• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Penalty Box

    Mike Trout watch! The most overrated athlete to ever don a uniform is back at it

    «First Previous 567 ... 363738 Next Last»
    TxRangers
    TJZags598
    Robards
    the1toturn2
    ArtSchlichterJr
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7293
    Posts: 930
    «First Previous 567 ... 363738 Next Last»
     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 9:48 AM ET #101

    Manny Machado will have over 400 home runs when his career ends, just like trout. There's not a huge discrepancy there.  Machado doesn't have 250 home runs. He has 350, not far behind trout. I know I know, Machado is a contact hitter, he don't hit home runs. Well, his stats think you are wrong

    Reply

    Manny Machado will have over 400 home runs when his career ends, just like trout. There's not a huge discrepancy there.  Machado doesn't have 250 home runs. He has 350, not far behind trout. I know I know, Machado is a contact hitter, he don't hit home runs. Well, his stats think you are wrong

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 9:49 AM ET #102

    Manny Machado will have over 400 home runs when his career ends, just like trout. There's not a huge discrepancy there.  Machado doesn't have 250 home runs. He has 350, not far behind trout. I know I know, Machado is a contact hitter, he don't hit home runs. Well, his stats think you are wrong

    Reply

    Manny Machado will have over 400 home runs when his career ends, just like trout. There's not a huge discrepancy there.  Machado doesn't have 250 home runs. He has 350, not far behind trout. I know I know, Machado is a contact hitter, he don't hit home runs. Well, his stats think you are wrong

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 9:50 AM ET #103

    @TxRangers

     Aron Judge has more career strikeouts than hits. ALOT MORE

     

    He is number 10 on the all-time OPS list.

     

    Better than almost EVERY hall of famer. ALREADY

     

    Reply

    @TxRangers

     Aron Judge has more career strikeouts than hits. ALOT MORE

     

    He is number 10 on the all-time OPS list.

     

    Better than almost EVERY hall of famer. ALREADY

     

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 9:51 AM ET #104

    @TxRangers

     

    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangers:

    Manny Machado will have over 400 home runs when his career ends, just like trout. There's not a huge discrepancy there.  Machado doesn't have 250 home runs. He has 350, not far behind trout. I know I know, Machado is a contact hitter, he don't hit home runs. Well, his stats think you are wrong

     

    LOL. do you know what OPS is?

     

    Trout is 168 spots ahead of Machado.

     

    Keep reaching

    Reply

    @TxRangers

     

    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangers:

    Manny Machado will have over 400 home runs when his career ends, just like trout. There's not a huge discrepancy there.  Machado doesn't have 250 home runs. He has 350, not far behind trout. I know I know, Machado is a contact hitter, he don't hit home runs. Well, his stats think you are wrong

     

    LOL. do you know what OPS is?

     

    Trout is 168 spots ahead of Machado.

     

    Keep reaching

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 9:52 AM ET #105

    @TJZags598

     Really? Stats aren't stats? Then how come a pitcher with the lowest ERA usually wins the cy Young award. Or the pitcher with the most wins, wins the cy Young award? How do they determine a triple crown winner? 

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     Really? Stats aren't stats? Then how come a pitcher with the lowest ERA usually wins the cy Young award. Or the pitcher with the most wins, wins the cy Young award? How do they determine a triple crown winner? 

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 9:54 AM ET #106

    @TxRangers

     

    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangers:

    @TJZags598  Really? Stats aren't stats? Then how come a pitcher with the lowest ERA usually wins the cy Young award. Or the pitcher with the most wins, wins the cy Young award? How do they determine a triple crown winner?

     

    Stats from Generation to generation cant be compared.

     

    Do you know anything about baseball?

     

     

    Reply

    @TxRangers

     

    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangers:

    @TJZags598  Really? Stats aren't stats? Then how come a pitcher with the lowest ERA usually wins the cy Young award. Or the pitcher with the most wins, wins the cy Young award? How do they determine a triple crown winner?

     

    Stats from Generation to generation cant be compared.

     

    Do you know anything about baseball?

     

     

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 9:55 AM ET #107

    @TJZags598

     Keep reaching for what???? Call MLB, tell them trouts strike out stat are wrong. He don't have 1490, Machado doesn't have 1308.  don't get mad at me because he strikes out all the time. I'm only giving you stats. I know, I know, stats don't mean anything. But yet you mentioned ops? Is that a stat? You can have Mike Trout on your team. I hope you like being in last place

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     Keep reaching for what???? Call MLB, tell them trouts strike out stat are wrong. He don't have 1490, Machado doesn't have 1308.  don't get mad at me because he strikes out all the time. I'm only giving you stats. I know, I know, stats don't mean anything. But yet you mentioned ops? Is that a stat? You can have Mike Trout on your team. I hope you like being in last place

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 9:57 AM ET #108

    @TJZags598

     Once again, someone doesn't have to know anything about baseball to realize the number 1490 is higher than the number 1308. What does that have to do with someone knowing baseball or not???? What does knowing baseball have to do with adding numbers. We can all add? What does mathematics have to do with baseball knowledge? A third grader can add trout strikeouts the last five seasons. And he doesn't know baseball. But he can add

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     Once again, someone doesn't have to know anything about baseball to realize the number 1490 is higher than the number 1308. What does that have to do with someone knowing baseball or not???? What does knowing baseball have to do with adding numbers. We can all add? What does mathematics have to do with baseball knowledge? A third grader can add trout strikeouts the last five seasons. And he doesn't know baseball. But he can add

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 10:00 AM ET #109

    Strikeouts are not the gauge of greatness bro.

     

    You are clueless.

    Reply

    Strikeouts are not the gauge of greatness bro.

     

    You are clueless.

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 10:06 AM ET #110

    Here is why you cant compare generation to generation statistics:

     

    Willie Mays played in an era of FEW relieve pitchers.

     

    Starters completed about 40% of starts when he played. 

     

    Mays was always facing TIRED pitchers.

     

    Todays game, 0% os starters finish games.

    Average starter doesnt even pitch 6 innings 5.8

    No one threw 100 mph when Mays played.

    Fresh mitchers now adays. Mays never had to face a fresh Edwin Diaz....

     

    How can we compare? Cant?

    BUT WAIT.

     

    When Mays played there werre 16-24 teams.

     

    Talent level was definitely higher. Few team to distribute talent. So mays faced better pitchers.

     

    BUT WAIT.

     

    Athletes now adays are in better shape. More science, weight training, more developed minor leagues.

     

    How can we compare relaistically?

    Reply

    Here is why you cant compare generation to generation statistics:

     

    Willie Mays played in an era of FEW relieve pitchers.

     

    Starters completed about 40% of starts when he played. 

     

    Mays was always facing TIRED pitchers.

     

    Todays game, 0% os starters finish games.

    Average starter doesnt even pitch 6 innings 5.8

    No one threw 100 mph when Mays played.

    Fresh mitchers now adays. Mays never had to face a fresh Edwin Diaz....

     

    How can we compare? Cant?

    BUT WAIT.

     

    When Mays played there werre 16-24 teams.

     

    Talent level was definitely higher. Few team to distribute talent. So mays faced better pitchers.

     

    BUT WAIT.

     

    Athletes now adays are in better shape. More science, weight training, more developed minor leagues.

     

    How can we compare relaistically?

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 10:10 AM ET #111

    @TJZags598

     Greatness? You think Mike Trout is great? If he's so great, why does he struck out all the time? If he's so great? Why won't he come close to having 3K hits in his career? When his career ends, he'll have around 2,000 hits, 2200 k's. 0 world series titles, and probably 0 playoff wins. That's not great. If you're great, you are available for your team. Trout is on the DL every year. How many times is mchomes, Brady on the DL. Look at all the other goats, in other sports. What do they all have in common? Brady, mahomes, elway, etc.lebron, Jordan, Bill Russell, Gretzky, ronaldo, Messi, Pele, Willie mays, Greg Maddox, babe Ruth, tiger woods, Jack Nicholas, djovik, (however you spell his name)? I give up, you can have trout on your team. I hope you like being in last place. All he does is strike out, and hit a meaningless home run against Oakland in the middle of July. Good luck being in last place with trout on your team. Because that's all he is good for. Winners, win. He could have left the Angels years ago to pursue a championship. But he don't care about winning. Do you think Tom Brady cares about winning? He restructured his contract every year. But I know, I know, trout is great. Good luck dude

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     Greatness? You think Mike Trout is great? If he's so great, why does he struck out all the time? If he's so great? Why won't he come close to having 3K hits in his career? When his career ends, he'll have around 2,000 hits, 2200 k's. 0 world series titles, and probably 0 playoff wins. That's not great. If you're great, you are available for your team. Trout is on the DL every year. How many times is mchomes, Brady on the DL. Look at all the other goats, in other sports. What do they all have in common? Brady, mahomes, elway, etc.lebron, Jordan, Bill Russell, Gretzky, ronaldo, Messi, Pele, Willie mays, Greg Maddox, babe Ruth, tiger woods, Jack Nicholas, djovik, (however you spell his name)? I give up, you can have trout on your team. I hope you like being in last place. All he does is strike out, and hit a meaningless home run against Oakland in the middle of July. Good luck being in last place with trout on your team. Because that's all he is good for. Winners, win. He could have left the Angels years ago to pursue a championship. But he don't care about winning. Do you think Tom Brady cares about winning? He restructured his contract every year. But I know, I know, trout is great. Good luck dude

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 10:20 AM ET #112

    @TxRangers

     Mike Trout is # 13 ALLTIME in OPS>

     

    There have been 20,000 baseball players and he is 13 in the one stats that most identify as the stat that translate greatness.

     

    Not his fault the Angeles didn't win, its a team sport. Stupid owner.

     

    Ted Williams never won a Championship. Would you question his greatness?

     

    ernie Banks? Greg Maddux?

    James Outman won a Championship, is he great than Ted williams?

     

     

    Reply

    @TxRangers

     Mike Trout is # 13 ALLTIME in OPS>

     

    There have been 20,000 baseball players and he is 13 in the one stats that most identify as the stat that translate greatness.

     

    Not his fault the Angeles didn't win, its a team sport. Stupid owner.

     

    Ted Williams never won a Championship. Would you question his greatness?

     

    ernie Banks? Greg Maddux?

    James Outman won a Championship, is he great than Ted williams?

     

     

     
    Robards
    Robards
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 9248
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 10:53 AM ET #113

    @TJZags598

     I wanna hear him tear apart Ted Williams.lol

     

    @TxRangers

     My man it's cool you are not fan but to say Trout stinks,come on that is just absurdly stupid

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     I wanna hear him tear apart Ted Williams.lol

     

    @TxRangers

     My man it's cool you are not fan but to say Trout stinks,come on that is just absurdly stupid

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:04 AM ET #114

    @TJZags598

     

     Greg Maddux won a world series, he also won I think 14 division titles in a row, numerous playoff games, numerous!! Something that trout doesn't care about doing. Ted Williams struck out 709 times in 20 years. He averaged 37 strikeouts a season. Compared to Trout at 100 per season and going up fast. Again, those are stats. But it's funny that you said Machado is a contact hitter and trout a power hitter when they almost have the same amount of home runs. That's quite hilarious. But oh well, you can have trout on your team, I hope you enjoy last place, because that's all he's good for. Once again people, he could have left the Angels a long time ago, don't blame the owner, blame trout

     

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     

     Greg Maddux won a world series, he also won I think 14 division titles in a row, numerous playoff games, numerous!! Something that trout doesn't care about doing. Ted Williams struck out 709 times in 20 years. He averaged 37 strikeouts a season. Compared to Trout at 100 per season and going up fast. Again, those are stats. But it's funny that you said Machado is a contact hitter and trout a power hitter when they almost have the same amount of home runs. That's quite hilarious. But oh well, you can have trout on your team, I hope you enjoy last place, because that's all he's good for. Once again people, he could have left the Angels a long time ago, don't blame the owner, blame trout

     

     
    the1toturn2
    the1toturn2
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 11699
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:05 AM ET #115

    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangers:

    @the1toturn2    Dude, you're smarter than this. You were trying to IMPLY, that trout really didn't have 10 k's in 16 at bats versus Scherzer. You were hoping that trout had more PA's so the 10 strikeouts would'nt look so bad . That's why you mentioned the PA's. When actually, it turned out to be 16 PA's, 16 at bats Come on dude, you're better than this. You knew what you were trying to IMPLY???

    Someone  either implies something or does not there is no trying   I was not implying anything  You just see or hear what you want to hear to support you position 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangers:

    @the1toturn2    Dude, you're smarter than this. You were trying to IMPLY, that trout really didn't have 10 k's in 16 at bats versus Scherzer. You were hoping that trout had more PA's so the 10 strikeouts would'nt look so bad . That's why you mentioned the PA's. When actually, it turned out to be 16 PA's, 16 at bats Come on dude, you're better than this. You knew what you were trying to IMPLY???

    Someone  either implies something or does not there is no trying   I was not implying anything  You just see or hear what you want to hear to support you position 

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:10 AM ET #116

    @TxRangers

     Trout has a career slugging % 100 pts higher than Machdo. .58 to .48)

     

    Thats huge.

     

    Trout is a Power hitter. Machado is not.

     

    Aron Judge bhas struck out more than he has hits.

     

    You doubting his greatness?

     

     

    Reply

    @TxRangers

     Trout has a career slugging % 100 pts higher than Machdo. .58 to .48)

     

    Thats huge.

     

    Trout is a Power hitter. Machado is not.

     

    Aron Judge bhas struck out more than he has hits.

     

    You doubting his greatness?

     

     

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:12 AM ET #117

    @Robardsan_cheers

     I get it, he has a hard on for Trout, and strikeouts for some reason.

     

    Its one thing to discuss baseball and disagree, but to be so blinded is crazy.

     

    Reply

    @Robardsan_cheers

     I get it, he has a hard on for Trout, and strikeouts for some reason.

     

    Its one thing to discuss baseball and disagree, but to be so blinded is crazy.

     

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:20 AM ET #118

    @TJZags598

     How many times do I have to repeat myself!?!?! I'm talking about Mike Trout striking out at a high rate???? And stop saying Machado is a contact hitter, they almost have the exact same amount of home runs. I know, I know, MLB stats are wrong in that format as well. I guess you think trout has 612 home runs, and Machado has 199. Why can't you admit that Mike Trout strikes out at a high rate causing his team to lose the same way he did with in the WBC Once again, call mlb, tell them their stats are wrong on Mike Trout striking out. I'm not talking about ops, average, home runs.

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     How many times do I have to repeat myself!?!?! I'm talking about Mike Trout striking out at a high rate???? And stop saying Machado is a contact hitter, they almost have the exact same amount of home runs. I know, I know, MLB stats are wrong in that format as well. I guess you think trout has 612 home runs, and Machado has 199. Why can't you admit that Mike Trout strikes out at a high rate causing his team to lose the same way he did with in the WBC Once again, call mlb, tell them their stats are wrong on Mike Trout striking out. I'm not talking about ops, average, home runs.

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:22 AM ET #119

    @TJZags598

     

     Discuss baseball and disagree??? So, you were disagreeing with me that Mike Trout has more strikeouts in the past 5 seasons than hits? You are disagreeing with me on that???? Because that's what I'm saying, that's what I've always said. You are disagreeing with me that Manny has 1300 more at bats with 200 less strikeouts than trout?? I know, I know, Machado is a contact hitter even though he has 350 home runs. I know dude. Those stats are wrong!! I know they are!!! Lol. But are you a disagreeing with me???

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     

     Discuss baseball and disagree??? So, you were disagreeing with me that Mike Trout has more strikeouts in the past 5 seasons than hits? You are disagreeing with me on that???? Because that's what I'm saying, that's what I've always said. You are disagreeing with me that Manny has 1300 more at bats with 200 less strikeouts than trout?? I know, I know, Machado is a contact hitter even though he has 350 home runs. I know dude. Those stats are wrong!! I know they are!!! Lol. But are you a disagreeing with me???

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:23 AM ET #120

    @TxRangers

     Power hitters are defined by SLUGGING%.

     

    How do you get through life with such lack of basic knowledge?

     

    Aaron Judge strikes out ALOT. 20% more than Hits.

     

    By your definition, he is over-rated.

     

    He is one of the Greatest of all time. #10 in OPS ALLTIME. get it?

    Reply

    @TxRangers

     Power hitters are defined by SLUGGING%.

     

    How do you get through life with such lack of basic knowledge?

     

    Aaron Judge strikes out ALOT. 20% more than Hits.

     

    By your definition, he is over-rated.

     

    He is one of the Greatest of all time. #10 in OPS ALLTIME. get it?

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:26 AM ET #121

    @TJZags598

     I know dude, I know. Machado is a contact hitter that's why he has 1300 more at bats and 200 strikeouts less than trout. Machado has 350 home runs, trout 384. I know dude, I know MLB is wrong. Blah blah blah! It's hilarious you can't admit Mike Trout strikes out at a high rate causing his team to lose the same way he did in the WBC and throughout the season for the Angels. I know dude, I know, Mike Trout has only struck out 516 times and not 1490 times. MLB is wrong. I'll call them after I eat my breakfast and tell them

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     I know dude, I know. Machado is a contact hitter that's why he has 1300 more at bats and 200 strikeouts less than trout. Machado has 350 home runs, trout 384. I know dude, I know MLB is wrong. Blah blah blah! It's hilarious you can't admit Mike Trout strikes out at a high rate causing his team to lose the same way he did in the WBC and throughout the season for the Angels. I know dude, I know, Mike Trout has only struck out 516 times and not 1490 times. MLB is wrong. I'll call them after I eat my breakfast and tell them

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:27 AM ET #122

    @TJZags598

     I know dude, I know. Machado is a contact hitter that's why he has 1300 more at bats and 200 strikeouts less than trout. Machado has 350 home runs, trout 384. I know dude, I know MLB is wrong. Blah blah blah! It's hilarious you can't admit Mike Trout strikes out at a high rate causing his team to lose the same way he did in the WBC and throughout the season for the Angels. I know dude, I know, Mike Trout has only struck out 516 times and not 1490 times. MLB is wrong. I'll call them after I eat my breakfast and tell them

    Reply

    @TJZags598

     I know dude, I know. Machado is a contact hitter that's why he has 1300 more at bats and 200 strikeouts less than trout. Machado has 350 home runs, trout 384. I know dude, I know MLB is wrong. Blah blah blah! It's hilarious you can't admit Mike Trout strikes out at a high rate causing his team to lose the same way he did in the WBC and throughout the season for the Angels. I know dude, I know, Mike Trout has only struck out 516 times and not 1490 times. MLB is wrong. I'll call them after I eat my breakfast and tell them

     
    TJZags598
    TJZags598
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2017
    Posts: 2290
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:27 AM ET #123

    @TxRangers

     I disagree with you when you say he is over rated.

     

    That is the title of your Topic here, no?

     

    I wont argue stats with you , they are what they are.

     

    Few stats translate from generation to Generation.

     

    OPS translates.

     

     

    Reply

    @TxRangers

     I disagree with you when you say he is over rated.

     

    That is the title of your Topic here, no?

     

    I wont argue stats with you , they are what they are.

     

    Few stats translate from generation to Generation.

     

    OPS translates.

     

     

     
    TxRangers
    TxRangers
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 2509
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:30 AM ET #124

    Let me ask you a simple question, then I have to get busy. In the past 5 seasons, does Mike Trout have more hits or k's? 

    Reply

    Let me ask you a simple question, then I have to get busy. In the past 5 seasons, does Mike Trout have more hits or k's? 

     
     
    ArtSchlichterJr
    ArtSchlichterJr
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 3470
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2025 - 11:32 AM ET #125

    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangers:

    @TJZags598  How many times do I have to repeat myself!?!?! I'm talking about Mike Trout striking out at a high rate???? And stop saying Machado is a contact hitter, they almost have the exact same amount of home runs. I know, I know, MLB stats are wrong in that format as well. I guess you think trout has 612 home runs, and Machado has 199. Why can't you admit that Mike Trout strikes out at a high rate causing his team to lose the same way he did with in the WBC Once again, call mlb, tell them their stats are wrong on Mike Trout striking out. I'm not talking about ops, average, home runs.
    You just do not get it.. Sure he KO's a good amount so does Judge..  Sure he has struggled vs high end pitchers.. Who does not on a average bases... But it is your TITLE that is just stupid white girl silly... He is not even close to being the most overrated player EVER.. That is not debatable... As for him staying with the Angels so be it.. Baseball is a JOB just like any other job he is getting payed just fine why uproot your life and  family by demanding a trade... Would you uproot your job and family life under those same circumstances.. End of the day playing a sport  is like a job selling homes  or laying bricks just paid much higher..  Silly title... JMO... peace_5

    Be careful with the axe Eugene.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangers:

    @TJZags598  How many times do I have to repeat myself!?!?! I'm talking about Mike Trout striking out at a high rate???? And stop saying Machado is a contact hitter, they almost have the exact same amount of home runs. I know, I know, MLB stats are wrong in that format as well. I guess you think trout has 612 home runs, and Machado has 199. Why can't you admit that Mike Trout strikes out at a high rate causing his team to lose the same way he did with in the WBC Once again, call mlb, tell them their stats are wrong on Mike Trout striking out. I'm not talking about ops, average, home runs.
    You just do not get it.. Sure he KO's a good amount so does Judge..  Sure he has struggled vs high end pitchers.. Who does not on a average bases... But it is your TITLE that is just stupid white girl silly... He is not even close to being the most overrated player EVER.. That is not debatable... As for him staying with the Angels so be it.. Baseball is a JOB just like any other job he is getting payed just fine why uproot your life and  family by demanding a trade... Would you uproot your job and family life under those same circumstances.. End of the day playing a sport  is like a job selling homes  or laying bricks just paid much higher..  Silly title... JMO... peace_5

    All Forums | Penalty Box
    «First Previous 567 ... 363738 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,393
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 687
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,332
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,530
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,822
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,496
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,228
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,871
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,149
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,847

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.