*** Texas vs. Bama Write-up (Long) ***
Easy there Jimmy
Diego is a friend of mine
![]()
I was kinda rootin' for your boi, and I thought he had a shot of winning. But damn, BJ was just toying with his ass!!! The bottom line is that BJ is great (and he proved it once again), and Diego is just not there yet. I still have mad respect for you boi though!!! I'll probably even lay down some cash on his next fight if the line is reasonable!!!
Easy there Jimmy
Diego is a friend of mine
![]()
I was kinda rootin' for your boi, and I thought he had a shot of winning. But damn, BJ was just toying with his ass!!! The bottom line is that BJ is great (and he proved it once again), and Diego is just not there yet. I still have mad respect for you boi though!!! I'll probably even lay down some cash on his next fight if the line is reasonable!!!
Excellent writeup. But you didn't include the INTANGIBLES.
True, ALABAMA bigger, faster, stronger but are they really, most importantly, SMARTER? I think not personally but we all have our own opinions. This game will come down to COACHING!! The coach that prepares their team best, will hold the trophy at the end of the night.
We all can't wait and good luck with the TIDE.
This speaks volumes. It's a huge advantage. Better overall athletes are a huge buffer.
Both coaches will make an error or two in play calling or there will be judgment errors by players on both sides....it's the nature of the game. But having the better overall athletes will allow Alabama to compensate better.
Excellent writeup. But you didn't include the INTANGIBLES.
True, ALABAMA bigger, faster, stronger but are they really, most importantly, SMARTER? I think not personally but we all have our own opinions. This game will come down to COACHING!! The coach that prepares their team best, will hold the trophy at the end of the night.
We all can't wait and good luck with the TIDE.
This speaks volumes. It's a huge advantage. Better overall athletes are a huge buffer.
Both coaches will make an error or two in play calling or there will be judgment errors by players on both sides....it's the nature of the game. But having the better overall athletes will allow Alabama to compensate better.
Alabama does not have better overall athletes than Texas. if you really believe this, you have no clue about college football. Texas has all the speed of the SEC and then some.
Alabama does not have better overall athletes than Texas. if you really believe this, you have no clue about college football. Texas has all the speed of the SEC and then some.
if ohio st could beat miami a couple of yrs ago this texas team can win tomorrow
this bama team is not as good as that miami team and this texas team is better than ohio st was
if ohio st could beat miami a couple of yrs ago this texas team can win tomorrow
this bama team is not as good as that miami team and this texas team is better than ohio st was
if ohio st could beat miami a couple of yrs ago this texas team can win tomorrow
this bama team is not as good as that miami team and this texas team is better than ohio st was
if ohio st could beat miami a couple of yrs ago this texas team can win tomorrow
this bama team is not as good as that miami team and this texas team is better than ohio st was
whats going to happen when your boy Ingram does not find any running room? I highly doubt bama can run against texas all day - in fact, I think they will struggle and it will force mcelroy to pass more then they would like...in that scenario, I will take colt all day, every day...and that, in a nutshell, is why I am playing texas.
The SEC is very mediocre this year, aside from Bama and Florida - everyone else pretty much sucks..there is no denying that (LSU has a terrible, terrible offense, Auburn has a terrible defense, UGA just has issues period, and South Carolina and TN both got waxed in their bowl games...). win or lose, texas will be prepared and will play well - this nonsense of a blowout is just that..nonsense
Unfortunately for Texas they won't be playing one of the other teams in the SEC, they'll have to line-up across from Bama.
Unlike Texas, Bama is very balanced offensively. So even if Texas sells out to stop the run (which I don't think Muschamp will do), they'll get burned through the air.
If, as you contend, Texas can neutralize Bama's running attack for 4 quarters, I will agree with you that this game probably won't be a blowout. But even in this case, I still don't see Texas either winning the game or covering it. For Texas do that, they'll need to score some points, and that just isn't going to happen. Personally I think Texas will be fortunate to reach double-digits in this game. Conversely, Bama will definitely get in the 20s, and probably the 30s. Texas has no shot of sniffing that type of scoring output in this game. For that reason, I don't think this game will be close.
I think the best case scenario for Texas would be to get a non-offensive touchdown and make this a 24-17 sort of game in favor of Bama. The worst case scenario for Texas would be like 30 something to 3.
whats going to happen when your boy Ingram does not find any running room? I highly doubt bama can run against texas all day - in fact, I think they will struggle and it will force mcelroy to pass more then they would like...in that scenario, I will take colt all day, every day...and that, in a nutshell, is why I am playing texas.
The SEC is very mediocre this year, aside from Bama and Florida - everyone else pretty much sucks..there is no denying that (LSU has a terrible, terrible offense, Auburn has a terrible defense, UGA just has issues period, and South Carolina and TN both got waxed in their bowl games...). win or lose, texas will be prepared and will play well - this nonsense of a blowout is just that..nonsense
Unfortunately for Texas they won't be playing one of the other teams in the SEC, they'll have to line-up across from Bama.
Unlike Texas, Bama is very balanced offensively. So even if Texas sells out to stop the run (which I don't think Muschamp will do), they'll get burned through the air.
If, as you contend, Texas can neutralize Bama's running attack for 4 quarters, I will agree with you that this game probably won't be a blowout. But even in this case, I still don't see Texas either winning the game or covering it. For Texas do that, they'll need to score some points, and that just isn't going to happen. Personally I think Texas will be fortunate to reach double-digits in this game. Conversely, Bama will definitely get in the 20s, and probably the 30s. Texas has no shot of sniffing that type of scoring output in this game. For that reason, I don't think this game will be close.
I think the best case scenario for Texas would be to get a non-offensive touchdown and make this a 24-17 sort of game in favor of Bama. The worst case scenario for Texas would be like 30 something to 3.
Alabama does not have better overall athletes than Texas. if you really believe this, you have no clue about college football. Texas has all the speed of the SEC and then some.
Alabama does not have better overall athletes than Texas. if you really believe this, you have no clue about college football. Texas has all the speed of the SEC and then some.
it has nothing to do with anything
nor does all these dogs winning have anything to do with this game
but it looks loke a dog year in the bowls
bama is the better team but they are not unbeatable
it has nothing to do with anything
nor does all these dogs winning have anything to do with this game
but it looks loke a dog year in the bowls
bama is the better team but they are not unbeatable
Great write up Jimmy.
I can't disagree with anything you say except your contention that Tennessee should have won that game.
Bama pretty much controlled the game from start to finish, and had McElroy not been uncharacteristically inaccurate with his passes that game, it wouldn't have been very close.
Nevertheless, with a 12-3 score and Bama attempting to chew the last two minutes off of the clock, Tennessee needed an absolute miracle to win that game, and they almost got it. They recovered a fumble from a guy who virtually never fumbles (Ingram). Then they scored a quick touchdown on a blown coverage. Then they recovered an onside kick. Then they moved the ball into FG range. Then they attempted the game-winning FG which of course was snuffed by Cody.
The bottom line is that had Tennessee converted that FG at the end of the game, it would have been the fulfillment of a minor miracle, not because they outplayed Bama on either side of the ball. Although Bama was far from impressive in that game, they should have won that game and did.
You could never say a team has zero chance. If Appalachian State can beat Michigan in Michigan, then it is safe to conclude that anyone can win anytime. But we are gamblers, and as such we presumably attempt to bet with the odds hopefully in our favor. With that said, what are the odds of Texas winning this game? In my humble opinion that odds of that happening are remote. Their odds improve when you spot them 4 points of course, but even in that case I think odds strongly favor Bama. Personally I think this line should have been more like 10 points, and fully expected it to be just that. If the line were 10, I would probably make a very small play on Bama. I certainly wouldn't be on it as big as I am now. As I have said, anything less than 7 is a gift!!!
Great write up Jimmy.
I can't disagree with anything you say except your contention that Tennessee should have won that game.
Bama pretty much controlled the game from start to finish, and had McElroy not been uncharacteristically inaccurate with his passes that game, it wouldn't have been very close.
Nevertheless, with a 12-3 score and Bama attempting to chew the last two minutes off of the clock, Tennessee needed an absolute miracle to win that game, and they almost got it. They recovered a fumble from a guy who virtually never fumbles (Ingram). Then they scored a quick touchdown on a blown coverage. Then they recovered an onside kick. Then they moved the ball into FG range. Then they attempted the game-winning FG which of course was snuffed by Cody.
The bottom line is that had Tennessee converted that FG at the end of the game, it would have been the fulfillment of a minor miracle, not because they outplayed Bama on either side of the ball. Although Bama was far from impressive in that game, they should have won that game and did.
You could never say a team has zero chance. If Appalachian State can beat Michigan in Michigan, then it is safe to conclude that anyone can win anytime. But we are gamblers, and as such we presumably attempt to bet with the odds hopefully in our favor. With that said, what are the odds of Texas winning this game? In my humble opinion that odds of that happening are remote. Their odds improve when you spot them 4 points of course, but even in that case I think odds strongly favor Bama. Personally I think this line should have been more like 10 points, and fully expected it to be just that. If the line were 10, I would probably make a very small play on Bama. I certainly wouldn't be on it as big as I am now. As I have said, anything less than 7 is a gift!!!
I am just wondering when people is going to stop looking at all these games... Every person is referring to the AU and UT games for Alabama saying, well if they can do it surely Texas can... Also others are referring to Oklahoma and Nebraska saying, well if they can do it Alabama can do it.. .I am just wondering when people are going to realize that past games do not matter, especially rivalry games like those 4 are.... This game is about match up and Bama matches up very well with Texas, very bad thing for Texas... They have no one that can cover Julio, he has 3-4 inches on every DB they have... They run defense is not as good as it looks to be and McElroy will have a field day with the play acion past...
excuse me? Darelle Revis gives up 3-4" on every big WR in the NFL---can he not cover?
Aaron Williams will easily match up with Julio Jones. He could be a first round pick in the 2011 draft.
I am just wondering when people is going to stop looking at all these games... Every person is referring to the AU and UT games for Alabama saying, well if they can do it surely Texas can... Also others are referring to Oklahoma and Nebraska saying, well if they can do it Alabama can do it.. .I am just wondering when people are going to realize that past games do not matter, especially rivalry games like those 4 are.... This game is about match up and Bama matches up very well with Texas, very bad thing for Texas... They have no one that can cover Julio, he has 3-4 inches on every DB they have... They run defense is not as good as it looks to be and McElroy will have a field day with the play acion past...
excuse me? Darelle Revis gives up 3-4" on every big WR in the NFL---can he not cover?
Aaron Williams will easily match up with Julio Jones. He could be a first round pick in the 2011 draft.
yea i would have to agree with Freak on the point that the Tennessee - Alabama game is being blown way out of proportion...
the real final score of that game was 12-3... if you want to look at it for the performances that each team really gave... Alabama was killing the clock, when Mark Ingram fumbled for the first time in his entire football career... Bama dominated UT's offense, just completely stifling it the entire game... they never did anything, and prior to the fluke fumble, there was never any point in that game when i even considered it remotely possible that UT was going to win... it was complete domination that didn't show up on the scoreboard...
yea i would have to agree with Freak on the point that the Tennessee - Alabama game is being blown way out of proportion...
the real final score of that game was 12-3... if you want to look at it for the performances that each team really gave... Alabama was killing the clock, when Mark Ingram fumbled for the first time in his entire football career... Bama dominated UT's offense, just completely stifling it the entire game... they never did anything, and prior to the fluke fumble, there was never any point in that game when i even considered it remotely possible that UT was going to win... it was complete domination that didn't show up on the scoreboard...
Unfortunately for Texas they won't be playing one of the other teams in the SEC, they'll have to line-up across from Bama.
Unlike Texas, Bama is very balanced offensively. So even if Texas sells out to stop the run (which I don't think Muschamp will do), they'll get burned through the air.
If, as you contend, Texas can neutralize Bama's running attack for 4 quarters, I will agree with you that this game probably won't be a blowout. But even in this case, I still don't see Texas either winning the game or covering it. For Texas do that, they'll need to score some points, and that just isn't going to happen. Personally I think Texas will be fortunate to reach double-digits in this game. Conversely, Bama will definitely get in the 20s, and probably the 30s. Texas has no shot of sniffing that type of scoring output in this game. For that reason, I don't think this game will be close.
I think the best case scenario for Texas would be to get a non-offensive touchdown and make this a 24-17 sort of game in favor of Bama. The worst case scenario for Texas would be like 30 something to 3.
Couldn't agree more.
I'm starting to think that Alabama may end up dominating Texas.
I picked the last two minor underdogs (ie Boise St, Iowa). But I sure as hell am taking the favorite in the championship game. Alabama is just a better all around team.
Unfortunately for Texas they won't be playing one of the other teams in the SEC, they'll have to line-up across from Bama.
Unlike Texas, Bama is very balanced offensively. So even if Texas sells out to stop the run (which I don't think Muschamp will do), they'll get burned through the air.
If, as you contend, Texas can neutralize Bama's running attack for 4 quarters, I will agree with you that this game probably won't be a blowout. But even in this case, I still don't see Texas either winning the game or covering it. For Texas do that, they'll need to score some points, and that just isn't going to happen. Personally I think Texas will be fortunate to reach double-digits in this game. Conversely, Bama will definitely get in the 20s, and probably the 30s. Texas has no shot of sniffing that type of scoring output in this game. For that reason, I don't think this game will be close.
I think the best case scenario for Texas would be to get a non-offensive touchdown and make this a 24-17 sort of game in favor of Bama. The worst case scenario for Texas would be like 30 something to 3.
Couldn't agree more.
I'm starting to think that Alabama may end up dominating Texas.
I picked the last two minor underdogs (ie Boise St, Iowa). But I sure as hell am taking the favorite in the championship game. Alabama is just a better all around team.
All over Bama this time Brah! I learned my lesson in the SEC title game...These kids and Saban are on a different level this year and people that bring up the Auburn game forget that Bama kept their cool that whole game and a game like that actually made Bama A BETTER team. I'm not saying Texas didn't go through some shit too but Bama is better! I won't be wrong this time! The Texas Defense can't stop both Ingram and G-Mac...they will focus on Ingram....Greg will do his thing and eventually even work Ingram in or maybe Texas is too conservative respecting G-Mac and Ingram just shreds them like the two good RB's Texas faced this year did for 100+....
Texas O-line is facing an even better defense than the Nebraska one that shredded them in the Big 12 Title game. McCoy will be pressured and the Bama secondary will capitalize. Saban will be smart Brown will be predicatable. Roll Tide!
All over Bama this time Brah! I learned my lesson in the SEC title game...These kids and Saban are on a different level this year and people that bring up the Auburn game forget that Bama kept their cool that whole game and a game like that actually made Bama A BETTER team. I'm not saying Texas didn't go through some shit too but Bama is better! I won't be wrong this time! The Texas Defense can't stop both Ingram and G-Mac...they will focus on Ingram....Greg will do his thing and eventually even work Ingram in or maybe Texas is too conservative respecting G-Mac and Ingram just shreds them like the two good RB's Texas faced this year did for 100+....
Texas O-line is facing an even better defense than the Nebraska one that shredded them in the Big 12 Title game. McCoy will be pressured and the Bama secondary will capitalize. Saban will be smart Brown will be predicatable. Roll Tide!
well Stephen Garcia moved the ball ok on the Bama defense---just couldn't knock the ball in.
yes, Stephen Garcia.
Kroch I will say that of all the Texas backers on Covers, you (and perhaps gtsum) are the only one who even attempts to make a logical argument for backing Texas in this game. While I respectfully disagree with most of your conclusions, I do have a lot of respect for your informative posts. We need more posters of your ilk who can actually analyze a football game and articulate a legitimate football rationale for favoring one side or the other.
This game will not be decided by a Heisman jinx. It won't be decided by UT's 7-0-1 lifetime record versus Bama, or by some other obscure, irrelevant stat or trend. It won't be decided by some Vegas insider. It will be decided on the football field, and more particularly in the trenches.
So just wanted to say I appreciate what you bring to the board, and keep up the good work.
![]()
well Stephen Garcia moved the ball ok on the Bama defense---just couldn't knock the ball in.
yes, Stephen Garcia.
Kroch I will say that of all the Texas backers on Covers, you (and perhaps gtsum) are the only one who even attempts to make a logical argument for backing Texas in this game. While I respectfully disagree with most of your conclusions, I do have a lot of respect for your informative posts. We need more posters of your ilk who can actually analyze a football game and articulate a legitimate football rationale for favoring one side or the other.
This game will not be decided by a Heisman jinx. It won't be decided by UT's 7-0-1 lifetime record versus Bama, or by some other obscure, irrelevant stat or trend. It won't be decided by some Vegas insider. It will be decided on the football field, and more particularly in the trenches.
So just wanted to say I appreciate what you bring to the board, and keep up the good work.
![]()
excuse me? Darelle Revis gives up 3-4" on every big WR in the NFL---can he not cover?
Aaron Williams will easily match up with Julio Jones. He could be a first round pick in the 2011 draft.
excuse me? Darelle Revis gives up 3-4" on every big WR in the NFL---can he not cover?
Aaron Williams will easily match up with Julio Jones. He could be a first round pick in the 2011 draft.
well Stephen Garcia moved the ball ok on the Bama defense---just couldn't knock the ball in.
yes, Stephen Garcia.
well Stephen Garcia moved the ball ok on the Bama defense---just couldn't knock the ball in.
yes, Stephen Garcia.
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,421
- Sunday 10/04/2026 689
- NFL LOCKED IN! 104,356
- ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,688
- This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,825
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,507
- __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,296
- Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,884
- Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,886
- Breathtaking ....truly 36,316
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
