• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 282930 ... 303132 Next Last»
    DoubleUp4Life
    Titusblink
    vanzack
    Kaufee
    bleek88
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 282930 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 1:03 PM ET #676

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    For those who said John Stones - a guy who cant get time on his own club team - would start for Croatia, I am going to let you rethink that after this game - and after that Mandzukic goal.


    4 of my soccer playing buddies who barely lurk on covers  , emailed  or texted me about the England hype in your thread before the game ....

    People mentioning all the Englland players that would start for Croatia .... They Said reading You Counter With BettiNg Croatia Sealed The Deal On Bigger Wagers 

    .Locals had Croatia to advance at a HUUUUGGGEEE inflated line ....Glad my friends could make some coins by reading your thread ...


    Would Much Rather They TAIL yOur Excellence
    Thanks For All Your Time & Work 


     , Than The Results Of My FAMILIES PS4 FIFA 18 RESULTS 



    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    For those who said John Stones - a guy who cant get time on his own club team - would start for Croatia, I am going to let you rethink that after this game - and after that Mandzukic goal.


    4 of my soccer playing buddies who barely lurk on covers  , emailed  or texted me about the England hype in your thread before the game ....

    People mentioning all the Englland players that would start for Croatia .... They Said reading You Counter With BettiNg Croatia Sealed The Deal On Bigger Wagers 

    .Locals had Croatia to advance at a HUUUUGGGEEE inflated line ....Glad my friends could make some coins by reading your thread ...


    Would Much Rather They TAIL yOur Excellence
    Thanks For All Your Time & Work 


     , Than The Results Of My FAMILIES PS4 FIFA 18 RESULTS 



     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 1:26 PM ET #677

    As always amazing work stud! Haha, egg in face but that is a little harsh regarding Stones. Man city have 2 starting XIs capable of challenging  - - Otamendi, Kompany, Stones, Mangala is a formidable center back foursome to pick between. Stones is nearly an autostart for City. I think it was joining them late and/or injuries that has kept him out of the XI. But fair play on his culpability - England really started panicking and lost their shape as Croatia pressed... England were holding on versus playing to win.. and croatia pressing doesnt do them justice, as Croatia took control of the game

    I digress... How many units, might I ask, are you playing on france in reg time? 

    Reply

    As always amazing work stud! Haha, egg in face but that is a little harsh regarding Stones. Man city have 2 starting XIs capable of challenging  - - Otamendi, Kompany, Stones, Mangala is a formidable center back foursome to pick between. Stones is nearly an autostart for City. I think it was joining them late and/or injuries that has kept him out of the XI. But fair play on his culpability - England really started panicking and lost their shape as Croatia pressed... England were holding on versus playing to win.. and croatia pressing doesnt do them justice, as Croatia took control of the game

    I digress... How many units, might I ask, are you playing on france in reg time? 

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 3:55 PM ET #678

    Quote Originally Posted by YouHaveHIA:

    France -105 to win final

    To clarify....

    France -.5 -105
    Croatia +.5 -105
     
    For 90 minutes.
     
    France -200 to win cup.
     
    what does this mean?  Thanks 

    This was the opening line.

    This is not my wager.

    This was posted 1 minute or so after the end of England / Croatia match.

    I will write up the final and 3rd place game soon.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by YouHaveHIA:

    France -105 to win final

    To clarify....

    France -.5 -105
    Croatia +.5 -105
     
    For 90 minutes.
     
    France -200 to win cup.
     
    what does this mean?  Thanks 

    This was the opening line.

    This is not my wager.

    This was posted 1 minute or so after the end of England / Croatia match.

    I will write up the final and 3rd place game soon.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 3:57 PM ET #679

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:



    4 of my soccer playing buddies who barely lurk on covers  , emailed  or texted me about the England hype in your thread before the game ....

    People mentioning all the Englland players that would start for Croatia .... They Said reading You Counter With BettiNg Croatia Sealed The Deal On Bigger Wagers 

    .Locals had Croatia to advance at a HUUUUGGGEEE inflated line ....Glad my friends could make some coins by reading your thread ...


    Would Much Rather They TAIL yOur Excellence
    Thanks For All Your Time & Work 


     , Than The Results Of My FAMILIES PS4 FIFA 18 RESULTS 





    Im sure there were more than a few days where your FIFA 18 playstation results were better than my picks anyway.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:



    4 of my soccer playing buddies who barely lurk on covers  , emailed  or texted me about the England hype in your thread before the game ....

    People mentioning all the Englland players that would start for Croatia .... They Said reading You Counter With BettiNg Croatia Sealed The Deal On Bigger Wagers 

    .Locals had Croatia to advance at a HUUUUGGGEEE inflated line ....Glad my friends could make some coins by reading your thread ...


    Would Much Rather They TAIL yOur Excellence
    Thanks For All Your Time & Work 


     , Than The Results Of My FAMILIES PS4 FIFA 18 RESULTS 





    Im sure there were more than a few days where your FIFA 18 playstation results were better than my picks anyway.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 3:58 PM ET #680

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

    As always amazing work stud! Haha, egg in face but that is a little harsh regarding Stones. Man city have 2 starting XIs capable of challenging  - - Otamendi, Kompany, Stones, Mangala is a formidable center back foursome to pick between. Stones is nearly an autostart for City. I think it was joining them late and/or injuries that has kept him out of the XI. But fair play on his culpability - England really started panicking and lost their shape as Croatia pressed... England were holding on versus playing to win.. and croatia pressing doesnt do them justice, as Croatia took control of the game

    I digress... How many units, might I ask, are you playing on france in reg time? 


    Havent made writeup or decisions on final yet.  

    And no egg in face around here.  We are all interpreting abstract art.  Sometimes there isn't a right answer.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

    As always amazing work stud! Haha, egg in face but that is a little harsh regarding Stones. Man city have 2 starting XIs capable of challenging  - - Otamendi, Kompany, Stones, Mangala is a formidable center back foursome to pick between. Stones is nearly an autostart for City. I think it was joining them late and/or injuries that has kept him out of the XI. But fair play on his culpability - England really started panicking and lost their shape as Croatia pressed... England were holding on versus playing to win.. and croatia pressing doesnt do them justice, as Croatia took control of the game

    I digress... How many units, might I ask, are you playing on france in reg time? 


    Havent made writeup or decisions on final yet.  

    And no egg in face around here.  We are all interpreting abstract art.  Sometimes there isn't a right answer.

     
    Kaufee
    Kaufee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5013
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 4:18 PM ET #681

    Van, thanks for another great call! Croatia clearly the more talented side, just as you stated. 

    In your opinion, if Croatia plays France 10 times, how many W’s would you give them? I’m trying to decide if I should hedge my France future and for how much (if at all). I would prefer to let it ride. 

    Thanks again Van! Your threads are always great reads 
    Reply
    Van, thanks for another great call! Croatia clearly the more talented side, just as you stated. 

    In your opinion, if Croatia plays France 10 times, how many W’s would you give them? I’m trying to decide if I should hedge my France future and for how much (if at all). I would prefer to let it ride. 

    Thanks again Van! Your threads are always great reads 
     
    Kaufee
    Kaufee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5013
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 4:19 PM ET #682

    I assumed you were in France? But maybe not? I’ll wait for the write up.
    Reply
    I assumed you were in France? But maybe not? I’ll wait for the write up.
     
    bleek88
    bleek88
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 905
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 5:07 PM ET #683

    I’ll make vanzacks play for him.

    Croatia +185

    10 g

    Reply

    I’ll make vanzacks play for him.

    Croatia +185

    10 g

     
    viet076
    viet076
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2018
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 5:44 PM ET #684

    Mr. Vanzack!

    Do you follow any other soccer leagues like UEFA Champions League?

    Thanks

    Reply

    Mr. Vanzack!

    Do you follow any other soccer leagues like UEFA Champions League?

    Thanks

     
    BarneysDad
    BarneysDad
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 23615
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 5:50 PM ET #685

    Van, Nice advance win yesterday for us bud which was my big play . I saw something yesterday that has me a bit concerned about my Croatia futures bets to win it all. Im sure you know where Im going with this IE Dead Legs!!!! because you watched also. 

    That beautiful strike on the free kick and the energy and speed that England came out with made me a little uneasy to say the least. Even though Croatia dominated possession. They looked tired and depleted until that equalizer sparked the fire.

    Do you think their Heart and Soul with their talent can carry them Sunday?  
    Reply
    Van, Nice advance win yesterday for us bud which was my big play . I saw something yesterday that has me a bit concerned about my Croatia futures bets to win it all. Im sure you know where Im going with this IE Dead Legs!!!! because you watched also. 

    That beautiful strike on the free kick and the energy and speed that England came out with made me a little uneasy to say the least. Even though Croatia dominated possession. They looked tired and depleted until that equalizer sparked the fire.

    Do you think their Heart and Soul with their talent can carry them Sunday?  
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 7:46 PM ET #686

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    Van, thanks for another great call! Croatia clearly the more talented side, just as you stated. 

    In your opinion, if Croatia plays France 10 times, how many W’s would you give them? I’m trying to decide if I should hedge my France future and for how much (if at all). I would prefer to let it ride. 

    Thanks again Van! Your threads are always great reads 

    Still doing writeup.  Will post it tomorrow.

    Thanks for the nice words!

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    Van, thanks for another great call! Croatia clearly the more talented side, just as you stated. 

    In your opinion, if Croatia plays France 10 times, how many W’s would you give them? I’m trying to decide if I should hedge my France future and for how much (if at all). I would prefer to let it ride. 

    Thanks again Van! Your threads are always great reads 

    Still doing writeup.  Will post it tomorrow.

    Thanks for the nice words!

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 7:49 PM ET #687

    Quote Originally Posted by viet076:

    Mr. Vanzack!

    Do you follow any other soccer leagues like UEFA Champions League?

    Thanks


    Well, I doubt I would know anything about these international tournaments without following club leagues as well.

    I think I watch more soccer than just about anyone - at least that I know.  All the major leagues, and even some of the minor ones too - almost every game that I can get my hands on.  I have studied game tactics also.

    I post the international tournaments here.  Not really sure why that developed that way, but I bet all season every season.  I only really bet two sports at this point - football and football (soccer).

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by viet076:

    Mr. Vanzack!

    Do you follow any other soccer leagues like UEFA Champions League?

    Thanks


    Well, I doubt I would know anything about these international tournaments without following club leagues as well.

    I think I watch more soccer than just about anyone - at least that I know.  All the major leagues, and even some of the minor ones too - almost every game that I can get my hands on.  I have studied game tactics also.

    I post the international tournaments here.  Not really sure why that developed that way, but I bet all season every season.  I only really bet two sports at this point - football and football (soccer).

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 7:53 PM ET #688

    Quote Originally Posted by BarneysDad:

    Van, Nice advance win yesterday for us bud which was my big play . I saw something yesterday that has me a bit concerned about my Croatia futures bets to win it all. Im sure you know where Im going with this IE Dead Legs!!!! because you watched also. 

    That beautiful strike on the free kick and the energy and speed that England came out with made me a little uneasy to say the least. Even though Croatia dominated possession. They looked tired and depleted until that equalizer sparked the fire.

    Do you think their Heart and Soul with their talent can carry them Sunday?  

    Hey Barney - writeup and picks coming tomorrow....

    Certainly it is unprecedented that a team has won three 120 minute games in a row, and has to play another.  That is equal to 5 full games in 15 calendar days!!  

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneysDad:

    Van, Nice advance win yesterday for us bud which was my big play . I saw something yesterday that has me a bit concerned about my Croatia futures bets to win it all. Im sure you know where Im going with this IE Dead Legs!!!! because you watched also. 

    That beautiful strike on the free kick and the energy and speed that England came out with made me a little uneasy to say the least. Even though Croatia dominated possession. They looked tired and depleted until that equalizer sparked the fire.

    Do you think their Heart and Soul with their talent can carry them Sunday?  

    Hey Barney - writeup and picks coming tomorrow....

    Certainly it is unprecedented that a team has won three 120 minute games in a row, and has to play another.  That is equal to 5 full games in 15 calendar days!!  

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 8:02 PM ET #689

    Croatia will play on Sunday in their traditional checkered shirts.

    Great touch.


    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Croatia will play on Sunday in their traditional checkered shirts.

    Great touch.


     
    rf_dawg
    rf_dawg
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 2520
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2018 - 8:02 PM ET #690

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    I’m trying to decide if I should hedge my France future and for how much (if at all). I would prefer to let it ride. Thanks again Van! Your threads are always great reads

    Let it ride. Kante & Pogba will stymie the Croatian midfield (their strength) and France is better everywhere elee on the field.

    I'm not sure how Lovren & Vida keep up with Mbappe's pace.  2-0 to France is my call (early goal + one late when Croatia is attacking and are exposed).

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufee:

    I’m trying to decide if I should hedge my France future and for how much (if at all). I would prefer to let it ride. Thanks again Van! Your threads are always great reads

    Let it ride. Kante & Pogba will stymie the Croatian midfield (their strength) and France is better everywhere elee on the field.

    I'm not sure how Lovren & Vida keep up with Mbappe's pace.  2-0 to France is my call (early goal + one late when Croatia is attacking and are exposed).

     
    kvs23
    kvs23
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 776
    Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 - 8:44 AM ET #691

    Van - I have access for big plays - would love to get access for your plays year round (happy to pay a fee) - you are great in your soccer analysis.
    Reply
    Van - I have access for big plays - would love to get access for your plays year round (happy to pay a fee) - you are great in your soccer analysis.
     
    HatOnBed
    HatOnBed
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 362
    Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 - 12:25 PM ET #692

    Van, do you post your American football picks and analysis anywhere? Covers should pay you to do it here.

    BOL this weekend.
    Reply
    Van, do you post your American football picks and analysis anywhere? Covers should pay you to do it here.

    BOL this weekend.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 - 4:20 PM ET #693

    Quote Originally Posted by kvs23:

    Van - I have access for big plays - would love to get access for your plays year round (happy to pay a fee) - you are great in your soccer analysis.

    Thanks for the compliment.

    I find that posting year round is too difficult, and TBH, I do not get enjoyment out of it.  It becomes a chore.  And it is a no win situation.  You see what happened even in this thread, you go on a losing streak and you have to deal with idiots who bet their life savings on one of your picks.

    A lot of how I wager year round in soccer is lineups and line moves, and those are an hour before gametime.  So it is difficult - and time consuming.  My typical scenario on a Saturday is that I have 4 computers going and 8 TV screens, watching for all kinds of things - and I have lots of books I can bet at.  

    Imagine for a moment that I say on here "there is an arb between betfair on the handicap market and bet365" - first of all nobody would know what I am talking about - and second of all nobody has access - and third it is gone by the time I type the words.

    The EPL is one of the most efficient betting markets there is.  So when you bet in to it, pennies matter.  For this thread - I post just about the worst number possible at the time I post.  Anybody who bet what I bet exactly in this thread is up quite a bit more than what I am posting as my running record.  

    But most of all, posting consistently is not fun here.  It is a combination of covers posting forum technology being terrible, and the constant drain of what have you done for me lately.  You can post winners for 5 weeks in a row but god forbid you lose for 1.  I choose to put positivity in my life.

    But I have been here for 20 years now.  I think by now people know what they get when I post.  I consistently win at football and soccer.  I have learned the pitfalls and how to avoid them.

    Sorry for the rant....

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kvs23:

    Van - I have access for big plays - would love to get access for your plays year round (happy to pay a fee) - you are great in your soccer analysis.

    Thanks for the compliment.

    I find that posting year round is too difficult, and TBH, I do not get enjoyment out of it.  It becomes a chore.  And it is a no win situation.  You see what happened even in this thread, you go on a losing streak and you have to deal with idiots who bet their life savings on one of your picks.

    A lot of how I wager year round in soccer is lineups and line moves, and those are an hour before gametime.  So it is difficult - and time consuming.  My typical scenario on a Saturday is that I have 4 computers going and 8 TV screens, watching for all kinds of things - and I have lots of books I can bet at.  

    Imagine for a moment that I say on here "there is an arb between betfair on the handicap market and bet365" - first of all nobody would know what I am talking about - and second of all nobody has access - and third it is gone by the time I type the words.

    The EPL is one of the most efficient betting markets there is.  So when you bet in to it, pennies matter.  For this thread - I post just about the worst number possible at the time I post.  Anybody who bet what I bet exactly in this thread is up quite a bit more than what I am posting as my running record.  

    But most of all, posting consistently is not fun here.  It is a combination of covers posting forum technology being terrible, and the constant drain of what have you done for me lately.  You can post winners for 5 weeks in a row but god forbid you lose for 1.  I choose to put positivity in my life.

    But I have been here for 20 years now.  I think by now people know what they get when I post.  I consistently win at football and soccer.  I have learned the pitfalls and how to avoid them.

    Sorry for the rant....

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 - 4:25 PM ET #694

    Quote Originally Posted by HatOnBed:

    Van, do you post your American football picks and analysis anywhere? Covers should pay you to do it here.

    BOL this weekend.

    Covers isn't interested in anyone who knows what they are doing or has success.  Covers is interested in marketing.  Their "experts" are paid to get people on board - not to win - thats what the sports handicapping industry is about.  



    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HatOnBed:

    Van, do you post your American football picks and analysis anywhere? Covers should pay you to do it here.

    BOL this weekend.

    Covers isn't interested in anyone who knows what they are doing or has success.  Covers is interested in marketing.  Their "experts" are paid to get people on board - not to win - thats what the sports handicapping industry is about.  



     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 - 4:47 PM ET #695

    Third place match....

    Alright, I think I have read enough coming out of both camps to know that at least on the Belgium side, they are actually going to play this game like it means something.  Martinez feels good about his side - and is swearing he is playing a full team and that they are ready.  England saying the same thing, but surely Trippier will be out, and Southgate has said a few things that make me believe he is more likely to rotate the squad a little bit than Martinez.

    But the overall tone from both is that they are coming to play.  So my usual auto-bet on the over is out for this one.  Mostly because I don't think England can score from open play, and I think there are reasons you can point to.  There just hasn't been enough build up play from the midfield to feed one of the premier strikers in the tournament - and therefore you often see Kane in a position where he shouldn't be - picking the ball up to close to midfield or way out on the flanks.  England has no wing play, and so Kane is receiving zero crosses that are in positions for him to be dangerous.  

    England has been one of the most narrow sides in this tournament, on both offense and defense.  Croatia torched England after HT and in ET by just going side to side, in to what was acres of space.  Just watch this prime example on the Perisic goal - side to side and then back in the middle.  Notice how much space and time the crosser has to line it up:

    https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/video/1274889283552

    This strategy wasn't by accident, and England had no answer for it.  The side to side play continued - with England never really adjusting.  England was left to attack with longer balls with no real purpose, and their midfield was essentially run out of the match.

    Well guess what.  Belgium loves to attack down the flanks, and has a perfect system to do it with.  Go back a few hundred posts in this thread to the Brazil / Belgium writeup - where I explained the Martinez "wingback" system.  I think he will happily employ it here against England, especially with Meunier back - and they should have the same success on the flanks that Croatia had.   Englands Trippier - who has been one of their best if not their best player so far - will not be there also in this key spot.  

    Englands speed is the one weapon that should concern Belgium, but that speed and freedom for Lingard and Alli to attack with freedom should also be their downfall on the counter-attack.  But it is quite possible that England will get in behind the Belgium defense - as they did several times in the first half against Croatia but didn't finish.

    I will wait until lineups to make sure that Belgium is playing what resembles a starting squad - but if they do - they play is:

    Belgium PK and -.5 +102 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 2.04)
    Belgium to win 3rd place -150 (1.5 units to win 1)

    GL

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Third place match....

    Alright, I think I have read enough coming out of both camps to know that at least on the Belgium side, they are actually going to play this game like it means something.  Martinez feels good about his side - and is swearing he is playing a full team and that they are ready.  England saying the same thing, but surely Trippier will be out, and Southgate has said a few things that make me believe he is more likely to rotate the squad a little bit than Martinez.

    But the overall tone from both is that they are coming to play.  So my usual auto-bet on the over is out for this one.  Mostly because I don't think England can score from open play, and I think there are reasons you can point to.  There just hasn't been enough build up play from the midfield to feed one of the premier strikers in the tournament - and therefore you often see Kane in a position where he shouldn't be - picking the ball up to close to midfield or way out on the flanks.  England has no wing play, and so Kane is receiving zero crosses that are in positions for him to be dangerous.  

    England has been one of the most narrow sides in this tournament, on both offense and defense.  Croatia torched England after HT and in ET by just going side to side, in to what was acres of space.  Just watch this prime example on the Perisic goal - side to side and then back in the middle.  Notice how much space and time the crosser has to line it up:

    https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/video/1274889283552

    This strategy wasn't by accident, and England had no answer for it.  The side to side play continued - with England never really adjusting.  England was left to attack with longer balls with no real purpose, and their midfield was essentially run out of the match.

    Well guess what.  Belgium loves to attack down the flanks, and has a perfect system to do it with.  Go back a few hundred posts in this thread to the Brazil / Belgium writeup - where I explained the Martinez "wingback" system.  I think he will happily employ it here against England, especially with Meunier back - and they should have the same success on the flanks that Croatia had.   Englands Trippier - who has been one of their best if not their best player so far - will not be there also in this key spot.  

    Englands speed is the one weapon that should concern Belgium, but that speed and freedom for Lingard and Alli to attack with freedom should also be their downfall on the counter-attack.  But it is quite possible that England will get in behind the Belgium defense - as they did several times in the first half against Croatia but didn't finish.

    I will wait until lineups to make sure that Belgium is playing what resembles a starting squad - but if they do - they play is:

    Belgium PK and -.5 +102 (90 minutes) (2 units to win 2.04)
    Belgium to win 3rd place -150 (1.5 units to win 1)

    GL

     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 - 6:52 PM ET #696

    Mr van, there is a feature article in Sports Illutrated this week “about the World Cup”. I read it with disappointment, expecting a thoughtful analysis of the games to date. Instead it was mostly about the increase in set plays, which you may get more out of than I did., and even more irrelevant data remotely connected to set plays. Anyway, there it is if you choose. I likened to their coverage of the US Open which I missed to being away. I had hoped to read how Koepka won it. No such luck. Virtually nothing about the tournament itself.

    Anyway its been fun coming back again to Covers and buying a few shares of stock in Vanguard Inc. maybe I’ll come back during football where I have more to contribute. Best of luck.

    Reply

    Mr van, there is a feature article in Sports Illutrated this week “about the World Cup”. I read it with disappointment, expecting a thoughtful analysis of the games to date. Instead it was mostly about the increase in set plays, which you may get more out of than I did., and even more irrelevant data remotely connected to set plays. Anyway, there it is if you choose. I likened to their coverage of the US Open which I missed to being away. I had hoped to read how Koepka won it. No such luck. Virtually nothing about the tournament itself.

    Anyway its been fun coming back again to Covers and buying a few shares of stock in Vanguard Inc. maybe I’ll come back during football where I have more to contribute. Best of luck.

     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 - 7:11 PM ET #697

    That’s Vanzack, inc. iPad loves to change things

    Reply

    That’s Vanzack, inc. iPad loves to change things

     
    johnkar3
    johnkar3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 97
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 5:45 AM ET #698

    Van how do you feel about the over 2.5 with bel/eng?  

    Reply

    Van how do you feel about the over 2.5 with bel/eng?  

     
    johnkar3
    johnkar3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 97
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 8:03 AM ET #699

    Quote Originally Posted by johnkar3:

    Van how do you feel about the over 2.5 with bel/eng?
    nvm.  I see where you are staying off.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by johnkar3:

    Van how do you feel about the over 2.5 with bel/eng?
    nvm.  I see where you are staying off.

     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2018 - 9:07 AM ET #700

    Enlgand resting Walker, Henderson, Dele, and Lingard

    Belgium playing Tielmans in Fellaini role from last game, otherwise full team.

    Good news for Belgium backers.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Enlgand resting Walker, Henderson, Dele, and Lingard

    Belgium playing Tielmans in Fellaini role from last game, otherwise full team.

    Good news for Belgium backers.
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 282930 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 906
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,337
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,148
    • PART DEUX 236
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,123
    • Week 5 Money 6,869
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,130
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,409

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.