficiency these 2 teams rank Pitt #1 and GB #2... Pittsburgh's total Defensive DVOA is -18.5% which is significantly better than GB's who is at -10.8%... Thats a bif difference as far as %'s go and the reason is because of rush defense... Green Bay Ranks at 16th at -1.8% where as Pittsburgh ranks an astonishing -27.7% which is good for Number ONE in the League...Just o give you an idea of how good that is the NYJ rank 2nd at -19.5%...  Now... This is the Super bowl and what I have learned in years past is that this particular efficiency chart is very important... Green Bay will Not be able to run today.  Not only do they lack the talent at RB, but Pittsburgh is just way to good... Now, I am sure Green Bay is WELL AWARE of this.  So what will they do to try and counter this... Well there are only a few things they can do... Number One is Bubble Screens... Number Two is short screens to RB and pass' to the flats.  Will this be successful?  I believe NO and here is why.... When it comes to covering the flats and short screens and bubble screens you need to have a very good OPEN FIELD defense... Pittsburgh RANKS NUMBER 1 in Open Field defense at 0.17 Yards and they are Number 2 defensively in second level yards at 0.85...  Pittsburgh's Defensive line also ranks #1 in the NFL (Green Bay ranks 20th)  Now Both Pittsburgh and Green Bay have good defenses BUT Pittsburgh's defense is SIGNIFICANTLY better... Pittsburgh also leads the NFL with 48 sacks and an adjusted sack rate of 8.3%... Will Rodgers be able to counter act Pittsburgh's success against the rush? the screen? and pass rush?  I believe the answer is no... Its just too many intangibles that favor Pittsburgh substantially.. PLUS Green Bay's offensive line ranks 23rd in the NFL and 23 in sacks given up... This is a HUGE problem going up against Pittsburgh... ESPECIALLY since the weakness of GB is the Strength of Pittsburgh.

    What I believe will take place... Pittsburgh is going to run early and often and take advantage of the weakness of Green Bay which is stopping the run... Green Bay is pretty darn good against the pass so Pittsburgh needs to run the ball ALOT and force GB to drop that extra man... If Pittsburgh can do this, Green Bay is in trouble... I believe they will...  If this game some how turns into a shoot out, Green Bay has the edge...  I don't think Pittsburgh will alow this to happen... I can only hope and pray That Pittsburgh pounds pounds and pounds... This will open up the field significantly and create a huge problem for Green bay...

    As far as Team offensive efficiency most would think that Green Bay is better... They are not... Pittsburgh ranks Number 5 and Green Bay #7... Not a big discrepancy, so at best they are even... i don't see anywhere on the field where Green bay is better than Pittsburgh... Even Special Teams ... Pittsburgh 16th and Green Bay is 27th...

    Like I said I want green Bay to win which is why I made an average play on GB and the over... I bought off both plays, as they were both made prematurely and with out even looking at the game... So, I am going LARGE on the Steelers... And I'm going to make some real fucking money tonight... The better team is clearly getting points guys... there is no debate here... take the fucking points,  A LOT will have to go wrong for Green Bay to win in my opinion... Its way more probable based on numbers and match-ups that Pittsburgh win SU... Now ask yourself, why are they getting pionts????


    Pittsburgh Steelers + 3 1/2 (hook) **********10 Units


    BOL Guys  I wish you all GL

     
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 7:18 AM ET #2

    This game will also go Under, but I'm not playing it
    Reply
    This game will also go Under, but I'm not playing it
     
    gers
    gers
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 8807
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 7:27 AM ET #3

    Reply
     
    gers
    gers
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 8807
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 7:28 AM ET #4

    Cheers
    Good Luck
    Reply
    Cheers
    Good Luck
     
    Iw1nBets
    Iw1nBets
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 58493
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 7:29 AM ET #5

    I dont know guy. I head green Bays qb some white dude is suppose to be pretty good

    And that was when they didnt even have any kind of running game

    Reply

    I dont know guy. I head green Bays qb some white dude is suppose to be pretty good

    And that was when they didnt even have any kind of running game

     
    Iw1nBets
    Iw1nBets
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 58493
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 7:30 AM ET #6

    And I was gonna fuck with ou uriss and give ya shit but I dare didnt risk pissing you off and ending up on one of those hilarious bitcvh trains you make. Those are maybe the funniest things Ive seen on here
    Reply
    And I was gonna fuck with ou uriss and give ya shit but I dare didnt risk pissing you off and ending up on one of those hilarious bitcvh trains you make. Those are maybe the funniest things Ive seen on here
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 7:52 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Iw1nBets:

    I dont know guy. I head green Bays qb some white dude is suppose to be pretty good

    And that was when they didnt even have any kind of running game

      It won't be enough, I promise... unless Pittsburgh tuns the ball over a few times and changes field position in favor of Green bay more than twice i dont see GB pulling out the win... This is unlikely especially since mendenhall has fumbled only TWICE all year and Ben has thrown only 5 picks


    Unless Green Bay signed a 26 year old Marcus Allen last night... they will have NO RUNNING GAME
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Iw1nBets:

    I dont know guy. I head green Bays qb some white dude is suppose to be pretty good

    And that was when they didnt even have any kind of running game

      It won't be enough, I promise... unless Pittsburgh tuns the ball over a few times and changes field position in favor of Green bay more than twice i dont see GB pulling out the win... This is unlikely especially since mendenhall has fumbled only TWICE all year and Ben has thrown only 5 picks


    Unless Green Bay signed a 26 year old Marcus Allen last night... they will have NO RUNNING GAME
     
    leeboy
    leeboy
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 1139
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 8:11 AM ET #8

    Uriss, fantastic write up and I am on the Steelers ML and the Under, good luck and I was hoping you would be out by today. Sammy.
    Reply
    Uriss, fantastic write up and I am on the Steelers ML and the Under, good luck and I was hoping you would be out by today. Sammy.
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 8:20 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by leeboy:

    Uriss, fantastic write up and I am on the Steelers ML and the Under, good luck and I was hoping you would be out by today. Sammy.
    GL bud... If you can do me a favor and if my initial thread I started in the mains gets bumped, please inform those I am not on the Packers
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboy:

    Uriss, fantastic write up and I am on the Steelers ML and the Under, good luck and I was hoping you would be out by today. Sammy.
    GL bud... If you can do me a favor and if my initial thread I started in the mains gets bumped, please inform those I am not on the Packers
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 8:44 AM ET #10

    Same story here. My heart wants Green Bay, my head says Pittsburgh for the win. I'm playing the 1st quarter under 7.5 (1q under has hit 10 of 11 years) and a few small props. Good Luck to you

    Reply

    Same story here. My heart wants Green Bay, my head says Pittsburgh for the win. I'm playing the 1st quarter under 7.5 (1q under has hit 10 of 11 years) and a few small props. Good Luck to you

     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 10:14 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Same story here. My heart wants Green Bay, my head says Pittsburgh for the win. I'm playing the 1st quarter under 7.5 (1q under has hit 10 of 11 years) and a few small props. Good Luck to you

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Same story here. My heart wants Green Bay, my head says Pittsburgh for the win. I'm playing the 1st quarter under 7.5 (1q under has hit 10 of 11 years) and a few small props. Good Luck to you

     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 10:24 AM ET #12

    I was going to do a detailed write-up but need to run out for a bit.

    Here is the flaw in your in-depth report (which was pretty impressive) …

    Pitts D-line is without question dominant against the run … but I believe that GB will attack Pitt by spreading them out with 4 wides. If GB only gets 2 yards per carry, it will not be a disaster for them simply because their success will come from throwing the ball.

    On the other side you have Pitt's O-line sans its best player in Pouncey. I don't know if the Steelers will be able to take advantage of GB's average run defense. If they can't, and only run for a 2 yard average, will Pitt be able to have success relying on the pass? I don't think so.

    IMO, this game comes down to GB's passing vs Pitt's secondary … and Pitt's passing vs GB's secondary. Big advantage for the Packers.

    GL with your play 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    I was going to do a detailed write-up but need to run out for a bit.

    Here is the flaw in your in-depth report (which was pretty impressive) …

    Pitts D-line is without question dominant against the run … but I believe that GB will attack Pitt by spreading them out with 4 wides. If GB only gets 2 yards per carry, it will not be a disaster for them simply because their success will come from throwing the ball.

    On the other side you have Pitt's O-line sans its best player in Pouncey. I don't know if the Steelers will be able to take advantage of GB's average run defense. If they can't, and only run for a 2 yard average, will Pitt be able to have success relying on the pass? I don't think so.

    IMO, this game comes down to GB's passing vs Pitt's secondary … and Pitt's passing vs GB's secondary. Big advantage for the Packers.

    GL with your play 
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 10:34 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    I was going to do a detailed write-up but need to run out for a bit.

    Here is the flaw in your in-depth report (which was pretty impressive) …

    Pitts D-line is without question dominant against the run … but I believe that GB will attack Pitt by spreading them out with 4 wides. If GB only gets 2 yards per carry, it will not be a disaster for them simply because their success will come from throwing the ball.

    On the other side you have Pitt's O-line sans its best player in Pouncey. I don't know if the Steelers will be able to take advantage of GB's average run defense. If they can't, and only run for a 2 yard average, will Pitt be able to have success relying on the pass? I don't think so.

    IMO, this game comes down to GB's passing vs Pitt's secondary … and Pitt's passing vs GB's secondary. Big advantage for the Packers.

    GL with your play 
      Yes that is basically what they will do, but with their horrible offensive line against the pass rush and defensive line of Pittsburgh, I dont think that will be successful... Its kind of like how the Patriots try and beat the Jets, but are not very successful... If Green Bay just plays 4 wide all game they will turn the ball over more than once, especially with the rush... Just my opinion

    I don't think Ben will be in a shoot out with Rodgers today, I truly dont... With 2 weeks to prepare I have to assume that the coaching staff of the steelers are aware that this will not be good for them... I highly doubt Pittsburgh does anything more than pound the ball, pick up first downs, and stay on the field
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    I was going to do a detailed write-up but need to run out for a bit.

    Here is the flaw in your in-depth report (which was pretty impressive) …

    Pitts D-line is without question dominant against the run … but I believe that GB will attack Pitt by spreading them out with 4 wides. If GB only gets 2 yards per carry, it will not be a disaster for them simply because their success will come from throwing the ball.

    On the other side you have Pitt's O-line sans its best player in Pouncey. I don't know if the Steelers will be able to take advantage of GB's average run defense. If they can't, and only run for a 2 yard average, will Pitt be able to have success relying on the pass? I don't think so.

    IMO, this game comes down to GB's passing vs Pitt's secondary … and Pitt's passing vs GB's secondary. Big advantage for the Packers.

    GL with your play 
      Yes that is basically what they will do, but with their horrible offensive line against the pass rush and defensive line of Pittsburgh, I dont think that will be successful... Its kind of like how the Patriots try and beat the Jets, but are not very successful... If Green Bay just plays 4 wide all game they will turn the ball over more than once, especially with the rush... Just my opinion

    I don't think Ben will be in a shoot out with Rodgers today, I truly dont... With 2 weeks to prepare I have to assume that the coaching staff of the steelers are aware that this will not be good for them... I highly doubt Pittsburgh does anything more than pound the ball, pick up first downs, and stay on the field
     
    heatformer
    heatformer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 2714
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 10:36 AM ET #14

    In chains again, good luck with your pick

    Reply

    In chains again, good luck with your pick

     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 10:42 AM ET #15

    How will Pitt pound the ball without their best O-lineman?
    Their line was less than average to begin with.

    Most people believe that Pitt pushed the Jets around in the first half 2 weeks ago … the reality is there were only 2 significant holes to run through, the other times the Jets had multiple players in Pitts backfield, the RB's just did a great job of breaking tackles coupled with the Jets having their worst tackling half of the year. Pitt's offensive line is a weakness.

    I could be wrong … but to me the Steelers will need to stay balanced in order to win this game … run just enough to keep GB honest … but they will need success throwing the ball.
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    How will Pitt pound the ball without their best O-lineman?
    Their line was less than average to begin with.

    Most people believe that Pitt pushed the Jets around in the first half 2 weeks ago … the reality is there were only 2 significant holes to run through, the other times the Jets had multiple players in Pitts backfield, the RB's just did a great job of breaking tackles coupled with the Jets having their worst tackling half of the year. Pitt's offensive line is a weakness.

    I could be wrong … but to me the Steelers will need to stay balanced in order to win this game … run just enough to keep GB honest … but they will need success throwing the ball.
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 10:51 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    How will Pitt pound the ball without their best O-lineman?
    Their line was less than average to begin with.

    Most people believe that Pitt pushed the Jets around in the first half 2 weeks ago … the reality is there were only 2 significant holes to run through, the other times the Jets had multiple players in Pitts backfield, the RB's just did a great job of breaking tackles coupled with the Jets having their worst tackling half of the year. Pitt's offensive line is a weakness.

    I could be wrong … but to me the Steelers will need to stay balanced in order to win this game … run just enough to keep GB honest … but they will need success throwing the ball.
      Yes those are all fair points and accurate... The ONLY weakness on Pittsburgh is their O-Line... but that weakness presents itself with the Packers as well... The reason why I side with Pittsburgh is because Green Bay's weakness on D is stopping the run... And even though Pitts O-Line is mediocre at best, their is not a huge threat with a rush defense like their is a threat when playing the rush defense of the Jets... Green Bay ranks 2oth in the NFL in run blocking and give up over 4 yards p/ rush... GB's STUFFED rank is also 28th (Not good)...   I could be wrong as well, but thats basically the way I'm looking at it ... cheers bro, bol today
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    How will Pitt pound the ball without their best O-lineman?
    Their line was less than average to begin with.

    Most people believe that Pitt pushed the Jets around in the first half 2 weeks ago … the reality is there were only 2 significant holes to run through, the other times the Jets had multiple players in Pitts backfield, the RB's just did a great job of breaking tackles coupled with the Jets having their worst tackling half of the year. Pitt's offensive line is a weakness.

    I could be wrong … but to me the Steelers will need to stay balanced in order to win this game … run just enough to keep GB honest … but they will need success throwing the ball.
      Yes those are all fair points and accurate... The ONLY weakness on Pittsburgh is their O-Line... but that weakness presents itself with the Packers as well... The reason why I side with Pittsburgh is because Green Bay's weakness on D is stopping the run... And even though Pitts O-Line is mediocre at best, their is not a huge threat with a rush defense like their is a threat when playing the rush defense of the Jets... Green Bay ranks 2oth in the NFL in run blocking and give up over 4 yards p/ rush... GB's STUFFED rank is also 28th (Not good)...   I could be wrong as well, but thats basically the way I'm looking at it ... cheers bro, bol today
     
    Cyrax
    Cyrax
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 26546
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 10:59 AM ET #17

    I have a feeling you might win with that Hook...
    Reply
    I have a feeling you might win with that Hook...
     
    humbleness1235
    humbleness1235
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 10185
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 11:01 AM ET #18

    GREAT WRITEUP URISS...I PLAYED THE PACK IN THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR TO WIN IT ALL AT +1200...I AM GONNA HEDGE IT TODAY BECAUSE I HAVE A FEELING THIS ONE COULD GO EITHER WAY...ALSO IF YOU LIKE PROP BETS THIS ONE SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF EVERYONES LIST: AARON RODGERS TO BE SACKED O 2.5 TIMES...$1K BET FOR ME! GL
    Reply
    GREAT WRITEUP URISS...I PLAYED THE PACK IN THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR TO WIN IT ALL AT +1200...I AM GONNA HEDGE IT TODAY BECAUSE I HAVE A FEELING THIS ONE COULD GO EITHER WAY...ALSO IF YOU LIKE PROP BETS THIS ONE SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF EVERYONES LIST: AARON RODGERS TO BE SACKED O 2.5 TIMES...$1K BET FOR ME! GL
     
    humbleness1235
    humbleness1235
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 10185
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 11:09 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by humbleness1235:

    GREAT WRITEUP URISS...I PLAYED THE PACK IN THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR TO WIN IT ALL AT +1200...I AM GONNA HEDGE IT TODAY BECAUSE I HAVE A FEELING THIS ONE COULD GO EITHER WAY...ALSO IF YOU LIKE PROP BETS THIS ONE SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF EVERYONES LIST: AARON RODGERS TO BE SACKED O 2.5 TIMES...$1K BET FOR ME! GL
    SORRY IT IS AT 2 (-170)
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by humbleness1235:

    GREAT WRITEUP URISS...I PLAYED THE PACK IN THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR TO WIN IT ALL AT +1200...I AM GONNA HEDGE IT TODAY BECAUSE I HAVE A FEELING THIS ONE COULD GO EITHER WAY...ALSO IF YOU LIKE PROP BETS THIS ONE SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF EVERYONES LIST: AARON RODGERS TO BE SACKED O 2.5 TIMES...$1K BET FOR ME! GL
    SORRY IT IS AT 2 (-170)
     
    starwink
    starwink
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 24201
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 11:14 AM ET #20

      You couldn't even write your silly little shit without mentioning the J-E-T-S. 

      The Jets weren't that good Urpiss!!!

    Green Bay's speed will be seen on the carpet this afternoon.  GB loves the domed stadiums.  Throw out the Detroit game and you'll see total domination indoors.  Lots of points, too. 
    Reply
      You couldn't even write your silly little shit without mentioning the J-E-T-S. 

      The Jets weren't that good Urpiss!!!

    Green Bay's speed will be seen on the carpet this afternoon.  GB loves the domed stadiums.  Throw out the Detroit game and you'll see total domination indoors.  Lots of points, too. 
     
    captjohn67
    captjohn67
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 12821
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 11:18 AM ET #21

    nice hook  
    Reply
    nice hook  
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 11:18 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by starwink:

      You couldn't even write your silly little shit without mentioning the J-E-T-S. 

      The Jets weren't that good Urpiss!!!

    Green Bay's speed will be seen on the carpet this afternoon.  GB loves the domed stadiums.  Throw out the Detroit game and you'll see total domination indoors.  Lots of points, too. 
    I'm a Giants fan and hate the Jets... One of these days you might make a contribution to this forum, or at least I hope... "GB loves the domed stadiums"  "Lost of points too"  I wish I was your booky
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by starwink:

      You couldn't even write your silly little shit without mentioning the J-E-T-S. 

      The Jets weren't that good Urpiss!!!

    Green Bay's speed will be seen on the carpet this afternoon.  GB loves the domed stadiums.  Throw out the Detroit game and you'll see total domination indoors.  Lots of points, too. 
    I'm a Giants fan and hate the Jets... One of these days you might make a contribution to this forum, or at least I hope... "GB loves the domed stadiums"  "Lost of points too"  I wish I was your booky
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 11:24 AM ET #23

    And FYI starwink aka Tinker bell... Green Bay averages less points, less passing yards, less rushing yards, and less yards per play on turf then they do on grass... Pitts burgh averages more yards in all categories on turf then grass...

    "Green bay loves the dome"Do not fuck with me in the NFL I will make a fool of you
    Reply
    And FYI starwink aka Tinker bell... Green Bay averages less points, less passing yards, less rushing yards, and less yards per play on turf then they do on grass... Pitts burgh averages more yards in all categories on turf then grass...

    "Green bay loves the dome"Do not fuck with me in the NFL I will make a fool of you
     
    starwink
    starwink
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 24201
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 11:37 AM ET #24

    You're such an egotistical bastard Urpiss.  Do you really think you're an NFL expert? 

    Here's what "real NFL experts" think about this matchup. 
    Reply
    You're such an egotistical bastard Urpiss.  Do you really think you're an NFL expert? 

    Here's what "real NFL experts" think about this matchup. 
     
     
    starwink
    starwink
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 24201
    Posted: Feb. 6, 2011 - 11:39 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by URISS2302:

    And FYI starwink aka Tinker bell... Green Bay averages less points, less passing yards, less rushing yards, and less yards per play on turf then they do on grass... Pitts burgh averages more yards in all categories on turf then grass...

    "Green bay loves the dome"Do not fuck with me in the NFL I will make a fool of you




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by URISS2302:

    And FYI starwink aka Tinker bell... Green Bay averages less points, less passing yards, less rushing yards, and less yards per play on turf then they do on grass... Pitts burgh averages more yards in all categories on turf then grass...

    "Green bay loves the dome"Do not fuck with me in the NFL I will make a fool of you




    All Forums | Penalty Box
    12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,447
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 690
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,365
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,956
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,835
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,521
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,888
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,358
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,319
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,890

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.