• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    *** Texas vs. Bama Write-up (Long) ***

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    phillyfranko
    MYSTICRICH
    jimmydafreak
    aspire210
    jwheels86
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 11511
    Posts: 146
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    phillyfranko
    phillyfranko
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 3:58 AM ET #101

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin:

    Excellent write-up.

    First and foremost,I am a Texas alum ('98), an Austin resident, and a Longhorn fan. But thats where it stops for me in terms of the National Championship game.Lots of Homers in this thread, but truth be told, Texas is over-rated and over-ranked,just like they are "most" years in College Football. A cream-puff schedule, playing against pass-first offenses, and an imbalanced/disproportionate offensive scheme have never been the recipe for a National Championship.

    I'll spare myriad apples to oranges comparisons of conferences, games, positions, etc but I must digress in saying a far superior Texas team should have lost to a far inferior Ohio State team LY in the Fiesta Bowl. And if you think that is an irrelevant point, than you have no clue about tomorrow nights matchup.

    Bottomline: We are all bettors, and bettors are always looking for an advantage or an edge; In a game that arguably anyone can win, Alabama has both an advantage and an edge.I hope Texas wins, and I think the possibility exists for Texas to win, but Alabama wins.

    This is just one game. A huge game but a game that does not merit a huge play with your bankroll. Enjoy the game.

     

     

    I Love a Respect Texas and Mack Brown and have great Friends in Austin...and I was there Less than a year after they won the Rose Bowl...I Had Texas +7.5  big  and I see Alabama here...I Think it will be close and Like the Under more...Good Luck to all...Great Info...want to play big...But a few units is the safe play here....Jimmydafreak  enjoyed Orange Bowl In Game and glad you cashed Under 1st H...If I Remember right.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin:

    Excellent write-up.

    First and foremost,I am a Texas alum ('98), an Austin resident, and a Longhorn fan. But thats where it stops for me in terms of the National Championship game.Lots of Homers in this thread, but truth be told, Texas is over-rated and over-ranked,just like they are "most" years in College Football. A cream-puff schedule, playing against pass-first offenses, and an imbalanced/disproportionate offensive scheme have never been the recipe for a National Championship.

    I'll spare myriad apples to oranges comparisons of conferences, games, positions, etc but I must digress in saying a far superior Texas team should have lost to a far inferior Ohio State team LY in the Fiesta Bowl. And if you think that is an irrelevant point, than you have no clue about tomorrow nights matchup.

    Bottomline: We are all bettors, and bettors are always looking for an advantage or an edge; In a game that arguably anyone can win, Alabama has both an advantage and an edge.I hope Texas wins, and I think the possibility exists for Texas to win, but Alabama wins.

    This is just one game. A huge game but a game that does not merit a huge play with your bankroll. Enjoy the game.

     

     

    I Love a Respect Texas and Mack Brown and have great Friends in Austin...and I was there Less than a year after they won the Rose Bowl...I Had Texas +7.5  big  and I see Alabama here...I Think it will be close and Like the Under more...Good Luck to all...Great Info...want to play big...But a few units is the safe play here....Jimmydafreak  enjoyed Orange Bowl In Game and glad you cashed Under 1st H...If I Remember right.
     
    MYSTICRICH
    MYSTICRICH
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 5046
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 4:33 AM ET #102

    NICE JOB JIM

     

    Reply

    NICE JOB JIM

     

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 5:05 AM ET #103

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfranko:

    I Love a Respect Texas and Mack Brown and have great Friends in Austin...and I was there Less than a year after they won the Rose Bowl...I Had Texas +7.5  big  and I see Alabama here...I Think it will be close and Like the Under more...Good Luck to all...Great Info...want to play big...But a few units is the safe play here....Jimmydafreak  enjoyed Orange Bowl In Game and glad you cashed Under 1st H...If I Remember right.

    Yes, Iowa and UNDER first half, and Iowa the 2nd half!!!     I enjoyed it very much because I won!!!    Given the fact that I don't think Texas will score more than 10 points in this game, I think the UNDER is a very solid play.  Lost in all of the Bama/Texas talk is a discussion on the total.  I do think the UNDER is the right side however.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfranko:

    I Love a Respect Texas and Mack Brown and have great Friends in Austin...and I was there Less than a year after they won the Rose Bowl...I Had Texas +7.5  big  and I see Alabama here...I Think it will be close and Like the Under more...Good Luck to all...Great Info...want to play big...But a few units is the safe play here....Jimmydafreak  enjoyed Orange Bowl In Game and glad you cashed Under 1st H...If I Remember right.

    Yes, Iowa and UNDER first half, and Iowa the 2nd half!!!     I enjoyed it very much because I won!!!    Given the fact that I don't think Texas will score more than 10 points in this game, I think the UNDER is a very solid play.  Lost in all of the Bama/Texas talk is a discussion on the total.  I do think the UNDER is the right side however.

     

     
    aspire210
    aspire210
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 19
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 5:24 AM ET #104

    Quote Originally Posted by kroch:

    thank you sir.  just trying to bring reason to the table.  this will not be a blowout that so many are sure of.

    even Florida last year with all those weapons (Tebow/Murphy/Harvin) was tied with OU going in the 4th...and OU had a much worse defense than Texas does this year.

     



    really OU not only had a "worse" defense but "MUCH worse." You mean the OU that completely shutdown TT, that whopped up on Texas? OU had a better line on BOTH sides of the ball, a better QB and better running backs. The only advantage Tex had at all was better seconardy, and arguabley better recievers. Tex cant whine about last year, if they had handled their business against TT, then their own conference wouldn't have screwed them.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kroch:

    thank you sir.  just trying to bring reason to the table.  this will not be a blowout that so many are sure of.

    even Florida last year with all those weapons (Tebow/Murphy/Harvin) was tied with OU going in the 4th...and OU had a much worse defense than Texas does this year.

     



    really OU not only had a "worse" defense but "MUCH worse." You mean the OU that completely shutdown TT, that whopped up on Texas? OU had a better line on BOTH sides of the ball, a better QB and better running backs. The only advantage Tex had at all was better seconardy, and arguabley better recievers. Tex cant whine about last year, if they had handled their business against TT, then their own conference wouldn't have screwed them.
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 6:17 AM ET #105

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

     

    you love it

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

     

    you love it

     
    bookieassassin
    bookieassassin
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10317
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 8:26 AM ET #106

    nice write up...looks like you know a lil'  football too....match-up wise horns have no shot....
    check out these offensive numbers vs 6 of the "tougher" match-ups on their schedule (ou...neb..okie st...col...tech...mizz)
    the horns Heisman contender QB?....
         *139-200......1221 yds....6 TD's / 8 INT.....sacked 20 times
           horns tried to run 219 times......gained 571 yds....(2.6/rush)
                 what this means is that they are getting their ass whipped 
                 up front.,...

    watching the TCU / BOISE game revealed to me (unfortunately as i liked the frogs).....the most likely way horns win here...the stronger team (tcu > bama).....comes out TIGHT .....presses.....and just can't get out of their own way (Patterson / Saban similar styles)...
    the other (boise > texas)......loose.....nothing to lose.....play's their ass off....
    the reports i have read suggest that their practice atmosphere .....(texas and boise)....(bama and tcu)......are similar

    SO....probably not smart to place your hard earned cash  on the event that this MIGHT happen....small bet on a hunch OK....but based on severe issues horns OL will most likely have here.....gotta be bama or nothing
    It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
    Reply
    nice write up...looks like you know a lil'  football too....match-up wise horns have no shot....
    check out these offensive numbers vs 6 of the "tougher" match-ups on their schedule (ou...neb..okie st...col...tech...mizz)
    the horns Heisman contender QB?....
         *139-200......1221 yds....6 TD's / 8 INT.....sacked 20 times
           horns tried to run 219 times......gained 571 yds....(2.6/rush)
                 what this means is that they are getting their ass whipped 
                 up front.,...

    watching the TCU / BOISE game revealed to me (unfortunately as i liked the frogs).....the most likely way horns win here...the stronger team (tcu > bama).....comes out TIGHT .....presses.....and just can't get out of their own way (Patterson / Saban similar styles)...
    the other (boise > texas)......loose.....nothing to lose.....play's their ass off....
    the reports i have read suggest that their practice atmosphere .....(texas and boise)....(bama and tcu)......are similar

    SO....probably not smart to place your hard earned cash  on the event that this MIGHT happen....small bet on a hunch OK....but based on severe issues horns OL will most likely have here.....gotta be bama or nothing
     
    VNAM777
    VNAM777
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 8:30 AM ET #107

    Quote Originally Posted by charlielo55:

     yeah right.........Texas Moneyline

     because they're flat out better.......


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by charlielo55:

     yeah right.........Texas Moneyline

     because they're flat out better.......


     
    VNAM777
    VNAM777
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 8:31 AM ET #108

    Quote Originally Posted by aspire210:



    really OU not only had a "worse" defense but "MUCH worse." You mean the OU that completely shutdown TT, that whopped up on Texas? OU had a better line on BOTH sides of the ball, a better QB and better running backs. The only advantage Tex had at all was better seconardy, and arguabley better recievers. Tex cant whine about last year, if they had handled their business against TT, then their own conference wouldn't have screwed them.

    OU was playing at home vs TT 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by aspire210:



    really OU not only had a "worse" defense but "MUCH worse." You mean the OU that completely shutdown TT, that whopped up on Texas? OU had a better line on BOTH sides of the ball, a better QB and better running backs. The only advantage Tex had at all was better seconardy, and arguabley better recievers. Tex cant whine about last year, if they had handled their business against TT, then their own conference wouldn't have screwed them.

    OU was playing at home vs TT 
     
    HotRoute
    HotRoute
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 25135
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 8:37 AM ET #109

    Reply
     
    THE-KID
    THE-KID
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 4756
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 8:51 AM ET #110

    Agreed!

    Alabama is the bet! Everyone that thinks alabama blew their emotional wad in the Florida game will be proven wrong.  The let down game only applies when a team either loses the emotional game in question, or they go to a bowl they deem dissapointing. Neither apply here. If you think Alabama is going to come in flat with the National Championship within their grasp, then you are either a Texas fan or are simply reaching!

    Texas isn't going to be able to run the ball on Alabama.  I have to believe that Saban will double Shipley and rush heavy to rattle McCoy.  Several other receivers are going to have to step up for Texas to be able to score. Texas only hope, IMO, is a meltdown from McElroy.

    Reply

    Agreed!

    Alabama is the bet! Everyone that thinks alabama blew their emotional wad in the Florida game will be proven wrong.  The let down game only applies when a team either loses the emotional game in question, or they go to a bowl they deem dissapointing. Neither apply here. If you think Alabama is going to come in flat with the National Championship within their grasp, then you are either a Texas fan or are simply reaching!

    Texas isn't going to be able to run the ball on Alabama.  I have to believe that Saban will double Shipley and rush heavy to rattle McCoy.  Several other receivers are going to have to step up for Texas to be able to score. Texas only hope, IMO, is a meltdown from McElroy.

     
    Tall-Tale
    Tall-Tale
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 133
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 9:20 AM ET #111

    UT.........UA

    FIRST DOWNS................... 20 ... 16
    Rushing..................... 8 ... 8
    Passing..................... 12 ... 6
    Penalty..................... 0 ... 2
    NET YARDS RUSHING............. 74 ... 136
    Rushing Attempts............ 36 ... 30
    Average Per Rush............ 2.1 ... 4.5
    Rushing Touchdowns.......... 0 ...
    0
    Yards Gained Rushing........ 106 ... 141
    Yards Lost Rushing.......... 32 ... 5
    NET YARDS PASSING............. 265 ...
    120
    Completions-Attempts-Int.... 21-37-1 ... 18-29-0
    Average Per Attempt......... 7.2 ... 4.1
    Average Per Completion...... 12.6 ... 6.7
    Passing Touchdowns.......... 1 ...
    0
    TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS...........
    339 ... 256

     

    Good thing they are not playing the real UT tonight.  If UT had a kicker Bama wouldnt be playing anyway.

    Reply

    UT.........UA

    FIRST DOWNS................... 20 ... 16
    Rushing..................... 8 ... 8
    Passing..................... 12 ... 6
    Penalty..................... 0 ... 2
    NET YARDS RUSHING............. 74 ... 136
    Rushing Attempts............ 36 ... 30
    Average Per Rush............ 2.1 ... 4.5
    Rushing Touchdowns.......... 0 ...
    0
    Yards Gained Rushing........ 106 ... 141
    Yards Lost Rushing.......... 32 ... 5
    NET YARDS PASSING............. 265 ...
    120
    Completions-Attempts-Int.... 21-37-1 ... 18-29-0
    Average Per Attempt......... 7.2 ... 4.1
    Average Per Completion...... 12.6 ... 6.7
    Passing Touchdowns.......... 1 ...
    0
    TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS...........
    339 ... 256

     

    Good thing they are not playing the real UT tonight.  If UT had a kicker Bama wouldnt be playing anyway.

     
    Dexter83
    Dexter83
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 163
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 9:44 AM ET #112

    Great write up 

     

    Go Tide 

     

     

    Reply

    Great write up 

     

    Go Tide 

     

     

     
    rounders1
    rounders1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 10:18 AM ET #113

    Yes, Iowa and UNDER first half, and Iowa the 2nd half!!!     I enjoyed it very much because I won!!!    Given the fact that I don't think Texas will score more than 10 points in this game, I think the UNDER is a very solid play.  Lost in all of the Bama/Texas talk is a discussion on the total.  I do think the UNDER is the right side however.

    if u say texas cant score 10 on bama...do u really think bamma can put up 30 on texas...i highly doubt t hat...so how can u only think the under is the right side...by all that your saying shouldnt the under be a cynch based on all your statistical analysis?

    Reply

    Yes, Iowa and UNDER first half, and Iowa the 2nd half!!!     I enjoyed it very much because I won!!!    Given the fact that I don't think Texas will score more than 10 points in this game, I think the UNDER is a very solid play.  Lost in all of the Bama/Texas talk is a discussion on the total.  I do think the UNDER is the right side however.

    if u say texas cant score 10 on bama...do u really think bamma can put up 30 on texas...i highly doubt t hat...so how can u only think the under is the right side...by all that your saying shouldnt the under be a cynch based on all your statistical analysis?

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 1:51 PM ET #114

    Quote Originally Posted by rounders1:

    Yes, Iowa and UNDER first half, and Iowa the 2nd half!!!     I enjoyed it very much because I won!!!    Given the fact that I don't think Texas will score more than 10 points in this game, I think the UNDER is a very solid play.  Lost in all of the Bama/Texas talk is a discussion on the total.  I do think the UNDER is the right side however.

    if u say texas cant score 10 on bama...do u really think bamma can put up 30 on texas...i highly doubt t hat...so how can u only think the under is the right side...by all that your saying shouldnt the under be a cynch based on all your statistical analysis?

    Yes, as I have said, I think the UNDER is a strong play, and my basis for that play is that I don't believe Texas will be able to score on Bama.  I locked in a play on the UNDER when the number was 48 several weeks ago.

    I would never use the word "cynch" or "lock" because we all know that anything is possible.  I place my wagers based on what I perceive the odds of a particular side of a play to be.  In this case I perceive the odds of Bama covering the number to be very high and, accordingly, that's the play I have the most confidence in.

    Do I believe that Bama can score 30 on Texas?  Of course I do, and why not?  They essentially scored in the mid 30s against a better (and similar) defense in the SECCG.  Bama absolutely WILL score at least in the mid to high 20s, and they have a decent shot of getting into the 30s.  So is a score of something like 34-17 plausible?  I think the odds are against it, but of course it is plausible.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rounders1:

    Yes, Iowa and UNDER first half, and Iowa the 2nd half!!!     I enjoyed it very much because I won!!!    Given the fact that I don't think Texas will score more than 10 points in this game, I think the UNDER is a very solid play.  Lost in all of the Bama/Texas talk is a discussion on the total.  I do think the UNDER is the right side however.

    if u say texas cant score 10 on bama...do u really think bamma can put up 30 on texas...i highly doubt t hat...so how can u only think the under is the right side...by all that your saying shouldnt the under be a cynch based on all your statistical analysis?

    Yes, as I have said, I think the UNDER is a strong play, and my basis for that play is that I don't believe Texas will be able to score on Bama.  I locked in a play on the UNDER when the number was 48 several weeks ago.

    I would never use the word "cynch" or "lock" because we all know that anything is possible.  I place my wagers based on what I perceive the odds of a particular side of a play to be.  In this case I perceive the odds of Bama covering the number to be very high and, accordingly, that's the play I have the most confidence in.

    Do I believe that Bama can score 30 on Texas?  Of course I do, and why not?  They essentially scored in the mid 30s against a better (and similar) defense in the SECCG.  Bama absolutely WILL score at least in the mid to high 20s, and they have a decent shot of getting into the 30s.  So is a score of something like 34-17 plausible?  I think the odds are against it, but of course it is plausible.

     
    Gold_Rush
    Gold_Rush
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 7850
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 1:56 PM ET #115

    thanks for clearing that up for me

    that blown call never sat well with me even though I had covered
    already on the game...I had thought they would have another shot

    many thanks, no need to prove it, I take your word on it
    had no idea there was such a discussion..


    Reply
    thanks for clearing that up for me

    that blown call never sat well with me even though I had covered
    already on the game...I had thought they would have another shot

    many thanks, no need to prove it, I take your word on it
    had no idea there was such a discussion..


     
    Gold_Rush
    Gold_Rush
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 7850
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 1:59 PM ET #116

    I also think the Under is a good play

    Bama - not counting the Florida Blow out- is a great under play
    more often than not. They do not give up many points
    Reply
    I also think the Under is a good play

    Bama - not counting the Florida Blow out- is a great under play
    more often than not. They do not give up many points
     
    Terp1135
    Terp1135
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 175
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:08 PM ET #117

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    What really sticks out is how much better competition ALABAMA has faced compared to TEXAS. That's a CLASS issue and that is definitely undeniable here. TX going to need Muschamp and "Opie" to have great gameplans to contend in this one.
    The SOS theory has not worked out all bowl season. TCU being example A of it. Just throw SOS out right now and save urself the trouble.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    What really sticks out is how much better competition ALABAMA has faced compared to TEXAS. That's a CLASS issue and that is definitely undeniable here. TX going to need Muschamp and "Opie" to have great gameplans to contend in this one.
    The SOS theory has not worked out all bowl season. TCU being example A of it. Just throw SOS out right now and save urself the trouble.
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:15 PM ET #118

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Rush:

    thanks for clearing that up for me

    that blown call never sat well with me even though I had covered
    already on the game...I had thought they would have another shot

    many thanks, no need to prove it, I take your word on it
    had no idea there was such a discussion..


    I found this Sports Illustrated article last night nonetheless.

    https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/10/24/alabama-tennessee/index.html

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Rush:

    thanks for clearing that up for me

    that blown call never sat well with me even though I had covered
    already on the game...I had thought they would have another shot

    many thanks, no need to prove it, I take your word on it
    had no idea there was such a discussion..


    I found this Sports Illustrated article last night nonetheless.

    https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/10/24/alabama-tennessee/index.html

     
    thatguy
    thatguy
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 8683
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:16 PM ET #119

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    Didn't read
    probably cant either.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    Didn't read
    probably cant either.....
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:22 PM ET #120

    Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

    nice write up...looks like you know a lil'  football too....match-up wise horns have no shot....
    check out these offensive numbers vs 6 of the "tougher" match-ups on their schedule (ou...neb..okie st...col...tech...mizz)
    the horns Heisman contender QB?....
         *139-200......1221 yds....6 TD's / 8 INT.....sacked 20 times
           horns tried to run 219 times......gained 571 yds....(2.6/rush)
                 what this means is that they are getting their ass whipped 
                 up front.,...

    watching the TCU / BOISE game revealed to me (unfortunately as i liked the frogs).....the most likely way horns win here...the stronger team (tcu > bama).....comes out TIGHT .....presses.....and just can't get out of their own way (Patterson / Saban similar styles)...
    the other (boise > texas)......loose.....nothing to lose.....play's their ass off....
    the reports i have read suggest that their practice atmosphere .....(texas and boise)....(bama and tcu)......are similar

    SO....probably not smart to place your hard earned cash  on the event that this MIGHT happen....small bet on a hunch OK....but based on severe issues horns OL will most likely have here.....gotta be bama or nothing

    I think there is almost no chance that Bama comes out shakey like TCU did.  This team has a ton of big-game experience, and is the most disciplined team in the nation.  They simply don't make mistakes.  I think they will come out with ice running through their veins just like they did against Florida.  If anyone gets off to a shakey start it will definitely be Texas, and if I were a Texas backer, I would be mildly concerned about that.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

    nice write up...looks like you know a lil'  football too....match-up wise horns have no shot....
    check out these offensive numbers vs 6 of the "tougher" match-ups on their schedule (ou...neb..okie st...col...tech...mizz)
    the horns Heisman contender QB?....
         *139-200......1221 yds....6 TD's / 8 INT.....sacked 20 times
           horns tried to run 219 times......gained 571 yds....(2.6/rush)
                 what this means is that they are getting their ass whipped 
                 up front.,...

    watching the TCU / BOISE game revealed to me (unfortunately as i liked the frogs).....the most likely way horns win here...the stronger team (tcu > bama).....comes out TIGHT .....presses.....and just can't get out of their own way (Patterson / Saban similar styles)...
    the other (boise > texas)......loose.....nothing to lose.....play's their ass off....
    the reports i have read suggest that their practice atmosphere .....(texas and boise)....(bama and tcu)......are similar

    SO....probably not smart to place your hard earned cash  on the event that this MIGHT happen....small bet on a hunch OK....but based on severe issues horns OL will most likely have here.....gotta be bama or nothing

    I think there is almost no chance that Bama comes out shakey like TCU did.  This team has a ton of big-game experience, and is the most disciplined team in the nation.  They simply don't make mistakes.  I think they will come out with ice running through their veins just like they did against Florida.  If anyone gets off to a shakey start it will definitely be Texas, and if I were a Texas backer, I would be mildly concerned about that.

     

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:26 PM ET #121

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy:

    probably cant either.....

    I'll save you the trouble.  Just bet Bama and enjoy the alcohol & popcorn!!!   

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy:

    probably cant either.....

    I'll save you the trouble.  Just bet Bama and enjoy the alcohol & popcorn!!!   

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:29 PM ET #122

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Rush:

    I also think the Under is a good play

    Bama - not counting the Florida Blow out- is a great under play
    more often than not. They do not give up many points

    You know how it always goes in gambling GR.

    2 good defensive teams = OVER, and

    2 good offensive teams = UNDER

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Rush:

    I also think the Under is a good play

    Bama - not counting the Florida Blow out- is a great under play
    more often than not. They do not give up many points

    You know how it always goes in gambling GR.

    2 good defensive teams = OVER, and

    2 good offensive teams = UNDER

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:30 PM ET #123

    Quote Originally Posted by THE-KID:

    Agreed!

    Alabama is the bet! Everyone that thinks alabama blew their emotional wad in the Florida game will be proven wrong.  The let down game only applies when a team either loses the emotional game in question, or they go to a bowl they deem dissapointing. Neither apply here. If you think Alabama is going to come in flat with the National Championship within their grasp, then you are either a Texas fan or are simply reaching!

    Texas isn't going to be able to run the ball on Alabama.  I have to believe that Saban will double Shipley and rush heavy to rattle McCoy.  Several other receivers are going to have to step up for Texas to be able to score. Texas only hope, IMO, is a meltdown from McElroy.

    Relax!!!  McElroy IS NOT going to melt down!!!

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-KID:

    Agreed!

    Alabama is the bet! Everyone that thinks alabama blew their emotional wad in the Florida game will be proven wrong.  The let down game only applies when a team either loses the emotional game in question, or they go to a bowl they deem dissapointing. Neither apply here. If you think Alabama is going to come in flat with the National Championship within their grasp, then you are either a Texas fan or are simply reaching!

    Texas isn't going to be able to run the ball on Alabama.  I have to believe that Saban will double Shipley and rush heavy to rattle McCoy.  Several other receivers are going to have to step up for Texas to be able to score. Texas only hope, IMO, is a meltdown from McElroy.

    Relax!!!  McElroy IS NOT going to melt down!!!

     

     
    Brown8535
    Brown8535
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 74
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:37 PM ET #124

    Texas has more to play for than Alabama.  If you dont think the Florida win was the biggest on their schedule this year, regardless of the outcome on the NC, then your not thinking rationally. During the offseason, do think Alabama was thinking more about the NC or Florida. As an athlete, I can guarantee you it was Florida.

    Looking at recent bowl history for Texas, Mack has his boys ready to play. If Alabama comes out hard, great. But how can you say they will come out harder, when for 33 days, everybody is saying Alabama will crush Texas. All the awards circuits, the banquets and such. Texas has a distinct advantage in this department.

    Cheers!

    Reply

    Texas has more to play for than Alabama.  If you dont think the Florida win was the biggest on their schedule this year, regardless of the outcome on the NC, then your not thinking rationally. During the offseason, do think Alabama was thinking more about the NC or Florida. As an athlete, I can guarantee you it was Florida.

    Looking at recent bowl history for Texas, Mack has his boys ready to play. If Alabama comes out hard, great. But how can you say they will come out harder, when for 33 days, everybody is saying Alabama will crush Texas. All the awards circuits, the banquets and such. Texas has a distinct advantage in this department.

    Cheers!

     
     
    nostradamus12
    nostradamus12
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10740
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 4:53 PM ET #125

    Roll Tide, BOL jimmy
    Reply
    Roll Tide, BOL jimmy
    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,421
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 689
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,356
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,688
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,825
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,507
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,296
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,884
    • Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,886
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,316

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.