• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    ***NFL Divisonal Playoffs***

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    xflrejects
    MillerLiteBoy
    redskinsnut
    consiglieri
    mcbremps
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 12711
    Posts: 134
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    xflrejects
    xflrejects
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2002
    Posts: 3537
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 7:55 PM ET #26

    HANS...Love your write-ups.I am a long time contributor here who has been real quiet this year as I have a lot going on outside of my degenerate life (lol) . But have followed and played avidly. You have great insight and we are uncannily on the same page in our thinking often.
     
    My strong leans are CAR ,NYG, BAL ( by 3 and going to the big dance) and SD to cover. Unreal how in recent years and esp. when they are rematches, the resting faves on divisional weekend have fallen off the ATS  chart  but I still like 2 of the chalk BIG  this week.
     
     
    A note of interest. 8 times this year the league has seen totals set as low as 34/34.5 and all 8 have gone UNDER.
     
    Will check in later with possible write-ups if time permits.
    Reply
    HANS...Love your write-ups.I am a long time contributor here who has been real quiet this year as I have a lot going on outside of my degenerate life (lol) . But have followed and played avidly. You have great insight and we are uncannily on the same page in our thinking often.
     
    My strong leans are CAR ,NYG, BAL ( by 3 and going to the big dance) and SD to cover. Unreal how in recent years and esp. when they are rematches, the resting faves on divisional weekend have fallen off the ATS  chart  but I still like 2 of the chalk BIG  this week.
     
     
    A note of interest. 8 times this year the league has seen totals set as low as 34/34.5 and all 8 have gone UNDER.
     
    Will check in later with possible write-ups if time permits.
     
    MillerLiteBoy
    MillerLiteBoy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1836
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 7:57 PM ET #27

    should be a great weekend of games.  at this time I lean Car, Giants, Pitt and Balty but no bets as of yet.  Great writeups and I agree with them.  IN the Zona game not having Boldin is going to be a factor.  But if they run with Edge like they did last week that will help. 
    Reply
    should be a great weekend of games.  at this time I lean Car, Giants, Pitt and Balty but no bets as of yet.  Great writeups and I agree with them.  IN the Zona game not having Boldin is going to be a factor.  But if they run with Edge like they did last week that will help. 
     
    redskinsnut
    redskinsnut
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1845
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 8:18 PM ET #28

    As much as I hate laying chalk I am leaning towards every home favorite this weekend.  Anyone have any data on home teams ATS in the Divisional Round (hence the extra week off?)

    Normally we pay a tax for home favorites but I am just not seeing it this weekend.
    Reply
    As much as I hate laying chalk I am leaning towards every home favorite this weekend.  Anyone have any data on home teams ATS in the Divisional Round (hence the extra week off?)

    Normally we pay a tax for home favorites but I am just not seeing it this weekend.
     
    consiglieri
    consiglieri
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 988
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 8:34 PM ET #29

    I like Carolina too. Things to worry about:

    Arizona's run D looked pretty impressive last week.  I sure hope Carolina uses the pass then run formula. I think AZ;s secondary has issues.

    Damn Edgerin James is playing for $$. Says he won't come back, wants someone else to pay him.  Never ceases to amaze me how much better athletes play when $$ is on the line.  You think the playoffs would be enough.

    Don't underestimate the Titans, scoring against them will not be easy.  If they jump out to a lead it can get difficult. Jump on them in the second half if they have the lead.   Many will be chasing Baltimore, so that should be an added bonus. Of course, that is a big "IF."

    Don't put too much stock if any in the Titans game against Pitt.  They simply wanted it more.  They had worked hard all season to get home field and they were not about to let it slip away.  Pitt was very tired after playing a slew of tough/close games and seemed very uninspired
    Reply
    I like Carolina too. Things to worry about:

    Arizona's run D looked pretty impressive last week.  I sure hope Carolina uses the pass then run formula. I think AZ;s secondary has issues.

    Damn Edgerin James is playing for $$. Says he won't come back, wants someone else to pay him.  Never ceases to amaze me how much better athletes play when $$ is on the line.  You think the playoffs would be enough.

    Don't underestimate the Titans, scoring against them will not be easy.  If they jump out to a lead it can get difficult. Jump on them in the second half if they have the lead.   Many will be chasing Baltimore, so that should be an added bonus. Of course, that is a big "IF."

    Don't put too much stock if any in the Titans game against Pitt.  They simply wanted it more.  They had worked hard all season to get home field and they were not about to let it slip away.  Pitt was very tired after playing a slew of tough/close games and seemed very uninspired
     
    mcbremps
    mcbremps
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 762
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 8:59 PM ET #30

    Hans, great write up.  It's all about teasing the underdogs this week, except for the Steelers.
      I'm leaning AZ with 10 or even buying some.  Playoff games are tough to predict, but I do like the AZ running defense to at least hinder the Panthers somewhat.  I think Steve Smith will be a big factor in this one, as the Cards are prepared for the run.  Will Delhomme throw picks?  This game will be a shootout for sure.  Either tease AZ or the over.
    Loving the Ravens right now.  They did not let the Titans D in their prime this season to get to Flacco.  I expect a week of rest to be trouble for the Titans momentum.  Ravens are alive and well.  This will be a higher score than the 13-10 matchup earlier this season, but not much higher.
    As for the Giants, they are ripe for a revenge play against the Eagles.  However, the Eagles couldn't be any hungrier than to play this one.  The Giants defense has looked pretty bad as of late.  The Eagles defense will not let Eli have a day, therefore the ground is where they will go, and they will get yardage, but how much?  McNabb saw a lot of pressure at the Vikes.  He will see similar pressure for this one, and I expect him to have a day.
    Just line it up.  Big Ben has decent days, and bad days.  This game is all about homefield advantage and Steeler D.  Rivers will see the pressure and will feel it.  He's been fantastic as of late, but Sproles will get stopped without LT, not enough options for the Chargers make them predictable; they will run out of options.  Steelers are hungry for this win.  I expect it to be closer than 6 if Rivers is on, but I tease Steelers down.
    Reply
    Hans, great write up.  It's all about teasing the underdogs this week, except for the Steelers.
      I'm leaning AZ with 10 or even buying some.  Playoff games are tough to predict, but I do like the AZ running defense to at least hinder the Panthers somewhat.  I think Steve Smith will be a big factor in this one, as the Cards are prepared for the run.  Will Delhomme throw picks?  This game will be a shootout for sure.  Either tease AZ or the over.
    Loving the Ravens right now.  They did not let the Titans D in their prime this season to get to Flacco.  I expect a week of rest to be trouble for the Titans momentum.  Ravens are alive and well.  This will be a higher score than the 13-10 matchup earlier this season, but not much higher.
    As for the Giants, they are ripe for a revenge play against the Eagles.  However, the Eagles couldn't be any hungrier than to play this one.  The Giants defense has looked pretty bad as of late.  The Eagles defense will not let Eli have a day, therefore the ground is where they will go, and they will get yardage, but how much?  McNabb saw a lot of pressure at the Vikes.  He will see similar pressure for this one, and I expect him to have a day.
    Just line it up.  Big Ben has decent days, and bad days.  This game is all about homefield advantage and Steeler D.  Rivers will see the pressure and will feel it.  He's been fantastic as of late, but Sproles will get stopped without LT, not enough options for the Chargers make them predictable; they will run out of options.  Steelers are hungry for this win.  I expect it to be closer than 6 if Rivers is on, but I tease Steelers down.
     
    Irisheyez
    Irisheyez
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 3457
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 9:17 PM ET #31

    Everything adds up Carolina......that's why I'm leaning toward taking the 10.  Bolden might not play......last I checked......Breston has 1,000 yards and most of them came in the last 6 games I believe.  If Zona plays hard and gets a couple of big plays.....they can stay within the chalk.  Carolina will probably win......I'm just not sure yet........just remember......Jake Delhomie can be putrid at times. 
    Reply
    Everything adds up Carolina......that's why I'm leaning toward taking the 10.  Bolden might not play......last I checked......Breston has 1,000 yards and most of them came in the last 6 games I believe.  If Zona plays hard and gets a couple of big plays.....they can stay within the chalk.  Carolina will probably win......I'm just not sure yet........just remember......Jake Delhomie can be putrid at times. 
     
    ohioshad
    ohioshad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 9:29 PM ET #32

    LOVE CAROLINA AND HOPE FOR PITT TO POUND THE HELL OUT OF SD!!
    Reply
    LOVE CAROLINA AND HOPE FOR PITT TO POUND THE HELL OUT OF SD!!
     
    mulHOLLA
    mulHOLLA
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 638
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 9:31 PM ET #33

    BIG HANS - What up boii? I'm on it BIG.
    Reply
    BIG HANS - What up boii? I'm on it BIG.
     
    BigHans
    BigHans
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 601
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 11:00 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by redskinsnut:

    As much as I hate laying chalk I am leaning towards every home favorite this weekend.  Anyone have any data on home teams ATS in the Divisional Round (hence the extra week off?)

    Normally we pay a tax for home favorites but I am just not seeing it this weekend.


    I know Red, I found myself liking the chalk on all, although Im going back and forth on Balty/Tennessee.  Scares me too, chalks have not done well in recent history in this round from what I am seeing. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by redskinsnut:

    As much as I hate laying chalk I am leaning towards every home favorite this weekend.  Anyone have any data on home teams ATS in the Divisional Round (hence the extra week off?)

    Normally we pay a tax for home favorites but I am just not seeing it this weekend.


    I know Red, I found myself liking the chalk on all, although Im going back and forth on Balty/Tennessee.  Scares me too, chalks have not done well in recent history in this round from what I am seeing. 


     
    BigHans
    BigHans
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 601
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 11:06 PM ET #35

    Love all the feedback guys.

    I will most likely be locking in NYG -4, will write it up once I play it.

    I still feel great about Carolina.  I can see why people are confident in Zona after they shut down Turner last week but I still maintain this is a much different team on the road, and Carolina is twice as physical as Atlanta.  Turner was great this year no doubt but Carolina is a much more pounding team, which spells bad news for the Cardinals IMO.  THe biggest worry is Delhomme, although if the run game is going good he doesn't have to do much and play action will be wide open, which again is bad news for Carolina as all Steve Smith needs is a slight hesitation by a corner biting on a fake and its lights out to the house.  Unless Delhomme plays the absolute worst game of his life I think Carolina wins BIG.

    Balty Tennessee has got me all twisted up.  Its actually pissing me off that I can't get a read on this game.  I'm starting to lean Tennessee but am having issues backing Collins against the Ravens D.  The other thing that gives me pause is the conditioning of Haynesworth, who is by far the most vital piece to a Titans victory in this game as Balty has been wearing teams out on the ground and getting big hit runs late in games.  I will probably puss out and tease Balty and the Under up.

    Pitt/SD - A little crossed up here still too.  Trying to think with my head and not my heart, as while I am not a life long Steelers fan I absolutely LOVE tough defenses and I respect the hell out of what they do.  At the same time I despise San Diego.  I am highly confident that Pitt wins this game but the -6  is giving me serious pause.  May have to puss out and take the moneyline.

    Of course, all of this hinges on how well I do in the BCS Championship tomorrow night.  Not playing the side but I am laying wood on the under.
    Reply
    Love all the feedback guys.

    I will most likely be locking in NYG -4, will write it up once I play it.

    I still feel great about Carolina.  I can see why people are confident in Zona after they shut down Turner last week but I still maintain this is a much different team on the road, and Carolina is twice as physical as Atlanta.  Turner was great this year no doubt but Carolina is a much more pounding team, which spells bad news for the Cardinals IMO.  THe biggest worry is Delhomme, although if the run game is going good he doesn't have to do much and play action will be wide open, which again is bad news for Carolina as all Steve Smith needs is a slight hesitation by a corner biting on a fake and its lights out to the house.  Unless Delhomme plays the absolute worst game of his life I think Carolina wins BIG.

    Balty Tennessee has got me all twisted up.  Its actually pissing me off that I can't get a read on this game.  I'm starting to lean Tennessee but am having issues backing Collins against the Ravens D.  The other thing that gives me pause is the conditioning of Haynesworth, who is by far the most vital piece to a Titans victory in this game as Balty has been wearing teams out on the ground and getting big hit runs late in games.  I will probably puss out and tease Balty and the Under up.

    Pitt/SD - A little crossed up here still too.  Trying to think with my head and not my heart, as while I am not a life long Steelers fan I absolutely LOVE tough defenses and I respect the hell out of what they do.  At the same time I despise San Diego.  I am highly confident that Pitt wins this game but the -6  is giving me serious pause.  May have to puss out and take the moneyline.

    Of course, all of this hinges on how well I do in the BCS Championship tomorrow night.  Not playing the side but I am laying wood on the under.
     
    panthersno89
    panthersno89
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 430
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 11:13 PM ET #36

    ESPN made a good point, everyone wants to hate on delhomme but he is one of the currentbest postseason quarter backs in the nfl with a 5-2 career with a 92 passer rating in the playoffs, this guy is clutch, I remember few years ago going to the Giants in the wild card game and Jake figured out their defensive hand signals in the first drive of game and picked them apart.  He may not be the most talented qb in the leauge, but this guy knows how to win.
    Reply
    ESPN made a good point, everyone wants to hate on delhomme but he is one of the currentbest postseason quarter backs in the nfl with a 5-2 career with a 92 passer rating in the playoffs, this guy is clutch, I remember few years ago going to the Giants in the wild card game and Jake figured out their defensive hand signals in the first drive of game and picked them apart.  He may not be the most talented qb in the leauge, but this guy knows how to win.
     
    SonicBlue
    SonicBlue
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 661
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2009 - 11:43 PM ET #37

    Great write-ups Hans.  The weekend is coming into focus.


    Reply
    Great write-ups Hans.  The weekend is coming into focus.


     
    DyHardBillsFan
    DyHardBillsFan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 269
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 1:33 AM ET #38

    Florida and the UNDER

    Baltimore BEATS TENN. 16-13

    Big Ben falls on his face in Pitt. and Pitt. can't stop Sproles

    McNabb scrambles to find endzone in last minute defeat of GMEN

    Cards eek out win at Carolina



    I like the first sentence the best all the rest is garbage


    Reply
    Florida and the UNDER

    Baltimore BEATS TENN. 16-13

    Big Ben falls on his face in Pitt. and Pitt. can't stop Sproles

    McNabb scrambles to find endzone in last minute defeat of GMEN

    Cards eek out win at Carolina



    I like the first sentence the best all the rest is garbage


     
    DyHardBillsFan
    DyHardBillsFan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 269
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 1:35 AM ET #39

    Seriously, Balt. or Tenn. (toss up), Pitt., Car.(HUGE), IGGLES

    Reply
    Seriously, Balt. or Tenn. (toss up), Pitt., Car.(HUGE), IGGLES

     
    scho525
    scho525
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 301
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 3:39 AM ET #40

    have your exact game capped with the eaxct same score...love the pick, who cares unless the spread is below two td's
    Reply
    have your exact game capped with the eaxct same score...love the pick, who cares unless the spread is below two td's
     
    luckylambo
    luckylambo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 360
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 4:23 AM ET #41

    nice analysis and use of the english language... that alone makes me want to back your picks (hopefully u pick balt/giants/pitt on top of panthers heh)

    best thread ever
    Reply
    nice analysis and use of the english language... that alone makes me want to back your picks (hopefully u pick balt/giants/pitt on top of panthers heh)

    best thread ever
     
    Gold_Rush
    Gold_Rush
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 7850
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 5:07 AM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    they already played the AZ/Carolina game once.....Carolina was lucky....you can take all those stats and throw them out....Delhomme will put this team in danger.....-10 in the playoffs is not a good way to make a living....
     


    You make a good point 10 is kind of high for the Panthers
    they are not used to being big favorites..

    and luckylambo- dont get carried away lol

    "best thread ever-" no disrespect Hans - cmon,  maybe if you bet 25 thousand based on this post and they win - then yes, this could be the best ever but it would be only for you and only if they cover.

    good luck lucky

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    they already played the AZ/Carolina game once.....Carolina was lucky....you can take all those stats and throw them out....Delhomme will put this team in danger.....-10 in the playoffs is not a good way to make a living....
     


    You make a good point 10 is kind of high for the Panthers
    they are not used to being big favorites..

    and luckylambo- dont get carried away lol

    "best thread ever-" no disrespect Hans - cmon,  maybe if you bet 25 thousand based on this post and they win - then yes, this could be the best ever but it would be only for you and only if they cover.

    good luck lucky

     
    BigHans
    BigHans
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 601
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 8:55 AM ET #43

    Gold Rush,

    I appreciate his compliment but I would have to agree with you. 

    Reply

    Gold Rush,

    I appreciate his compliment but I would have to agree with you. 

     
    xflrejects
    xflrejects
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2002
    Posts: 3537
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 11:04 AM ET #44

     1991-1999..rested playoff teams went 30-6 SU and 22-13-1 ATS

    2000-ON....they are 25-11 SU and  just 16-19-1 ATS

     

    Over the last 2 years they go just 1-9 ATS!

     

    All 4 rested faves in this round LY did not cover.

     

    Reply

     1991-1999..rested playoff teams went 30-6 SU and 22-13-1 ATS

    2000-ON....they are 25-11 SU and  just 16-19-1 ATS

     

    Over the last 2 years they go just 1-9 ATS!

     

    All 4 rested faves in this round LY did not cover.

     

     
    xflrejects
    xflrejects
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2002
    Posts: 3537
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 11:11 AM ET #45

    For shitz and giggles here are NC Sports and Playbook's picks this week:
     
    NC-Cards/Panthers over 46   3*
          Giants by 8  1*
          Titans by 7     2*
          Steelers by 17    4*
     
    Playbook-CAR by 10
                   PHI by 3
                   BAL by 1
                   PIT by 10
     
     
    L5Y rested HOME TEAMS in this round are 1-10 ATS
    Reply
    For shitz and giggles here are NC Sports and Playbook's picks this week:
     
    NC-Cards/Panthers over 46   3*
          Giants by 8  1*
          Titans by 7     2*
          Steelers by 17    4*
     
    Playbook-CAR by 10
                   PHI by 3
                   BAL by 1
                   PIT by 10
     
     
    L5Y rested HOME TEAMS in this round are 1-10 ATS
     
    malibusurfer
    malibusurfer
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 224
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 11:51 AM ET #46

    LIKE YOUR THINKING HANS, BUT I DO BELIEVE YOU TEND TO OVERTHINK YOUR PICKS.  JUST AN OBJECTIVE COMMENT.  YOUR GUT TOLD YOU VIKES AND COLTS WERE LOSERS.
    Reply
    LIKE YOUR THINKING HANS, BUT I DO BELIEVE YOU TEND TO OVERTHINK YOUR PICKS.  JUST AN OBJECTIVE COMMENT.  YOUR GUT TOLD YOU VIKES AND COLTS WERE LOSERS.
     
    Skipster
    Skipster
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 6422
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 12:12 PM ET #47

    My question is: the Carolina D.  Did anyone watch the second half of the Saints game?  Brees laid three touches on them so fast it made my head spin.

    I'm leaning Panthers here, but not without some consternation.  I think the over (while the obvious play) is still the best play.
    Reply
    My question is: the Carolina D.  Did anyone watch the second half of the Saints game?  Brees laid three touches on them so fast it made my head spin.

    I'm leaning Panthers here, but not without some consternation.  I think the over (while the obvious play) is still the best play.
     
    W8LIFTER
    W8LIFTER
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 6791
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 2:14 PM ET #48

    Arizona Cardinals +10
    Reply
    Arizona Cardinals +10
     
    W8LIFTER
    W8LIFTER
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 6791
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 2:19 PM ET #49

    Tennessee Titans -3
    Philadelphia Eagles +4 
    San Diego Chargers +6
     
    This is how I will roll bro! BOL
    Reply
    Tennessee Titans -3
    Philadelphia Eagles +4 
    San Diego Chargers +6
     
    This is how I will roll bro! BOL
     
     
    ILLZ
    ILLZ
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 185
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2009 - 2:37 PM ET #50

    Excellent as always Hans, I'm with you on Carolina and I'm also betting Pittsburgh.  NO PLAY on either of the other two, but gun to my head I'm betting NYG and BAL.
    Reply
    Excellent as always Hans, I'm with you on Carolina and I'm also betting Pittsburgh.  NO PLAY on either of the other two, but gun to my head I'm betting NYG and BAL.
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,262
    • PART DEUX 213
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,108
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,612
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,208
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,131
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,027
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.