• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Thoughts That Come To You

    «First Previous 345 ... 212223 Next Last»
    Midnight1
    StumpTownStu
    Daddy_Freddie
    Crusher13
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2296
    Posts: 571
    «First Previous 345 ... 212223 Next Last»
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2024 - 2:29 PM ET #51

    I think many of us wager online & when it comes to the ponies, I don't add money to my account until I'm down to 20 bucks. It's kind of a "bad mojo" thing for me. Superstition, so to speak.

    This just came to me because I have to put money in my TwinSpires account before the weekend racing.

    Does anyone else have a similar way of thinking on when to add bucks to your account other than being on empty?

    Reply

    I think many of us wager online & when it comes to the ponies, I don't add money to my account until I'm down to 20 bucks. It's kind of a "bad mojo" thing for me. Superstition, so to speak.

    This just came to me because I have to put money in my TwinSpires account before the weekend racing.

    Does anyone else have a similar way of thinking on when to add bucks to your account other than being on empty?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2024 - 2:47 PM ET #52

    I believe those who major in Packaging while in college have a sadistic streak in them.

    You will realize it as well as you age.

     

    Reply

    I believe those who major in Packaging while in college have a sadistic streak in them.

    You will realize it as well as you age.

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2024 - 7:40 AM ET #53

    The Uber i'm currently in heading to the airport is the smelliest car I have ever been in. This isn't fair. And it's like an hour ride.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    The Uber i'm currently in heading to the airport is the smelliest car I have ever been in. This isn't fair. And it's like an hour ride.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2024 - 6:34 PM ET #54

    @StumpTownStu

     People throw up all the time in these cars. They spill shit & leave stuff behind but that can be cleaned up.

    But a stanky smell??? I would think it's real hard figuring out the cause/solution.

    Anyway

    I saw that some experienced outages using the AT&T's network today & outraged customers are planning to install landlines which weren't affected by the outage.

    We've kept our landline because of the hurricane situation in which we live. A number of years ago, cell towers were negatively impacted/out of service after a hurrincane & we invited neighbors to use our landline phone to contact family/friends after the storm.

    We'll be keeping ours!

    BTW..I expect AT&T will raise the cost of these phone lines. Simple supply/demand situation.  

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     People throw up all the time in these cars. They spill shit & leave stuff behind but that can be cleaned up.

    But a stanky smell??? I would think it's real hard figuring out the cause/solution.

    Anyway

    I saw that some experienced outages using the AT&T's network today & outraged customers are planning to install landlines which weren't affected by the outage.

    We've kept our landline because of the hurricane situation in which we live. A number of years ago, cell towers were negatively impacted/out of service after a hurrincane & we invited neighbors to use our landline phone to contact family/friends after the storm.

    We'll be keeping ours!

    BTW..I expect AT&T will raise the cost of these phone lines. Simple supply/demand situation.  

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2024 - 11:07 PM ET #55

    @Midnight1

     I think dude was just bummy and maybe living out of his car at times. Either that or a stinky dogs. The backseat was also fairly dirty. I live in the sticks and it was like 4 in the morning so what can you do?

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Midnight1

     I think dude was just bummy and maybe living out of his car at times. Either that or a stinky dogs. The backseat was also fairly dirty. I live in the sticks and it was like 4 in the morning so what can you do?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 25, 2024 - 5:51 PM ET #56

    If you need a laugh rolling into Monday, GOOGLE....ICE FOOTBALL!

    It's the next sport to entertain everyone.

    I'd watch it!

    an_clap

    Reply

    If you need a laugh rolling into Monday, GOOGLE....ICE FOOTBALL!

    It's the next sport to entertain everyone.

    I'd watch it!

    an_clap

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2024 - 12:01 AM ET #57

    @Midnight1

     In regard to you talking about keeping your landline I seen an article where the old CB (Citizens Band for you younger folk here) radios are making a comeback. In case of natural disasters like you mentioned, if you lose your phone for any length of time those are of VALUABLE use! Hope you are doing well there in S.FLA

    Reply

    @Midnight1

     In regard to you talking about keeping your landline I seen an article where the old CB (Citizens Band for you younger folk here) radios are making a comeback. In case of natural disasters like you mentioned, if you lose your phone for any length of time those are of VALUABLE use! Hope you are doing well there in S.FLA

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2024 - 5:18 PM ET #58

    @Daddy_Freddie

     Life is good Freddie but at the same time, I got a reality check today.

    The boss took me to Culver's for lunch today. The place is spotless & they make a decent burger. You place your order & they deliver it to the table.

    There's a lady that works there & she's gotta be in her early 30's but looks like she's 19. She brought our food with all smiles & I mentioned that she looked happy. She learned today that she was getting a raise to $15/per hour & couldn't wait to tell her daughter. We congratulated her & I started to think.

    WTF??

    $15/per hour??? Last time I checked, a living wage was about $23/per hour. 

    There are hundreds of thousands in the same boat & it just made me stop & think.

    How lucky I am & frankly, I would never had imagined it when I was 19.

    peace_5

    Reply

    @Daddy_Freddie

     Life is good Freddie but at the same time, I got a reality check today.

    The boss took me to Culver's for lunch today. The place is spotless & they make a decent burger. You place your order & they deliver it to the table.

    There's a lady that works there & she's gotta be in her early 30's but looks like she's 19. She brought our food with all smiles & I mentioned that she looked happy. She learned today that she was getting a raise to $15/per hour & couldn't wait to tell her daughter. We congratulated her & I started to think.

    WTF??

    $15/per hour??? Last time I checked, a living wage was about $23/per hour. 

    There are hundreds of thousands in the same boat & it just made me stop & think.

    How lucky I am & frankly, I would never had imagined it when I was 19.

    peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2024 - 5:05 PM ET #59

    We just got back from a late lunch with my non-adopted son. He's the son of a buddy who passed away with covid & we are very close. He brought his new girlfriend, Veronica, who is a former Hooters bartender but now works at the Hard Rock in the promotions department. Real sweet girl & of course, gorgeous.

    We cut lunch short because of the noise in the restaurant from the music. It's a neighborhood place & it can get loud but that's usually the during the evenings. We were there for about 2 hours, which is about an hour short of our usual visits. It was our guests who were bothered most by the music because they couldn't hear my words of wisdom. Anywayyyy,

    Pete says to me, "Hey, you know I forgot your birtthday on Christmas & I apologize." I interrupted to tell him "I know you forgot & I was heartbroken." So he says, "But I did get you something." He looks over to Veronica & she hands me a Hard Rock envelope.

    I opened it up & it's 4 tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd & ZZ Top next Sunday March 10th at the Hard Rock.

    I turned to my wife & said loudly enough for everyone to hear, "He's back in the will."

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    We just got back from a late lunch with my non-adopted son. He's the son of a buddy who passed away with covid & we are very close. He brought his new girlfriend, Veronica, who is a former Hooters bartender but now works at the Hard Rock in the promotions department. Real sweet girl & of course, gorgeous.

    We cut lunch short because of the noise in the restaurant from the music. It's a neighborhood place & it can get loud but that's usually the during the evenings. We were there for about 2 hours, which is about an hour short of our usual visits. It was our guests who were bothered most by the music because they couldn't hear my words of wisdom. Anywayyyy,

    Pete says to me, "Hey, you know I forgot your birtthday on Christmas & I apologize." I interrupted to tell him "I know you forgot & I was heartbroken." So he says, "But I did get you something." He looks over to Veronica & she hands me a Hard Rock envelope.

    I opened it up & it's 4 tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd & ZZ Top next Sunday March 10th at the Hard Rock.

    I turned to my wife & said loudly enough for everyone to hear, "He's back in the will."

    thumbs_up

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2024 - 6:37 AM ET #60

    @Midnight1

     I just saw those 2 acts in Denver last September chickie who took me was good friends with LS guitarist said it was very Best show She ever saw them play...wait until they puff out all the original Band member candles. Sorry but sad..Gary Rossington passed last Spring..AND Billy Gibbons best buddy filled in for Dusty Hill..except He played on Billy's Right side not LEFT AND he was wearing a fake beard... they still sounded Great..Enjoy Sunday 

    Reply

    @Midnight1

     I just saw those 2 acts in Denver last September chickie who took me was good friends with LS guitarist said it was very Best show She ever saw them play...wait until they puff out all the original Band member candles. Sorry but sad..Gary Rossington passed last Spring..AND Billy Gibbons best buddy filled in for Dusty Hill..except He played on Billy's Right side not LEFT AND he was wearing a fake beard... they still sounded Great..Enjoy Sunday 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2024 - 8:47 PM ET #61

    @Crusher13

     It was a cool surprise from a really good kid. Kid, damn he's 32. 

    The Hard Rock has a real nice venue with a great sound system & dinner is on me while we get to know his new girlfriend. He's been talking about marriage but I gotta check out this chick.

    My "gold digger" radar will be on high alert!

    cool

    Reply

    @Crusher13

     It was a cool surprise from a really good kid. Kid, damn he's 32. 

    The Hard Rock has a real nice venue with a great sound system & dinner is on me while we get to know his new girlfriend. He's been talking about marriage but I gotta check out this chick.

    My "gold digger" radar will be on high alert!

    cool

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2024 - 11:46 AM ET #62

    Adults always ask kids what they want to be when they grow up because they are looking for ideas.

    cool 

    Reply

    Adults always ask kids what they want to be when they grow up because they are looking for ideas.

    cool 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2024 - 7:49 PM ET #63

    Before we work on perfecting Articial Intelligence, why don't we do something about Natural Stupidity first?

    an_light 

    Reply

    Before we work on perfecting Articial Intelligence, why don't we do something about Natural Stupidity first?

    an_light 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2024 - 6:10 PM ET #64

    In high school if you didn't believe/understand science, it was called failing.

    Now it's called disastrous.

    Just sayin...an_speak 

    Reply

    In high school if you didn't believe/understand science, it was called failing.

    Now it's called disastrous.

    Just sayin...an_speak 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2024 - 5:34 PM ET #65

    Honest criticism is hard to take particularly from a relative, an acquaintance or a stranger.

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    Honest criticism is hard to take particularly from a relative, an acquaintance or a stranger.

    thumbs_up

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2024 - 7:38 PM ET #66

    Midnight, I have a Wonderful Dream to share but......I want to envision it reoccurring...

    We all do HAVE Repeat dreams...True ..

    Not always premonitions either an_wink

    Reply

    Midnight, I have a Wonderful Dream to share but......I want to envision it reoccurring...

    We all do HAVE Repeat dreams...True ..

    Not always premonitions either an_wink

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2024 - 8:28 PM ET #67

    @Crusher13

     I have a recurring dream of sitting in front of a slot machine at the Barbary Coast that kept spilling out dollar coins & I couldn't control it. People are walking by & nobody stops to see this slot going crazy. 

    I've had it at least 4 or 5 times & I always wake up.

    Which I suppose is a good thing!

    an_cheers 

    Reply

    @Crusher13

     I have a recurring dream of sitting in front of a slot machine at the Barbary Coast that kept spilling out dollar coins & I couldn't control it. People are walking by & nobody stops to see this slot going crazy. 

    I've had it at least 4 or 5 times & I always wake up.

    Which I suppose is a good thing!

    an_cheers 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2024 - 8:17 PM ET #68

    My wife walked into the living room just now & asked what I was watching & I told her it was Grambling vs Montana State. She asked which team was Grambling??? It remined me of our 2nd date.

    I was taking her to a Yankee spring training game & while on our way to Fort Lauderdale Yankee Stadiium, I told her we had great seats. She asked "on what yard line?" I thought she was joking but all she knew about sports was Magic Johnson & Michigan State football. 

    When I got home & spoke on the phone with my dad, I relayed her question. My Pop told me "Get rid of her now. Don't let it go on any longer. You'll be miserable if she doesn't understand baseball!"

    Now 35 years later, this same lady is helping me pick exactas & tri's in horse racing, understands point spreads as well as under/overs.

    Go figure, huh?

    Reply

    My wife walked into the living room just now & asked what I was watching & I told her it was Grambling vs Montana State. She asked which team was Grambling??? It remined me of our 2nd date.

    I was taking her to a Yankee spring training game & while on our way to Fort Lauderdale Yankee Stadiium, I told her we had great seats. She asked "on what yard line?" I thought she was joking but all she knew about sports was Magic Johnson & Michigan State football. 

    When I got home & spoke on the phone with my dad, I relayed her question. My Pop told me "Get rid of her now. Don't let it go on any longer. You'll be miserable if she doesn't understand baseball!"

    Now 35 years later, this same lady is helping me pick exactas & tri's in horse racing, understands point spreads as well as under/overs.

    Go figure, huh?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2024 - 5:32 PM ET #69

    I'm sitting here complaining about lousy free throw shooting & I remembered this saying...

    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you are a mile away from them & you have their shoes."

    Bizarre how some thoughts just come...

    an_light

    Reply

    I'm sitting here complaining about lousy free throw shooting & I remembered this saying...

    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you are a mile away from them & you have their shoes."

    Bizarre how some thoughts just come...

    an_light

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 28, 2024 - 8:01 PM ET #70

    One of the problems in the world is that intelligent people are full of doubt while the crazy ones are full of confidence.

    an_light

    Reply

    One of the problems in the world is that intelligent people are full of doubt while the crazy ones are full of confidence.

    an_light

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2024 - 1:01 PM ET #71

    I love watching kids fish rather than them sitting inside playing video games. Always good to have fresh live bait available. Kids lose interest quickly.

    My grandchildren are outside fishing while Grandpa is playing the ponies, college BB & baseball with a buzz on & Heinekens chilling before all the crazies come over to watch  everything. 

    Life is good.

    Reply

    I love watching kids fish rather than them sitting inside playing video games. Always good to have fresh live bait available. Kids lose interest quickly.

    My grandchildren are outside fishing while Grandpa is playing the ponies, college BB & baseball with a buzz on & Heinekens chilling before all the crazies come over to watch  everything. 

    Life is good.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2024 - 1:43 PM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I love watching kids fish rather than them sitting inside playing video games. Always good to have fresh live bait available. Kids lose interest quickly. My grandchildren are outside fishing while Grandpa is playing the ponies, college BB & baseball with a buzz on & Heinekens chilling before all the crazies come over to watch  everything.  Life is good.

    You and those Heinekens. There are so many good beers out there. Florida has to have some decent microbreweries.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I love watching kids fish rather than them sitting inside playing video games. Always good to have fresh live bait available. Kids lose interest quickly. My grandchildren are outside fishing while Grandpa is playing the ponies, college BB & baseball with a buzz on & Heinekens chilling before all the crazies come over to watch  everything.  Life is good.

    You and those Heinekens. There are so many good beers out there. Florida has to have some decent microbreweries.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2024 - 10:57 PM ET #73

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: I love watching kids fish rather than them sitting inside playing video games. Always good to have fresh live bait available. Kids lose interest quickly. My grandchildren are outside fishing while Grandpa is playing the ponies, college BB & baseball with a buzz on & Heinekens chilling before all the crazies come over to watch  everything.  Life is good. You and those Heinekens. There are so many good beers out there. Florida has to have some decent microbreweries.

    Stu, yes we do have plenty of microbreweries but it's just not my cup of tea so to speak.

    an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: I love watching kids fish rather than them sitting inside playing video games. Always good to have fresh live bait available. Kids lose interest quickly. My grandchildren are outside fishing while Grandpa is playing the ponies, college BB & baseball with a buzz on & Heinekens chilling before all the crazies come over to watch  everything.  Life is good. You and those Heinekens. There are so many good beers out there. Florida has to have some decent microbreweries.

    Stu, yes we do have plenty of microbreweries but it's just not my cup of tea so to speak.

    an_cheers

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2024 - 9:22 PM ET #74

    Are you the scorpion or the frog?

    Morality or the illusion of morality?

    Was it a poorly designed plan that led to their demise?

    Were there any other alternatives allowing them both to cross the river?

    And soon we will vote to legalize Marijuana in Florida!!!! I'll be growing mine...

    BWHAAAAAAAAA

    Actually there's a similar story involving an elephant & a scorpion crossing the river. In this case, the elephant convinced the scorpion to sit on his trunk rather than his back since his back would be mostly underwater. The elephant would certainly keep is trunk out of the water so he could breath. Halfway across the river, the scorpion decided to  strike & raised his tail. The elephant shook his trunk & the scorpion fell into the water. The scorpion looked up and asked "Why did you do that? I didn't sting you." The elephant replied "Oh, I know you didn't sting me. But I heard the story about you and the frog."  

     

    Reply

    Are you the scorpion or the frog?

    Morality or the illusion of morality?

    Was it a poorly designed plan that led to their demise?

    Were there any other alternatives allowing them both to cross the river?

    And soon we will vote to legalize Marijuana in Florida!!!! I'll be growing mine...

    BWHAAAAAAAAA

    Actually there's a similar story involving an elephant & a scorpion crossing the river. In this case, the elephant convinced the scorpion to sit on his trunk rather than his back since his back would be mostly underwater. The elephant would certainly keep is trunk out of the water so he could breath. Halfway across the river, the scorpion decided to  strike & raised his tail. The elephant shook his trunk & the scorpion fell into the water. The scorpion looked up and asked "Why did you do that? I didn't sting you." The elephant replied "Oh, I know you didn't sting me. But I heard the story about you and the frog."  

     

     
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2024 - 10:06 PM ET #75

    An employee is told "the custoner is always right" when in reality the customer is usually a moron.

    Reply

    An employee is told "the custoner is always right" when in reality the customer is usually a moron.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 345 ... 212223 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,747
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,569
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 421
    • MLB Playoffs 15,678
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,064
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,356
    • Week 6 Money 5,343
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,212
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,493

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.