• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 123 ... 303132 Next Last»
    BWS77
    begginerboy
    Kidmancer
    JumpinJeremy55
    LRM704
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 123 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 10:02 PM ET #726

    Only 4.6 Units on the final Van?   Don't you remember the Covers betting rule of "the bigger the game, the bigger the bet"?





    Awesome stuff.  Thanks for all the work   
    Reply
    Only 4.6 Units on the final Van?   Don't you remember the Covers betting rule of "the bigger the game, the bigger the bet"?





    Awesome stuff.  Thanks for all the work   
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 10:16 PM ET #727

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    France / Croatia.....

    If you would have told me these two teams would have met in the final at the beginning of the tournament, I think I would have been pissed that I don't have any future money on either.  I missed France at 9-1 (but posted it) at the beginning of the knockouts, and I eyeballed Croatia at 40-1 at the beginning.  If you go back to page 1 of this thread, I included Croatia in the second group of teams that had a chance to win, although I think they are in big trouble here.

    Lets talk about the obvious first....  Croatia will be asked to play what amounts to their 5th game in 15 days.  That is a lot - no matter what they players say - or what the press says.  Will it be the deciding factor?  I doubt it, but it leads in to what France will likely do - which is move Croatia from side to side and put some miles on their legs.

    France gameplan against Belgium was pretty flawless.  They isolated Nacer Chadli as the weak Belgian link, and like in NBA or NFL - they said if Nacer Chadli can beat us - go ahead - but we are going to cover all the rest of your stars.  Check out the following passing map from the Belgium / France match - and keep in mind that Nacer Chadli is a guy who played on the worst team in the EPL, and barely got on to the field - you think France knew all of this?

    It is the 4th image in the series.....

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186

    That is surely not the shape that Martinez wanted for Belgium - but it is the shape that France forced on them.

    Why could France do this?  Because of their dominating midfield.  Kante for me might be the best player of the tournament, and Pogba and Matiuidi have been nothing short of excellent also.  Matuidi was out on his feet at the end of the last match - but everything points to him playing tomorrow.

    Croatia's midfield has been arguably right there with France when it comes to their success - maybe even more important.  Rakitic, Modric, and Brozovic have been spectacular at controlling games the same way France has.

    But where they differ is in speed of passing and pace of runners - and Croatia really struggled in the first half against England with pace.  Vida and Lovren were in last man situations several times with speedy England moves - and Mbappe and Greizman should have lots of success making outside in moves.  I fully expect Giroud to continue to be a hold up guy - not really concerned if he scores or not - just interested in him feeding or starting moves that will involve Greizman and Mbappe.  If Croatia play anything resembling a high line - which they flirted with in the first half against England - they are toast.

    I fully expect France to isolate Strinic on the left side - in the same way they did with Chadli on the right.  He is the weak link.  Go ahead and beat us Strinic - but you are going to have to possess the ball in your own half and beat us down the flanks - because your midfield is going to be unavailable to you.  This is not only a good defensive strategy for France - but the turnovers it creates unleashes the quick passing and pace that should prove Croatias downfall.

    France have only conceded in 2 out of 6 games so far.  Their defenders are good - not great - but with Kante acting as basically a 5th defender when under attack - they are stellar.

    This is a bit of an unusual match in that there are two old school traditional strikers on the pitch - who will be largely playing the same role - hold up play and feed teammates and clean up anything that presents itself.

    France lost the final 2 years ago against Portugal at home in the Euros, and I rarely give these things much importance - but I like having the side that is focused for sure.  They are not going to take anything for granted here - they have a second shot and if they lose - it wont be because they took Croatia lightly.  

    I am going to take a chance on a multiple goal win tomorrow.  Feel free to bet France at -.5 instead of what I am doing.  I think there is a decent chance that France rolls them.  I think they score early, which will cause Croatia to chase - and the fatigue catches up with them and France piles on late.

    France -.5 -105 (90 minutes) (2.625 units to win 2.5)
    France -1 +190 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 3.8)

    Predicted final France 3-0

    GL all.



    I see you have added a psychological angle to your analysis! Needless to say, I agree. Thanks for all the hard work. And good luck to us all.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    France / Croatia.....

    If you would have told me these two teams would have met in the final at the beginning of the tournament, I think I would have been pissed that I don't have any future money on either.  I missed France at 9-1 (but posted it) at the beginning of the knockouts, and I eyeballed Croatia at 40-1 at the beginning.  If you go back to page 1 of this thread, I included Croatia in the second group of teams that had a chance to win, although I think they are in big trouble here.

    Lets talk about the obvious first....  Croatia will be asked to play what amounts to their 5th game in 15 days.  That is a lot - no matter what they players say - or what the press says.  Will it be the deciding factor?  I doubt it, but it leads in to what France will likely do - which is move Croatia from side to side and put some miles on their legs.

    France gameplan against Belgium was pretty flawless.  They isolated Nacer Chadli as the weak Belgian link, and like in NBA or NFL - they said if Nacer Chadli can beat us - go ahead - but we are going to cover all the rest of your stars.  Check out the following passing map from the Belgium / France match - and keep in mind that Nacer Chadli is a guy who played on the worst team in the EPL, and barely got on to the field - you think France knew all of this?

    It is the 4th image in the series.....

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186

    That is surely not the shape that Martinez wanted for Belgium - but it is the shape that France forced on them.

    Why could France do this?  Because of their dominating midfield.  Kante for me might be the best player of the tournament, and Pogba and Matiuidi have been nothing short of excellent also.  Matuidi was out on his feet at the end of the last match - but everything points to him playing tomorrow.

    Croatia's midfield has been arguably right there with France when it comes to their success - maybe even more important.  Rakitic, Modric, and Brozovic have been spectacular at controlling games the same way France has.

    But where they differ is in speed of passing and pace of runners - and Croatia really struggled in the first half against England with pace.  Vida and Lovren were in last man situations several times with speedy England moves - and Mbappe and Greizman should have lots of success making outside in moves.  I fully expect Giroud to continue to be a hold up guy - not really concerned if he scores or not - just interested in him feeding or starting moves that will involve Greizman and Mbappe.  If Croatia play anything resembling a high line - which they flirted with in the first half against England - they are toast.

    I fully expect France to isolate Strinic on the left side - in the same way they did with Chadli on the right.  He is the weak link.  Go ahead and beat us Strinic - but you are going to have to possess the ball in your own half and beat us down the flanks - because your midfield is going to be unavailable to you.  This is not only a good defensive strategy for France - but the turnovers it creates unleashes the quick passing and pace that should prove Croatias downfall.

    France have only conceded in 2 out of 6 games so far.  Their defenders are good - not great - but with Kante acting as basically a 5th defender when under attack - they are stellar.

    This is a bit of an unusual match in that there are two old school traditional strikers on the pitch - who will be largely playing the same role - hold up play and feed teammates and clean up anything that presents itself.

    France lost the final 2 years ago against Portugal at home in the Euros, and I rarely give these things much importance - but I like having the side that is focused for sure.  They are not going to take anything for granted here - they have a second shot and if they lose - it wont be because they took Croatia lightly.  

    I am going to take a chance on a multiple goal win tomorrow.  Feel free to bet France at -.5 instead of what I am doing.  I think there is a decent chance that France rolls them.  I think they score early, which will cause Croatia to chase - and the fatigue catches up with them and France piles on late.

    France -.5 -105 (90 minutes) (2.625 units to win 2.5)
    France -1 +190 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 3.8)

    Predicted final France 3-0

    GL all.



    I see you have added a psychological angle to your analysis! Needless to say, I agree. Thanks for all the hard work. And good luck to us all.
     
    Kidmancer
    Kidmancer
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 159
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 10:58 PM ET #728

    Van, Appreciate all the hard works for this thread, helps a lot of rookie for soccer! Already up for the whole 1 month tourney but well, all we want is to win the last bet of the world cup which is the france! Again win or lose thanks for picks and looking forward on your next thread maybe Copa 2019 or Euro 2020. Well hopefully we see some nfl and other soccer threads. Best of luck and lets get that france a winner! an_cheers

    Reply

    Van, Appreciate all the hard works for this thread, helps a lot of rookie for soccer! Already up for the whole 1 month tourney but well, all we want is to win the last bet of the world cup which is the france! Again win or lose thanks for picks and looking forward on your next thread maybe Copa 2019 or Euro 2020. Well hopefully we see some nfl and other soccer threads. Best of luck and lets get that france a winner! an_cheers

     
    JumpinJeremy55
    JumpinJeremy55
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 3094
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 11:02 PM ET #729

    french midfield thugs n'golo and paul will ensure french glory 

    j
    Reply

    french midfield thugs n'golo and paul will ensure french glory 

     
    LRM704
    LRM704
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2002
    Posts: 11548
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:41 AM ET #730

    Thank you to all of you guys that shared on this World Cup. peace_5 Don't know my ass from a hole in the wall in this sport.  College football can't get here fast enough  peace 

    Reply

    Thank you to all of you guys that shared on this World Cup. peace_5 Don't know my ass from a hole in the wall in this sport.  College football can't get here fast enough  peace 

     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:08 AM ET #731

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    Only 4.6 Units on the final Van?   Don't you remember the Covers betting rule of "the bigger the game, the bigger the bet"?Awesome stuff.  Thanks for all the work

     

    Someone please explain the rationale of this rule for us lay men?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    Only 4.6 Units on the final Van?   Don't you remember the Covers betting rule of "the bigger the game, the bigger the bet"?Awesome stuff.  Thanks for all the work

     

    Someone please explain the rationale of this rule for us lay men?

     
    BIGDTITLE
    BIGDTITLE
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 26914
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:23 AM ET #732

    Titus,

    he's being sarcastic


    Reply
    Titus,

    he's being sarcastic


     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:33 AM ET #733

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

    Titus,he's being sarcastic

     

    an_brick

    ;)

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

    Titus,he's being sarcastic

     

    an_brick

    ;)

     
    U812
    U812
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 681
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 3:35 AM ET #734

    Thankyou and good luck to us!

    Reply

    Thankyou and good luck to us!

     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 8:52 AM ET #735

    Van I think the two midfields are a bit more closely matched and that Croatia nets one at some point. So although I am on France in 90 I am not as confident as you are, biting my nails a bit (until we see how play unfolds) and I hope you're right.

    too bad this is all coming to and, feels like the last day of an awesome vacation, everyone sad to have to pack, get on the plane and leave this paradise that should happen every 3 years instead of 4.

    USA a lot easier to get to than Brazil, South Africa and Qatar in 4. Maybe see you then...

    Once again awesome insight, thanks for the analysis and let's get this today.

    LES BLEUS!!!!
    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply
    Van I think the two midfields are a bit more closely matched and that Croatia nets one at some point. So although I am on France in 90 I am not as confident as you are, biting my nails a bit (until we see how play unfolds) and I hope you're right.

    too bad this is all coming to and, feels like the last day of an awesome vacation, everyone sad to have to pack, get on the plane and leave this paradise that should happen every 3 years instead of 4.

    USA a lot easier to get to than Brazil, South Africa and Qatar in 4. Maybe see you then...

    Once again awesome insight, thanks for the analysis and let's get this today.

    LES BLEUS!!!!
     
    DiamondJack
    DiamondJack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 44985
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 9:53 AM ET #736

    Great Job Van
    Reply
    Great Job Van
     
    easymoney8474
    easymoney8474
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 1132
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 10:04 AM ET #737

    $ pouring in on Croatia down to +320

     

    Is that a significant move from +425 was the highest I saw. I think it is.  She it at +300 20 min ago

    Reply

    $ pouring in on Croatia down to +320

     

    Is that a significant move from +425 was the highest I saw. I think it is.  She it at +300 20 min ago

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 10:08 AM ET #738

    Quote Originally Posted by easymoney8474:

    $ pouring in on Croatia down to +320

     

    Is that a significant move from +425 was the highest I saw. I think it is.  She it at +300 20 min ago


    Late money is definitely on Croatia.

    You can easily get +115 now for France in 90.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by easymoney8474:

    $ pouring in on Croatia down to +320

     

    Is that a significant move from +425 was the highest I saw. I think it is.  She it at +300 20 min ago


    Late money is definitely on Croatia.

    You can easily get +115 now for France in 90.

     
    Courtesy_Flush
    Courtesy_Flush
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 10:34 AM ET #739

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by easymoney8474:

    $ pouring in on Croatia down to +320   Is that a significant move from +425 was the highest I saw. I think it is.  She it at +300 20 min ago
    Late money is definitely on Croatia.You can easily get +115 now for France in 90.

    I think this is public money moving the line down. Final game and public want a bigger return on their bet. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by easymoney8474:

    $ pouring in on Croatia down to +320   Is that a significant move from +425 was the highest I saw. I think it is.  She it at +300 20 min ago
    Late money is definitely on Croatia.You can easily get +115 now for France in 90.

    I think this is public money moving the line down. Final game and public want a bigger return on their bet. 

     
    cd329
    cd329
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 23755
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 10:42 AM ET #740

    Van or somebody, could you explain the difference in these 2 lines?

    I have france minus 1/2 +105 on the spreadline and i have france +110 on the money line.  My question is why take france minus 1/2.

    I dont bet soccer and dont understand the advantage of playing the spreadline over the money line.  If the game draws, you are gonna lose either bet, right?  so why take 5 dollars less on every hundred.  what am i missing?
    Thanks
    cd
    Reply
    Van or somebody, could you explain the difference in these 2 lines?

    I have france minus 1/2 +105 on the spreadline and i have france +110 on the money line.  My question is why take france minus 1/2.

    I dont bet soccer and dont understand the advantage of playing the spreadline over the money line.  If the game draws, you are gonna lose either bet, right?  so why take 5 dollars less on every hundred.  what am i missing?
    Thanks
    cd
     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 10:47 AM ET #741

    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:

    Van or somebody, could you explain the difference in these 2 lines?I have france minus 1/2 +105 on the spreadline and i have france +110 on the money line.  My question is why take france minus 1/2.I dont bet soccer and dont understand the advantage of playing the spreadline over the money line.  If the game draws, you are gonna lose either bet, right?  so why take 5 dollars less on every hundred.  what am i missing?Thankscd
    same bet take +110,this is asked and answered 100 times a year. The pools of money are separate so some times there is a few dollars worth of discrepancy.

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:

    Van or somebody, could you explain the difference in these 2 lines?I have france minus 1/2 +105 on the spreadline and i have france +110 on the money line.  My question is why take france minus 1/2.I dont bet soccer and dont understand the advantage of playing the spreadline over the money line.  If the game draws, you are gonna lose either bet, right?  so why take 5 dollars less on every hundred.  what am i missing?Thankscd
    same bet take +110,this is asked and answered 100 times a year. The pools of money are separate so some times there is a few dollars worth of discrepancy.

     
    cd329
    cd329
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 23755
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 10:52 AM ET #742

    Quote Originally Posted by barneybeans:

    same bet take +110,this is asked and answered 100 times a year. The pools of money are separate so some times there is a few dollars worth of discrepancy.


    Thanks for the help Barney.  I never bet soccer, so would have never seen the answer.  Thanks again
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by barneybeans:

    same bet take +110,this is asked and answered 100 times a year. The pools of money are separate so some times there is a few dollars worth of discrepancy.


    Thanks for the help Barney.  I never bet soccer, so would have never seen the answer.  Thanks again
     
    Doubleadownon12
    Doubleadownon12
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2017
    Posts: 3278
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 11:25 AM ET #743

    That was not a foul on Griezman, he pulled a NNeymar. So far every call going France's way as you would expect.

    Reply

    That was not a foul on Griezman, he pulled a NNeymar. So far every call going France's way as you would expect.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 11:51 AM ET #744

    Croatia is really hard done by in that first half.  On the balance of play, they deserve to be ahead, if at least not even.

    France is all over the place.  No gameplan.  No organization.  They haven't dealt with the Croatian press at all, and can't string together any passes - it has been all longballs.

    I hate the set pieces at this tournament.  France goal, Croatia goal, Handball for PK, and PK all set pieces.

    France must make adjustments or else they will be at risk in the second half.

    Definitely not at all what I expected, and although I am winning my bet, it is undeserved at this point.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Croatia is really hard done by in that first half.  On the balance of play, they deserve to be ahead, if at least not even.

    France is all over the place.  No gameplan.  No organization.  They haven't dealt with the Croatian press at all, and can't string together any passes - it has been all longballs.

    I hate the set pieces at this tournament.  France goal, Croatia goal, Handball for PK, and PK all set pieces.

    France must make adjustments or else they will be at risk in the second half.

    Definitely not at all what I expected, and although I am winning my bet, it is undeserved at this point.

     
    dallasm
    dallasm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 11:56 AM ET #745

    Van what’s your opinion on 2nd half over 1 -140?
    Reply
    Van what’s your opinion on 2nd half over 1 -140?
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:00 PM ET #746

    Completely agree, Vanz. No game plan no nothing. It feels like France is hanging on just like England. Sharp money coming in on Croats must have known something. 
    Reply
    Completely agree, Vanz. No game plan no nothing. It feels like France is hanging on just like England. Sharp money coming in on Croats must have known something. 
     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:08 PM ET #747

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Croatia is really hard done by in that first half.  On the balance of play, they deserve to be ahead, if at least not even.France is all over the place.  No gameplan.  No organization.  They haven't dealt with the Croatian press at all, and can't string together any passes - it has been all longballs.I hate the set pieces at this tournament.  France goal, Croatia goal, Handball for PK, and PK all set pieces.France must make adjustments or else they will be at risk in the second half.Definitely not at all what I expected, and although I am winning my bet, it is undeserved at this point.

    2nd half has started with the same mometum for Croatia... does croatia get the equalizer, does france hit on the counter... France's lack of composure on the ball in 2H is shocking

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Croatia is really hard done by in that first half.  On the balance of play, they deserve to be ahead, if at least not even.France is all over the place.  No gameplan.  No organization.  They haven't dealt with the Croatian press at all, and can't string together any passes - it has been all longballs.I hate the set pieces at this tournament.  France goal, Croatia goal, Handball for PK, and PK all set pieces.France must make adjustments or else they will be at risk in the second half.Definitely not at all what I expected, and although I am winning my bet, it is undeserved at this point.

    2nd half has started with the same mometum for Croatia... does croatia get the equalizer, does france hit on the counter... France's lack of composure on the ball in 2H is shocking

     
    nostradumbass
    nostradumbass
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 445
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:13 PM ET #748

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Croatia is really hard done by in that first half.  On the balance of play, they deserve to be ahead, if at least not even.France is all over the place.  No gameplan.  No organization.  They haven't dealt with the Croatian press at all, and can't string together any passes - it has been all longballs.I hate the set pieces at this tournament.  France goal, Croatia goal, Handball for PK, and PK all set pieces.France must make adjustments or else they will be at risk in the second half.Definitely not at all what I expected, and although I am winning my bet, it is undeserved at this point.

     

    I have Croatia so I totally respect that because I am ready to blow a gasket! Basically every penalty kick has gone against me during this tourney! sad 

    Anyway I think, with all the technology we have they should calculate the chance of scoring when they award a penalty... I am sure they could figure out some algorithm or something there because most times (except when they missed a clear trip on basically a Swedish breakaway vs Germany... which is the epitome of a PK) PK's are a flopping joke!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Croatia is really hard done by in that first half.  On the balance of play, they deserve to be ahead, if at least not even.France is all over the place.  No gameplan.  No organization.  They haven't dealt with the Croatian press at all, and can't string together any passes - it has been all longballs.I hate the set pieces at this tournament.  France goal, Croatia goal, Handball for PK, and PK all set pieces.France must make adjustments or else they will be at risk in the second half.Definitely not at all what I expected, and although I am winning my bet, it is undeserved at this point.

     

    I have Croatia so I totally respect that because I am ready to blow a gasket! Basically every penalty kick has gone against me during this tourney! sad 

    Anyway I think, with all the technology we have they should calculate the chance of scoring when they award a penalty... I am sure they could figure out some algorithm or something there because most times (except when they missed a clear trip on basically a Swedish breakaway vs Germany... which is the epitome of a PK) PK's are a flopping joke!

     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:14 PM ET #749

    I will say that Pogba through ball to mBappe on the counter is precisely their game plan to get one against the run of play

     

    Why would you ever take Kante out... I guess the yellow card but wow

    Reply

    I will say that Pogba through ball to mBappe on the counter is precisely their game plan to get one against the run of play

     

    Why would you ever take Kante out... I guess the yellow card but wow

     
     
    Courtesy_Flush
    Courtesy_Flush
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:23 PM ET #750

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    Completely agree, Vanz. No game plan no nothing. It feels like France is hanging on just like England. Sharp money coming in on Croats must have known something.

    bb, like I stated earlier, to me it was square money. Someone in this thread already made a comment about how line movement is likely square money. I found it and I'll put the comment below.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordzud:

    Thanks my man, great pick. Line movement in world cup soccer doesn't mean very much because so much of the betting comes from squares. In sports where sharp whales are a large proportion of the total bets made it means a lot more. A toast to VAN

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    Completely agree, Vanz. No game plan no nothing. It feels like France is hanging on just like England. Sharp money coming in on Croats must have known something.

    bb, like I stated earlier, to me it was square money. Someone in this thread already made a comment about how line movement is likely square money. I found it and I'll put the comment below.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordzud:

    Thanks my man, great pick. Line movement in world cup soccer doesn't mean very much because so much of the betting comes from squares. In sports where sharp whales are a large proportion of the total bets made it means a lot more. A toast to VAN

    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 123 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,322
    • Friday 10/02/2026 902
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,200
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,711
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,119
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,758
    • PART DEUX 224
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,247
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,742

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.