Greatest Rappers
Y'All missing Master P, Devin, Shyne,Eazy E all deserve their props. Personally I think Weezy, Fab, and Jay Z all suck my top 5 would be:
Pac
Big
Shyne
Eazy
Eminem
Y'All missing Master P, Devin, Shyne,Eazy E all deserve their props. Personally I think Weezy, Fab, and Jay Z all suck my top 5 would be:
Pac
Big
Shyne
Eazy
Eminem
I thought Pac was great as an actyor also. very under rated. I thought the movie "gridlock'd" was great
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119225/
If you haven't seen this movie, rent it, buy it, steal it.
I liked everything I saw Pac do on screen, except the one he did with Janet Jackson, whicj is surprising as I think when she tries, and works out, she's hot as shit (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufaw7OWu4EU ) OMG! Janet is gorgeous and just so fricking hot in this video in the link before this sentence......
It kills me everytime I see it!
Oh, back to Pac. He did a cool cop movie with James Belushi, hell, he was just one charismatic mofo!
I getting my brain around Eminem, too.
What was that song he did with that video where he wore the superhero costume?
If someone could help me out with that, I'd appreciate it. I want it on my pod.
Good thread.
I thought Pac was great as an actyor also. very under rated. I thought the movie "gridlock'd" was great
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119225/
If you haven't seen this movie, rent it, buy it, steal it.
I liked everything I saw Pac do on screen, except the one he did with Janet Jackson, whicj is surprising as I think when she tries, and works out, she's hot as shit (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufaw7OWu4EU ) OMG! Janet is gorgeous and just so fricking hot in this video in the link before this sentence......
It kills me everytime I see it!
Oh, back to Pac. He did a cool cop movie with James Belushi, hell, he was just one charismatic mofo!
I getting my brain around Eminem, too.
What was that song he did with that video where he wore the superhero costume?
If someone could help me out with that, I'd appreciate it. I want it on my pod.
Good thread.
Tech N9ne blows everyone else outa the water.
he is the fastest rapper alive and has the ability to instantly change his pace from rippin it to chillin it. if any rapper goes to KCMO, they must open up for him because he is simply the best in town
Thank you, so many people have no idea who he is all because he won't sign a major record deal and does all his shit indepently.
Tech N9ne blows everyone else outa the water.
he is the fastest rapper alive and has the ability to instantly change his pace from rippin it to chillin it. if any rapper goes to KCMO, they must open up for him because he is simply the best in town
Thank you, so many people have no idea who he is all because he won't sign a major record deal and does all his shit indepently.
I can't believe no one in here not even once has mentioned Drake. Yeah he's young and unproven or w/e but on every track he spits fire! His lyrical content is second to none IMO and supposedly he was Wayne's ghost writer before breaking onto the scene for himself.
It's more than just a line or 2 as well. His freestyles are so complex and attention grabbing this kid is like a poet on the mic. Check these out if you've never heard Drake or even if you have
I can't believe no one in here not even once has mentioned Drake. Yeah he's young and unproven or w/e but on every track he spits fire! His lyrical content is second to none IMO and supposedly he was Wayne's ghost writer before breaking onto the scene for himself.
It's more than just a line or 2 as well. His freestyles are so complex and attention grabbing this kid is like a poet on the mic. Check these out if you've never heard Drake or even if you have
I hate all the hype over him and it has nothing to do with jealousy. It makes me so depressed to think that this is now considered good rap. The guy was on degrassi. But I can get past that for a second to point out the fact that he raps the dumbest shit ever. This is the guy who put out "I just wanna be successful". Damn, now if that isn't originality i don't know what is, success. All these bullshit new artists rap about stealing and fucking your girlfriend because they're so rich, all the drugs they take (Im not against drugs but the way they portray it to be the cool thing to do and then play that shit on the radio
I hate all the hype over him and it has nothing to do with jealousy. It makes me so depressed to think that this is now considered good rap. The guy was on degrassi. But I can get past that for a second to point out the fact that he raps the dumbest shit ever. This is the guy who put out "I just wanna be successful". Damn, now if that isn't originality i don't know what is, success. All these bullshit new artists rap about stealing and fucking your girlfriend because they're so rich, all the drugs they take (Im not against drugs but the way they portray it to be the cool thing to do and then play that shit on the radio
Drake is so weak
I hate all the hype over him and it has nothing to do with jealousy. It makes me so depressed to think that this is now considered good rap. The guy was on degrassi. But I can get past that for a second to point out the fact that he raps the dumbest shit ever. This is the guy who put out "I just wanna be successful". Damn, now if that isn't originality i don't know what is, success. All these bullshit new artists rap about stealing and fucking your girlfriend because they're so rich, all the drugs they take (Im not against drugs but the way they portray it to be the cool thing to do and then play that shit on the radio
Drake is so weak
I hate all the hype over him and it has nothing to do with jealousy. It makes me so depressed to think that this is now considered good rap. The guy was on degrassi. But I can get past that for a second to point out the fact that he raps the dumbest shit ever. This is the guy who put out "I just wanna be successful". Damn, now if that isn't originality i don't know what is, success. All these bullshit new artists rap about stealing and fucking your girlfriend because they're so rich, all the drugs they take (Im not against drugs but the way they portray it to be the cool thing to do and then play that shit on the radio
Did I mention anything about Successful or Best I Ever Had? No. Because that's his radio stuff. Hate if you want but that's ignorant if you're just hatin cause he was on Degrassi.
Listen to the mixtapes before you talk shit. His flows are sick I mean if you appreciate the english language, otherwise keep listening to your one line punchline rappers. Drake paints a picture with a goddamned thesauraus.
Did I mention anything about Successful or Best I Ever Had? No. Because that's his radio stuff. Hate if you want but that's ignorant if you're just hatin cause he was on Degrassi.
Listen to the mixtapes before you talk shit. His flows are sick I mean if you appreciate the english language, otherwise keep listening to your one line punchline rappers. Drake paints a picture with a goddamned thesauraus.
Ive heard his mixtapes, my friends all tried to get me into him when he was just breaking into rap so I looked him up. Mixtapes are so-so. I guess by todays standards the one i listened to was good but by rap standards its not even worth bringing up.
Just because something is less bad does not mean that it is good.
Ive heard his mixtapes, my friends all tried to get me into him when he was just breaking into rap so I looked him up. Mixtapes are so-so. I guess by todays standards the one i listened to was good but by rap standards its not even worth bringing up.
Just because something is less bad does not mean that it is good.
Did I mention anything about Successful or Best I Ever Had? No. Because that's his radio stuff. Hate if you want but that's ignorant if you're just hatin cause he was on Degrassi.
Listen to the mixtapes before you talk shit. His flows are sick I mean if you appreciate the english language, otherwise keep listening to your one line punchline rappers. Drake paints a picture with a goddamned thesauraus.
Budden does a much better job of painting pictures and deep, meaningful writing.
If you think Drake is better lyrically (Budden is not a punch line rapper at all even though he does incorporate punchlines into his bars) then your opinion means nothing in this thread.
Drake does spit some good stuff but his overall content and piece of work is nothing compared to anyone in the top 50. He is just blowing up in the era of catchy hooks and beats. He would be eaten alive on the mic by atleast 20 artists still making music today.
J Cole is better than Drake.
Did I mention anything about Successful or Best I Ever Had? No. Because that's his radio stuff. Hate if you want but that's ignorant if you're just hatin cause he was on Degrassi.
Listen to the mixtapes before you talk shit. His flows are sick I mean if you appreciate the english language, otherwise keep listening to your one line punchline rappers. Drake paints a picture with a goddamned thesauraus.
Budden does a much better job of painting pictures and deep, meaningful writing.
If you think Drake is better lyrically (Budden is not a punch line rapper at all even though he does incorporate punchlines into his bars) then your opinion means nothing in this thread.
Drake does spit some good stuff but his overall content and piece of work is nothing compared to anyone in the top 50. He is just blowing up in the era of catchy hooks and beats. He would be eaten alive on the mic by atleast 20 artists still making music today.
J Cole is better than Drake.
2. Nas (will always pick nas over Hov)
3. Big L (Jay Z mentor so you cant put S. Carter above him. Had his life cut short but invented the punchline rapping that led to artists such as Cassidy and Fab and Weezy. He was more than jsut a punch line rapper too)
4. Big Pun (probably the best flow on the mic bar none. One of the most overlooked and underrated artists)
5. Joe Budden (people who speak lowly of him or crack jokes of "that pump it up guy" have no idea what his music is and have never listened to him without having the negative public opinon that has been portrayed of him in the media. Jay Z is responsible for his career hitting rock bottom and him never blowing up. He is blacklisted in the rap industry because of Jay Z. The reason Jay Z did this was because he was scared Joe would take his crown on Def Jam. So when Jay Z became president he put his stop to his only, and most potent competition in the rap industry at the time.)
Newer artists/less known
Joell Ortiz
J Cole
Fashawn
Sha Stimuli
Skyzoo
Little Brother
Underrated/underappreciated
Scarface
Devin the Dude
Kurupt and the rest of 4 horsemen
Royce 5'9
Crooked
Tech n9ne
Gangstarr
Dr. Dre (more known for production but 2 classic albums)
Rakim
LL
2. Nas (will always pick nas over Hov)
3. Big L (Jay Z mentor so you cant put S. Carter above him. Had his life cut short but invented the punchline rapping that led to artists such as Cassidy and Fab and Weezy. He was more than jsut a punch line rapper too)
4. Big Pun (probably the best flow on the mic bar none. One of the most overlooked and underrated artists)
5. Joe Budden (people who speak lowly of him or crack jokes of "that pump it up guy" have no idea what his music is and have never listened to him without having the negative public opinon that has been portrayed of him in the media. Jay Z is responsible for his career hitting rock bottom and him never blowing up. He is blacklisted in the rap industry because of Jay Z. The reason Jay Z did this was because he was scared Joe would take his crown on Def Jam. So when Jay Z became president he put his stop to his only, and most potent competition in the rap industry at the time.)
Newer artists/less known
Joell Ortiz
J Cole
Fashawn
Sha Stimuli
Skyzoo
Little Brother
Underrated/underappreciated
Scarface
Devin the Dude
Kurupt and the rest of 4 horsemen
Royce 5'9
Crooked
Tech n9ne
Gangstarr
Dr. Dre (more known for production but 2 classic albums)
Rakim
LL
As far as underrate or underappreciated go i think a lot of Texas rappers fall into that category. I dont even think UGK have even been brought up but bun-b and pimp c fucking kill it on their tracks. Also Z-ro and all of the old SUC like Big Moe, Big Hawk, Fat Pat are so underappreciated .
As far as underrate or underappreciated go i think a lot of Texas rappers fall into that category. I dont even think UGK have even been brought up but bun-b and pimp c fucking kill it on their tracks. Also Z-ro and all of the old SUC like Big Moe, Big Hawk, Fat Pat are so underappreciated .
1. Pac (changed the game forever and made it mainstream. Still has a lasting influence years after his death. Very poetic also.)
2. Nas (will always pick nas over Hov)
3. Big L (Jay Z mentor so you cant put S. Carter above him. Had his life cut short but invented the punchline rapping that led to artists such as Cassidy and Fab and Weezy. He was more than jsut a punch line rapper too)
4. Big Pun (probably the best flow on the mic bar none. One of the most overlooked and underrated artists)
5. Joe Budden (people who speak lowly of him or crack jokes of "that pump it up guy" have no idea what his music is and have never listened to him without having the negative public opinon that has been portrayed of him in the media. Jay Z is responsible for his career hitting rock bottom and him never blowing up. He is blacklisted in the rap industry because of Jay Z. The reason Jay Z did this was because he was scared Joe would take his crown on Def Jam. So when Jay Z became president he put his stop to his only, and most potent competition in the rap industry at the time.)
Newer artists/less known
Joell Ortiz
J Cole
Fashawn
Sha Stimuli
Skyzoo
Little Brother
Underrated/underappreciated
Scarface
Devin the Dude
Kurupt and the rest of 4 horsemen
Royce 5'9
Crooked
Tech n9ne
Gangstarr
Dr. Dre (more known for production but 2 classic albums)
Rakim
LL
Excellent list jpero. Like the N. Cackalack newcomer J. Cole, as well. Kid can just go off. Skyzoo's another, and Sha Stimuli has a great flow. Phonte (Little Brother) has been killing it for years, but folks just don't know because of lack of radio play, and how Little Brother carries themselves.
![]()
1. Pac (changed the game forever and made it mainstream. Still has a lasting influence years after his death. Very poetic also.)
2. Nas (will always pick nas over Hov)
3. Big L (Jay Z mentor so you cant put S. Carter above him. Had his life cut short but invented the punchline rapping that led to artists such as Cassidy and Fab and Weezy. He was more than jsut a punch line rapper too)
4. Big Pun (probably the best flow on the mic bar none. One of the most overlooked and underrated artists)
5. Joe Budden (people who speak lowly of him or crack jokes of "that pump it up guy" have no idea what his music is and have never listened to him without having the negative public opinon that has been portrayed of him in the media. Jay Z is responsible for his career hitting rock bottom and him never blowing up. He is blacklisted in the rap industry because of Jay Z. The reason Jay Z did this was because he was scared Joe would take his crown on Def Jam. So when Jay Z became president he put his stop to his only, and most potent competition in the rap industry at the time.)
Newer artists/less known
Joell Ortiz
J Cole
Fashawn
Sha Stimuli
Skyzoo
Little Brother
Underrated/underappreciated
Scarface
Devin the Dude
Kurupt and the rest of 4 horsemen
Royce 5'9
Crooked
Tech n9ne
Gangstarr
Dr. Dre (more known for production but 2 classic albums)
Rakim
LL
Excellent list jpero. Like the N. Cackalack newcomer J. Cole, as well. Kid can just go off. Skyzoo's another, and Sha Stimuli has a great flow. Phonte (Little Brother) has been killing it for years, but folks just don't know because of lack of radio play, and how Little Brother carries themselves.
![]()
I just read a lot of garbage lists. Apparantly people dont know theres more hip-hop out there then whats on the billboard top 100 charts?? Or mabye I'm just a white hater nerd that cant enjoy the phony ignorant packaged garbage that makes the 106 & Park top 10. Jpero had a pretty good list, Skyzoo is good, I'm listening to the Beautiful Decay right now. My personal top 10, not necessarily the best, but my personal, in random order:
Common, Del, Josh Martinez, Gift of Gab, Murs, Slug, Appentice, Fat Lip, 2Pac, Krayzie Bone, Rakim, Moka Only, Abstract Rude, The Grouch, Grieves, Blue Scholars, Slick Rick
Actually, thats much more then 10. I better stop there even though I'm leaving out some classics. Oh wait! I almost forgot about Lil Wayne, Kayne West, Jay-z, Diddy & Gucci Mane! They are awesome!!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I just read a lot of garbage lists. Apparantly people dont know theres more hip-hop out there then whats on the billboard top 100 charts?? Or mabye I'm just a white hater nerd that cant enjoy the phony ignorant packaged garbage that makes the 106 & Park top 10. Jpero had a pretty good list, Skyzoo is good, I'm listening to the Beautiful Decay right now. My personal top 10, not necessarily the best, but my personal, in random order:
Common, Del, Josh Martinez, Gift of Gab, Murs, Slug, Appentice, Fat Lip, 2Pac, Krayzie Bone, Rakim, Moka Only, Abstract Rude, The Grouch, Grieves, Blue Scholars, Slick Rick
Actually, thats much more then 10. I better stop there even though I'm leaving out some classics. Oh wait! I almost forgot about Lil Wayne, Kayne West, Jay-z, Diddy & Gucci Mane! They are awesome!!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
q-tip
slick rick
someone actually had will smith on their list...but im starting to c the age of these ppl by their list, nothing really past the years of the hype of biggie and pac...but mostly 2002 to present shit...
q-tip
slick rick
someone actually had will smith on their list...but im starting to c the age of these ppl by their list, nothing really past the years of the hype of biggie and pac...but mostly 2002 to present shit...
Hot Forum Topics
- Claiming Prizes 57,673
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,325
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,053
- NFL LOCKED IN! 103,809
- MLB Playoffs 5,559
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,449
- ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 6,001
- Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,068
- Breathtaking ....truly 36,303
- Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,019
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
