• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum

    General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks

    «First Previous 282930 ... 474849 Next Last»
    fxbrassard
    GeneralSharp
    Serendipity25
    duchart
    Skydome
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 133647
    Posts: 1204
    «First Previous 282930 ... 474849 Next Last»
     
    fxbrassard
    fxbrassard
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 189
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2014 - 8:54 AM ET #676

    Nice picks yesterday General.

    I've seen you post a few picks before the line of the game was available, and yesterday some of the tie picks you made, even tho they hit, had some pretty horrible odds.

    I'm just wondering how big a factor does the line play into your picks? I always thought it was the most important thing... but you just seem to cap the game with your model, and make the picks you are certain of no matter what the odds are, am I missing something?


    Reply
    Nice picks yesterday General.

    I've seen you post a few picks before the line of the game was available, and yesterday some of the tie picks you made, even tho they hit, had some pretty horrible odds.

    I'm just wondering how big a factor does the line play into your picks? I always thought it was the most important thing... but you just seem to cap the game with your model, and make the picks you are certain of no matter what the odds are, am I missing something?


     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2014 - 10:37 AM ET #677

    Quote Originally Posted by fxbrassard:

    Nice picks yesterday General.

    I've seen you post a few picks before the line of the game was available, and yesterday some of the tie picks you made, even tho they hit, had some pretty horrible odds.

    I'm just wondering how big a factor does the line play into your picks? I always thought it was the most important thing... but you just seem to cap the game with your model, and make the picks you are certain of no matter what the odds are, am I missing something?


    I don't look at lines. I bet on plays I believe that will win and have value. 

    Where have you seen better tie odds than Pinnacle? Please don't say local. Provide me with online sites because I have looked and never see better tie odds than Pinnacle.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by fxbrassard:

    Nice picks yesterday General.

    I've seen you post a few picks before the line of the game was available, and yesterday some of the tie picks you made, even tho they hit, had some pretty horrible odds.

    I'm just wondering how big a factor does the line play into your picks? I always thought it was the most important thing... but you just seem to cap the game with your model, and make the picks you are certain of no matter what the odds are, am I missing something?


    I don't look at lines. I bet on plays I believe that will win and have value. 

    Where have you seen better tie odds than Pinnacle? Please don't say local. Provide me with online sites because I have looked and never see better tie odds than Pinnacle.
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2014 - 10:48 AM ET #678

    Today's Plays: Wed October 29th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.

    NAS ML 1.88 (-113)

    Just one play today. Good luck guys.
    Reply
    Today's Plays: Wed October 29th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.

    NAS ML 1.88 (-113)

    Just one play today. Good luck guys.
     
    fxbrassard
    fxbrassard
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 189
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2014 - 11:33 AM ET #679

    I could PM you where I find better odds for ties, that is when my PMs start working. Don't know why I can't access them. I can't say on a public site because they would most likely adjust then.

    It is a very interesting strategy you are taking. Coming from a poker background, I must say I am very impressed that you've been able to book 20 straights winning years (and I believe you - you don't strike me as the liar type) without looking at odds. 

    Congrats, and thanks for the picks. :)
    Reply
    I could PM you where I find better odds for ties, that is when my PMs start working. Don't know why I can't access them. I can't say on a public site because they would most likely adjust then.

    It is a very interesting strategy you are taking. Coming from a poker background, I must say I am very impressed that you've been able to book 20 straights winning years (and I believe you - you don't strike me as the liar type) without looking at odds. 

    Congrats, and thanks for the picks. :)
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2014 - 12:24 PM ET #680

    Quote Originally Posted by fxbrassard:

    I could PM you where I find better odds for ties, that is when my PMs start working. Don't know why I can't access them. I can't say on a public site because they would most likely adjust then.

    It is a very interesting strategy you are taking. Coming from a poker background, I must say I am very impressed that you've been able to book 20 straights winning years (and I believe you - you don't strike me as the liar type) without looking at odds. 

    Congrats, and thanks for the picks. :)

    I don't really understand what you mean. I do look at odds, but I don't make picks based off them. What I do is cap a game, and determine a result I think will occur. I then set the price I would pay. I then compare my price to the sports books. If I like the price being offered, I make a bet. If I don't, I pass. 

    What do you mean by the site will change odds if you post it?  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by fxbrassard:

    I could PM you where I find better odds for ties, that is when my PMs start working. Don't know why I can't access them. I can't say on a public site because they would most likely adjust then.

    It is a very interesting strategy you are taking. Coming from a poker background, I must say I am very impressed that you've been able to book 20 straights winning years (and I believe you - you don't strike me as the liar type) without looking at odds. 

    Congrats, and thanks for the picks. :)

    I don't really understand what you mean. I do look at odds, but I don't make picks based off them. What I do is cap a game, and determine a result I think will occur. I then set the price I would pay. I then compare my price to the sports books. If I like the price being offered, I make a bet. If I don't, I pass. 

    What do you mean by the site will change odds if you post it?  
     
    fxbrassard
    fxbrassard
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 189
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2014 - 12:48 PM ET #681

    Lots of people are tailing your picks, and the book I make my ties bet at have much higher odds than the best sportsbook (pinnacle) for ties. if people start pounding money on those lines I have no doubt they will adjust them closer to pinnacle.

    I think 2-3 days ago, you posted 2 picks before the lines were posted. One was Ottawa moneyline and another one was an over\under. That's the only reason I asked those questions.

    You certainly are doing it right. 

    Don't like Washington tonight?
    Reply
    Lots of people are tailing your picks, and the book I make my ties bet at have much higher odds than the best sportsbook (pinnacle) for ties. if people start pounding money on those lines I have no doubt they will adjust them closer to pinnacle.

    I think 2-3 days ago, you posted 2 picks before the lines were posted. One was Ottawa moneyline and another one was an over\under. That's the only reason I asked those questions.

    You certainly are doing it right. 

    Don't like Washington tonight?
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2014 - 7:49 PM ET #682

    Quote Originally Posted by fxbrassard:

    Lots of people are tailing your picks, and the book I make my ties bet at have much higher odds than the best sportsbook (pinnacle) for ties. if people start pounding money on those lines I have no doubt they will adjust them closer to pinnacle.

    I think 2-3 days ago, you posted 2 picks before the lines were posted. One was Ottawa moneyline and another one was an over\under. That's the only reason I asked those questions.

    You certainly are doing it right. 

    Don't like Washington tonight?

    Well I am flattered but you give me too much credit. I doubt I could influence line movement. 

    I passed on the game because I didn't like the price WAS was getting.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by fxbrassard:

    Lots of people are tailing your picks, and the book I make my ties bet at have much higher odds than the best sportsbook (pinnacle) for ties. if people start pounding money on those lines I have no doubt they will adjust them closer to pinnacle.

    I think 2-3 days ago, you posted 2 picks before the lines were posted. One was Ottawa moneyline and another one was an over\under. That's the only reason I asked those questions.

    You certainly are doing it right. 

    Don't like Washington tonight?

    Well I am flattered but you give me too much credit. I doubt I could influence line movement. 

    I passed on the game because I didn't like the price WAS was getting.
     
    Serendipity25
    Serendipity25
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 63
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 12:33 AM ET #683

    Thanks for the winner tonight, Sharp. Stay hot my friend! 
    Reply
    Thanks for the winner tonight, Sharp. Stay hot my friend! 
     
    duchart
    duchart
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 232
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 12:52 AM ET #684


    I thought you would have all over Det vs Was O5.5. The game was a toss up as these 2 teams have played to OT games the last 3 times they have met since Det moved into the East. All 3 games being high scoring. Chances of 4 in a row OT was slim but the way these two teams have been scoring lately I thought Over was a safe bet.

    Thanks again for the winning pick! Big balls to pick Nas after the last 4 games Edm have had at home.
    Reply

    I thought you would have all over Det vs Was O5.5. The game was a toss up as these 2 teams have played to OT games the last 3 times they have met since Det moved into the East. All 3 games being high scoring. Chances of 4 in a row OT was slim but the way these two teams have been scoring lately I thought Over was a safe bet.

    Thanks again for the winning pick! Big balls to pick Nas after the last 4 games Edm have had at home.
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 6:24 AM ET #685

    Thanks guys. NAS was a solid pick. I didn't have any other definitive pick so I had to pass. Never push the action.

    NAS ML 1.88 (-113) - WIN $188

    Overall cost of bets: $100
    Overall winnings: $188
    Overall profit: +$88




    2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 45W - 47L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)


    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $11,307

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$1307
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +13.07 units


    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall single bet profit is +13.07 Units

    Parlay record is 0W-1L, -$100, -1 Unit



    Back in a few hours with tonights plays.
    Reply
    Thanks guys. NAS was a solid pick. I didn't have any other definitive pick so I had to pass. Never push the action.

    NAS ML 1.88 (-113) - WIN $188

    Overall cost of bets: $100
    Overall winnings: $188
    Overall profit: +$88




    2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 45W - 47L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)


    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $11,307

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$1307
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +13.07 units


    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall single bet profit is +13.07 Units

    Parlay record is 0W-1L, -$100, -1 Unit



    Back in a few hours with tonights plays.
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 8:15 AM ET #686

    Today's Plays: Thursday October 30th, 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post. 

    Big night. 8 single bets, 1 parlay.

    Single Bets:
    BOS PL -1.5 2.28 (+128)
    LAK@PIT TIE 4.01 (+301)
    TB ML 1.64 (-155)
    PHI@TB OVER 5.5 1.87 (-114)
    FLA ML 1.98 (-102)
    ANA ML 2.05 (+105)
    NYI@COL OVER 5.5 1.79 (-126)
    MTL ML 2.14 (+114)


    Parlay:
    BOS ML 1.40 (-244)
    PHI@TB OVER 5.5 1.87 (-114)
    ANA ML 2.05 (+105)
    Payout: 5.36:1, +436
    Bet $100 to win $536, $436 profit

    *If you have a small bankroll, stick to the singles. If you have a large roll, and can absorb the added variance then go ahead and bet the parlay. You can also reduce the amount bet on any parlays I post to 10% of 1 unit. It's really up to you. The key is to bet within your means.  

    Good luck guys.
    Reply
    Today's Plays: Thursday October 30th, 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post. 

    Big night. 8 single bets, 1 parlay.

    Single Bets:
    BOS PL -1.5 2.28 (+128)
    LAK@PIT TIE 4.01 (+301)
    TB ML 1.64 (-155)
    PHI@TB OVER 5.5 1.87 (-114)
    FLA ML 1.98 (-102)
    ANA ML 2.05 (+105)
    NYI@COL OVER 5.5 1.79 (-126)
    MTL ML 2.14 (+114)


    Parlay:
    BOS ML 1.40 (-244)
    PHI@TB OVER 5.5 1.87 (-114)
    ANA ML 2.05 (+105)
    Payout: 5.36:1, +436
    Bet $100 to win $536, $436 profit

    *If you have a small bankroll, stick to the singles. If you have a large roll, and can absorb the added variance then go ahead and bet the parlay. You can also reduce the amount bet on any parlays I post to 10% of 1 unit. It's really up to you. The key is to bet within your means.  

    Good luck guys.
     
    Skydome
    Skydome
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 755
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 8:57 AM ET #687

    Reply
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 10:02 AM ET #688

    interesting 3 play
    Reply
    interesting 3 play
     
    JG11
    JG11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 10:24 AM ET #689

    PHI@TB OVER is 6 at 5dimes.  Bummer.
    Reply
    PHI@TB OVER is 6 at 5dimes.  Bummer.
     
    beauscool
    beauscool
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 121
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 11:46 AM ET #690

    It looks like the line makers are catching up in reference to totals... Seems like this year has been very high scoring and they are adjusting accordingly. Both of your overs are at 6 with my book. No reason not to play them though; you need 6 to win and still at least a push for me at 6.... I don't mind kissing my sister when it comes to gambling.
    Reply
    It looks like the line makers are catching up in reference to totals... Seems like this year has been very high scoring and they are adjusting accordingly. Both of your overs are at 6 with my book. No reason not to play them though; you need 6 to win and still at least a push for me at 6.... I don't mind kissing my sister when it comes to gambling.
     
    ChaseWins
    ChaseWins
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 208
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 11:47 AM ET #691

     
    Reply
     
     
    Cincy513
    Cincy513
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 4:41 PM ET #692

    Good luck tonight
    Reply
    Good luck tonight
     
    duchart
    duchart
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 232
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 4:46 PM ET #693

    worried about boston at buffalo. Boston is hurting with injuries and playing the backup (not that he is bad he is just not Rask)

    although buffalo is awful i bet they get 2 or 3 tonight and that might be all they need. if they get 2 boston is not going to cover the PL.

    Lets make some $$

    BOL tonight guys!
    Reply
    worried about boston at buffalo. Boston is hurting with injuries and playing the backup (not that he is bad he is just not Rask)

    although buffalo is awful i bet they get 2 or 3 tonight and that might be all they need. if they get 2 boston is not going to cover the PL.

    Lets make some $$

    BOL tonight guys!
     
    Proxyi
    Proxyi
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2014 - 11:18 PM ET #694

    Avalanche game is pure joke, NYI has 35 shots and no goal??? on the other hand, 19/4, crazy
    Reply
    Avalanche game is pure joke, NYI has 35 shots and no goal??? on the other hand, 19/4, crazy
     
    SFGiants93
    SFGiants93
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 1201
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2014 - 12:39 AM ET #695

    Half the games on the board ended in a tie tonight.  Wish we played more ties today.
    Reply
    Half the games on the board ended in a tie tonight.  Wish we played more ties today.
     
    Motherflickee
    Motherflickee
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2014 - 6:14 AM ET #696

    Quote Originally Posted by SFGiants93:

    Half the games on the board ended in a tie tonight.  Wish we played more ties today.

    Right, let's look at the day's results and wish we had made our picks that way!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGiants93:

    Half the games on the board ended in a tie tonight.  Wish we played more ties today.

    Right, let's look at the day's results and wish we had made our picks that way!
     
    rivermonsterz
    rivermonsterz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 1033
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2014 - 8:09 AM ET #697

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherflickee:


    Right, let's look at the day's results and wish we had made our picks that way!

    lets go "back to the future"

    spot on, we could have played more ties today, this could have been 2 ties, 3, 4 or 5, even then, we still may have never hit one, 50% of the games going to ties in one day happens, but infrequently.

    It's easy to say we should have bet Buffalo vs San Jose the other day at ridiculously great odds because they did the job last year and surely were going to win eventually, but we didn't, so we move on, still with a good profit so far for the season and don't lament on what could have been, because when we look at what is, we smile.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherflickee:


    Right, let's look at the day's results and wish we had made our picks that way!

    lets go "back to the future"

    spot on, we could have played more ties today, this could have been 2 ties, 3, 4 or 5, even then, we still may have never hit one, 50% of the games going to ties in one day happens, but infrequently.

    It's easy to say we should have bet Buffalo vs San Jose the other day at ridiculously great odds because they did the job last year and surely were going to win eventually, but we didn't, so we move on, still with a good profit so far for the season and don't lament on what could have been, because when we look at what is, we smile.

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2014 - 8:52 AM ET #698

    Not a good night. Close on NYI@COL Over and MTL. The positive I am taking from most
    of the losses this year is when I lose, it's very close most of the time. Moving along.


    Single Bets:
    BOS PL -1.5 2.28 (+128) - LOSE $100
    LAK@PIT TIE 4.01 (+301) - LOSE $100
    TB ML 1.64 (-155) - WIN $164
    PHI@TB OVER 5.5 1.87 (-114) - WIN $187
    FLA ML 1.98 (-102) - WIN $198
    ANA ML 2.05 (+105) - LOSE $100
    NYI@COL OVER 5.5 1.79 (-126) - LOSE $100
    MTL ML 2.14 (+114) - LOSE $100


    Parlay:
    BOS ML 1.40 (-244) - WIN
    PHI@TB OVER 5.5 1.87 (-114) - WIN
    ANA ML 2.05 (+105) - LOSE
    Payout: 5.36:1, +436
    Bet $100 to win $536, $436 profit

    LOSS - Lose $100


    Overall cost of single bets: $800
    Overall winnings: $549
    Overall profit: -$251, 2.51 Units

    1 unit loss on parlay









    2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 48W - 52L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)


    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $11,056

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$1156
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +10.56 units


    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall single bet profit is +10.56 Units



    Parlay record is 0W-2L, -$200, -2.00 Units
    Reply
    Not a good night. Close on NYI@COL Over and MTL. The positive I am taking from most
    of the losses this year is when I lose, it's very close most of the time. Moving along.


    Single Bets:
    BOS PL -1.5 2.28 (+128) - LOSE $100
    LAK@PIT TIE 4.01 (+301) - LOSE $100
    TB ML 1.64 (-155) - WIN $164
    PHI@TB OVER 5.5 1.87 (-114) - WIN $187
    FLA ML 1.98 (-102) - WIN $198
    ANA ML 2.05 (+105) - LOSE $100
    NYI@COL OVER 5.5 1.79 (-126) - LOSE $100
    MTL ML 2.14 (+114) - LOSE $100


    Parlay:
    BOS ML 1.40 (-244) - WIN
    PHI@TB OVER 5.5 1.87 (-114) - WIN
    ANA ML 2.05 (+105) - LOSE
    Payout: 5.36:1, +436
    Bet $100 to win $536, $436 profit

    LOSS - Lose $100


    Overall cost of single bets: $800
    Overall winnings: $549
    Overall profit: -$251, 2.51 Units

    1 unit loss on parlay









    2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 48W - 52L

    Method: Flat betting Single picks 1 Unit ($100)


    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $11,056

    Total Single Bet Profit in $: +$1156
    Total Single Bet Profit in Units: +10.56 units


    Thus far in the 2014-2015 NHL season, overall single bet profit is +10.56 Units



    Parlay record is 0W-2L, -$200, -2.00 Units
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2014 - 8:57 AM ET #699

    Today's Plays: Friday October 31st, 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle sports at the time of post.

    TOR@CLB - OVER 5.5 1.89 (-111)
    NAS ML 1.83 (-120)

    Parlay both singles as well 1 unit. 
    TOR@CLB OVER 5.5
    NAS ML
    3.45:1, +245

    Goodluck guys. Have a safe and happy halloween. 
    Reply
    Today's Plays: Friday October 31st, 2014 - All lines are from Pinnacle sports at the time of post.

    TOR@CLB - OVER 5.5 1.89 (-111)
    NAS ML 1.83 (-120)

    Parlay both singles as well 1 unit. 
    TOR@CLB OVER 5.5
    NAS ML
    3.45:1, +245

    Goodluck guys. Have a safe and happy halloween. 
     
     
    Skydome
    Skydome
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 755
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2014 - 9:17 AM ET #700

    Really close to big payday General, Thanks again for all your help.

    Reply
    Really close to big payday General, Thanks again for all your help.

    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 282930 ... 474849 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,330
    • Friday 10/02/2026 906
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,362
    • PART DEUX 261
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,208
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,363
    • Week 5 Money 7,123
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,522
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,755
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,594

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.