Obviously, Auburn will be in either way... unless they absolutely get blown away, but if they lose they should not be there...Case closed...
If Auburn Loses...
Obviously, Auburn will be in either way... unless they absolutely get blown away, but if they lose they should not be there...Case closed...
Obviously, Auburn will be in either way... unless they absolutely get blown away, but if they lose they should not be there...Case closed...
i tend to agree with you... but i know how this BCS system works...
i tend to agree with you... but i know how this BCS system works...
Auburn would be the best 1 loss team in the country, so the questions is would the BCS allow a non-AQ(TCU) team reach the NC game over a 1 loss team(auburn)
Auburn would be the best 1 loss team in the country, so the questions is would the BCS allow a non-AQ(TCU) team reach the NC game over a 1 loss team(auburn)
Auburn would be the best 1 loss team in the country, so the questions is would the BCS allow a non-AQ(TCU) team reach the NC game over a 1 loss team(auburn)
How do you know who the best one/loss team in the country is? I mean really...how does any human know this?
Auburn would be the best 1 loss team in the country, so the questions is would the BCS allow a non-AQ(TCU) team reach the NC game over a 1 loss team(auburn)
How do you know who the best one/loss team in the country is? I mean really...how does any human know this?
How do you know who the best one/loss team in the country is? I mean really...how does any human know this?
how do u know who the best team in the country is? the worst? the 57th? noone knows when u boil down to it
but with the system in place now, Auburn would be the highest ranked 1 loss team in the country and i think the polls are about the closest we get to knowing who goes where. if auburn loses, they drop to 2, and stay barely above TCU...TCU is not gettin in this year...
How do you know who the best one/loss team in the country is? I mean really...how does any human know this?
how do u know who the best team in the country is? the worst? the 57th? noone knows when u boil down to it
but with the system in place now, Auburn would be the highest ranked 1 loss team in the country and i think the polls are about the closest we get to knowing who goes where. if auburn loses, they drop to 2, and stay barely above TCU...TCU is not gettin in this year...
I'd like to see Auburn face TCU more than Oregon. I think Boise would throttle Oregon, and get the feeling they're overrated. Who says the PAC 10 is demonstrably better than the Mtn West? Something fishy about scoring 50 points and giving up 30+. And then we will see Oregon favored over Auburn? This I have to see to believe. This will be a BAAAAAd spot for Oregon--to be #1, and seen as pompous and the big cat to be knocked down. Auburn has played all their games in the South against southern region teams. They are a hidden beauty, and Cam Newton is the real deal. Oregon is completely outmanned at QB, PAC10 has more to prove than the SEC team.'
Seems to me TCU would not let up on Auburn, and they'd keep the door shut. And Oregon will give up 30-40--who knows?
I'd like to see Auburn face TCU more than Oregon. I think Boise would throttle Oregon, and get the feeling they're overrated. Who says the PAC 10 is demonstrably better than the Mtn West? Something fishy about scoring 50 points and giving up 30+. And then we will see Oregon favored over Auburn? This I have to see to believe. This will be a BAAAAAd spot for Oregon--to be #1, and seen as pompous and the big cat to be knocked down. Auburn has played all their games in the South against southern region teams. They are a hidden beauty, and Cam Newton is the real deal. Oregon is completely outmanned at QB, PAC10 has more to prove than the SEC team.'
Seems to me TCU would not let up on Auburn, and they'd keep the door shut. And Oregon will give up 30-40--who knows?
They do not belong in the national title game...I don't care what conference you play in, a loss is a loss...If Auburn wins, well deserved...If not, move on...Being in the National Title Game after losing your Conference Championship Game is a joke anyway..
Obviously, Auburn will be in either way... unless they absolutely get blown away, but if they lose they should not be there...Case closed...
Well first off, hopefully Auburn will win the SEC champ game and make discussion of this topic pointless.
However, if they do lose, not sure I agree with you, regardless of what the team is in that position.
Problem is conference championship games. Not everyone has them. Not really a 'level' playing field. Of course neither is the BCS system.
Question that would/should be asked if Auburn did lose is why should they be punished for losing their conference championship game against an opponent they played earlier in the year and beat. No champ game in Pac-10 or Big 10. If the SEC was still structured in that manner than Auburn has already won the conference and is in the BCS title game.
An entire debate about whether you should be rewarded or punished for a conference championship game would ensue.
I do know in 2004 when Auburn went undefeated and got left out of the BCS title game that got NO credit in the BCS calculations for winning the SEC title game against Tennessee because it was a rematch from earlier in the year. So Auburn beats the vols twice, first time ranked in top 10, second time ranked in top 15, and got zero credit for the 2nd win. They say it's as if the game was never played when it came to the BCS calculations. However if they would have lost that game it would have counted against them and knocked them out.
They do not belong in the national title game...I don't care what conference you play in, a loss is a loss...If Auburn wins, well deserved...If not, move on...Being in the National Title Game after losing your Conference Championship Game is a joke anyway..
Obviously, Auburn will be in either way... unless they absolutely get blown away, but if they lose they should not be there...Case closed...
Well first off, hopefully Auburn will win the SEC champ game and make discussion of this topic pointless.
However, if they do lose, not sure I agree with you, regardless of what the team is in that position.
Problem is conference championship games. Not everyone has them. Not really a 'level' playing field. Of course neither is the BCS system.
Question that would/should be asked if Auburn did lose is why should they be punished for losing their conference championship game against an opponent they played earlier in the year and beat. No champ game in Pac-10 or Big 10. If the SEC was still structured in that manner than Auburn has already won the conference and is in the BCS title game.
An entire debate about whether you should be rewarded or punished for a conference championship game would ensue.
I do know in 2004 when Auburn went undefeated and got left out of the BCS title game that got NO credit in the BCS calculations for winning the SEC title game against Tennessee because it was a rematch from earlier in the year. So Auburn beats the vols twice, first time ranked in top 10, second time ranked in top 15, and got zero credit for the 2nd win. They say it's as if the game was never played when it came to the BCS calculations. However if they would have lost that game it would have counted against them and knocked them out.
i think aurburn losess this week
Garcia will be the difference maker
To be honest, I am worried we won't see Cam Newton (and I kinda want to see him there), because I think playing another team twice doesn't seem seem like Auburn has the full across the spectrum dominance. I mean, the Gamecocks will be able to score 20+, on Auburn--that's a given...and in the modern game that's the cutoff point to being in a position to win.
Does Randall Cunningham or Vince Young or any mobile QB in the well coached NFL able to spray the ball all over the field and fly around freely the SECOND TIME around? There's always a lock down of the numbers the next time around. Just saying...
Then again, I saw Alabama do just that, but for only one half of football.
i think aurburn losess this week
Garcia will be the difference maker
To be honest, I am worried we won't see Cam Newton (and I kinda want to see him there), because I think playing another team twice doesn't seem seem like Auburn has the full across the spectrum dominance. I mean, the Gamecocks will be able to score 20+, on Auburn--that's a given...and in the modern game that's the cutoff point to being in a position to win.
Does Randall Cunningham or Vince Young or any mobile QB in the well coached NFL able to spray the ball all over the field and fly around freely the SECOND TIME around? There's always a lock down of the numbers the next time around. Just saying...
Then again, I saw Alabama do just that, but for only one half of football.
To be honest, I am worried we won't see Cam Newton (and I kinda want to see him there), because I think playing another team twice doesn't seem seem like Auburn has the full across the spectrum dominance. I mean, the Gamecocks will be able to score 20+, on Auburn--that's a given...and in the modern game that's the cutoff point to being in a position to win.
Does Randall Cunningham or Vince Young or any mobile QB in the well coached NFL able to spray the ball all over the field and fly around freely the SECOND TIME around? There's always a lock down of the numbers the next time around. Just saying...
Then again, I saw Alabama do just that, but for only one half of football.
Not sure I understand that statement, but if you are saying what I think you are, ask Bama how that worked out.
To be honest, I am worried we won't see Cam Newton (and I kinda want to see him there), because I think playing another team twice doesn't seem seem like Auburn has the full across the spectrum dominance. I mean, the Gamecocks will be able to score 20+, on Auburn--that's a given...and in the modern game that's the cutoff point to being in a position to win.
Does Randall Cunningham or Vince Young or any mobile QB in the well coached NFL able to spray the ball all over the field and fly around freely the SECOND TIME around? There's always a lock down of the numbers the next time around. Just saying...
Then again, I saw Alabama do just that, but for only one half of football.
Not sure I understand that statement, but if you are saying what I think you are, ask Bama how that worked out.
As for will auburn be in the NC game if they lose the sec championship. There is no way that could happen. This is too late in the year to lose and the computers would drop them and the human polls would also drop them to at least 5th or 6th and that would be enough for TCU to jump up to the NC game against Org.
As for will auburn be in the NC game if they lose the sec championship. There is no way that could happen. This is too late in the year to lose and the computers would drop them and the human polls would also drop them to at least 5th or 6th and that would be enough for TCU to jump up to the NC game against Org.
As far as the best 1-loss team in the country, I think Stanford is that team now and they still would be if Auburn loses.
As for will auburn be in the NC game if they lose the sec championship. There is no way that could happen. This is too late in the year to lose and the computers would drop them and the human polls would also drop them to at least 5th or 6th and that would be enough for TCU to jump up to the NC game against Org.
Wisconsin might have something to say about who's the best 1 loss team. Would love to see a Wisc/Stanford bowl game, I think that would be very interesting
As far as the best 1-loss team in the country, I think Stanford is that team now and they still would be if Auburn loses.
As for will auburn be in the NC game if they lose the sec championship. There is no way that could happen. This is too late in the year to lose and the computers would drop them and the human polls would also drop them to at least 5th or 6th and that would be enough for TCU to jump up to the NC game against Org.
Wisconsin might have something to say about who's the best 1 loss team. Would love to see a Wisc/Stanford bowl game, I think that would be very interesting
I think a stan/wisc would be a great game.
I think a stan/wisc would be a great game.
what happens if oregon and aurburn lose , who plays TCU then?
Stanford or Wisconsin will play againist TCU in the National Championship!
what happens if oregon and aurburn lose , who plays TCU then?
Stanford or Wisconsin will play againist TCU in the National Championship!
at least it's not as bad as the people who think Fla Int'l should be invited to a 16 playoff for a shot at the National Title... but Boise shouldn't...
i tend to agree with you... but i know how this BCS system works...
I saw that and Figured the Poster
just started watching Football
and/or was 11...
at least it's not as bad as the people who think Fla Int'l should be invited to a 16 playoff for a shot at the National Title... but Boise shouldn't...
i tend to agree with you... but i know how this BCS system works...
I saw that and Figured the Poster
just started watching Football
and/or was 11...
What a ridiculous statement at the beginning of this thread. Here is something I have heard few mention. Why penalize Auburn if they lose this game? Really? If the SEC followed the PAC-10, Big 10 there season would be over and they would be conference champs at 8-0. The fact that they have to play a 13th game when only the ACC / Big 12 does as well should not penalize them. It actually helps teams like Stanford and Wisconsin because if they had a championship game they would be paired against Oregon and Ohio St/Mich. St respectively and would face significant tests.
Not sure it matters. I think AU rolls in the 2nd half again this week to the tune of 45-28 and punches their ticket to Glendale.
What a ridiculous statement at the beginning of this thread. Here is something I have heard few mention. Why penalize Auburn if they lose this game? Really? If the SEC followed the PAC-10, Big 10 there season would be over and they would be conference champs at 8-0. The fact that they have to play a 13th game when only the ACC / Big 12 does as well should not penalize them. It actually helps teams like Stanford and Wisconsin because if they had a championship game they would be paired against Oregon and Ohio St/Mich. St respectively and would face significant tests.
Not sure it matters. I think AU rolls in the 2nd half again this week to the tune of 45-28 and punches their ticket to Glendale.
Auburn is in regardless of the SC game outcome. They aren't going to punish a team who loses in a championship game. It would be different if there was more than one undefeated team from a major conference. TCU doesn't get screwed any more than Stanford or Wisconsin will. In a playoff, you could argue that they are playing some of the best football right now. Stanford lost to one of the undefeated, yet has played well since. Wisconsin lost to MSU then looked great since.
Boise's loss hurts TCU in that everyone was drinking the Boise kool-aid. Then the unthinkable happens and they lose. Voters will be even more critical of TCU's strength of schedule in my opinion. You can't help but wonder how Boise could go from being considered by many to be #1 worthy to losing to Nevada. Don't tell me about the kicker either, because that was only one of many reasons they choked that game away. Anybody who watches a ton of football would start wondering if TCU might be overvalued. They play a weaker schedule than Boise does, and that was the only knock on Boise.
Here are the only scenarios in my opinion. Auburn gets in regardless. Even if they should lose to South Carolina, the will have played 6 games against teams that will finsh in the BCS top 25. That's half their schedule. Still don't think strength of schedule matters?:
1)Oregon wins, then meets Auburn for the title game.
2)Oregon loses. Auburn plays TCU. Oregon losing to 5-6 Oregon St. would drop them and hurt Stanford's strength of schedule.
I don't think Oregon will lose. I'm a Clemson fan, so I'm not biased. Just seeing the facts.
Auburn is in regardless of the SC game outcome. They aren't going to punish a team who loses in a championship game. It would be different if there was more than one undefeated team from a major conference. TCU doesn't get screwed any more than Stanford or Wisconsin will. In a playoff, you could argue that they are playing some of the best football right now. Stanford lost to one of the undefeated, yet has played well since. Wisconsin lost to MSU then looked great since.
Boise's loss hurts TCU in that everyone was drinking the Boise kool-aid. Then the unthinkable happens and they lose. Voters will be even more critical of TCU's strength of schedule in my opinion. You can't help but wonder how Boise could go from being considered by many to be #1 worthy to losing to Nevada. Don't tell me about the kicker either, because that was only one of many reasons they choked that game away. Anybody who watches a ton of football would start wondering if TCU might be overvalued. They play a weaker schedule than Boise does, and that was the only knock on Boise.
Here are the only scenarios in my opinion. Auburn gets in regardless. Even if they should lose to South Carolina, the will have played 6 games against teams that will finsh in the BCS top 25. That's half their schedule. Still don't think strength of schedule matters?:
1)Oregon wins, then meets Auburn for the title game.
2)Oregon loses. Auburn plays TCU. Oregon losing to 5-6 Oregon St. would drop them and hurt Stanford's strength of schedule.
I don't think Oregon will lose. I'm a Clemson fan, so I'm not biased. Just seeing the facts.
Hot Forum Topics
- Claiming Prizes 57,726
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,645
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 273,693
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,342
- Saturday 10/10/2026 605
- Week 6 Money 16,275
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 40,337
- NFL LOCKED IN! 106,062
- NCAA WEEK 6 *** Train is of the essence *** 11,423
- Most important thread for me in the last 30 days 1,743
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
