• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 123 ... 303132 Next Last»
    Courtesy_Flush
    vanzack
    arkadymo
    midnightprowl
    NoodleArmHCG
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 123 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    Courtesy_Flush
    Courtesy_Flush
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:27 PM ET #751

    Mbappe first teenager to score in the WC since some footballer named Pele 

    Reply

    Mbappe first teenager to score in the WC since some footballer named Pele 

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:55 PM ET #752

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    France / Croatia.....

    If you would have told me these two teams would have met in the final at the beginning of the tournament, I think I would have been pissed that I don't have any future money on either.  I missed France at 9-1 (but posted it) at the beginning of the knockouts, and I eyeballed Croatia at 40-1 at the beginning.  If you go back to page 1 of this thread, I included Croatia in the second group of teams that had a chance to win, although I think they are in big trouble here.

    Lets talk about the obvious first....  Croatia will be asked to play what amounts to their 5th game in 15 days.  That is a lot - no matter what they players say - or what the press says.  Will it be the deciding factor?  I doubt it, but it leads in to what France will likely do - which is move Croatia from side to side and put some miles on their legs.

    France gameplan against Belgium was pretty flawless.  They isolated Nacer Chadli as the weak Belgian link, and like in NBA or NFL - they said if Nacer Chadli can beat us - go ahead - but we are going to cover all the rest of your stars.  Check out the following passing map from the Belgium / France match - and keep in mind that Nacer Chadli is a guy who played on the worst team in the EPL, and barely got on to the field - you think France knew all of this?

    It is the 4th image in the series.....

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186

    That is surely not the shape that Martinez wanted for Belgium - but it is the shape that France forced on them.

    Why could France do this?  Because of their dominating midfield.  Kante for me might be the best player of the tournament, and Pogba and Matiuidi have been nothing short of excellent also.  Matuidi was out on his feet at the end of the last match - but everything points to him playing tomorrow.

    Croatia's midfield has been arguably right there with France when it comes to their success - maybe even more important.  Rakitic, Modric, and Brozovic have been spectacular at controlling games the same way France has.

    But where they differ is in speed of passing and pace of runners - and Croatia really struggled in the first half against England with pace.  Vida and Lovren were in last man situations several times with speedy England moves - and Mbappe and Greizman should have lots of success making outside in moves.  I fully expect Giroud to continue to be a hold up guy - not really concerned if he scores or not - just interested in him feeding or starting moves that will involve Greizman and Mbappe.  If Croatia play anything resembling a high line - which they flirted with in the first half against England - they are toast.

    I fully expect France to isolate Strinic on the left side - in the same way they did with Chadli on the right.  He is the weak link.  Go ahead and beat us Strinic - but you are going to have to possess the ball in your own half and beat us down the flanks - because your midfield is going to be unavailable to you.  This is not only a good defensive strategy for France - but the turnovers it creates unleashes the quick passing and pace that should prove Croatias downfall.

    France have only conceded in 2 out of 6 games so far.  Their defenders are good - not great - but with Kante acting as basically a 5th defender when under attack - they are stellar.

    This is a bit of an unusual match in that there are two old school traditional strikers on the pitch - who will be largely playing the same role - hold up play and feed teammates and clean up anything that presents itself.

    France lost the final 2 years ago against Portugal at home in the Euros, and I rarely give these things much importance - but I like having the side that is focused for sure.  They are not going to take anything for granted here - they have a second shot and if they lose - it wont be because they took Croatia lightly.  

    I am going to take a chance on a multiple goal win tomorrow.  Feel free to bet France at -.5 instead of what I am doing.  I think there is a decent chance that France rolls them.  I think they score early, which will cause Croatia to chase - and the fatigue catches up with them and France piles on late.

    France -.5 -105 (90 minutes) (2.625 units to win 2.5)
    France -1 +190 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 3.8)

    Predicted final France 3-0

    GL all.



    Total garbage writeup.  

    France very fortunate to win.

    You gotta take your lucky wins when you can - but Croatia deserved much better.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    France / Croatia.....

    If you would have told me these two teams would have met in the final at the beginning of the tournament, I think I would have been pissed that I don't have any future money on either.  I missed France at 9-1 (but posted it) at the beginning of the knockouts, and I eyeballed Croatia at 40-1 at the beginning.  If you go back to page 1 of this thread, I included Croatia in the second group of teams that had a chance to win, although I think they are in big trouble here.

    Lets talk about the obvious first....  Croatia will be asked to play what amounts to their 5th game in 15 days.  That is a lot - no matter what they players say - or what the press says.  Will it be the deciding factor?  I doubt it, but it leads in to what France will likely do - which is move Croatia from side to side and put some miles on their legs.

    France gameplan against Belgium was pretty flawless.  They isolated Nacer Chadli as the weak Belgian link, and like in NBA or NFL - they said if Nacer Chadli can beat us - go ahead - but we are going to cover all the rest of your stars.  Check out the following passing map from the Belgium / France match - and keep in mind that Nacer Chadli is a guy who played on the worst team in the EPL, and barely got on to the field - you think France knew all of this?

    It is the 4th image in the series.....

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186

    That is surely not the shape that Martinez wanted for Belgium - but it is the shape that France forced on them.

    Why could France do this?  Because of their dominating midfield.  Kante for me might be the best player of the tournament, and Pogba and Matiuidi have been nothing short of excellent also.  Matuidi was out on his feet at the end of the last match - but everything points to him playing tomorrow.

    Croatia's midfield has been arguably right there with France when it comes to their success - maybe even more important.  Rakitic, Modric, and Brozovic have been spectacular at controlling games the same way France has.

    But where they differ is in speed of passing and pace of runners - and Croatia really struggled in the first half against England with pace.  Vida and Lovren were in last man situations several times with speedy England moves - and Mbappe and Greizman should have lots of success making outside in moves.  I fully expect Giroud to continue to be a hold up guy - not really concerned if he scores or not - just interested in him feeding or starting moves that will involve Greizman and Mbappe.  If Croatia play anything resembling a high line - which they flirted with in the first half against England - they are toast.

    I fully expect France to isolate Strinic on the left side - in the same way they did with Chadli on the right.  He is the weak link.  Go ahead and beat us Strinic - but you are going to have to possess the ball in your own half and beat us down the flanks - because your midfield is going to be unavailable to you.  This is not only a good defensive strategy for France - but the turnovers it creates unleashes the quick passing and pace that should prove Croatias downfall.

    France have only conceded in 2 out of 6 games so far.  Their defenders are good - not great - but with Kante acting as basically a 5th defender when under attack - they are stellar.

    This is a bit of an unusual match in that there are two old school traditional strikers on the pitch - who will be largely playing the same role - hold up play and feed teammates and clean up anything that presents itself.

    France lost the final 2 years ago against Portugal at home in the Euros, and I rarely give these things much importance - but I like having the side that is focused for sure.  They are not going to take anything for granted here - they have a second shot and if they lose - it wont be because they took Croatia lightly.  

    I am going to take a chance on a multiple goal win tomorrow.  Feel free to bet France at -.5 instead of what I am doing.  I think there is a decent chance that France rolls them.  I think they score early, which will cause Croatia to chase - and the fatigue catches up with them and France piles on late.

    France -.5 -105 (90 minutes) (2.625 units to win 2.5)
    France -1 +190 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 3.8)

    Predicted final France 3-0

    GL all.



    Total garbage writeup.  

    France very fortunate to win.

    You gotta take your lucky wins when you can - but Croatia deserved much better.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:57 PM ET #753

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

    I will say that Pogba through ball to mBappe on the counter is precisely their game plan to get one against the run of play

     

    Why would you ever take Kante out... I guess the yellow card but wow


    I was thinking the same thing when they subbed Kante - but the sub actually worked.  Kante defends deeper than Nzonzi - so I assume they wanted to cut off some of the midfield success Croatia was having higher up the pitch.

    Either way, all the second half goals came after the sub.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

    I will say that Pogba through ball to mBappe on the counter is precisely their game plan to get one against the run of play

     

    Why would you ever take Kante out... I guess the yellow card but wow


    I was thinking the same thing when they subbed Kante - but the sub actually worked.  Kante defends deeper than Nzonzi - so I assume they wanted to cut off some of the midfield success Croatia was having higher up the pitch.

    Either way, all the second half goals came after the sub.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 12:59 PM ET #754

    One of the few things I predicted that actually happened in this match was Lloris.  I said it somewhere earlier in this thread that I don't trust him and he is prone to howlers.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    One of the few things I predicted that actually happened in this match was Lloris.  I said it somewhere earlier in this thread that I don't trust him and he is prone to howlers.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:01 PM ET #755

    Final WC through the final.....

    OVERALL RECORD:   Up 74.755  Down 53.4

    Future Bets: 
    Up 3.17  Down 2

    Game Bets: 
    Current Record - UP 70.585  Down 51.4
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Final WC through the final.....

    OVERALL RECORD:   Up 74.755  Down 53.4

    Future Bets: 
    Up 3.17  Down 2

    Game Bets: 
    Current Record - UP 70.585  Down 51.4
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:02 PM ET #756

    It has been a very fun month, sorry to see it end.

    Only another month until club season and another month until NFL.

    GL to everyone.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    It has been a very fun month, sorry to see it end.

    Only another month until club season and another month until NFL.

    GL to everyone.

     
    arkadymo
    arkadymo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 5107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:24 PM ET #757

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    It has been a very fun month, sorry to see it end.Only another month until club season and another month until NFL.GL to everyone.

     

    Van, incredible World Cup - great job.

    Hope to see you on here more often come club season.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    It has been a very fun month, sorry to see it end.Only another month until club season and another month until NFL.GL to everyone.

     

    Van, incredible World Cup - great job.

    Hope to see you on here more often come club season.

     
    midnightprowl
    midnightprowl
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 8779
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:25 PM ET #758

    Van,
    Just want to say thank you
    I had France to win world cup when it was $10.00 for $2K
    I was about to hedge but saw you and diamond jack was on france. Decided add more on france -1.
    Must admit it was lucky win but i knew france would win once they survived onslaught

    Thanks for ur input
    Reply
    Van,
    Just want to say thank you
    I had France to win world cup when it was $10.00 for $2K
    I was about to hedge but saw you and diamond jack was on france. Decided add more on france -1.
    Must admit it was lucky win but i knew france would win once they survived onslaught

    Thanks for ur input
     
    NoodleArmHCG
    NoodleArmHCG
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:26 PM ET #759

    ALLLLLLEZZZZ!!!! an_cheers

    Reply

    ALLLLLLEZZZZ!!!! an_cheers

     
    JTmonayyy
    JTmonayyy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 3858
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:48 PM ET #760

    Excellent write-up and result for your final pick. Thank you for an amazing read on the tournament. You are one of the brightest stars on this entire forum.

     

    All the best VZ! win

    Reply

    Excellent write-up and result for your final pick. Thank you for an amazing read on the tournament. You are one of the brightest stars on this entire forum.

     

    All the best VZ! win

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:49 PM ET #761

    Quote Originally Posted by arkadymo:

     

    Van, incredible World Cup - great job.

    Hope to see you on here more often come club season.


    Thanks.  I might post a little during club season.  But there are great posters here already!

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadymo:

     

    Van, incredible World Cup - great job.

    Hope to see you on here more often come club season.


    Thanks.  I might post a little during club season.  But there are great posters here already!

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:51 PM ET #762

    Quote Originally Posted by midnightprowl:

    Van,
    Just want to say thank you
    I had France to win world cup when it was $10.00 for $2K
    I was about to hedge but saw you and diamond jack was on france. Decided add more on france -1.
    Must admit it was lucky win but i knew france would win once they survived onslaught

    Thanks for ur input

    Glad to hear it!  

    Fortune favors the brave.


    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightprowl:

    Van,
    Just want to say thank you
    I had France to win world cup when it was $10.00 for $2K
    I was about to hedge but saw you and diamond jack was on france. Decided add more on france -1.
    Must admit it was lucky win but i knew france would win once they survived onslaught

    Thanks for ur input

    Glad to hear it!  

    Fortune favors the brave.


     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:53 PM ET #763

    Quote Originally Posted by JTmonayyy:

    Excellent write-up and result for your final pick. Thank you for an amazing read on the tournament. You are one of the brightest stars on this entire forum.

     

    All the best VZ! win


    Thanks.

    All the best to you as well.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmonayyy:

    Excellent write-up and result for your final pick. Thank you for an amazing read on the tournament. You are one of the brightest stars on this entire forum.

     

    All the best VZ! win


    Thanks.

    All the best to you as well.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:54 PM ET #764

    For those interested....

    Expected goals (without the penalty included) were France .31 and Croatia .9.

    Incredible we had 6 goals today.

    And the passing map for Croatia is nothing like what I expected.  France totally failed at forcing the play.  Croatia were in charge and dictated play overall.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1018549813544091648
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    For those interested....

    Expected goals (without the penalty included) were France .31 and Croatia .9.

    Incredible we had 6 goals today.

    And the passing map for Croatia is nothing like what I expected.  France totally failed at forcing the play.  Croatia were in charge and dictated play overall.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1018549813544091648
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:57 PM ET #765

    Vanz, the fatigue was very real. France was luck to stay ahead long enough for the Croats to let go of the rope. England failed on that front bur France went for the kill once they smelled blood in the second half. Thanks again.
    Reply
    Vanz, the fatigue was very real. France was luck to stay ahead long enough for the Croats to let go of the rope. England failed on that front bur France went for the kill once they smelled blood in the second half. Thanks again.
     
    NoodleArmHCG
    NoodleArmHCG
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:59 PM ET #766

    Van just wanted to say thanks for everything.

     

    Had a LARGE bet on France 7-1 pre-tourny that I'm just giddy about but made a good chunk on the side from your picks/analysis.

     

    Thanks for all you do and all your posts and insight. As some older/since banned  an_eek2posters might say, this tourny was super "HYPE" coolan_cheers

    Reply

    Van just wanted to say thanks for everything.

     

    Had a LARGE bet on France 7-1 pre-tourny that I'm just giddy about but made a good chunk on the side from your picks/analysis.

     

    Thanks for all you do and all your posts and insight. As some older/since banned  an_eek2posters might say, this tourny was super "HYPE" coolan_cheers

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 1:59 PM ET #767

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    Vanz, the fatigue was very real. France was luck to stay ahead long enough for the Croats to let go of the rope. England failed on that front bur France went for the kill once they smelled blood in the second half. Thanks again.

    France should consider themselves very fortunate that they were ahead.  There would have been a very different result otherwise.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    Vanz, the fatigue was very real. France was luck to stay ahead long enough for the Croats to let go of the rope. England failed on that front bur France went for the kill once they smelled blood in the second half. Thanks again.

    France should consider themselves very fortunate that they were ahead.  There would have been a very different result otherwise.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 2:00 PM ET #768

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleArmHCG:

    Van just wanted to say thanks for everything.

     

    Had a LARGE bet on France 7-1 pre-tourny that I'm just giddy about but made a good chunk on the side from your picks/analysis.

     

    Thanks for all you do and all your posts and insight. As some older/since banned  an_eek2posters might say, this tourny was super "HYPE" coolan_cheers


    Happy to hear it noodlearm.

    Best of luck!

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleArmHCG:

    Van just wanted to say thanks for everything.

     

    Had a LARGE bet on France 7-1 pre-tourny that I'm just giddy about but made a good chunk on the side from your picks/analysis.

     

    Thanks for all you do and all your posts and insight. As some older/since banned  an_eek2posters might say, this tourny was super "HYPE" coolan_cheers


    Happy to hear it noodlearm.

    Best of luck!

     
    asayake
    asayake
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2018
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 2:11 PM ET #769

    I joined this betting forum just to show you my appreciation.

    I lurk all over the internet on various different betting forums to complement my own understanding of the game and my own predictions. This thread was a pure goldmine. Every time I went against your suggestion I lost money(e.g. I fell for the England hype and lost money on england vs croatia). Turns out you're simply much better at betting than I am despite me having years of betting experience because EVERY TIME I listened to your predictions I won money. You're so spot on you should sit in the fotball studio instead of the clowns on tv...

    THANK YOU for making my experience more fun with a small surplus at the end of an exciting and hard-to-predict World Cup! Now I can afford a weekend trip to Berlin for Oktoberfest!

    Best regards.

    Reply

    I joined this betting forum just to show you my appreciation.

    I lurk all over the internet on various different betting forums to complement my own understanding of the game and my own predictions. This thread was a pure goldmine. Every time I went against your suggestion I lost money(e.g. I fell for the England hype and lost money on england vs croatia). Turns out you're simply much better at betting than I am despite me having years of betting experience because EVERY TIME I listened to your predictions I won money. You're so spot on you should sit in the fotball studio instead of the clowns on tv...

    THANK YOU for making my experience more fun with a small surplus at the end of an exciting and hard-to-predict World Cup! Now I can afford a weekend trip to Berlin for Oktoberfest!

    Best regards.

     
    emduece
    emduece
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4483
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 2:24 PM ET #770

    Congrats on your great run Van, would love to see more of your thoughts during the regular season of all the leagues.
    Reply
    Congrats on your great run Van, would love to see more of your thoughts during the regular season of all the leagues.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 2:49 PM ET #771

    Quote Originally Posted by asayake:

    I joined this betting forum just to show you my appreciation.

    I lurk all over the internet on various different betting forums to complement my own understanding of the game and my own predictions. This thread was a pure goldmine. Every time I went against your suggestion I lost money(e.g. I fell for the England hype and lost money on england vs croatia). Turns out you're simply much better at betting than I am despite me having years of betting experience because EVERY TIME I listened to your predictions I won money. You're so spot on you should sit in the fotball studio instead of the clowns on tv...

    THANK YOU for making my experience more fun with a small surplus at the end of an exciting and hard-to-predict World Cup! Now I can afford a weekend trip to Berlin for Oktoberfest!

    Best regards.


    Wow.  Very kind.  These are the reasons I post in the first place.

    Enjoy Oktoberfest!  Have been a few times, mostly in the Munich area but once in Cologne also.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by asayake:

    I joined this betting forum just to show you my appreciation.

    I lurk all over the internet on various different betting forums to complement my own understanding of the game and my own predictions. This thread was a pure goldmine. Every time I went against your suggestion I lost money(e.g. I fell for the England hype and lost money on england vs croatia). Turns out you're simply much better at betting than I am despite me having years of betting experience because EVERY TIME I listened to your predictions I won money. You're so spot on you should sit in the fotball studio instead of the clowns on tv...

    THANK YOU for making my experience more fun with a small surplus at the end of an exciting and hard-to-predict World Cup! Now I can afford a weekend trip to Berlin for Oktoberfest!

    Best regards.


    Wow.  Very kind.  These are the reasons I post in the first place.

    Enjoy Oktoberfest!  Have been a few times, mostly in the Munich area but once in Cologne also.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 2:51 PM ET #772

    Quote Originally Posted by emduece:

    Congrats on your great run Van, would love to see more of your thoughts during the regular season of all the leagues.

    Thanks Emduece.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by emduece:

    Congrats on your great run Van, would love to see more of your thoughts during the regular season of all the leagues.

    Thanks Emduece.

     
    Kaufee
    Kaufee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5013
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 2:54 PM ET #773

    Vanzack, finishing strong!! Great thread my man! It’s been a daily read for me the last month and I’m really going to miss it. 

    After your write up, I did not hedge the France future. Kaufee is partying hard today!!

    Thank you and thanks for all the other winners, VZ! I wish I could buy you a beer!

    Cheers 
    Reply
    Vanzack, finishing strong!! Great thread my man! It’s been a daily read for me the last month and I’m really going to miss it. 

    After your write up, I did not hedge the France future. Kaufee is partying hard today!!

    Thank you and thanks for all the other winners, VZ! I wish I could buy you a beer!

    Cheers 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 2:59 PM ET #774

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    Vanzack, finishing strong!! Great thread my man! It’s been a daily read for me the last month and I’m really going to miss it. 

    After your write up, I did not hedge the France future. Kaufee is partying hard today!!

    Thank you and thanks for all the other winners, VZ! I wish I could buy you a beer!

    Cheers 

    Thanks Kauffee - enjoy the winnings!

    Good to hear from a fellow old timer here at covers.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    Vanzack, finishing strong!! Great thread my man! It’s been a daily read for me the last month and I’m really going to miss it. 

    After your write up, I did not hedge the France future. Kaufee is partying hard today!!

    Thank you and thanks for all the other winners, VZ! I wish I could buy you a beer!

    Cheers 

    Thanks Kauffee - enjoy the winnings!

    Good to hear from a fellow old timer here at covers.

     
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2018 - 3:03 PM ET #775

    Simply the best.  Great tournament, Van!!!  I was on a lot of plays with you this tournament.  Appreciate the hard work.


    I also had Harry Kane +1650 for Golden Boot 


    2022 can't come soon enough.  2020 Euros will be fun too.

    Reply
    Simply the best.  Great tournament, Van!!!  I was on a lot of plays with you this tournament.  Appreciate the hard work.


    I also had Harry Kane +1650 for Golden Boot 


    2022 can't come soon enough.  2020 Euros will be fun too.

    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 123 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,322
    • Friday 10/02/2026 902
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,200
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,711
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,119
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,758
    • PART DEUX 224
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,247
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,742

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.