• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    The virus and betting College Football

    12345 Next Last»
    UNIMAN
    CFBbettor
    LonghornHoosier
    HockeyNight11
    WISEGUY36
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1135
    Posts: 107
    12345 Next Last»
     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2020 - 10:06 PM ET #1

    Some interesting stuff here. (At least to me)

    1. Will players be tested weekly for the virus?

    2. Will players be not allowed to play who test positive? How long?

    3. Will results of this testing be published in advance or will teams reveal it only at kickoff?

    4. How many must test positive to suspend or cancel a game?

    5. What if most of coaching staff test positive?

    6. How will a cancelled game be counted? Forfeit? 

    7. Let's say Bama and Clemson are only able to play 9-10 games due to opposing teams cancelling. Are they out of playoffs if others are 12-0, 11-1?

    NOW IT GETS REAL INTRESTING!

    South Korean research is showing those who were infected and recovered have anti-bodies and when they test positive again it is found they have only dead virus or virus particles and are not in danger of re-infection OR INFECTING OTHERS.

    https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/covid-patients-testing-positive-after-recovery-aren-t-infectious-south-korean-study-shows-1.630361

    Players who have or will be exposed to the virus and develop antibodies should be able to play all season if this study is confirmed, and I think it will be.

    Wouldn't it be interesting if players intentionally expose themselves now to gain these antibodies even though risk is involved.

    Five Bama players have tested positive. Okla St has one, sure there are many more.

    So, will there be a list of players with antibodies? Teams with most antibodies will be easier to predict.

    COMMENTS WELCOME.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Some interesting stuff here. (At least to me)

    1. Will players be tested weekly for the virus?

    2. Will players be not allowed to play who test positive? How long?

    3. Will results of this testing be published in advance or will teams reveal it only at kickoff?

    4. How many must test positive to suspend or cancel a game?

    5. What if most of coaching staff test positive?

    6. How will a cancelled game be counted? Forfeit? 

    7. Let's say Bama and Clemson are only able to play 9-10 games due to opposing teams cancelling. Are they out of playoffs if others are 12-0, 11-1?

    NOW IT GETS REAL INTRESTING!

    South Korean research is showing those who were infected and recovered have anti-bodies and when they test positive again it is found they have only dead virus or virus particles and are not in danger of re-infection OR INFECTING OTHERS.

    https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/covid-patients-testing-positive-after-recovery-aren-t-infectious-south-korean-study-shows-1.630361

    Players who have or will be exposed to the virus and develop antibodies should be able to play all season if this study is confirmed, and I think it will be.

    Wouldn't it be interesting if players intentionally expose themselves now to gain these antibodies even though risk is involved.

    Five Bama players have tested positive. Okla St has one, sure there are many more.

    So, will there be a list of players with antibodies? Teams with most antibodies will be easier to predict.

    COMMENTS WELCOME.

     
    CFBbettor
    CFBbettor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2020
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 1:05 PM ET #2

    I think it will be interesting to see if the betting public will be willing to pound early openers

    and assume the Covid risk on their wager for 2 months or so, or will they wait to

    make their bet until closer to gameday when their risk is more well defined.

    Reply

    I think it will be interesting to see if the betting public will be willing to pound early openers

    and assume the Covid risk on their wager for 2 months or so, or will they wait to

    make their bet until closer to gameday when their risk is more well defined.

     
    CFBbettor
    CFBbettor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2020
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 1:50 PM ET #3

    I don't know how others on the Forum feel about Covid risk , but I personally would not

    like to take on the wager risk for two months if key players could come down with this.

    It's not only about Covid , but also Strength and Conditioning as well as limited reps ,

    and also , will practices be contact or non contact , this is important for me to know.

    Personally, I think I will be able to find plays to bet closer to gameday as I understand

    just how teams are actually preparing for their opener.

    GL

    Reply

    I don't know how others on the Forum feel about Covid risk , but I personally would not

    like to take on the wager risk for two months if key players could come down with this.

    It's not only about Covid , but also Strength and Conditioning as well as limited reps ,

    and also , will practices be contact or non contact , this is important for me to know.

    Personally, I think I will be able to find plays to bet closer to gameday as I understand

    just how teams are actually preparing for their opener.

    GL

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 2:52 PM ET #4

    You don't see any GOY's yet. Books are waiting too.

    I said players could possibly expose themselves and that is a bit absurd, but I have seen absurd before.

    Maybe players could get blood transfusions from players with anti-bodies??

    Will be interesting.

    Reply

    You don't see any GOY's yet. Books are waiting too.

    I said players could possibly expose themselves and that is a bit absurd, but I have seen absurd before.

    Maybe players could get blood transfusions from players with anti-bodies??

    Will be interesting.

     
    CFBbettor
    CFBbettor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2020
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 3:01 PM ET #5

    SBR has some GOY odds up.

    Reply

    SBR has some GOY odds up.

     
    CFBbettor
    CFBbettor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2020
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 3:07 PM ET #6

    FYI , They have Michigan as a 3 point fave over Wisconsin on 9 / 26.

    Reply

    FYI , They have Michigan as a 3 point fave over Wisconsin on 9 / 26.

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 3:27 PM ET #7

    Should have qualified that to VEGAS sportsbooks. Usually Southpoint and Golden Nugget have theirs out by now. And the newest book, Circa was expected to join in.  

    Reply

    Should have qualified that to VEGAS sportsbooks. Usually Southpoint and Golden Nugget have theirs out by now. And the newest book, Circa was expected to join in.  

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 3:40 PM ET #8

    Saw the online GOY's.

     

    Really Like;

    Bama -14 vs USC week 1

    Ohio St -9.5 at Oregon week 2

    Mich-6.5 vs Mich St week 7

    Just Like;

    Washington +2.5 vs Mich. week 1

    Texas +5 at LSU week 2

    If all things were normal like last year I would place these bets in Vegas. It's not normal, no telling how it goes next two months.

    Reply

    Saw the online GOY's.

     

    Really Like;

    Bama -14 vs USC week 1

    Ohio St -9.5 at Oregon week 2

    Mich-6.5 vs Mich St week 7

    Just Like;

    Washington +2.5 vs Mich. week 1

    Texas +5 at LSU week 2

    If all things were normal like last year I would place these bets in Vegas. It's not normal, no telling how it goes next two months.

     
    CFBbettor
    CFBbettor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2020
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 6:53 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by undefined:

    Some interesting stuff here. (At least to me) 1. Will players be tested weekly for the virus? 2. Will players be not allowed to play who test positive? How long? 3. Will results of this testing be published in advance or will teams reveal it only at kickoff? 4. How many must test positive to suspend or cancel a game? 5. What if most of coaching staff test positive? 6. How will a cancelled game be counted? Forfeit?  7. Let's say Bama and Clemson are only able to play 9-10 games due to opposing teams cancelling. Are they out of playoffs if others are 12-0, 11-1? NOW IT GETS REAL INTRESTING! South Korean research is showing those who were infected and recovered have anti-bodies and when they test positive again it is found they have only dead virus or virus particles and are not in danger of re-infection OR INFECTING OTHERS. https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/covid-patients-testing-positive-after-recovery-aren-t-infectious-south-korean-study-shows-1.630361 Players who have or will be exposed to the virus and develop antibodies should be able to play all season if this study is confirmed, and I think it will be. Wouldn't it be interesting if players intentionally expose themselves now to gain these antibodies even though risk is involved. Five Bama players have tested positive. Okla St has one, sure there are many more. So, will there be a list of players with antibodies? Teams with most antibodies will be easier to predict. COMMENTS WELCOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by undefined:

    I think it will be interesting to see if the betting public will be willing to pound early openers and assume the Covid risk on their wager for 2 months or so, or will they wait to make their bet until closer to gameday when their risk is more well defined.

     

    Just a thought , but I wonder which teams have a contingency plan in place if a position coach or two and / or an

    O or D Coordinator are forced to lose considerable time due to Covid

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by undefined:

    Some interesting stuff here. (At least to me) 1. Will players be tested weekly for the virus? 2. Will players be not allowed to play who test positive? How long? 3. Will results of this testing be published in advance or will teams reveal it only at kickoff? 4. How many must test positive to suspend or cancel a game? 5. What if most of coaching staff test positive? 6. How will a cancelled game be counted? Forfeit?  7. Let's say Bama and Clemson are only able to play 9-10 games due to opposing teams cancelling. Are they out of playoffs if others are 12-0, 11-1? NOW IT GETS REAL INTRESTING! South Korean research is showing those who were infected and recovered have anti-bodies and when they test positive again it is found they have only dead virus or virus particles and are not in danger of re-infection OR INFECTING OTHERS. https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/covid-patients-testing-positive-after-recovery-aren-t-infectious-south-korean-study-shows-1.630361 Players who have or will be exposed to the virus and develop antibodies should be able to play all season if this study is confirmed, and I think it will be. Wouldn't it be interesting if players intentionally expose themselves now to gain these antibodies even though risk is involved. Five Bama players have tested positive. Okla St has one, sure there are many more. So, will there be a list of players with antibodies? Teams with most antibodies will be easier to predict. COMMENTS WELCOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by undefined:

    I think it will be interesting to see if the betting public will be willing to pound early openers and assume the Covid risk on their wager for 2 months or so, or will they wait to make their bet until closer to gameday when their risk is more well defined.

     

    Just a thought , but I wonder which teams have a contingency plan in place if a position coach or two and / or an

    O or D Coordinator are forced to lose considerable time due to Covid

     
    CFBbettor
    CFBbettor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2020
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2020 - 8:51 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Saw the online GOY's.   Really Like; Bama -14 vs USC week 1 Ohio St -9.5 at Oregon week 2 Mich-6.5 vs Mich St week 7 Just Like; Washington +2.5 vs Mich. week 1 Texas +5 at LSU week 2 If all things were normal like last year I would place these bets in Vegas. It's not normal, no telling how it goes next two months.

     

    Bama's " D " needs to show me some improvement over last year before I'll lay DD's on them vs a team like USC .

    I'm not saying that Bama can't cover , but their defense was not impressive last season.

    I like the Mich / Mich St. play .

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Saw the online GOY's.   Really Like; Bama -14 vs USC week 1 Ohio St -9.5 at Oregon week 2 Mich-6.5 vs Mich St week 7 Just Like; Washington +2.5 vs Mich. week 1 Texas +5 at LSU week 2 If all things were normal like last year I would place these bets in Vegas. It's not normal, no telling how it goes next two months.

     

    Bama's " D " needs to show me some improvement over last year before I'll lay DD's on them vs a team like USC .

    I'm not saying that Bama can't cover , but their defense was not impressive last season.

    I like the Mich / Mich St. play .

     

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2020 - 12:33 PM ET #11

    With the exception of the beat down Bama put on the Kiffen coached SC team, Bama normally covers in these 1st showcase neutral site games, but its usually only by 2- 5 points.     Bama has the discipline over SC...and I will assume the motivation.   Bama will win, but the question for all of us, will they cover?  

     

    Quote Originally Posted by CFBbettor:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Saw the online GOY's.   Really Like; Bama -14 vs USC week 1 Ohio St -9.5 at Oregon week 2 Mich-6.5 vs Mich St week 7 Just Like; Washington +2.5 vs Mich. week 1 Texas +5 at LSU week 2 If all things were normal like last year I would place these bets in Vegas. It's not normal, no telling how it goes next two months.   Bama's " D " needs to show me some improvement over last year before I'll lay DD's on them vs a team like USC . I'm not saying that Bama can't cover , but their defense was not impressive last season. I like the Mich / Mich St. play .

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    With the exception of the beat down Bama put on the Kiffen coached SC team, Bama normally covers in these 1st showcase neutral site games, but its usually only by 2- 5 points.     Bama has the discipline over SC...and I will assume the motivation.   Bama will win, but the question for all of us, will they cover?  

     

    Quote Originally Posted by CFBbettor:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Saw the online GOY's.   Really Like; Bama -14 vs USC week 1 Ohio St -9.5 at Oregon week 2 Mich-6.5 vs Mich St week 7 Just Like; Washington +2.5 vs Mich. week 1 Texas +5 at LSU week 2 If all things were normal like last year I would place these bets in Vegas. It's not normal, no telling how it goes next two months.   Bama's " D " needs to show me some improvement over last year before I'll lay DD's on them vs a team like USC . I'm not saying that Bama can't cover , but their defense was not impressive last season. I like the Mich / Mich St. play .

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2020 - 3:59 PM ET #12

    Bama has covered the last five game #1's by 5.5, 13, 17, 34, and 6 points.  

    2-5 points, WHERE???

    They were favored by -33.5, -24, -7, -12, -12.

    I'll take it.

    GL

     

    Reply

    Bama has covered the last five game #1's by 5.5, 13, 17, 34, and 6 points.  

    2-5 points, WHERE???

    They were favored by -33.5, -24, -7, -12, -12.

    I'll take it.

    GL

     

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2020 - 10:21 PM ET #13

    So you will take Bama -17 against SC on a neutral field.  I don't know the exact spread, but that's my estimate based on last seasons end of season Sagarin Power ratings.   Bama may cover, and like Bama SC is a public team, but at that number, a Bama cover is no slam dunk...

     

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Bama has covered the last five game #1's by 5.5, 13, 17, 34, and 6 points.   2-5 points, WHERE??? They were favored by -33.5, -24, -7, -12, -12. I'll take it. GL

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    So you will take Bama -17 against SC on a neutral field.  I don't know the exact spread, but that's my estimate based on last seasons end of season Sagarin Power ratings.   Bama may cover, and like Bama SC is a public team, but at that number, a Bama cover is no slam dunk...

     

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Bama has covered the last five game #1's by 5.5, 13, 17, 34, and 6 points.   2-5 points, WHERE??? They were favored by -33.5, -24, -7, -12, -12. I'll take it. GL

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2020 - 8:18 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

    So you will take Bama -17 against SC on a neutral field.  I don't know the exact spread, but that's my estimate based on last seasons end of season Sagarin Power ratings.   Bama may cover, and like Bama SC is a public team, but at that number, a Bama cover is no slam dunk...   Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Bama has covered the last five game #1's by 5.5, 13, 17, 34, and 6 points.   2-5 points, WHERE??? They were favored by -33.5, -24, -7, -12, -12. I'll take it. GL

    Post #8 clearly shows I said -14.

    Took that number from here;

    https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/game-of-the-year/

    The word "Slam Dunk" is not in my sports betting vocabulary. I "Really Like" it.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

    So you will take Bama -17 against SC on a neutral field.  I don't know the exact spread, but that's my estimate based on last seasons end of season Sagarin Power ratings.   Bama may cover, and like Bama SC is a public team, but at that number, a Bama cover is no slam dunk...   Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Bama has covered the last five game #1's by 5.5, 13, 17, 34, and 6 points.   2-5 points, WHERE??? They were favored by -33.5, -24, -7, -12, -12. I'll take it. GL

    Post #8 clearly shows I said -14.

    Took that number from here;

    https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/game-of-the-year/

    The word "Slam Dunk" is not in my sports betting vocabulary. I "Really Like" it.

     
    HockeyNight11
    HockeyNight11
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2017
    Posts: 3284
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2020 - 12:36 PM ET #15

    UNIMAN how do we (Michigan) continue to be favored in road matchups vs ranked opponents? I'd have to think this is as good a chance as any to pick up a road W vs a ranked Washington team considering the overall mediocrity of the Pac-12.  Big advantage if no fans allowed, but if we do have fans that won't be an easy environment.  

    I think we'll be much better on the defensive side of the ball in 2020, didn't lose much and think some of the younger guys are due to be big time play makers with Hinton, Hutchinson, McGrone, Dax Hill leading the way.  We also look to actually have some more speed on D along with an actual defensive line that won't get absolutely dominated like what happened against Wisconsin and Ohio St specifically. We were very undersized in 2019, still think thats an issue here in 2020 but Hinton/Smith should help fix that some.  

    Plenty of playmakers on offense & I actually like McCaffrey or Milton better than Patterson.  Biggest question mark is the offensive line, as 4 starters moved on to the NFL.  Warriner has done a phenomenal job there though, and the recruiting has been great in the past couple years as well so hopefully that unit can come together quickly or it won't matter how talented the QB situation is.  

    Reply

    UNIMAN how do we (Michigan) continue to be favored in road matchups vs ranked opponents? I'd have to think this is as good a chance as any to pick up a road W vs a ranked Washington team considering the overall mediocrity of the Pac-12.  Big advantage if no fans allowed, but if we do have fans that won't be an easy environment.  

    I think we'll be much better on the defensive side of the ball in 2020, didn't lose much and think some of the younger guys are due to be big time play makers with Hinton, Hutchinson, McGrone, Dax Hill leading the way.  We also look to actually have some more speed on D along with an actual defensive line that won't get absolutely dominated like what happened against Wisconsin and Ohio St specifically. We were very undersized in 2019, still think thats an issue here in 2020 but Hinton/Smith should help fix that some.  

    Plenty of playmakers on offense & I actually like McCaffrey or Milton better than Patterson.  Biggest question mark is the offensive line, as 4 starters moved on to the NFL.  Warriner has done a phenomenal job there though, and the recruiting has been great in the past couple years as well so hopefully that unit can come together quickly or it won't matter how talented the QB situation is.  

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2020 - 3:39 PM ET #16

    Almost every one of my early picks listed above is based on historical tendencies with the exception of Mich/Mich St. I expect MSU to be really bad.

    Bama has a very strong history of dominating game #1.

    Ohio State is a scoring machine and does not let up, Oregon not even close in talent. Ohio St strong on the road.

    Texas with Herman has a history of rising up for big games. Maybe not winning but they do cover.

    Our Michigan has a terrible road record vs ranked opponents along with terrible bowl record. Washington has more returning starters and expects to be really good in the secondary. Their offense to me is a wait'n see. BUT, they have a new coach (same system) and with that comes renewed confidence and expectations. With all prep time being equal I have to side with historical tendencies. Michigan MUST PROVE ME WRONG before I put money on them in these situations. The Under might be the better bet in this game.

    I like McCaffery, not so much Milton. The running back position will be the most improved area, IMO, and not because of Evan's return. Charbonnet and Haskins had a big learning curve last year. Offensive line "needs time" according to Det Freep and I agree. On the flip, Washington replaces three on their line.

    Defensive line way too small last year. Wisc. saw that, saw how linebackers were used to make up for the line's size and dialed up a game plan to take advantage. Hinton/Smith should help shore that up this year.

    I want to see that "over the top" wide receiver at Michigan. It comes with OC scheme as much as a WR to pull it off. And a QB to hit that WR in the numbers when it matters most. Michigan needs that big-play WR along with big-play running back. 

    Reply

    Almost every one of my early picks listed above is based on historical tendencies with the exception of Mich/Mich St. I expect MSU to be really bad.

    Bama has a very strong history of dominating game #1.

    Ohio State is a scoring machine and does not let up, Oregon not even close in talent. Ohio St strong on the road.

    Texas with Herman has a history of rising up for big games. Maybe not winning but they do cover.

    Our Michigan has a terrible road record vs ranked opponents along with terrible bowl record. Washington has more returning starters and expects to be really good in the secondary. Their offense to me is a wait'n see. BUT, they have a new coach (same system) and with that comes renewed confidence and expectations. With all prep time being equal I have to side with historical tendencies. Michigan MUST PROVE ME WRONG before I put money on them in these situations. The Under might be the better bet in this game.

    I like McCaffery, not so much Milton. The running back position will be the most improved area, IMO, and not because of Evan's return. Charbonnet and Haskins had a big learning curve last year. Offensive line "needs time" according to Det Freep and I agree. On the flip, Washington replaces three on their line.

    Defensive line way too small last year. Wisc. saw that, saw how linebackers were used to make up for the line's size and dialed up a game plan to take advantage. Hinton/Smith should help shore that up this year.

    I want to see that "over the top" wide receiver at Michigan. It comes with OC scheme as much as a WR to pull it off. And a QB to hit that WR in the numbers when it matters most. Michigan needs that big-play WR along with big-play running back. 

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2020 - 4:22 PM ET #17

    Forgot to mention. Warriner has been a blessing, so glad Michigan has him.

    Reply

    Forgot to mention. Warriner has been a blessing, so glad Michigan has him.

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2020 - 12:53 AM ET #18

    Not against Maryland in 2017 and 2018...DD faves, and lost straight up...Sure Herman has a great record ATS as a dog both at Houston and Texas.   Those big game upsets as dogs have come in the bowl games against UGA and Utah.   I don't trust Texas.   But, I guess one could consider Texas a live dog at LSU in week 2, with an advantage at QB...But, I will not bet against LSU in BR at night...That will probably be a no play for me.   Be careful, betting Texas in September...Again, I don't trust them ATS...Herman has to demonstrate to me that he has grown up as a coach...I will wait and see and perhaps back them after the OU game...

     

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Almost every one of my early picks listed above is based on historical tendencies with the exception of Mich/Mich St. I expect MSU to be really bad. Bama has a very strong history of dominating game #1. Ohio State is a scoring machine and does not let up, Oregon not even close in talent. Ohio St strong on the road. Texas with Herman has a history of rising up for big games. Maybe not winning but they do cover. Our Michigan has a terrible road record vs ranked opponents along with terrible bowl record. Washington has more returning starters and expects to be really good in the secondary. Their offense to me is a wait'n see. BUT, they have a new coach (same system) and with that comes renewed confidence and expectations. With all prep time being equal I have to side with historical tendencies. Michigan MUST PROVE ME WRONG before I put money on them in these situations. The Under might be the better bet in this game. I like McCaffery, not so much Milton. The running back position will be the most improved area, IMO, and not because of Evan's return. Charbonnet and Haskins had a big learning curve last year. Offensive line "needs time" according to Det Freep and I agree. On the flip, Washington replaces three on their line. Defensive line way too small last year. Wisc. saw that, saw how linebackers were used to make up for the line's size and dialed up a game plan to take advantage. Hinton/Smith should help shore that up this year. I want to see that "over the top" wide receiver at Michigan. It comes with OC scheme as much as a WR to pull it off. And a QB to hit that WR in the numbers when it matters most. Michigan needs that big-play WR along with big-play running back.

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    Not against Maryland in 2017 and 2018...DD faves, and lost straight up...Sure Herman has a great record ATS as a dog both at Houston and Texas.   Those big game upsets as dogs have come in the bowl games against UGA and Utah.   I don't trust Texas.   But, I guess one could consider Texas a live dog at LSU in week 2, with an advantage at QB...But, I will not bet against LSU in BR at night...That will probably be a no play for me.   Be careful, betting Texas in September...Again, I don't trust them ATS...Herman has to demonstrate to me that he has grown up as a coach...I will wait and see and perhaps back them after the OU game...

     

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Almost every one of my early picks listed above is based on historical tendencies with the exception of Mich/Mich St. I expect MSU to be really bad. Bama has a very strong history of dominating game #1. Ohio State is a scoring machine and does not let up, Oregon not even close in talent. Ohio St strong on the road. Texas with Herman has a history of rising up for big games. Maybe not winning but they do cover. Our Michigan has a terrible road record vs ranked opponents along with terrible bowl record. Washington has more returning starters and expects to be really good in the secondary. Their offense to me is a wait'n see. BUT, they have a new coach (same system) and with that comes renewed confidence and expectations. With all prep time being equal I have to side with historical tendencies. Michigan MUST PROVE ME WRONG before I put money on them in these situations. The Under might be the better bet in this game. I like McCaffery, not so much Milton. The running back position will be the most improved area, IMO, and not because of Evan's return. Charbonnet and Haskins had a big learning curve last year. Offensive line "needs time" according to Det Freep and I agree. On the flip, Washington replaces three on their line. Defensive line way too small last year. Wisc. saw that, saw how linebackers were used to make up for the line's size and dialed up a game plan to take advantage. Hinton/Smith should help shore that up this year. I want to see that "over the top" wide receiver at Michigan. It comes with OC scheme as much as a WR to pull it off. And a QB to hit that WR in the numbers when it matters most. Michigan needs that big-play WR along with big-play running back.

     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2020 - 9:28 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Should have qualified that to VEGAS sportsbooks. Usually Southpoint and Golden Nugget have theirs out by now. And the newest book, Circa was expected to join in.

     

    I'm glad you mentioned Circa. Shops are open here now and I had a chance to stop by Circa just over a

    week ago. I had the opportunity to visit with Matt Metcalf and Jeff Benson , and I like their vision for

    Sportsbetting as well as the Sportsbetting experience going forward. Great people and I especially

    enjoyed reminiscing with Matt about the " Old days " and our times at the IP and Westgate.

    Hope college Football gets here soon.

    GLTA

    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Should have qualified that to VEGAS sportsbooks. Usually Southpoint and Golden Nugget have theirs out by now. And the newest book, Circa was expected to join in.

     

    I'm glad you mentioned Circa. Shops are open here now and I had a chance to stop by Circa just over a

    week ago. I had the opportunity to visit with Matt Metcalf and Jeff Benson , and I like their vision for

    Sportsbetting as well as the Sportsbetting experience going forward. Great people and I especially

    enjoyed reminiscing with Matt about the " Old days " and our times at the IP and Westgate.

    Hope college Football gets here soon.

    GLTA

     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2020 - 11:40 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Should have qualified that to VEGAS sportsbooks. Usually Southpoint and Golden Nugget have theirs out by now. And the newest book, Circa was expected to join in.

     

     

    I'm glad you mentioned Circa. Shops are open here now , and i had a chance to stop by

    Circa just over a week ago .

    I had the opportunity to visit with Matt Metcalf and Jeff Benson , and I like their vision

    for Sportsbetting as well as the Sportsbetting experience going forward.

    Great people , and I especially enjoyed reminiscing with Matt about the

    " Old days " and our times at the IP and Westgate.

    Hope College Football gets here soon.

    GLTA

    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Should have qualified that to VEGAS sportsbooks. Usually Southpoint and Golden Nugget have theirs out by now. And the newest book, Circa was expected to join in.

     

     

    I'm glad you mentioned Circa. Shops are open here now , and i had a chance to stop by

    Circa just over a week ago .

    I had the opportunity to visit with Matt Metcalf and Jeff Benson , and I like their vision

    for Sportsbetting as well as the Sportsbetting experience going forward.

    Great people , and I especially enjoyed reminiscing with Matt about the

    " Old days " and our times at the IP and Westgate.

    Hope College Football gets here soon.

    GLTA

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2020 - 2:24 PM ET #21

    Nice to hear from you Wise, hope all is well!

    Really hated moving from Nevada with Circa opening their new book. Gonna have to make a trip out there to see and experience it. Really think they will push other books to step up their wagering offers.

    My only experience with the IP sportsbook was Jan. 14th, 2001. Flew out to Vegas from Michigan for a four day gambling binge. My first stop was going to be the IP sportsbook to wager a bundle on the Vikings. My plane was delayed and when we arrived the rental car desk was backed up out the door! After waiting 2 hours we bitched to the manager as we had reserved a car in advance and were told we could just walk out, avoid the desk, and get our car. Such was not the case. The manager had us take a cab to the IP and then return later to get our car. They paid cab fare and discounted the rental. In the cab on the way to the IP the driver had the Giants/Vikings game on the radio. Giants were smashing the Vikings and won 41-0. Arrived at the IP at halftime. Went up to the sportsbook and it was packed! Not even room to stand! So I took a $10 dollar bill, put it in a quarter slot just outside the book and hit $250. Dumb freaking luck that I was delayed and didn't blow $$ on the Vikings and dumb luck I hit $250.

    Funny how you remember shit like this! 

    Reply

    Nice to hear from you Wise, hope all is well!

    Really hated moving from Nevada with Circa opening their new book. Gonna have to make a trip out there to see and experience it. Really think they will push other books to step up their wagering offers.

    My only experience with the IP sportsbook was Jan. 14th, 2001. Flew out to Vegas from Michigan for a four day gambling binge. My first stop was going to be the IP sportsbook to wager a bundle on the Vikings. My plane was delayed and when we arrived the rental car desk was backed up out the door! After waiting 2 hours we bitched to the manager as we had reserved a car in advance and were told we could just walk out, avoid the desk, and get our car. Such was not the case. The manager had us take a cab to the IP and then return later to get our car. They paid cab fare and discounted the rental. In the cab on the way to the IP the driver had the Giants/Vikings game on the radio. Giants were smashing the Vikings and won 41-0. Arrived at the IP at halftime. Went up to the sportsbook and it was packed! Not even room to stand! So I took a $10 dollar bill, put it in a quarter slot just outside the book and hit $250. Dumb freaking luck that I was delayed and didn't blow $$ on the Vikings and dumb luck I hit $250.

    Funny how you remember shit like this! 

     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2020 - 3:17 PM ET #22

    I've got a lot of great memories of this town going all the way back to the

    early '80's when I used to fly in from Chicago every Friday night on AWA # 777

    during CFB season. I decided to give up my Construction Consulting business in

    1993 to come to Las Vegas to try my hand at Sports betting. Shortly after I got

    here, i got a call from Ralph Englestadt at the IP about managing a Casino project

    for him .Unfortunately , the project was in Biloxi , MS , so I was not interested.

    Not too long after that , I got a call from the VP of Design and Construction at a

    Health Care company asking me if I was interested in managing the construction

    of a hospital they intended to build here. I took him up on his offer and managed

    the construction of Summerlin Hospital Medical Center in what began an 18 year

    career with them. I'm glad I did not go to Biloxi. bigsmile

    I was blessed to be able to do the two things that I enjoyed doing the most,

    managing large construction projects and Sports betting from 1993 on , and

    am very thankful for the opportunity moving to Las Vegas has given me.

    I did however spend a lot of time at the IP and Westgate " learning the ropes"

    of sportsbetting , as well as Little Caesars , Stardust ,and the Barbary Coast .

    Many great memories for me here bud.

     

    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply

    I've got a lot of great memories of this town going all the way back to the

    early '80's when I used to fly in from Chicago every Friday night on AWA # 777

    during CFB season. I decided to give up my Construction Consulting business in

    1993 to come to Las Vegas to try my hand at Sports betting. Shortly after I got

    here, i got a call from Ralph Englestadt at the IP about managing a Casino project

    for him .Unfortunately , the project was in Biloxi , MS , so I was not interested.

    Not too long after that , I got a call from the VP of Design and Construction at a

    Health Care company asking me if I was interested in managing the construction

    of a hospital they intended to build here. I took him up on his offer and managed

    the construction of Summerlin Hospital Medical Center in what began an 18 year

    career with them. I'm glad I did not go to Biloxi. bigsmile

    I was blessed to be able to do the two things that I enjoyed doing the most,

    managing large construction projects and Sports betting from 1993 on , and

    am very thankful for the opportunity moving to Las Vegas has given me.

    I did however spend a lot of time at the IP and Westgate " learning the ropes"

    of sportsbetting , as well as Little Caesars , Stardust ,and the Barbary Coast .

    Many great memories for me here bud.

     

     
    WISEGUY36
    WISEGUY36
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 34171
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2020 - 12:21 PM ET #23

    FWIW , I think it is important to know just how serious this virus is ,

    and why we should not dismiss it or take it for granted.

    So far many have suffered thru , or lost their lives due to Covid .

    In my years that were associated with the Hospital and Health

    Care field , Infection Control and Viral spread were always

     important elements to be considered in Hospital operations,

    but currently the Health care industry and it's career

    professionals are being challenged to unprecedented levels.

    Covid has , and will continue to seek us out , one at a time

    until all in some way have been affected by this virus

    For me personally , Covid 19 got very real for me three weeks

    ago when my twin Sister died from complications of Covid 19.

     

    To All, protect youself and your loved ones, and Stay safe.

    Blessings

    WG

    Helping Kama'aina to beat their " Local " since 1994.
    Reply

    FWIW , I think it is important to know just how serious this virus is ,

    and why we should not dismiss it or take it for granted.

    So far many have suffered thru , or lost their lives due to Covid .

    In my years that were associated with the Hospital and Health

    Care field , Infection Control and Viral spread were always

     important elements to be considered in Hospital operations,

    but currently the Health care industry and it's career

    professionals are being challenged to unprecedented levels.

    Covid has , and will continue to seek us out , one at a time

    until all in some way have been affected by this virus

    For me personally , Covid 19 got very real for me three weeks

    ago when my twin Sister died from complications of Covid 19.

     

    To All, protect youself and your loved ones, and Stay safe.

    Blessings

    WG

     
    bookieassassin
    bookieassassin
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10314
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2020 - 10:11 PM ET #24

    typing into a 1X3 inch box wtf....can't be right? wassup WG....double handshake ha was that you UNI... "trump is doing a pretty good job...." trump is the failed abortion resulting from a turkey baster jizz shake of: George Wallace + Mussolini + Don King.....introduced into the cavernous, funky snatch of Anna Nicole Smith....TRUE! CFB 2020 is gonna be an absolute disaster...Incredible financial PRESSURE might lead to on time start (what 4-5 billion on the table?). Damn near impossible for things to go past 2-3 weeks before an interruption. Big question here is..."Who TF is gonna be willing to SACRIFICE their own child?....I'm guessing very few. 130 teams X 100+ on every roster...limited spacing in locker rooms...somebody is gonna get sick and DIE. Then what...you keep going, wait 1-2 weeks THEN it's OK? Even with spacing in stadiums (20% or so)...games will be a massive social event. Say LSU lets 25K in, you will have 100K++ tailgating. Tons will get sick...recall young folks might not get the virus, but are fine carriers (often asymptomatic). Parents will pull their kids, and or sue the living hell outta the school (wavers won't stop lawsuits). "My son was pressured to be here (lose scholarship), school was not following PROPER procedures > therefore NEGLIGENT"....most schools can't afford frequent testing ($500K or so). Smart thing to do, would of course be to skip this year entirely...that is IF HEALTH / good of our nation....was more important than MONEY / ENTERTAINMENT. But it ain't...so here we go. * for the few UNAFRAID to discuss such things....the athlete / student that DIES...has a greater than zero chance of being Black....the coaches/ decision makers?....likely White. Think that won't matter you say? .....insert stupid rolling smiley face here new format sucks beyond belief
    It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
    Reply
    typing into a 1X3 inch box wtf....can't be right? wassup WG....double handshake ha was that you UNI... "trump is doing a pretty good job...." trump is the failed abortion resulting from a turkey baster jizz shake of: George Wallace + Mussolini + Don King.....introduced into the cavernous, funky snatch of Anna Nicole Smith....TRUE! CFB 2020 is gonna be an absolute disaster...Incredible financial PRESSURE might lead to on time start (what 4-5 billion on the table?). Damn near impossible for things to go past 2-3 weeks before an interruption. Big question here is..."Who TF is gonna be willing to SACRIFICE their own child?....I'm guessing very few. 130 teams X 100+ on every roster...limited spacing in locker rooms...somebody is gonna get sick and DIE. Then what...you keep going, wait 1-2 weeks THEN it's OK? Even with spacing in stadiums (20% or so)...games will be a massive social event. Say LSU lets 25K in, you will have 100K++ tailgating. Tons will get sick...recall young folks might not get the virus, but are fine carriers (often asymptomatic). Parents will pull their kids, and or sue the living hell outta the school (wavers won't stop lawsuits). "My son was pressured to be here (lose scholarship), school was not following PROPER procedures > therefore NEGLIGENT"....most schools can't afford frequent testing ($500K or so). Smart thing to do, would of course be to skip this year entirely...that is IF HEALTH / good of our nation....was more important than MONEY / ENTERTAINMENT. But it ain't...so here we go. * for the few UNAFRAID to discuss such things....the athlete / student that DIES...has a greater than zero chance of being Black....the coaches/ decision makers?....likely White. Think that won't matter you say? .....insert stupid rolling smiley face here new format sucks beyond belief
     
     
    bookieassassin
    bookieassassin
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10314
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2020 - 10:17 PM ET #25

    huh...that went well 90 yr old WG seems to have no issues posting ha...chrome the issue?...okey dokey
    It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
    Reply
    huh...that went well 90 yr old WG seems to have no issues posting ha...chrome the issue?...okey dokey
    All Forums | College Football
    12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,627
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,879
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 639
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,755
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,258
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 130
    • Trump's legacy? 32,962
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,239
    • Trump lies so much. 22,912

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.