• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    would love for USC bettors to keep driving this line up..

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    Trooper64
    westcoastTrojan
    runlagos
    kickinA
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2108
    Posts: 83
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    Trooper64
    Trooper64
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 266
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:30 PM ET #26

    Personally, I will wait for the second half. Last year, USC was laying 12 at home with a future #1 DC QB.
    This year, the line is 7 at Columbus with a Frosh QB... Yikes.....
     
    Reply
    Personally, I will wait for the second half. Last year, USC was laying 12 at home with a future #1 DC QB.
    This year, the line is 7 at Columbus with a Frosh QB... Yikes.....
     
     
    westcoastTrojan
    westcoastTrojan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5073
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:30 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by runlagos:

    so i can place a bet on the buckeyes. careful OSU's "weak" game against navy doesnt nip you in the rear on saturday cause this dog has bite!
     
    woof woof

    Same shit was being said last year, and what happened. I dont think most people are on USC because of how OSU played against Navy. I think its based on talent. Where's the talent on OSU? Where? Show me.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by runlagos:

    so i can place a bet on the buckeyes. careful OSU's "weak" game against navy doesnt nip you in the rear on saturday cause this dog has bite!
     
    woof woof

    Same shit was being said last year, and what happened. I dont think most people are on USC because of how OSU played against Navy. I think its based on talent. Where's the talent on OSU? Where? Show me.

     
    westcoastTrojan
    westcoastTrojan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5073
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:33 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper64:

    Personally, I will wait for the second half. Last year, USC was laying 12 at home with a future #1 DC QB.
    This year, the line is 7 at Columbus with a Frosh QB... Yikes.....
     

    Interesting you'd mention the future #1 DC QB. Most people were dogging Sanchez going into that game. I had to convince people he was the real deal. Barkley will be fine. I just dont see OSU stopping the run. No way.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper64:

    Personally, I will wait for the second half. Last year, USC was laying 12 at home with a future #1 DC QB.
    This year, the line is 7 at Columbus with a Frosh QB... Yikes.....
     

    Interesting you'd mention the future #1 DC QB. Most people were dogging Sanchez going into that game. I had to convince people he was the real deal. Barkley will be fine. I just dont see OSU stopping the run. No way.

     
    runlagos
    runlagos
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 2897
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:35 PM ET #29

    westcoast,
     
    they played at USC. there is such a big difference. also pryor was a true freshman. the pick 6 in that game was huge too.
     
    im not saying OSU's team is stellar this year or worthy of their #6? ranking.. but USC's is not one of their best teams in recent years either.
     
    personally im staying away from the game, but id be happy taking the points with OSU, and if they get crushed.. well they get crushed and everyone still has the same opinions about OSU and the Big 10.
    Reply
    westcoast,
     
    they played at USC. there is such a big difference. also pryor was a true freshman. the pick 6 in that game was huge too.
     
    im not saying OSU's team is stellar this year or worthy of their #6? ranking.. but USC's is not one of their best teams in recent years either.
     
    personally im staying away from the game, but id be happy taking the points with OSU, and if they get crushed.. well they get crushed and everyone still has the same opinions about OSU and the Big 10.
     
    westcoastTrojan
    westcoastTrojan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5073
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:40 PM ET #30

    I understand its on the road, thats one of 2 fears going into this game. But instead of it being 35-3, I see it being closer, somewhere in the 10-13 area.
     
    Listen, OSU doesnt have any talent. Lets be real. If they did, I wouldnt be this confident. I'm usually not confident with my teams. I'm nervous Nelly. But I dont see anything on OSU that qualifies as studs. You can look up and down USC's roster and see #1 draft picks.
     
    Someone, please tell me where the talent is. I dont want to hear about Herron or Saine. They are whackalicious.
     
    People want to say USC has all the pressure going into this game, I think the opposite. When does USC ever feel pressure? You want to know what pressure is? Pressure is OSU fearful of losing this game and getting banged on by everyone about their lack of speed, about the weak Big 10, etc. Thats pressure. How many more games are we going to talk about OSU cant lose this game because its just too important for them and the Big 10?
    Reply
    I understand its on the road, thats one of 2 fears going into this game. But instead of it being 35-3, I see it being closer, somewhere in the 10-13 area.
     
    Listen, OSU doesnt have any talent. Lets be real. If they did, I wouldnt be this confident. I'm usually not confident with my teams. I'm nervous Nelly. But I dont see anything on OSU that qualifies as studs. You can look up and down USC's roster and see #1 draft picks.
     
    Someone, please tell me where the talent is. I dont want to hear about Herron or Saine. They are whackalicious.
     
    People want to say USC has all the pressure going into this game, I think the opposite. When does USC ever feel pressure? You want to know what pressure is? Pressure is OSU fearful of losing this game and getting banged on by everyone about their lack of speed, about the weak Big 10, etc. Thats pressure. How many more games are we going to talk about OSU cant lose this game because its just too important for them and the Big 10?
     
    kickinA
    kickinA
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 13462
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:42 PM ET #31

    So where is the talent on OSU? I'm leaning on the home dog in this match up, but for the love of the game, where's the talent on this team? 
     
    Regarding USC, how about their defense? We all know they lost a lot. The D-line played well, but I'm not sold on their lbs yet. The secondary should be solid again.
     
     
    Reply
    So where is the talent on OSU? I'm leaning on the home dog in this match up, but for the love of the game, where's the talent on this team? 
     
    Regarding USC, how about their defense? We all know they lost a lot. The D-line played well, but I'm not sold on their lbs yet. The secondary should be solid again.
     
     
     
    westcoastTrojan
    westcoastTrojan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5073
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:47 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by kickinA:

    So where is the talent on OSU? I'm leaning on the home dog in this match up, but for the love of the game, where's the talent on this team? 
     
    Regarding USC, how about their defense? We all know they lost a lot. The D-line played well, but I'm not sold on their lbs yet. The secondary should be solid again.
     
     

    I've said it in the past, USC's linebackers are a big question mark, especially against a guy like TP. Gallippo is a stud. All American LB before he's done. But after that, I dont really like them that much. Not sold on Morgan, Smith, and freshmen Jones. But thats why I expect Taylor Mays to play closer to the line. USC's best attack would be to stack the line with 8 guys. Dare TP to throw on them.

    I expect USC to play a little dirty this game. They've been talkign about putting the hurt on TP, not because they dislike him, but because its the only way to stop him.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kickinA:

    So where is the talent on OSU? I'm leaning on the home dog in this match up, but for the love of the game, where's the talent on this team? 
     
    Regarding USC, how about their defense? We all know they lost a lot. The D-line played well, but I'm not sold on their lbs yet. The secondary should be solid again.
     
     

    I've said it in the past, USC's linebackers are a big question mark, especially against a guy like TP. Gallippo is a stud. All American LB before he's done. But after that, I dont really like them that much. Not sold on Morgan, Smith, and freshmen Jones. But thats why I expect Taylor Mays to play closer to the line. USC's best attack would be to stack the line with 8 guys. Dare TP to throw on them.

    I expect USC to play a little dirty this game. They've been talkign about putting the hurt on TP, not because they dislike him, but because its the only way to stop him.

     
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:48 PM ET #33

    People don't need to worry bout Barkley because Carroll won't even call on him to do much.  Navy ran down THE Ohio State's defense and you're looking at a USC backfield six deep with the best offensive line in the country getting All-American Kris O'Dowd back this week. 

    Barkley started off rough last week but once they started running playaction and getting him outside the pocket, he did very well. 

    And Pryor is as athletic of a QB that USC has seen since Vince Young...but a lot of people don't know that the linebacking core that USC has this year is the quickest that Pete Carroll has ever fielded.  They don't have the size that last year's core had but their overall team speed on defense is amazing.  And last time I checked, Navy's defense was undersized and played pretty well. 

    Even the OSU faithful are expecting a blowout...

    https://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/09/08/arace_9-8.ART_ART_09-08-09_C1_VFF0KF2.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

    USC has dominated the Big-10 since 2001 and it really doesn't matter when or where they play.  Carroll gets his team fired up for these games against ranked teams.  He fails against inferior opponents so I really don't see a lull coming from this USC squad this coming week.  Taking USC big on this one.
    Reply
    People don't need to worry bout Barkley because Carroll won't even call on him to do much.  Navy ran down THE Ohio State's defense and you're looking at a USC backfield six deep with the best offensive line in the country getting All-American Kris O'Dowd back this week. 

    Barkley started off rough last week but once they started running playaction and getting him outside the pocket, he did very well. 

    And Pryor is as athletic of a QB that USC has seen since Vince Young...but a lot of people don't know that the linebacking core that USC has this year is the quickest that Pete Carroll has ever fielded.  They don't have the size that last year's core had but their overall team speed on defense is amazing.  And last time I checked, Navy's defense was undersized and played pretty well. 

    Even the OSU faithful are expecting a blowout...

    https://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/09/08/arace_9-8.ART_ART_09-08-09_C1_VFF0KF2.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

    USC has dominated the Big-10 since 2001 and it really doesn't matter when or where they play.  Carroll gets his team fired up for these games against ranked teams.  He fails against inferior opponents so I really don't see a lull coming from this USC squad this coming week.  Taking USC big on this one.
     
    runlagos
    runlagos
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 2897
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:49 PM ET #34

    westcoast,
     
    thats exactly my point... OSU doesnt really have the pressure, cause they are already at the low of lows. they are hungry.
    Reply
    westcoast,
     
    thats exactly my point... OSU doesnt really have the pressure, cause they are already at the low of lows. they are hungry.
     
    westcoastTrojan
    westcoastTrojan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5073
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:49 PM ET #35

    I think people are overthinking this game. I was one of them, until recent.
    Reply
    I think people are overthinking this game. I was one of them, until recent.
     
    westcoastTrojan
    westcoastTrojan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5073
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:50 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by runlagos:

    westcoast,
     
    thats exactly my point... OSU doesnt really have the pressure, cause they are already at the low of lows. they are hungry.

    OSU doesnt have the pressure? What? You think they enjoy being clowned because of their failures in big time games? You think they like being called slow?

    They have all the pressure in the world.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by runlagos:

    westcoast,
     
    thats exactly my point... OSU doesnt really have the pressure, cause they are already at the low of lows. they are hungry.

    OSU doesnt have the pressure? What? You think they enjoy being clowned because of their failures in big time games? You think they like being called slow?

    They have all the pressure in the world.

     
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:51 PM ET #37

    USC will probably play 8 men in the box (Taylor Mays maybe) and force Pryor to beat them with his arm and not his feet.  If Pryor can have a good game throwing the ball, OSU has a chance but I have yet to see anything spectacular with his arm yet.
    Reply
    USC will probably play 8 men in the box (Taylor Mays maybe) and force Pryor to beat them with his arm and not his feet.  If Pryor can have a good game throwing the ball, OSU has a chance but I have yet to see anything spectacular with his arm yet.
     
    Mr. Insight
    Mr. Insight
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3738
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 1:56 PM ET #38

    Any chance we see OSU go 4 wide and run the spread vs USC the entire game, not just a few possessions?  I think it is the only way they have a chance to win.  Short passes or Pryor running for 5-6 yards because the defense has to at least man up on the receivers.  This could minimize OSU's O line problems.  USC has not been that great against the spread.  I know OSU will run the spread at times, but I mean the entire game they run the spread.  I clearly am not an expert and have never coached in my life, but that just seems to be the only chance they have offensively to get a W.  Any thoughts?????
    Reply
    Any chance we see OSU go 4 wide and run the spread vs USC the entire game, not just a few possessions?  I think it is the only way they have a chance to win.  Short passes or Pryor running for 5-6 yards because the defense has to at least man up on the receivers.  This could minimize OSU's O line problems.  USC has not been that great against the spread.  I know OSU will run the spread at times, but I mean the entire game they run the spread.  I clearly am not an expert and have never coached in my life, but that just seems to be the only chance they have offensively to get a W.  Any thoughts?????
     
    ValueforRent
    ValueforRent
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 10589
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:00 PM ET #39

    Apparently nobody from the state of California is allowed to say anything bad about the Trojans.  I must have missed the memo.




    Reply
    Apparently nobody from the state of California is allowed to say anything bad about the Trojans.  I must have missed the memo.




     
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:02 PM ET #40

    Mr. Insight, that's not a bad idea against USC.  While USC does have good team speed, that might be a good way to neutralize it and take advantage of Pryor's speed.
    Reply
    Mr. Insight, that's not a bad idea against USC.  While USC does have good team speed, that might be a good way to neutralize it and take advantage of Pryor's speed.
     
    kickinA
    kickinA
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 13462
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:07 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by ValueforRent:

    Apparently nobody from the state of California is allowed to say anything bad about the Trojans.  I must have missed the memo.

    Yes you've missed the memo. This Californian is leaning toward OSU in this game. (Value-wise)

    And yes, most of the pressure is on OSU in this game. Here's their chance to show everyone that they belong with the elites, with this game on their turf and to move up from their #6 ranking by finally upstaging the Big 12 killer that has been USC.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ValueforRent:

    Apparently nobody from the state of California is allowed to say anything bad about the Trojans.  I must have missed the memo.

    Yes you've missed the memo. This Californian is leaning toward OSU in this game. (Value-wise)

    And yes, most of the pressure is on OSU in this game. Here's their chance to show everyone that they belong with the elites, with this game on their turf and to move up from their #6 ranking by finally upstaging the Big 12 killer that has been USC.

     
    kickinA
    kickinA
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 13462
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:09 PM ET #42

    I've been looking for talent on OSU's roster and can't seem to find any that is noticeable. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. Conspiracy theorists will tell you that the talent lies within the officiating crew. McKnight breaks one for 50 yrds, but hold on a minute, there's a holding call on the offense.
    Reply
    I've been looking for talent on OSU's roster and can't seem to find any that is noticeable. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. Conspiracy theorists will tell you that the talent lies within the officiating crew. McKnight breaks one for 50 yrds, but hold on a minute, there's a holding call on the offense.
     
    NCCapper
    NCCapper
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 465
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:17 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Insight:

    Any chance we see OSU go 4 wide and run the spread vs USC the entire game, not just a few possessions?  I think it is the only way they have a chance to win.  Short passes or Pryor running for 5-6 yards because the defense has to at least man up on the receivers.  This could minimize OSU's O line problems.  USC has not been that great against the spread.  I know OSU will run the spread at times, but I mean the entire game they run the spread.  I clearly am not an expert and have never coached in my life, but that just seems to be the only chance they have offensively to get a W.  Any thoughts?????


    I do think we will see alot of empty backfield looks from OSU this weekend.  However, the best chance OSU has to win this game is to get up early, which will nuetralize the USC run game, and make Barkley throw the ball.  If the Buckeyes get up early (14 points) I like their chances.  If USC gets up early its gonna be a long day for OSU linebackers.  USC will run the ball until OSU proves that they can stop it.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Insight:

    Any chance we see OSU go 4 wide and run the spread vs USC the entire game, not just a few possessions?  I think it is the only way they have a chance to win.  Short passes or Pryor running for 5-6 yards because the defense has to at least man up on the receivers.  This could minimize OSU's O line problems.  USC has not been that great against the spread.  I know OSU will run the spread at times, but I mean the entire game they run the spread.  I clearly am not an expert and have never coached in my life, but that just seems to be the only chance they have offensively to get a W.  Any thoughts?????


    I do think we will see alot of empty backfield looks from OSU this weekend.  However, the best chance OSU has to win this game is to get up early, which will nuetralize the USC run game, and make Barkley throw the ball.  If the Buckeyes get up early (14 points) I like their chances.  If USC gets up early its gonna be a long day for OSU linebackers.  USC will run the ball until OSU proves that they can stop it.


     
    jdnmoney
    jdnmoney
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 9120
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:26 PM ET #44

    HOME FIELD is crucial in this game...along with QB experience...in LAST YEARS GAME USC had home field and the QB experience...this year OHIO ST has both...obviously im not saying it will be a OSU blowout...but a true freshman QB in the shoe...if it gets to OHIO +7.5 ill take my chances...good read runlagos


    Reply
    HOME FIELD is crucial in this game...along with QB experience...in LAST YEARS GAME USC had home field and the QB experience...this year OHIO ST has both...obviously im not saying it will be a OSU blowout...but a true freshman QB in the shoe...if it gets to OHIO +7.5 ill take my chances...good read runlagos


     
    CalBear
    CalBear
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 21426
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:32 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather16:

    USC is way over-rated , again, and this one is on the road. They have struggled vs far weaker teams the past few years, Or st, Zona, Wash, to name a few. They blow out SJ st who is just terrible, and people think USC is invincible, UFB. But this is why the books make so much money, and they simply love some of you suckers...

    Wow, how ironic is this statement.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather16:

    USC is way over-rated , again, and this one is on the road. They have struggled vs far weaker teams the past few years, Or st, Zona, Wash, to name a few. They blow out SJ st who is just terrible, and people think USC is invincible, UFB. But this is why the books make so much money, and they simply love some of you suckers...

    Wow, how ironic is this statement.

     
    westcoastTrojan
    westcoastTrojan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5073
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:42 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by ValueforRent:

    Apparently nobody from the state of California is allowed to say anything bad about the Trojans.  I must have missed the memo.




    Well, good to know you just look at someones location and think they are biased. I'm far from biased. I'm one of the most reasonable fans out there. Pessimistic actually. I always think USC's going to be in trouble. People here will back me up and say I dont lean USC's way because thats my team.

    But do me a favor, instead of looking at someone's location and writing them off as being a homer, tell me what OSU has, talent wise.

    I'm still waiting for someone to answer that questions.

    So far, the only advantage is Pryor and playing at home. Playing at home is a huge advantage, but what else?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ValueforRent:

    Apparently nobody from the state of California is allowed to say anything bad about the Trojans.  I must have missed the memo.




    Well, good to know you just look at someones location and think they are biased. I'm far from biased. I'm one of the most reasonable fans out there. Pessimistic actually. I always think USC's going to be in trouble. People here will back me up and say I dont lean USC's way because thats my team.

    But do me a favor, instead of looking at someone's location and writing them off as being a homer, tell me what OSU has, talent wise.

    I'm still waiting for someone to answer that questions.

    So far, the only advantage is Pryor and playing at home. Playing at home is a huge advantage, but what else?

     
    CalBear
    CalBear
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 21426
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:49 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by westcoastTrojan:

    But do me a favor, instead of looking at someone's location and writing them off as being a homer, tell me what OSU has, talent wise.

    I'm still waiting for someone to answer that questions.

    So far, the only advantage is Pryor and playing at home. Playing at home is a huge advantage, but what else?

    I believe the biggest argument to back OSU is that a freshman QB is starting in the "shoe."  That is the only conclusion I can come up with, but Barkley will not be asked to win this game.  USC will dominate the line of scrimmage and run the ball at will....and this is coming from a CAL fan.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by westcoastTrojan:

    But do me a favor, instead of looking at someone's location and writing them off as being a homer, tell me what OSU has, talent wise.

    I'm still waiting for someone to answer that questions.

    So far, the only advantage is Pryor and playing at home. Playing at home is a huge advantage, but what else?

    I believe the biggest argument to back OSU is that a freshman QB is starting in the "shoe."  That is the only conclusion I can come up with, but Barkley will not be asked to win this game.  USC will dominate the line of scrimmage and run the ball at will....and this is coming from a CAL fan.

     
    Fishhead88
    Fishhead88
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:59 PM ET #48

    If you like USC bet it now............this line is going UP, UP, UP.
     
    Rightfully so I might add........
     
    FH
    Reply
    If you like USC bet it now............this line is going UP, UP, UP.
     
    Rightfully so I might add........
     
    FH
     
    westcoastTrojan
    westcoastTrojan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5073
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 2:59 PM ET #49

    Yeah, but thats not enough for someone to be on OSU. There is a big disparity in talent here. BIG. And Barkley playing at OSU doesnt make me nervous one bit. Like you said, USC will run down their throats with that oline.
     
    And I still dont like Jahvid :)
    Reply
    Yeah, but thats not enough for someone to be on OSU. There is a big disparity in talent here. BIG. And Barkley playing at OSU doesnt make me nervous one bit. Like you said, USC will run down their throats with that oline.
     
    And I still dont like Jahvid :)
     
     
    CalBear
    CalBear
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 21426
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2009 - 3:10 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by westcoastTrojan:

    Yeah, but thats not enough for someone to be on OSU. There is a big disparity in talent here. BIG. And Barkley playing at OSU doesnt make me nervous one bit. Like you said, USC will run down their throats with that oline.
     
    And I still dont like Jahvid :)

    OCT 3

    How do you like Riley after game 1?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by westcoastTrojan:

    Yeah, but thats not enough for someone to be on OSU. There is a big disparity in talent here. BIG. And Barkley playing at OSU doesnt make me nervous one bit. Like you said, USC will run down their throats with that oline.
     
    And I still dont like Jahvid :)

    OCT 3

    How do you like Riley after game 1?

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,672
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,311
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,051
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,766
    • MLB Playoffs 5,365
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,445
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,355
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,227
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298
    • Week 5 Money 11,135

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.