• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    How many positions are the Chiefs better than the 49ers?

    «First Previous 234 ... 789 Next Last»
    4headies
    glyde69
    DoubleUp4Life
    lancer89074
    mr_armchair_qb
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 8488
    Posts: 210
    «First Previous 234 ... 789 Next Last»
     
    4headies
    4headies
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 910
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 5:56 PM ET #26

    Just for the sake of argument, how much of a position by position advantage did Tennessee have over KC?
    Reply
    Just for the sake of argument, how much of a position by position advantage did Tennessee have over KC?
     
    glyde69
    glyde69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 7445
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 6:19 PM ET #27

    Andy!! 
    Reply
    Andy!! 
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 6:38 PM ET #28

    Some of the greatest work I've ever seen on covers 





    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Some of the greatest work I've ever seen on covers 





     
    lancer89074
    lancer89074
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 9634
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 6:52 PM ET #29

    Nice writeup Andarmac...I agree with the points that you made...bravo. an_light

    Chris Sims who is best pals with Kyle Shanahan since his college years had this to say: 'The 9ers had trouble this year with QBs who could create and go above and beyond the scheme like Russell Wilson twice and Lamar Jackson...this guy Mahomes can do that too.'

    In that Falcons' game in Santa Clara, Julio Jones tore that SF secondary a new one. Of course JJ is a special talent in some ways. 

    You mentioned that Mahomes is an X factor but not the whole enchilada. 

    I would add that Bieniemy and Reid on offense and Spagnuolo on defense are a formidable brain trust as well (not a unique observation). Shanahan has his Father in on the game planning and IMO he was one of the best. 

    A lot of food for thought in this matchup... a lot to ponder...the line is razor thin but that doesn't mean that the final score will be. BOL 

     

     

    Reply

    Nice writeup Andarmac...I agree with the points that you made...bravo. an_light

    Chris Sims who is best pals with Kyle Shanahan since his college years had this to say: 'The 9ers had trouble this year with QBs who could create and go above and beyond the scheme like Russell Wilson twice and Lamar Jackson...this guy Mahomes can do that too.'

    In that Falcons' game in Santa Clara, Julio Jones tore that SF secondary a new one. Of course JJ is a special talent in some ways. 

    You mentioned that Mahomes is an X factor but not the whole enchilada. 

    I would add that Bieniemy and Reid on offense and Spagnuolo on defense are a formidable brain trust as well (not a unique observation). Shanahan has his Father in on the game planning and IMO he was one of the best. 

    A lot of food for thought in this matchup... a lot to ponder...the line is razor thin but that doesn't mean that the final score will be. BOL 

     

     

     
    mr_armchair_qb
    mr_armchair_qb
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 1856
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 7:02 PM ET #30

    Nice write up, its wonderful to see someone put forward their analysis in a manner that shows just the fact. I'm also leaning 49er's in a game that should be fun to watch. Thanks for your efforts andarmac!!!

    Reply

    Nice write up, its wonderful to see someone put forward their analysis in a manner that shows just the fact. I'm also leaning 49er's in a game that should be fun to watch. Thanks for your efforts andarmac!!!

     
    BigNiner
    BigNiner
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 8232
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 7:12 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by gooch72:

    One thing not mentioned, is that elusive quarterbacks have given the Niners problems this year because it negates some of that great pass rush. Murray and Wilson specifically. Mahommes is pretty mobile as well, might be something to consider.

    This is a myth perpetuated by the sports media, which I plan on deconstructing over the next 2 weeks.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gooch72:

    One thing not mentioned, is that elusive quarterbacks have given the Niners problems this year because it negates some of that great pass rush. Murray and Wilson specifically. Mahommes is pretty mobile as well, might be something to consider.

    This is a myth perpetuated by the sports media, which I plan on deconstructing over the next 2 weeks.

     
    Phillip2002
    Phillip2002
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2018
    Posts: 2888
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 7:45 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNiner:

    Quote Originally Posted by gooch72:

    One thing not mentioned, is that elusive quarterbacks have given the Niners problems this year because it negates some of that great pass rush. Murray and Wilson specifically. Mahommes is pretty mobile as well, might be something to consider.
    This is a myth perpetuated by the sports media, which I plan on deconstructing over the next 2 weeks.

    even if it is true I do not see it being that big of an impact against Mahomes...

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNiner:

    Quote Originally Posted by gooch72:

    One thing not mentioned, is that elusive quarterbacks have given the Niners problems this year because it negates some of that great pass rush. Murray and Wilson specifically. Mahommes is pretty mobile as well, might be something to consider.
    This is a myth perpetuated by the sports media, which I plan on deconstructing over the next 2 weeks.

    even if it is true I do not see it being that big of an impact against Mahomes...

     
    lancer89074
    lancer89074
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 9634
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 7:52 PM ET #33

    Yeah, the rumor that the SF D has trouble with mobile QBs is the worst kind of rumor...a true rumor. an_speak

    Reply

    Yeah, the rumor that the SF D has trouble with mobile QBs is the worst kind of rumor...a true rumor. an_speak

     
    andarmac99
    andarmac99
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 16954
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 8:21 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by lordzud:

    Max bet on San Fran for me. BUT....if you don't pressure Mahomes or let him free to run up the sidelines for twenty yards whenever he needs to, he will eat San Fran alive just like he did the last two teams he faced. We live in an age where dominant QB's are super dominant. I am betting that the San Fran defense is good enough to limit this superstar but that KC team isn't just Mahomes. Brilliant coach, speed demon wide receivers. So place your bets and enjoy the game. But the one key I will be watching is how much time Mahomes has to throw. If he has time to throw, worry, worry a lot.

     

    I'm not as worried about Mahomes scrambling as many people are. He had two games all year with more than 25 yards rushing before the last two weeks. And I think much of that ability to scramble comes from the Texans and Titans just being crap on the edge and at LB. That TD where he turned the corner on the Titans just isn't going to be available vs the 49ers. The 49ers have just too much speed on the edge and at LB. 

    Much being made of Lamar and Wilson running on SF. Wilson had 53 yards and 29 yards at 3.6 YPC. Jackson runs on everyone. And I believe Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander, who are some of the fastest players in the league at their positions, missed at least two of those games each.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by lordzud:

    Max bet on San Fran for me. BUT....if you don't pressure Mahomes or let him free to run up the sidelines for twenty yards whenever he needs to, he will eat San Fran alive just like he did the last two teams he faced. We live in an age where dominant QB's are super dominant. I am betting that the San Fran defense is good enough to limit this superstar but that KC team isn't just Mahomes. Brilliant coach, speed demon wide receivers. So place your bets and enjoy the game. But the one key I will be watching is how much time Mahomes has to throw. If he has time to throw, worry, worry a lot.

     

    I'm not as worried about Mahomes scrambling as many people are. He had two games all year with more than 25 yards rushing before the last two weeks. And I think much of that ability to scramble comes from the Texans and Titans just being crap on the edge and at LB. That TD where he turned the corner on the Titans just isn't going to be available vs the 49ers. The 49ers have just too much speed on the edge and at LB. 

    Much being made of Lamar and Wilson running on SF. Wilson had 53 yards and 29 yards at 3.6 YPC. Jackson runs on everyone. And I believe Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander, who are some of the fastest players in the league at their positions, missed at least two of those games each.

     
    andarmac99
    andarmac99
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 16954
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 8:22 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by Macwestie1:

    Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

    Special shout out to the Covers reCAPTCHA and formatting. That is BRUTAL but the only I way I could post it. Maybe a mod could fix those posts and formatting?
    Heres a suggestion on the  "the reCAPTCHA code and formatting" when you do a lengthy write up type it separately in another app Notes then copy a short amount of your paragraphs & then Copy & paste into the Reply section before you press the "Submit" button, then when the reCaptcha code shows up in RED AGAIN Click the Submit button and it should form but in "short paragraphs only"  It's a Pain in the a*s*s so doing long paragraphs is Time consuming *ugh whew does that make sense to you andermac I'm sure your smart enough to figure it out  Andarmac one of the best on Covers bar none very impressive reading indeed

     

    Thanks for the advice Mac!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Macwestie1:

    Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

    Special shout out to the Covers reCAPTCHA and formatting. That is BRUTAL but the only I way I could post it. Maybe a mod could fix those posts and formatting?
    Heres a suggestion on the  "the reCAPTCHA code and formatting" when you do a lengthy write up type it separately in another app Notes then copy a short amount of your paragraphs & then Copy & paste into the Reply section before you press the "Submit" button, then when the reCaptcha code shows up in RED AGAIN Click the Submit button and it should form but in "short paragraphs only"  It's a Pain in the a*s*s so doing long paragraphs is Time consuming *ugh whew does that make sense to you andermac I'm sure your smart enough to figure it out  Andarmac one of the best on Covers bar none very impressive reading indeed

     

    Thanks for the advice Mac!

     
    andarmac99
    andarmac99
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 16954
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 8:26 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by 4headies:

    Just for the sake of argument, how much of a position by position advantage did Tennessee have over KC?

    I'm not sure. I wasn't high on Tennessee at all. I think KC certainly had more advantages on defense than they do vs SF and in other areas they had massive edges. QB, WR, TE, and coaching were edges KC had that were gargantuan over the Titans.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by 4headies:

    Just for the sake of argument, how much of a position by position advantage did Tennessee have over KC?

    I'm not sure. I wasn't high on Tennessee at all. I think KC certainly had more advantages on defense than they do vs SF and in other areas they had massive edges. QB, WR, TE, and coaching were edges KC had that were gargantuan over the Titans.

     
    steve224
    steve224
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 103
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 8:37 PM ET #37

    Nice Breakdown  Andarmac99  
    Reply
    Nice Breakdown  Andarmac99  
     
    andarmac99
    andarmac99
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 16954
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 8:38 PM ET #38

    Great to see so many old names. I don't visit much at all these days, but feel pretty good about this game and since it's the Super Bowl I thought I'd dust off the notebook and put pen to paper.

    One thing I should have mentioned, but I guess is implied by the number, is that I think you're buying the Chiefs high. They are off two wins where their QB was unreal. He could be that good again but vs a big step up in competition it's more than likely he's going to come down and regress a bit. KC has also won and covered 8 straight games. I can't seem to find it in my saved trends but I used to have the stat of favorites in the playoffs on 8+ game win streaks and it's really bad. Think it's a combination of over inflation and simply playing at level that is almost impossible to sustain. 

    Many will scoff at this but my number on this game is SF -6.

    Reply

    Great to see so many old names. I don't visit much at all these days, but feel pretty good about this game and since it's the Super Bowl I thought I'd dust off the notebook and put pen to paper.

    One thing I should have mentioned, but I guess is implied by the number, is that I think you're buying the Chiefs high. They are off two wins where their QB was unreal. He could be that good again but vs a big step up in competition it's more than likely he's going to come down and regress a bit. KC has also won and covered 8 straight games. I can't seem to find it in my saved trends but I used to have the stat of favorites in the playoffs on 8+ game win streaks and it's really bad. Think it's a combination of over inflation and simply playing at level that is almost impossible to sustain. 

    Many will scoff at this but my number on this game is SF -6.

     
    steve224
    steve224
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 103
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 8:50 PM ET #39

    My two cents, I am leaning under on this game. public perception two high powered offences also both teams coming off big overs with a high line , also I have noticed teams seem to be sluggish after being off for two weeks. 
    Reply
    My two cents, I am leaning under on this game. public perception two high powered offences also both teams coming off big overs with a high line , also I have noticed teams seem to be sluggish after being off for two weeks. 
     
    Donkey_Punch_
    Donkey_Punch_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2019
    Posts: 1536
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 9:17 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by steve224:

    My two cents, I am leaning under on this game. public perception two high powered offences also both teams coming off big overs with a high line , also I have noticed teams seem to be sluggish after being off for two weeks.

    Not to derail the thread but...

     

    Last 7 games, 

    KC put up 31+ in 4 of those weeks, with 26 in the 5th highest scoring

    SF put up 27+ in 4 of those weeks with 26 in the 5th highest scoring, the other 2 weeks? they lost.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by steve224:

    My two cents, I am leaning under on this game. public perception two high powered offences also both teams coming off big overs with a high line , also I have noticed teams seem to be sluggish after being off for two weeks.

    Not to derail the thread but...

     

    Last 7 games, 

    KC put up 31+ in 4 of those weeks, with 26 in the 5th highest scoring

    SF put up 27+ in 4 of those weeks with 26 in the 5th highest scoring, the other 2 weeks? they lost.

     
    BigNiner
    BigNiner
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 8232
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 9:53 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

    Great to see so many old names. I don't visit much at all these days, but feel pretty good about this game and since it's the Super Bowl I thought I'd dust off the notebook and put pen to paper. One thing I should have mentioned, but I guess is implied by the number, is that I think you're buying the Chiefs high. They are off two wins where their QB was unreal. He could be that good again but vs a big step up in competition it's more than likely he's going to come down and regress a bit. KC has also won and covered 8 straight games. I can't seem to find it in my saved trends but I used to have the stat of favorites in the playoffs on 8+ game win streaks and it's really bad. Think it's a combination of over inflation and simply playing at level that is almost impossible to sustain.  Many will scoff at this but my number on this game is SF -6.

    Funny you should mention this, as I just posted this in my thread earlier this afternoon:

    KC has won and covered 8 straight, the longest cover streak entering SB since ‘85 Pats (14 before SB). In the 8, KC was favored 7 times and covered by an avg of 7 pts/game. Only ‘76 Pitt, ‘76 Bal, ‘68 Bal, ‘07 Pats had higher cover margins in streaks that long. None won SB.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

    Great to see so many old names. I don't visit much at all these days, but feel pretty good about this game and since it's the Super Bowl I thought I'd dust off the notebook and put pen to paper. One thing I should have mentioned, but I guess is implied by the number, is that I think you're buying the Chiefs high. They are off two wins where their QB was unreal. He could be that good again but vs a big step up in competition it's more than likely he's going to come down and regress a bit. KC has also won and covered 8 straight games. I can't seem to find it in my saved trends but I used to have the stat of favorites in the playoffs on 8+ game win streaks and it's really bad. Think it's a combination of over inflation and simply playing at level that is almost impossible to sustain.  Many will scoff at this but my number on this game is SF -6.

    Funny you should mention this, as I just posted this in my thread earlier this afternoon:

    KC has won and covered 8 straight, the longest cover streak entering SB since ‘85 Pats (14 before SB). In the 8, KC was favored 7 times and covered by an avg of 7 pts/game. Only ‘76 Pitt, ‘76 Bal, ‘68 Bal, ‘07 Pats had higher cover margins in streaks that long. None won SB.

     
    ChOmP
    ChOmP
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 3153
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 10:17 PM ET #42

    I already took a position on this game.. my initial thoughts were the team with more overall balance will win.. My thoughts on the spread are that the spread won’t matter I don’t think it will hit a key number anyway.. the team that wins SU covers

    FYI San Francisco 49ers:
    #1 pass defense 

    Total defense
    Total yards allowed #2 

    Offense 
    2nd in points per game KC behind SF49ers in 3rd
    2nd In rushing behind Baltimore 
    2nd TDs per game


    Winning isn’t everything.. It’s the Only thing.
    Reply
    I already took a position on this game.. my initial thoughts were the team with more overall balance will win.. My thoughts on the spread are that the spread won’t matter I don’t think it will hit a key number anyway.. the team that wins SU covers

    FYI San Francisco 49ers:
    #1 pass defense 

    Total defense
    Total yards allowed #2 

    Offense 
    2nd in points per game KC behind SF49ers in 3rd
    2nd In rushing behind Baltimore 
    2nd TDs per game


     
    andarmac99
    andarmac99
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 16954
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 10:38 PM ET #43

    Few props popping up. Here's a fun one if you are a smaller bettor at 5Dimes and want to bet on SF:

    SF wins by an odd margin of points +250

    SF wins by an even margin of points +348

     

    You can effectively lock in the SF ML for at least a +150 price, which is significantly better than what the actual ML is. 

    Reply

    Few props popping up. Here's a fun one if you are a smaller bettor at 5Dimes and want to bet on SF:

    SF wins by an odd margin of points +250

    SF wins by an even margin of points +348

     

    You can effectively lock in the SF ML for at least a +150 price, which is significantly better than what the actual ML is. 

     
    ChOmP
    ChOmP
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 3153
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 10:41 PM ET #44

    Brian Baldinger breaks down film really good..it’s pretty crazy what San Francisco 49ers are doing offensively as a whole unit..
    I suggest you take a look at his film break downs for teams.. it’s pretty informative..

    Winning isn’t everything.. It’s the Only thing.
    Reply
    Brian Baldinger breaks down film really good..it’s pretty crazy what San Francisco 49ers are doing offensively as a whole unit..
    I suggest you take a look at his film break downs for teams.. it’s pretty informative..

     
    warrenator
    warrenator
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 8538
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 10:54 PM ET #45

    Very concise well reasoned out arguments---I guess all thats missing is the unknown, "chaos factor" such as penalties, missed penalties, turnovers, perhaps some injuries that are unkown or could occur during game time...which is why theres no sure thing even when there is

    Reply

    Very concise well reasoned out arguments---I guess all thats missing is the unknown, "chaos factor" such as penalties, missed penalties, turnovers, perhaps some injuries that are unkown or could occur during game time...which is why theres no sure thing even when there is

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2020 - 11:30 PM ET #46

    Great stuff brother 


    Based on your thoughts, are there any props you like?
    Reply
    Great stuff brother 


    Based on your thoughts, are there any props you like?
     
    sharkscore
    sharkscore
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2015
    Posts: 378
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 12:54 AM ET #47

    good job bro. Mahomes had all day to throw against the titans and texans, he wont have that luxury this game.
    Reply
    good job bro. Mahomes had all day to throw against the titans and texans, he wont have that luxury this game.
     
    Mcmanus
    Mcmanus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 7300
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 1:07 AM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNiner:

    Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

    Great to see so many old names. I don't visit much at all these days, but feel pretty good about this game and since it's the Super Bowl I thought I'd dust off the notebook and put pen to paper. One thing I should have mentioned, but I guess is implied by the number, is that I think you're buying the Chiefs high. They are off two wins where their QB was unreal. He could be that good again but vs a big step up in competition it's more than likely he's going to come down and regress a bit. KC has also won and covered 8 straight games. I can't seem to find it in my saved trends but I used to have the stat of favorites in the playoffs on 8+ game win streaks and it's really bad. Think it's a combination of over inflation and simply playing at level that is almost impossible to sustain.  Many will scoff at this but my number on this game is SF -6.
    Funny you should mention this, as I just posted this in my thread earlier this afternoon: KC has won and covered 8 straight, the longest cover streak entering SB since ‘85 Pats (14 before SB). In the 8, KC was favored 7 times and covered by an avg of 7 pts/game. Only ‘76 Pitt, ‘76 Bal, ‘68 Bal, ‘07 Pats had higher cover margins in streaks that long. None won SB.
      Interesting i never realized that the 1985 Patriots were spread monsters that year peace_5

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNiner:

    Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

    Great to see so many old names. I don't visit much at all these days, but feel pretty good about this game and since it's the Super Bowl I thought I'd dust off the notebook and put pen to paper. One thing I should have mentioned, but I guess is implied by the number, is that I think you're buying the Chiefs high. They are off two wins where their QB was unreal. He could be that good again but vs a big step up in competition it's more than likely he's going to come down and regress a bit. KC has also won and covered 8 straight games. I can't seem to find it in my saved trends but I used to have the stat of favorites in the playoffs on 8+ game win streaks and it's really bad. Think it's a combination of over inflation and simply playing at level that is almost impossible to sustain.  Many will scoff at this but my number on this game is SF -6.
    Funny you should mention this, as I just posted this in my thread earlier this afternoon: KC has won and covered 8 straight, the longest cover streak entering SB since ‘85 Pats (14 before SB). In the 8, KC was favored 7 times and covered by an avg of 7 pts/game. Only ‘76 Pitt, ‘76 Bal, ‘68 Bal, ‘07 Pats had higher cover margins in streaks that long. None won SB.
      Interesting i never realized that the 1985 Patriots were spread monsters that year peace_5

     

     
    guyhopestowin
    guyhopestowin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 6115
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 1:23 AM ET #49

    hope you win whatever you bet on

    this time spent deserves payout!
    Reply
    hope you win whatever you bet on

    this time spent deserves payout!
     
     
    Ikid2groove035
    Ikid2groove035
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 5221
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2020 - 1:31 AM ET #50

    SF can beat you in many ways - high scoring/low scoring - a big advantage in defense. Kc is a 1 trick pony - there defense will get badly exposed here. 49ers is the most consistent team all year. They could of gone 16-0 in the regular season. Take a look at San Francisco defense when they are fully healthy ? It was dam filthy- this game will not be closed- the 49ers will put a demolition on KC 

    Reply

    SF can beat you in many ways - high scoring/low scoring - a big advantage in defense. Kc is a 1 trick pony - there defense will get badly exposed here. 49ers is the most consistent team all year. They could of gone 16-0 in the regular season. Take a look at San Francisco defense when they are fully healthy ? It was dam filthy- this game will not be closed- the 49ers will put a demolition on KC 

    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 234 ... 789 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,266
    • PART DEUX 214
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,108
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,621
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,208
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,136
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,033
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.