• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    FEELING SUICIDILE AT THIS POINT WITH MY BAD LUCK.

    12 Next Last»
    JONNYMUSH
    titsmcgee4pres
    risktaker
    smallcock
    For_The_Books
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2183
    Posts: 38
    12 Next Last»
     
    JONNYMUSH
    JONNYMUSH
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 784
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 1:52 AM ET #1

    Just today and this happens every week to me

    Game 1 wiz/ rap
    Had the over 2nd half big and still didn't hit with OT because Toronto     Fuc ken sucks

    Game 2 NO/ GS
    Had over 205.5 FG big and it lands on 205

    Game 3 chi/ bucks 
    Waited for live play and I took bucks LIVE +11.5 big the guy went up court for the last shot when the usually never do that when down so big he shoots and the ball raddled in and out .... Fuuuuuuuuuu

    Game 4 Dallas/ houston
    I had Dallas 1st half +3 5 seconds left Dallas only down 1 and Ariza takes a 3 and the motha fuc ken ball raddles out went straight up and back into the basket wowwwwwww and I already know if I had Houston the ball would've just raddles out ....

    Now if that isn't bad luck then what is it , because forsure it can't be bad handicapping ...I really need to know before i just pull this trigger
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Just today and this happens every week to me

    Game 1 wiz/ rap
    Had the over 2nd half big and still didn't hit with OT because Toronto     Fuc ken sucks

    Game 2 NO/ GS
    Had over 205.5 FG big and it lands on 205

    Game 3 chi/ bucks 
    Waited for live play and I took bucks LIVE +11.5 big the guy went up court for the last shot when the usually never do that when down so big he shoots and the ball raddled in and out .... Fuuuuuuuuuu

    Game 4 Dallas/ houston
    I had Dallas 1st half +3 5 seconds left Dallas only down 1 and Ariza takes a 3 and the motha fuc ken ball raddles out went straight up and back into the basket wowwwwwww and I already know if I had Houston the ball would've just raddles out ....

    Now if that isn't bad luck then what is it , because forsure it can't be bad handicapping ...I really need to know before i just pull this trigger
     
    JONNYMUSH
    JONNYMUSH
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 784
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 1:54 AM ET #2

    I am a mush
    Reply
    I am a mush
     
    JONNYMUSH
    JONNYMUSH
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 784
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 1:56 AM ET #3

    Don't let me leave this out , I also had Seattle huge for the Super Bowl and of course what could've seeled the deal ends up being the worst call ever in super bowl history 
    Reply
    Don't let me leave this out , I also had Seattle huge for the Super Bowl and of course what could've seeled the deal ends up being the worst call ever in super bowl history 
     
    titsmcgee4pres
    titsmcgee4pres
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 26
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 2:01 AM ET #4

    start posting your plays so i can fade them plz

    Reply
    start posting your plays so i can fade them plz

     
    risktaker
    risktaker
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 18970
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 2:11 AM ET #5

    im sure all of us had something like that happen to us its part of the game , i know exactly how u feel but it fuels me it makes me angry in good way i tell my self stop feeling sorry for my self and try even harder but everybody got their way of dealing with it you gotta find what works for u it may even be stoping gambling so u don't feel like that there are a lot of other thing you can do that you may enjoy but for some of us this is it we love it and cant get enough of it win lose or draw  
    Reply
    im sure all of us had something like that happen to us its part of the game , i know exactly how u feel but it fuels me it makes me angry in good way i tell my self stop feeling sorry for my self and try even harder but everybody got their way of dealing with it you gotta find what works for u it may even be stoping gambling so u don't feel like that there are a lot of other thing you can do that you may enjoy but for some of us this is it we love it and cant get enough of it win lose or draw  
     
    smallcock
    smallcock
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 2:13 AM ET #6

    if it makes you fell better, i have a 2 inch person. that's a bad beat
    Reply
    if it makes you fell better, i have a 2 inch person. that's a bad beat
     
    For_The_Books
    For_The_Books
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 4059
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 2:36 AM ET #7

    DROP THE PAYLOAD ON BLAZERS TOMORROW MONEYLINE ONE TIME!!!!!!
    Reply
    DROP THE PAYLOAD ON BLAZERS TOMORROW MONEYLINE ONE TIME!!!!!!
     
    kevmode
    kevmode
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 6587
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 3:30 AM ET #8

    Maybe you should make your bets smaller so they don't hurt as much when you lose.
    Reply
    Maybe you should make your bets smaller so they don't hurt as much when you lose.
     
    Kefu
    Kefu
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 125
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 3:32 AM ET #9

    Bro... thats bad handicapping.  So please don't think that was good handicapping.

    You were lucky to be in the position to have a shot at winning each of your bets. 

    Reply
    Bro... thats bad handicapping.  So please don't think that was good handicapping.

    You were lucky to be in the position to have a shot at winning each of your bets. 

     
    guyhopestowin
    guyhopestowin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 6116
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 3:48 AM ET #10

    i had seattle also

    i went through your times, remember a sunny day is waiting after a storm, just decrease your unit sizes, and try

    you need to look at your performance over long term i would say one month at least, if in long term your winning % is not good then you have bad luck
    Reply
    i had seattle also

    i went through your times, remember a sunny day is waiting after a storm, just decrease your unit sizes, and try

    you need to look at your performance over long term i would say one month at least, if in long term your winning % is not good then you have bad luck
     
    LONG-TU
    LONG-TU
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6182
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 3:57 AM ET #11

    Just quit gambling brother, you dont needs this. When I was younger I book wagers for atleast 30-40 players in a span of 7-8 years and guess what , none of them comes out ahead, most of them went broke!!!!
    Reply
    Just quit gambling brother, you dont needs this. When I was younger I book wagers for atleast 30-40 players in a span of 7-8 years and guess what , none of them comes out ahead, most of them went broke!!!!
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 5:06 AM ET #12

    1) Fade yourself after feeling good on a pick

    2) Flip a coin - this way it is a complete 50/50 and not your fault if it loses

    3) Bet smaller amounts and for fun, not to make a killing

    4) Realize that EVERY BETTOR goes through horrific runs.  I've lost 17 straight NHL sides IN-A-ROW (and REFUSED to fade myself, even after 10 in-a-row), 14 red/black bets on a casino roulette table in a row (real life, not online), and nine Pass/Don't Pass bets on a casino craps table (promised to stop if I hit 10 in-a-row, but the casino felt sorry for me and shut the table down after the 9th loss).

    You are not unique in that.


    Reply
    1) Fade yourself after feeling good on a pick

    2) Flip a coin - this way it is a complete 50/50 and not your fault if it loses

    3) Bet smaller amounts and for fun, not to make a killing

    4) Realize that EVERY BETTOR goes through horrific runs.  I've lost 17 straight NHL sides IN-A-ROW (and REFUSED to fade myself, even after 10 in-a-row), 14 red/black bets on a casino roulette table in a row (real life, not online), and nine Pass/Don't Pass bets on a casino craps table (promised to stop if I hit 10 in-a-row, but the casino felt sorry for me and shut the table down after the 9th loss).

    You are not unique in that.


     
    mcorcoran3
    mcorcoran3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 93
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 5:17 AM ET #13

    I am in my 30s. When I first started betting I my early 20s I turned a $200 deposit into $3000 in like a week, and then proceeded to go-1-14 and lose it all. It seemed almost comical at the time.

    Anyway, since then I have just started making my bets a certain percentage of my bankroll, or lower. If my bankroll gets lower, so does the size of my unit. and Vice Versa.

    This can be fun, but you can't allow the quality of your financial life to be depended on winning. Just bet small and try to find an edge here and there. Don't panic and bet a lot Sunday. Take the day off, or bet $25 bucks a game (or whatever is comparably  small based on your bankroll).

    To me the fun in gambling is not about money, it is about the research and decision making (and yes, a hell of a lot of luck -- see my win for GS OVER 204.5)

    Don''t kill youself. It could always be a lot worse.
    Reply
    I am in my 30s. When I first started betting I my early 20s I turned a $200 deposit into $3000 in like a week, and then proceeded to go-1-14 and lose it all. It seemed almost comical at the time.

    Anyway, since then I have just started making my bets a certain percentage of my bankroll, or lower. If my bankroll gets lower, so does the size of my unit. and Vice Versa.

    This can be fun, but you can't allow the quality of your financial life to be depended on winning. Just bet small and try to find an edge here and there. Don't panic and bet a lot Sunday. Take the day off, or bet $25 bucks a game (or whatever is comparably  small based on your bankroll).

    To me the fun in gambling is not about money, it is about the research and decision making (and yes, a hell of a lot of luck -- see my win for GS OVER 204.5)

    Don''t kill youself. It could always be a lot worse.
     
    Doni13
    Doni13
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 862
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 5:43 AM ET #14

    I live in Seattle............so losing money was the least  pain on that stupid Super Bowl call

    I literally got sick to my stomach...........I was so sure somethiing bad was going to happen..........I followed last five minutes on my phone........when I saw NE had ball...........I said, why the heck did Beast Mode fumble.........when I heard it was an interception.........I sat stunned for an hour............did not even "see" the  play until two months after game................ 
    Reply
    I live in Seattle............so losing money was the least  pain on that stupid Super Bowl call

    I literally got sick to my stomach...........I was so sure somethiing bad was going to happen..........I followed last five minutes on my phone........when I saw NE had ball...........I said, why the heck did Beast Mode fumble.........when I heard it was an interception.........I sat stunned for an hour............did not even "see" the  play until two months after game................ 
     
    TopNotchKata
    TopNotchKata
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 858
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:04 AM ET #15

    its not worth pulling the trigger man. money aint garbage 
    Reply
    its not worth pulling the trigger man. money aint garbage 
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:08 AM ET #16

    You got some problems bro. There's far more to life than betting sports. If you kill yourself, you will be reincarated and have to start all over again, go to school, all the boring stuff.

    Trust me, things will get better. I have the absolute worst luck in sports betting history. But I don't really believe in luck, see everything in the universe is rigged. Everything happens for a reason, nothing is random. And until you change your mindset and stop chasing losses, you'll continue to lose. Trust me, there is no way around it. It's just the way things works.

    Hang in there bro
    Reply
    You got some problems bro. There's far more to life than betting sports. If you kill yourself, you will be reincarated and have to start all over again, go to school, all the boring stuff.

    Trust me, things will get better. I have the absolute worst luck in sports betting history. But I don't really believe in luck, see everything in the universe is rigged. Everything happens for a reason, nothing is random. And until you change your mindset and stop chasing losses, you'll continue to lose. Trust me, there is no way around it. It's just the way things works.

    Hang in there bro
     
    Stryc9Nine
    Stryc9Nine
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 3811
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:09 AM ET #17

    If it makes you feel any better, I had 50% of my roll on Seattle. I'm still recovering from that loss.
    Reply
    If it makes you feel any better, I had 50% of my roll on Seattle. I'm still recovering from that loss.
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:11 AM ET #18

    I had NE and the Over in the SB, won the parlay but that doesn't change the fact that I have the worst luck in sports betting history. I could write a book about my bad beats. I don't do straight bets, only parlays. So, I've had like 100 tickets lose by 1 game by 1 point or less. And in the most insane ways possible. It's just the rigged universe matrix that we live in. It happens to everyone at some points.
    Reply
    I had NE and the Over in the SB, won the parlay but that doesn't change the fact that I have the worst luck in sports betting history. I could write a book about my bad beats. I don't do straight bets, only parlays. So, I've had like 100 tickets lose by 1 game by 1 point or less. And in the most insane ways possible. It's just the rigged universe matrix that we live in. It happens to everyone at some points.
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:12 AM ET #19

    No offense either, but Seattle was a very bad pick. You have to realize how sports works. It was 100% obvious they would rig the game for New England to win, so gronk could get a ring. Seattle won season before last, which was also obvious based on the 2.5 spread.
    Reply
    No offense either, but Seattle was a very bad pick. You have to realize how sports works. It was 100% obvious they would rig the game for New England to win, so gronk could get a ring. Seattle won season before last, which was also obvious based on the 2.5 spread.
     
    LIanafranks5
    LIanafranks5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2034
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:15 AM ET #20

    You should hire a good handicapper and just follow those bets and that's it. Takes discipline and money management and time and practice. Trust me, I've been doing this almost 10 years and I'm still learning. You can't base your whole life on it though, it won't work like that. Especially if the universe is trying to send you a message that there is more to live for than money. Use your money to buy what you need and forget about the material things. Or you will just regret it later on.
    Reply
    You should hire a good handicapper and just follow those bets and that's it. Takes discipline and money management and time and practice. Trust me, I've been doing this almost 10 years and I'm still learning. You can't base your whole life on it though, it won't work like that. Especially if the universe is trying to send you a message that there is more to live for than money. Use your money to buy what you need and forget about the material things. Or you will just regret it later on.
     
    mcorcoran3
    mcorcoran3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 93
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:31 AM ET #21

    I took the Pats in the bowl (and am a Pats fan) so I was ok with that. But, my strongest bet in that game was first half under 24.5 (or maybe it was 24, I can't recall). . If you go back and look at the scoring summary of the first half, you will see how bad of a loss that was.

    The score was 7-7 with less than a minute to go. Pats get a long TD pass to Gronk with 45 second left or something. Than that absurd 40 second drive by the seahawks where they had a long scramble, a late-hit penalty etc... and than with 6 second left Carroll made that amazing gamble to throw the ball, and not settle for a FG.

    Ouch
    Reply
    I took the Pats in the bowl (and am a Pats fan) so I was ok with that. But, my strongest bet in that game was first half under 24.5 (or maybe it was 24, I can't recall). . If you go back and look at the scoring summary of the first half, you will see how bad of a loss that was.

    The score was 7-7 with less than a minute to go. Pats get a long TD pass to Gronk with 45 second left or something. Than that absurd 40 second drive by the seahawks where they had a long scramble, a late-hit penalty etc... and than with 6 second left Carroll made that amazing gamble to throw the ball, and not settle for a FG.

    Ouch
     
    mcorcoran3
    mcorcoran3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 93
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:36 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Doni13:

    I live in Seattle............so losing money was the least  pain on that stupid Super Bowl call

    I literally got sick to my stomach...........I was so sure somethiing bad was going to happen..........I followed last five minutes on my phone........when I saw NE had ball...........I said, why the heck did Beast Mode fumble.........when I heard it was an interception.........I sat stunned for an hour............did not even "see" the  play until two months after game................ 



    it's funny in a way. I acted much the same way but am a Pat's fan. After the Kearse catch (which was monumentally painful in the moment given the Pat's recent super bowl history with circus catches) I was so filled with dread that when Lynch went down at the 1, I was too sick to even watch him, presumably, run in. So I switched to Back to the Future 2 for about 25 seconds or so and than switched back! I didn't even see the final play live!

    I also was so nervous that when the Pats were down 10 and Brady was driving, I turned the game on mute and listened to music and only watched the game out of the corner of my eye. As Brady started rolling, I got superstitious (which is absurd for me as I am a militant rationalist, and don't even believe in religion or God, let alone my ability to karmicly change the outcome of a game). So I listened to the same song on repeat for both of Brady's TD drives.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Doni13:

    I live in Seattle............so losing money was the least  pain on that stupid Super Bowl call

    I literally got sick to my stomach...........I was so sure somethiing bad was going to happen..........I followed last five minutes on my phone........when I saw NE had ball...........I said, why the heck did Beast Mode fumble.........when I heard it was an interception.........I sat stunned for an hour............did not even "see" the  play until two months after game................ 



    it's funny in a way. I acted much the same way but am a Pat's fan. After the Kearse catch (which was monumentally painful in the moment given the Pat's recent super bowl history with circus catches) I was so filled with dread that when Lynch went down at the 1, I was too sick to even watch him, presumably, run in. So I switched to Back to the Future 2 for about 25 seconds or so and than switched back! I didn't even see the final play live!

    I also was so nervous that when the Pats were down 10 and Brady was driving, I turned the game on mute and listened to music and only watched the game out of the corner of my eye. As Brady started rolling, I got superstitious (which is absurd for me as I am a militant rationalist, and don't even believe in religion or God, let alone my ability to karmicly change the outcome of a game). So I listened to the same song on repeat for both of Brady's TD drives.

     
    mcorcoran3
    mcorcoran3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 93
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 6:43 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by LIanafranks5:

    No offense either, but Seattle was a very bad pick. You have to realize how sports works. It was 100% obvious they would rig the game for New England to win, so gronk could get a ring. .


    If the game was rigged, wouldn't they have called holding or something on the Kearse catch? Or the following Lynch run? If they fixed the game, they sure did a lousy job of it -- waiting for a miracle interception (again why not call a penalty against SEA during that play?) to seal the deal on the goalline!

    I don't mind a conspiracy theory every now and then (you could sell me on the 2002 Lakers/King game 6) ...but there was no evidence of anything like that in the Super Bowl! the refs kept their flags in their pocket the whole 4th quarter!

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by LIanafranks5:

    No offense either, but Seattle was a very bad pick. You have to realize how sports works. It was 100% obvious they would rig the game for New England to win, so gronk could get a ring. .


    If the game was rigged, wouldn't they have called holding or something on the Kearse catch? Or the following Lynch run? If they fixed the game, they sure did a lousy job of it -- waiting for a miracle interception (again why not call a penalty against SEA during that play?) to seal the deal on the goalline!

    I don't mind a conspiracy theory every now and then (you could sell me on the 2002 Lakers/King game 6) ...but there was no evidence of anything like that in the Super Bowl! the refs kept their flags in their pocket the whole 4th quarter!

     

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 8:38 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by mcorcoran3:



    If the game was rigged, wouldn't they have called holding or something on the Kearse catch? Or the following Lynch run? If they fixed the game, they sure did a lousy job of it -- waiting for a miracle interception (again why not call a penalty against SEA during that play?) to seal the deal on the goalline!

    I don't mind a conspiracy theory every now and then (you could sell me on the 2002 Lakers/King game 6) ...but there was no evidence of anything like that in the Super Bowl! the refs kept their flags in their pocket the whole 4th quarter!

     


    Maybe Seattle was in on the fix.  They get to avoid steroid testing in return for throwing the Superbowl.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mcorcoran3:



    If the game was rigged, wouldn't they have called holding or something on the Kearse catch? Or the following Lynch run? If they fixed the game, they sure did a lousy job of it -- waiting for a miracle interception (again why not call a penalty against SEA during that play?) to seal the deal on the goalline!

    I don't mind a conspiracy theory every now and then (you could sell me on the 2002 Lakers/King game 6) ...but there was no evidence of anything like that in the Super Bowl! the refs kept their flags in their pocket the whole 4th quarter!

     


    Maybe Seattle was in on the fix.  They get to avoid steroid testing in return for throwing the Superbowl.  


     
     
    charlielo55
    charlielo55
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 2851
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2015 - 9:03 AM ET #25

    I had New England, I'm still glowing. I wish Tom Brady and Bill would run for the Presidential office

    Bring the hammer down on Boston+12 today brotha', and get your money back

    Reply

    I had New England, I'm still glowing. I wish Tom Brady and Bill would run for the Presidential office

    Bring the hammer down on Boston+12 today brotha', and get your money back

    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,318
    • Friday 10/02/2026 901
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,190
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,117
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,709
    • PART DEUX 224
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,706
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,115
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,158
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.