Posted:
#26
I've been covering spreads for 5 years now. Two years I was in the black including last year. That means 3 years I lost $ and would have been better off not gambling at all. I've been on both sides of the spectrum. At times I didn't have to work and sat around making bank on college basketball and soccer games while I watched my son and my girl punched the clock. I've also been in a spot where i maxed out two credit cards and had to work minimum wage jobs just to put food on the table.
Now I'm in the middle. I still have $1100 of debt I have to pay off but I also work a regular job. I've found that it's best to have a source of regular income and whatever you gain from the sports book is just extra income. When you're counting on it to feed your family you're setting yourself up to have a real bad time.
The best advice I can give you is to always keep your units the same. I divide my bank roll by 17 and use that amount for a month as a unit. Why 17? Just because, but it allows me to ride out the inevitable losing streak. So I bet the same amount on a 1:30 baseball game as I do an NBA playoff game. I've never met a successful sports bettor who bets different units on games. I also never play a line for more than -105 and almost always play + returns. That way even if I only hit 50% I still make a profit.
Good luck, buddy. Hopefully your family isn't cleaning your brains off the carpet as we speak. Get some discipline or expect things to get much worse.
Now I'm in the middle. I still have $1100 of debt I have to pay off but I also work a regular job. I've found that it's best to have a source of regular income and whatever you gain from the sports book is just extra income. When you're counting on it to feed your family you're setting yourself up to have a real bad time.
The best advice I can give you is to always keep your units the same. I divide my bank roll by 17 and use that amount for a month as a unit. Why 17? Just because, but it allows me to ride out the inevitable losing streak. So I bet the same amount on a 1:30 baseball game as I do an NBA playoff game. I've never met a successful sports bettor who bets different units on games. I also never play a line for more than -105 and almost always play + returns. That way even if I only hit 50% I still make a profit.
Good luck, buddy. Hopefully your family isn't cleaning your brains off the carpet as we speak. Get some discipline or expect things to get much worse.
