• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    I CHANGED ONE WAY OF BETTING ON SPORTS AND HAVE DONE VERY WELL

    12 Next Last»
    ChemicalAli
    TheCrow
    2Team_Parlay
    mightiestmojo
    KingRGIII
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2185
    Posts: 47
    12 Next Last»
     
    ChemicalAli
    ChemicalAli
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 299
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 2:09 AM ET #1

    I USED TO PLAY PARLAYS, NOW JUST STRAIGHT BETS.  ITS BEEN LIKE NIGHT AND DAY.  I REALLY DO NOW UNDERSTAND PARLAYS ARE FOR SUCKERS....SOME MAY WIN, BUT IN THE LONG RUN, IT IS A TERRIBLE WAY TO BET.  WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON PARLAYS

    PS.  IF YOU LIKE PARLAYS, DON'T REPLY.  THIS THREAD IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FOUND PARLAYS TO BE NOT WORTHWHILE...
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I USED TO PLAY PARLAYS, NOW JUST STRAIGHT BETS.  ITS BEEN LIKE NIGHT AND DAY.  I REALLY DO NOW UNDERSTAND PARLAYS ARE FOR SUCKERS....SOME MAY WIN, BUT IN THE LONG RUN, IT IS A TERRIBLE WAY TO BET.  WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON PARLAYS

    PS.  IF YOU LIKE PARLAYS, DON'T REPLY.  THIS THREAD IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FOUND PARLAYS TO BE NOT WORTHWHILE...
     
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 9368
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 4:57 AM ET #2

    i'm not a big parlay bettor but don't look too down upon those who do them.  Sometimes a $5 parlay can help someone recover from the string of straight $100 bets that keep losing.  
    Reply
    i'm not a big parlay bettor but don't look too down upon those who do them.  Sometimes a $5 parlay can help someone recover from the string of straight $100 bets that keep losing.  
     
    2Team_Parlay
    2Team_Parlay
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 10336
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 6:17 AM ET #3

    how can u ask people for their thoughts on parlays but say people who like them cant reply? 


    Reply
    how can u ask people for their thoughts on parlays but say people who like them cant reply? 


     
    mightiestmojo
    mightiestmojo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 6735
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 6:48 AM ET #4

    They are something I'll usually do if I'm up a lot but I don't expect to win. It is like hitting the lotto when I hit one though (talking over 5 teams). I don't recommend them except for fun but I'd agree far too many intangibles to expect to hit too many. 
    Reply
    They are something I'll usually do if I'm up a lot but I don't expect to win. It is like hitting the lotto when I hit one though (talking over 5 teams). I don't recommend them except for fun but I'd agree far too many intangibles to expect to hit too many. 
     
    KingRGIII
    KingRGIII
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 9042
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 6:53 AM ET #5

    Reply
     
    Randisist
    Randisist
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 3158
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 7:55 AM ET #6

    Parlays are the ONLY way to play... And NEVER under 5 games a ticket...

    Oh Man, am I in trouble now...

    But on to a serious note...

    Not being a parlay player myself... I wonder what the financial outcome would have been during the MLB season so far if someone had placed a parlay wager each day on:

    1. the top two, or three, or four underdogs each day
    2. the top two, or three, or four favorites each day

    A blind bet as far as who is playing. Just wager based on ML.

    I do believe I will work up a spreadsheet to see if there would have been a financial gain from parlaying a specific set of games regularly. Probably a major waste of time, but I do love to play with numbers...

    Anybody curious?

    Reply
    Parlays are the ONLY way to play... And NEVER under 5 games a ticket...

    Oh Man, am I in trouble now...

    But on to a serious note...

    Not being a parlay player myself... I wonder what the financial outcome would have been during the MLB season so far if someone had placed a parlay wager each day on:

    1. the top two, or three, or four underdogs each day
    2. the top two, or three, or four favorites each day

    A blind bet as far as who is playing. Just wager based on ML.

    I do believe I will work up a spreadsheet to see if there would have been a financial gain from parlaying a specific set of games regularly. Probably a major waste of time, but I do love to play with numbers...

    Anybody curious?

     
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 9368
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 10:39 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Randisist:

    Parlays are the ONLY way to play... And NEVER under 5 games a ticket...

    Oh Man, am I in trouble now...

    But on to a serious note...

    Not being a parlay player myself... I wonder what the financial outcome would have been during the MLB season so far if someone had placed a parlay wager each day on:

    1. the top two, or three, or four underdogs each day
    2. the top two, or three, or four favorites each day

    A blind bet as far as who is playing. Just wager based on ML.

    I do believe I will work up a spreadsheet to see if there would have been a financial gain from parlaying a specific set of games regularly. Probably a major waste of time, but I do love to play with numbers...

    Anybody curious?


    the top 2 or 3 underdogs each day for baseball on the moneyline in which 20% of the people or less bet on.  does anyone question this is a money maker each and every single season?  But to parlay these 2 or 3 underdogs would be interesting to see what the loss/return would be  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Randisist:

    Parlays are the ONLY way to play... And NEVER under 5 games a ticket...

    Oh Man, am I in trouble now...

    But on to a serious note...

    Not being a parlay player myself... I wonder what the financial outcome would have been during the MLB season so far if someone had placed a parlay wager each day on:

    1. the top two, or three, or four underdogs each day
    2. the top two, or three, or four favorites each day

    A blind bet as far as who is playing. Just wager based on ML.

    I do believe I will work up a spreadsheet to see if there would have been a financial gain from parlaying a specific set of games regularly. Probably a major waste of time, but I do love to play with numbers...

    Anybody curious?


    the top 2 or 3 underdogs each day for baseball on the moneyline in which 20% of the people or less bet on.  does anyone question this is a money maker each and every single season?  But to parlay these 2 or 3 underdogs would be interesting to see what the loss/return would be  
     
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 9368
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 10:44 AM ET #8

    was talking about straight wagers but yeah to have someone else parlay them at certain times would be interesting also
    Reply
    was talking about straight wagers but yeah to have someone else parlay them at certain times would be interesting also
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 10:55 AM ET #9

    Parlays have their place.  I always consider them that one special tool in your toolbox.  It's one of those things you can work 100 days straight and never use that tool.  But when you need that one special tool, it is there waiting for you.

    Week 1 College Football.  I have ZERO clue.  Who does?  You have no idea how a bunch of kids are going to play the game on Week 1.  If you tell me you do, I'm calling BULLSHIIT.  Kids don't play like pros.

    So I decided to roll with a heavy money line parlay.  All are 3 TD favorites.  And I was never really in any serious trouble throughout the day.  Bottom line... It wins.  And you should NEVER kick a winner.

    Two weeks in a row it has worked for me.  Up 4 units to start the season and what is wrong with that?  I will now put that tool back in my toolbox.  It will come in handy again some time.


    Ticket Details : # 59857677-1
    Wager Type : Parlay (8 team)
    Wager Status : Win
    Risk / To Win Amount : 200.00 / 224.00(USD)
    Accepted : 8/29/2013 9:17PM - PST

    Won : 224.00Amount Paid : 424.00#1) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Maryland
    Time : 8/31/2013 9:30:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -1905
    #2) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Alabama
    Time : 8/31/2013 2:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1455
    Game Notes : (ESPN) Game played @ Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA
    #3) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Marshall
    Time : 8/31/2013 4:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -905
    Game Notes : (CBS)
    #4) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oklahoma State
    Time : 8/31/2013 12:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -515
    Game Notes : (ABC) TIME CHANGE - Game played @ Reliant Stadium - Houston, TX
    #5) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oklahoma
    Time : 8/31/2013 4:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1480
    #6) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Auburn
    Time : 8/31/2013 4:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -655
    #7) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : UCLA
    Time : 8/31/2013 7:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1450
    #8) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Louisville
    Time : 9/1/2013 12:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1240





    Ticket Details : # 60195112-1
    Wager Type : Parlay (10 team)
    Wager Status : Win
    Risk / To Win Amount : 350.00 / 166.76(USD)
    Accepted : 9/7/2013 6:19AM - PST

    Won : 166.76Amount Paid : 516.76#1) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Michigan State
    Time : 9/7/2013 9:00:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -1600
    Game Notes : (ESPNU)
    #2) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oklahoma State
    Time : 9/7/2013 9:00:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -3000
    Game Notes : (FS1)
    #3) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oklahoma
    Time : 9/7/2013 4:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1230
    Game Notes : (FOX) TIME CHANGE
    #4) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Ohio State
    Time : 9/7/2013 12:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -4500
    Game Notes : (ESPN2)
    #5) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oregon
    Time : 9/7/2013 12:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1800
    Game Notes : (ABC)
    #6) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Nebraska
    Time : 9/7/2013 3:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -6000
    Game Notes : (B10)
    #7) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Penn State
    Time : 9/7/2013 9:00:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -2000



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Parlays have their place.  I always consider them that one special tool in your toolbox.  It's one of those things you can work 100 days straight and never use that tool.  But when you need that one special tool, it is there waiting for you.

    Week 1 College Football.  I have ZERO clue.  Who does?  You have no idea how a bunch of kids are going to play the game on Week 1.  If you tell me you do, I'm calling BULLSHIIT.  Kids don't play like pros.

    So I decided to roll with a heavy money line parlay.  All are 3 TD favorites.  And I was never really in any serious trouble throughout the day.  Bottom line... It wins.  And you should NEVER kick a winner.

    Two weeks in a row it has worked for me.  Up 4 units to start the season and what is wrong with that?  I will now put that tool back in my toolbox.  It will come in handy again some time.


    Ticket Details : # 59857677-1
    Wager Type : Parlay (8 team)
    Wager Status : Win
    Risk / To Win Amount : 200.00 / 224.00(USD)
    Accepted : 8/29/2013 9:17PM - PST

    Won : 224.00Amount Paid : 424.00#1) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Maryland
    Time : 8/31/2013 9:30:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -1905
    #2) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Alabama
    Time : 8/31/2013 2:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1455
    Game Notes : (ESPN) Game played @ Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA
    #3) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Marshall
    Time : 8/31/2013 4:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -905
    Game Notes : (CBS)
    #4) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oklahoma State
    Time : 8/31/2013 12:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -515
    Game Notes : (ABC) TIME CHANGE - Game played @ Reliant Stadium - Houston, TX
    #5) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oklahoma
    Time : 8/31/2013 4:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1480
    #6) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Auburn
    Time : 8/31/2013 4:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -655
    #7) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : UCLA
    Time : 8/31/2013 7:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1450
    #8) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Louisville
    Time : 9/1/2013 12:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1240





    Ticket Details : # 60195112-1
    Wager Type : Parlay (10 team)
    Wager Status : Win
    Risk / To Win Amount : 350.00 / 166.76(USD)
    Accepted : 9/7/2013 6:19AM - PST

    Won : 166.76Amount Paid : 516.76#1) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Michigan State
    Time : 9/7/2013 9:00:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -1600
    Game Notes : (ESPNU)
    #2) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oklahoma State
    Time : 9/7/2013 9:00:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -3000
    Game Notes : (FS1)
    #3) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oklahoma
    Time : 9/7/2013 4:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1230
    Game Notes : (FOX) TIME CHANGE
    #4) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Ohio State
    Time : 9/7/2013 12:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -4500
    Game Notes : (ESPN2)
    #5) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Oregon
    Time : 9/7/2013 12:30:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -1800
    Game Notes : (ABC)
    #6) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Nebraska
    Time : 9/7/2013 3:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -6000
    Game Notes : (B10)
    #7) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Penn State
    Time : 9/7/2013 9:00:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -2000



     
    Randisist
    Randisist
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 3158
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 11:14 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Parlays have their place.  I always consider them that one special tool in your toolbox.





    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Parlays have their place.  I always consider them that one special tool in your toolbox.





     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 12:06 PM ET #11

    https://www.professionalgambler.com/parlays.html

    Of course, this assumes 3 bets at -110.  Bottom line is, it's always really about crunching the numbers.  
    Reply
    https://www.professionalgambler.com/parlays.html

    Of course, this assumes 3 bets at -110.  Bottom line is, it's always really about crunching the numbers.  
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 12:06 PM ET #12

    If you hit a few big parlays you'd probably be singing a different tune.
    Reply
    If you hit a few big parlays you'd probably be singing a different tune.
     
    gold6185
    gold6185
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1168
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 12:57 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

    If you hit a few big parlays you'd probably be singing a different tune.
    Whether you hit or not-it's simply a  tempting sucker bet. The bookies love people who bet them.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

    If you hit a few big parlays you'd probably be singing a different tune.
    Whether you hit or not-it's simply a  tempting sucker bet. The bookies love people who bet them.
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 1:57 PM ET #14

    Win or lose they are a bad bet, if you parlay 4 teams the payoff 10-1.If you flat bet 4 teams in progression the payoff would be 16-1. They have their place if you want to bet MNF side and total cause I'm not going to tell someone how much risk to take with their bankroll.
    Reply
    Win or lose they are a bad bet, if you parlay 4 teams the payoff 10-1.If you flat bet 4 teams in progression the payoff would be 16-1. They have their place if you want to bet MNF side and total cause I'm not going to tell someone how much risk to take with their bankroll.
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 2:46 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by gold6185:

    Whether you hit or not-it's simply a  tempting sucker bet. The bookies love people who bet them.

    A blanket statement that is not true.  Some parlays they love....others not so much.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gold6185:

    Whether you hit or not-it's simply a  tempting sucker bet. The bookies love people who bet them.

    A blanket statement that is not true.  Some parlays they love....others not so much.
     
    bill702
    bill702
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 2235
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 6:06 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Randisist:

    Parlays are the ONLY way to play... And NEVER under 5 games a ticket...

    Oh Man, am I in trouble now...

    But on to a serious note...

    Not being a parlay player myself... I wonder what the financial outcome would have been during the MLB season so far if someone had placed a parlay wager each day on:

    1. the top two, or three, or four underdogs each day
    2. the top two, or three, or four favorites each day

    A blind bet as far as who is playing. Just wager based on ML.

    I do believe I will work up a spreadsheet to see if there would have been a financial gain from parlaying a specific set of games regularly. Probably a major waste of time, but I do love to play with numbers...

    Anybody curious?

    I'm curious definitely. 

    Do you already have all the odds in a spreadsheet to make this easy, because that seems like a lot of work to do. 

    Or is there a site that I can export historical odds into excel? 

    Or are you just friggin around?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Randisist:

    Parlays are the ONLY way to play... And NEVER under 5 games a ticket...

    Oh Man, am I in trouble now...

    But on to a serious note...

    Not being a parlay player myself... I wonder what the financial outcome would have been during the MLB season so far if someone had placed a parlay wager each day on:

    1. the top two, or three, or four underdogs each day
    2. the top two, or three, or four favorites each day

    A blind bet as far as who is playing. Just wager based on ML.

    I do believe I will work up a spreadsheet to see if there would have been a financial gain from parlaying a specific set of games regularly. Probably a major waste of time, but I do love to play with numbers...

    Anybody curious?

    I'm curious definitely. 

    Do you already have all the odds in a spreadsheet to make this easy, because that seems like a lot of work to do. 

    Or is there a site that I can export historical odds into excel? 

    Or are you just friggin around?
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 6:22 PM ET #17

    Can I use your thread to post a bet ? OK ? Thanks.

    I'm parlaying the Charge +4.5 with the Skinheads -4. 40/104 

    Carry on please. 
    Reply
    Can I use your thread to post a bet ? OK ? Thanks.

    I'm parlaying the Charge +4.5 with the Skinheads -4. 40/104 

    Carry on please. 
     
    bill702
    bill702
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 2235
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 6:28 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Can I use your thread to post a bet ? OK ? Thanks.

    I'm parlaying the Charge +4.5 with the Skinheads -4. 40/104 

    Carry on please. 
    Oops, I parlayed eagles with the Texans. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Can I use your thread to post a bet ? OK ? Thanks.

    I'm parlaying the Charge +4.5 with the Skinheads -4. 40/104 

    Carry on please. 
    Oops, I parlayed eagles with the Texans. 
     
    Sharkysden
    Sharkysden
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2003
    Posts: 3722
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 7:01 PM ET #19

    I love parlays but I take all my games straight then put them all in a small parlay in case I sweep.  

    I was a parlay runner as a teenager.  I'd pick up the tickets every Tuesday and they had to be back in by Thursday.   I got paid 25% of all bets, that should give you an idea of how much the book makes on those tickets.  

    They pretty much bank on nobody winning.  
    Reply
    I love parlays but I take all my games straight then put them all in a small parlay in case I sweep.  

    I was a parlay runner as a teenager.  I'd pick up the tickets every Tuesday and they had to be back in by Thursday.   I got paid 25% of all bets, that should give you an idea of how much the book makes on those tickets.  

    They pretty much bank on nobody winning.  
     
    Randisist
    Randisist
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 3158
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 7:12 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by bill702:

    I'm curious definitely. 

    Do you already have all the odds in a spreadsheet to make this easy, because that seems like a lot of work to do. 

    Or is there a site that I can export historical odds into excel? 

    Or are you just friggin around?


    I don't have all the odds on a spreadsheet yet...

    I am actually in the middle of getting them from here. I go to:
    https://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/teams.html
    click on each team
    click the Past Results tab
    change the drop down to 2012 (which automatically changes the results to 2012)
    I highlight the data, click copy and text paste into Excel.
    then using a couple of macros I have written and some formulas I can easily massage the data. The only formula I will need is how to calculate a parlay which should take about 2 minutes to Google.

    You are right about it being a lot of work... But I enjoy working with Excel and could happily spend the day working with spreadsheets to see what would happen if I looked at the data one way and then another. When I am working with Excel hours become minutes...

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bill702:

    I'm curious definitely. 

    Do you already have all the odds in a spreadsheet to make this easy, because that seems like a lot of work to do. 

    Or is there a site that I can export historical odds into excel? 

    Or are you just friggin around?


    I don't have all the odds on a spreadsheet yet...

    I am actually in the middle of getting them from here. I go to:
    https://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/teams/teams.html
    click on each team
    click the Past Results tab
    change the drop down to 2012 (which automatically changes the results to 2012)
    I highlight the data, click copy and text paste into Excel.
    then using a couple of macros I have written and some formulas I can easily massage the data. The only formula I will need is how to calculate a parlay which should take about 2 minutes to Google.

    You are right about it being a lot of work... But I enjoy working with Excel and could happily spend the day working with spreadsheets to see what would happen if I looked at the data one way and then another. When I am working with Excel hours become minutes...

     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 7:19 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by bill702:

    Oops, I parlayed eagles with the Texans. 

    You may win. I may not. I definitely don't like Houston tonite, but the Eagles could be a surprise... No, I don't think so. I just think we have too big an NFL coaching mismatch between Shanny and Chip.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bill702:

    Oops, I parlayed eagles with the Texans. 

    You may win. I may not. I definitely don't like Houston tonite, but the Eagles could be a surprise... No, I don't think so. I just think we have too big an NFL coaching mismatch between Shanny and Chip.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 7:44 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkysden:

    I love parlays but I take all my games straight then put them all in a small parlay in case I sweep.  

    I was a parlay runner as a teenager.  I'd pick up the tickets every Tuesday and they had to be back in by Thursday.   I got paid 25% of all bets, that should give you an idea of how much the book makes on those tickets.  

    They pretty much bank on nobody winning.  



    You old-time degenerate. LOL

    Football tickets... Every line was a 3 a 4 or a 7 and ties lost.



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkysden:

    I love parlays but I take all my games straight then put them all in a small parlay in case I sweep.  

    I was a parlay runner as a teenager.  I'd pick up the tickets every Tuesday and they had to be back in by Thursday.   I got paid 25% of all bets, that should give you an idea of how much the book makes on those tickets.  

    They pretty much bank on nobody winning.  



    You old-time degenerate. LOL

    Football tickets... Every line was a 3 a 4 or a 7 and ties lost.



     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 8:18 PM ET #23

    I've done very well with ML parlays in the past.

    Reply

    I've done very well with ML parlays in the past.

     
    ChemicalAli
    ChemicalAli
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 299
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 9:23 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Can I use your thread to post a bet ? OK ? Thanks.

    I'm parlaying the Charge +4.5 with the Skinheads -4. 40/104 

    Carry on please. 

    YOU JUST LOST!!! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Can I use your thread to post a bet ? OK ? Thanks.

    I'm parlaying the Charge +4.5 with the Skinheads -4. 40/104 

    Carry on please. 

    YOU JUST LOST!!! 
     
     
    ChemicalAli
    ChemicalAli
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 299
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2013 - 9:25 PM ET #25

    PARLAYS ARE FOR SUCKERS.

    I DON'T KNOW ONE PERSON WHO BETS (10K OR LARGER) TO PARLAY....\

    YOU MAY WIN TODAY, BUT YOU WILL GIVE IT BACK TOMORROW, STRAIGHT IS WHERE IT'S AT.
    Reply
    PARLAYS ARE FOR SUCKERS.

    I DON'T KNOW ONE PERSON WHO BETS (10K OR LARGER) TO PARLAY....\

    YOU MAY WIN TODAY, BUT YOU WILL GIVE IT BACK TOMORROW, STRAIGHT IS WHERE IT'S AT.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,953
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,204
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,842
    • PART DEUX 298
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,302
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 513
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,009
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,476
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 3,396
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,617

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.