• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    JULY STOCK TALK V

    12345 Next Last»
    Vermeer
    Gunners
    claycourtlesson
    wallstreetcappers
    depeche2
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2262
    Posts: 114
    12345 Next Last»
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 11:28 AM ET #1

    Starting new thread expecting it to last the rest of the month (??) Not sure.

      Hang in there fellas...



    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Starting new thread expecting it to last the rest of the month (??) Not sure.

      Hang in there fellas...



     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 11:40 AM ET #2

    with this turnaround in WB, it might be GET DRUNK AND BUY STOCKS TIME!  haha... if losing $9 billion is good news again, it might be time to go long something
    Reply
    with this turnaround in WB, it might be GET DRUNK AND BUY STOCKS TIME!  haha... if losing $9 billion is good news again, it might be time to go long something
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 11:43 AM ET #3

    MASSIVE short positions are on these financials, which is explaining why they're moving up on terrible present news.
     
    This WILL NOT last, though.  Weak shorts or shorts that want to raise cash will cover, but strong, smart money shorts in strong cash positions aren't covering.
     
    C to 10-12 eventually.
    Reply
    MASSIVE short positions are on these financials, which is explaining why they're moving up on terrible present news.
     
    This WILL NOT last, though.  Weak shorts or shorts that want to raise cash will cover, but strong, smart money shorts in strong cash positions aren't covering.
     
    C to 10-12 eventually.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 11:46 AM ET #4

    Come late August and all through September, it'll be apparent that the current recession is alive and kicking.
     
    I hope to God I'm wrong, but I don't see how we are going to turn a corner in 6-9 months, which is about how far "the market" discounts the future.
    Reply
    Come late August and all through September, it'll be apparent that the current recession is alive and kicking.
     
    I hope to God I'm wrong, but I don't see how we are going to turn a corner in 6-9 months, which is about how far "the market" discounts the future.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 12:08 PM ET #5

    Wachovia with the VERY big turn..amazing.

    CC, keep in mind that if you think there are large shorts on the financials, they will be kindling for when the big boys come back around labor day. It is risky getting short before Labor Day knowing what the market has done while they are out at the beach.

    If the market rallies INTO LD, then I would go against it, if it dumps into LD I would go counter as in the past the trend goes that way.

    If they rally the financials into LD, it will be time to load up the shorts for sure.

    Unreal, ZION dipped down 23.50 and up to 27 plus, what a move some of these financials are having today.



    Reply
    Wachovia with the VERY big turn..amazing.

    CC, keep in mind that if you think there are large shorts on the financials, they will be kindling for when the big boys come back around labor day. It is risky getting short before Labor Day knowing what the market has done while they are out at the beach.

    If the market rallies INTO LD, then I would go against it, if it dumps into LD I would go counter as in the past the trend goes that way.

    If they rally the financials into LD, it will be time to load up the shorts for sure.

    Unreal, ZION dipped down 23.50 and up to 27 plus, what a move some of these financials are having today.



     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 12:21 PM ET #6

    Side note. I still have a million in Iraqi Dinar bought through those exchange places.

    I fully expect if Obama gets elected, the USD to Dinar will drop like a rock. It is currently at 1165 or so to the USD, I bought when it was like 1300 I think.

    Given our troop removal and some stability in the country, the currency SHOULD come down to 200-300 to the USD, maybe lower. In the past I think it was near PAR?
    Reply
    Side note. I still have a million in Iraqi Dinar bought through those exchange places.

    I fully expect if Obama gets elected, the USD to Dinar will drop like a rock. It is currently at 1165 or so to the USD, I bought when it was like 1300 I think.

    Given our troop removal and some stability in the country, the currency SHOULD come down to 200-300 to the USD, maybe lower. In the past I think it was near PAR?
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 12:59 PM ET #7

    WSC-
     
    Citibank (C) is trash.  What concerns me the most from a short position is the takeover threat.  The lower the dollar, the easier it is to take it over.
     
    Big money players can sit at the beach with their money and high maintenance females all they want between now and LD, and then they can all come back to their NYC ivory towers------- Still doesn't change the fundamental concept that financials are garbage and can't make any money until the economy turns-------and as you know as well as I, that is eons in the future.
     
    I'll remain short C until I change my opinion on the strength, or lack of strength, on the US economy.
     
    WSC, you are older than I and have seen more than I, but this is the worst economy that I have ever seen.  I wasn't around in the 1930s to see the Great Depression, but I saw plenty of hideous economic times in the 70s, and today is worse than it was then.
    Reply
    WSC-
     
    Citibank (C) is trash.  What concerns me the most from a short position is the takeover threat.  The lower the dollar, the easier it is to take it over.
     
    Big money players can sit at the beach with their money and high maintenance females all they want between now and LD, and then they can all come back to their NYC ivory towers------- Still doesn't change the fundamental concept that financials are garbage and can't make any money until the economy turns-------and as you know as well as I, that is eons in the future.
     
    I'll remain short C until I change my opinion on the strength, or lack of strength, on the US economy.
     
    WSC, you are older than I and have seen more than I, but this is the worst economy that I have ever seen.  I wasn't around in the 1930s to see the Great Depression, but I saw plenty of hideous economic times in the 70s, and today is worse than it was then.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 1:36 PM ET #8

    Winter is coming..............no building.  Housing horror has much more to go, I'm afraid.
     
    Weak economy, lay-offs, inflation, mid-east tensions leading to soaring oil, 2 total clowns running for prez.
     
    From where is the good news going to come?
     
    We're too fat, lazy, soft, and stupid to create new industry (light rails, no combustion engine) in reaction to the transportation mess in this country.
     
    USA is the dummy country blissfully skipping down the road to third world status.
    Reply
    Winter is coming..............no building.  Housing horror has much more to go, I'm afraid.
     
    Weak economy, lay-offs, inflation, mid-east tensions leading to soaring oil, 2 total clowns running for prez.
     
    From where is the good news going to come?
     
    We're too fat, lazy, soft, and stupid to create new industry (light rails, no combustion engine) in reaction to the transportation mess in this country.
     
    USA is the dummy country blissfully skipping down the road to third world status.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 2:10 PM ET #9


     I seriously recommend, not  stock, but a mystery novelist whose pseudonym is K C Constantine...especially to you CC.

    He has an attitude that is suitably bad...He also has an excellent ear for the American language and speech patterns.His novels are feature Mario Balzic, police chief of a small town in the rust belt. Sorry for off topic, but...

    From a self interview (he does not allow interviews nor pictures of himself)

    K.C., everything you do is designed to keep you poor and anonymous. You un-American or something?

        If I ever went into a bar where everybody knew my name I’d know it was time to quit drinking. However, I would like to be rich, just to find out whether the rich really have the same problems as the rest of us. I suspect that’s plutocratic propaganda to keep us lowlifes just anxious enough to look for jobs but not ambitious enough to start a real revolution. Where the corporate welfare bums are not executed exactly; just deported to Paraguay.

    Reply

     I seriously recommend, not  stock, but a mystery novelist whose pseudonym is K C Constantine...especially to you CC.

    He has an attitude that is suitably bad...He also has an excellent ear for the American language and speech patterns.His novels are feature Mario Balzic, police chief of a small town in the rust belt. Sorry for off topic, but...

    From a self interview (he does not allow interviews nor pictures of himself)

    K.C., everything you do is designed to keep you poor and anonymous. You un-American or something?

        If I ever went into a bar where everybody knew my name I’d know it was time to quit drinking. However, I would like to be rich, just to find out whether the rich really have the same problems as the rest of us. I suspect that’s plutocratic propaganda to keep us lowlifes just anxious enough to look for jobs but not ambitious enough to start a real revolution. Where the corporate welfare bums are not executed exactly; just deported to Paraguay.

     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 2:14 PM ET #10

    Hahahahahahahaha.
     
    Not a pessimist, Vermeer, just telling it like it is.
     
    Orwell's 1984 is the best book I ever read.
    Reply
    Hahahahahahahaha.
     
    Not a pessimist, Vermeer, just telling it like it is.
     
    Orwell's 1984 is the best book I ever read.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 2:21 PM ET #11

    And yeah, we've all read/experienced/heard/whatever all the words of wisdom regarding money.
     
    For sure, money can't buy health or friends, but it damn sure makes having neither a hell of a lot more tolerable.
     
    And also for sure, if you have a lot of money, then you'll find other problems to consume your time and cause you plenty of angst.
     
    Hate to say it, but in this world, nothing is more important than money for getting by day to day (unless you are self-suficient living off the land with no contact with anything).
    Reply
    And yeah, we've all read/experienced/heard/whatever all the words of wisdom regarding money.
     
    For sure, money can't buy health or friends, but it damn sure makes having neither a hell of a lot more tolerable.
     
    And also for sure, if you have a lot of money, then you'll find other problems to consume your time and cause you plenty of angst.
     
    Hate to say it, but in this world, nothing is more important than money for getting by day to day (unless you are self-suficient living off the land with no contact with anything).
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 2:30 PM ET #12


      True enough in most respects CC>
     
     I do think we need to realize that just because the 20th century was the American century, like the 19th was Britain's, the fact that the 21st century will belong to China/India does not mean we are doomed to 3rd world status.We will be around, just as Great Britain is around and still a force to be reckoned with, just not the dominant world power it once was.

      Anyway, I am pretty sure you would like Constantine's stuff even if you do not like crime novels (or any novels for that matter). They are both true to life and funny as well, with sharp insight.

      By the way WSC, what do you think DRYS will do until the end of the year? Have a number in mind?

      Take it easy out there.

     

    Reply

      True enough in most respects CC>
     
     I do think we need to realize that just because the 20th century was the American century, like the 19th was Britain's, the fact that the 21st century will belong to China/India does not mean we are doomed to 3rd world status.We will be around, just as Great Britain is around and still a force to be reckoned with, just not the dominant world power it once was.

      Anyway, I am pretty sure you would like Constantine's stuff even if you do not like crime novels (or any novels for that matter). They are both true to life and funny as well, with sharp insight.

      By the way WSC, what do you think DRYS will do until the end of the year? Have a number in mind?

      Take it easy out there.

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 3:30 PM ET #13

    Vermeer,

    I see the value in DRYS, the market sees an easy short/long target. Its getting wacked today on zero news and zero volume.

    I think the stock is worth 200 bucks including the OR assets, but what do I know?
    Reply
    Vermeer,

    I see the value in DRYS, the market sees an easy short/long target. Its getting wacked today on zero news and zero volume.

    I think the stock is worth 200 bucks including the OR assets, but what do I know?
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 3:44 PM ET #14


     No sweat, and what you know is considerable hence the question.

     I have been away from the market and am catching up. I have 17 days worth of material I have not read, but which will be read in the coming few days (no later than Saturday night 8 pm)

     Naturally I feel as if I am way behind news (and I am).

      Thanks.

    Reply

     No sweat, and what you know is considerable hence the question.

     I have been away from the market and am catching up. I have 17 days worth of material I have not read, but which will be read in the coming few days (no later than Saturday night 8 pm)

     Naturally I feel as if I am way behind news (and I am).

      Thanks.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 3:48 PM ET #15

    Vermeer,

    I hope that didnt come off the wrong way.

    It seems that I can be wrong for 6 months before I am right. I dont see how they are selling DRYS at these levels. It seems that the market groups them in with commodities which I dont understand. Valuing the stock at 3.5 times 08 earnings, NOT including the OR assets is a total joke.

    This market is crazy..I wouldnt go near pharma right now. Check out WYE and MRK, getting killed.
    Reply
    Vermeer,

    I hope that didnt come off the wrong way.

    It seems that I can be wrong for 6 months before I am right. I dont see how they are selling DRYS at these levels. It seems that the market groups them in with commodities which I dont understand. Valuing the stock at 3.5 times 08 earnings, NOT including the OR assets is a total joke.

    This market is crazy..I wouldnt go near pharma right now. Check out WYE and MRK, getting killed.
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 4:21 PM ET #16

    I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT WACHOVIA WENT FROM DOWN 10% TO UP 30% IN ONE DAY!!!!!!
    Reply
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT WACHOVIA WENT FROM DOWN 10% TO UP 30% IN ONE DAY!!!!!!
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 4:28 PM ET #17

    ISRG up 30 in AH


    Reply
    ISRG up 30 in AH


     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 4:54 PM ET #18

    Vermeer-
     
    US is too fragmented and dumb.  Yeah, GB didn't own the 20th C like they did the 19th, but they are/were far more intelligent than we.
    Reply
    Vermeer-
     
    US is too fragmented and dumb.  Yeah, GB didn't own the 20th C like they did the 19th, but they are/were far more intelligent than we.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 6:13 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Vermeer,

    I hope that didnt come off the wrong way.

    It seems that I can be wrong for 6 months before I am right. I dont see how they are selling DRYS at these levels. It seems that the market groups them in with commodities which I dont understand. Valuing the stock at 3.5 times 08 earnings, NOT including the OR assets is a total joke.

    This market is crazy..I wouldnt go near pharma right now. Check out WYE and MRK, getting killed.


      Not at all WSC, it came off as intended.I agree with ya.

     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Vermeer,

    I hope that didnt come off the wrong way.

    It seems that I can be wrong for 6 months before I am right. I dont see how they are selling DRYS at these levels. It seems that the market groups them in with commodities which I dont understand. Valuing the stock at 3.5 times 08 earnings, NOT including the OR assets is a total joke.

    This market is crazy..I wouldnt go near pharma right now. Check out WYE and MRK, getting killed.


      Not at all WSC, it came off as intended.I agree with ya.

     
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 8:33 PM ET #20


     Can someone re-title this to read V as it should...


      May oil and gas decline for all of us, even those of us holding on (at least to common shares) to energy companies!!! Tired of the $4 /gallon deal....but not selling any of the energy and oil services companies I have long held.

    Reply

     Can someone re-title this to read V as it should...


      May oil and gas decline for all of us, even those of us holding on (at least to common shares) to energy companies!!! Tired of the $4 /gallon deal....but not selling any of the energy and oil services companies I have long held.

     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 11:29 PM ET #21


     Wonder who wins this fight over the laughable boondoggle that is ethanol??

    Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is asking the Environmental Protection Agency to temporarily waive regulations requiring the oil industry to blend ever-increasing amounts of ethanol into gasoline. A decision is expected in the next few weeks.

    Mr. Perry says the billions of bushels of corn being used to produce all that mandated ethanol would be better suited as livestock feed than as fuel.

    Feed prices have soared in the last two years as fuel has begun competing with food for cropland.

    “When you find yourself in a hole, you have to quit digging,” Mr. Perry said in an interview. “And we are in a hole.”

    His request for an emergency waiver cutting the ethanol mandate to 4.5 billion gallons, from the 9 billion gallons required this year and the 10.5 billion required in 2009, is backed by a coalition of food, livestock and environmental groups.

    Farmers and ethanol and other biofuel producers are lobbying to keep the existing mandates.



    Reply

     Wonder who wins this fight over the laughable boondoggle that is ethanol??

    Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is asking the Environmental Protection Agency to temporarily waive regulations requiring the oil industry to blend ever-increasing amounts of ethanol into gasoline. A decision is expected in the next few weeks.

    Mr. Perry says the billions of bushels of corn being used to produce all that mandated ethanol would be better suited as livestock feed than as fuel.

    Feed prices have soared in the last two years as fuel has begun competing with food for cropland.

    “When you find yourself in a hole, you have to quit digging,” Mr. Perry said in an interview. “And we are in a hole.”

    His request for an emergency waiver cutting the ethanol mandate to 4.5 billion gallons, from the 9 billion gallons required this year and the 10.5 billion required in 2009, is backed by a coalition of food, livestock and environmental groups.

    Farmers and ethanol and other biofuel producers are lobbying to keep the existing mandates.



     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2008 - 11:36 PM ET #22

    Stupid economics, overpaying for ethanol, forcing refiners to use it and also subsidizing farmers to make it.

    We are a bunch of fools.
    Reply
    Stupid economics, overpaying for ethanol, forcing refiners to use it and also subsidizing farmers to make it.

    We are a bunch of fools.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2008 - 6:08 AM ET #23

    Today, Wednesday, Jul 23............am looking for SP 500 to take a dump.
     
    Will get short SPY at open (as long as it is up and people are giddy) and cover before end of day.
     
    Cheers
    Reply
    Today, Wednesday, Jul 23............am looking for SP 500 to take a dump.
     
    Will get short SPY at open (as long as it is up and people are giddy) and cover before end of day.
     
    Cheers
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2008 - 9:54 AM ET #24

    Wall,
     
    Just bought 500 shares of CRDC at $9.19.  looks like a breakout on the 30 min time frame.  I might only hold the shares for this little ride up.  i still have my 1300 other shares that i've been holding long term. 
    Reply
    Wall,
     
    Just bought 500 shares of CRDC at $9.19.  looks like a breakout on the 30 min time frame.  I might only hold the shares for this little ride up.  i still have my 1300 other shares that i've been holding long term. 
     
     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2008 - 10:46 AM ET #25

    Wall,

    What do you think about QLGC lately?  Nice little run here.  They seem to be performing well in a tough environment.  Are they a takeover target?
    Reply
    Wall,

    What do you think about QLGC lately?  Nice little run here.  They seem to be performing well in a tough environment.  Are they a takeover target?
    All Forums | Investments
    12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,683
    • Monday 09/28/2026 811
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,822
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,276
    • PART DEUX 261
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,003
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,433
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,668
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,574
    • **$$$ MD Monday 9/28 $$$** 5,662

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.