• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 293031 ... 303132 Next Last»
    DoubleUp4Life
    monkeebooger
    Titusblink
    viet076
    ethanallen1991
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 293031 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 10:00 AM ET #701

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:



    Im sure there were more than a few days where your FIFA 18 playstation results were better than my picks anyway.



    Somehow our  PS4 game results are 13-1 in the knockout stage ( Russia over Spain is the only loss ) ...


    My soccer playing friends only follow soccer ...When they read your thread they were blown away by your knowledge ...They kept saying that dude watches a ton of soccer , and has a full understanding of the game ......


    Most of your losses came in the group stage , very tough sledding for any capper .... In the knock out stage you are Fantastic , imagine if Brazil would have put in any one of the 8+ chances they had vs Belgium .....


    I thought i would NEVER pay for another cappers picks , but honestly i would pony up whatever to read your WORLD CUP THREAD .....
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:



    Im sure there were more than a few days where your FIFA 18 playstation results were better than my picks anyway.



    Somehow our  PS4 game results are 13-1 in the knockout stage ( Russia over Spain is the only loss ) ...


    My soccer playing friends only follow soccer ...When they read your thread they were blown away by your knowledge ...They kept saying that dude watches a ton of soccer , and has a full understanding of the game ......


    Most of your losses came in the group stage , very tough sledding for any capper .... In the knock out stage you are Fantastic , imagine if Brazil would have put in any one of the 8+ chances they had vs Belgium .....


    I thought i would NEVER pay for another cappers picks , but honestly i would pony up whatever to read your WORLD CUP THREAD .....
     
    monkeebooger
    monkeebooger
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 6384
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 12:02 PM ET #702

    Vanzack- you are the man! Thanks so much for writing an analysis and then sharing with us degenerates. 

    One more game to go 
    Reply
    Vanzack- you are the man! Thanks so much for writing an analysis and then sharing with us degenerates. 

    One more game to go 
     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 12:03 PM ET #703

    What an absolute legend
    Reply
    What an absolute legend
     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 12:05 PM ET #704

    Let me rephrase, win or lose what an absolute legend
    Reply
    Let me rephrase, win or lose what an absolute legend
     
    viet076
    viet076
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2018
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 12:14 PM ET #705

    Vanzack!! You are the man!!an_cheersan_praise

    Reply

    Vanzack!! You are the man!!an_cheersan_praise

     
    ethanallen1991
    ethanallen1991
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 330
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 12:32 PM ET #706

    Yes, thank you, appreciate all the hard work and analysis!!  

    Reply

    Yes, thank you, appreciate all the hard work and analysis!!  

     
    Toothfairy1
    Toothfairy1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 2383
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 12:34 PM ET #707

    NICE WORK VAN!

    Reply

    NICE WORK VAN!

     
    Enjoi
    Enjoi
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 2767
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 1:53 PM ET #708

    Cheers Van! an_cheers

    Reply

    Cheers Van! an_cheers

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 2:26 PM ET #709

    Great work my friend an_cheers

    BOL in tomorrow's final moneybag

    Reply

    Great work my friend an_cheers

    BOL in tomorrow's final moneybag

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 3:27 PM ET #710

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    Mr van, there is a feature article in Sports Illutrated this week “about the World Cup”. I read it with disappointment, expecting a thoughtful analysis of the games to date. Instead it was mostly about the increase in set plays, which you may get more out of than I did., and even more irrelevant data remotely connected to set plays. Anyway, there it is if you choose. I likened to their coverage of the US Open which I missed to being away. I had hoped to read how Koepka won it. No such luck. Virtually nothing about the tournament itself.

    Anyway its been fun coming back again to Covers and buying a few shares of stock in Vanguard Inc. maybe I’ll come back during football where I have more to contribute. Best of luck.


    I have read you mention a few times that you aren't much of a soccer fan, hopefully this tournament has turned you on to the sport.  It is a great sport to bet on too.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    Mr van, there is a feature article in Sports Illutrated this week “about the World Cup”. I read it with disappointment, expecting a thoughtful analysis of the games to date. Instead it was mostly about the increase in set plays, which you may get more out of than I did., and even more irrelevant data remotely connected to set plays. Anyway, there it is if you choose. I likened to their coverage of the US Open which I missed to being away. I had hoped to read how Koepka won it. No such luck. Virtually nothing about the tournament itself.

    Anyway its been fun coming back again to Covers and buying a few shares of stock in Vanguard Inc. maybe I’ll come back during football where I have more to contribute. Best of luck.


    I have read you mention a few times that you aren't much of a soccer fan, hopefully this tournament has turned you on to the sport.  It is a great sport to bet on too.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 3:28 PM ET #711

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:



    Somehow our  PS4 game results are 13-1 in the knockout stage ( Russia over Spain is the only loss ) ...


    My soccer playing friends only follow soccer ...When they read your thread they were blown away by your knowledge ...They kept saying that dude watches a ton of soccer , and has a full understanding of the game ......


    Most of your losses came in the group stage , very tough sledding for any capper .... In the knock out stage you are Fantastic , imagine if Brazil would have put in any one of the 8+ chances they had vs Belgium .....


    I thought i would NEVER pay for another cappers picks , but honestly i would pony up whatever to read your WORLD CUP THREAD .....

    Thanks for the compliment.  Very generous.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:



    Somehow our  PS4 game results are 13-1 in the knockout stage ( Russia over Spain is the only loss ) ...


    My soccer playing friends only follow soccer ...When they read your thread they were blown away by your knowledge ...They kept saying that dude watches a ton of soccer , and has a full understanding of the game ......


    Most of your losses came in the group stage , very tough sledding for any capper .... In the knock out stage you are Fantastic , imagine if Brazil would have put in any one of the 8+ chances they had vs Belgium .....


    I thought i would NEVER pay for another cappers picks , but honestly i would pony up whatever to read your WORLD CUP THREAD .....

    Thanks for the compliment.  Very generous.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 3:30 PM ET #712

    Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, and to those above with the very nice compliments.

    Sorry to see it end.


    Final writeup happening as we speak.....  Should be up in a half hour or so.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, and to those above with the very nice compliments.

    Sorry to see it end.


    Final writeup happening as we speak.....  Should be up in a half hour or so.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 3:33 PM ET #713

    Some housekeeping.....

    OVERALL RECORD:   Up 67.455  Down 53.4

    Future Bets: 
    Up 3.17  Down 2

    Game Bets: 
    Current Record - UP 64.285  Down 51.4
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Some housekeeping.....

    OVERALL RECORD:   Up 67.455  Down 53.4

    Future Bets: 
    Up 3.17  Down 2

    Game Bets: 
    Current Record - UP 64.285  Down 51.4
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 4:01 PM ET #714

    France / Croatia.....

    If you would have told me these two teams would have met in the final at the beginning of the tournament, I think I would have been pissed that I don't have any future money on either.  I missed France at 9-1 (but posted it) at the beginning of the knockouts, and I eyeballed Croatia at 40-1 at the beginning.  If you go back to page 1 of this thread, I included Croatia in the second group of teams that had a chance to win, although I think they are in big trouble here.

    Lets talk about the obvious first....  Croatia will be asked to play what amounts to their 5th game in 15 days.  That is a lot - no matter what they players say - or what the press says.  Will it be the deciding factor?  I doubt it, but it leads in to what France will likely do - which is move Croatia from side to side and put some miles on their legs.

    France gameplan against Belgium was pretty flawless.  They isolated Nacer Chadli as the weak Belgian link, and like in NBA or NFL - they said if Nacer Chadli can beat us - go ahead - but we are going to cover all the rest of your stars.  Check out the following passing map from the Belgium / France match - and keep in mind that Nacer Chadli is a guy who played on the worst team in the EPL, and barely got on to the field - you think France knew all of this?

    It is the 4th image in the series.....

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186

    That is surely not the shape that Martinez wanted for Belgium - but it is the shape that France forced on them.

    Why could France do this?  Because of their dominating midfield.  Kante for me might be the best player of the tournament, and Pogba and Matiuidi have been nothing short of excellent also.  Matuidi was out on his feet at the end of the last match - but everything points to him playing tomorrow.

    Croatia's midfield has been arguably right there with France when it comes to their success - maybe even more important.  Rakitic, Modric, and Brozovic have been spectacular at controlling games the same way France has.

    But where they differ is in speed of passing and pace of runners - and Croatia really struggled in the first half against England with pace.  Vida and Lovren were in last man situations several times with speedy England moves - and Mbappe and Greizman should have lots of success making outside in moves.  I fully expect Giroud to continue to be a hold up guy - not really concerned if he scores or not - just interested in him feeding or starting moves that will involve Greizman and Mbappe.  If Croatia play anything resembling a high line - which they flirted with in the first half against England - they are toast.

    I fully expect France to isolate Strinic on the left side - in the same way they did with Chadli on the right.  He is the weak link.  Go ahead and beat us Strinic - but you are going to have to possess the ball in your own half and beat us down the flanks - because your midfield is going to be unavailable to you.  This is not only a good defensive strategy for France - but the turnovers it creates unleashes the quick passing and pace that should prove Croatias downfall.

    France have only conceded in 2 out of 6 games so far.  Their defenders are good - not great - but with Kante acting as basically a 5th defender when under attack - they are stellar.

    This is a bit of an unusual match in that there are two old school traditional strikers on the pitch - who will be largely playing the same role - hold up play and feed teammates and clean up anything that presents itself.

    France lost the final 2 years ago against Portugal at home in the Euros, and I rarely give these things much importance - but I like having the side that is focused for sure.  They are not going to take anything for granted here - they have a second shot and if they lose - it wont be because they took Croatia lightly.  

    I am going to take a chance on a multiple goal win tomorrow.  Feel free to bet France at -.5 instead of what I am doing.  I think there is a decent chance that France rolls them.  I think they score early, which will cause Croatia to chase - and the fatigue catches up with them and France piles on late.

    France -.5 -105 (90 minutes) (2.625 units to win 2.5)
    France -1 +190 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 3.8)

    Predicted final France 3-0

    GL all.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    France / Croatia.....

    If you would have told me these two teams would have met in the final at the beginning of the tournament, I think I would have been pissed that I don't have any future money on either.  I missed France at 9-1 (but posted it) at the beginning of the knockouts, and I eyeballed Croatia at 40-1 at the beginning.  If you go back to page 1 of this thread, I included Croatia in the second group of teams that had a chance to win, although I think they are in big trouble here.

    Lets talk about the obvious first....  Croatia will be asked to play what amounts to their 5th game in 15 days.  That is a lot - no matter what they players say - or what the press says.  Will it be the deciding factor?  I doubt it, but it leads in to what France will likely do - which is move Croatia from side to side and put some miles on their legs.

    France gameplan against Belgium was pretty flawless.  They isolated Nacer Chadli as the weak Belgian link, and like in NBA or NFL - they said if Nacer Chadli can beat us - go ahead - but we are going to cover all the rest of your stars.  Check out the following passing map from the Belgium / France match - and keep in mind that Nacer Chadli is a guy who played on the worst team in the EPL, and barely got on to the field - you think France knew all of this?

    It is the 4th image in the series.....

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186

    That is surely not the shape that Martinez wanted for Belgium - but it is the shape that France forced on them.

    Why could France do this?  Because of their dominating midfield.  Kante for me might be the best player of the tournament, and Pogba and Matiuidi have been nothing short of excellent also.  Matuidi was out on his feet at the end of the last match - but everything points to him playing tomorrow.

    Croatia's midfield has been arguably right there with France when it comes to their success - maybe even more important.  Rakitic, Modric, and Brozovic have been spectacular at controlling games the same way France has.

    But where they differ is in speed of passing and pace of runners - and Croatia really struggled in the first half against England with pace.  Vida and Lovren were in last man situations several times with speedy England moves - and Mbappe and Greizman should have lots of success making outside in moves.  I fully expect Giroud to continue to be a hold up guy - not really concerned if he scores or not - just interested in him feeding or starting moves that will involve Greizman and Mbappe.  If Croatia play anything resembling a high line - which they flirted with in the first half against England - they are toast.

    I fully expect France to isolate Strinic on the left side - in the same way they did with Chadli on the right.  He is the weak link.  Go ahead and beat us Strinic - but you are going to have to possess the ball in your own half and beat us down the flanks - because your midfield is going to be unavailable to you.  This is not only a good defensive strategy for France - but the turnovers it creates unleashes the quick passing and pace that should prove Croatias downfall.

    France have only conceded in 2 out of 6 games so far.  Their defenders are good - not great - but with Kante acting as basically a 5th defender when under attack - they are stellar.

    This is a bit of an unusual match in that there are two old school traditional strikers on the pitch - who will be largely playing the same role - hold up play and feed teammates and clean up anything that presents itself.

    France lost the final 2 years ago against Portugal at home in the Euros, and I rarely give these things much importance - but I like having the side that is focused for sure.  They are not going to take anything for granted here - they have a second shot and if they lose - it wont be because they took Croatia lightly.  

    I am going to take a chance on a multiple goal win tomorrow.  Feel free to bet France at -.5 instead of what I am doing.  I think there is a decent chance that France rolls them.  I think they score early, which will cause Croatia to chase - and the fatigue catches up with them and France piles on late.

    France -.5 -105 (90 minutes) (2.625 units to win 2.5)
    France -1 +190 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 3.8)

    Predicted final France 3-0

    GL all.

     
    Courtesy_Flush
    Courtesy_Flush
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 4:47 PM ET #715

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by viet076:

    Mr. Vanzack! Do you follow any other soccer leagues like UEFA Champions League? Thanks
    Well, I doubt I would know anything about these international tournaments without following club leagues as well.I think I watch more soccer than just about anyone - at least that I know.  All the major leagues, and even some of the minor ones too - almost every game that I can get my hands on.  I have studied game tactics also.I post the international tournaments here.  Not really sure why that developed that way, but I bet all season every season.  I only really bet two sports at this point - football and football (socce
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by viet076:

    Mr. Vanzack! Do you follow any other soccer leagues like UEFA Champions League? Thanks
    Well, I doubt I would know anything about these international tournaments without following club leagues as well.I think I watch more soccer than just about anyone - at least that I know.  All the major leagues, and even some of the minor ones too - almost every game that I can get my hands on.  I have studied game tactics also.I post the international tournaments here.  Not really sure why that developed that way, but I bet all season every season.  I only really bet two sports at this point - football and football (soccer).
    r).

    vanzack

    GL on France.

    Can you share some of the minor leagues you watch and do you bet these leagues? The Liga MX has some good quality and IMO is several notches above MLS.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by viet076:

    Mr. Vanzack! Do you follow any other soccer leagues like UEFA Champions League? Thanks
    Well, I doubt I would know anything about these international tournaments without following club leagues as well.I think I watch more soccer than just about anyone - at least that I know.  All the major leagues, and even some of the minor ones too - almost every game that I can get my hands on.  I have studied game tactics also.I post the international tournaments here.  Not really sure why that developed that way, but I bet all season every season.  I only really bet two sports at this point - football and football (socce
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by viet076:

    Mr. Vanzack! Do you follow any other soccer leagues like UEFA Champions League? Thanks
    Well, I doubt I would know anything about these international tournaments without following club leagues as well.I think I watch more soccer than just about anyone - at least that I know.  All the major leagues, and even some of the minor ones too - almost every game that I can get my hands on.  I have studied game tactics also.I post the international tournaments here.  Not really sure why that developed that way, but I bet all season every season.  I only really bet two sports at this point - football and football (soccer).
    r).

    vanzack

    GL on France.

    Can you share some of the minor leagues you watch and do you bet these leagues? The Liga MX has some good quality and IMO is several notches above MLS.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 5:13 PM ET #716

    This move by Belgium today was the best of the game....

    https://streamja.com/arZW
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    This move by Belgium today was the best of the game....

    https://streamja.com/arZW
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 5:20 PM ET #717

    LigaMX quality is definitely better than the MLS, but I have had really good success betting MLS.

    I mostly follow:

    EPL, England Championship, Bundesliga, Serie A, France League 1, La Liga.

    Also, MLS, LigaMX, Eredivisie.

    Champions League, Europa League.

    These are the leagues I can get the most coverage on.  I prefer to prepare by watching, not looking at stats - although I do both.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    LigaMX quality is definitely better than the MLS, but I have had really good success betting MLS.

    I mostly follow:

    EPL, England Championship, Bundesliga, Serie A, France League 1, La Liga.

    Also, MLS, LigaMX, Eredivisie.

    Champions League, Europa League.

    These are the leagues I can get the most coverage on.  I prefer to prepare by watching, not looking at stats - although I do both.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 5:22 PM ET #718

    Also, if anyone wants to get better at handicapping soccer - the number one tip I can give you is to turn off the volume on the broadcast.  Let your eyes tell you what you are seeing.  And trust what your eyes are seeing - not what someone is telling you what you should see.  Broadcasters are interested in narratives - you should be interested in predictive behavior and metrics.

    Also, let your eyes go away from the ball.  Try watching a whole match where you don't even look at the ball - just watch player movement.

    This goes for American Football also.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Also, if anyone wants to get better at handicapping soccer - the number one tip I can give you is to turn off the volume on the broadcast.  Let your eyes tell you what you are seeing.  And trust what your eyes are seeing - not what someone is telling you what you should see.  Broadcasters are interested in narratives - you should be interested in predictive behavior and metrics.

    Also, let your eyes go away from the ball.  Try watching a whole match where you don't even look at the ball - just watch player movement.

    This goes for American Football also.

     
    letsgomets2007
    letsgomets2007
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 813
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 6:21 PM ET #719

    Been a great world cup. Appreciate all of your insight my man new_cool

    Reply

    Been a great world cup. Appreciate all of your insight my man new_cool

     
    Courtesy_Flush
    Courtesy_Flush
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 6:22 PM ET #720

    How are we supposed to know if Stanford is a 40 point underdog to USC during a Musberger broadcast? Btw Stanford did win SU as a dog this big about 10 years ago. Hilarious stuff. It

    Cheers vanzack great stuff.

    Reply

    How are we supposed to know if Stanford is a 40 point underdog to USC during a Musberger broadcast? Btw Stanford did win SU as a dog this big about 10 years ago. Hilarious stuff. It

    Cheers vanzack great stuff.

     
    clepto
    clepto
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2001
    Posts: 34492
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 7:46 PM ET #721

    FML. Can't believe I just found your WC thread today.new_angry_finger Too bad you're on wrong side in Final.

    Reply

    FML. Can't believe I just found your WC thread today.new_angry_finger Too bad you're on wrong side in Final.

     
    easymoney8474
    easymoney8474
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 1132
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 8:15 PM ET #722

    Sorry Van but Croatia is winning

    Reply

    Sorry Van but Croatia is winning

     
    viet076
    viet076
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2018
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 9:11 PM ET #723

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    LigaMX quality is definitely better than the MLS, but I have had really good success betting MLS.I mostly follow:EPL, England Championship, Bundesliga, Serie A, France League 1, La Liga.Also, MLS, LigaMX, Eredivisie.Champions League, Europa League.These are the leagues I can get the most coverage on.  I prefer to prepare by watching, not looking at stats - although I do both.

     

    Mr. Van, Where do you post your writeup on those soccer leagues? Is it in this forum as well?

    Thanks again!! and GL tomorrowan_2drinksan_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    LigaMX quality is definitely better than the MLS, but I have had really good success betting MLS.I mostly follow:EPL, England Championship, Bundesliga, Serie A, France League 1, La Liga.Also, MLS, LigaMX, Eredivisie.Champions League, Europa League.These are the leagues I can get the most coverage on.  I prefer to prepare by watching, not looking at stats - although I do both.

     

    Mr. Van, Where do you post your writeup on those soccer leagues? Is it in this forum as well?

    Thanks again!! and GL tomorrowan_2drinksan_cheers

     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 9:48 PM ET #724


    Reply

     
     
    fitchris562
    fitchris562
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2013
    Posts: 4774
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 10:01 PM ET #725

    think they score early, which will cause Croatia to chase - and the fatigue catches up with them and France piles on late.France -.5 -105 (90 minutes) (2.625 units to win 2.5)France -1 +190 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 3.8)Predicted final France 3-0GL all.[/Quote]

    I sure hope so I’m riding with France big!

    France -.5 -110

    Good Luck Man!

    Reply

    think they score early, which will cause Croatia to chase - and the fatigue catches up with them and France piles on late.France -.5 -105 (90 minutes) (2.625 units to win 2.5)France -1 +190 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 3.8)Predicted final France 3-0GL all.[/Quote]

    I sure hope so I’m riding with France big!

    France -.5 -110

    Good Luck Man!

    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 293031 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 904
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,274
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,062
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,120
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,718
    • Week 5 Money 6,775
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,377
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 3,990

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.