• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Tuesday sticks

    12 Next Last»
    Pasteur
    cjm2008
    Tigermike1975
    trainwreck66
    arctic-cat-4
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3155
    Posts: 47
    12 Next Last»
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:45 AM ET #1

    YTD
    Sides 21-10
    Totals 6-9
    +22.75 units

    Okay

    Someone needed to tell me Heath Bell pitches for the TB Rays.  Friends don't let friends bet on Heath Bell.  I've seen a stripper shoot a ping pong ball out of her hoo ha with better accuracy (and velocity) than this sorry excuse of a relief pitcher ever could.  Heath mother fkking Bell pitches for the Rays.  That's a handy little bit of information right there. 

    Lost 0.7 units (aka 35 bucks...1 unit for me is 50 clams..I'm a little fish) Monday after whiffing on the night games 0-2.  That ended a nice little 4 day win streak I had going.  Time to start another one.

    No plays yet but early musings have me thinking Nova at home against Chen looks enticing.  Another game getting my nipples hard is the Red Sox vs. Rangers round 2, fight!  I can take the Red Sox off my auto fade list...for now.  What's interesting is both teams hit lefties very well and there's two lefties on the bump.  The string of Fenway unders might be coming to an end.  BUT...Martin Perez is a ground ball pitcher which might...might...limit the damage the Sox do to him.  Doubront is more of a fly ball pitcher and if Texas remembers that they aren't wearing Padres uniforms, Doubront might get hurt tomorrow.

    I welcome anyone's thoughts and tidbits about that game...and any game for that matter. 

    G'night


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    YTD
    Sides 21-10
    Totals 6-9
    +22.75 units

    Okay

    Someone needed to tell me Heath Bell pitches for the TB Rays.  Friends don't let friends bet on Heath Bell.  I've seen a stripper shoot a ping pong ball out of her hoo ha with better accuracy (and velocity) than this sorry excuse of a relief pitcher ever could.  Heath mother fkking Bell pitches for the Rays.  That's a handy little bit of information right there. 

    Lost 0.7 units (aka 35 bucks...1 unit for me is 50 clams..I'm a little fish) Monday after whiffing on the night games 0-2.  That ended a nice little 4 day win streak I had going.  Time to start another one.

    No plays yet but early musings have me thinking Nova at home against Chen looks enticing.  Another game getting my nipples hard is the Red Sox vs. Rangers round 2, fight!  I can take the Red Sox off my auto fade list...for now.  What's interesting is both teams hit lefties very well and there's two lefties on the bump.  The string of Fenway unders might be coming to an end.  BUT...Martin Perez is a ground ball pitcher which might...might...limit the damage the Sox do to him.  Doubront is more of a fly ball pitcher and if Texas remembers that they aren't wearing Padres uniforms, Doubront might get hurt tomorrow.

    I welcome anyone's thoughts and tidbits about that game...and any game for that matter. 

    G'night


     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:53 AM ET #2

    Oh, and I also like the Nats tomorrow even if the juice is pulpy.  The Marlins are 5-2 and yet the books open up a line at -183ish...that tells us what the books think of that 5-2 record.  The Marlins are still the Marlins and they were abysmal vs. lefties last season. 

    As I go to bed I can't help but feel like that Yankees line stinks.  Chen usually loses to the Yankees....B'More usually loses to Nova...the Baltimore offense hasn't looked like it should yet....and the line opens at -130.  It has my spidey sense tingling.
    Reply
    Oh, and I also like the Nats tomorrow even if the juice is pulpy.  The Marlins are 5-2 and yet the books open up a line at -183ish...that tells us what the books think of that 5-2 record.  The Marlins are still the Marlins and they were abysmal vs. lefties last season. 

    As I go to bed I can't help but feel like that Yankees line stinks.  Chen usually loses to the Yankees....B'More usually loses to Nova...the Baltimore offense hasn't looked like it should yet....and the line opens at -130.  It has my spidey sense tingling.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 1:15 AM ET #3

    First play:

    Rangers team total over ? 4 units

    I'm guessing it will be 4.5.

    The Rangers own Doubront.  Here's the last 3 pitching lines for Doubront vs. Texas:

    2013 @ TEX - 3.2 IP, 12 hits, 1BB, 6ER (Sox lose 7-0)
    2012 @ TEX - 5 IP, 8 hits, 3BB, 6ER (Sox lose 9-1)
    2011 vs. TEX - 0.1 IP, 2hits, 2BB, 3ER


    Reply
    First play:

    Rangers team total over ? 4 units

    I'm guessing it will be 4.5.

    The Rangers own Doubront.  Here's the last 3 pitching lines for Doubront vs. Texas:

    2013 @ TEX - 3.2 IP, 12 hits, 1BB, 6ER (Sox lose 7-0)
    2012 @ TEX - 5 IP, 8 hits, 3BB, 6ER (Sox lose 9-1)
    2011 vs. TEX - 0.1 IP, 2hits, 2BB, 3ER


     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 1:39 AM ET #4

    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9).

    I hardly ever make a wager the night before but with public money starting to come in a little on the Texas side I think this is as good as this line is going to get for me.  Pretty self explanatory pick considering my first wager.
    Reply
    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9).

    I hardly ever make a wager the night before but with public money starting to come in a little on the Texas side I think this is as good as this line is going to get for me.  Pretty self explanatory pick considering my first wager.
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 6:53 AM ET #5

    GL today buddy. Taking the Yanks early
    Reply
    GL today buddy. Taking the Yanks early
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 8:30 AM ET #6

    I am just getting going today, a little late for me but I will play a little devils advocate here. Haven't posted much last few days but first week ended nicely for me but yesterday was 1-2, first real losing baseball day. This game is no play for me but the Rangers numbers against Doubront are pretty much meaningless. Here are his numbers against Current Rangers that he might actually face today: Beltre 4-6 with 2 doubles, Moreland 3-9, Andrus 3-9, Arencibia 2-12 with a HR, Choo 0-4 and Prince 0-6.  The Red Sox only have 3 guys who have faced Martinez at all. Choo has never hit lefties well and Fielder is just declining period....the signs were there the 2nd half of last season in him. Something else with the Rangers the many are overlooking is the defense is a real downgrade with Fielder in place of Moreland and whoever at 2nd base for now in place of Kinsler. Arencibia is a downgrade from AJ...

    Marlins just might be a little better than many think and Fernandez, Eovaldi and Tom Koehler will give them a chance to win on any given day. That said Henderson Alvarez is not one of those 3 and facing Gio, good luck with that. The thing you must consider here is that at -180 you must win 64.28 percent of the time just to break even. Do you have this match up being won by the Nationals at a higher clip than that? The answer for me on this one is yes I do but I rarely lay that kind of juice and Likely to have a couple of other games with less risk that I like more but like I said I am getting a late start today.

    Neither Chen nor Nova was very impressive in their first starts. I didn't watch Nova's just have the box score and it is worse than what his results were. I watched Chen and he just didn't have his normal movement and they were able to slap the ball around on him. The ball did have eyes against him as there were several seeing eye just barely hits, but they were hits none the less and he wasn't missing anyone's bat.

    Best of luck today.

    Reply
    I am just getting going today, a little late for me but I will play a little devils advocate here. Haven't posted much last few days but first week ended nicely for me but yesterday was 1-2, first real losing baseball day. This game is no play for me but the Rangers numbers against Doubront are pretty much meaningless. Here are his numbers against Current Rangers that he might actually face today: Beltre 4-6 with 2 doubles, Moreland 3-9, Andrus 3-9, Arencibia 2-12 with a HR, Choo 0-4 and Prince 0-6.  The Red Sox only have 3 guys who have faced Martinez at all. Choo has never hit lefties well and Fielder is just declining period....the signs were there the 2nd half of last season in him. Something else with the Rangers the many are overlooking is the defense is a real downgrade with Fielder in place of Moreland and whoever at 2nd base for now in place of Kinsler. Arencibia is a downgrade from AJ...

    Marlins just might be a little better than many think and Fernandez, Eovaldi and Tom Koehler will give them a chance to win on any given day. That said Henderson Alvarez is not one of those 3 and facing Gio, good luck with that. The thing you must consider here is that at -180 you must win 64.28 percent of the time just to break even. Do you have this match up being won by the Nationals at a higher clip than that? The answer for me on this one is yes I do but I rarely lay that kind of juice and Likely to have a couple of other games with less risk that I like more but like I said I am getting a late start today.

    Neither Chen nor Nova was very impressive in their first starts. I didn't watch Nova's just have the box score and it is worse than what his results were. I watched Chen and he just didn't have his normal movement and they were able to slap the ball around on him. The ball did have eyes against him as there were several seeing eye just barely hits, but they were hits none the less and he wasn't missing anyone's bat.

    Best of luck today.

     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 8:39 AM ET #7

    I can tell you for sure I will be on the Brewers, simply put I have Lohse ranked  higher than Kendrick and can't pass him up at plus 102.
    Reply
    I can tell you for sure I will be on the Brewers, simply put I have Lohse ranked  higher than Kendrick and can't pass him up at plus 102.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 11:39 AM ET #8

    Tigermike I love hearing your take on things.  You make a great point about Doubront's history vs. Texas being meaningless, although I wouldn't say it's completely irrelevant.  Texas has been and still is a good lineup against LHP.  They're batting .304 against LHP so far in 2014.

    In 2013 here's what current Rangers did against lefties:

    Beltre .325 with 8HR
    Rios .313 with 7 HR
    Fielder .292 with 9 HR
    Andrus .273 with 3 HR
    Moreland .241 with 3 HR an 14 doubles

    Choo is going to be a liability if Texas starts him at the top of the order today but they still have 5 batters that can do damage to lefties.  I still like my chances with Texas today.

    I don't like the Yankees anymore.  Once again the guys that roughed up Chen in the past are no longer on the Yankees.  I'm getting the feeling that my wagers on Texas and Baltimore last night were 1 day early, as I can see them both cashing in today.  Just to spite the books I might put a small play in on the O birds.

    As for the Marlins game the old me wouldn't want to lay that kind of juice.  The new me is different.  I like taking dogs but if I like a favorite enough I'll lay the juice no problem now.  The Nats are 9-1 in Nationals Park in their last 10 games and I'm not afraid of Alvarez.  Some of the other Marlins pitchers yes, but not Alvarez.
    Reply
    Tigermike I love hearing your take on things.  You make a great point about Doubront's history vs. Texas being meaningless, although I wouldn't say it's completely irrelevant.  Texas has been and still is a good lineup against LHP.  They're batting .304 against LHP so far in 2014.

    In 2013 here's what current Rangers did against lefties:

    Beltre .325 with 8HR
    Rios .313 with 7 HR
    Fielder .292 with 9 HR
    Andrus .273 with 3 HR
    Moreland .241 with 3 HR an 14 doubles

    Choo is going to be a liability if Texas starts him at the top of the order today but they still have 5 batters that can do damage to lefties.  I still like my chances with Texas today.

    I don't like the Yankees anymore.  Once again the guys that roughed up Chen in the past are no longer on the Yankees.  I'm getting the feeling that my wagers on Texas and Baltimore last night were 1 day early, as I can see them both cashing in today.  Just to spite the books I might put a small play in on the O birds.

    As for the Marlins game the old me wouldn't want to lay that kind of juice.  The new me is different.  I like taking dogs but if I like a favorite enough I'll lay the juice no problem now.  The Nats are 9-1 in Nationals Park in their last 10 games and I'm not afraid of Alvarez.  Some of the other Marlins pitchers yes, but not Alvarez.
     
    trainwreck66
    trainwreck66
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32543
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 11:43 AM ET #9

    loved your heath bell post...had the rays.worked  a nightshift and saw the highlights in the morning.......wanted a   also

     

    bol Pasteur

    Reply

    loved your heath bell post...had the rays.worked  a nightshift and saw the highlights in the morning.......wanted a   also

     

    bol Pasteur

     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 11:57 AM ET #10

    Updated Card:

    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9)

    TEX TT OVER 4 -115 (3.45/3) 
    adding:
    NYY TT UNDER 4.5 -135 (2.7/2)
    WAS ML -174 (3.48/2)

    In the last 8 games Chen started vs. the Yanks the NYY scored 3, 3, 6, 2, 8, 4, 2, 4 runs for those games.  So the TT over 4.5 would be 2-6, and I think they Yankees lineup is even less potent than it used to be.  The Yankees are batting .233 against lefties so far this season and are averaging 3.5 runs per game.  They've only hit 1HR in 7 games. 

    And the Nats play we talked about earlier.  The Nats are 9-1 at home against the Marlins in their last 10, Gio was 3-0 against Miami last season with a 0.95 ERA, and Alvarez isn't a pitching I'm terribly afraid of (4.04 ERA vs. Wash in 2013).  I wouldn't take the run line in this game, just bet the ML.  A win is a win.

    That might be it for me today.  After a losing day I think it's best to just bet what you really like and get back on track!

    Reply
    Updated Card:

    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9)

    TEX TT OVER 4 -115 (3.45/3) 
    adding:
    NYY TT UNDER 4.5 -135 (2.7/2)
    WAS ML -174 (3.48/2)

    In the last 8 games Chen started vs. the Yanks the NYY scored 3, 3, 6, 2, 8, 4, 2, 4 runs for those games.  So the TT over 4.5 would be 2-6, and I think they Yankees lineup is even less potent than it used to be.  The Yankees are batting .233 against lefties so far this season and are averaging 3.5 runs per game.  They've only hit 1HR in 7 games. 

    And the Nats play we talked about earlier.  The Nats are 9-1 at home against the Marlins in their last 10, Gio was 3-0 against Miami last season with a 0.95 ERA, and Alvarez isn't a pitching I'm terribly afraid of (4.04 ERA vs. Wash in 2013).  I wouldn't take the run line in this game, just bet the ML.  A win is a win.

    That might be it for me today.  After a losing day I think it's best to just bet what you really like and get back on track!

     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 11:57 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by cjm2008:

    GL today buddy. Taking the Yanks early


    I'd go easy on that one if I were you buddy.  They Yankees aren't what they used to be and they lost their closer now. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm2008:

    GL today buddy. Taking the Yanks early


    I'd go easy on that one if I were you buddy.  They Yankees aren't what they used to be and they lost their closer now. 
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 11:58 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

    I can tell you for sure I will be on the Brewers, simply put I have Lohse ranked  higher than Kendrick and can't pass him up at plus 102.


    I like Lohse as well, I'm just not sure how many bets I want to make today.  I tend to go a little conservative after a losing day.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

    I can tell you for sure I will be on the Brewers, simply put I have Lohse ranked  higher than Kendrick and can't pass him up at plus 102.


    I like Lohse as well, I'm just not sure how many bets I want to make today.  I tend to go a little conservative after a losing day.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:07 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck66:

    loved your heath bell post...had the rays.worked  a nightshift and saw the highlights in the morning.......wanted a   also

     

    bol Pasteur


    You too buddy   I like my chances today

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck66:

    loved your heath bell post...had the rays.worked  a nightshift and saw the highlights in the morning.......wanted a   also

     

    bol Pasteur


    You too buddy   I like my chances today

     
    arctic-cat-4
    arctic-cat-4
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 177
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:29 PM ET #14

    Great thread boys...
    Reply
    Great thread boys...
     
    bullmoose
    bullmoose
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2326
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:32 PM ET #15

    BOL
    Reply
    BOL
     
    Matt2688
    Matt2688
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 1089
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:36 PM ET #16

    Nova has been fantastic at Yankee stadium, Like the Yankees early!
    Reply
    Nova has been fantastic at Yankee stadium, Like the Yankees early!
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:44 PM ET #17

    Pasteur you are quickly someone I enjoy discussing the game with as well. Can't fault the Rangers play, it is the only play on that game, no way would I lay the wood with Doubront....I jumped on the O's along with the rest of the free world apparently with how far that line has moved...beat the market nicely with the Brewers now hopefully they come through. Nats sure do look good and I agree no run line...I rarely play run lines anyhow. I may find my way on them as well, but I want to get these first two in first. I am making my way through the night games now...
    Reply
    Pasteur you are quickly someone I enjoy discussing the game with as well. Can't fault the Rangers play, it is the only play on that game, no way would I lay the wood with Doubront....I jumped on the O's along with the rest of the free world apparently with how far that line has moved...beat the market nicely with the Brewers now hopefully they come through. Nats sure do look good and I agree no run line...I rarely play run lines anyhow. I may find my way on them as well, but I want to get these first two in first. I am making my way through the night games now...
     
    atl4tigerfan
    atl4tigerfan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 3288
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:46 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

    I can tell you for sure I will be on the Brewers, simply put I have Lohse ranked  higher than Kendrick and can't pass him up at plus 102.


    Did that line change?  I currently show Lohse -110 and Kendrick +102
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

    I can tell you for sure I will be on the Brewers, simply put I have Lohse ranked  higher than Kendrick and can't pass him up at plus 102.


    Did that line change?  I currently show Lohse -110 and Kendrick +102
     
    trainwreck66
    trainwreck66
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32543
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:48 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

    Pasteur you are quickly someone I enjoy discussing the game with as well. Can't fault the Rangers play, it is the only play on that game, no way would I lay the wood with Doubront....I jumped on the O's along with the rest of the free world apparently with how far that line has moved...beat the market nicely with the Brewers now hopefully they come through. Nats sure do look good and I agree no run line...I rarely play run lines anyhow. I may find my way on them as well, but I want to get these first two in first. I am making my way through the night games now...

    im starting to think that the balt yanks over is the play rather than the side (rlm)

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

    Pasteur you are quickly someone I enjoy discussing the game with as well. Can't fault the Rangers play, it is the only play on that game, no way would I lay the wood with Doubront....I jumped on the O's along with the rest of the free world apparently with how far that line has moved...beat the market nicely with the Brewers now hopefully they come through. Nats sure do look good and I agree no run line...I rarely play run lines anyhow. I may find my way on them as well, but I want to get these first two in first. I am making my way through the night games now...

    im starting to think that the balt yanks over is the play rather than the side (rlm)

     

     
    atl4tigerfan
    atl4tigerfan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 3288
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:51 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasteur:

       I'm getting the feeling that my wagers on Texas and Baltimore last night were 1 day early, as I can see them both cashing in today. 


    I thought long and hard about Tex last night but just couldn't back Scheppers making his 2nd start and attempting the reliever to starter transition.

    Gotta tell ya, that was an uphill bet all the way as Scheppers was in trouble all night long and he did a nice job of calming down and getting out of jambs, but that game could have gotten out of hand very early.  He was fortunate.

    Rangers bats still haven't woken up as well.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasteur:

       I'm getting the feeling that my wagers on Texas and Baltimore last night were 1 day early, as I can see them both cashing in today. 


    I thought long and hard about Tex last night but just couldn't back Scheppers making his 2nd start and attempting the reliever to starter transition.

    Gotta tell ya, that was an uphill bet all the way as Scheppers was in trouble all night long and he did a nice job of calming down and getting out of jambs, but that game could have gotten out of hand very early.  He was fortunate.

    Rangers bats still haven't woken up as well.
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:54 PM ET #21

    Alt Tiger Fan: I jumped that last night when Brewers were -102 most places and I had an extremely favorable line compared to what was available. It was -110 Phillies Brewers Even when I got up this morning and has moved towards the Brewers all morning.
    Reply
    Alt Tiger Fan: I jumped that last night when Brewers were -102 most places and I had an extremely favorable line compared to what was available. It was -110 Phillies Brewers Even when I got up this morning and has moved towards the Brewers all morning.
     
    Punkassmutha
    Punkassmutha
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 18243
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 12:58 PM ET #22

    GL today Pasteur!
    Reply
    GL today Pasteur!
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 1:41 PM ET #23

    Thanks punk...gl to you as well my friend.

    Mike I'm going to tag along with you on the brew crew. I'm not posting it as a play for me because I'm not sure I'd play it without you calling attention to it. But the pitching match up as well as the offensive probability both go to Milwaukee and the price is right.

    Looking for one more dog play to add to the card. I have my eye on Arizona and houston. It will probably be houston. Toronto can't hit lefties and I feel there's no way Toronto should be laying that much cheddar against anyone, even the stros. Thoughts?
    Reply
    Thanks punk...gl to you as well my friend.

    Mike I'm going to tag along with you on the brew crew. I'm not posting it as a play for me because I'm not sure I'd play it without you calling attention to it. But the pitching match up as well as the offensive probability both go to Milwaukee and the price is right.

    Looking for one more dog play to add to the card. I have my eye on Arizona and houston. It will probably be houston. Toronto can't hit lefties and I feel there's no way Toronto should be laying that much cheddar against anyone, even the stros. Thoughts?
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 1:42 PM ET #24

    Oh and I also put a sprinkle on the orioles last minute. So far so good...
    Reply
    Oh and I also put a sprinkle on the orioles last minute. So far so good...
     
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 2:16 PM ET #25

    Good stuff hopefully O's keep rolling and Brewers come through...

    My biggest concern with Houston is they were dominated pretty well by Wilson yesterday, a lefty who moves the ball around. Now they face another lefty who moves the ball around...Oberholtzer we have a small major league sample and he was relatively effective last year but I do have some concerns. His k/9 in the minors is lower then I care for and it is a key number that I look towards in projecting major league succes. At best I see him as a back of the rotation type, but we shall see. He throws strikes and that may not be the best thing facing the launchers Toronto throws up there. Buehrle has historically been a slow starter. Line is definitely too high but the game is a pass in my opinion.

    Arizona I have no interest in Cahill whatsoever right now and I see the Giants with nice edges in Starting pitcher and bullpen today...factor in the way they have been swinging the bats and I would say Giants or no play...I am actually considering parlaying the Giants with the Nats. It is something I do very infrequently, as I am fully aware of the dangers and carnage parlays can cause to a bankroll but I will once or twice a month play a two teamer with bigger type favorites. In this instance I feel like the Nats are Very very likely to win and I can toss the Giants in try and and turn 1 unit into 1.6 or so....

    Not a ton I am liking on the night games initially here, still have to run through the west coast night caps but life is getting in the way a bit today so I am way behind. The Mets maybe with Colon in a first five play, as I will not be playing the Mets full game very often with their bullpen make up, and especially not against the Braves. I don't think Harang is -130 to Colon, his great first start notwithstanding..

    Mostly likely I am just staying with O's and Brewers and possibly the parlay I mentioned, and maybe a west coast night cap.

    Reply
    Good stuff hopefully O's keep rolling and Brewers come through...

    My biggest concern with Houston is they were dominated pretty well by Wilson yesterday, a lefty who moves the ball around. Now they face another lefty who moves the ball around...Oberholtzer we have a small major league sample and he was relatively effective last year but I do have some concerns. His k/9 in the minors is lower then I care for and it is a key number that I look towards in projecting major league succes. At best I see him as a back of the rotation type, but we shall see. He throws strikes and that may not be the best thing facing the launchers Toronto throws up there. Buehrle has historically been a slow starter. Line is definitely too high but the game is a pass in my opinion.

    Arizona I have no interest in Cahill whatsoever right now and I see the Giants with nice edges in Starting pitcher and bullpen today...factor in the way they have been swinging the bats and I would say Giants or no play...I am actually considering parlaying the Giants with the Nats. It is something I do very infrequently, as I am fully aware of the dangers and carnage parlays can cause to a bankroll but I will once or twice a month play a two teamer with bigger type favorites. In this instance I feel like the Nats are Very very likely to win and I can toss the Giants in try and and turn 1 unit into 1.6 or so....

    Not a ton I am liking on the night games initially here, still have to run through the west coast night caps but life is getting in the way a bit today so I am way behind. The Mets maybe with Colon in a first five play, as I will not be playing the Mets full game very often with their bullpen make up, and especially not against the Braves. I don't think Harang is -130 to Colon, his great first start notwithstanding..

    Mostly likely I am just staying with O's and Brewers and possibly the parlay I mentioned, and maybe a west coast night cap.

    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,324
    • Friday 10/02/2026 903
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,236
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,000
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,715
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,119
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,361
    • Week 5 Money 6,696
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,748
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.