• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Thoughts That Come To You

    «First Previous 567 ... 212223 Next Last»
    Midnight1
    Sidehatch
    Daddy_Freddie
    ABooksNightmare
    tammy296
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2296
    Posts: 571
    «First Previous 567 ... 212223 Next Last»
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: May. 18, 2024 - 6:55 PM ET #101

    @StumpTownStu

     Well, hell....I think so.

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     Well, hell....I think so.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: May. 18, 2024 - 8:24 PM ET #102

    The Farah Fawcett poster was the "original" thirst trap for many young men.

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    The Farah Fawcett poster was the "original" thirst trap for many young men.

    thumbs_up

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: May. 20, 2024 - 7:04 PM ET #103

    Having problems with your Dish or Internet provider? Here's a trick to get a quick response without being on hold for 20 minutes or more.

    When asked what you need, tell them you need to cancel the service.

    You will immediately be sent to an English speaking human being. You will bypass the hold queue in most cases. 

     

     

    Reply

    Having problems with your Dish or Internet provider? Here's a trick to get a quick response without being on hold for 20 minutes or more.

    When asked what you need, tell them you need to cancel the service.

    You will immediately be sent to an English speaking human being. You will bypass the hold queue in most cases. 

     

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: May. 21, 2024 - 8:32 PM ET #104

    I've got sports fatigue right now.

    Other than the Panthers/Rangers, I'm half watching baseball, can't handle the NBA & even the Belmont sucks this year.

    It will make for a long summer.

    Reply

    I've got sports fatigue right now.

    Other than the Panthers/Rangers, I'm half watching baseball, can't handle the NBA & even the Belmont sucks this year.

    It will make for a long summer.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: May. 23, 2024 - 5:31 PM ET #105

    She has a new movie out named Mother of the Bride. But I've never considered Brooke Sheilds pretty or sexy & the boss wants to watch it this holiday weekend.

    BTW...there's plenty of tickets for the Sunday afternoon game between the Rangers/Panthers. Dont be surprised to see plenty of Ranger fans at the game.

    There's nothing like playoff hockey.

    an_clap

    Reply

    She has a new movie out named Mother of the Bride. But I've never considered Brooke Sheilds pretty or sexy & the boss wants to watch it this holiday weekend.

    BTW...there's plenty of tickets for the Sunday afternoon game between the Rangers/Panthers. Dont be surprised to see plenty of Ranger fans at the game.

    There's nothing like playoff hockey.

    an_clap

     
    Sidehatch
    Sidehatch
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 3246
    Posted: May. 23, 2024 - 10:06 PM ET #106

    "In my country, you come to thoughts!"

    - Yakov Smirnoff style joke

     

    Frankly, I think of things backwards to see if they would work as a Yakov Smirnoff joke at least 5x a day. 

    Reply

    "In my country, you come to thoughts!"

    - Yakov Smirnoff style joke

     

    Frankly, I think of things backwards to see if they would work as a Yakov Smirnoff joke at least 5x a day. 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: May. 24, 2024 - 12:56 PM ET #107

    Just got back from planting flags at the gravesites of fallen American soldiers. We do this every year & we planted 11 more than we did last year.

    If you have a flag, please fly it this weekend.

    If you don't have a flag, please buy one & fly it.

    Thank you.

    Reply

    Just got back from planting flags at the gravesites of fallen American soldiers. We do this every year & we planted 11 more than we did last year.

    If you have a flag, please fly it this weekend.

    If you don't have a flag, please buy one & fly it.

    Thank you.

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: May. 25, 2024 - 9:26 AM ET #108

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Just got back from planting flags at the gravesites of fallen American soldiers. We do this every year & we planted 11 more than we did last year. If you have a flag, please fly it this weekend. If you don't have a flag, please buy one & fly it. Thank you.

    Midnight-This Veteran thanks you for keeping it classy and loving South Florida as much as I do! 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Just got back from planting flags at the gravesites of fallen American soldiers. We do this every year & we planted 11 more than we did last year. If you have a flag, please fly it this weekend. If you don't have a flag, please buy one & fly it. Thank you.

    Midnight-This Veteran thanks you for keeping it classy and loving South Florida as much as I do! 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: May. 25, 2024 - 1:28 PM ET #109

    @Daddy_Freddie

     Freddie, thanks for your service as well.

    We fished the full moon Thursday night & the yellowtail snapper were turned on. They were small ( 12-14 in) but we didn't finish cleaning/filleting until 2 am.

    peace_5 

    Reply

    @Daddy_Freddie

     Freddie, thanks for your service as well.

    We fished the full moon Thursday night & the yellowtail snapper were turned on. They were small ( 12-14 in) but we didn't finish cleaning/filleting until 2 am.

    peace_5 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2024 - 8:54 PM ET #110

    After our afternoon storms today, we had the most gorgeous double rainbow appear over the ocean. I've never seen a double & it was amazingly bright.

    I'm sure the weather channel or your local news will show you this beauty.

    thumbs_up

     

    Reply

    After our afternoon storms today, we had the most gorgeous double rainbow appear over the ocean. I've never seen a double & it was amazingly bright.

    I'm sure the weather channel or your local news will show you this beauty.

    thumbs_up

     

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2024 - 11:15 PM ET #111

    I am amazed at the SERIOUS lack of coping skills and the general mindset of younger people these days. I took a great job for people of 50 (security) and the other day we had to remove someone that had had too much to drink from the property. This younger guy (he was mid to late twenties) got triggered because he was not able to purchase some popcorn on the way out of the property after being removed and tried to provoke a response from me physically. After the smoke cleared and he left I could not help but think how screwed up his priorities are to get so worked over some popcorn that you want to actually get in a physical confrontation. When people ask me if I want to be young again, it's things like this that make me happy to be on the back nine in life. 

    Reply

    I am amazed at the SERIOUS lack of coping skills and the general mindset of younger people these days. I took a great job for people of 50 (security) and the other day we had to remove someone that had had too much to drink from the property. This younger guy (he was mid to late twenties) got triggered because he was not able to purchase some popcorn on the way out of the property after being removed and tried to provoke a response from me physically. After the smoke cleared and he left I could not help but think how screwed up his priorities are to get so worked over some popcorn that you want to actually get in a physical confrontation. When people ask me if I want to be young again, it's things like this that make me happy to be on the back nine in life. 

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26650
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2024 - 1:49 PM ET #112

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    The Farah Fawcett poster was the "original" thirst trap for many young men.
    an_tongueoutdelightful poster...so many young men had her posters hanging on their wall...

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    The Farah Fawcett poster was the "original" thirst trap for many young men.
    an_tongueoutdelightful poster...so many young men had her posters hanging on their wall...

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2024 - 5:10 PM ET #113

    A golf analyst at the U S open said of current leader Bryson De Chambeau "Even when he misses the fairway, his ball lands surrounded by 4 leaf clovers."

    That rates up with "The guy is so lucky that if he fell into a sewer, he'd come out wearing a new Rolex." 

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    A golf analyst at the U S open said of current leader Bryson De Chambeau "Even when he misses the fairway, his ball lands surrounded by 4 leaf clovers."

    That rates up with "The guy is so lucky that if he fell into a sewer, he'd come out wearing a new Rolex." 

    thumbs_up

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2024 - 8:57 PM ET #114

    Just watched Snoop Dogg do some play by play at the Reds/Brewers game. De La Cruz made a good throw & Snoop says "he's got a rocket in his pocket." Very entertaining.

    And he'll be covering the Olympics for NBC.

    Should be fun to watch/listen.

     

    Reply

    Just watched Snoop Dogg do some play by play at the Reds/Brewers game. De La Cruz made a good throw & Snoop says "he's got a rocket in his pocket." Very entertaining.

    And he'll be covering the Olympics for NBC.

    Should be fun to watch/listen.

     

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2024 - 12:08 AM ET #115

    Lately more and more I've been adhering to the words of the song "The Older I Get" by Alan Jackson, where it says "Knowing when to care and when to just not give a damn"  

    Reply

    Lately more and more I've been adhering to the words of the song "The Older I Get" by Alan Jackson, where it says "Knowing when to care and when to just not give a damn"  

     
    tammy296
    tammy296
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2022
    Posts: 622
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2024 - 12:36 PM ET #116

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie:

    Lately more and more I've been adhering to the words of the song "The Older I Get" by Alan Jackson, where it says "Knowing when to care and when to just not give a damn"

    This! There's something very freeing in that. I wish I could convey this to my young adults kids, but I know that they have to go through it themselves to get to this place. 

    Reply

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie:

    Lately more and more I've been adhering to the words of the song "The Older I Get" by Alan Jackson, where it says "Knowing when to care and when to just not give a damn"

    This! There's something very freeing in that. I wish I could convey this to my young adults kids, but I know that they have to go through it themselves to get to this place. 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2024 - 3:54 PM ET #117

    Quote Originally Posted by tammy296:

    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie: Lately more and more I've been adhering to the words of the song "The Older I Get" by Alan Jackson, where it says "Knowing when to care and when to just not give a damn" This! There's something very freeing in that. I wish I could convey this to my young adults kids, but I know that they have to go through it themselves to get to this place.

    I've never heard of this song Freddie, so thanks for sharing. The lyric that got me is..

    And if they found a fountain of youth

    I wouldn't drink a drop and that's the truth

    WOW, that's some admission. In some way, I'd like to go back and fix some of the things I've done especially if I could go back with the experience I have now.

    Good stuff

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by tammy296:

    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie: Lately more and more I've been adhering to the words of the song "The Older I Get" by Alan Jackson, where it says "Knowing when to care and when to just not give a damn" This! There's something very freeing in that. I wish I could convey this to my young adults kids, but I know that they have to go through it themselves to get to this place.

    I've never heard of this song Freddie, so thanks for sharing. The lyric that got me is..

    And if they found a fountain of youth

    I wouldn't drink a drop and that's the truth

    WOW, that's some admission. In some way, I'd like to go back and fix some of the things I've done especially if I could go back with the experience I have now.

    Good stuff

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2024 - 8:26 PM ET #118

    Maybe you know this but maybe you don't.

    Most garbage trucks have a "hidden well" for lack of a better word separate from the main well where the garbage is dumped in the truck. The well is then lifted into the belly of the truck.

    WPB police had Jeffrey Epstein's garbage put in this hidden well to keep it from being merged into the garbage from everyone else. In the garbage, the police found names/ph#'/appointments & used it to find the girls Epstein had visit his home.

    We shred almost everything but word to the wise should be sufficient.

     

    Reply

    Maybe you know this but maybe you don't.

    Most garbage trucks have a "hidden well" for lack of a better word separate from the main well where the garbage is dumped in the truck. The well is then lifted into the belly of the truck.

    WPB police had Jeffrey Epstein's garbage put in this hidden well to keep it from being merged into the garbage from everyone else. In the garbage, the police found names/ph#'/appointments & used it to find the girls Epstein had visit his home.

    We shred almost everything but word to the wise should be sufficient.

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2024 - 5:56 PM ET #119

    This 4th of July will be the 1st time in about 25 years we are not lighting fireworks.

    They have become more powerful over the years & we just have too much liability. Instead we'll watch the folks on the ocean light up the sky.

    If you plan to partake Thursday, be careful. Have 2 or 3 buckets of water closeby especially to totally douse the kids sparklers. Have a flashlight available so you get a good look at the fuse before lighting it. It's preferable to have a sober person lighting the fuses but.....

    Enjoy!

    Reply

    This 4th of July will be the 1st time in about 25 years we are not lighting fireworks.

    They have become more powerful over the years & we just have too much liability. Instead we'll watch the folks on the ocean light up the sky.

    If you plan to partake Thursday, be careful. Have 2 or 3 buckets of water closeby especially to totally douse the kids sparklers. Have a flashlight available so you get a good look at the fuse before lighting it. It's preferable to have a sober person lighting the fuses but.....

    Enjoy!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2024 - 8:11 PM ET #120

    I would bet that most Americans don't know the differences between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. 

    confused

    Reply

    I would bet that most Americans don't know the differences between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. 

    confused

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2024 - 2:17 PM ET #121

    Got this local magazine in the mail today where they announce the graduating high school students & the colleges they will be attending. In this one school 26 of the 28 students are going to Florida universities. The other 2 students are going to Boston College & Penn State.

    The cost to send a student to an "out of state" college is phenomenal. Families with 3 or 4 kids will be hard pressed to make some difficult decisions. Does Dennis & Marie get to go but not Sam?

    I don't think Mom & Dad will be retiring any time soon.

    moneybag

    Reply

    Got this local magazine in the mail today where they announce the graduating high school students & the colleges they will be attending. In this one school 26 of the 28 students are going to Florida universities. The other 2 students are going to Boston College & Penn State.

    The cost to send a student to an "out of state" college is phenomenal. Families with 3 or 4 kids will be hard pressed to make some difficult decisions. Does Dennis & Marie get to go but not Sam?

    I don't think Mom & Dad will be retiring any time soon.

    moneybag

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2024 - 2:27 PM ET #122

    I learned a new term today & it's "gate lice."

    These are people who stand in front of the gate 40 minutes ahead of the flight. Ticket attendants can stand them because they need to be moved out of the way for those in  wheelchairs, those who need help boarding & 1st class passengers.

    WOW...gate lice !

    Reply

    I learned a new term today & it's "gate lice."

    These are people who stand in front of the gate 40 minutes ahead of the flight. Ticket attendants can stand them because they need to be moved out of the way for those in  wheelchairs, those who need help boarding & 1st class passengers.

    WOW...gate lice !

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2024 - 3:05 PM ET #123

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I learned a new term today & it's "gate lice." These are people who stand in front of the gate 40 minutes ahead of the flight. Ticket attendants can stand them because they need to be moved out of the way for those in  wheelchairs, those who need help boarding & 1st class passengers. WOW...gate lice !

    I fly a lot. I never see this. Most Americans don't have the physical endurance to stand in place for 40+ minutes before boarding even starts.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I learned a new term today & it's "gate lice." These are people who stand in front of the gate 40 minutes ahead of the flight. Ticket attendants can stand them because they need to be moved out of the way for those in  wheelchairs, those who need help boarding & 1st class passengers. WOW...gate lice !

    I fly a lot. I never see this. Most Americans don't have the physical endurance to stand in place for 40+ minutes before boarding even starts.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2024 - 7:33 PM ET #124

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: I learned a new term today & it's "gate lice." These are people who stand in front of the gate 40 minutes ahead of the flight. Ticket attendants can stand them because they need to be moved out of the way for those in  wheelchairs, those who need help boarding & 1st class passengers. WOW...gate lice ! I fly a lot. I never see this. Most Americans don't have the physical endurance to stand in place for 40+ minutes before boarding even starts.

    We haven't flown a lot lately but I saw this shit all the time when we did fly. This an industry term & how they view many of their customers.

    This term won't be forgotten when people returning home from the holiday have to step over the outstretched legs & a mine fields of unattended luggage along their way to the gate. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: I learned a new term today & it's "gate lice." These are people who stand in front of the gate 40 minutes ahead of the flight. Ticket attendants can stand them because they need to be moved out of the way for those in  wheelchairs, those who need help boarding & 1st class passengers. WOW...gate lice ! I fly a lot. I never see this. Most Americans don't have the physical endurance to stand in place for 40+ minutes before boarding even starts.

    We haven't flown a lot lately but I saw this shit all the time when we did fly. This an industry term & how they view many of their customers.

    This term won't be forgotten when people returning home from the holiday have to step over the outstretched legs & a mine fields of unattended luggage along their way to the gate. 

     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2024 - 11:18 AM ET #125

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: I learned a new term today & it's "gate lice." These are people who stand in front of the gate 40 minutes ahead of the flight. Ticket attendants can stand them because they need to be moved out of the way for those in  wheelchairs, those who need help boarding & 1st class passengers. WOW...gate lice ! I fly a lot. I never see this. Most Americans don't have the physical endurance to stand in place for 40+ minutes before boarding even starts. We haven't flown a lot lately but I saw this shit all the time when we did fly. This an industry term & how they view many of their customers. This term won't be forgotten when people returning home from the holiday have to step over the outstretched legs & a mine fields of unattended luggage along their way to the gate.

    The boss move is possessing a first class ticket, meaning you board first, but still being one of the last to board because you're at the bar. Go ahead and stand there for 45 minutes. You're just gonna be sitting there, breathing recycled air, waiting for me to take off anyway.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: I learned a new term today & it's "gate lice." These are people who stand in front of the gate 40 minutes ahead of the flight. Ticket attendants can stand them because they need to be moved out of the way for those in  wheelchairs, those who need help boarding & 1st class passengers. WOW...gate lice ! I fly a lot. I never see this. Most Americans don't have the physical endurance to stand in place for 40+ minutes before boarding even starts. We haven't flown a lot lately but I saw this shit all the time when we did fly. This an industry term & how they view many of their customers. This term won't be forgotten when people returning home from the holiday have to step over the outstretched legs & a mine fields of unattended luggage along their way to the gate.

    The boss move is possessing a first class ticket, meaning you board first, but still being one of the last to board because you're at the bar. Go ahead and stand there for 45 minutes. You're just gonna be sitting there, breathing recycled air, waiting for me to take off anyway.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 567 ... 212223 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,818
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,578
    • MLB Playoffs 16,083
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,101
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,367
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,224
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,500

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.