• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    *** Texas vs. Bama Write-up (Long) ***

    «First Previous 123456
    jimmydafreak
    gmon3
    bob696969
    GolliAA1
    mrmo
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 11511
    Posts: 146
    «First Previous 123456
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 5:53 PM ET #126

    Quote Originally Posted by nostradamus12:

    Roll Tide, BOL jimmy

    Appreciate it ND!!!  Nothing like cashing a ticket on the last day of the season!!!

     to us!!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by nostradamus12:

    Roll Tide, BOL jimmy

    Appreciate it ND!!!  Nothing like cashing a ticket on the last day of the season!!!

     to us!!!

     
    gmon3
    gmon3
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:06 PM ET #127

    I have watched both of these teams play and from watching these teams and the stats and what their weaknesses are I have come to the conclusion that bama is the best play here.  but the two questions I cant answer and I have concerns about is this team is almost the exact same team that lost to Utah who Texas looks like this year.  Other then I think Bama has a better QB than last year what is going to stop texas doing exactly what Utah did to them get on them early spread the ball, make there offense make stupid mistakes.  And maybe I have answered my question number 2.  please explain why if the money and the public are on bama why it has not moved up to 5 or 6.  to me this is a sign
    Reply
    I have watched both of these teams play and from watching these teams and the stats and what their weaknesses are I have come to the conclusion that bama is the best play here.  but the two questions I cant answer and I have concerns about is this team is almost the exact same team that lost to Utah who Texas looks like this year.  Other then I think Bama has a better QB than last year what is going to stop texas doing exactly what Utah did to them get on them early spread the ball, make there offense make stupid mistakes.  And maybe I have answered my question number 2.  please explain why if the money and the public are on bama why it has not moved up to 5 or 6.  to me this is a sign
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:20 PM ET #128

    Quote Originally Posted by Brown8535:

    Texas has more to play for than Alabama.  If you dont think the Florida win was the biggest on their schedule this year, regardless of the outcome on the NC, then your not thinking rationally. During the offseason, do think Alabama was thinking more about the NC or Florida. As an athlete, I can guarantee you it was Florida.

    Looking at recent bowl history for Texas, Mack has his boys ready to play. If Alabama comes out hard, great. But how can you say they will come out harder, when for 33 days, everybody is saying Alabama will crush Texas. All the awards circuits, the banquets and such. Texas has a distinct advantage in this department.

    Cheers!

    I don't think your post could be any farther off the mark. In my first thread of this season I predicted that Bama would be a much improved team this season, that they would win the SEC west, that they would beat Florida in the SECCG and that they would beat the Big 12 Champion in the BSC title game.  If I could figure all that before the first football was snapped, I can assure the players could figure it out as well.

    I will also say that Bama definitely has the motivation advantage going into this game.  College football is just about the most important thing in the State of Alabama, and these guys know that they carry 17 years of probation, scholarship limitations, embarassing coach firings, ineptness and general frustrations on their shoulders for the entire state.  These guys know how much this game means.  They know what's at stake, and tonight Texas will be on the receiving end of 17 years of pent-up frustration, and it won't be pretty for the pokes!!!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown8535:

    Texas has more to play for than Alabama.  If you dont think the Florida win was the biggest on their schedule this year, regardless of the outcome on the NC, then your not thinking rationally. During the offseason, do think Alabama was thinking more about the NC or Florida. As an athlete, I can guarantee you it was Florida.

    Looking at recent bowl history for Texas, Mack has his boys ready to play. If Alabama comes out hard, great. But how can you say they will come out harder, when for 33 days, everybody is saying Alabama will crush Texas. All the awards circuits, the banquets and such. Texas has a distinct advantage in this department.

    Cheers!

    I don't think your post could be any farther off the mark. In my first thread of this season I predicted that Bama would be a much improved team this season, that they would win the SEC west, that they would beat Florida in the SECCG and that they would beat the Big 12 Champion in the BSC title game.  If I could figure all that before the first football was snapped, I can assure the players could figure it out as well.

    I will also say that Bama definitely has the motivation advantage going into this game.  College football is just about the most important thing in the State of Alabama, and these guys know that they carry 17 years of probation, scholarship limitations, embarassing coach firings, ineptness and general frustrations on their shoulders for the entire state.  These guys know how much this game means.  They know what's at stake, and tonight Texas will be on the receiving end of 17 years of pent-up frustration, and it won't be pretty for the pokes!!!

     
    bob696969
    bob696969
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:26 PM ET #129

    Quote Originally Posted by gmon3:

    I have watched both of these teams play and from watching these teams and the stats and what their weaknesses are I have come to the conclusion that bama is the best play here.  but the two questions I cant answer and I have concerns about is this team is almost the exact same team that lost to Utah who Texas looks like this year.  Other then I think Bama has a better QB than last year what is going to stop texas doing exactly what Utah did to them get on them early spread the ball, make there offense make stupid mistakes.  And maybe I have answered my question number 2.  please explain why if the money and the public are on bama why it has not moved up to 5 or 6.  to me this is a sign

    Keep in mind, in that Utah Game, they were missing their all-american offensive lineman who was a key to their running game all year long..... (I forgot his name) he moved on to the NFL during the off season and obvisously alabama has made the appropriate personalle adjustments to replace him since then.....

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gmon3:

    I have watched both of these teams play and from watching these teams and the stats and what their weaknesses are I have come to the conclusion that bama is the best play here.  but the two questions I cant answer and I have concerns about is this team is almost the exact same team that lost to Utah who Texas looks like this year.  Other then I think Bama has a better QB than last year what is going to stop texas doing exactly what Utah did to them get on them early spread the ball, make there offense make stupid mistakes.  And maybe I have answered my question number 2.  please explain why if the money and the public are on bama why it has not moved up to 5 or 6.  to me this is a sign

    Keep in mind, in that Utah Game, they were missing their all-american offensive lineman who was a key to their running game all year long..... (I forgot his name) he moved on to the NFL during the off season and obvisously alabama has made the appropriate personalle adjustments to replace him since then.....

     
    GolliAA1
    GolliAA1
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 880
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:28 PM ET #130

    Jimmy, you and I have the exact same feelings about this game. When this line dropped to 3.5 earlier this week, I hopped all over it, buying the hook to 3. I've been waiting on this game since both conference championship games were done and my mind hasn't changed a bit. I'm pretty sure we're spot on for this game and hopefully, we'll both cash for a big night. Definitely my biggest play of the bowl season.

    BOL my friend. ROLL TIDE ROLL

    Reply

    Jimmy, you and I have the exact same feelings about this game. When this line dropped to 3.5 earlier this week, I hopped all over it, buying the hook to 3. I've been waiting on this game since both conference championship games were done and my mind hasn't changed a bit. I'm pretty sure we're spot on for this game and hopefully, we'll both cash for a big night. Definitely my biggest play of the bowl season.

    BOL my friend. ROLL TIDE ROLL

     
    bob696969
    bob696969
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 4049
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:28 PM ET #131

    Quote Originally Posted by bob696969:

    Keep in mind, in that Utah Game, they were missing their all-american offensive lineman who was a key to their running game all year long..... (I forgot his name) he moved on to the NFL during the off season and obvisously alabama has made the appropriate personalle adjustments to replace him since then.....

    andre smith was his name.... blog.al.com/live/2008/.../alabama_allamerican_andre_smit.html

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bob696969:

    Keep in mind, in that Utah Game, they were missing their all-american offensive lineman who was a key to their running game all year long..... (I forgot his name) he moved on to the NFL during the off season and obvisously alabama has made the appropriate personalle adjustments to replace him since then.....

    andre smith was his name.... blog.al.com/live/2008/.../alabama_allamerican_andre_smit.html

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:33 PM ET #132

    Quote Originally Posted by gmon3:

    I have watched both of these teams play and from watching these teams and the stats and what their weaknesses are I have come to the conclusion that bama is the best play here.  but the two questions I cant answer and I have concerns about is this team is almost the exact same team that lost to Utah who Texas looks like this year.  Other then I think Bama has a better QB than last year what is going to stop texas doing exactly what Utah did to them get on them early spread the ball, make there offense make stupid mistakes.  And maybe I have answered my question number 2.  please explain why if the money and the public are on bama why it has not moved up to 5 or 6.  to me this is a sign

    First I would say don't worry about line moves or trying to figure out which side money is coming in on.  Bama is the correct side so stick to your guns.

    Secondly, this is not even close to the same team as last season.  I will also add that people have been losing money all season on Alabama because of last season's Utah game - a game that is not even close to being representative what either last year's or this year's team is.  The new fashionable game that causes people to lose money fading Bama is the Auburn game.

    I would need to go into a lot of detail to explain why both of these games should be expunged from your memory bank, but just take my word for it.  If you don't it'll cost you money.

     BOL!!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gmon3:

    I have watched both of these teams play and from watching these teams and the stats and what their weaknesses are I have come to the conclusion that bama is the best play here.  but the two questions I cant answer and I have concerns about is this team is almost the exact same team that lost to Utah who Texas looks like this year.  Other then I think Bama has a better QB than last year what is going to stop texas doing exactly what Utah did to them get on them early spread the ball, make there offense make stupid mistakes.  And maybe I have answered my question number 2.  please explain why if the money and the public are on bama why it has not moved up to 5 or 6.  to me this is a sign

    First I would say don't worry about line moves or trying to figure out which side money is coming in on.  Bama is the correct side so stick to your guns.

    Secondly, this is not even close to the same team as last season.  I will also add that people have been losing money all season on Alabama because of last season's Utah game - a game that is not even close to being representative what either last year's or this year's team is.  The new fashionable game that causes people to lose money fading Bama is the Auburn game.

    I would need to go into a lot of detail to explain why both of these games should be expunged from your memory bank, but just take my word for it.  If you don't it'll cost you money.

     BOL!!!

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:35 PM ET #133

    Quote Originally Posted by GolliAA1:

    Jimmy, you and I have the exact same feelings about this game. When this line dropped to 3.5 earlier this week, I hopped all over it, buying the hook to 3. I've been waiting on this game since both conference championship games were done and my mind hasn't changed a bit. I'm pretty sure we're spot on for this game and hopefully, we'll both cash for a big night. Definitely my biggest play of the bowl season.

    BOL my friend. ROLL TIDE ROLL

    We will most certainly be visiting the cashier's window later this evening bro!!!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GolliAA1:

    Jimmy, you and I have the exact same feelings about this game. When this line dropped to 3.5 earlier this week, I hopped all over it, buying the hook to 3. I've been waiting on this game since both conference championship games were done and my mind hasn't changed a bit. I'm pretty sure we're spot on for this game and hopefully, we'll both cash for a big night. Definitely my biggest play of the bowl season.

    BOL my friend. ROLL TIDE ROLL

    We will most certainly be visiting the cashier's window later this evening bro!!!

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:36 PM ET #134

    Quote Originally Posted by bob696969:

    Keep in mind, in that Utah Game, they were missing their all-american offensive lineman who was a key to their running game all year long..... (I forgot his name) he moved on to the NFL during the off season and obvisously alabama has made the appropriate personalle adjustments to replace him since then.....

    It was much, much more than this Bob.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bob696969:

    Keep in mind, in that Utah Game, they were missing their all-american offensive lineman who was a key to their running game all year long..... (I forgot his name) he moved on to the NFL during the off season and obvisously alabama has made the appropriate personalle adjustments to replace him since then.....

    It was much, much more than this Bob.

     
    mrmo
    mrmo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 2200
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:38 PM ET #135

    Reply
     
    TripleOption
    TripleOption
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 600
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 12:14 AM ET #136

    Congrats Jimmy. Enjoy the win. There aren't many things better in this miserable world than when a team you root for all of your life wins the big one.
    Reply
    Congrats Jimmy. Enjoy the win. There aren't many things better in this miserable world than when a team you root for all of your life wins the big one.
     
    estes1717
    estes1717
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 27398
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 12:15 AM ET #137

    Reply
     
    gtsum
    gtsum
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3712
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 12:18 AM ET #138

    congrats on your boys winning..you were off on how many texas would score (10 or less), but you were right about the bama run game for sure...some of those holes were huge...it would have been a very good game had colt not went out, but it is what it is..congrats!
    Reply
    congrats on your boys winning..you were off on how many texas would score (10 or less), but you were right about the bama run game for sure...some of those holes were huge...it would have been a very good game had colt not went out, but it is what it is..congrats!
     
    Fenway4
    Fenway4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 1927
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 1:03 AM ET #139

    Owe you a big thanks bro.  I tailed you big on this play after your write up.  If you're ever in western new york, you got a drink on me. 


    Was down 23 units to this point in the bowls and I have a tradition of doubling down on the championship game whether I'm up or down.  (I play within my means, but going down 46 would have really chewed into my play money)  So needless to say I enjoyed watching my now favorite team roll lol.  Thanks again
    Reply
    Owe you a big thanks bro.  I tailed you big on this play after your write up.  If you're ever in western new york, you got a drink on me. 


    Was down 23 units to this point in the bowls and I have a tradition of doubling down on the championship game whether I'm up or down.  (I play within my means, but going down 46 would have really chewed into my play money)  So needless to say I enjoyed watching my now favorite team roll lol.  Thanks again
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8063
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 1:16 AM ET #140

    Thanx to you and koko I had my second biggest payday, since Elway whipped ATL in Broncos 2nd SB win. Your excellent writeups and consistent reasoning were good tips but it did get extremely hairy w/o Ingram in there. HE WAS THE DIFFERENCE!! Big bruising swift back with Emmitt Smith thighs. That boy is a winner. McElroy sucked though and so did OL pass blocking. TEXAS really did a good job overall considering lil Colt got hurt...mean CRUSHED by #57.
    Saban's coaching wasn't very good either. Very questionable calls,receiving opening kick off, fake punt, goin conservative in 2nd half. INGRAM SAVED HIS ASS TONIGHT.

    DEFENSE WAS AWESOME. GREAT CALL AND THANX AGAIN. I OWE YOU BIG BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Thanx to you and koko I had my second biggest payday, since Elway whipped ATL in Broncos 2nd SB win. Your excellent writeups and consistent reasoning were good tips but it did get extremely hairy w/o Ingram in there. HE WAS THE DIFFERENCE!! Big bruising swift back with Emmitt Smith thighs. That boy is a winner. McElroy sucked though and so did OL pass blocking. TEXAS really did a good job overall considering lil Colt got hurt...mean CRUSHED by #57.
    Saban's coaching wasn't very good either. Very questionable calls,receiving opening kick off, fake punt, goin conservative in 2nd half. INGRAM SAVED HIS ASS TONIGHT.

    DEFENSE WAS AWESOME. GREAT CALL AND THANX AGAIN. I OWE YOU BIG BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 2:05 AM ET #141

    I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the kind words guys.  I will also post a seperate thread for Texas backers.  I hope you guys will check it out.

    TripleOption - Thanks, and you are correct.  It is twice as sweet when you can win as much money as I did on this game, and have the winning team be the team I've rooted for all my life.

    Estes - Nice job on hitting both ends of this play.  You took a lot of heat for your score prediction, but I think it was the most accurate one I saw.  Very nice job sir!!! 

    Gtsum - Even though I won this game, I'm still pissed off about it.  I realize that I'm a sore winner, but I think I was wrong about a lot more than I was right.  Thanks for being a better loser than I am a winner!!! 

    Fenway - Your post honestly made my whole evening.  When I feel strongly about a game, I do my best to get others on what I believe to be the right side.  I'm so glad to hear my write-up proved to be persuasive.  I hope there was a hundred more like you on this board.  It makes taking the time to do all the reseach behind my write-up worthwhile!!!  Let's get'em again next season bro!!! 

    Crusher - I completely agree that except for the Darius interception, Saban was outcoached in this game.  In the end I think we were very fortunate to get the cover!!!  But that's gambling.  Sometimes the gambling Gods are brutal, and other times they smile on you.  Tonight the gambling Gods were all teeth!!!   

     

    Reply

    I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the kind words guys.  I will also post a seperate thread for Texas backers.  I hope you guys will check it out.

    TripleOption - Thanks, and you are correct.  It is twice as sweet when you can win as much money as I did on this game, and have the winning team be the team I've rooted for all my life.

    Estes - Nice job on hitting both ends of this play.  You took a lot of heat for your score prediction, but I think it was the most accurate one I saw.  Very nice job sir!!! 

    Gtsum - Even though I won this game, I'm still pissed off about it.  I realize that I'm a sore winner, but I think I was wrong about a lot more than I was right.  Thanks for being a better loser than I am a winner!!! 

    Fenway - Your post honestly made my whole evening.  When I feel strongly about a game, I do my best to get others on what I believe to be the right side.  I'm so glad to hear my write-up proved to be persuasive.  I hope there was a hundred more like you on this board.  It makes taking the time to do all the reseach behind my write-up worthwhile!!!  Let's get'em again next season bro!!! 

    Crusher - I completely agree that except for the Darius interception, Saban was outcoached in this game.  In the end I think we were very fortunate to get the cover!!!  But that's gambling.  Sometimes the gambling Gods are brutal, and other times they smile on you.  Tonight the gambling Gods were all teeth!!!   

     

     
    veNicedammmit
    veNicedammmit
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 944
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 2:15 AM ET #142

    congrats.  nice to hear a sober take on the game.  sad way to end the season.....unless your cashing that ticket....
    congrats sincerely.    til next year
    ready for some playoff football to wash this taste outta my mouth
    Reply
    congrats.  nice to hear a sober take on the game.  sad way to end the season.....unless your cashing that ticket....
    congrats sincerely.    til next year
    ready for some playoff football to wash this taste outta my mouth
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 3:05 AM ET #143

    Quote Originally Posted by veNicedammmit:

    congrats.  nice to hear a sober take on the game.  sad way to end the season.....unless your cashing that ticket....
    congrats sincerely.    til next year
    ready for some playoff football to wash this taste outta my mouth

    I appreciate it bro!!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by veNicedammmit:

    congrats.  nice to hear a sober take on the game.  sad way to end the season.....unless your cashing that ticket....
    congrats sincerely.    til next year
    ready for some playoff football to wash this taste outta my mouth

    I appreciate it bro!!!

     
    GolliAA1
    GolliAA1
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 880
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 3:41 AM ET #144

    I hope you had as much fun during the game as I did, minus about four minutes where I thought the game was in jeopardy.

    Glad we were on the right side bro. Congrats... Let's move onto college basketball and start killin.

     

    Reply

    I hope you had as much fun during the game as I did, minus about four minutes where I thought the game was in jeopardy.

    Glad we were on the right side bro. Congrats... Let's move onto college basketball and start killin.

     

     
    gmon3
    gmon3
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2010 - 4:57 PM ET #145

      I think we got a little lucky with mccoy going out but you were right that at least one starter gets put out of the game because of how big a hitters bama our.  I think Bama is always going to be dominate against physical teams but will struggle against spread offense.  But notheless they have a lot more strengths then weaknesses.

    Thanks and Congrats

    Reply

      I think we got a little lucky with mccoy going out but you were right that at least one starter gets put out of the game because of how big a hitters bama our.  I think Bama is always going to be dominate against physical teams but will struggle against spread offense.  But notheless they have a lot more strengths then weaknesses.

    Thanks and Congrats

     
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2010 - 12:05 AM ET #146

    Quote Originally Posted by gmon3:

      I think we got a little lucky with mccoy going out but you were right that at least one starter gets put out of the game because of how big a hitters bama our.  I think Bama is always going to be dominate against physical teams but will struggle against spread offense.  But notheless they have a lot more strengths then weaknesses.

    Thanks and Congrats

    Actually I predicted that Bama would knock out at least two starters, and that's exactly what happened (McCoy & Hall).

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gmon3:

      I think we got a little lucky with mccoy going out but you were right that at least one starter gets put out of the game because of how big a hitters bama our.  I think Bama is always going to be dominate against physical teams but will struggle against spread offense.  But notheless they have a lot more strengths then weaknesses.

    Thanks and Congrats

    Actually I predicted that Bama would knock out at least two starters, and that's exactly what happened (McCoy & Hall).

     

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 123456

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,421
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 689
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,356
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,688
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,825
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,507
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,296
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,884
    • Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,886
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,316

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.