• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Tuesday sticks

    «First Previous 12
    Pasteur
    atl4tigerfan
    Tigermike1975
    Barbosa212
    Julespussy
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3155
    Posts: 47
    «First Previous 12
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 2:30 PM ET #26

    What I like about Oberholtzer is last season (small sample size, granted) is his HR/FB was 7.1%, which would put him in the top 10 of all pitchers.  Toronto lives and dies on the long ball and if Oberholtzer keeps it in the park, I think it keeps his team in the game.  Maybe the Toronto TT under 4.5 is the better play.  But man...+162 is fat.
    Reply
    What I like about Oberholtzer is last season (small sample size, granted) is his HR/FB was 7.1%, which would put him in the top 10 of all pitchers.  Toronto lives and dies on the long ball and if Oberholtzer keeps it in the park, I think it keeps his team in the game.  Maybe the Toronto TT under 4.5 is the better play.  But man...+162 is fat.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 2:35 PM ET #27

    I can dig the Mets 1st 5 play.  Colon is solid while Harang was a last minute addition to the Braves rotation.  The Braves wouldn't start him unless they were desperate for an arm, which they are.

    Getting Morton at a cheap price against a horrible Edwin Jackson seems appealing now that I'm looking at it.  The Edwin Jackson that went 8-18 in 2013 with a 1.46 WHIP and 4.98 ERA.  He's plain bad.
    Reply
    I can dig the Mets 1st 5 play.  Colon is solid while Harang was a last minute addition to the Braves rotation.  The Braves wouldn't start him unless they were desperate for an arm, which they are.

    Getting Morton at a cheap price against a horrible Edwin Jackson seems appealing now that I'm looking at it.  The Edwin Jackson that went 8-18 in 2013 with a 1.46 WHIP and 4.98 ERA.  He's plain bad.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 2:39 PM ET #28

    Eh scratch the Pittsburgh idea.  I like it but not enough to put money on it.
    Reply
    Eh scratch the Pittsburgh idea.  I like it but not enough to put money on it.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 2:40 PM ET #29

    Looks like my Yankees TT under wager is about to be toast.
    Reply
    Looks like my Yankees TT under wager is about to be toast.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 3:35 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck66:

    im starting to think that the balt yanks over is the play rather than the side (rlm)

     



    I hope you took that train because that was a good call
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck66:

    im starting to think that the balt yanks over is the play rather than the side (rlm)

     



    I hope you took that train because that was a good call
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 3:53 PM ET #31

    Adding:

    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    I just can't pull the trigger on the Astros...the line is that high for a reason.  But I can pull the trigger on this under.  Buehrle owns the Stros, giving up 1ER in 17 innings pitched over 2 starts vs. them last season.  The final scores in both games were 4-0 and 2-1, both Jays wins.

    As mentioned earlier I like what Oberholtzer brings to the table in this matchup.  Toronto doesn't hit lefties as well as righties, and Oberholtzer gives up a very low % of home runs per fly ball.  Toronto scores most of its runs via the long ball and I think we'll see another low scoring affair here.

    That's all I'm adding.  Not pushing my luck with anything else.

    Final card:

    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9)
    TEX TT OVER 4 -115 (3.45/3) 
    NYY TT UNDER 4.5 -135 (2.7/2)
    WAS ML -174 (3.48/2)
    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    And I'm on the Brew Crew with tigermike
    Reply
    Adding:

    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    I just can't pull the trigger on the Astros...the line is that high for a reason.  But I can pull the trigger on this under.  Buehrle owns the Stros, giving up 1ER in 17 innings pitched over 2 starts vs. them last season.  The final scores in both games were 4-0 and 2-1, both Jays wins.

    As mentioned earlier I like what Oberholtzer brings to the table in this matchup.  Toronto doesn't hit lefties as well as righties, and Oberholtzer gives up a very low % of home runs per fly ball.  Toronto scores most of its runs via the long ball and I think we'll see another low scoring affair here.

    That's all I'm adding.  Not pushing my luck with anything else.

    Final card:

    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9)
    TEX TT OVER 4 -115 (3.45/3) 
    NYY TT UNDER 4.5 -135 (2.7/2)
    WAS ML -174 (3.48/2)
    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    And I'm on the Brew Crew with tigermike
     
    atl4tigerfan
    atl4tigerfan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 3288
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 4:37 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:


    The Mets maybe with Colon in a first five play, as I will not be playing the Mets full game very often with their bullpen make up, and especially not against the Braves. I don't think Harang is -130 to Colon, his great first start notwithstanding..

    Mostly likely I am just staying with O's and Brewers and possibly the parlay I mentioned, and maybe a west coast night cap.



    Does that mean you would favor a 2nd half play on the braves?  Mets bullpen, braves bats, kimbrel closing
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:


    The Mets maybe with Colon in a first five play, as I will not be playing the Mets full game very often with their bullpen make up, and especially not against the Braves. I don't think Harang is -130 to Colon, his great first start notwithstanding..

    Mostly likely I am just staying with O's and Brewers and possibly the parlay I mentioned, and maybe a west coast night cap.



    Does that mean you would favor a 2nd half play on the braves?  Mets bullpen, braves bats, kimbrel closing
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 5:49 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by atl4tigerfan:



    Does that mean you would favor a 2nd half play on the braves?  Mets bullpen, braves bats, kimbrel closing

    I really don't make 2nd half plays, other than the occasional live play. The biggest reason I don't like asking them is simpy because if the first half goes crazy, a blow out either way, then you see the lesser bullpen guys and a couple of runs either way do not mean much to the guys on the field. As much as I think this game stays close early with a reasonable expectation the Mets take a lead into the 6th, I would hate to have a Braves 2nd half bet in a 9-1 type of game....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by atl4tigerfan:



    Does that mean you would favor a 2nd half play on the braves?  Mets bullpen, braves bats, kimbrel closing

    I really don't make 2nd half plays, other than the occasional live play. The biggest reason I don't like asking them is simpy because if the first half goes crazy, a blow out either way, then you see the lesser bullpen guys and a couple of runs either way do not mean much to the guys on the field. As much as I think this game stays close early with a reasonable expectation the Mets take a lead into the 6th, I would hate to have a Braves 2nd half bet in a 9-1 type of game....
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 5:56 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasteur:

    Adding:

    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    I just can't pull the trigger on the Astros...the line is that high for a reason.  But I can pull the trigger on this under.  Buehrle owns the Stros, giving up 1ER in 17 innings pitched over 2 starts vs. them last season.  The final scores in both games were 4-0 and 2-1, both Jays wins.

    As mentioned earlier I like what Oberholtzer brings to the table in this matchup.  Toronto doesn't hit lefties as well as righties, and Oberholtzer gives up a very low % of home runs per fly ball.  Toronto scores most of its runs via the long ball and I think we'll see another low scoring affair here.

    That's all I'm adding.  Not pushing my luck with anything else.

    Final card:

    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9)
    TEX TT OVER 4 -115 (3.45/3) 
    NYY TT UNDER 4.5 -135 (2.7/2)
    WAS ML -174 (3.48/2)
    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    And I'm on the Brew Crew with tigermike
    Good luck on these, done with everything out in the world now. Seems like a reasonable under 9, but I really blow with totals. I stick to mainly sides and first fives. I will be rooting for you.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasteur:

    Adding:

    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    I just can't pull the trigger on the Astros...the line is that high for a reason.  But I can pull the trigger on this under.  Buehrle owns the Stros, giving up 1ER in 17 innings pitched over 2 starts vs. them last season.  The final scores in both games were 4-0 and 2-1, both Jays wins.

    As mentioned earlier I like what Oberholtzer brings to the table in this matchup.  Toronto doesn't hit lefties as well as righties, and Oberholtzer gives up a very low % of home runs per fly ball.  Toronto scores most of its runs via the long ball and I think we'll see another low scoring affair here.

    That's all I'm adding.  Not pushing my luck with anything else.

    Final card:

    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9)
    TEX TT OVER 4 -115 (3.45/3) 
    NYY TT UNDER 4.5 -135 (2.7/2)
    WAS ML -174 (3.48/2)
    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    And I'm on the Brew Crew with tigermike
    Good luck on these, done with everything out in the world now. Seems like a reasonable under 9, but I really blow with totals. I stick to mainly sides and first fives. I will be rooting for you.
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 6:01 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by atl4tigerfan:



    Does that mean you would favor a 2nd half play on the braves?  Mets bullpen, braves bats, kimbrel closing
    After looking at the 2nd half lines, I see why you were asking, that is a real head scratcher to me with the Mets at -115....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by atl4tigerfan:



    Does that mean you would favor a 2nd half play on the braves?  Mets bullpen, braves bats, kimbrel closing
    After looking at the 2nd half lines, I see why you were asking, that is a real head scratcher to me with the Mets at -115....
     
    Barbosa212
    Barbosa212
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 1297
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 6:04 PM ET #36

    Taking the Bomber Under in anyway TT or U/U is like playing with Dynamite, eventually it will blow up.  I have made a decent income over the years only betting Yanks, the AL East and few team I follow closely ie Miami and Colorado. My stupid rule is never bet against the Yanks or Sox, ever.  Never take the Yanks under, in any capacity. Never take the Sox under at home.  Simple, but on any given night these teams can blow up and ruin your day.  Chen is garbage, and Nova is the most erratic I have ever seen walking 5 in Houston last week.  

    Good luck today fellas 
    Reply
    Taking the Bomber Under in anyway TT or U/U is like playing with Dynamite, eventually it will blow up.  I have made a decent income over the years only betting Yanks, the AL East and few team I follow closely ie Miami and Colorado. My stupid rule is never bet against the Yanks or Sox, ever.  Never take the Yanks under, in any capacity. Never take the Sox under at home.  Simple, but on any given night these teams can blow up and ruin your day.  Chen is garbage, and Nova is the most erratic I have ever seen walking 5 in Houston last week.  

    Good luck today fellas 
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 6:33 PM ET #37

    Yeah Barbosa I was certainly playing with fire with the Yanks TT under 4.5, but all I can do is call it like I see it and hope for the best.

    Congrats to Johnson and Soriano for notching their first home runs of the season on the day I picked the TT under   Win some lose some...it's a lonnnng season!
    Reply
    Yeah Barbosa I was certainly playing with fire with the Yanks TT under 4.5, but all I can do is call it like I see it and hope for the best.

    Congrats to Johnson and Soriano for notching their first home runs of the season on the day I picked the TT under   Win some lose some...it's a lonnnng season!
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 6:38 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

    Good luck on these, done with everything out in the world now. Seems like a reasonable under 9, but I really blow with totals. I stick to mainly sides and first fives. I will be rooting for you.


    Judging by my totals record so far this season I should also probably stick to sides.  With my luck the Jays will go yard 4 times tonight lol  I look forward to what you come up with for any west coast leans.  I'm more of an east coast guy and don't follow the west coast teams as closely.

    The Angels/Mariners game is interesting.  The Mariners were awful vs. LHP in 2013 but Cano in that lineup might change that.  He's one of my favorite hitters in baseball. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

    Good luck on these, done with everything out in the world now. Seems like a reasonable under 9, but I really blow with totals. I stick to mainly sides and first fives. I will be rooting for you.


    Judging by my totals record so far this season I should also probably stick to sides.  With my luck the Jays will go yard 4 times tonight lol  I look forward to what you come up with for any west coast leans.  I'm more of an east coast guy and don't follow the west coast teams as closely.

    The Angels/Mariners game is interesting.  The Mariners were awful vs. LHP in 2013 but Cano in that lineup might change that.  He's one of my favorite hitters in baseball. 
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 6:42 PM ET #39

    And be patient Texas backers...the 5th or 6th inning is normally when we have a Doubront implosion
    Reply
    And be patient Texas backers...the 5th or 6th inning is normally when we have a Doubront implosion
     
    Julespussy
    Julespussy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 2069
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 7:04 PM ET #40

    Good call!!! Just happened in the third!!!
    Reply
    Good call!!! Just happened in the third!!!
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 7:10 PM ET #41

    Lol! He's ahead of schedule. Love cashing tt overs in the 3rd!
    Reply
    Lol! He's ahead of schedule. Love cashing tt overs in the 3rd!
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 7:15 PM ET #42

    Well done sir, you certainly have that Rangers game read dead smack on. Hope they poor on a few more and put in laugher territory.
    Reply
    Well done sir, you certainly have that Rangers game read dead smack on. Hope they poor on a few more and put in laugher territory.
     
    Tigermike1975
    Tigermike1975
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4751
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 8:02 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasteur:



    Judging by my totals record so far this season I should also probably stick to sides.  With my luck the Jays will go yard 4 times tonight lol  I look forward to what you come up with for any west coast leans.  I'm more of an east coast guy and don't follow the west coast teams as closely.

    The Angels/Mariners game is interesting.  The Mariners were awful vs. LHP in 2013 but Cano in that lineup might change that.  He's one of my favorite hitters in baseball. 
    I am passing on both late games....I do have to say I like James Paxton. I read somewhere during spring, I think it was Baseball America, that he had changed the delivery on his slider and it had more nasty downward tilt. I watched his first start last week and in my opinion it is a plus pitch as is his fastball. He primarily threw those to pitches along with a show me change up that was average and a cutter that still needs work. He hung a couple that were not taken advantage of by the Angels. His problem in the minors was control and if he has gotten past that issue he could be a pretty good pitcher and surprise many. Angels have to be looking to knock the Mariners around have being broomed at home and have the bats going pretty well. Santiago the good is good and the bad is bad and I really don't have a good read with him yet. If I were to play this game it would be the Mariners.

    Tigers with Scherzer under -120? A lot to like there but a couple of variables to consider....Miggy back to 3rd, Victor Martinez to 1st and Nick Castellanos to the bench. Definite downgrade to the defense and Nick has been hitting the ball well.  Haren is streaky, he has had runs of good outings mixed into what have been generally underwhelming seasons that last couple of years. Would lean the D, but I will just hope the Nats bring it home and call it a day. Gio does not have his good stuff and Washington is hitting hard balls right at people. Finally a tight one after some easy pickings this afternoon. Tomorrow is a new day.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasteur:



    Judging by my totals record so far this season I should also probably stick to sides.  With my luck the Jays will go yard 4 times tonight lol  I look forward to what you come up with for any west coast leans.  I'm more of an east coast guy and don't follow the west coast teams as closely.

    The Angels/Mariners game is interesting.  The Mariners were awful vs. LHP in 2013 but Cano in that lineup might change that.  He's one of my favorite hitters in baseball. 
    I am passing on both late games....I do have to say I like James Paxton. I read somewhere during spring, I think it was Baseball America, that he had changed the delivery on his slider and it had more nasty downward tilt. I watched his first start last week and in my opinion it is a plus pitch as is his fastball. He primarily threw those to pitches along with a show me change up that was average and a cutter that still needs work. He hung a couple that were not taken advantage of by the Angels. His problem in the minors was control and if he has gotten past that issue he could be a pretty good pitcher and surprise many. Angels have to be looking to knock the Mariners around have being broomed at home and have the bats going pretty well. Santiago the good is good and the bad is bad and I really don't have a good read with him yet. If I were to play this game it would be the Mariners.

    Tigers with Scherzer under -120? A lot to like there but a couple of variables to consider....Miggy back to 3rd, Victor Martinez to 1st and Nick Castellanos to the bench. Definite downgrade to the defense and Nick has been hitting the ball well.  Haren is streaky, he has had runs of good outings mixed into what have been generally underwhelming seasons that last couple of years. Would lean the D, but I will just hope the Nats bring it home and call it a day. Gio does not have his good stuff and Washington is hitting hard balls right at people. Finally a tight one after some easy pickings this afternoon. Tomorrow is a new day.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 9:28 PM ET #44

    I'm fine with calling it a day. If the nats pen closes the game out and the stros pen stops serving up beach balls I'll be a happy man. Thanks for the Brewers pick! I recouped my Yankees tt whiff on that one. And it looks like you nailed the mets game.
    Reply
    I'm fine with calling it a day. If the nats pen closes the game out and the stros pen stops serving up beach balls I'll be a happy man. Thanks for the Brewers pick! I recouped my Yankees tt whiff on that one. And it looks like you nailed the mets game.
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 9:52 PM ET #45

    And thanks for talking me out of Arizona and Houston.  Either one would have been disasters.  Smaller cards ftw
    Reply
    And thanks for talking me out of Arizona and Houston.  Either one would have been disasters.  Smaller cards ftw
     
    thegambler37
    thegambler37
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 325
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 10:22 PM ET #46

    GREAT STUFF!!
    Reply
    GREAT STUFF!!
     
     
    Pasteur
    Pasteur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 2938
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2014 - 10:29 PM ET #47

    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9)
    TEX TT OVER 4 -115 (3.45/3) 
    NYY TT UNDER 4.5 -135 (2.7/2)
    WAS ML -174 (3.48/2)
    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    Other than Kelly Johnson's solo shot in the 8th to whiz in my cheerios, in the immortal words of Borat: "I like!  It's a very niice!"


    Reply
    TEX ML +130 (3/3.9)
    TEX TT OVER 4 -115 (3.45/3) 
    NYY TT UNDER 4.5 -135 (2.7/2)
    WAS ML -174 (3.48/2)
    HOU/TOR under 9 -110 (3.3/3)

    Other than Kelly Johnson's solo shot in the 8th to whiz in my cheerios, in the immortal words of Borat: "I like!  It's a very niice!"


    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,324
    • Friday 10/02/2026 903
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,213
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,978
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,715
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,119
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,356
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,748
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593
    • ***Macwesties * * Fri. * Sat. Oct. 02, * 03, 2026 * Week #5 * NCAAF College Football Plays*** 5,295

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.