Yeah, man, we got a taste of this oil fcku back in the 70s. I remember it well.
What's sad is that it was a wake up call, and we hit the snooze button. Well, this time it ain't going away. We are so late for work that there ain't no way we can talk our way out of it. We are walking to the gallows cause of our gd "laissez-faire malaise."
Yeah, man, we got a taste of this oil fcku back in the 70s. I remember it well.
What's sad is that it was a wake up call, and we hit the snooze button. Well, this time it ain't going away. We are so late for work that there ain't no way we can talk our way out of it. We are walking to the gallows cause of our gd "laissez-faire malaise."
What in Sam Houston happened to coal/agricultures/steels/solars/rails yesterday?
Just looked at Arch Coal and figured it was a mis-print.
This was on HUGE volume. Anyone know wtf happened? I know this crap was technically overbought, but it all just got shellacked. Must've been some serious redemptions?
Geez Louiiize.
What in Sam Houston happened to coal/agricultures/steels/solars/rails yesterday?
Just looked at Arch Coal and figured it was a mis-print.
This was on HUGE volume. Anyone know wtf happened? I know this crap was technically overbought, but it all just got shellacked. Must've been some serious redemptions?
After seeing this, I am not so enthusiastic about the "buy the rumor, sell the fact" trade today.
Looks like mutual funds are bunkering down and are going to sell anything with a gain to raise cash. That's got to be the reason, given that it happened as soon as the 2Q ended.
This is VERY BEARISH for SP 500.
After seeing this, I am not so enthusiastic about the "buy the rumor, sell the fact" trade today.
Looks like mutual funds are bunkering down and are going to sell anything with a gain to raise cash. That's got to be the reason, given that it happened as soon as the 2Q ended.
Supposedly someone in China simply refused to pay the increased price for coal..Not sure whether that is true or not
.I think the entire coal index was off 14%...basically...the idea is this is the recognition that the entire world is gonna hit the skids deeper than previously thought ...
The entire materials sector was walloped...down 5% or so
Supposedly someone in China simply refused to pay the increased price for coal..Not sure whether that is true or not
.I think the entire coal index was off 14%...basically...the idea is this is the recognition that the entire world is gonna hit the skids deeper than previously thought ...
The entire materials sector was walloped...down 5% or so
A friend (banker) called me last Monday and said he had lost $100 K on that day alone. Not a happy camper.(My condolence and "well at least you are lucky enough t have 100K to lose did not assuage him) Not sure what he was in, but he has just about had it...I think there are more out there exactly like him.You might be right, although if I see jumpers I will run in and start buying....
A friend (banker) called me last Monday and said he had lost $100 K on that day alone. Not a happy camper.(My condolence and "well at least you are lucky enough t have 100K to lose did not assuage him) Not sure what he was in, but he has just about had it...I think there are more out there exactly like him.You might be right, although if I see jumpers I will run in and start buying....
The window jumping is coming, but I have no idea when except to say "likely this 3Q."
My plan is just to be ready every day and basically do very little until it happens.
I'll also make it easy on myself by just buying SPY (SP 500) common with every cent I have available. I think if I "try" to pick cetain ticker symbols, I will inevitably screw it up. Broad market...............keeping it simple for my sorry ass.
The window jumping is coming, but I have no idea when except to say "likely this 3Q."
My plan is just to be ready every day and basically do very little until it happens.
I'll also make it easy on myself by just buying SPY (SP 500) common with every cent I have available. I think if I "try" to pick cetain ticker symbols, I will inevitably screw it up. Broad market...............keeping it simple for my sorry ass.
From a technical standpoint, the window jumping day will then get re-tested later on, and that will be the litmus test. If you're still long, you will be holding your breath on that "re-test day."
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It is harrowing and takes time off your life, for sure.
From a technical standpoint, the window jumping day will then get re-tested later on, and that will be the litmus test. If you're still long, you will be holding your breath on that "re-test day."
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It is harrowing and takes time off your life, for sure.
Yeah, whole world knew that was coming. Whole world also knows US NFP will be atrocious.
Dicey day, man.
I'd say the "easier" trade would be for a NFP in line, no real moves right at first, and then piling on the momentum. Momentum could be vicious short covering or vicious selling into the ealy close. Whichever, it probably doesn't get de-railed. Then, close all positions ahead of weekend. Don't need the aggravation of being long/short anything ahead of a 3 day holiday weekend..........just way too much gd stress.
Yeah, whole world knew that was coming. Whole world also knows US NFP will be atrocious.
Dicey day, man.
I'd say the "easier" trade would be for a NFP in line, no real moves right at first, and then piling on the momentum. Momentum could be vicious short covering or vicious selling into the ealy close. Whichever, it probably doesn't get de-railed. Then, close all positions ahead of weekend. Don't need the aggravation of being long/short anything ahead of a 3 day holiday weekend..........just way too much gd stress.
Hanging around for the jobs report then outta here...have a great holiday weekend, stay safe, and enjoy your beverage of choice or whatever you enjoy!! GL...
Hanging around for the jobs report then outta here...have a great holiday weekend, stay safe, and enjoy your beverage of choice or whatever you enjoy!! GL...
Whew back after a meeting...they are trying to gin up a reason for an uptick...I am not impressed, but wish them well. I may tune out and switch to Wimbledon at noon...GL
Whew back after a meeting...they are trying to gin up a reason for an uptick...I am not impressed, but wish them well. I may tune out and switch to Wimbledon at noon...GL
I can't believe PBW is trading at almost $18. If you're looking to invest in alt energy PBW at these levels is a great play IMO. It was over $28 late last year. Think I may free up some cash in my IRA to add.
I can't believe PBW is trading at almost $18. If you're looking to invest in alt energy PBW at these levels is a great play IMO. It was over $28 late last year. Think I may free up some cash in my IRA to add.
Pretty ho-hum day considering ECB, NFP, pre-holiday, pretty much the entire world is 100.00% bearish, sky rocketing oil, hideous economy, worst credit mess in decades, lay-offs, etc.....
More I think about it, it is truly shocking that the SP 500 held up today. Shows how powerful short covering can be, and also shows that massive short interest is more explosive than dynamite.
Just going to drink my sorry ass off this weekend and wait around for peeps to jump out of windows so I can get long SP 500 "for a trade only." Since so many are bearish, I have a feeling I will wait forever on peeps jumping out of windows-----probably won't happen until some media clown starts yappping about "how the worst is over," "maybe time to dip toe in water," or "maybe time to start nibbling."
Cliches.................................
Pretty ho-hum day considering ECB, NFP, pre-holiday, pretty much the entire world is 100.00% bearish, sky rocketing oil, hideous economy, worst credit mess in decades, lay-offs, etc.....
More I think about it, it is truly shocking that the SP 500 held up today. Shows how powerful short covering can be, and also shows that massive short interest is more explosive than dynamite.
Just going to drink my sorry ass off this weekend and wait around for peeps to jump out of windows so I can get long SP 500 "for a trade only." Since so many are bearish, I have a feeling I will wait forever on peeps jumping out of windows-----probably won't happen until some media clown starts yappping about "how the worst is over," "maybe time to dip toe in water," or "maybe time to start nibbling."