• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | FIFA World Cup

    World Cup 2018

    «First Previous 192021 ... 303132 Next Last»
    vanzack
    NoodleArmHCG
    HeadOverHeart
    kings_duce
    BitcoinMaster
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 108855
    Posts: 799
    «First Previous 192021 ... 303132 Next Last»
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2018 - 9:09 PM ET #451

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    I would gladly make that Uruguay/Portugal draw bet again. Good call even if a L. That miss with goalie on his belly out of net was pretty big. Would like clarification on your Spain bet ( and on your France bet as well) You seem to have some sort of a parlay there on each ?? I followed you with stoppage time bets on France pk @ +142 and -1/2 @ +138 , but it appears you were able to combine those into one bet ?? Now you have done something similar on Spain v Russia. Help, please. Thank you and GL going forward.

    Basically, in soccer, you can make bets that are sometimes called -.25 or -.75.  

    This just means that half of your bet is placed on Spain at -.5, and half at -1 (or some people call this -.75).

    If Spain wins by 1 goal exactly, half your bet would win, and half would push.  If Spain wins by >1 goal, you win it all.

    Most books offer this (like 5 dimes), but if yours doesn't, you can accomplish the same thing by splitting your bet on -.5 and -1.

    So to use my bet as an example, I have 2 bets....  Spain to win at -125, and Spain -1 at -125 (each risking 2.5 to win 2).

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by taurus:

    I would gladly make that Uruguay/Portugal draw bet again. Good call even if a L. That miss with goalie on his belly out of net was pretty big. Would like clarification on your Spain bet ( and on your France bet as well) You seem to have some sort of a parlay there on each ?? I followed you with stoppage time bets on France pk @ +142 and -1/2 @ +138 , but it appears you were able to combine those into one bet ?? Now you have done something similar on Spain v Russia. Help, please. Thank you and GL going forward.

    Basically, in soccer, you can make bets that are sometimes called -.25 or -.75.  

    This just means that half of your bet is placed on Spain at -.5, and half at -1 (or some people call this -.75).

    If Spain wins by 1 goal exactly, half your bet would win, and half would push.  If Spain wins by >1 goal, you win it all.

    Most books offer this (like 5 dimes), but if yours doesn't, you can accomplish the same thing by splitting your bet on -.5 and -1.

    So to use my bet as an example, I have 2 bets....  Spain to win at -125, and Spain -1 at -125 (each risking 2.5 to win 2).

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2018 - 9:10 PM ET #452

    Quote Originally Posted by haymo:

    VZ what about the under then with DEN. and CRO.?

    Would lean under, but one goal in this one most likely means another.

    Pass on under for me.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by haymo:

    VZ what about the under then with DEN. and CRO.?

    Would lean under, but one goal in this one most likely means another.

    Pass on under for me.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2018 - 9:11 PM ET #453

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleArmHCG:

    Van my book(Heritage) has Spain pickem/ -.5 at -129 and spain -.5 at +125...

    Did you mistype your bet and mean pickem/-.5 or am I getting a steal?  Very weird....


    Heritage has Spain -.5 at +125?

    I highly doubt it.

    Spain is -160ish.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleArmHCG:

    Van my book(Heritage) has Spain pickem/ -.5 at -129 and spain -.5 at +125...

    Did you mistype your bet and mean pickem/-.5 or am I getting a steal?  Very weird....


    Heritage has Spain -.5 at +125?

    I highly doubt it.

    Spain is -160ish.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2018 - 9:14 PM ET #454

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleArmHCG:

    never mind was looking at first half by accidentpaint_help


    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleArmHCG:

    never mind was looking at first half by accidentpaint_help


     
    NoodleArmHCG
    NoodleArmHCG
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2018 - 9:14 PM ET #455

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleArmHCG:

    Van my book(Heritage) has Spain pickem/ -.5 at -129 and spain -.5 at +125... Did you mistype your bet and mean pickem/-.5 or am I getting a steal?  Very weird....
    Heritage has Spain -.5 at +125?I highly doubt it.Spain is -160ish.

     

    yea im a moron and had clicked on first half bets by accident 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleArmHCG:

    Van my book(Heritage) has Spain pickem/ -.5 at -129 and spain -.5 at +125... Did you mistype your bet and mean pickem/-.5 or am I getting a steal?  Very weird....
    Heritage has Spain -.5 at +125?I highly doubt it.Spain is -160ish.

     

    yea im a moron and had clicked on first half bets by accident 

     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 1:25 AM ET #456

    peace_5clover

    Reply

    peace_5clover

     
    kings_duce
    kings_duce
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2018
    Posts: 5692
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 2:05 AM ET #457

    Reply
     
    BitcoinMaster
    BitcoinMaster
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 43
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 6:14 AM ET #458

    With you on Espana-  best of luck pal 
    Reply
    With you on Espana-  best of luck pal 
     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 6:42 AM ET #459

    Thank you, mr van.

    i do use 5Dimes, just haven’t figured out where to find it on their lists of offers. I made my bets the way you suggested.

    Reply

    Thank you, mr van.

    i do use 5Dimes, just haven’t figured out where to find it on their lists of offers. I made my bets the way you suggested.

     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 7:17 AM ET #460

    Ah, just scrolled down and found it. Just played it at -132. You got it at -125.

    Reply

    Ah, just scrolled down and found it. Just played it at -132. You got it at -125.

     
    Eddy_Winslow
    Eddy_Winslow
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 14469
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 12:32 PM ET #461

    "Russia is a great matchup for Spain.  Russia is not going to "park the bus", I don't even think they could if they wanted to."

    Not only did they park it, they took it apart and sold the scraps.
    buy $BTC
    Reply
    "Russia is a great matchup for Spain.  Russia is not going to "park the bus", I don't even think they could if they wanted to."

    Not only did they park it, they took it apart and sold the scraps.
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 2:19 PM ET #462

    This now marks two consecutive tournaments where Spain's ball-possession , Tiki-taka strategy,  has flamed out in disaster.  They lacked any will to push the ball forward after going up 1-0 , likely for fear of counter-attack from Russia.  They seemed to content with possession alone.  Very disappointing.  This team needs to re-tool somehow..

    Going forward, what are we to make from Russia's performance ? It's hard to tell.. Spain possessed the ball a ridiculous amount and Russia didn't really have that many legitimate scoring opportunities.  I wouldn't consider these guys a sleeper team even though they knocked off a highly ranked Spain club. 

    Reply

    This now marks two consecutive tournaments where Spain's ball-possession , Tiki-taka strategy,  has flamed out in disaster.  They lacked any will to push the ball forward after going up 1-0 , likely for fear of counter-attack from Russia.  They seemed to content with possession alone.  Very disappointing.  This team needs to re-tool somehow..

    Going forward, what are we to make from Russia's performance ? It's hard to tell.. Spain possessed the ball a ridiculous amount and Russia didn't really have that many legitimate scoring opportunities.  I wouldn't consider these guys a sleeper team even though they knocked off a highly ranked Spain club. 

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 2:40 PM ET #463

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubfire:

    Official Colombian Federation statement on James finally released:

    "James Rodríguez underwent a scan today which showed that he is suffering from minor edema (a slight swelling caused by an accumulation of fluid) in his right leg, but that there has been no muscle tear."

    Still no encouraging news on James.  Damn, what a disappointment if he can't play.. Same goes for Edison Cavani w/ Uruguay.  Both teams needs these men healthy to have chances of advancing

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubfire:

    Official Colombian Federation statement on James finally released:

    "James Rodríguez underwent a scan today which showed that he is suffering from minor edema (a slight swelling caused by an accumulation of fluid) in his right leg, but that there has been no muscle tear."

    Still no encouraging news on James.  Damn, what a disappointment if he can't play.. Same goes for Edison Cavani w/ Uruguay.  Both teams needs these men healthy to have chances of advancing

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 3:03 PM ET #464

    ^"Edinson" Cavani
    Reply
    ^"Edinson" Cavani
     
    Cannon88
    Cannon88
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 1522
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 3:12 PM ET #465

    Russia didn't have a shot on goal, did they? Other than a penalty kick.....lol. 

    Reply

    Russia didn't have a shot on goal, did they? Other than a penalty kick.....lol. 

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 3:33 PM ET #466

    ^ Yeah, 1 shot on goal according to the stats.  Spain stole the possession time, and couldn't do anything with it.. 
    Reply
    ^ Yeah, 1 shot on goal according to the stats.  Spain stole the possession time, and couldn't do anything with it.. 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 5:04 PM ET #467

    Very disappointed in Spain, and myself for rating them so highly.  I knew the weakness - and I chose to ignore it.

    Spain set a "world record" (I assume for games where this stat is actually kept) of 1137 passes in a match.  But as we all know by now, possession doesn't mean dangerous possession.  If they gave out wins for passes or possession Spain would be undefeated.

    Congrats to Russia.  Negative football sometimes wins.  Greece did it all the way to a Euro Championship, so it is not impossible.

    At about the 60th minute I said to myself that I knew what was going to happen, and I should have known this was a good possibility.

     

    As for Denmark - pretty much exactly what I expected - except for the first 4 minutes.

    Croatia opens as a +130 favorite over Russia.  I know I will be on Croatia, just gotta figure out how to do it.

    Tomorrows picks coming up....

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Very disappointed in Spain, and myself for rating them so highly.  I knew the weakness - and I chose to ignore it.

    Spain set a "world record" (I assume for games where this stat is actually kept) of 1137 passes in a match.  But as we all know by now, possession doesn't mean dangerous possession.  If they gave out wins for passes or possession Spain would be undefeated.

    Congrats to Russia.  Negative football sometimes wins.  Greece did it all the way to a Euro Championship, so it is not impossible.

    At about the 60th minute I said to myself that I knew what was going to happen, and I should have known this was a good possibility.

     

    As for Denmark - pretty much exactly what I expected - except for the first 4 minutes.

    Croatia opens as a +130 favorite over Russia.  I know I will be on Croatia, just gotta figure out how to do it.

    Tomorrows picks coming up....

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 5:09 PM ET #468

    I don't think this stat is accurate, but I do think it is very close....

    David DeGea and Spain gave up a goal on 10 of the 11 shots on goal in this tournament (including PKs).  (bwin is the source)

     

    I think it is more like 10 out of 13, but it is an incredibly high number.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    I don't think this stat is accurate, but I do think it is very close....

    David DeGea and Spain gave up a goal on 10 of the 11 shots on goal in this tournament (including PKs).  (bwin is the source)

     

    I think it is more like 10 out of 13, but it is an incredibly high number.

     
    weeble5672
    weeble5672
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 97416
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 5:42 PM ET #469

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I don't think this stat is accurate, but I do think it is very close.... David DeGea and Spain gave up a goal on 10 of the 11 shots on goal in this tournament (including PKs).  (bwin is the source)   I think it is more like 10 out of 13, but it is an incredibly high number.
    That stat is almost accurate.

    Portugal had 3 goals on 3 shots-on-target.
    Iran had 0 goals on 0 shots.
    Morocco had 2 goals on 3 shots.
    Russia had 1 goal on 1 shot, and 4 goals on 5 penalty kicks.

    Total 10 goals on 12 shots.

    an_timeout

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I don't think this stat is accurate, but I do think it is very close.... David DeGea and Spain gave up a goal on 10 of the 11 shots on goal in this tournament (including PKs).  (bwin is the source)   I think it is more like 10 out of 13, but it is an incredibly high number.
    That stat is almost accurate.

    Portugal had 3 goals on 3 shots-on-target.
    Iran had 0 goals on 0 shots.
    Morocco had 2 goals on 3 shots.
    Russia had 1 goal on 1 shot, and 4 goals on 5 penalty kicks.

    Total 10 goals on 12 shots.

    an_timeout

     
    freestlyin
    freestlyin
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 39197
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 5:45 PM ET #470

    Quote Originally Posted by weeble5672:

    That stat is almost accurate.

    Portugal had 3 goals on 3 shots-on-target.
    Iran had 0 goals on 0 shots.
    Morocco had 2 goals on 3 shots.
    Russia had 1 goal on 1 shot, and 4 goals on 5 penalty kicks.

    Total 10 goals on 12 shots.

    an_timeout


    Correct

    David De Gea is credited with 1....1 save the entire tournament 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by weeble5672:

    That stat is almost accurate.

    Portugal had 3 goals on 3 shots-on-target.
    Iran had 0 goals on 0 shots.
    Morocco had 2 goals on 3 shots.
    Russia had 1 goal on 1 shot, and 4 goals on 5 penalty kicks.

    Total 10 goals on 12 shots.

    an_timeout


    Correct

    David De Gea is credited with 1....1 save the entire tournament 
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 6:19 PM ET #471

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Very disappointed in Spain, and myself for rating them so highly.  I knew the weakness - and I chose to ignore it. Spain set a "world record" (I assume for games where this stat is actually kept) of 1137 passes in a match.  But as we all know by now, possession doesn't mean dangerous possession.  If they gave out wins for passes or possession Spain would be undefeated. Congrats to Russia.  Negative football sometimes wins.  Greece did it all the way to a Euro Championship, so it is not impossible. At about the 60th minute I said to myself that I knew what was going to happen, and I should have known this was a good possibility.   As for Denmark - pretty much exactly what I expected - except for the first 4 minutes. Croatia opens as a +130 favorite over Russia.  I know I will be on Croatia, just gotta figure out how to do it. Tomorrows picks coming up....

    My wife and I are not soccer fans but we enjoy the World Cup with a few friends. About midway thru the 1st half, my wife says " Spain just keeps passing in nowhere land expecting something to happen, but it never does. " an_roll_laugh

    We were rooting hard for Spain because my son just got back from Madrid and got a first hand feel of how much they love the the team and the game.

    Keep deciphering these matchups Van, nobody does it better. peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Very disappointed in Spain, and myself for rating them so highly.  I knew the weakness - and I chose to ignore it. Spain set a "world record" (I assume for games where this stat is actually kept) of 1137 passes in a match.  But as we all know by now, possession doesn't mean dangerous possession.  If they gave out wins for passes or possession Spain would be undefeated. Congrats to Russia.  Negative football sometimes wins.  Greece did it all the way to a Euro Championship, so it is not impossible. At about the 60th minute I said to myself that I knew what was going to happen, and I should have known this was a good possibility.   As for Denmark - pretty much exactly what I expected - except for the first 4 minutes. Croatia opens as a +130 favorite over Russia.  I know I will be on Croatia, just gotta figure out how to do it. Tomorrows picks coming up....

    My wife and I are not soccer fans but we enjoy the World Cup with a few friends. About midway thru the 1st half, my wife says " Spain just keeps passing in nowhere land expecting something to happen, but it never does. " an_roll_laugh

    We were rooting hard for Spain because my son just got back from Madrid and got a first hand feel of how much they love the the team and the game.

    Keep deciphering these matchups Van, nobody does it better. peace_5

     
    taurus
    taurus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 3778
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 6:25 PM ET #472

    Translated to a football field, the game was played almost entirely between Russia’s 45 and 25 yard lines. 

    Me taurus just a novice soccer person, but it seemed the Russia coach out coached his counterpart 

    Reply

    Translated to a football field, the game was played almost entirely between Russia’s 45 and 25 yard lines. 

    Me taurus just a novice soccer person, but it seemed the Russia coach out coached his counterpart 

     
    emduece
    emduece
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4483
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 7:03 PM ET #473

    "Russian players were ready to die on the field today" said smolov after the match ended.. Russias first playoff win ever and the weight of a whole nation lifted this will be quite interesting going forward. I have croatia in my bracket as well but who knows what can happen from this point on.
    Cherchesov didnt have to outcoach Hierro that much because firing the real coach days prior to the start came back to bite them in the end in my opinion.
    Reply
    "Russian players were ready to die on the field today" said smolov after the match ended.. Russias first playoff win ever and the weight of a whole nation lifted this will be quite interesting going forward. I have croatia in my bracket as well but who knows what can happen from this point on.
    Cherchesov didnt have to outcoach Hierro that much because firing the real coach days prior to the start came back to bite them in the end in my opinion.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 10:46 PM ET #474

    Brazil / Mexico -

    Brazil come in off of back to back wins against CR and Serbia - both 2-0 in group play - but neither of those games were as comfortable as the scoreline.  I actually feel like their best performance was their draw against Switzerland, and were unlucky with the draw.

    This is not the Brazil of old.  These are all players who now play in Europe, unlike Brazil sides of old that had players that still played with club teams in South America, and while unusual to see Brazil playing in more traditional formations - I have come around to thinking it favors them.

    Brazil has only faced 4 shots on target through three games in the group, which is what this "new" Brazilian side is all about - get the clean sheet and let someone do a moment of magic and take a 1 to nil.  Very European.

    I have written a lot about Mexico in this thread, and no other team has been do or die according to their tactics and the tactics of their opposition.  There was no luck in their wins and loss, just straight up 2 tactical wins and 1 tactical loss.

    The way I see it - is that JC Osorio has only one option in this game - and that is to defend and counter like they did against Germany.  And we all saw what happened there, so I do not count the Mexicans out here against Brazil.  

    But I do feel like this Brazil side is certainly more in form than the German side Mexico faced - and poses a speed advantage that Germany didn't have - and I am not sure how Mexico will deal with that for 90+ minutes.  Marcello is a big loss for Brazil going forward - the most offensive defender possibly in the history of the sport - his absence should mean that Mexico could force and funnel play to come up the center rather than bombing the wings - which would make Brazil one dimensional - or slightly less multi-dimensional.

    We saw today that these knockout games are a different animal than any type of club play.  Lesser teams can play for extra time and PKs, it is an unfortunate part of all of this.  I really think Mexico will feel like defending and countering (cautiously) is their only hope.

    I think the best bet here is the under 2.5.  

    Brazil / Mexico under 2.5 -102 (2.55 units to win 2.5) - most likely outcome is Brazil 1-0 or a later goal for 2-0.
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Brazil / Mexico -

    Brazil come in off of back to back wins against CR and Serbia - both 2-0 in group play - but neither of those games were as comfortable as the scoreline.  I actually feel like their best performance was their draw against Switzerland, and were unlucky with the draw.

    This is not the Brazil of old.  These are all players who now play in Europe, unlike Brazil sides of old that had players that still played with club teams in South America, and while unusual to see Brazil playing in more traditional formations - I have come around to thinking it favors them.

    Brazil has only faced 4 shots on target through three games in the group, which is what this "new" Brazilian side is all about - get the clean sheet and let someone do a moment of magic and take a 1 to nil.  Very European.

    I have written a lot about Mexico in this thread, and no other team has been do or die according to their tactics and the tactics of their opposition.  There was no luck in their wins and loss, just straight up 2 tactical wins and 1 tactical loss.

    The way I see it - is that JC Osorio has only one option in this game - and that is to defend and counter like they did against Germany.  And we all saw what happened there, so I do not count the Mexicans out here against Brazil.  

    But I do feel like this Brazil side is certainly more in form than the German side Mexico faced - and poses a speed advantage that Germany didn't have - and I am not sure how Mexico will deal with that for 90+ minutes.  Marcello is a big loss for Brazil going forward - the most offensive defender possibly in the history of the sport - his absence should mean that Mexico could force and funnel play to come up the center rather than bombing the wings - which would make Brazil one dimensional - or slightly less multi-dimensional.

    We saw today that these knockout games are a different animal than any type of club play.  Lesser teams can play for extra time and PKs, it is an unfortunate part of all of this.  I really think Mexico will feel like defending and countering (cautiously) is their only hope.

    I think the best bet here is the under 2.5.  

    Brazil / Mexico under 2.5 -102 (2.55 units to win 2.5) - most likely outcome is Brazil 1-0 or a later goal for 2-0.
     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2018 - 10:54 PM ET #475

    Belgium / Japan -

    I think I am going to make this short and sweet....

    I see absolutely no reason to bet Japan.  I cannot make a case for them to do anything except get blown off the field, possibly in a very embarrassing way.

    So I will talk about what I think is the best way to bet Belgium, with the current prices.  

    I think that laying -275 for Belgium to win is fair.  Basically, in 3 out 4 games Belgium would win in 90 minutes - and that sounds about right to me.

    But based on current form, I do think there is value in laying the goals here, and taking a flyer on Belgium -2 at +225.

    It is not because I think Belgium will win by 3 goals, it is because I think at +225 it is the best price on the board to bet Belgium.  In fact, I think Belgium won't win by 3 goals - but it is like when you bet MLB - sometimes you have to bet teams you think are going to lose because the price is favorable to perceived results.

    Belgium -2 +225 vs Japan (1.2 units to win 2.7)
    Predicted final score Belgium 2-0

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Belgium / Japan -

    I think I am going to make this short and sweet....

    I see absolutely no reason to bet Japan.  I cannot make a case for them to do anything except get blown off the field, possibly in a very embarrassing way.

    So I will talk about what I think is the best way to bet Belgium, with the current prices.  

    I think that laying -275 for Belgium to win is fair.  Basically, in 3 out 4 games Belgium would win in 90 minutes - and that sounds about right to me.

    But based on current form, I do think there is value in laying the goals here, and taking a flyer on Belgium -2 at +225.

    It is not because I think Belgium will win by 3 goals, it is because I think at +225 it is the best price on the board to bet Belgium.  In fact, I think Belgium won't win by 3 goals - but it is like when you bet MLB - sometimes you have to bet teams you think are going to lose because the price is favorable to perceived results.

    Belgium -2 +225 vs Japan (1.2 units to win 2.7)
    Predicted final score Belgium 2-0

    All Forums | FIFA World Cup
    «First Previous 192021 ... 303132 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 906
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,337
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,148
    • PART DEUX 236
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,123
    • Week 5 Money 6,869
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,130
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,409

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.