New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

The Last Dance

Participants:
Views: 108

Covers Team Icon Covers Team
Posted: #1

Just watched it for the 2nd time last weekend, a few thoughts:

1. There is a lot of debate as to what is true and what isn't, but I won't get into that because we will never know.

2. The idea that MJs stats are inflated because he did not face good players is ridiculous. 

3. I think in a 7 game series against the prime Kobe Lakers would make for incredible basketball, and would be a closer series than people think, but ultimately Shaq would be the X factor.

4. I think his mental toughness and competitive drive is 2nd to none, lots of players across all sports come to mind for willingness to 'do whatever it takes' but that man was on another planet.

5. Lebron is an overall better basketball player especially physically, but MJ has a distinct mental advantage in my opinion and if I'm down 5 with 1:30 to go, I'm taking MJ 10/10

5. Larry Bird is awesome. 

6. I'm a big sneaker guy, big MJ fan, and lifetime basketball player/fan so this was right up my alley and will undoubtedly lead to me buying more shoes.

If there was another team to get the same treatment (10 episodes, same directors) which team would you want to see featured?

Quote Post Report User

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

#3 is an interesting scenario because Phil coached both teams.

If I could watch a series on another team, I'd like to see the Spurs from 99 to 06. 4 rings in 7 years is tough. Mostly I'd like to see the behind the scenes of how Popovich operates and veteran leadership of those teams.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

92-95 Cows   So many characters and the behind the scenes footage would be excellent.  Hell, just following Irvin would be enough.  

Lamp
Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo