If this line drops anymore I'm going to swoop in and hammer the Orange. Don't be fooled by the close game these two teams played last year, Syracuse is a totally different squad this year. They're playing much more together and sharing the ball with each other. They are also way more committed on the defensive end. People think the way to beat that 2-3 zone is with outside shooting, but Cal, one of the best 3-pt shooting teams in the nation, shot horribly versus the Orange. Syracuse closes out so fast on shooters and they have so much length on the perimeter, all starters are at least 6-4/6-5, it's going to give Cornell fits. And obviously down low they have a huge advantage with Onuaku and Jackson who they're giving more touches. I get that this is a complete letdown game for Syracuse, but I think they could still roll here quite easily.
If this line drops anymore I'm going to swoop in and hammer the Orange. Don't be fooled by the close game these two teams played last year, Syracuse is a totally different squad this year. They're playing much more together and sharing the ball with each other. They are also way more committed on the defensive end. People think the way to beat that 2-3 zone is with outside shooting, but Cal, one of the best 3-pt shooting teams in the nation, shot horribly versus the Orange. Syracuse closes out so fast on shooters and they have so much length on the perimeter, all starters are at least 6-4/6-5, it's going to give Cornell fits. And obviously down low they have a huge advantage with Onuaku and Jackson who they're giving more touches. I get that this is a complete letdown game for Syracuse, but I think they could still roll here quite easily.
Cornell gave up 89 to Seton Hall at home last Friday. I mean they have a nice team and they play really hard, but if those outside shots aren't falling it could be a long night for them.
Cornell gave up 89 to Seton Hall at home last Friday. I mean they have a nice team and they play really hard, but if those outside shots aren't falling it could be a long night for them.