Looks like this will be the trend
Well Ohio State has the most NIL money so they bought themselves a championship
Before NIL, SEC teams pulled all kind of horse shit, including Stetson Bennett enrolled at Georgia for 6 years and did not graduate. How was this guy allowed to play, if he was earning college credits. FUK outta of here with the BS
Before NIL, SEC teams pulled all kind of horse shit, including Stetson Bennett enrolled at Georgia for 6 years and did not graduate. How was this guy allowed to play, if he was earning college credits. FUK outta of here with the BS
Odd seeing 19-21 yr olds pulling in 4-8 million. Sanders' son bought his o-line new cars.....and would wear $20,000 necklace during the game. There are going to be extremes, and I can't say what is best or even fair compensation, but it is right now--excessive money.
Odd seeing 19-21 yr olds pulling in 4-8 million. Sanders' son bought his o-line new cars.....and would wear $20,000 necklace during the game. There are going to be extremes, and I can't say what is best or even fair compensation, but it is right now--excessive money.
@MizuNoYoNiNaru
No doubt it is out of control. It went from one extreme to another. I remember the kids from Ohio St who sold autograph jerseys in exchange for tattoos got Jim tressel fired
@MizuNoYoNiNaru
No doubt it is out of control. It went from one extreme to another. I remember the kids from Ohio St who sold autograph jerseys in exchange for tattoos got Jim tressel fired
Looks like this will be the trend
Unfortunately you're probably right. It's likely the teams that spend the most money will end up having the best representation in the playoffs going forward. On the flip side, at least it gives some schools the opp to be competitive that might not otherwise be (see IU, Vandy).
Looks like this will be the trend
Unfortunately you're probably right. It's likely the teams that spend the most money will end up having the best representation in the playoffs going forward. On the flip side, at least it gives some schools the opp to be competitive that might not otherwise be (see IU, Vandy).
@MizuNoYoNiNaru No doubt it is out of control. It went from one extreme to another. I remember the kids from Ohio St who sold autograph jerseys in exchange for tattoos got Jim tressel fired
So true, it did go from one extreme to the other. It's the wild, wild west out there. It blows my mind the NCAA didn't have a better plan to manage this. There our countless opinions on this... but it seems you can come up with something better than fining/penalize players for a $25 autograph and paying someone $7M+. Crazy.
@MizuNoYoNiNaru No doubt it is out of control. It went from one extreme to another. I remember the kids from Ohio St who sold autograph jerseys in exchange for tattoos got Jim tressel fired
So true, it did go from one extreme to the other. It's the wild, wild west out there. It blows my mind the NCAA didn't have a better plan to manage this. There our countless opinions on this... but it seems you can come up with something better than fining/penalize players for a $25 autograph and paying someone $7M+. Crazy.
Used to be your reward for getting on a college athletic team, being football, basketball, hockey etc. was the completely free College education that the regular joe blow had to pay thousands for because you know, MOST of these kids won't even sniff the NFL draft so they got an education for FREE that would mean they would have careers. That was the idea and it was a noble one. Now these teams are more or less PRO teams, I mean what's next a salary cap like the NFL? It's crazy
Used to be your reward for getting on a college athletic team, being football, basketball, hockey etc. was the completely free College education that the regular joe blow had to pay thousands for because you know, MOST of these kids won't even sniff the NFL draft so they got an education for FREE that would mean they would have careers. That was the idea and it was a noble one. Now these teams are more or less PRO teams, I mean what's next a salary cap like the NFL? It's crazy
@buffer It wasn't the trend before this? You really think kids were going to Sec schools because of the weather?
for the southern girls
@buffer It wasn't the trend before this? You really think kids were going to Sec schools because of the weather?
for the southern girls
Why shouldn't players get money THEY GENERATED?.. And i mean, they probably get 5% or something like that.. I realize what i said isn't literally true (players,havent been paid by the schools)
Why shouldn't players get money THEY GENERATED?.. And i mean, they probably get 5% or something like that.. I realize what i said isn't literally true (players,havent been paid by the schools)
Yeah I’m bitter b/c I was all state in high school back in the 80’s and recruited heavily and at that time we could only take 5 recruiting trips and all we got in those trips was free drinks at the bar the night crawler women took us to along with a goodie bag and a piece of ass. That was about it beside getting college paid etc room and board and meals. I thought it was great back then but now I see things and I’m pissed b/c I’m having to work my ass off to make a living vs being financially set.
Yeah I’m bitter b/c I was all state in high school back in the 80’s and recruited heavily and at that time we could only take 5 recruiting trips and all we got in those trips was free drinks at the bar the night crawler women took us to along with a goodie bag and a piece of ass. That was about it beside getting college paid etc room and board and meals. I thought it was great back then but now I see things and I’m pissed b/c I’m having to work my ass off to make a living vs being financially set.
Used to be your reward for getting on a college athletic team, being football, basketball, hockey etc. was the completely free College education that the regular joe blow had to pay thousands for because you know, MOST of these kids won't even sniff the NFL draft so they got an education for FREE that would mean they would have careers. That was the idea and it was a noble one. Now these teams are more or less PRO teams, I mean what's next a salary cap like the NFL? It's crazy
It was painted that way but in reality many top young athletes just couldn't handle football with school, or even college alone. Basket weaving 101 and other bogus classes created just for these folks. Yes some gained that education but many were used for their ability and didn't get far after.
Right now it's a bit out of control, thinking it will find itself eventually.
Used to be your reward for getting on a college athletic team, being football, basketball, hockey etc. was the completely free College education that the regular joe blow had to pay thousands for because you know, MOST of these kids won't even sniff the NFL draft so they got an education for FREE that would mean they would have careers. That was the idea and it was a noble one. Now these teams are more or less PRO teams, I mean what's next a salary cap like the NFL? It's crazy
It was painted that way but in reality many top young athletes just couldn't handle football with school, or even college alone. Basket weaving 101 and other bogus classes created just for these folks. Yes some gained that education but many were used for their ability and didn't get far after.
Right now it's a bit out of control, thinking it will find itself eventually.
@UNIMAN
Does anyone flunk out or not qualify these days? Used to be big thing
JC was largely academic.. Now i think it's chasing the,dream and provinfpg yourself in football
@UNIMAN
Does anyone flunk out or not qualify these days? Used to be big thing
JC was largely academic.. Now i think it's chasing the,dream and provinfpg yourself in football
Looks like this will be the trend
You would be wrong in your post. As another poster stated, both Texas and Oregon spent more money than Ohio State did by 3 or more million apiece. Also, most of the money OSU spent, was to keep the roster they had. Other teams were trying to poach them. So try doing some research first, before making it sound like OSU bought there championship. No, they earned it. How? By good recruiting and always being a top notch school. For also turning out NFL players every year that's how. SMH
Looks like this will be the trend
You would be wrong in your post. As another poster stated, both Texas and Oregon spent more money than Ohio State did by 3 or more million apiece. Also, most of the money OSU spent, was to keep the roster they had. Other teams were trying to poach them. So try doing some research first, before making it sound like OSU bought there championship. No, they earned it. How? By good recruiting and always being a top notch school. For also turning out NFL players every year that's how. SMH
Yeah I’m bitter b/c I was all state in high school back in the 80’s and recruited heavily and at that time we could only take 5 recruiting trips and all we got in those trips was free drinks at the bar the night crawler women took us to along with a goodie bag and a piece of ass. That was about it beside getting college paid etc room and board and meals. I thought it was great back then but now I see things and I’m pissed b/c I’m having to work my ass off to make a living vs being financially set.
Is this why you went on a rant and got banned?
Yeah I’m bitter b/c I was all state in high school back in the 80’s and recruited heavily and at that time we could only take 5 recruiting trips and all we got in those trips was free drinks at the bar the night crawler women took us to along with a goodie bag and a piece of ass. That was about it beside getting college paid etc room and board and meals. I thought it was great back then but now I see things and I’m pissed b/c I’m having to work my ass off to make a living vs being financially set.
Is this why you went on a rant and got banned?
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
