• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Sucker Bets

    123 Next Last»
    abizzo24
    Jim35
    JBone_Texas
    TRAIN69
    HotPancakes
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3887
    Posts: 63
    123 Next Last»
     
    abizzo24
    abizzo24
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 2537
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 9:29 AM ET #1

    there are several huge sucker bets on the board this week IMO.

    - Boise -7 (we all know chuckie keaton is out, their backup didn't look top hot against BYU.   You would think maybe Utah St. would be getting more than 7, squares going to be all over boise here )

    - A&M -7 (you mean to tell me i get johnny fuuckin football against the mississippi team that just lost to Auburn and laid an egg at Bama and i only have to lay 6.5?  )

    - NW +10 (i get the ranked team who almost beat OSU against Stave who isn't a good thrower and you're going to give me 10?  )

    - Mich -3 (perception is that mich is better than PSU, seems too easy to just take mich to win by a field goal )


    of course my reaction to these lines is

    the problem is, i'm not sure i have the balls to go against any of these (yet).  going to need to dig deeper.


      


    -
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    there are several huge sucker bets on the board this week IMO.

    - Boise -7 (we all know chuckie keaton is out, their backup didn't look top hot against BYU.   You would think maybe Utah St. would be getting more than 7, squares going to be all over boise here )

    - A&M -7 (you mean to tell me i get johnny fuuckin football against the mississippi team that just lost to Auburn and laid an egg at Bama and i only have to lay 6.5?  )

    - NW +10 (i get the ranked team who almost beat OSU against Stave who isn't a good thrower and you're going to give me 10?  )

    - Mich -3 (perception is that mich is better than PSU, seems too easy to just take mich to win by a field goal )


    of course my reaction to these lines is

    the problem is, i'm not sure i have the balls to go against any of these (yet).  going to need to dig deeper.


      


    -
     
    Jim35
    Jim35
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 53
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 9:53 AM ET #2

    I disagree with A&M -7. I think that will be easy money even though TAM defense is bad it won't matter.
    Reply
    I disagree with A&M -7. I think that will be easy money even though TAM defense is bad it won't matter.
     
    abizzo24
    abizzo24
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 2537
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 9:56 AM ET #3

    Jim, so you like A&M right?   ride johnny football only laying 6.5? 
    Reply
    Jim, so you like A&M right?   ride johnny football only laying 6.5? 
     
    JBone_Texas
    JBone_Texas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 1016
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 10:02 AM ET #4

    Abizzo, very good scouting here couldn't agree more.  Don't overthink just close your eyes and pull the trigger on all 3.

    Reply

    Abizzo, very good scouting here couldn't agree more.  Don't overthink just close your eyes and pull the trigger on all 3.

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55662
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 10:19 AM ET #5

    I agree on all but Mich. After almost lising to UConn & Akron, they dont deserve to be favored at all. If PSU beat Indy this line is a pick em.....
    Reply
    I agree on all but Mich. After almost lising to UConn & Akron, they dont deserve to be favored at all. If PSU beat Indy this line is a pick em.....
     
    HotPancakes
    HotPancakes
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 10:20 AM ET #6

    haha, all 4.  I've got 3, excluding NW.  While I agree lines seem too good to be true, Vegas isn't stupid, blah blah blah.  I still think of the picks you listed above, they'll be 3-1.
    Reply
    haha, all 4.  I've got 3, excluding NW.  While I agree lines seem too good to be true, Vegas isn't stupid, blah blah blah.  I still think of the picks you listed above, they'll be 3-1.
     
    Pix
    Pix
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2001
    Posts: 8333
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 10:21 AM ET #7



    Northwestern will lose by 5 tds.
    Reply


    Northwestern will lose by 5 tds.
     
    abizzo24
    abizzo24
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 2537
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 10:22 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    I agree on all but Mich. After almost lising to UConn & Akron, they dont deserve to be favored at all. If PSU beat Indy this line is a pick em.....


    i hear you train, problem is they got blown out by Indiana...

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    I agree on all but Mich. After almost lising to UConn & Akron, they dont deserve to be favored at all. If PSU beat Indy this line is a pick em.....


    i hear you train, problem is they got blown out by Indiana...

     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25644
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 10:30 AM ET #9

    So if these games all cover or go 3-1 are they still "sucker bets" in your opinion ?
    .
    Reply
    So if these games all cover or go 3-1 are they still "sucker bets" in your opinion ?
     
    mws
    mws
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 7191
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 11:11 AM ET #10

    I thought Keeton's backup looked better than Keeton last week.  He had better passing and rushing numbers.
    Reply
    I thought Keeton's backup looked better than Keeton last week.  He had better passing and rushing numbers.
     
    mtp104
    mtp104
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1390
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 11:16 AM ET #11

    Train
    All do respect I believe the game of year line on michigan pen. State was right aroun where it is not a pick em.. Last weeks loss had little to do with this line according to the game of yet lines prior to season!

    We all know I'm a die hard michigan fan but this line is very suspicious I agree penn state is the sharp play when u think bout it. But then again michigan is an enigma and could win by 2 tds!

    Stay away or play total is probably best play!

    -3. Michigan has way more depth and jake Ryan the eat defender last 2 seasons may be back! I would be very careful betting this game!

    Alabama had a tough time two or three years ago before their depth took over in the end!
    Reply
    Train
    All do respect I believe the game of year line on michigan pen. State was right aroun where it is not a pick em.. Last weeks loss had little to do with this line according to the game of yet lines prior to season!

    We all know I'm a die hard michigan fan but this line is very suspicious I agree penn state is the sharp play when u think bout it. But then again michigan is an enigma and could win by 2 tds!

    Stay away or play total is probably best play!

    -3. Michigan has way more depth and jake Ryan the eat defender last 2 seasons may be back! I would be very careful betting this game!

    Alabama had a tough time two or three years ago before their depth took over in the end!
     
    Teaser78
    Teaser78
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 15820
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 11:16 AM ET #12

    U nailed it bro esp that PSU line suckers already pounding michigan
    Reply
    U nailed it bro esp that PSU line suckers already pounding michigan
     
    mtp104
    mtp104
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1390
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 11:16 AM ET #13

    My BAMA reference was when they played at penn state
    Reply
    My BAMA reference was when they played at penn state
     
    BandosWB
    BandosWB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 2909
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 11:18 AM ET #14

    The Boise line is adjusted 12 points due to Chuckie injury, and it is still getting pounded.  The two games last week that looked like sucker plays, but won both had major injury concerns (Miami and LSU).

    The other three are huge public play sucker bets.  Doesn't mean they won't win, but if you play those kind of plays consistently you will lose your role this time of year.   Trust me, I know from too much experience

    Please, just replace aTm with georgia, UM with PSU, and NW with Tx st, and you have some of last weeks sucker bets (along with ECU, UCF - losers - and UCLA and OHst, wicked lucky winners)

    Lots of games this weekend, choose others but I'd be shocked to see these plays go over .500 this weekend: UCLA, Michigan, Stanford, aTm, BYU, NW, Clemson, Neb, Missouri, Louisville.

    Good discussion - might get some value out of this thread....
    Reply
    The Boise line is adjusted 12 points due to Chuckie injury, and it is still getting pounded.  The two games last week that looked like sucker plays, but won both had major injury concerns (Miami and LSU).

    The other three are huge public play sucker bets.  Doesn't mean they won't win, but if you play those kind of plays consistently you will lose your role this time of year.   Trust me, I know from too much experience

    Please, just replace aTm with georgia, UM with PSU, and NW with Tx st, and you have some of last weeks sucker bets (along with ECU, UCF - losers - and UCLA and OHst, wicked lucky winners)

    Lots of games this weekend, choose others but I'd be shocked to see these plays go over .500 this weekend: UCLA, Michigan, Stanford, aTm, BYU, NW, Clemson, Neb, Missouri, Louisville.

    Good discussion - might get some value out of this thread....
     
    mws
    mws
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 7191
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 11:19 AM ET #15

    I don't get the TAMU thing at all.  Ole Miss sucks because they lost on the road to two teams that have combined to win the last three national titles?  Lunacy.
    Reply
    I don't get the TAMU thing at all.  Ole Miss sucks because they lost on the road to two teams that have combined to win the last three national titles?  Lunacy.
     
    bigvern1013
    bigvern1013
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 3051
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 11:20 AM ET #16

    I agree with the Michigan -3...that seems to me to be too low...lots of action wanted on Michigan in that one.

    TAMU only -6.5....I don't know about that one.  On the road In the SEC is tough, especially vs a team that was previously highly touted, and AM does play bad defense...just not sure anyone can beat them,  in a shootout.

    Boise is solid.  The wakeup game for them was the Fresno St game...they should have got that one in the hat, but it slipped away.  They showed a lot of guts though, coming back from 15 down, and I don't see Utah State scoring 21.  Boise could roll here.

    I am not sure anyone thinks Northwestern can win vs a quality team on the road.

    IMO the biggest sucker play out there is San Diego State vs AFA on Thursday...San Diego -4.  AFA plays no defense, and the perception here is that SDSU will roll em up....except that it will be cold in Colorado Springs, and AFA has played some inspired football the last 2 weeks. Still  not sure how they didn't cover vs Navy.  That looks to me like a Thursday night oddsmakers trap.

    Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
    Reply

    I agree with the Michigan -3...that seems to me to be too low...lots of action wanted on Michigan in that one.

    TAMU only -6.5....I don't know about that one.  On the road In the SEC is tough, especially vs a team that was previously highly touted, and AM does play bad defense...just not sure anyone can beat them,  in a shootout.

    Boise is solid.  The wakeup game for them was the Fresno St game...they should have got that one in the hat, but it slipped away.  They showed a lot of guts though, coming back from 15 down, and I don't see Utah State scoring 21.  Boise could roll here.

    I am not sure anyone thinks Northwestern can win vs a quality team on the road.

    IMO the biggest sucker play out there is San Diego State vs AFA on Thursday...San Diego -4.  AFA plays no defense, and the perception here is that SDSU will roll em up....except that it will be cold in Colorado Springs, and AFA has played some inspired football the last 2 weeks. Still  not sure how they didn't cover vs Navy.  That looks to me like a Thursday night oddsmakers trap.

     
    abizzo24
    abizzo24
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 2537
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 11:43 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    So if these games all cover or go 3-1 are they still "sucker bets" in your opinion ?


    i'm more of a contrarian better, so for me its a pass or play against.  but do what fits your style Wahoo.  you seem to be doing well this year.  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    So if these games all cover or go 3-1 are they still "sucker bets" in your opinion ?


    i'm more of a contrarian better, so for me its a pass or play against.  but do what fits your style Wahoo.  you seem to be doing well this year.  

     
    WorldwideSharp
    WorldwideSharp
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 12:01 PM ET #18

    Two biggest sucker bets I see are A&M, and Clemson. 
    Reply
    Two biggest sucker bets I see are A&M, and Clemson. 
     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25644
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 12:26 PM ET #19

    I'm not playing those games abizzo, I was asking you a question, if those bets went 3-1 would you still consider them a sucker bet? I'm just trying to figure out your thinking here & point of the thread, I'm curious

    I actually lean to your side on one of those games

    .
    Reply
    I'm not playing those games abizzo, I was asking you a question, if those bets went 3-1 would you still consider them a sucker bet? I'm just trying to figure out your thinking here & point of the thread, I'm curious

    I actually lean to your side on one of those games

     
    jms07smith
    jms07smith
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 12:41 PM ET #20

    How do you all feel about A&M winning the game out right? I had success last weekend parlaying ML favorites so wanted to give it another whirl this week. 
    A&M, LSU, Stanford 
    Thoughts?
    Reply
    How do you all feel about A&M winning the game out right? I had success last weekend parlaying ML favorites so wanted to give it another whirl this week. 
    A&M, LSU, Stanford 
    Thoughts?
     
    Wizard41
    Wizard41
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 408
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 12:46 PM ET #21

    Mws. U must not have watched the utah st game. The back up was awful. Your comment does not line up with reality. At all
    Reply
    Mws. U must not have watched the utah st game. The back up was awful. Your comment does not line up with reality. At all
     
    abizzo24
    abizzo24
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 2537
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 1:05 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    I'm not playing those games abizzo, I was asking you a question, if those bets went 3-1 would you still consider them a sucker bet? I'm just trying to figure out your thinking here & point of the thread, I'm curious

    I actually lean to your side on one of those games



    absolutely.   these are square plays,  if you consistently play square plays, over the course of time you will lose.  you might win this week, but you will not win long term.  
      
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    I'm not playing those games abizzo, I was asking you a question, if those bets went 3-1 would you still consider them a sucker bet? I'm just trying to figure out your thinking here & point of the thread, I'm curious

    I actually lean to your side on one of those games



    absolutely.   these are square plays,  if you consistently play square plays, over the course of time you will lose.  you might win this week, but you will not win long term.  
      
     
    mws
    mws
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 7191
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 1:08 PM ET #23

    Of course, I watched the game.  Your comment that the backup looked awful is non-responsive.  It ignores what I said.  I didn't say he looked good; I said he looked better than Keeton, which is true.
    Reply
    Of course, I watched the game.  Your comment that the backup looked awful is non-responsive.  It ignores what I said.  I didn't say he looked good; I said he looked better than Keeton, which is true.
     
    Jim35
    Jim35
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 53
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 1:35 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by abizzo24:

    Jim, so you like A&M right?   ride johnny football only laying 6.5? 


    I did. I am an SEC guy and do well on these games because I follow them and watch about every game played. I come here for insights on games and teams I don't get to watch week in and week out. I went 5 and 2 last week only getting beat on the Tenn and Auburn games.

    Bama has been money for me, not lost one yet and TAM has been to this point. I think Ol Miss is a pretty bad team and I know TAM has a bad defense but I am not convinced Ol Miss can keep up in a shoot out and TAM has motivation since Ol Miss QB was shooting his mouth off about having better receivers than TAM before the Bama game. It looks like a bad miss match with TAM receivers against Ol Miss DB's.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by abizzo24:

    Jim, so you like A&M right?   ride johnny football only laying 6.5? 


    I did. I am an SEC guy and do well on these games because I follow them and watch about every game played. I come here for insights on games and teams I don't get to watch week in and week out. I went 5 and 2 last week only getting beat on the Tenn and Auburn games.

    Bama has been money for me, not lost one yet and TAM has been to this point. I think Ol Miss is a pretty bad team and I know TAM has a bad defense but I am not convinced Ol Miss can keep up in a shoot out and TAM has motivation since Ol Miss QB was shooting his mouth off about having better receivers than TAM before the Bama game. It looks like a bad miss match with TAM receivers against Ol Miss DB's.
     
     
    catera123
    catera123
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 1233
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2013 - 1:45 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by abizzo24:

    there are several huge sucker bets on the board this week IMO.

    - Boise -7 (we all know chuckie keaton is out, their backup didn't look top hot against BYU.   You would think maybe Utah St. would be getting more than 7, squares going to be all over boise here )

    - A&M -7 (you mean to tell me i get johnny fuuckin football against the mississippi team that just lost to Auburn and laid an egg at Bama and i only have to lay 6.5?  )

    - NW +10 (i get the ranked team who almost beat OSU against Stave who isn't a good thrower and you're going to give me 10?  )

    - Mich -3 (perception is that mich is better than PSU, seems too easy to just take mich to win by a field goal )


    of course my reaction to these lines is

    the problem is, i'm not sure i have the balls to go against any of these (yet).  going to need to dig deeper.


      


    -
    eye c u is always talking football dog... And the stuff juice out your mouth about games b stupid... Like u was talking bout LSU will not cover against Miss.st.... U B TALKING OUT THE SIDE OF YOUR MOUTH... AND CANNOT PICK A LEAF OFF A TREE.. GET REAL DOG... U DONE POST MORE THAN ME... START CHECKING THE BOX SCORES AND C HOW TEAMS WIN... LIKE MICH AGAINST UCONN & ARKON GAME THEM TWO TEAMES STAYED IN THEM GAMES CAUSE MICH TURN THE BALL OVER AND MICH WAS UP IN BOTH OF THEM GAMES AND STILL WON... DO SOME CAPPING AND U MIGHT GET GOOD...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by abizzo24:

    there are several huge sucker bets on the board this week IMO.

    - Boise -7 (we all know chuckie keaton is out, their backup didn't look top hot against BYU.   You would think maybe Utah St. would be getting more than 7, squares going to be all over boise here )

    - A&M -7 (you mean to tell me i get johnny fuuckin football against the mississippi team that just lost to Auburn and laid an egg at Bama and i only have to lay 6.5?  )

    - NW +10 (i get the ranked team who almost beat OSU against Stave who isn't a good thrower and you're going to give me 10?  )

    - Mich -3 (perception is that mich is better than PSU, seems too easy to just take mich to win by a field goal )


    of course my reaction to these lines is

    the problem is, i'm not sure i have the balls to go against any of these (yet).  going to need to dig deeper.


      


    -
    eye c u is always talking football dog... And the stuff juice out your mouth about games b stupid... Like u was talking bout LSU will not cover against Miss.st.... U B TALKING OUT THE SIDE OF YOUR MOUTH... AND CANNOT PICK A LEAF OFF A TREE.. GET REAL DOG... U DONE POST MORE THAN ME... START CHECKING THE BOX SCORES AND C HOW TEAMS WIN... LIKE MICH AGAINST UCONN & ARKON GAME THEM TWO TEAMES STAYED IN THEM GAMES CAUSE MICH TURN THE BALL OVER AND MICH WAS UP IN BOTH OF THEM GAMES AND STILL WON... DO SOME CAPPING AND U MIGHT GET GOOD...
    All Forums | College Football
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,609
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 500
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,090
    • Sunday 3,117
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,898
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,147
    • HELP PLEASE 1,285
    • NFL Sunday 7,225
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,518
    • ***Macwesties * Thur. * Sun. Sept. 24, 27, 2026 * Week #3 * NFL Football Plays* 8,732

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.