• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Thoughts That Come To You

    «First Previous 678 ... 212223 Next Last»
    Daddy_Freddie
    JimmyGape
    StumpTownStu
    ABooksNightmare
    Midnight1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2296
    Posts: 571
    «First Previous 678 ... 212223 Next Last»
     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2024 - 6:40 PM ET #126

    When Bob Knight was coaching at Texas Tech, he told the story of how an eighty-five-year-old guy was the most liked guy in the town he lived in, and someone asked him how he became so well liked over time, the older man replied...I became the most liked guy in town because I've outlived all the S.O.B's that hated me!  

    Reply

    When Bob Knight was coaching at Texas Tech, he told the story of how an eighty-five-year-old guy was the most liked guy in the town he lived in, and someone asked him how he became so well liked over time, the older man replied...I became the most liked guy in town because I've outlived all the S.O.B's that hated me!  

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2024 - 8:14 AM ET #127

    It's 5:08 AM on July 8th of 2024 here on the west coast and I just finished listening to "Better Days" by Bruce Springsteen (His politics don't interest me; I just pay to see him perform) and I can say this much. As I approach sixty years of age in March of 2025, I've been living on E Street since 1975 and the songs really take on new meaning for me now. In my youth and teenage years, I heard them and now at this stage of life I've listened and lived them. It's been a ride I'll always treasure and NEVER forget! The first verse really sums up life as it happens sometimes! 

    Well, my soul checked out missing, as I sat listening
    To the hours and minutes ticking away
    Yeah, just sittin' 'round waitin' for my life to begin
    While it was all just slipping away

    Well, I'm tired of waitin' for tomorrow to come
    Or the train to come roarin' 'round the bend
    I got a new suit of clothes and a pretty red rose
    A woman I can call my friend
    Reply

    It's 5:08 AM on July 8th of 2024 here on the west coast and I just finished listening to "Better Days" by Bruce Springsteen (His politics don't interest me; I just pay to see him perform) and I can say this much. As I approach sixty years of age in March of 2025, I've been living on E Street since 1975 and the songs really take on new meaning for me now. In my youth and teenage years, I heard them and now at this stage of life I've listened and lived them. It's been a ride I'll always treasure and NEVER forget! The first verse really sums up life as it happens sometimes! 

    Well, my soul checked out missing, as I sat listening
    To the hours and minutes ticking away
    Yeah, just sittin' 'round waitin' for my life to begin
    While it was all just slipping away

    Well, I'm tired of waitin' for tomorrow to come
    Or the train to come roarin' 'round the bend
    I got a new suit of clothes and a pretty red rose
    A woman I can call my friend
     
    JimmyGape
    JimmyGape
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4860
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2024 - 9:03 PM ET #128

    I grew up thinking women are compasionate, empatheric, nurturing. 

     

    I was very very wrong.

     

    Women are far far more wicked than men and its not even in the same ballpark.

    Reply

    I grew up thinking women are compasionate, empatheric, nurturing. 

     

    I was very very wrong.

     

    Women are far far more wicked than men and its not even in the same ballpark.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2024 - 9:44 PM ET #129

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    I grew up thinking women are compasionate, empatheric, nurturing.    I was very very wrong.   Women are far far more wicked than men and its not even in the same ballpark.

    There are good ones out there. And you'll find one. Until then, do you and plow as many as you can. If that means yoi have to be more reserved, less open, less willing to trust in order to protect yourself, so be it. If the right one comes, she'll break through those barriers. Until then, just do you.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    I grew up thinking women are compasionate, empatheric, nurturing.    I was very very wrong.   Women are far far more wicked than men and its not even in the same ballpark.

    There are good ones out there. And you'll find one. Until then, do you and plow as many as you can. If that means yoi have to be more reserved, less open, less willing to trust in order to protect yourself, so be it. If the right one comes, she'll break through those barriers. Until then, just do you.

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26650
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2024 - 9:58 PM ET #130

    The danger of the south mouth...it can be wicked....it can split hairs...it can turn you upside down and inside out....yet, it's a dwelling that men seek....it's warm, cozy and comforting but it can bite like a snapping turtle...peace_5

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    The danger of the south mouth...it can be wicked....it can split hairs...it can turn you upside down and inside out....yet, it's a dwelling that men seek....it's warm, cozy and comforting but it can bite like a snapping turtle...peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2024 - 5:24 PM ET #131

    @JimmyGape

     Women teach men how they want to be treated & we do the same to them.

    I didn't get married until I was 37. When I got home, I promised myself that I never ever wanted to be responsible for another human. And I totally agree with Stu's comments. Be good to yourself. Enjoy yourself.

    And there will come a time when you meet your soulmate & when you do, you will know it.

    Then the real fun/work begins.

    Reply

    @JimmyGape

     Women teach men how they want to be treated & we do the same to them.

    I didn't get married until I was 37. When I got home, I promised myself that I never ever wanted to be responsible for another human. And I totally agree with Stu's comments. Be good to yourself. Enjoy yourself.

    And there will come a time when you meet your soulmate & when you do, you will know it.

    Then the real fun/work begins.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2024 - 6:07 PM ET #132

    Was watching the local news of a rollover tractor trailer on I-75 & all the cars backed up for a mile or two. Florida Highway Patrol cut it from 5 lanes to 2 lanes.

    Won't be surprised to hear of a road rage incident cause everyone is packing in South Florida & we lack patience.

    I remember my Mom saying "Dear Lord, give me patience but hurry up."

     

    Reply

    Was watching the local news of a rollover tractor trailer on I-75 & all the cars backed up for a mile or two. Florida Highway Patrol cut it from 5 lanes to 2 lanes.

    Won't be surprised to hear of a road rage incident cause everyone is packing in South Florida & we lack patience.

    I remember my Mom saying "Dear Lord, give me patience but hurry up."

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2024 - 6:24 PM ET #133

    Today is the 58th anniversary of the US landing on the moon.

    Five countries have accomplished the feat but most would be lucky to name 3 of them.

    I wonder if this is even covered in grammar school. 

     

    Reply

    Today is the 58th anniversary of the US landing on the moon.

    Five countries have accomplished the feat but most would be lucky to name 3 of them.

    I wonder if this is even covered in grammar school. 

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2024 - 8:01 PM ET #134

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Today is the 58th anniversary of the US landing on the moon. Five countries have accomplished the feat but most would be lucky to name 3 of them. I wonder if this is even covered in grammar school.

    I would say us, Russia, and China are the no brainers. Maube throw Japan in the mix. The 4th country has me stumped though. A Scandanivian country maybe? You really only hear about us, Russia, and China when it comes to space.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Today is the 58th anniversary of the US landing on the moon. Five countries have accomplished the feat but most would be lucky to name 3 of them. I wonder if this is even covered in grammar school.

    I would say us, Russia, and China are the no brainers. Maube throw Japan in the mix. The 4th country has me stumped though. A Scandanivian country maybe? You really only hear about us, Russia, and China when it comes to space.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2024 - 11:51 AM ET #135

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Today is the 58th anniversary of the US landing on the moon. Five countries have accomplished the feat but most would be lucky to name 3 of them. I wonder if this is even covered in grammar school. I would say us, Russia, and China are the no brainers. Maube throw Japan in the mix. The 4th country has me stumped though. A Scandanivian country maybe? You really only hear about us, Russia, and China when it comes to space.

    Japan and India are the other 2.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: Today is the 58th anniversary of the US landing on the moon. Five countries have accomplished the feat but most would be lucky to name 3 of them. I wonder if this is even covered in grammar school. I would say us, Russia, and China are the no brainers. Maube throw Japan in the mix. The 4th country has me stumped though. A Scandanivian country maybe? You really only hear about us, Russia, and China when it comes to space.

    Japan and India are the other 2.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2024 - 12:59 PM ET #136

    The corporate swag being given away to athletes at the Olympics is unreal.

    Nike has given each athlete a suitcase full of shirts, sneakers, hats, t-shirts, sweats etc. Ralph Lauren, Skims & lulemon did something similar. Each athlete received a Hamilton watch which is tradition.

    Wondering how they will get all this stuff home?

    Delta, Team USA's official airline of the Olympics, has waived baggage fees for all athletes returning from the Olympics.

    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

    Reply

    The corporate swag being given away to athletes at the Olympics is unreal.

    Nike has given each athlete a suitcase full of shirts, sneakers, hats, t-shirts, sweats etc. Ralph Lauren, Skims & lulemon did something similar. Each athlete received a Hamilton watch which is tradition.

    Wondering how they will get all this stuff home?

    Delta, Team USA's official airline of the Olympics, has waived baggage fees for all athletes returning from the Olympics.

    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26650
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2024 - 3:38 PM ET #137

    Delta removed baggage fees...an_roll_laugh

     

    Oh what a relief...what we do know is no one will be bringing home their air conditioning units so what will happen with those? In a few weeks, EBAY will have them for sale

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    Delta removed baggage fees...an_roll_laugh

     

    Oh what a relief...what we do know is no one will be bringing home their air conditioning units so what will happen with those? In a few weeks, EBAY will have them for sale

     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47765
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2024 - 4:36 PM ET #138

    Some good comments by Jimmy Gape the responses to his thoughts on women.

    Just be yourself, live your life and don't let women manipulate you.

    I've been on a few dates and had a 2 month 'relationship' with another gal from Nov 2023- Jan 2024 and 3 different women all with good jobs, want 'loans' or financial help...go pound sand an_happydude

    Reply

    Some good comments by Jimmy Gape the responses to his thoughts on women.

    Just be yourself, live your life and don't let women manipulate you.

    I've been on a few dates and had a 2 month 'relationship' with another gal from Nov 2023- Jan 2024 and 3 different women all with good jobs, want 'loans' or financial help...go pound sand an_happydude

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2024 - 5:42 PM ET #139

    Quote Originally Posted by umgmu:

    Some good comments by Jimmy Gape the responses to his thoughts on women. Just be yourself, live your life and don't let women manipulate you. I've been on a few dates and had a 2 month 'relationship' with another gal from Nov 2023- Jan 2024 and 3 different women all with good jobs, want 'loans' or financial help...go pound sand

    So in other words, you can't keep a woman.

    an_roll_laugh

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by umgmu:

    Some good comments by Jimmy Gape the responses to his thoughts on women. Just be yourself, live your life and don't let women manipulate you. I've been on a few dates and had a 2 month 'relationship' with another gal from Nov 2023- Jan 2024 and 3 different women all with good jobs, want 'loans' or financial help...go pound sand

    So in other words, you can't keep a woman.

    an_roll_laugh

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2024 - 7:56 PM ET #140

    Quote Originally Posted by umgmu:

    Some good comments by Jimmy Gape the responses to his thoughts on women. Just be yourself, live your life and don't let women manipulate you. I've been on a few dates and had a 2 month 'relationship' with another gal from Nov 2023- Jan 2024 and 3 different women all with good jobs, want 'loans' or financial help...go pound sand

    If you keep meeting these women through escort services, you can't be shocked when they hit you up for money.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by umgmu:

    Some good comments by Jimmy Gape the responses to his thoughts on women. Just be yourself, live your life and don't let women manipulate you. I've been on a few dates and had a 2 month 'relationship' with another gal from Nov 2023- Jan 2024 and 3 different women all with good jobs, want 'loans' or financial help...go pound sand

    If you keep meeting these women through escort services, you can't be shocked when they hit you up for money.

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26650
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2024 - 8:27 PM ET #141

    an_roll_laugh

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    an_roll_laugh

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2024 - 9:04 PM ET #142

    How about the diversity of the Gymnastics Golden Girls medal winners!

    an_clap

    Reply

    How about the diversity of the Gymnastics Golden Girls medal winners!

    an_clap

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2024 - 12:54 AM ET #143

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    How about the diversity of the Gymnastics Golden Girls medal winners!

    It's almost the exact same team from last year.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    How about the diversity of the Gymnastics Golden Girls medal winners!

    It's almost the exact same team from last year.

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2024 - 6:24 AM ET #144

    Suni Lee could be my baby's mama ANYTIME! 

    Reply

    Suni Lee could be my baby's mama ANYTIME! 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 4, 2024 - 3:37 PM ET #145

    I read an article today about how underpaid teachers are & it got me thinking how two teachers influenced my life. One was good & one was bad.

    Freshman year in high school my English teacher, Mr. Brunetti shared the importance of having a good vocabulary. At the same time my Mom told us that when reading & coming upon a word we didn't know, look it up in the dictionary. The dictionary was a well used book in our home. Then there was Father Breen

    Junior year Father Breen was our Home Room teacher. He was a drunken bully. We had a kid in our class that was doing well in the NYC Golden Gloves & Breen called him to the front of the class. He smacked the shit out of this kid for no reason. Had he fought back, expulsion was definite. I became a friend of his when we went to Summer school for Spanish 3. I never would have passed if it wasn't for him helping me cheat. Hey, I was freaking 16 at the time.

    From that day on, I learned you had to stand up to a bully & it has served me well in life. It's like Mike Tyson says "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

    Reply

    I read an article today about how underpaid teachers are & it got me thinking how two teachers influenced my life. One was good & one was bad.

    Freshman year in high school my English teacher, Mr. Brunetti shared the importance of having a good vocabulary. At the same time my Mom told us that when reading & coming upon a word we didn't know, look it up in the dictionary. The dictionary was a well used book in our home. Then there was Father Breen

    Junior year Father Breen was our Home Room teacher. He was a drunken bully. We had a kid in our class that was doing well in the NYC Golden Gloves & Breen called him to the front of the class. He smacked the shit out of this kid for no reason. Had he fought back, expulsion was definite. I became a friend of his when we went to Summer school for Spanish 3. I never would have passed if it wasn't for him helping me cheat. Hey, I was freaking 16 at the time.

    From that day on, I learned you had to stand up to a bully & it has served me well in life. It's like Mike Tyson says "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Aug. 4, 2024 - 6:17 PM ET #146

    Reply

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 7, 2024 - 9:24 PM ET #147

    I'm enjoying the Little League Regional championships with teams trying to win a trip to Williamsport, PA for the World Championship & it brings back great memories.

    Grandparents & parents are on the edges of their seats watching these games.

    I haven't seen a dominant US team so far but these kids & their coaches are fun to watch.

    an_clap

    Reply

    I'm enjoying the Little League Regional championships with teams trying to win a trip to Williamsport, PA for the World Championship & it brings back great memories.

    Grandparents & parents are on the edges of their seats watching these games.

    I haven't seen a dominant US team so far but these kids & their coaches are fun to watch.

    an_clap

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Aug. 12, 2024 - 4:20 PM ET #148

    If you're hungry enough...you can eat dry bread. 

    Yiddish Proverb 103 

    Reply

    If you're hungry enough...you can eat dry bread. 

    Yiddish Proverb 103 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2024 - 9:36 PM ET #149

    Got a good buzz on & hit the last race posted in the Horse Racing forum. Yup, Yup.. Covers has a horse racing forum. People will find it again when the Breeders Cup races come along in early November. Was having a tough capping day but that win cut my losses.

    Heard there's a new dating app for degenerate gamblers ONLY. It's called Fumble.

    Came across an email folder I had labeled "funny/interesting shit."

    For example I learned if you were to spell each number (one, two etc) , you wouldn't hit an "A" until the number one thousand. Here are a few others.

    Supposedly, the only food that will never spoil is honey.

    The 1st couple to be seen in bed on prime time TV were Fred & Wilma Flintstone.

    It's impossible to lick your elbow.

    Alaska has the highest % of people who walk to work.

    1st novel using a typewriter. was Tom Sawyer.

    You can stop trying to lick your elbow now. 

     

    Reply

    Got a good buzz on & hit the last race posted in the Horse Racing forum. Yup, Yup.. Covers has a horse racing forum. People will find it again when the Breeders Cup races come along in early November. Was having a tough capping day but that win cut my losses.

    Heard there's a new dating app for degenerate gamblers ONLY. It's called Fumble.

    Came across an email folder I had labeled "funny/interesting shit."

    For example I learned if you were to spell each number (one, two etc) , you wouldn't hit an "A" until the number one thousand. Here are a few others.

    Supposedly, the only food that will never spoil is honey.

    The 1st couple to be seen in bed on prime time TV were Fred & Wilma Flintstone.

    It's impossible to lick your elbow.

    Alaska has the highest % of people who walk to work.

    1st novel using a typewriter. was Tom Sawyer.

    You can stop trying to lick your elbow now. 

     

     
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2024 - 5:46 PM ET #150

    I learned a new term today. It's called "bank jugging."

    It's when a scumbag watches a bank or ATM & follows people who have withdrawn large amounts of money. They either break into the cars, place of business or follow people home.

    BTW..never count your money in a parking lot.

    peace_5  

    Reply

    I learned a new term today. It's called "bank jugging."

    It's when a scumbag watches a bank or ATM & follows people who have withdrawn large amounts of money. They either break into the cars, place of business or follow people home.

    BTW..never count your money in a parking lot.

    peace_5  

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 678 ... 212223 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,838
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 439
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,591
    • MLB Playoffs 16,533
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,122
    • PART DEUX 117
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,378
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,228
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.