Quote Originally Posted by Last2thirst: 11-2 is an impressive week Those 2 losses were gross, terrible picks. I must be/do better!
Did you get those from someone else?
Stop looking in my thread! lol .....I go 3 - 0 and then poleax my record with a Huskies dud game vs Gophers
If both you and Hoo hot, we have to resuscitate the BOWL THREAD and have some fun watching you knuckleheads bludgeon the Vegas lines and laugh the whole through
The NCAAF Forum is finally humming and thanks to you two genuine cappers and new upstart playas....its getting better
Have a good one
Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:
Quote Originally Posted by Last2thirst: 11-2 is an impressive week Those 2 losses were gross, terrible picks. I must be/do better!
Did you get those from someone else?
Stop looking in my thread! lol .....I go 3 - 0 and then poleax my record with a Huskies dud game vs Gophers
If both you and Hoo hot, we have to resuscitate the BOWL THREAD and have some fun watching you knuckleheads bludgeon the Vegas lines and laugh the whole through
The NCAAF Forum is finally humming and thanks to you two genuine cappers and new upstart playas....its getting better
sad they took away my ability to post videos... some are happy ...to the them i say ....... old snl skit "gilda radner" as emily litella ... RICHARD "FADER" from fort lee new jersey ... (well got may fader crack in ) still few video withdrawals .. ok am done now
goldfinger 1964
sad they took away my ability to post videos... some are happy ...to the them i say ....... old snl skit "gilda radner" as emily litella ... RICHARD "FADER" from fort lee new jersey ... (well got may fader crack in ) still few video withdrawals .. ok am done now
Good luck this week Train, thanks for what you do. If you have the time tell me why Pitt is a dog against Va. Tech. This looks way to easy to take Pitt. I must be missing something.
Hello my friend! You aren't missing anything, just the way things shake out.
1) Pitts 1st road game
2) Short week
3) Blacksburg is/was a top 10 venue (so it gets a bit more sway). With this being Franklin's first big home game I would expect a capacity crowd for Friday night lights
4) Pitts offensive and defensive #'s/ranking are very skewed from beating Mia Oh and Bucknell 118-14.....they managed just 39 total points against UCF & Cuse
5) Same could be said of VTs numbers, beating up on VMI & ODU....but they did put up 56 points on the road combined vs Maryland & BC
I believe the VT defense will be the key here. Here are Mason Heinschuel numbers:
Vs M Oh/Bucknell 60/78 13 tds/0 ints
Vs Cuse/UCF 28/52 0 tds/1 int
So his combined numbers look stellar thru 4 games, but VT will be the best D he has faced so I'm expecting 50-55% completions.....probably an int or 2.....
Pitt has a couple solid RBs in Ferguson and Wright .....but so does VT with Hawkins & Overton.....
Grunkemeyer for VT has 8 yds and 0 into on the season. He like short passes to TE Reynolds.....
I am leaning VT....Franklin could never win games he wasnt supposed to, but his squad was always solid vs nearly equal or lesser competition.
But my main play on this game will be the U54.5.....possibly a 1st H U..... will post tomorrow early afternoon when I decide.
Quote Originally Posted by Leroy11:
Good luck this week Train, thanks for what you do. If you have the time tell me why Pitt is a dog against Va. Tech. This looks way to easy to take Pitt. I must be missing something.
Hello my friend! You aren't missing anything, just the way things shake out.
1) Pitts 1st road game
2) Short week
3) Blacksburg is/was a top 10 venue (so it gets a bit more sway). With this being Franklin's first big home game I would expect a capacity crowd for Friday night lights
4) Pitts offensive and defensive #'s/ranking are very skewed from beating Mia Oh and Bucknell 118-14.....they managed just 39 total points against UCF & Cuse
5) Same could be said of VTs numbers, beating up on VMI & ODU....but they did put up 56 points on the road combined vs Maryland & BC
I believe the VT defense will be the key here. Here are Mason Heinschuel numbers:
Vs M Oh/Bucknell 60/78 13 tds/0 ints
Vs Cuse/UCF 28/52 0 tds/1 int
So his combined numbers look stellar thru 4 games, but VT will be the best D he has faced so I'm expecting 50-55% completions.....probably an int or 2.....
Pitt has a couple solid RBs in Ferguson and Wright .....but so does VT with Hawkins & Overton.....
Grunkemeyer for VT has 8 yds and 0 into on the season. He like short passes to TE Reynolds.....
I am leaning VT....Franklin could never win games he wasnt supposed to, but his squad was always solid vs nearly equal or lesser competition.
But my main play on this game will be the U54.5.....possibly a 1st H U..... will post tomorrow early afternoon when I decide.
Thoughts on the Penn St game tonight? The other two are in VA so I can’t bet on them lol. Main action is tomorrow but as you say action is action so I might need to look into this Penn St game lol. It does look ugly though.
Thoughts on the Penn St game tonight? The other two are in VA so I can’t bet on them lol. Main action is tomorrow but as you say action is action so I might need to look into this Penn St game lol. It does look ugly though.
Thoughts on the Penn St game tonight? The other two are in VA so I can’t bet on them lol. Main action is tomorrow but as you say action is action so I might need to look into this Penn St game lol. It does look ugly though.
Man, you are correct.....ugly indeed. Small lean to NW....but not thrilled at all. A NW +9.5/U52.5 teaser looks decent, but nothing worth more than an action wager....
Sorry not more help
Quote Originally Posted by Tarheels85:
Thoughts on the Penn St game tonight? The other two are in VA so I can’t bet on them lol. Main action is tomorrow but as you say action is action so I might need to look into this Penn St game lol. It does look ugly though.
Man, you are correct.....ugly indeed. Small lean to NW....but not thrilled at all. A NW +9.5/U52.5 teaser looks decent, but nothing worth more than an action wager....
Alabama TT O32.5 or O60 for the game? I think I like both but only going to play one. I know your plays aren’t out yet but was wondering if either are going to make the list.
Alabama TT O32.5 or O60 for the game? I think I like both but only going to play one. I know your plays aren’t out yet but was wondering if either are going to make the list.
Alabama TT O32.5 or O60 for the game? I think I like both but only going to play one. I know your plays aren’t out yet but was wondering if either are going to make the list.
I dont think either will be on my list. I leaned under 58.5 when the lines came out....and I'd say 99% of the things I've read and listened to like the over in this game....but I see 2 very young QBs in a very big game.....of course this can be a 45-41 affair.....but 28-17 wouldn't shock me.
Sorry not more help brother.
Quote Originally Posted by Tarheels85:
Alabama TT O32.5 or O60 for the game? I think I like both but only going to play one. I know your plays aren’t out yet but was wondering if either are going to make the list.
I dont think either will be on my list. I leaned under 58.5 when the lines came out....and I'd say 99% of the things I've read and listened to like the over in this game....but I see 2 very young QBs in a very big game.....of course this can be a 45-41 affair.....but 28-17 wouldn't shock me.
The hootrain bowl thread has always been legendary!
train what do you think of the following: UTSA -10.5 (thinking drop off with backup in at rice) and UTSA has been rolling, under 51.5 Hawaii/SJSU (both teams look ugly on offense), I wanted tx state but that spread ballooned with the mumps out break still considering at -8 (may buy to 7)
@BeeRich
The hootrain bowl thread has always been legendary!
train what do you think of the following: UTSA -10.5 (thinking drop off with backup in at rice) and UTSA has been rolling, under 51.5 Hawaii/SJSU (both teams look ugly on offense), I wanted tx state but that spread ballooned with the mumps out break still considering at -8 (may buy to 7)
First run thru I wrote down WV +2.5 & O52.5...like the Over better than a side...doubt I play either....may dabble with a Cam Cook or Hawkins anytime TD.....those guys will handle the ball a ton. Still not sure what to think of Iowa St. Played tough vs Iowa and Utah but where over matched. Vegas seems to think they are gonna be the better team tomorrow.....but I'm not that confident they can stop the WV running attack. Jaylen Raynor is completing just over 50% of his passes.....maybe this D is the one he can get that number up to 65%+.....
Too many what ifs for me.....but the Over is still on my lean list. Will look at it again later when I run back thru the card.
Quote Originally Posted by Toddog7777:
What do you think about WV-Iowa State?
First run thru I wrote down WV +2.5 & O52.5...like the Over better than a side...doubt I play either....may dabble with a Cam Cook or Hawkins anytime TD.....those guys will handle the ball a ton. Still not sure what to think of Iowa St. Played tough vs Iowa and Utah but where over matched. Vegas seems to think they are gonna be the better team tomorrow.....but I'm not that confident they can stop the WV running attack. Jaylen Raynor is completing just over 50% of his passes.....maybe this D is the one he can get that number up to 65%+.....
Too many what ifs for me.....but the Over is still on my lean list. Will look at it again later when I run back thru the card.