• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Ticket Business opinion please

    BigChris51
    NR_78
    searchwarrant
    thorpe
    jamesxnj
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 572
    Posts: 14
     
    BigChris51
    BigChris51
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2011
    Posts: 1096
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 4:40 PM ET #1

    Ok so I've been selling tickets to sporting events, concerts for about 5 years now. 
    I have Brokers that can guarantee me maybe 100 tickets to any event for substantially less. The only catch it I need to purchase the tickets 12-24 hours before the actual event. 
    I guess the brokers get over stocked...whatever.

    My question is... 
    Lets say you're going to  purchase your tickets from a website like Stubhub,com  say the tickets you're looking at are $100 each and you need 4 tickets. with fees and shipping from Stubhub your total would be around $445.
    Now the event was 1 month away but you got your tickets in your hand within 10 mins...emailable.

    Would you go to another site that could guarantee you similar seating tickets to the same show for a substantial savings? Lets say you could buy the 4 tickets for $80 each. no fees. no shipping. your total would be $360. Saving you $85. The only downside is you'll have to log on to that website 24 hours before the show to download your tickets.

    Would you wait till 1 day or even the same morning as the show to save 20%.?

    Again your tickets are 100% guaranteed. Even if I had to take a loss. your tickets will be filled.. 

    Thank you

    Any questions are welcomed.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Ok so I've been selling tickets to sporting events, concerts for about 5 years now. 
    I have Brokers that can guarantee me maybe 100 tickets to any event for substantially less. The only catch it I need to purchase the tickets 12-24 hours before the actual event. 
    I guess the brokers get over stocked...whatever.

    My question is... 
    Lets say you're going to  purchase your tickets from a website like Stubhub,com  say the tickets you're looking at are $100 each and you need 4 tickets. with fees and shipping from Stubhub your total would be around $445.
    Now the event was 1 month away but you got your tickets in your hand within 10 mins...emailable.

    Would you go to another site that could guarantee you similar seating tickets to the same show for a substantial savings? Lets say you could buy the 4 tickets for $80 each. no fees. no shipping. your total would be $360. Saving you $85. The only downside is you'll have to log on to that website 24 hours before the show to download your tickets.

    Would you wait till 1 day or even the same morning as the show to save 20%.?

    Again your tickets are 100% guaranteed. Even if I had to take a loss. your tickets will be filled.. 

    Thank you

    Any questions are welcomed.
     
    NR_78
    NR_78
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 194
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 5:43 PM ET #2

    Chris -  I used to work in Finance,  I used to need tickets to all sorts of events throughout the country.  Baseball, basketball, football, golf, opera,  theatre....etc.

    My answer is Yes I would buy from you as long as I could get them on PDFS to email to my clients.

    In the financial world,  we had strict dollar amounts we could spend per ticket so any savings were good and that meant we could probally get better seats for our clients....which made us look good and lead to more business.
    Reply
    Chris -  I used to work in Finance,  I used to need tickets to all sorts of events throughout the country.  Baseball, basketball, football, golf, opera,  theatre....etc.

    My answer is Yes I would buy from you as long as I could get them on PDFS to email to my clients.

    In the financial world,  we had strict dollar amounts we could spend per ticket so any savings were good and that meant we could probally get better seats for our clients....which made us look good and lead to more business.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 5:45 PM ET #3

    I would but I can see how most wouldn't. People will pay the extra 20% for tickets that are in hand well before the event.

     

    Reply

    I would but I can see how most wouldn't. People will pay the extra 20% for tickets that are in hand well before the event.

     

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 6:31 PM ET #4

    What happens if the event sells out?  The brokers still give you the tickets?  If they do, then why don't they give you the tickets sooner?


    Reply
    What happens if the event sells out?  The brokers still give you the tickets?  If they do, then why don't they give you the tickets sooner?


     
    BigChris51
    BigChris51
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2011
    Posts: 1096
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 6:51 PM ET #5

    @ NR-78 Thank you. Yes if you applied the extra $25 per ticket eo the order that could mean perhaps a lower level seat rather than an upper level seat.


    @SearchWarrant. I do agree with you. Some people would rather pay the extra $$$$ to have the tickets in hand. For that I would say on my website I also will offer current market value seating comparable to Stubhub. 


    @Thorpe  There are always tickets available to 99.9% of shows the day of. Now Broadway shows can get a little tight but I wouldn't be doing that. I would be focusing on mainly concerts and sports.
    If for some reason I couldn't fill an order, I would have to purchase them myself and perhaps take a loss on the difference of cost. I assure you even if this day happen every 1 out of 10 times I'd still be way ahead of the game. 


    Also would like to add.. I wouldn't over commit myself on events. I can also be sold out. If its 50 tickets I have then 50 it is.


    Thank you.Keep em coming   
    Reply
    @ NR-78 Thank you. Yes if you applied the extra $25 per ticket eo the order that could mean perhaps a lower level seat rather than an upper level seat.


    @SearchWarrant. I do agree with you. Some people would rather pay the extra $$$$ to have the tickets in hand. For that I would say on my website I also will offer current market value seating comparable to Stubhub. 


    @Thorpe  There are always tickets available to 99.9% of shows the day of. Now Broadway shows can get a little tight but I wouldn't be doing that. I would be focusing on mainly concerts and sports.
    If for some reason I couldn't fill an order, I would have to purchase them myself and perhaps take a loss on the difference of cost. I assure you even if this day happen every 1 out of 10 times I'd still be way ahead of the game. 


    Also would like to add.. I wouldn't over commit myself on events. I can also be sold out. If its 50 tickets I have then 50 it is.


    Thank you.Keep em coming   
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 10:10 PM ET #6

    Have to say no BigChris..People want the hard tix in hand and exact seats..I have a bit of experience in Spring Training MLB past ten years or so.(Buying as many as possible first sale in winter)and resale on Ebay years ago and now Stubhub once I had the hard tix in hand to ship a few weeks before the event..Always sold good..(Yanks games and St Patty's Day,Twins/Yanks also)

    But that said-last year Stubhub would not let you list RedSox tix until around 14? days before the event and it was not hard tix Fed-Ex delivery it was electronic download only and though I sold all my tix I'm pretty sure I could have done better with a longer listing time and hard tix.Also tough to advertise Aisle/behind x dugout,etc that would stand out..Could be the new Fenway South in FL or a new trend..The Twins tix were business as usual..

    Or may be the way Stubhub is leaning in electronic delivery and no need for Fed-Ex anymore as the clientle gets younger and once they have used an electronic tix it's no big deal.That could help you possibly..

    It's that locked in certain seats you can't guarantee is the problem here I think? .But some events people pay whatever the F you ask..

    Good Luck and don't steal all my Spring training grapefruit action

    Reply

    Have to say no BigChris..People want the hard tix in hand and exact seats..I have a bit of experience in Spring Training MLB past ten years or so.(Buying as many as possible first sale in winter)and resale on Ebay years ago and now Stubhub once I had the hard tix in hand to ship a few weeks before the event..Always sold good..(Yanks games and St Patty's Day,Twins/Yanks also)

    But that said-last year Stubhub would not let you list RedSox tix until around 14? days before the event and it was not hard tix Fed-Ex delivery it was electronic download only and though I sold all my tix I'm pretty sure I could have done better with a longer listing time and hard tix.Also tough to advertise Aisle/behind x dugout,etc that would stand out..Could be the new Fenway South in FL or a new trend..The Twins tix were business as usual..

    Or may be the way Stubhub is leaning in electronic delivery and no need for Fed-Ex anymore as the clientle gets younger and once they have used an electronic tix it's no big deal.That could help you possibly..

    It's that locked in certain seats you can't guarantee is the problem here I think? .But some events people pay whatever the F you ask..

    Good Luck and don't steal all my Spring training grapefruit action

     
    nick69
    nick69
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 394
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 10:11 PM ET #7

    Ticket brokers are on the same level as pimps and payday loan centers and that's probably an insult to pimps and payday loan centers everywhere. I have no idea why anyone would pay the prices they do for tickets to events that you can watch at home on a big screen, hi def television.

    Even though I think ticket brokers are lower than earth worms, the public lets them get away with the larceny by paying the criminal prices for tickets so dirtbag ticket brokers will never go away.

     

    Reply

    Ticket brokers are on the same level as pimps and payday loan centers and that's probably an insult to pimps and payday loan centers everywhere. I have no idea why anyone would pay the prices they do for tickets to events that you can watch at home on a big screen, hi def television.

    Even though I think ticket brokers are lower than earth worms, the public lets them get away with the larceny by paying the criminal prices for tickets so dirtbag ticket brokers will never go away.

     

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 10:23 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by nick69:

    Ticket brokers are on the same level as pimps and payday loan centers and that's probably an insult to pimps and payday loan centers everywhere. I have no idea why anyone would pay the prices they do for tickets to events that you can watch at home on a big screen, hi def television.

    Even though I think ticket brokers are lower than earth worms, the public lets them get away with the larceny by paying the criminal prices for tickets so dirtbag ticket brokers will never go away.

     




    Why you holding back?  Tell us how you really feel.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nick69:

    Ticket brokers are on the same level as pimps and payday loan centers and that's probably an insult to pimps and payday loan centers everywhere. I have no idea why anyone would pay the prices they do for tickets to events that you can watch at home on a big screen, hi def television.

    Even though I think ticket brokers are lower than earth worms, the public lets them get away with the larceny by paying the criminal prices for tickets so dirtbag ticket brokers will never go away.

     




    Why you holding back?  Tell us how you really feel.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 10:39 PM ET #9


    Chris:  I like to have my tickets in hand early, but I'm an old fart who only goes to a few shows a year.  I think once people do business with you, you'll get repeat customers who know they can count on you and that confidence will erase the uncertainty of getting their tickets just before the event.

    GL
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Chris:  I like to have my tickets in hand early, but I'm an old fart who only goes to a few shows a year.  I think once people do business with you, you'll get repeat customers who know they can count on you and that confidence will erase the uncertainty of getting their tickets just before the event.

    GL
     
    BigChris51
    BigChris51
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2011
    Posts: 1096
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 10:55 PM ET #10

    @jamesxnj You can look on any stubhub listing and there are tons on E tickets. It's easier, faster and cheaper for the customer. Although I do agree some people want hard tickets, perhaps they feel more secure. however within the past few years e tickets success has helped cool the stigmata of previous e tickets. An exact seat I couldn't promise but lets say section 114,115 and 116 are in zone A, I can guarantee you those. Hey you are saving maybe 20% which could easily be a C note on 4 tickets...Sounds like free dinner to me. 


    @nick69  I feel exactly the way you do about Stubhub. They are making 10% from the buyer and 15% from the seller. 
    Do the math...That's 25% on every transaction 
    I however do not take offense to your comment because I feel your frustration. Lets face it. If I can save you 20% on your order I'd say that should put me higher on your scale than earth worms. At least gimme "car salesman" status. 


    @TheGoldenGoose. Again I do agree about the hard tickets and I've been told by someone that it may be a slow starting business but I do believe if you treat people right, they will tell others and come back themselves.  Thank you  


    Keep em coming. Thank you......


      
    Reply
    @jamesxnj You can look on any stubhub listing and there are tons on E tickets. It's easier, faster and cheaper for the customer. Although I do agree some people want hard tickets, perhaps they feel more secure. however within the past few years e tickets success has helped cool the stigmata of previous e tickets. An exact seat I couldn't promise but lets say section 114,115 and 116 are in zone A, I can guarantee you those. Hey you are saving maybe 20% which could easily be a C note on 4 tickets...Sounds like free dinner to me. 


    @nick69  I feel exactly the way you do about Stubhub. They are making 10% from the buyer and 15% from the seller. 
    Do the math...That's 25% on every transaction 
    I however do not take offense to your comment because I feel your frustration. Lets face it. If I can save you 20% on your order I'd say that should put me higher on your scale than earth worms. At least gimme "car salesman" status. 


    @TheGoldenGoose. Again I do agree about the hard tickets and I've been told by someone that it may be a slow starting business but I do believe if you treat people right, they will tell others and come back themselves.  Thank you  


    Keep em coming. Thank you......


      
     
    BigChris51
    BigChris51
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2011
    Posts: 1096
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 11:01 PM ET #11

    I'd also like to add. 

    You would have to come back to my site, log on the night before or the morning of the event and download your tickets directly from me rather than directly emailing them to you. 

    Id like to use an electronic signature before downloading as proof of receiving tickets.

    This allows me to protect myself from someone saying they didn't get them after the show.

    I can fedex them (buyer pays shipping) 


    Thoughts?  
    Reply
    I'd also like to add. 

    You would have to come back to my site, log on the night before or the morning of the event and download your tickets directly from me rather than directly emailing them to you. 

    Id like to use an electronic signature before downloading as proof of receiving tickets.

    This allows me to protect myself from someone saying they didn't get them after the show.

    I can fedex them (buyer pays shipping) 


    Thoughts?  
     
    Frank_Da_Tank
    Frank_Da_Tank
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 685
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 11:15 PM ET #12

    This might fly in NY and other major markets, but not all over where more travel and planning is involved.

    I would be leary that if it were that easy why the brokers would not just set up a dummy website and do it themselves like mlb has done with stubhub.

    GL  

    Reply

    This might fly in NY and other major markets, but not all over where more travel and planning is involved.

    I would be leary that if it were that easy why the brokers would not just set up a dummy website and do it themselves like mlb has done with stubhub.

    GL  

     
    NR_78
    NR_78
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 194
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 5:12 PM ET #13

    Chris -
    The signature thing is fine,  I always preferred getting my tickets email the day of event or before.  The ticket business seems like a decent business as long as you are targeting the right clients.  I had one ticket broker that I worked,  He was based out of arizona and I use to give him atleast 30-40k in business a year for events -

    The bottom line is that if people trust you and know you can come through...they will always use your service and refer you.  You just always have to come through with what you said.

    My former ticket guy -  I would just email him max price to spend and how many i wanted,  I always had the best seats for the price available on stub hub or other ticket broker sites.
    Reply
    Chris -
    The signature thing is fine,  I always preferred getting my tickets email the day of event or before.  The ticket business seems like a decent business as long as you are targeting the right clients.  I had one ticket broker that I worked,  He was based out of arizona and I use to give him atleast 30-40k in business a year for events -

    The bottom line is that if people trust you and know you can come through...they will always use your service and refer you.  You just always have to come through with what you said.

    My former ticket guy -  I would just email him max price to spend and how many i wanted,  I always had the best seats for the price available on stub hub or other ticket broker sites.
     
     
    BigChris51
    BigChris51
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2011
    Posts: 1096
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 1:09 PM ET #14

    @Frank_Da_Tank I'm not sure what traveling and planning has to do with this. Please explain. 
    The reason why brokers don't do this is because they are greedy and why would they sell anything at a 20% discount is they didn't have to?


    @NR_78. Thank you for your support. If and when this ever comes to fruition, i'll send you all the info. 


    Reply
    @Frank_Da_Tank I'm not sure what traveling and planning has to do with this. Please explain. 
    The reason why brokers don't do this is because they are greedy and why would they sell anything at a 20% discount is they didn't have to?


    @NR_78. Thank you for your support. If and when this ever comes to fruition, i'll send you all the info. 


    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,728
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,218
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 638
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,434
    • PART DEUX 256
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,534
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,531
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,853
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 622
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,712

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.