• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 252627 ... 303132 Next Last»
    DoubleUp4Life
    QAnon
    GanjaGandalf
    vanzack
    barneybeans
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 252627 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2018 - 1:45 PM ET #601

    Spot on with the England v Sweden breakdown 


    Lets make some coins on Croatia 

    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Spot on with the England v Sweden breakdown 


    Lets make some coins on Croatia 

     
    QAnon
    QAnon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2018
    Posts: 53
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2018 - 1:54 PM ET #602

    Swedish players looked listless out there. Did they sleep at all? I doubt it. Seems a few English fans were out pranking.

     

    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-worldcup-swe-eng-alarm/sweden-evacuate-team-hotel-after-false-alarm-idUKKBN1JX0E4

    Reply

    Swedish players looked listless out there. Did they sleep at all? I doubt it. Seems a few English fans were out pranking.

     

    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-worldcup-swe-eng-alarm/sweden-evacuate-team-hotel-after-false-alarm-idUKKBN1JX0E4

     
    GanjaGandalf
    GanjaGandalf
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 411
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2018 - 2:01 PM ET #603

    On Croatia aswell.

    BOL bud clover

    Reply

    On Croatia aswell.

    BOL bud clover

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 5:05 PM ET #604

    Up to date through quarterfinals....

    OVERALL RECORD:   Up 58.775  Down 53.4

    Future Bets: (truncated)
    Up 3.17  Down 2

    Game Bets: (truncated)
    Current Record - UP 55.605  Down 51.4
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Up to date through quarterfinals....

    OVERALL RECORD:   Up 58.775  Down 53.4

    Future Bets: (truncated)
    Up 3.17  Down 2

    Game Bets: (truncated)
    Current Record - UP 55.605  Down 51.4
     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 5:15 PM ET #605

    up is, well, UP! 
    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply
    up is, well, UP! 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 5:18 PM ET #606

    It has taken me a few days to get over the Belgium / Brazil game.  Not because it was a loss - that happens all the time - but because of what happened in that loss.

    I don't care what you will read in the media.  I don't care if Belgium goes on to win the tournament.  I can tell you that if they played that game 10 times, Brazil wins comfortably 9 out of those 10 times based on what I saw during that game.

    Dont believe me?  Google "expected goals model".  These use extremely data centric models to determine goal scoring opportunities during a game - and assigns probability of success on those chances to determine expected goals.  It is a really good gauge to determine if you were fortunate, or unlucky as it may be.

    The Brazil / Belgium expected goals model is roughly 3 - .5 in favor of Brazil, and the chance of Brazil winning is 93%.  That is what makes me not sleep at night, and several days of ignoring covers.  But I am bouncing back.

    Martinez did change his system, and kudos to him for doing so, but the credit he is receiving is very much results biased based.  If they lose that match - he is an idiot.  But to be fair - that is much of how sports work in general.

    I am sticking with what I saw, what I have seen, and what I believe about these sides going in to the France / Belgium match.  And that is that Belgium will revert back to their wingback formation, and while France is not set up as well as Brazil to counter it - they should succeed in exploiting the flanks.  Belgium will likely return to the norm when it comes to converting chances also.

    I like France for all of the obvious reasons - but also for one that maybe doesn't get talked about enough - and that is N'golo Kante.  He is probably the best in the world at his position - holding midfield (defensive) - and he really is the MVP of this tournament for me - especially if France go on to win it.  He will never win it of course because he isn't scoring goals - but his influence on games is incredible.  Do yourself a favor and watch this guy away from the ball.  Watch his movement and anticipation - it is stuff you really cant teach - and he runs on max for the whole game.

    Anyway....

    France PK and -.5 +112 (90 minutes) (2 to win 2.24)
    France to advance -128  (2.56 to win 2)
    Predicted final score France 2-1
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    It has taken me a few days to get over the Belgium / Brazil game.  Not because it was a loss - that happens all the time - but because of what happened in that loss.

    I don't care what you will read in the media.  I don't care if Belgium goes on to win the tournament.  I can tell you that if they played that game 10 times, Brazil wins comfortably 9 out of those 10 times based on what I saw during that game.

    Dont believe me?  Google "expected goals model".  These use extremely data centric models to determine goal scoring opportunities during a game - and assigns probability of success on those chances to determine expected goals.  It is a really good gauge to determine if you were fortunate, or unlucky as it may be.

    The Brazil / Belgium expected goals model is roughly 3 - .5 in favor of Brazil, and the chance of Brazil winning is 93%.  That is what makes me not sleep at night, and several days of ignoring covers.  But I am bouncing back.

    Martinez did change his system, and kudos to him for doing so, but the credit he is receiving is very much results biased based.  If they lose that match - he is an idiot.  But to be fair - that is much of how sports work in general.

    I am sticking with what I saw, what I have seen, and what I believe about these sides going in to the France / Belgium match.  And that is that Belgium will revert back to their wingback formation, and while France is not set up as well as Brazil to counter it - they should succeed in exploiting the flanks.  Belgium will likely return to the norm when it comes to converting chances also.

    I like France for all of the obvious reasons - but also for one that maybe doesn't get talked about enough - and that is N'golo Kante.  He is probably the best in the world at his position - holding midfield (defensive) - and he really is the MVP of this tournament for me - especially if France go on to win it.  He will never win it of course because he isn't scoring goals - but his influence on games is incredible.  Do yourself a favor and watch this guy away from the ball.  Watch his movement and anticipation - it is stuff you really cant teach - and he runs on max for the whole game.

    Anyway....

    France PK and -.5 +112 (90 minutes) (2 to win 2.24)
    France to advance -128  (2.56 to win 2)
    Predicted final score France 2-1
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 5:19 PM ET #607

    Quote Originally Posted by barneybeans:

    up is, well, UP! 

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by barneybeans:

    up is, well, UP! 

     
    Titusblink
    Titusblink
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6738
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 5:46 PM ET #608

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    It has taken me a few days to get over the Belgium / Brazil game.  Not because it was a loss - that happens all the time - but because of what happened in that loss.I don't care what you will read in the media.  I don't care if Belgium goes on to win the tournament.  I can tell you that if they played that game 10 times, Brazil wins comfortably 9 out of those 10 times based on what I saw during that game.Dont believe me?  Google "expected goals model".  These use extremely data centric models to determine goal scoring opportunities during a game - and assigns probability of success on those chances to determine expected goals.  It is a really good gauge to determine if you were fortunate, or unlucky as it may be.The Brazil / Belgium expected goals model is roughly 3 - .5 in favor of Brazil, and the chance of Brazil winning is 93%.  That is what makes me not sleep at night, and several days of ignoring covers.  But I am bouncing back.Martinez did change his system, and kudos to him for doing so, but the credit he is receiving is very much results biased based.  If they lose that match - he is an idiot.  But to be fair - that is much of how sports work in general.I am sticking with what I saw, what I have seen, and what I believe about these sides going in to the France / Belgium match.  And that is that Belgium will revert back to their wingback formation, and while France is not set up as well as Brazil to counter it - they should succeed in exploiting the flanks.  Belgium will likely return to the norm when it comes to converting chances also.I like France for all of the obvious reasons - but also for one that maybe doesn't get talked about enough - and that is N'golo Kante.  He is probably the best in the world at his position - holding midfield (defensive) - and he really is the MVP of this tournament for me - especially if France go on to win it.  He will never win it of course because he isn't scoring goals - but his influence on games is incredible.  Do yourself a favor and watch this guy away from the ball.  Watch his movement and anticipation - it is stuff you really cant teach - and he runs on max for the whole game.Anyway....France PK and -.5 +112 (90 minutes) (2 to win 2.24)France to advance -128  (2.56 to win 2)Predicted final score France 2-1

     

    Stacked lineup France has... If you believe Neymar is overrated, France perhaps has the strongest lineup of any world cup team and if Neymar is rightly rated as heir apparent, then France comfortably #2... No even slight  weaknesses for me. And as you mention your love for midfield advantages, Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is underrated largely due to Pogba being shackled by Mourinho... They look dominant! Also a shout out to Pavard and Hernandez, what players! Would love Giroud on the bench, and Dembele in the lineup but that would of course, change the shape of the team.... I am just on the over thus far with a slight Belgium lean given the odds but listening to all analyses to see if there is more to add.. BTTS is interesting...

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    It has taken me a few days to get over the Belgium / Brazil game.  Not because it was a loss - that happens all the time - but because of what happened in that loss.I don't care what you will read in the media.  I don't care if Belgium goes on to win the tournament.  I can tell you that if they played that game 10 times, Brazil wins comfortably 9 out of those 10 times based on what I saw during that game.Dont believe me?  Google "expected goals model".  These use extremely data centric models to determine goal scoring opportunities during a game - and assigns probability of success on those chances to determine expected goals.  It is a really good gauge to determine if you were fortunate, or unlucky as it may be.The Brazil / Belgium expected goals model is roughly 3 - .5 in favor of Brazil, and the chance of Brazil winning is 93%.  That is what makes me not sleep at night, and several days of ignoring covers.  But I am bouncing back.Martinez did change his system, and kudos to him for doing so, but the credit he is receiving is very much results biased based.  If they lose that match - he is an idiot.  But to be fair - that is much of how sports work in general.I am sticking with what I saw, what I have seen, and what I believe about these sides going in to the France / Belgium match.  And that is that Belgium will revert back to their wingback formation, and while France is not set up as well as Brazil to counter it - they should succeed in exploiting the flanks.  Belgium will likely return to the norm when it comes to converting chances also.I like France for all of the obvious reasons - but also for one that maybe doesn't get talked about enough - and that is N'golo Kante.  He is probably the best in the world at his position - holding midfield (defensive) - and he really is the MVP of this tournament for me - especially if France go on to win it.  He will never win it of course because he isn't scoring goals - but his influence on games is incredible.  Do yourself a favor and watch this guy away from the ball.  Watch his movement and anticipation - it is stuff you really cant teach - and he runs on max for the whole game.Anyway....France PK and -.5 +112 (90 minutes) (2 to win 2.24)France to advance -128  (2.56 to win 2)Predicted final score France 2-1

     

    Stacked lineup France has... If you believe Neymar is overrated, France perhaps has the strongest lineup of any world cup team and if Neymar is rightly rated as heir apparent, then France comfortably #2... No even slight  weaknesses for me. And as you mention your love for midfield advantages, Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is underrated largely due to Pogba being shackled by Mourinho... They look dominant! Also a shout out to Pavard and Hernandez, what players! Would love Giroud on the bench, and Dembele in the lineup but that would of course, change the shape of the team.... I am just on the over thus far with a slight Belgium lean given the odds but listening to all analyses to see if there is more to add.. BTTS is interesting...

     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 5:47 PM ET #609

    Thanks, Vanz. Although I agree with you the Belgians have been so fortunate thus far that it is scary betting against them. They also play with a lot of joy, and are great front runners. When they get one goal in their energy and resolve to get more doubles. I still like France but not as much as you. Which brings me to my question, can you tell us your lean for the England Croatia matchup? I am very interested on your thoughts regarding that game because I think the Croats are in a bad spot and that is not something that we can usually say about a team in a semifinal in the WC. Thanks in advance. 
    Reply
    Thanks, Vanz. Although I agree with you the Belgians have been so fortunate thus far that it is scary betting against them. They also play with a lot of joy, and are great front runners. When they get one goal in their energy and resolve to get more doubles. I still like France but not as much as you. Which brings me to my question, can you tell us your lean for the England Croatia matchup? I am very interested on your thoughts regarding that game because I think the Croats are in a bad spot and that is not something that we can usually say about a team in a semifinal in the WC. Thanks in advance. 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 5:49 PM ET #610

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

     

    Stacked lineup France has... If you believe Neymar is overrated, France perhaps has the strongest lineup of any world cup team and if Neymar is rightly rated as heir apparent, then France comfortably #2... No even slight  weaknesses for me. And as you mention your love for midfield advantages, Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is underrated largely due to Pogba being shackled by Mourinho... They look dominant! Also a shout out to Pavard and Hernandez, what players! Would love Giroud on the bench, and Dembele in the lineup but that would of course, change the shape of the team.... I am just on the over thus far with a slight Belgium lean given the odds but listening to all analyses to see if there is more to add.. BTTS is interesting...


    Agree totally.

    I think BTTS is also a good bet here.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

     

    Stacked lineup France has... If you believe Neymar is overrated, France perhaps has the strongest lineup of any world cup team and if Neymar is rightly rated as heir apparent, then France comfortably #2... No even slight  weaknesses for me. And as you mention your love for midfield advantages, Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is underrated largely due to Pogba being shackled by Mourinho... They look dominant! Also a shout out to Pavard and Hernandez, what players! Would love Giroud on the bench, and Dembele in the lineup but that would of course, change the shape of the team.... I am just on the over thus far with a slight Belgium lean given the odds but listening to all analyses to see if there is more to add.. BTTS is interesting...


    Agree totally.

    I think BTTS is also a good bet here.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 6:01 PM ET #611

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    Thanks, Vanz. Although I agree with you the Belgians have been so fortunate thus far that it is scary betting against them. They also play with a lot of joy, and are great front runners. When they get one goal in their energy and resolve to get more doubles. I still like France but not as much as you. Which brings me to my question, can you tell us your lean for the England Croatia matchup? I am very interested on your thoughts regarding that game because I think the Croats are in a bad spot and that is not something that we can usually say about a team in a semifinal in the WC. Thanks in advance. 

    Understand your comments about Belgium, and agree.  

    My thoughts on Croatia vs England....  I am going to do a writeup on it tomorrow - but this is the preview....

    If this match was a month from now, I would be all over Croatia.  I think they have advantages all over the field, especially in midfield.  Rakitic and Modric have been dominant - and England have no answer for this.  I don't see many positions on the field other than striker where an England player would start on this Croatia team.

    That being said, I have a lot of trouble believing that 2 120 minute games in a row with 2 shootouts won't have an effect on this team.  So I am somewhat conflicted.  Pretty sure I would want to have Croatia in 90 minutes because I am sure another ET would benefit England.  It won't be a big money game for me - but if I had to bet today - I would be looking at Croatia in 90 minutes probably at a PK +135ish for about 2 units risk.  Could all change - but for now - that is my thoughts.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    Thanks, Vanz. Although I agree with you the Belgians have been so fortunate thus far that it is scary betting against them. They also play with a lot of joy, and are great front runners. When they get one goal in their energy and resolve to get more doubles. I still like France but not as much as you. Which brings me to my question, can you tell us your lean for the England Croatia matchup? I am very interested on your thoughts regarding that game because I think the Croats are in a bad spot and that is not something that we can usually say about a team in a semifinal in the WC. Thanks in advance. 

    Understand your comments about Belgium, and agree.  

    My thoughts on Croatia vs England....  I am going to do a writeup on it tomorrow - but this is the preview....

    If this match was a month from now, I would be all over Croatia.  I think they have advantages all over the field, especially in midfield.  Rakitic and Modric have been dominant - and England have no answer for this.  I don't see many positions on the field other than striker where an England player would start on this Croatia team.

    That being said, I have a lot of trouble believing that 2 120 minute games in a row with 2 shootouts won't have an effect on this team.  So I am somewhat conflicted.  Pretty sure I would want to have Croatia in 90 minutes because I am sure another ET would benefit England.  It won't be a big money game for me - but if I had to bet today - I would be looking at Croatia in 90 minutes probably at a PK +135ish for about 2 units risk.  Could all change - but for now - that is my thoughts.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 6:03 PM ET #612

    One other note...

    I do believe there is a big "homer" effect with England.

    England - bless them - is full of degenerate gamblers.  And they all think they are going to win the WC.

    The price on England definitely has this built in.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    One other note...

    I do believe there is a big "homer" effect with England.

    England - bless them - is full of degenerate gamblers.  And they all think they are going to win the WC.

    The price on England definitely has this built in.
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 7:05 PM ET #613

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    One other note...

    I do believe there is a big "homer" effect with England.

    England - bless them - is full of degenerate gamblers.  And they all think they are going to win the WC.

    The price on England definitely has this built in.


    I completely agree. Also agree that Croatia is more talented in key positions but I can't overlook the intangibles--current form, team chemistry and spirit, better situational spot due the path the other team has taken, and coaching --which all seem to favor England. Don't these things factor in in any way when betting soccer? Or is it all about matchups on the field and/or finding value in the line regardless of who is in an a better position to win?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    One other note...

    I do believe there is a big "homer" effect with England.

    England - bless them - is full of degenerate gamblers.  And they all think they are going to win the WC.

    The price on England definitely has this built in.


    I completely agree. Also agree that Croatia is more talented in key positions but I can't overlook the intangibles--current form, team chemistry and spirit, better situational spot due the path the other team has taken, and coaching --which all seem to favor England. Don't these things factor in in any way when betting soccer? Or is it all about matchups on the field and/or finding value in the line regardless of who is in an a better position to win?
     
    NoodleArmHCG
    NoodleArmHCG
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 7:38 PM ET #614

    Van couldn't agree more on Kante...he absolutely DOMINATED versus Uruguay and played his best game of what has been a superb tourney for him. Seemed like he won every single challenge, got every single 50/50 ball, and every single one of his passes was spot on and exactly where they needed to be, in addition to basically being in exact right place the entire match as you pointed out. What a player an_cheerspeace_5

     

    Sitting on a large France 7-1 future and love seeing you on them to advance

    Reply

    Van couldn't agree more on Kante...he absolutely DOMINATED versus Uruguay and played his best game of what has been a superb tourney for him. Seemed like he won every single challenge, got every single 50/50 ball, and every single one of his passes was spot on and exactly where they needed to be, in addition to basically being in exact right place the entire match as you pointed out. What a player an_cheerspeace_5

     

    Sitting on a large France 7-1 future and love seeing you on them to advance

     
    panthalassa
    panthalassa
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 1276
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 8:18 PM ET #615

    Speaking of “what we read in the media” and “results bias”, there was a depressing amount of drivel to fill quotas and columns, based upon one game whose result you ague persuasively isn’t quite representative of relative strength. Outlets and writers who should know better went immediately from “Brazil’s favored to win it all” and “Brazil is the most creative with the ball, and btw can’t be scored on” to “They’re in a major identity crisis” and “In disarray, Brazil must toss its entire philosophy for something more Euro.”  One less errant kick on at least four occasions in the last 12 minutes or so could have altered this narrative completely. This was a far cry from their 2014 exit, but you’d hardly know it from some of the lazy post game hyperbole and parallels.
    Thanks for taking the extra time to share your musings.
    Reply
    Speaking of “what we read in the media” and “results bias”, there was a depressing amount of drivel to fill quotas and columns, based upon one game whose result you ague persuasively isn’t quite representative of relative strength. Outlets and writers who should know better went immediately from “Brazil’s favored to win it all” and “Brazil is the most creative with the ball, and btw can’t be scored on” to “They’re in a major identity crisis” and “In disarray, Brazil must toss its entire philosophy for something more Euro.”  One less errant kick on at least four occasions in the last 12 minutes or so could have altered this narrative completely. This was a far cry from their 2014 exit, but you’d hardly know it from some of the lazy post game hyperbole and parallels.
    Thanks for taking the extra time to share your musings.
     
    budwiser
    budwiser
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 17917
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 8:44 PM ET #616

    Brazil was the best team by far imo so yeah I agree with they shouldn't have lost to Belgium. But Belgium's offense was lights out.


    By far the best game of the tournament so far in terms of pure talent.  caviar.

    Reply

    Brazil was the best team by far imo so yeah I agree with they shouldn't have lost to Belgium. But Belgium's offense was lights out.


    By far the best game of the tournament so far in terms of pure talent.  caviar.

     
    Kaufee
    Kaufee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5013
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 8:52 PM ET #617

    Yo Vanzack,

    Couldn’t agree more with your take on the Brazil loss. The game I saw was total domination by the losing team. Yet, Martinez is praised for his stellar coaching. I’m sure he coached up that own goal, Brazil’s shot off the post, and all those beautiful looks that Brazil had - only to go wide or high each time. Belgium was incredibly lucky and Brazil incredibly unlucky all in the same game. 

    That one will give me nightmares for sometime! 
    Reply
    Yo Vanzack,

    Couldn’t agree more with your take on the Brazil loss. The game I saw was total domination by the losing team. Yet, Martinez is praised for his stellar coaching. I’m sure he coached up that own goal, Brazil’s shot off the post, and all those beautiful looks that Brazil had - only to go wide or high each time. Belgium was incredibly lucky and Brazil incredibly unlucky all in the same game. 

    That one will give me nightmares for sometime! 
     
    easymoney8474
    easymoney8474
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 1132
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 8:57 PM ET #618

    Van I appreciate all your posts and tail you from time to time.

    I wouldnt think too hard about the added minutes played by Croatia.  These guys are elite athletes and very fit.  Lets be honest though this isn't a sport where your experiencing one on one battles like hockey does.  These guys are doing a lot of jogging, some sprinting and a little walking at times.  With a few good nights sleep they will be fine.  Croatia's back line has some question marks but if they field there usual lineup I don't see how England penetrates it.  I also see Croatia control the midfield game as they did for almost the whole game vs everyone they played.  I love seeing England money pour in so the Croatia line rises.

    Reply

    Van I appreciate all your posts and tail you from time to time.

    I wouldnt think too hard about the added minutes played by Croatia.  These guys are elite athletes and very fit.  Lets be honest though this isn't a sport where your experiencing one on one battles like hockey does.  These guys are doing a lot of jogging, some sprinting and a little walking at times.  With a few good nights sleep they will be fine.  Croatia's back line has some question marks but if they field there usual lineup I don't see how England penetrates it.  I also see Croatia control the midfield game as they did for almost the whole game vs everyone they played.  I love seeing England money pour in so the Croatia line rises.

     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 10:13 PM ET #619

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

      Stacked lineup France has... If you believe Neymar is overrated, France perhaps has the strongest lineup of any world cup team and if Neymar is rightly rated as heir apparent, then France comfortably #2... No even slight  weaknesses for me. And as you mention your love for midfield advantages, Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is underrated largely due to Pogba being shackled by Mourinho... They look dominant! Also a shout out to Pavard and Hernandez, what players! Would love Giroud on the bench, and Dembele in the lineup but that would of course, change the shape of the team.... I am just on the over thus far with a slight Belgium lean given the odds but listening to all analyses to see if there is more to add.. BTTS is interesting...
    Agree totally.I think BTTS is also a good bet here.

    someone please help. What is “BTTS”.  ?   Glad to see you back, mr van. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

      Stacked lineup France has... If you believe Neymar is overrated, France perhaps has the strongest lineup of any world cup team and if Neymar is rightly rated as heir apparent, then France comfortably #2... No even slight  weaknesses for me. And as you mention your love for midfield advantages, Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is underrated largely due to Pogba being shackled by Mourinho... They look dominant! Also a shout out to Pavard and Hernandez, what players! Would love Giroud on the bench, and Dembele in the lineup but that would of course, change the shape of the team.... I am just on the over thus far with a slight Belgium lean given the odds but listening to all analyses to see if there is more to add.. BTTS is interesting...
    Agree totally.I think BTTS is also a good bet here.

    someone please help. What is “BTTS”.  ?   Glad to see you back, mr van. 

     
    NoodleArmHCG
    NoodleArmHCG
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2018 - 10:46 PM ET #620

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

      Stacked lineup France has... If you believe Neymar is overrated, France perhaps has the strongest lineup of any world cup team and if Neymar is rightly rated as heir apparent, then France comfortably #2... No even slight  weaknesses for me. And as you mention your love for midfield advantages, Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is underrated largely due to Pogba being shackled by Mourinho... They look dominant! Also a shout out to Pavard and Hernandez, what players! Would love Giroud on the bench, and Dembele in the lineup but that would of course, change the shape of the team.... I am just on the over thus far with a slight Belgium lean given the odds but listening to all analyses to see if there is more to add.. BTTS is interesting...
    Agree totally.I think BTTS is also a good bet here.
    someone please help. What is “BTTS”.  ?   Glad to see you back, mr van.

     

    Both teams to scorepeace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

      Stacked lineup France has... If you believe Neymar is overrated, France perhaps has the strongest lineup of any world cup team and if Neymar is rightly rated as heir apparent, then France comfortably #2... No even slight  weaknesses for me. And as you mention your love for midfield advantages, Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is underrated largely due to Pogba being shackled by Mourinho... They look dominant! Also a shout out to Pavard and Hernandez, what players! Would love Giroud on the bench, and Dembele in the lineup but that would of course, change the shape of the team.... I am just on the over thus far with a slight Belgium lean given the odds but listening to all analyses to see if there is more to add.. BTTS is interesting...
    Agree totally.I think BTTS is also a good bet here.
    someone please help. What is “BTTS”.  ?   Glad to see you back, mr van.

     

    Both teams to scorepeace_5

     
    Zacreth
    Zacreth
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 431
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 11:27 AM ET #621

    So if I read correctly England has scored the most off of set pieces than any other team and Croatia has a solid defense but from the past couple of games the opposition is frequently on Croatia's half of the field...

    An England win possibly? 

    I'm heavily in the France bet with a future overall win early in the games but this game for England and Croatia has me at a loss as to who will prevail. I almost want to say that England seems to have more drive to win this match up.

    Am I missing something?
    Reply
    So if I read correctly England has scored the most off of set pieces than any other team and Croatia has a solid defense but from the past couple of games the opposition is frequently on Croatia's half of the field...

    An England win possibly? 

    I'm heavily in the France bet with a future overall win early in the games but this game for England and Croatia has me at a loss as to who will prevail. I almost want to say that England seems to have more drive to win this match up.

    Am I missing something?
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:09 PM ET #622

    This time the Belgians did not get lucky! an_cheers

    Reply

    This time the Belgians did not get lucky! an_cheers

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:15 PM ET #623

    Some random thoughts, read on if you are really bored...

    Greatest World Cup Ever.  

    If you listen to Fox, and every ad they put up, and the blowhards on the set, this is the greatest ever.  Why?  Because it is Fox first WC of course!  Is it really though?

    Not for me.  With so many goals coming from a stop ball (set piece) - whether it be a free kick, corner kick, or PK - that for me is not great.  Open play goals are what makes this sport special, and creative, and beautiful.  Not a header on a corner - or legislating a PK.

    So why so many?  My theory is that because these guys aren't together all that often, and since defense is easier to master in the short term than offense, that we have this situation.  Free flowing moves that build from the defense to the midfield and then on to the strikers are rare in this WC, and to me - having a tournament of set pieces - is not great.

    And I am leaving out the worst part of this WC, the Fox coverage, but I think I have said enough about that.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Some random thoughts, read on if you are really bored...

    Greatest World Cup Ever.  

    If you listen to Fox, and every ad they put up, and the blowhards on the set, this is the greatest ever.  Why?  Because it is Fox first WC of course!  Is it really though?

    Not for me.  With so many goals coming from a stop ball (set piece) - whether it be a free kick, corner kick, or PK - that for me is not great.  Open play goals are what makes this sport special, and creative, and beautiful.  Not a header on a corner - or legislating a PK.

    So why so many?  My theory is that because these guys aren't together all that often, and since defense is easier to master in the short term than offense, that we have this situation.  Free flowing moves that build from the defense to the midfield and then on to the strikers are rare in this WC, and to me - having a tournament of set pieces - is not great.

    And I am leaving out the worst part of this WC, the Fox coverage, but I think I have said enough about that.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:18 PM ET #624

    France last 35 minutes were almost comical for me.  How could they sit back - give up possession so easily - and allow the right side flank to be basically unchallenged for that long?  

    And how is Fellaini playing right wing for about 20 minutes for Belgium?

    For me, France are easily good enough to take some possession in the last 35 minutes, and keep pressing for a second goal.  Time ran out before Belgium scored, plain and simple - if the game was another minute, 10 minutes, or 100 minutes Belgium were going to tie it up at some point.  Worrysome if I am a France supporter.

    But results bias rewrites history - and they won 1-0 - and therefore everyone is a genius and they did things exactly the right way.  I say all of this because no matter who they play in the final - there is a very good chance they will be up 1-0, and it will be interesting to see how they handle it.


    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    France last 35 minutes were almost comical for me.  How could they sit back - give up possession so easily - and allow the right side flank to be basically unchallenged for that long?  

    And how is Fellaini playing right wing for about 20 minutes for Belgium?

    For me, France are easily good enough to take some possession in the last 35 minutes, and keep pressing for a second goal.  Time ran out before Belgium scored, plain and simple - if the game was another minute, 10 minutes, or 100 minutes Belgium were going to tie it up at some point.  Worrysome if I am a France supporter.

    But results bias rewrites history - and they won 1-0 - and therefore everyone is a genius and they did things exactly the right way.  I say all of this because no matter who they play in the final - there is a very good chance they will be up 1-0, and it will be interesting to see how they handle it.


     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 - 4:19 PM ET #625

    Oh, and my pick for tonight:

    5 units on HW to beat HC 1-0
    5 units on Willingham to score first goal (+400)
    3 units on Willingham to do a goal slide celebration

    GL

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Oh, and my pick for tonight:

    5 units on HW to beat HC 1-0
    5 units on Willingham to score first goal (+400)
    3 units on Willingham to do a goal slide celebration

    GL

    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 252627 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 904
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,274
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,062
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,120
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,718
    • Week 5 Money 6,775
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,377
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 3,990

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.