Today was a classic "sucker's rally." The big money players decided to bust up some shorts, and then they proceeded to do so by really turning up the heat the last hour....when the public was expecting a sell-off of the day's gains cause tomorrow------
"all eyes are on the all-important non-farm payroll numbers."
Cliches..................
Personally, am going to use any hype and hoopla the next few days about how "the worst is over in financials" and that it's "ok to dip your toe in the financial waters" to get short Citigroup (C)......they are fckued this Q, completely. Easiest trade I can come up with this month--------short C on hype and hoopla.
Today was a classic "sucker's rally." The big money players decided to bust up some shorts, and then they proceeded to do so by really turning up the heat the last hour....when the public was expecting a sell-off of the day's gains cause tomorrow------
"all eyes are on the all-important non-farm payroll numbers."
Cliches..................
Personally, am going to use any hype and hoopla the next few days about how "the worst is over in financials" and that it's "ok to dip your toe in the financial waters" to get short Citigroup (C)......they are fckued this Q, completely. Easiest trade I can come up with this month--------short C on hype and hoopla.
well, so much for the gap up. looking like a gap down:
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The U.S. unemployment rate jumped by a half percentage point to 5.5% in May on the biggest increase in seasonally adjusted unemployment in 33 years, the Labor Department reported Friday.
well, so much for the gap up. looking like a gap down:
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The U.S. unemployment rate jumped by a half percentage point to 5.5% in May on the biggest increase in seasonally adjusted unemployment in 33 years, the Labor Department reported Friday.
A lot of me hopes I'm wrong, and that oil sells off. I just don't see it today.
This is as ugly a start to a day as you can get.....and what's horrible is that today is Friday, which means the selling and panic will be exacerbated.
UGLY, UGLY, UGLY, UGLY...............
Got short SPY at 139.40 for 1000 shares.
A lot of me hopes I'm wrong, and that oil sells off. I just don't see it today.
This is as ugly a start to a day as you can get.....and what's horrible is that today is Friday, which means the selling and panic will be exacerbated.
Well, oil is selling off a little (for now), but I damn sure don't see the spot price for crude returning to where it was 3 days ago (120ish).
Morgan Stanley is to blame for this horror today, calling for 150 rock spot price by July 4................
If those iceholes are wrong, and oil sells off and never reaches 150 by July 4, then woe be unto them. They will get crucified in the media for this one, and deservedly so.
A call like that is one big, big, big gamble. Some shyster there must know something to make that type of a statement. And by July 4th, this icehole will either be worshipped, or fired. Nothing in between.
Well, oil is selling off a little (for now), but I damn sure don't see the spot price for crude returning to where it was 3 days ago (120ish).
Morgan Stanley is to blame for this horror today, calling for 150 rock spot price by July 4................
If those iceholes are wrong, and oil sells off and never reaches 150 by July 4, then woe be unto them. They will get crucified in the media for this one, and deservedly so.
A call like that is one big, big, big gamble. Some shyster there must know something to make that type of a statement. And by July 4th, this icehole will either be worshipped, or fired. Nothing in between.
I hope he gets fired, but am not bettting on it. He (the analyst, that is) has been right more often than not.But my wallet would certainly appreciate an error in our favor.I am sure he could find another job faster than we can find cheap oil, or a refinery built in the US within the past 30 freaking years.
I hope he gets fired, but am not bettting on it. He (the analyst, that is) has been right more often than not.But my wallet would certainly appreciate an error in our favor.I am sure he could find another job faster than we can find cheap oil, or a refinery built in the US within the past 30 freaking years.
The balls to the wall nature of that type of call makes me think it's a slam dunk.
This analyst jerk-off wasn't mandated to call this "by July 4th." That is what, 4 weeks away to this day?
He better be right (only for his sake), or his ass gets shown the door on July 4.
And yeah, Vermeer, I finally find something we agree on........the fact that both of us hope he's wrong and gets fired------but I think he's going to be right, or he wouldn't call something like that. Basically, dude's got a royal flush in his hand and is going "all in."
The balls to the wall nature of that type of call makes me think it's a slam dunk.
This analyst jerk-off wasn't mandated to call this "by July 4th." That is what, 4 weeks away to this day?
He better be right (only for his sake), or his ass gets shown the door on July 4.
And yeah, Vermeer, I finally find something we agree on........the fact that both of us hope he's wrong and gets fired------but I think he's going to be right, or he wouldn't call something like that. Basically, dude's got a royal flush in his hand and is going "all in."
We got a little tast of this back in the mid 70s----as some of you, I am sure, can recall.
What we're getting now is what I thought was coming last year. It just took another year to mature.
We are fckued. We all know that. There is no infrastructure in this country that supports public transportation.....and I'm not talking the metro in the city......but buses and trains in the rural areas (where I live). It's either walk, don't drive, or pull your pants down at the pump (and any other time you buy anything) and spread 'em.
We knew this crap was coming......we've had 30 gdmf years to prepare, and we didn't do a gd thing.
We got a little tast of this back in the mid 70s----as some of you, I am sure, can recall.
What we're getting now is what I thought was coming last year. It just took another year to mature.
We are fckued. We all know that. There is no infrastructure in this country that supports public transportation.....and I'm not talking the metro in the city......but buses and trains in the rural areas (where I live). It's either walk, don't drive, or pull your pants down at the pump (and any other time you buy anything) and spread 'em.
We knew this crap was coming......we've had 30 gdmf years to prepare, and we didn't do a gd thing.
We all saw it coming and congress has sat on their hands, of course Bush has no reason to push a policy. Instead we threaten to sue OPEC and worry about an election.
We wont get around to anything for probably another year..how shocking.
This is a fight and until we treat it as such, prices are going up up up.
Yep..
We all saw it coming and congress has sat on their hands, of course Bush has no reason to push a policy. Instead we threaten to sue OPEC and worry about an election.
We wont get around to anything for probably another year..how shocking.
This is a fight and until we treat it as such, prices are going up up up.
Looks like a good day to cover the short SP trade today, put aside the 28% for W and dickie boy, and then head to Costco and fill the entire back of the truck up with rice, dried beans, tuna fish, and oat meal.
Then head to the liquor store and fill the passenger seat up with vodka.
Then hole up with the guns for the next few years and be all pissed off and s..t.
Looks like a good day to cover the short SP trade today, put aside the 28% for W and dickie boy, and then head to Costco and fill the entire back of the truck up with rice, dried beans, tuna fish, and oat meal.
Then head to the liquor store and fill the passenger seat up with vodka.
Then hole up with the guns for the next few years and be all pissed off and s..t.
I will hold off raiding Walmart for rice. If it came to that I would probably buy a tent and go to the mountains. Living off rice and vodka doesnt sound like living to me..
Europe has dealt with high gas for a decade, we can too. Maybe this slap in the face will bring about some change, doubtful but I have to hope we arent going to keep being stupid.
What is the worst is how Bush really has done nothing in his term(s) to even try and stop the problem.
A recession and inflation at the same time..thanks to the FED and this is what happens when you try to prolong an economic cycle for 4 yrs. I think the FED and the treasury wanted to get Bush back in office and put off this eventuality by a few years, now we are paying for it.
I will hold off raiding Walmart for rice. If it came to that I would probably buy a tent and go to the mountains. Living off rice and vodka doesnt sound like living to me..
Europe has dealt with high gas for a decade, we can too. Maybe this slap in the face will bring about some change, doubtful but I have to hope we arent going to keep being stupid.
What is the worst is how Bush really has done nothing in his term(s) to even try and stop the problem.
A recession and inflation at the same time..thanks to the FED and this is what happens when you try to prolong an economic cycle for 4 yrs. I think the FED and the treasury wanted to get Bush back in office and put off this eventuality by a few years, now we are paying for it.
Another one that is "en fuega" today is Chart Industries (GTLS). Soaring today, and of course, I quit following it about 5 months ago. Since then, up about 100% from low 20s. And it "used to be" one of my long term core holdings. Bailed out of it, along with everything else, back in early January. Did the right thing......just didn't expect the motherfckuer to go up like it has.
Another one that is "en fuega" today is Chart Industries (GTLS). Soaring today, and of course, I quit following it about 5 months ago. Since then, up about 100% from low 20s. And it "used to be" one of my long term core holdings. Bailed out of it, along with everything else, back in early January. Did the right thing......just didn't expect the motherfckuer to go up like it has.
Yep, WSC, all----everything------liquid. IRAs, 401s, real estate, personal holdings----------closed out.
Oh yeah, penalties and taxes on the gains, but one of smarter things I've ever done. The future in this country is zero point zero. I don't believe in it (the future of this country) any more than I believe in the Easter Bunny. So why in the hell should I be "invested" in it?
Nope.....all cash. Anything I do with the markets (stocks, commodities) is nothing but a short term trade.......get in, make money, get out, pay the tax, sleep at night, do it again.
Works for me, man.
But good luck to all those counting on social security and all the other "retirment benefits." You all are gonna' need as much luck as you can get.
Yep, WSC, all----everything------liquid. IRAs, 401s, real estate, personal holdings----------closed out.
Oh yeah, penalties and taxes on the gains, but one of smarter things I've ever done. The future in this country is zero point zero. I don't believe in it (the future of this country) any more than I believe in the Easter Bunny. So why in the hell should I be "invested" in it?
Nope.....all cash. Anything I do with the markets (stocks, commodities) is nothing but a short term trade.......get in, make money, get out, pay the tax, sleep at night, do it again.
Works for me, man.
But good luck to all those counting on social security and all the other "retirment benefits." You all are gonna' need as much luck as you can get.
Don't you guys understand that the energy policy of the country was a bipartisan approach, of buying Iowa voters with ethanol and standing firm against oil exploration off the coasts and interior for the environmental vote???
Blaming the price of oil on Bush is as hilarious to me as demonizing the same people who find and refine the stuff. I am surprised XOM did not split from these shores long ago, ala HAL.
Americans are kind of like Ted Kennedy: they want "alternative energy", but when it comes to establishing a wind farm in his sailing venue, uh, no thanks...not in his back yard...
The profound, decades old stupidity of this country towards energy is the one bipartisan thing you can count on
.Not to worry, McCain and Obama both bent over and kissed ethanol producers' asses this past year, and will continue to do so...
Don't you guys understand that the energy policy of the country was a bipartisan approach, of buying Iowa voters with ethanol and standing firm against oil exploration off the coasts and interior for the environmental vote???
Blaming the price of oil on Bush is as hilarious to me as demonizing the same people who find and refine the stuff. I am surprised XOM did not split from these shores long ago, ala HAL.
Americans are kind of like Ted Kennedy: they want "alternative energy", but when it comes to establishing a wind farm in his sailing venue, uh, no thanks...not in his back yard...
The profound, decades old stupidity of this country towards energy is the one bipartisan thing you can count on
.Not to worry, McCain and Obama both bent over and kissed ethanol producers' asses this past year, and will continue to do so...