have a safe trip and get that
I haven't had a bad trip yet
Kindergarten,
I have been using KenPom for a couple years now. I actually have a spreadsheet very similar to what it is that you produced for everybody. Two suggestion I might add:
1) Include SOS so you can know the degree of importance behind the efficiency #s (Ex: Florida and UCSB, while UCSB might have similar numbers that is a result of playing worse competition)
It just helps get a better orientation and what the numbers truly mean
2) The second stat I am using and only during tournament time is the Effective Age for each team. Experience plays a HUGE role come this time a year. I am going to have a hard time betting a team with a much younger team than who they are playing.
Just a couple things to think about. I was glad to see somebody else is a Kenpom believer, it's time a lot of those outdated stats are thrown out. Good luck to you though!
Kindergarten,
I have been using KenPom for a couple years now. I actually have a spreadsheet very similar to what it is that you produced for everybody. Two suggestion I might add:
1) Include SOS so you can know the degree of importance behind the efficiency #s (Ex: Florida and UCSB, while UCSB might have similar numbers that is a result of playing worse competition)
It just helps get a better orientation and what the numbers truly mean
2) The second stat I am using and only during tournament time is the Effective Age for each team. Experience plays a HUGE role come this time a year. I am going to have a hard time betting a team with a much younger team than who they are playing.
Just a couple things to think about. I was glad to see somebody else is a Kenpom believer, it's time a lot of those outdated stats are thrown out. Good luck to you though!
Kindergarten,
I have been using KenPom for a couple years now. I actually have a spreadsheet very similar to what it is that you produced for everybody. Two suggestion I might add:
1) Include SOS so you can know the degree of importance behind the efficiency #s (Ex: Florida and UCSB, while UCSB might have similar numbers that is a result of playing worse competition)
It just helps get a better orientation and what the numbers truly mean
2) The second stat I am using and only during tournament time is the Effective Age for each team. Experience plays a HUGE role come this time a year. I am going to have a hard time betting a team with a much younger team than who they are playing.
Just a couple things to think about. I was glad to see somebody else is a Kenpom believer, it's time a lot of those outdated stats are thrown out. Good luck to you though!
Kindergarten,
I have been using KenPom for a couple years now. I actually have a spreadsheet very similar to what it is that you produced for everybody. Two suggestion I might add:
1) Include SOS so you can know the degree of importance behind the efficiency #s (Ex: Florida and UCSB, while UCSB might have similar numbers that is a result of playing worse competition)
It just helps get a better orientation and what the numbers truly mean
2) The second stat I am using and only during tournament time is the Effective Age for each team. Experience plays a HUGE role come this time a year. I am going to have a hard time betting a team with a much younger team than who they are playing.
Just a couple things to think about. I was glad to see somebody else is a Kenpom believer, it's time a lot of those outdated stats are thrown out. Good luck to you though!
First of all, congratulations on providing members on this site with useful information.
Since this information was handy for me, I wanted to contribute the distribution of 1H wagers for last years ROUND 1 tournament games as follows:
Line Over Under
50-54.5 0 1
55-59.5 5 1
60-64.5 4 5
65-69.5 5 7
70+ 3 0 1 Push
Total 17 14 1
I have a comment on these results. Statistically, there is nothing that stands out overall, except maybe the highest numbers 70+ tended to go over, as well as the 55 - 59.50 grouping. Interestingly, one game the pros wagered heavily on last year was under 53 1H in the Wisconsin-Wofford matchup. As you can see from the chart, the pros won this one easily, as the total fell on 46. To randomly wager "over" on all game totals under 60 would normally be suicidal, last year you would have been 5-2. I'll take that anytime.
BOL in you wagers,
Shirley
First of all, congratulations on providing members on this site with useful information.
Since this information was handy for me, I wanted to contribute the distribution of 1H wagers for last years ROUND 1 tournament games as follows:
Line Over Under
50-54.5 0 1
55-59.5 5 1
60-64.5 4 5
65-69.5 5 7
70+ 3 0 1 Push
Total 17 14 1
I have a comment on these results. Statistically, there is nothing that stands out overall, except maybe the highest numbers 70+ tended to go over, as well as the 55 - 59.50 grouping. Interestingly, one game the pros wagered heavily on last year was under 53 1H in the Wisconsin-Wofford matchup. As you can see from the chart, the pros won this one easily, as the total fell on 46. To randomly wager "over" on all game totals under 60 would normally be suicidal, last year you would have been 5-2. I'll take that anytime.
BOL in you wagers,
Shirley
