• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 262728 ... 303132 Next Last»
    NoodleArmHCG
    vanzack
    freestlyin
    monkeebooger
    taurus
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 262728 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    NoodleArmHCG
    NoodleArmHCG
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:21 PM ET #626

    ALLEZZZZZZ !!!!an_cheers

    Reply

    ALLEZZZZZZ !!!!an_cheers

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:26 PM ET #627

    Something interesting....

    Click on the 4th graphic in this twitter post.  It is the passing map of Belgium.

    Think France had a gameplan?  Chadli is a guy that played very little for his very mediocre club team (West Brom).  Look how little the big boys of Belgium were involved compared to Chadli.

    Extremely telling.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Something interesting....

    Click on the 4th graphic in this twitter post.  It is the passing map of Belgium.

    Think France had a gameplan?  Chadli is a guy that played very little for his very mediocre club team (West Brom).  Look how little the big boys of Belgium were involved compared to Chadli.

    Extremely telling.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186
     
    freestlyin
    freestlyin
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 39197
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:29 PM ET #628

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Oh, and my pick for tonight:

    5 units on HW to beat HC 1-0
    5 units on Willingham to score first goal (+400)
    3 units on Willingham to do a goal slide celebration

    GL


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Oh, and my pick for tonight:

    5 units on HW to beat HC 1-0
    5 units on Willingham to score first goal (+400)
    3 units on Willingham to do a goal slide celebration

    GL


     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:29 PM ET #629

    For those interested, this is an expected goals plot and percentage of winning for Belgium vs Brazil.  I am obviously not yet over this.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1015326078733377540

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    For those interested, this is an expected goals plot and percentage of winning for Belgium vs Brazil.  I am obviously not yet over this.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1015326078733377540

     
    freestlyin
    freestlyin
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 39197
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:37 PM ET #630

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    For those interested, this is an expected goals plot and percentage of winning for Belgium vs Brazil.  I am obviously not yet over this.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1015326078733377540


    That graphic is stunning..I was forced to listen to the match due to driving but seeing that makes me wonder how Brazil didn't net 4 goals at minimum 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    For those interested, this is an expected goals plot and percentage of winning for Belgium vs Brazil.  I am obviously not yet over this.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1015326078733377540


    That graphic is stunning..I was forced to listen to the match due to driving but seeing that makes me wonder how Brazil didn't net 4 goals at minimum 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:49 PM ET #631

    And here is Croatia vs Russia.  If Belgium Brazil didn't happen, I would be sick about this also.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    And here is Croatia vs Russia.  If Belgium Brazil didn't happen, I would be sick about this also.

    https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1016775803261149186
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 5:33 PM ET #632

    It is hysterical to listen to these ESPN type guys talk about WC who know zero about it.  I am watching pardon the interruption - and they literally couldn't name a player on either side - but they are talking about it like they do.

    They should just ignore it all.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    It is hysterical to listen to these ESPN type guys talk about WC who know zero about it.  I am watching pardon the interruption - and they literally couldn't name a player on either side - but they are talking about it like they do.

    They should just ignore it all.
     
    monkeebooger
    monkeebooger
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 6384
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 5:40 PM ET #633

    Thanks so much Van. Appreciate you sharing with us 
    Reply
    Thanks so much Van. Appreciate you sharing with us 
     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 5:43 PM ET #634

    Thank you, mr van, for coming back on board. I was about ready to bet Belgium.

    Reply

    Thank you, mr van, for coming back on board. I was about ready to bet Belgium.

     
    Kaufee
    Kaufee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5013
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 5:45 PM ET #635

    Vive La FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hell yeah, that was a BIG W for Kaufee!!! My Brazil nightmares might finally be behind me.

    Vanzack, nice f'n call! You are the man!

    And yes - Watching ESPN talk about the WC is like listening to my wife break down a game. She had this to say today...."That guy in the blue jersey hit it with his head and it bounced in the goal"

    Vanzack, thank you
    Reply
    Vive La FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hell yeah, that was a BIG W for Kaufee!!! My Brazil nightmares might finally be behind me.

    Vanzack, nice f'n call! You are the man!

    And yes - Watching ESPN talk about the WC is like listening to my wife break down a game. She had this to say today...."That guy in the blue jersey hit it with his head and it bounced in the goal"

    Vanzack, thank you
     
    Jackcat
    Jackcat
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 18
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 5:58 PM ET #636

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    For those interested, this is an expected goals plot and percentage of winning for Belgium vs Brazil.  I am obviously not yet over this.https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1015326078733377540

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    For those interested, this is an expected goals plot and percentage of winning for Belgium vs Brazil.  I am obviously not yet over this.https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/1015326078733377540

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 7:07 PM ET #637

    Monkee, Taurus...

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Monkee, Taurus...

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 7:08 PM ET #638

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    Vive La FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hell yeah, that was a BIG W for Kaufee!!! My Brazil nightmares might finally be behind me.

    Vanzack, nice f'n call! You are the man!

    And yes - Watching ESPN talk about the WC is like listening to my wife break down a game. She had this to say today...."That guy in the blue jersey hit it with his head and it bounced in the goal"

    Vanzack, thank you

    That is funny.  She should apply for a job at Fox.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    Vive La FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hell yeah, that was a BIG W for Kaufee!!! My Brazil nightmares might finally be behind me.

    Vanzack, nice f'n call! You are the man!

    And yes - Watching ESPN talk about the WC is like listening to my wife break down a game. She had this to say today...."That guy in the blue jersey hit it with his head and it bounced in the goal"

    Vanzack, thank you

    That is funny.  She should apply for a job at Fox.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 7:15 PM ET #639

    England / Croatia -

    As I wrote earlier, I don't think there is a player on England that would start on Croatia other than Harry Kane for Mandzukic.  Maybe GK would be a toss up, and maybe a defender here or there, but overall, Croatia have the players.

    If this match is anything like the Belgium / France match, where for about 60 minutes both sides are very cautious and sit back, Croatia should boss the field.  Rakitic and Modric love this type of game.

    But unfortunately, this match should come down to one or two great (or lucky) plays that put one team up, and that is very difficult to predict.

    If there was a month to prepare, I would be all over Croatia.  I have read all sides of the debate if they will be affected by playing two ET matches in a row - but I believe it has to have an effect - even if on just a player or two.  

    There is no reason England should be favored here.  

    So while I think the match is somewhat of a toss up, I will be on Croatia because of price and because I would rather bet on talent than bet against a team being tired.

    Croatia pk +150 (90 minutes) (1 to win 1.5)
    Croatia to advance +140 (1 to win 1.4)
    Predicted final score Croatia 1-0

    GL



    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    England / Croatia -

    As I wrote earlier, I don't think there is a player on England that would start on Croatia other than Harry Kane for Mandzukic.  Maybe GK would be a toss up, and maybe a defender here or there, but overall, Croatia have the players.

    If this match is anything like the Belgium / France match, where for about 60 minutes both sides are very cautious and sit back, Croatia should boss the field.  Rakitic and Modric love this type of game.

    But unfortunately, this match should come down to one or two great (or lucky) plays that put one team up, and that is very difficult to predict.

    If there was a month to prepare, I would be all over Croatia.  I have read all sides of the debate if they will be affected by playing two ET matches in a row - but I believe it has to have an effect - even if on just a player or two.  

    There is no reason England should be favored here.  

    So while I think the match is somewhat of a toss up, I will be on Croatia because of price and because I would rather bet on talent than bet against a team being tired.

    Croatia pk +150 (90 minutes) (1 to win 1.5)
    Croatia to advance +140 (1 to win 1.4)
    Predicted final score Croatia 1-0

    GL



     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 7:22 PM ET #640

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    On to the matches....

    A starting thought....   I am pretty surprised to see France at up to 9-1 available.  I think they are probably the value right now in the "to win" market.



    Shouldve listened to my own advice.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    On to the matches....

    A starting thought....   I am pretty surprised to see France at up to 9-1 available.  I think they are probably the value right now in the "to win" market.



    Shouldve listened to my own advice.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 7:32 PM ET #641

    Almost forgot....

    When is soccer going to get a concussion protocol?

    It is pretty clear that Matuidi was out on his feet today.  Has happened several times in the WC.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Almost forgot....

    When is soccer going to get a concussion protocol?

    It is pretty clear that Matuidi was out on his feet today.  Has happened several times in the WC.
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 8:00 PM ET #642

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    England / Croatia -As I wrote earlier, I don't think there is a player on England that would start on Croatia other than Harry Kane for Mandzukic.  Maybe GK would be a toss up, and maybe a defender here or there, but overall, Croatia have the players.If this match is anything like the Belgium / France match, where for about 60 minutes both sides are very cautious and sit back, Croatia should boss the field.  Rakitic and Modric love this type of game.But unfortunately, this match should come down to one or two great (or lucky) plays that put one team up, and that is very difficult to predict.If there was a month to prepare, I would be all over Croatia.  I have read all sides of the debate if they will be affected by playing two ET matches in a row - but I believe it has to have an effect - even if on just a player or two.  There is no reason England should be favored here.  So while I think the match is somewhat of a toss up, I will be on Croatia because of price and because I would rather bet on talent than bet against a team being tired.Croatia pk +150 (90 minutes) (1 to win 1.5)Croatia to advance +140 (1 to win 1.4)Predicted final score Croatia 1-0GL

    I still like England, Vanz, due to all the intangibles I had mentioned. I also always thought Belgium v Croatia had a third place ring to it, though it would be funny (and poetic justice) to see England play Belgium after England lost on purpose to end up on the "easier" side of the draw:)

    With England vs France, we get history, tradition, bad blood and a much better line for betting on France (because of all the drunken English fans you mentioned) than if they play Croatia:)

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    England / Croatia -As I wrote earlier, I don't think there is a player on England that would start on Croatia other than Harry Kane for Mandzukic.  Maybe GK would be a toss up, and maybe a defender here or there, but overall, Croatia have the players.If this match is anything like the Belgium / France match, where for about 60 minutes both sides are very cautious and sit back, Croatia should boss the field.  Rakitic and Modric love this type of game.But unfortunately, this match should come down to one or two great (or lucky) plays that put one team up, and that is very difficult to predict.If there was a month to prepare, I would be all over Croatia.  I have read all sides of the debate if they will be affected by playing two ET matches in a row - but I believe it has to have an effect - even if on just a player or two.  There is no reason England should be favored here.  So while I think the match is somewhat of a toss up, I will be on Croatia because of price and because I would rather bet on talent than bet against a team being tired.Croatia pk +150 (90 minutes) (1 to win 1.5)Croatia to advance +140 (1 to win 1.4)Predicted final score Croatia 1-0GL

    I still like England, Vanz, due to all the intangibles I had mentioned. I also always thought Belgium v Croatia had a third place ring to it, though it would be funny (and poetic justice) to see England play Belgium after England lost on purpose to end up on the "easier" side of the draw:)

    With England vs France, we get history, tradition, bad blood and a much better line for betting on France (because of all the drunken English fans you mentioned) than if they play Croatia:)

     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 8:09 PM ET #643

    VZ the value certainly with Croatia here, may touch slightly... But Deli Ali, Harry Kane, Kyle Walker, Harry Kane, perhaps John Stones and who knows about the other tall brutish defender but perhaps start for Croatia eh... Raheem Sterling is all bark no bite but mayybeee

    Reply

    VZ the value certainly with Croatia here, may touch slightly... But Deli Ali, Harry Kane, Kyle Walker, Harry Kane, perhaps John Stones and who knows about the other tall brutish defender but perhaps start for Croatia eh... Raheem Sterling is all bark no bite but mayybeee

     
    budwiser
    budwiser
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 17917
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 8:14 PM ET #644

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

    VZ the value certainly with Croatia here, may touch slightly... But Deli Ali, Harry Kane, Kyle Walker, Harry Kane, perhaps John Stones and who knows about the other tall brutish defender but perhaps start for Croatia eh... Raheem Sterling is all bark no bite but mayybeee

     

    Yeah agreed.

    And Pickford over Subasich because I can't trust that hamstring.

    I figure nobody will deny that Modric will be the best player on the field.

    So who knows.  That's why they play.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

    VZ the value certainly with Croatia here, may touch slightly... But Deli Ali, Harry Kane, Kyle Walker, Harry Kane, perhaps John Stones and who knows about the other tall brutish defender but perhaps start for Croatia eh... Raheem Sterling is all bark no bite but mayybeee

     

    Yeah agreed.

    And Pickford over Subasich because I can't trust that hamstring.

    I figure nobody will deny that Modric will be the best player on the field.

    So who knows.  That's why they play.

     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 9:45 PM ET #645

    Thank you, mr Noodlearm. Never would have guessed that. 

    Reply

    Thank you, mr Noodlearm. Never would have guessed that. 

     
    budwiser
    budwiser
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 17917
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 10:15 PM ET #646

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    Thank you, mr Noodlearm. Never would have guessed that.


    Good.  Since you guessed Belgium and you're about as original and expressive and thoughtful as a McDonald's cheeseburger.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    Thank you, mr Noodlearm. Never would have guessed that.


    Good.  Since you guessed Belgium and you're about as original and expressive and thoughtful as a McDonald's cheeseburger.

     
    MakePwithMe
    MakePwithMe
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 2455
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2018 - 7:58 AM ET #647

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    England / Croatia -

    As I wrote earlier, I don't think there is a player on England that would start on Croatia other than Harry Kane for Mandzukic.  Maybe GK would be a toss up, and maybe a defender here or there, but overall, Croatia have the players.

    If this match is anything like the Belgium / France match, where for about 60 minutes both sides are very cautious and sit back, Croatia should boss the field.  Rakitic and Modric love this type of game.

    But unfortunately, this match should come down to one or two great (or lucky) plays that put one team up, and that is very difficult to predict.

    If there was a month to prepare, I would be all over Croatia.  I have read all sides of the debate if they will be affected by playing two ET matches in a row - but I believe it has to have an effect - even if on just a player or two.  

    There is no reason England should be favored here.  

    So while I think the match is somewhat of a toss up, I will be on Croatia because of price and because I would rather bet on talent than bet against a team being tired.

    Croatia pk +150 (90 minutes) (1 to win 1.5)
    Croatia to advance +140 (1 to win 1.4)
    Predicted final score Croatia 1-0

    GL


    Meh, 

    Kane
    Rashford
    Sterling
    Ali
    Stones
    Rose
    Maguire
    Pickford

    Thats 8 players 8! That will get into Croatia, there is a reason for England favoured its because we are better matey, we also have the better manager.

    I love everyone writing us off but its coming home baby!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    England / Croatia -

    As I wrote earlier, I don't think there is a player on England that would start on Croatia other than Harry Kane for Mandzukic.  Maybe GK would be a toss up, and maybe a defender here or there, but overall, Croatia have the players.

    If this match is anything like the Belgium / France match, where for about 60 minutes both sides are very cautious and sit back, Croatia should boss the field.  Rakitic and Modric love this type of game.

    But unfortunately, this match should come down to one or two great (or lucky) plays that put one team up, and that is very difficult to predict.

    If there was a month to prepare, I would be all over Croatia.  I have read all sides of the debate if they will be affected by playing two ET matches in a row - but I believe it has to have an effect - even if on just a player or two.  

    There is no reason England should be favored here.  

    So while I think the match is somewhat of a toss up, I will be on Croatia because of price and because I would rather bet on talent than bet against a team being tired.

    Croatia pk +150 (90 minutes) (1 to win 1.5)
    Croatia to advance +140 (1 to win 1.4)
    Predicted final score Croatia 1-0

    GL


    Meh, 

    Kane
    Rashford
    Sterling
    Ali
    Stones
    Rose
    Maguire
    Pickford

    Thats 8 players 8! That will get into Croatia, there is a reason for England favoured its because we are better matey, we also have the better manager.

    I love everyone writing us off but its coming home baby!

     
    MakePwithMe
    MakePwithMe
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 2455
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2018 - 8:03 AM ET #648

                                      Pickford

    Vrsaljko            Stones            Maguire          Rose

                            Modric            Rakitic

    Sterling                            Ali                      Rashford

                                         Kane

    Maybe make an argument for Walker for there RB or play Henderson instead of Ali and swap with Rakitic to give more balance either way England have the players.

    Have a good one mate

    Reply
                                      Pickford

    Vrsaljko            Stones            Maguire          Rose

                            Modric            Rakitic

    Sterling                            Ali                      Rashford

                                         Kane

    Maybe make an argument for Walker for there RB or play Henderson instead of Ali and swap with Rakitic to give more balance either way England have the players.

    Have a good one mate

     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2018 - 8:37 AM ET #649

    Quote Originally Posted by MakePwithMe:



    I love everyone writing us off but its coming home baby!


    You know England is favored, right?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MakePwithMe:



    I love everyone writing us off but its coming home baby!


    You know England is favored, right?
     
     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2018 - 9:46 AM ET #650

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    Vive La FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hell yeah, that was a BIG W for Kaufee!!! My Brazil nightmares might finally be behind me. Vanzack, nice f'n call! You are the man!And yes - Watching ESPN talk about the WC is like listening to my wife break down a game. She had this to say today...."That guy in the blue jersey hit it with his head and it bounced in the goal"Vanzack, thank you
    That is funny.  She should apply for a job at Fox.
    Denied due to being overqualified

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    Vive La FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hell yeah, that was a BIG W for Kaufee!!! My Brazil nightmares might finally be behind me. Vanzack, nice f'n call! You are the man!And yes - Watching ESPN talk about the WC is like listening to my wife break down a game. She had this to say today...."That guy in the blue jersey hit it with his head and it bounced in the goal"Vanzack, thank you
    That is funny.  She should apply for a job at Fox.
    Denied due to being overqualified

    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 262728 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 904
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,274
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,062
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,120
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,718
    • Week 5 Money 6,775
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,377
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 3,990

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.