NCAA Tourney Stat Sheet
for chits and giggles, I just filled out a new bracket based completely off your spreadsheet. I blinded out the teams and just went off the numbers. first thing i did was highlight all statistical ratings of 25 or better, so if you were in top 25 in each category got higObviously, some of the matchups in the latter rounds were really close so subjectivity crept in (in that i obviously weighted certain stats i.e. sos and defense over others i.e. offense) but i never looked at a team name until after.... i never factored in pace really....i used SOS as Defensive categories as my most important stats and if there were any 'toss-ups' i then went to offense and ft %.... probably could have turned out a little bit different but i stayed pretty consistent.
elite 8:
osu /cuse
duke/uconn
kansas/purdue
pitt/gonzaga (gonzaga/mich st was pretty damn even)
final four:
osu/duke
purdue/pitt
final:
duke/purdue
champ:
duke
for chits and giggles, I just filled out a new bracket based completely off your spreadsheet. I blinded out the teams and just went off the numbers. first thing i did was highlight all statistical ratings of 25 or better, so if you were in top 25 in each category got higObviously, some of the matchups in the latter rounds were really close so subjectivity crept in (in that i obviously weighted certain stats i.e. sos and defense over others i.e. offense) but i never looked at a team name until after.... i never factored in pace really....i used SOS as Defensive categories as my most important stats and if there were any 'toss-ups' i then went to offense and ft %.... probably could have turned out a little bit different but i stayed pretty consistent.
elite 8:
osu /cuse
duke/uconn
kansas/purdue
pitt/gonzaga (gonzaga/mich st was pretty damn even)
final four:
osu/duke
purdue/pitt
final:
duke/purdue
champ:
duke
Just finished all my brackets, KGC
Thanks man
Glad it's been put to use. Today it hit 100,000 hits. I e-mailed it to all my friends, who e-mailed it, who e-mailed it, who facebooked it.....it's been pretty crazy. I'm going to lose it if I see one printed out in Vegas
Just finished all my brackets, KGC
Thanks man
Glad it's been put to use. Today it hit 100,000 hits. I e-mailed it to all my friends, who e-mailed it, who e-mailed it, who facebooked it.....it's been pretty crazy. I'm going to lose it if I see one printed out in Vegas
Nothing like Vegas for March Madness, been going for it about 25 years now. Stayed at the Stardust until they blew it up, now stay at the Golden Nugget downtown. GL on all your wagers.
Nothing like Vegas for March Madness, been going for it about 25 years now. Stayed at the Stardust until they blew it up, now stay at the Golden Nugget downtown. GL on all your wagers.
Kindergarten,
I have been using KenPom for a couple years now. I actually have a spreadsheet very similar to what it is that you produced for everybody. Two suggestion I might add:
1) Include SOS so you can know the degree of importance behind the efficiency #s (Ex: Florida and UCSB, while UCSB might have similar numbers that is a result of playing worse competition)
It just helps get a better orientation and what the numbers truly mean
2) The second stat I am using and only during tournament time is the Effective Age for each team. Experience plays a HUGE role come this time a year. I am going to have a hard time betting a team with a much younger team than who they are playing.
Just a couple things to think about. I was glad to see somebody else is a Kenpom believer, it's time a lot of those outdated stats are thrown out. Good luck to you though!
Kindergarten,
I have been using KenPom for a couple years now. I actually have a spreadsheet very similar to what it is that you produced for everybody. Two suggestion I might add:
1) Include SOS so you can know the degree of importance behind the efficiency #s (Ex: Florida and UCSB, while UCSB might have similar numbers that is a result of playing worse competition)
It just helps get a better orientation and what the numbers truly mean
2) The second stat I am using and only during tournament time is the Effective Age for each team. Experience plays a HUGE role come this time a year. I am going to have a hard time betting a team with a much younger team than who they are playing.
Just a couple things to think about. I was glad to see somebody else is a Kenpom believer, it's time a lot of those outdated stats are thrown out. Good luck to you though!
Great info, thanks for the work!
Nothing like Vegas for March Madness, been going for it about 25 years now. Stayed at the Stardust until they blew it up, now stay at the Golden Nugget downtown. GL on all your wagers.
Wow...I hope 20 years from now I can say the same thing.
Not sure about Fremont, but that's a hell of a run friend
Great info, thanks for the work!
Nothing like Vegas for March Madness, been going for it about 25 years now. Stayed at the Stardust until they blew it up, now stay at the Golden Nugget downtown. GL on all your wagers.
Wow...I hope 20 years from now I can say the same thing.
Not sure about Fremont, but that's a hell of a run friend
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,459
- Sunday 10/04/2026 692
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,709
- NFL LOCKED IN! 104,366
- ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,081
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,525
- Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,890
- This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,835
- Monday 10/05/2026 369
- Breathtaking ....truly 36,319
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
