*I have been getting a lot of pms about my betting method. Flat betting is simply betting the same amount each game no matter the odds. This betting method keeps you from losing big money on big favorites, as well, lets you cash in big when betting dogs. It just keeps things simple as well. Managing your bankroll is the most important thing in gambling. This may not be the most optimal method, but it has never failed me in 20 years.
The best way to make money at sports is to be honest with yourself and set realistic goals. If you have dreams of private jets and boats on the nile, just take a step back. You should aim to make a realistic number each year. Most people can live well on their own with 30-40k a year (after taxes), and with a family 50-70k (after taxes). I have always had a primary job and used sports as secondary income. As I made more with sports, I switched to part time work but never slacked in either job.
My point is it can be done as long as you set realistic achievable goals. Track your plays and treat sports betting like a real job, and you will get paid like a real job.
Patience, discipline, and perseverance are the key.
*I have been getting a lot of pms about my betting method. Flat betting is simply betting the same amount each game no matter the odds. This betting method keeps you from losing big money on big favorites, as well, lets you cash in big when betting dogs. It just keeps things simple as well. Managing your bankroll is the most important thing in gambling. This may not be the most optimal method, but it has never failed me in 20 years.
The best way to make money at sports is to be honest with yourself and set realistic goals. If you have dreams of private jets and boats on the nile, just take a step back. You should aim to make a realistic number each year. Most people can live well on their own with 30-40k a year (after taxes), and with a family 50-70k (after taxes). I have always had a primary job and used sports as secondary income. As I made more with sports, I switched to part time work but never slacked in either job.
My point is it can be done as long as you set realistic achievable goals. Track your plays and treat sports betting like a real job, and you will get paid like a real job.
Patience, discipline, and perseverance are the key.
Good Advice General, Good job last night. I don't know Hockey, and took a shot with following you. First time I ever sat through Hockey game. I am live in West Palm Beach Florida, Hockey is not popular.
Anyways Hockey is a fun game to watch! Gonna go with your picks tonight also.
Good luck!
Good Advice General, Good job last night. I don't know Hockey, and took a shot with following you. First time I ever sat through Hockey game. I am live in West Palm Beach Florida, Hockey is not popular.
Anyways Hockey is a fun game to watch! Gonna go with your picks tonight also.
I was wondering what websites do you use to gather information about hockey. Do you know any Advanced Stats Website? I used Extra Skater but now is Offline...
Any recomendations?
Regards.
Hey Gen!
I was wondering what websites do you use to gather information about hockey. Do you know any Advanced Stats Website? I used Extra Skater but now is Offline...
Hi guys. Welcome theelite! Yes hockey isn't really popular in Florida, but that's ok, you are always welcome to visit Canada!
Bythebay, if I don't select regulation, than it's not a play for me. It must be a very strong play for me to pick a team to win in regulation. Calgary is a hard working grinding team, and are full of confidence. I still have capped Columbus to win, but I am going to be cautious on this bet.
Aldous I use my own team rankings and stats. I get my data from NHL.com. My model does not involve corsi or any of the newer possession stats. It is more of a combination of energy analysis, motivational factors, travel, mindset, injuries, goalies, coaching systems and defensive pairings for that evening vs. starting offensive line combos for #1 and #2 lines.
Hi guys. Welcome theelite! Yes hockey isn't really popular in Florida, but that's ok, you are always welcome to visit Canada!
Bythebay, if I don't select regulation, than it's not a play for me. It must be a very strong play for me to pick a team to win in regulation. Calgary is a hard working grinding team, and are full of confidence. I still have capped Columbus to win, but I am going to be cautious on this bet.
Aldous I use my own team rankings and stats. I get my data from NHL.com. My model does not involve corsi or any of the newer possession stats. It is more of a combination of energy analysis, motivational factors, travel, mindset, injuries, goalies, coaching systems and defensive pairings for that evening vs. starting offensive line combos for #1 and #2 lines.
Hey General. Been tailing, thanks for the plays :)
It is very impressive that you've been winning for such a long time making so many bets. Even on pinnacle, the rake is 3% I think, so every bet you make you lose 3%. Don't you think it a better strategy would be to bet bigger on less plays?
Hey General. Been tailing, thanks for the plays :)
It is very impressive that you've been winning for such a long time making so many bets. Even on pinnacle, the rake is 3% I think, so every bet you make you lose 3%. Don't you think it a better strategy would be to bet bigger on less plays?
Hey General. Been tailing, thanks for the plays :)
It is very impressive that you've been winning for such a long time making so many bets. Even on pinnacle, the rake is 3% I think, so every bet you make you lose 3%. Don't you think it a better strategy would be to bet bigger on less plays?
If you loose 3% it would be the same wouldn't it?
3% of 10*1unit plays would be 3% of 10u.
3% of 10 units would be 3% of 10 u. aswell?
Quote Originally Posted by fxbrassard:
Hey General. Been tailing, thanks for the plays :)
It is very impressive that you've been winning for such a long time making so many bets. Even on pinnacle, the rake is 3% I think, so every bet you make you lose 3%. Don't you think it a better strategy would be to bet bigger on less plays?
I don't think Bookmaker offers NHL tie wagers. At least I haven't been able to find it, which sucks to miss out on these $$$ tie plays! May need to open a Bovada account to keep up with the cash the General is printing here
I had to look under prop bets to find the ties. You either bet it will go to OT or not go to OT (at least that is how the bookmakers website I use is setup). GL
Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro:
I don't think Bookmaker offers NHL tie wagers. At least I haven't been able to find it, which sucks to miss out on these $$$ tie plays! May need to open a Bovada account to keep up with the cash the General is printing here
I had to look under prop bets to find the ties. You either bet it will go to OT or not go to OT (at least that is how the bookmakers website I use is setup). GL
I was not being rude, you should however take the time to read the thread. I have answered these questions over and over. I am an old fart and it gets tiring son.
Quote Originally Posted by SFGiants93:
That wasn't funny dude.
I was not being rude, you should however take the time to read the thread. I have answered these questions over and over. I am an old fart and it gets tiring son.
I was not being rude, you should however take the time to read the thread. I have answered these questions over and over. I am an old fart and it gets tiring son.
I know you weren't trying to be rude. Thanks for the picks, nice hit on Fla and Col so far.
Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:
I was not being rude, you should however take the time to read the thread. I have answered these questions over and over. I am an old fart and it gets tiring son.
I know you weren't trying to be rude. Thanks for the picks, nice hit on Fla and Col so far.