• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    Mak's Wednesday Wizardry

    1234 Next Last»
    makaveli23
    Tien2262
    CMo256
    nbafan88
    FeedMeCappers
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 9389
    Posts: 86
    1234 Next Last»
     
    makaveli23
    makaveli23
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5347
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 2:47 PM ET #1

    First let me preface this my stating my units this year will range from 1 - 22.  I doubt I will ever go over 22 units.  Don't bother asking me a monetary amount of my units.  Firstly, you would not believe me considering the fact that I only bet 1%-2% of my bankroll on average.  Secondly, I would never promote betting the amounts I do unless you can afford to lose it, never ever bet what you cannot afford to lose.

    My writeups for the next week and a half will include my Western Conference previews when betting on or against any team in the West, for more info on what I think about the East you can check out my preview post for that Conference.

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=22&sub=101985627

    Lastly, my usual posting times will either be right before tip-off (which I prefer since injuries and lineup news are always changing), or very early (due to the time difference here in Kenya)

    I will end this with a statement Kap uses all the time, this is a marathon not a race, take it easy and most of all have fun!  Peace out - - - MAK
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    WASHINGTON WIZARDS - 8.5 (-120) - - - The Wizards 3rd quarter vs the Knicks was a thing of beauty because it setup a solid pick here at home for the Wiz.  Larry Bird did not expect his start player to go down to an injury for the entire season and the roster and rotation is a clear indicator for that.  This Pacer's team is built around Paul George; a very talented small forward who is a star in this league.  Even once George Hill, C.J Watson and the caption David West return, this Pacer team will struggle against any team that is destined for the playoffs.  The Wiz are on a back-to-back but their 3rd quarter blowout of the Knicks allowed them to rest their starters.  John Wall has improved his all-around game immensely.  He has worked on his jump-shot all summer and seems to be more mentally in-tune during games.  Temple is no Bradly Beal, but his 6'6 height, deceptive quickness, defensive intensity and awesome wingspan will cause C.J Miles to have yet another horrid shooting night.  The SF battle is easily won here by Paul Pierce who is an ageless wonder and will continue to rob youngsters of their dignity, Soloman Hill is no exception.  Scola and Hibbert will have no chance against the duo of Nene and the 50 million dollar man Marcin Gortat.  Hibbert played big minutes in their loss to the Bucks and the big man will labor tonight.  The bench of the Wiz had a breakout game against the Knicks, Kevin Seraphin welcomed himself to the NBA season with a massive game, as did the 63 year old Andre Miller.  I love Otto Porter, a very high draft pick that has yet to show his worth to the team and the league, love his length, defensive aptitude and offensive skill.  I really like the Wiz tonight, unless Stuckey, Scola and Copeland have monster nights, this should be a cover, bank it, Wiz release some Wizardry on this Wednesday evening.

    3 UNITS MICHAEL "YEA I PLAYED FOR THIS TEAM..REMEMBER?" JORDAN - - -

    DETROIT PISTONS - 3.5 (-117) - - - I still have my concerns about the Detroit Pistons, they have a lot of issues, but I love SVG and trust in his basketball knowledge.  I just have a feeling that tonight he will know that in order to win this game, he must start Greg Monroe.  Josh Smith has to guard Mello or the Pistons have little chance to win, let alone cover this game.  I suspect the starting 5 to be Jennings, Pope, Smith, Monroe and Big Drum.  I am also placing a risk bet as I really think J.R Smith will actually be suspended for at least 1 game.  That was not an accidental groin smack, his reputation precedes him and I suspect he watches this game from his hotel room, however no word from the NBA head office as of yet.  Without J.R the bench becomes thinner, subtract Amare (now in the starting 5) and you are left with a scarce amount of talent.  That being said, the Pistons don't have much to boast about off the bench.  I just believe that a front court of Drum, Greg and J Smooth will cause a lot of damage, I love the two PG's for D Town and BJ and D.J will put in work.  I don't see how D-Town does not win SU and cover.

    3 UNITS - - - BEN "FREE THROW SPECIALIST" WALLACE - - - 

    BOSTON CELTICS - 1.5 (-110) - - - I hope I lose this bet, 2 units mean nothing to me...those that know me, know I am very serious about this.  Raps are on a 4 games in 5 night swing.  The Thunder put a scare into them late in the 4th Q and Dwayne Casey has to re-insert DeMarr and Kyle, they have played heavy minutes in their 4 games.  Without Big Val, I just do not see the Raps winning against a very underrated Boston squad (view my season preview on the Celts to see how high I am on this team).  Sullinger will smoke the Raps tonight,  Patterson cannot handle him and Tyler will have to play the 5.  DeMarr will smoke Avery as he has a 6 inch height differential on him, but Rondo will hold down Kyle.  Green will smoke the Raps unless Ross and Johnson D him up the way they are capable of doing.  The Celts bench is better than the Raps, especially since sweet Lou has yet to hit his stride.  I suspect the Raps to be fatigued and out-matched against a Boston squad that made a devastatingly spectacular comeback against a Western team I consider to be a "home court squad".  Celts, unfortunately down my boys in bean town.  :(
    3 UNITS BILL "LORD OF THE RINGS" RUSSELL - - -
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    First let me preface this my stating my units this year will range from 1 - 22.  I doubt I will ever go over 22 units.  Don't bother asking me a monetary amount of my units.  Firstly, you would not believe me considering the fact that I only bet 1%-2% of my bankroll on average.  Secondly, I would never promote betting the amounts I do unless you can afford to lose it, never ever bet what you cannot afford to lose.

    My writeups for the next week and a half will include my Western Conference previews when betting on or against any team in the West, for more info on what I think about the East you can check out my preview post for that Conference.

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=22&sub=101985627

    Lastly, my usual posting times will either be right before tip-off (which I prefer since injuries and lineup news are always changing), or very early (due to the time difference here in Kenya)

    I will end this with a statement Kap uses all the time, this is a marathon not a race, take it easy and most of all have fun!  Peace out - - - MAK
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    WASHINGTON WIZARDS - 8.5 (-120) - - - The Wizards 3rd quarter vs the Knicks was a thing of beauty because it setup a solid pick here at home for the Wiz.  Larry Bird did not expect his start player to go down to an injury for the entire season and the roster and rotation is a clear indicator for that.  This Pacer's team is built around Paul George; a very talented small forward who is a star in this league.  Even once George Hill, C.J Watson and the caption David West return, this Pacer team will struggle against any team that is destined for the playoffs.  The Wiz are on a back-to-back but their 3rd quarter blowout of the Knicks allowed them to rest their starters.  John Wall has improved his all-around game immensely.  He has worked on his jump-shot all summer and seems to be more mentally in-tune during games.  Temple is no Bradly Beal, but his 6'6 height, deceptive quickness, defensive intensity and awesome wingspan will cause C.J Miles to have yet another horrid shooting night.  The SF battle is easily won here by Paul Pierce who is an ageless wonder and will continue to rob youngsters of their dignity, Soloman Hill is no exception.  Scola and Hibbert will have no chance against the duo of Nene and the 50 million dollar man Marcin Gortat.  Hibbert played big minutes in their loss to the Bucks and the big man will labor tonight.  The bench of the Wiz had a breakout game against the Knicks, Kevin Seraphin welcomed himself to the NBA season with a massive game, as did the 63 year old Andre Miller.  I love Otto Porter, a very high draft pick that has yet to show his worth to the team and the league, love his length, defensive aptitude and offensive skill.  I really like the Wiz tonight, unless Stuckey, Scola and Copeland have monster nights, this should be a cover, bank it, Wiz release some Wizardry on this Wednesday evening.

    3 UNITS MICHAEL "YEA I PLAYED FOR THIS TEAM..REMEMBER?" JORDAN - - -

    DETROIT PISTONS - 3.5 (-117) - - - I still have my concerns about the Detroit Pistons, they have a lot of issues, but I love SVG and trust in his basketball knowledge.  I just have a feeling that tonight he will know that in order to win this game, he must start Greg Monroe.  Josh Smith has to guard Mello or the Pistons have little chance to win, let alone cover this game.  I suspect the starting 5 to be Jennings, Pope, Smith, Monroe and Big Drum.  I am also placing a risk bet as I really think J.R Smith will actually be suspended for at least 1 game.  That was not an accidental groin smack, his reputation precedes him and I suspect he watches this game from his hotel room, however no word from the NBA head office as of yet.  Without J.R the bench becomes thinner, subtract Amare (now in the starting 5) and you are left with a scarce amount of talent.  That being said, the Pistons don't have much to boast about off the bench.  I just believe that a front court of Drum, Greg and J Smooth will cause a lot of damage, I love the two PG's for D Town and BJ and D.J will put in work.  I don't see how D-Town does not win SU and cover.

    3 UNITS - - - BEN "FREE THROW SPECIALIST" WALLACE - - - 

    BOSTON CELTICS - 1.5 (-110) - - - I hope I lose this bet, 2 units mean nothing to me...those that know me, know I am very serious about this.  Raps are on a 4 games in 5 night swing.  The Thunder put a scare into them late in the 4th Q and Dwayne Casey has to re-insert DeMarr and Kyle, they have played heavy minutes in their 4 games.  Without Big Val, I just do not see the Raps winning against a very underrated Boston squad (view my season preview on the Celts to see how high I am on this team).  Sullinger will smoke the Raps tonight,  Patterson cannot handle him and Tyler will have to play the 5.  DeMarr will smoke Avery as he has a 6 inch height differential on him, but Rondo will hold down Kyle.  Green will smoke the Raps unless Ross and Johnson D him up the way they are capable of doing.  The Celts bench is better than the Raps, especially since sweet Lou has yet to hit his stride.  I suspect the Raps to be fatigued and out-matched against a Boston squad that made a devastatingly spectacular comeback against a Western team I consider to be a "home court squad".  Celts, unfortunately down my boys in bean town.  :(
    3 UNITS BILL "LORD OF THE RINGS" RUSSELL - - -
     
    makaveli23
    makaveli23
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5347
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 2:47 PM ET #2

    CLEVELAND CAVALIERS - 4.5 (- 119) - - - Lebron always seems to struggle when acclimating himself to a new team, system and offensive playbook.  It comes down to intelligence and basketball I.Q.  LBJ has a lot of all-around skill, one of the best passers the game has ever seen (and that is saying a lot since he is a SF and not a PG), but sheer intelligence is something LBJ has never had and that is why I truly believe he will never be as great and the great one.  Nevertheless, he is the best player on the planet earth and I suspect his redemption song comes tonight vs the Utah Jazz.  Gordan Hayward is an underrated star in this league, but defensively he is still suspect, he cannot handle LBJ nor can any of the SG/SF's on the Jazz roster, look for Lebron to go absolutely bonkers on the Jazz tonight.  Love will own Favors, Verajao and Kanter will even themselves out, Burks will actually out-play Waiters (how does Burks get a 44 million dollar contract...wow!), but Irving will control the game and take Burks to the paint constantly.  With no 2nd pg in the rotation, Utah will struggle to control Irving.  The Cavs bench is very suspect except for the best weak-side offensive rebounder I have seen in a long time, Tristan Thompson.  But I do suspect the vets Marion and Miller to finally show up.  I will save the Jazz season preview for another game because it would contradict a lot of what I have just said as I do like the Jazz a lot...just not tonight.  Exum gets dunked on tonight and has flashbacks of kangaroo jumping in Australia, Cavs roll.

    3 UNITS RICKY "COULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING SPECIAL" DAVIS - - -  

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 4.5 (-110) - - - I love love love this team.  I actually truly believe that the Golden State Warriors have a legit shot and winning the Western Conference (season standing)...that's right I said it.  Klay Thompson...worth every fuckin penny.  The kid is a star.  Bradley Beal and Klay are the future of this league at the 2 position.  The new Kobe and Wade.  Curry is not only a slick shooter, but has expanded his game to finish at the bucket and absorb contact as well.  As long as his ankles hold up, this kid will be mentioned as a top 5 PG in the NBA for years to come.  Harrison Barnes starting is a brilliant move by Kerr, it allows for a deeper bench and more of a spread offense.  David Lee starts tonight, he may be rust and could quite possibly get owned by Blake, but has always played BG well and if healthy, will cause problems for the all-start power forward.  Andrew Bogut is the MVP of this team, they went 33-13 with him in the lineup and his presence down low is what makes this team a Western Conference finalist contender.  The bench for the Warriors is highlighted by an all-star caliber forward by the name of Iggy.  He may score in single digits, but watch his stats on the glass and with the dimes, the kid is an all-around stud.  First time in his career coming off the bench and his unselfish, humble approach to the game is refreshing.  He may not start games, but he will always finish them.  Draymond Green moves to the bench with the return of Lee, Green is an under-sized PF who can grab boards with the best of em.  His defensive post presence is underrated as well.  Festus is a key role player, he is ever-improving and will surpirse people offensively.  he is a defensive mastermind and a rim-protector in the paint.  Barboas looks like a young spring-chicken and can still ball with the best of em, his offensive aptitude has not decreased over the years, in fact he looks better than ever.  Livingston was a great pickup and Speights is a solid 4 man role player...I love love love this team, +1000 on futures to win the West is a pretty good gamble, they are 1 role player away from being a title contender.  As long as this team stays healthy, they are as good as anyone in the league.  Warriors are golden tonight.

    3 UNITS SARUNAS "THE ORIGINAL SIXTH MAN" MARCIULIONIS - - -   
    Reply
    CLEVELAND CAVALIERS - 4.5 (- 119) - - - Lebron always seems to struggle when acclimating himself to a new team, system and offensive playbook.  It comes down to intelligence and basketball I.Q.  LBJ has a lot of all-around skill, one of the best passers the game has ever seen (and that is saying a lot since he is a SF and not a PG), but sheer intelligence is something LBJ has never had and that is why I truly believe he will never be as great and the great one.  Nevertheless, he is the best player on the planet earth and I suspect his redemption song comes tonight vs the Utah Jazz.  Gordan Hayward is an underrated star in this league, but defensively he is still suspect, he cannot handle LBJ nor can any of the SG/SF's on the Jazz roster, look for Lebron to go absolutely bonkers on the Jazz tonight.  Love will own Favors, Verajao and Kanter will even themselves out, Burks will actually out-play Waiters (how does Burks get a 44 million dollar contract...wow!), but Irving will control the game and take Burks to the paint constantly.  With no 2nd pg in the rotation, Utah will struggle to control Irving.  The Cavs bench is very suspect except for the best weak-side offensive rebounder I have seen in a long time, Tristan Thompson.  But I do suspect the vets Marion and Miller to finally show up.  I will save the Jazz season preview for another game because it would contradict a lot of what I have just said as I do like the Jazz a lot...just not tonight.  Exum gets dunked on tonight and has flashbacks of kangaroo jumping in Australia, Cavs roll.

    3 UNITS RICKY "COULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING SPECIAL" DAVIS - - -  

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 4.5 (-110) - - - I love love love this team.  I actually truly believe that the Golden State Warriors have a legit shot and winning the Western Conference (season standing)...that's right I said it.  Klay Thompson...worth every fuckin penny.  The kid is a star.  Bradley Beal and Klay are the future of this league at the 2 position.  The new Kobe and Wade.  Curry is not only a slick shooter, but has expanded his game to finish at the bucket and absorb contact as well.  As long as his ankles hold up, this kid will be mentioned as a top 5 PG in the NBA for years to come.  Harrison Barnes starting is a brilliant move by Kerr, it allows for a deeper bench and more of a spread offense.  David Lee starts tonight, he may be rust and could quite possibly get owned by Blake, but has always played BG well and if healthy, will cause problems for the all-start power forward.  Andrew Bogut is the MVP of this team, they went 33-13 with him in the lineup and his presence down low is what makes this team a Western Conference finalist contender.  The bench for the Warriors is highlighted by an all-star caliber forward by the name of Iggy.  He may score in single digits, but watch his stats on the glass and with the dimes, the kid is an all-around stud.  First time in his career coming off the bench and his unselfish, humble approach to the game is refreshing.  He may not start games, but he will always finish them.  Draymond Green moves to the bench with the return of Lee, Green is an under-sized PF who can grab boards with the best of em.  His defensive post presence is underrated as well.  Festus is a key role player, he is ever-improving and will surpirse people offensively.  he is a defensive mastermind and a rim-protector in the paint.  Barboas looks like a young spring-chicken and can still ball with the best of em, his offensive aptitude has not decreased over the years, in fact he looks better than ever.  Livingston was a great pickup and Speights is a solid 4 man role player...I love love love this team, +1000 on futures to win the West is a pretty good gamble, they are 1 role player away from being a title contender.  As long as this team stays healthy, they are as good as anyone in the league.  Warriors are golden tonight.

    3 UNITS SARUNAS "THE ORIGINAL SIXTH MAN" MARCIULIONIS - - -   
     
    Tien2262
    Tien2262
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 1660
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 2:55 PM ET #3

    Bol bro. Tailing some
    Nice writeup
    Reply
    Bol bro. Tailing some
    Nice writeup
     
    CMo256
    CMo256
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 2880
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 2:57 PM ET #4

    The covers NBA king 
    Reply
    The covers NBA king 
     
    nbafan88
    nbafan88
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 26899
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 2:58 PM ET #5

    I cannot tell you how much I appreciate reading your writeups. Thank you and I agree on the wiz and Boston. Good luck bud
    Reply
    I cannot tell you how much I appreciate reading your writeups. Thank you and I agree on the wiz and Boston. Good luck bud
     
    FeedMeCappers
    FeedMeCappers
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 5516
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:00 PM ET #6

    Reply
     
    jriv189
    jriv189
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1891
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:01 PM ET #7

     well done mack im on boston, suns and golden state 
    Reply
     well done mack im on boston, suns and golden state 
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:01 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli23:

    CLEVELAND CAVALIERS - 4.5 (- 119) - - - Lebron always seems to struggle when acclimating himself to a new team, system and offensive playbook.  It comes down to intelligence and basketball I.Q.  LBJ has a lot of all-around skill, one of the best passers the game has ever seen (and that is saying a lot since he is a SF and not a PG), but sheer intelligence is something LBJ has never had and that is why I truly believe he will never be as great and the great one.  Nevertheless, he is the best player on the planet earth and I suspect his redemption song comes tonight vs the Utah Jazz.  Gordan Hayward is an underrated star in this league, but defensively he is still suspect, he cannot handle LBJ nor can any of the SG/SF's on the Jazz roster, look for Lebron to go absolutely bonkers on the Jazz tonight.  Love will own Favors, Verajao and Kanter will even themselves out, Burks will actually out-play Waiters (how does Burks get a 44 million dollar contract...wow!), but Irving will control the game and take Burks to the paint constantly.  With no 2nd pg in the rotation, Utah will struggle to control Irving.  The Cavs bench is very suspect except for the best weak-side offensive rebounder I have seen in a long time, Tristan Thompson.  But I do suspect the vets Marion and Miller to finally show up.  I will save the Jazz season preview for another game because it would contradict a lot of what I have just said as I do like the Jazz a lot...just not tonight.  Exum gets dunked on tonight and has flashbacks of kangaroo jumping in Australia, Cavs roll.

    3 UNITS RICKY "COULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING SPECIAL" DAVIS - - -  

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 4.5 (-110) - - - I love love love this team.  I actually truly believe that the Golden State Warriors have a legit shot and winning the Western Conference (season standing)...that's right I said it.  Klay Thompson...worth every fuckin penny.  The kid is a star.  Bradley Beal and Klay are the future of this league at the 2 position.  The new Kobe and Wade.  Curry is not only a slick shooter, but has expanded his game to finish at the bucket and absorb contact as well.  As long as his ankles hold up, this kid will be mentioned as a top 5 PG in the NBA for years to come.  Harrison Barnes starting is a brilliant move by Kerr, it allows for a deeper bench and more of a spread offense.  David Lee starts tonight, he may be rust and could quite possibly get owned by Blake, but has always played BG well and if healthy, will cause problems for the all-start power forward.  Andrew Bogut is the MVP of this team, they went 33-13 with him in the lineup and his presence down low is what makes this team a Western Conference finalist contender.  The bench for the Warriors is highlighted by an all-star caliber forward by the name of Iggy.  He may score in single digits, but watch his stats on the glass and with the dimes, the kid is an all-around stud.  First time in his career coming off the bench and his unselfish, humble approach to the game is refreshing.  He may not start games, but he will always finish them.  Draymond Green moves to the bench with the return of Lee, Green is an under-sized PF who can grab boards with the best of em.  His defensive post presence is underrated as well.  Festus is a key role player, he is ever-improving and will surpirse people offensively.  he is a defensive mastermind and a rim-protector in the paint.  Barboas looks like a young spring-chicken and can still ball with the best of em, his offensive aptitude has not decreased over the years, in fact he looks better than ever.  Livingston was a great pickup and Speights is a solid 4 man role player...I love love love this team, +1000 on futures to win the West is a pretty good gamble, they are 1 role player away from being a title contender.  As long as this team stays healthy, they are as good as anyone in the league.  Warriors are golden tonight.

    3 UNITS SARUNAS "THE ORIGINAL SIXTH MAN" MARCIULIONIS - - -   

    Great writeup, Mak. Feel the same about the Warriors this year and tonight. Only a major injury can stop them this year. I have also heard that the marketing geniuses at the NBA really like the Dubs, which doesn't hurt (especially in close  games, where the officiating matters). OKC will have a tough time getting into the playoffs this year, leaving us with the Clippers and the Spurs. Hopefully, just the Clippers, unless the dubs can get over Pop's jedi mind tricks (the Spurs own the Dubs). Good luck.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli23:

    CLEVELAND CAVALIERS - 4.5 (- 119) - - - Lebron always seems to struggle when acclimating himself to a new team, system and offensive playbook.  It comes down to intelligence and basketball I.Q.  LBJ has a lot of all-around skill, one of the best passers the game has ever seen (and that is saying a lot since he is a SF and not a PG), but sheer intelligence is something LBJ has never had and that is why I truly believe he will never be as great and the great one.  Nevertheless, he is the best player on the planet earth and I suspect his redemption song comes tonight vs the Utah Jazz.  Gordan Hayward is an underrated star in this league, but defensively he is still suspect, he cannot handle LBJ nor can any of the SG/SF's on the Jazz roster, look for Lebron to go absolutely bonkers on the Jazz tonight.  Love will own Favors, Verajao and Kanter will even themselves out, Burks will actually out-play Waiters (how does Burks get a 44 million dollar contract...wow!), but Irving will control the game and take Burks to the paint constantly.  With no 2nd pg in the rotation, Utah will struggle to control Irving.  The Cavs bench is very suspect except for the best weak-side offensive rebounder I have seen in a long time, Tristan Thompson.  But I do suspect the vets Marion and Miller to finally show up.  I will save the Jazz season preview for another game because it would contradict a lot of what I have just said as I do like the Jazz a lot...just not tonight.  Exum gets dunked on tonight and has flashbacks of kangaroo jumping in Australia, Cavs roll.

    3 UNITS RICKY "COULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING SPECIAL" DAVIS - - -  

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 4.5 (-110) - - - I love love love this team.  I actually truly believe that the Golden State Warriors have a legit shot and winning the Western Conference (season standing)...that's right I said it.  Klay Thompson...worth every fuckin penny.  The kid is a star.  Bradley Beal and Klay are the future of this league at the 2 position.  The new Kobe and Wade.  Curry is not only a slick shooter, but has expanded his game to finish at the bucket and absorb contact as well.  As long as his ankles hold up, this kid will be mentioned as a top 5 PG in the NBA for years to come.  Harrison Barnes starting is a brilliant move by Kerr, it allows for a deeper bench and more of a spread offense.  David Lee starts tonight, he may be rust and could quite possibly get owned by Blake, but has always played BG well and if healthy, will cause problems for the all-start power forward.  Andrew Bogut is the MVP of this team, they went 33-13 with him in the lineup and his presence down low is what makes this team a Western Conference finalist contender.  The bench for the Warriors is highlighted by an all-star caliber forward by the name of Iggy.  He may score in single digits, but watch his stats on the glass and with the dimes, the kid is an all-around stud.  First time in his career coming off the bench and his unselfish, humble approach to the game is refreshing.  He may not start games, but he will always finish them.  Draymond Green moves to the bench with the return of Lee, Green is an under-sized PF who can grab boards with the best of em.  His defensive post presence is underrated as well.  Festus is a key role player, he is ever-improving and will surpirse people offensively.  he is a defensive mastermind and a rim-protector in the paint.  Barboas looks like a young spring-chicken and can still ball with the best of em, his offensive aptitude has not decreased over the years, in fact he looks better than ever.  Livingston was a great pickup and Speights is a solid 4 man role player...I love love love this team, +1000 on futures to win the West is a pretty good gamble, they are 1 role player away from being a title contender.  As long as this team stays healthy, they are as good as anyone in the league.  Warriors are golden tonight.

    3 UNITS SARUNAS "THE ORIGINAL SIXTH MAN" MARCIULIONIS - - -   

    Great writeup, Mak. Feel the same about the Warriors this year and tonight. Only a major injury can stop them this year. I have also heard that the marketing geniuses at the NBA really like the Dubs, which doesn't hurt (especially in close  games, where the officiating matters). OKC will have a tough time getting into the playoffs this year, leaving us with the Clippers and the Spurs. Hopefully, just the Clippers, unless the dubs can get over Pop's jedi mind tricks (the Spurs own the Dubs). Good luck.
     
    jriv189
    jriv189
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1891
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:02 PM ET #9

    will you be writing up games everyday mack? 
    Reply
    will you be writing up games everyday mack? 
     
    TFIN29
    TFIN29
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 188
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:17 PM ET #10

    Thanks Mak, great write ups as usual.  
    Reply
    Thanks Mak, great write ups as usual.  
     
    syracusejoe
    syracusejoe
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 2847
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:20 PM ET #11

    Thanks mak. Appreciate early post.
    Reply
    Thanks mak. Appreciate early post.
     
    Rotomania
    Rotomania
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 118
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:21 PM ET #12

    Thanks for analysis, Mak! Love the former player references.

    Just so you know, they've been trying to make Kanters their stretch 4, so Love should own Kanters rather than Favors. Also, Booker has been thriving in Utah, so you could see more Booker on Love.
    Reply
    Thanks for analysis, Mak! Love the former player references.

    Just so you know, they've been trying to make Kanters their stretch 4, so Love should own Kanters rather than Favors. Also, Booker has been thriving in Utah, so you could see more Booker on Love.
     
    m3dicineman
    m3dicineman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 2798
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:28 PM ET #13

    lets go dubz! jonas out for raptors tonight too
    Reply
    lets go dubz! jonas out for raptors tonight too
     
    Twosy3
    Twosy3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 80
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:49 PM ET #14

    Mak, thanks for the insight and look forward to following. Quick question, will you be keeping an overal record with +/- units ytd?  Thanks and BOL!
    Reply
    Mak, thanks for the insight and look forward to following. Quick question, will you be keeping an overal record with +/- units ytd?  Thanks and BOL!
     
    BeatTheBookie1
    BeatTheBookie1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:50 PM ET #15

    Love the write ups man, some great insight. Just so you know, Johnson is out for the raps tonight which makes me think Green will have a big game. I am with you on Boston.

    Also got Miami and Clips tonight.

    Good luck, looking forward to reading your picks.
    Reply
    Love the write ups man, some great insight. Just so you know, Johnson is out for the raps tonight which makes me think Green will have a big game. I am with you on Boston.

    Also got Miami and Clips tonight.

    Good luck, looking forward to reading your picks.
     
    Champ_Iz_Here
    Champ_Iz_Here
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2012
    Posts: 1665
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:52 PM ET #16

    Like em all except cavs. B2B and going to Utah. Lebron is not pleased and was playing like a chump last night. Utah is just the type of team to pounce and play way ahead of themselves. I like the points +5 and fully expect the jazz to win SU
    Reply
    Like em all except cavs. B2B and going to Utah. Lebron is not pleased and was playing like a chump last night. Utah is just the type of team to pounce and play way ahead of themselves. I like the points +5 and fully expect the jazz to win SU
     
    dimeplayer68
    dimeplayer68
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 9160
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 3:56 PM ET #17

    Reply
     
    jriv189
    jriv189
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1891
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 4:02 PM ET #18

    J.R smith is out. I actually think that benefits the knicks hardaway and shump will get more playing time. J.R is a terrible team player and jacks up to many ridiculous jumpers. I wish the knicks would just cut ties with him.
    Reply
    J.R smith is out. I actually think that benefits the knicks hardaway and shump will get more playing time. J.R is a terrible team player and jacks up to many ridiculous jumpers. I wish the knicks would just cut ties with him.
     
    makaveli23
    makaveli23
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5347
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 4:15 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien2262:

    Bol bro. Tailing some
    Nice writeup


    Appreciate it, good luck to you/us. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien2262:

    Bol bro. Tailing some
    Nice writeup


    Appreciate it, good luck to you/us. 


     
    makaveli23
    makaveli23
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5347
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 4:17 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by CMo256:

    The covers NBA king 


    Those are some mighty kind words CMo, much much appreciated.  GL to you whatever plays you're on.  Peace.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by CMo256:

    The covers NBA king 


    Those are some mighty kind words CMo, much much appreciated.  GL to you whatever plays you're on.  Peace.


     
    makaveli23
    makaveli23
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5347
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 4:20 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88:

    I cannot tell you how much I appreciate reading your writeups. Thank you and I agree on the wiz and Boston. Good luck bud


    nbafan!! Long time no see buddy, great to hear from you again.  I always appreciate your appreciation.  Hope to hear from you all season long man, best of luck to us on the Wiz and Celts, & BOL to you on whatever else you're pulling the trigger on tonight.  Peace.




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88:

    I cannot tell you how much I appreciate reading your writeups. Thank you and I agree on the wiz and Boston. Good luck bud


    nbafan!! Long time no see buddy, great to hear from you again.  I always appreciate your appreciation.  Hope to hear from you all season long man, best of luck to us on the Wiz and Celts, & BOL to you on whatever else you're pulling the trigger on tonight.  Peace.




     
    djcbulls23
    djcbulls23
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 13323
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 4:21 PM ET #22

    BOL Mak, got a good laugh at the kangaroo jumping line
    Reply
    BOL Mak, got a good laugh at the kangaroo jumping line
     
    makaveli23
    makaveli23
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5347
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 4:23 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by FeedMeCappers:



    Love seeing your dog's mug on my thread.  BOL to you, you popcorn eating son of a gun.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedMeCappers:



    Love seeing your dog's mug on my thread.  BOL to you, you popcorn eating son of a gun.
     
    makaveli23
    makaveli23
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5347
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 4:27 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by jriv189:

     well done mack im on boston, suns and golden state 


    Thanks jriv,

    Man I love the Suns squad, can't wait till I get a chance to do a full preview/writeup on them.  But I would be very careful tonight.  Memphis always play the Suns well, Courtney Lee is back which sends Prince back to the bench giving them some depth with Vince, Beno, Price, Koufus and Pondexter.  The Suns have a better bench for sure, but Gasol and Zach just seem to negate everything any opposing bigs do.  So do not expect any production from Plumlee, Markieff or Alex Len.  Even Marcus and Green will be held up because of Allen's defense, not to mention Lee and Conley are solid perimeter defenders.  Be very careful the the Suns today in my opinion, I like the Griz a lot facing a young Suns team on a back to back, just love the Suns too much to bet against them at home at this point in the season.  Good luck though, will be rooting for ya.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jriv189:

     well done mack im on boston, suns and golden state 


    Thanks jriv,

    Man I love the Suns squad, can't wait till I get a chance to do a full preview/writeup on them.  But I would be very careful tonight.  Memphis always play the Suns well, Courtney Lee is back which sends Prince back to the bench giving them some depth with Vince, Beno, Price, Koufus and Pondexter.  The Suns have a better bench for sure, but Gasol and Zach just seem to negate everything any opposing bigs do.  So do not expect any production from Plumlee, Markieff or Alex Len.  Even Marcus and Green will be held up because of Allen's defense, not to mention Lee and Conley are solid perimeter defenders.  Be very careful the the Suns today in my opinion, I like the Griz a lot facing a young Suns team on a back to back, just love the Suns too much to bet against them at home at this point in the season.  Good luck though, will be rooting for ya.


     
     
    makaveli23
    makaveli23
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5347
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 4:34 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by jriv189:

    will you be writing up games everyday mack? 


    I sure will try buddy, but business will always come first.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jriv189:

    will you be writing up games everyday mack? 


    I sure will try buddy, but business will always come first.
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,450
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 690
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,366
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,988
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,835
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,523
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,889
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,932
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,363
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,319

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.