• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Stock Pick - MNKD

    123 ... 212223 Next Last»
    Louis_IV
    avenue
    Rush51
    Lucrative
    duong02743
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 51435
    Posts: 563
    123 ... 212223 Next Last»
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2013 - 3:37 PM ET #1

    .......biotech.....


    I'm invested pretty big here....

    ....recently submitted to FDA approval, expected notification on approval April 2014....

    .....see where this one is at come June/July next year....

    High risk,  high reward.

    Drug treats diabetes as well as provides ease of use in how a diabetec intakes AFREZZA (insulin) via an easy to use/discreet inhaler through lungs.

    Fast acting insulin.

         or   

    Only time will tell....
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    .......biotech.....


    I'm invested pretty big here....

    ....recently submitted to FDA approval, expected notification on approval April 2014....

    .....see where this one is at come June/July next year....

    High risk,  high reward.

    Drug treats diabetes as well as provides ease of use in how a diabetec intakes AFREZZA (insulin) via an easy to use/discreet inhaler through lungs.

    Fast acting insulin.

         or   

    Only time will tell....
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2013 - 3:38 PM ET #2

    As of this post $5 a share....
    Reply
    As of this post $5 a share....
     
    avenue
    avenue
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 7616
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2013 - 3:59 PM ET #3





    BOL


    Reply




    BOL


     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2013 - 9:37 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis_IV:

    .......biotech.....


    I'm invested pretty big here....

    ....recently submitted to FDA approval, expected notification on approval April 2014....

    .....see where this one is at come June/July next year....

    High risk,  high reward.

    Drug treats diabetes as well as provides ease of use in how a diabetec intakes AFREZZA (insulin) via an easy to use/discreet inhaler through lungs.

    Fast acting insulin.

         or   

    Only time will tell....

     

    Well, you hit it on the head.  High Risk, High Reward.


    Like any Biotech or Pharma co. , your fortunes ride on the blessing on the FDA.


    Never forget this. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis_IV:

    .......biotech.....


    I'm invested pretty big here....

    ....recently submitted to FDA approval, expected notification on approval April 2014....

    .....see where this one is at come June/July next year....

    High risk,  high reward.

    Drug treats diabetes as well as provides ease of use in how a diabetec intakes AFREZZA (insulin) via an easy to use/discreet inhaler through lungs.

    Fast acting insulin.

         or   

    Only time will tell....

     

    Well, you hit it on the head.  High Risk, High Reward.


    Like any Biotech or Pharma co. , your fortunes ride on the blessing on the FDA.


    Never forget this. 

     
    Lucrative
    Lucrative
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 915
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2013 - 9:38 AM ET #5

    I jumped in for a dabble
    Reply
    I jumped in for a dabble
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2013 - 1:17 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

     

    Well, you hit it on the head.  High Risk, High Reward.


    Like any Biotech or Pharma co. , your fortunes ride on the blessing on the FDA.


    Never forget this. 


    Yep, it will be a big blow if I lose this one but I'm a believer, I just hope the FDA as corrupt as they are, do the right thing and approve this one.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

     

    Well, you hit it on the head.  High Risk, High Reward.


    Like any Biotech or Pharma co. , your fortunes ride on the blessing on the FDA.


    Never forget this. 


    Yep, it will be a big blow if I lose this one but I'm a believer, I just hope the FDA as corrupt as they are, do the right thing and approve this one.
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2013 - 1:17 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrative:

    I jumped in for a dabble

    Hope we cash, good luck
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrative:

    I jumped in for a dabble

    Hope we cash, good luck
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 11:03 AM ET #8

    $4.89 as of today..........slightly lower 
    Reply
    $4.89 as of today..........slightly lower 
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 10:55 PM ET #9

    BOL to you...   
    Reply
    BOL to you...   
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2013 - 10:54 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    BOL to you...   

    thanks Rush, I'm sure dealing with the FDA, luck will come in handy.  Maybe a little bribery as well.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    BOL to you...   

    thanks Rush, I'm sure dealing with the FDA, luck will come in handy.  Maybe a little bribery as well.

     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2013 - 9:05 PM ET #11

    12/27 close, $5.20.  Up a few cents

    Average buy-in was $4.90.
    Reply
    12/27 close, $5.20.  Up a few cents

    Average buy-in was $4.90.
     
    duong02743
    duong02743
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 68
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2014 - 3:36 PM ET #12

    I wished I read this thread two week ago. This stock jumps over 20% today 1/9/14.  I am not sure they still keep jumping .
    Any info?

    Reply
    I wished I read this thread two week ago. This stock jumps over 20% today 1/9/14.  I am not sure they still keep jumping .
    Any info?

     
    rubberneck
    rubberneck
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2000
    Posts: 3220
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2014 - 3:54 PM ET #13

    I did not buy any but if anyone did @ $5 it's about time to take profits
    Reply
    I did not buy any but if anyone did @ $5 it's about time to take profits
     
    Lucrative
    Lucrative
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 915
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2014 - 11:32 AM ET #14




    Bought at 5.05 on 11/18. Nice jump yesterday; it is back down some today.

    Louis what do think the ceiling is for this one? I assume you are holding until the FDA reports next month?
    Reply



    Bought at 5.05 on 11/18. Nice jump yesterday; it is back down some today.

    Louis what do think the ceiling is for this one? I assume you are holding until the FDA reports next month?
     
    Lucrative
    Lucrative
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 915
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2014 - 11:38 AM ET #15

    FYI:

    VALENCIA, Calif., Jan. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MannKind Corporation (MNKD) today announced that the Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is tentatively scheduled on April 1, 2014 to review MannKind's New Drug Application (NDA) for AFREZZA(R) (insulin human [rDNA origin]) Inhalation Powder. The date and details of the meeting are subject to confirmation by the FDA in a Federal Register notice. MannKind resubmitted the NDA on October 13, 2013 seeking approval to market AFREZZA in the United States with an indication to improve glycemic control in adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. The target date for the FDA to complete its review of the AFREZZA NDA is April 15, 2014.



    Reply
    FYI:

    VALENCIA, Calif., Jan. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MannKind Corporation (MNKD) today announced that the Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is tentatively scheduled on April 1, 2014 to review MannKind's New Drug Application (NDA) for AFREZZA(R) (insulin human [rDNA origin]) Inhalation Powder. The date and details of the meeting are subject to confirmation by the FDA in a Federal Register notice. MannKind resubmitted the NDA on October 13, 2013 seeking approval to market AFREZZA in the United States with an indication to improve glycemic control in adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. The target date for the FDA to complete its review of the AFREZZA NDA is April 15, 2014.



     
    duong02743
    duong02743
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 68
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2014 - 12:13 PM ET #16

     I see, that's why they are dropping big time today - 
    Reply
     I see, that's why they are dropping big time today - 
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2014 - 7:52 AM ET #17

    Can't believe that such a drop is warranted by this news.  I made a lot of money on some MNKD calls.  Thank God I sold for a quick profit.  I still love the stock.  Could be a big winner.  It should run up ahead of the April 1st date. 
    Reply
    Can't believe that such a drop is warranted by this news.  I made a lot of money on some MNKD calls.  Thank God I sold for a quick profit.  I still love the stock.  Could be a big winner.  It should run up ahead of the April 1st date. 
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2014 - 2:05 PM ET #18

    I made some coin on a sale earlier this month.  I'm LONG though with half of it.  Its a steal at these prices right now in my view.  As I said before, its high risk high reward.  At the time of this post its trading at $5.55 a share.  I'll be accumulating my position here and even more so on any dips.  I want to get back to where I was before my last sale.  I knew it would drop in the near term off the $7 in early January, still made some nice money.  This stock is by far my largest position in my portfolio at this time, was more so prior to the recent sale, as I said I am getting reestablished again.
    Reply
    I made some coin on a sale earlier this month.  I'm LONG though with half of it.  Its a steal at these prices right now in my view.  As I said before, its high risk high reward.  At the time of this post its trading at $5.55 a share.  I'll be accumulating my position here and even more so on any dips.  I want to get back to where I was before my last sale.  I knew it would drop in the near term off the $7 in early January, still made some nice money.  This stock is by far my largest position in my portfolio at this time, was more so prior to the recent sale, as I said I am getting reestablished again.
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2014 - 2:09 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrative:




    Bought at 5.05 on 11/18. Nice jump yesterday; it is back down some today.

    Louis what do think the ceiling is for this one? I assume you are holding until the FDA reports next month?

    Ceiling, wow, hard to say.  Do some research on the CEO if you have not already. Billionaire!  Genius! Many, many past successes in Boitech, and has a passion for this, has invested billions of his own money.  So, ceiling, man, it could be really big.  I'm hoping for a partner here in the next month to be announced.  The key is the approval though.  No reason this should not get approved unless there is corruption in the FDA as it relates to this drug.  They should have been approved last time but a change in the delivery system during testing required additional analysis.  That's it.  Drug was fine.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrative:




    Bought at 5.05 on 11/18. Nice jump yesterday; it is back down some today.

    Louis what do think the ceiling is for this one? I assume you are holding until the FDA reports next month?

    Ceiling, wow, hard to say.  Do some research on the CEO if you have not already. Billionaire!  Genius! Many, many past successes in Boitech, and has a passion for this, has invested billions of his own money.  So, ceiling, man, it could be really big.  I'm hoping for a partner here in the next month to be announced.  The key is the approval though.  No reason this should not get approved unless there is corruption in the FDA as it relates to this drug.  They should have been approved last time but a change in the delivery system during testing required additional analysis.  That's it.  Drug was fine.
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2014 - 11:00 AM ET #20

    just added some more at 5.25.....

    ....still have some powder if it drops more in short term.
    Reply
    just added some more at 5.25.....

    ....still have some powder if it drops more in short term.
     
    Lucrative
    Lucrative
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 915
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2014 - 2:32 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis_IV:


    Ceiling, wow, hard to say.  Do some research on the CEO if you have not already. Billionaire!  Genius! Many, many past successes in Boitech, and has a passion for this, has invested billions of his own money.  So, ceiling, man, it could be really big.  I'm hoping for a partner here in the next month to be announced.  The key is the approval though.  No reason this should not get approved unless there is corruption in the FDA as it relates to this drug.  They should have been approved last time but a change in the delivery system during testing required additional analysis.  That's it.  Drug was fine.


    Indeed. I have looked into it. For a biotech venture capitalist to invest over 900 million into his own company speaks volumes. He's either crazy, or onto the next big thing.

    The application would be revolutionary in the diabetes market. Anyway, win or lose it's an interesting prospect. I plan on being in for the long run
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis_IV:


    Ceiling, wow, hard to say.  Do some research on the CEO if you have not already. Billionaire!  Genius! Many, many past successes in Boitech, and has a passion for this, has invested billions of his own money.  So, ceiling, man, it could be really big.  I'm hoping for a partner here in the next month to be announced.  The key is the approval though.  No reason this should not get approved unless there is corruption in the FDA as it relates to this drug.  They should have been approved last time but a change in the delivery system during testing required additional analysis.  That's it.  Drug was fine.


    Indeed. I have looked into it. For a biotech venture capitalist to invest over 900 million into his own company speaks volumes. He's either crazy, or onto the next big thing.

    The application would be revolutionary in the diabetes market. Anyway, win or lose it's an interesting prospect. I plan on being in for the long run
     
    lsharks
    lsharks
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 964
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2014 - 10:54 PM ET #22

    The key is approval AND getting word out to the Medical World who can advise Diabetics to use it...  I am in for the long run also.
    Reply
    The key is approval AND getting word out to the Medical World who can advise Diabetics to use it...  I am in for the long run also.
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2014 - 9:17 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by lsharks:

    The key is approval AND getting word out to the Medical World who can advise Diabetics to use it...  I am in for the long run also.

    if it gets approved, which it should and docs don't advise people to use it, in my view, they are not doing their jobs.  There is nothing out there like this that could prevent diabetics from dying unnecessarily.  That said, doctors don't always care to do what is right.  My wife works with them daily and knows that not all are motivated to do "what is the best" for the patient.  Marketing will need to be high, I would expect that from MNKD partner.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by lsharks:

    The key is approval AND getting word out to the Medical World who can advise Diabetics to use it...  I am in for the long run also.

    if it gets approved, which it should and docs don't advise people to use it, in my view, they are not doing their jobs.  There is nothing out there like this that could prevent diabetics from dying unnecessarily.  That said, doctors don't always care to do what is right.  My wife works with them daily and knows that not all are motivated to do "what is the best" for the patient.  Marketing will need to be high, I would expect that from MNKD partner.
     
    lsharks
    lsharks
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 964
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2014 - 9:43 PM ET #24

    Strong Marketing are the words I was looking for and I would expect it also from MNKD.  Another Insulin company called ORMP may affect MNKD.  If  ORMP Oral Insulin gets approved, I don't think the diabetics would go for the inhaler.  Just sayin...
    Reply
    Strong Marketing are the words I was looking for and I would expect it also from MNKD.  Another Insulin company called ORMP may affect MNKD.  If  ORMP Oral Insulin gets approved, I don't think the diabetics would go for the inhaler.  Just sayin...
     
     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2014 - 2:11 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by lsharks:

    Strong Marketing are the words I was looking for and I would expect it also from MNKD.  Another Insulin company called ORMP may affect MNKD.  If  ORMP Oral Insulin gets approved, I don't think the diabetics would go for the inhaler.  Just sayin...

    I think ORMP is a ways away and I believe what gets treated and how are two different things, not apples to apples.

    ORMP is not a threat to MNKD's Afreeza for quite some time if at all. They have yet to begin FDA 3 and Afreeza is more than just an inhaler. Its patented insulin is "prandial" meaning it mimics the natural insulin faster and more like the human pancreas. The "dreamboat" less than palm size inhaler can be adapted to many other drug delivery systems.

    Afreeza is ready to go and anxiously awaited by those that were trial subjects and was almost approved before except for a request to test their newly introduced tiny inhaler which was done with FDA cooperation. Finally this market is huge and various combinations of treatments will be worked out between Doctor and patient. As with asthmatics many patients will no doubt become comfortable with the inhaler long before ORMP's drug hits the market and will stick with it's convenience and fast action.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by lsharks:

    Strong Marketing are the words I was looking for and I would expect it also from MNKD.  Another Insulin company called ORMP may affect MNKD.  If  ORMP Oral Insulin gets approved, I don't think the diabetics would go for the inhaler.  Just sayin...

    I think ORMP is a ways away and I believe what gets treated and how are two different things, not apples to apples.

    ORMP is not a threat to MNKD's Afreeza for quite some time if at all. They have yet to begin FDA 3 and Afreeza is more than just an inhaler. Its patented insulin is "prandial" meaning it mimics the natural insulin faster and more like the human pancreas. The "dreamboat" less than palm size inhaler can be adapted to many other drug delivery systems.

    Afreeza is ready to go and anxiously awaited by those that were trial subjects and was almost approved before except for a request to test their newly introduced tiny inhaler which was done with FDA cooperation. Finally this market is huge and various combinations of treatments will be worked out between Doctor and patient. As with asthmatics many patients will no doubt become comfortable with the inhaler long before ORMP's drug hits the market and will stick with it's convenience and fast action.

    All Forums | Investments
    123 ... 212223 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,386
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 686
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,312
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,397
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,812
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,484
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,203
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,817
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,147
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,835

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.